[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nechronica -The Long Long Sequel-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
File: Cover.jpg (206 KB, 600x839) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
206 KB, 600x839
New thread to the awesome RPG Nechronica.
Its time to wake up your dolls!
Lets necromance this threat from the archive again!

>I will post the rulebook and stuff for you
>Feel free to share your charactersheets
>Let us create new plot ideas
>>
>>44167402
Rulebook
>>
>>44167406
Rulebook (other version. more translated but not so much content)
>>
File: Charactersheet.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Charactersheet.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44167416
Charactersheets
>>
File: Battlemap.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Battlemap.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44167429
Battlemap
>>
>>44167435
Fragments of Memory Table
http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Nechronica:Fragments_of_Memory_Table
>>
>>44167792
we do not have much fans of this rpg here i guess...
>>
>>44167812
It usually gets some attention every time its posted but the necromancer, scenario and enemy parts rules haven't been translated yet so games don't get very far.

There was someone posting last night who had translated the fragments of memory and what little rules there are for necromancer (necromancers are horrors or savants with a Treat Rating of 20+). They asked if there was anything people felt needed to be added to the TLwiki and a couple of users asked for the enemy parts to be translated so soon we might have enough rules to have a proper game (or at least more varied combat).

I think the scenario stuff might be more useful if you're going to run a game though.
>>
>>44167402
This RPG is awesome. Unfortunately I haven't gotten the chance to play any myself, however.

Super Mega Bump. Let's see more content for this because it is amazing and surreal and wierd
>>
>>44169151
So, what exactly makes a necromancer? I mean, are they necromancers because they are so powerful, or are they so powerful because they are necromancers?
>>
>>44171961
That's up for the background fluff to determine, and that in turn is pretty much up to the GM because of how diffuse the game's fluff is. I have my own explanation for how the Necromancers work, but I can't post it because I'm running a game over Skype with a bunch of people from on here. I will say that it's a fantastic game for a GM, though - there's just so much to work with, since the little hard canon there is is extremely evocative.
>>
File: Firefly.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Firefly.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44172136

>>44172136

Yeah, honestly, it's a nice change of pace after playing in so many established settings (40k, Shadowrun, etc.). It makes playing a character who wants to learn how the world works a lot more fun since you don't know how it works yourself.

So far the only thing it seems a necromancer has to do is be able to do necromancy, beyond that, it's whatever the GM wants.

And for the sake of adding something, character from a currently running game. Earned 20 favor so far, that's why they have more reinforcement parts, and the radio is just something the GM gave everyone.
>>
This looks pretty sweet. Don't know if my group would take issue with playing as little undead girls. Though I could just as easily make them "adult" dolls.
>>
>>44172242
>Though I could just as easily make them "adult" dolls.
to the detriment of the game, unless all the players are on board with the same vulnerability and innocence themes
>>
>>44172242

It's far better to allow whoever wants to be male to do so than to make the characters adults. Being an adult skews the themes at play.
>>
File: 1340120983691.jpg (367 KB, 639x1000) Image search: [Google]
1340120983691.jpg
367 KB, 639x1000
TLfag here again. Glad to see people are into this game and this conversation is still going on - sometimes these threads just go nowhere and sputter and die.

>>44169151
>>44172136
There is actually a default explanation and setting history in the book. Translating it in full isn't that high on my list right now - I think it's easy enough and probably more fun for people to take the premise and the themes and run with them in their own ways. My game has its own totally different history of necromancy, which I'm also redacting here in case any of my players are reading. The default explanation is vague, implausible, and technobabbley enough that you can replace it with basically anything you think sounds cool and not change the world that much. I might outline it a little later, if people are curious anyway.

>>44172242
You could, but as we discussed a bit in the last thread, the game would be worse for it. You can scrap "Dolls are all little girls" without changing much, but I strongly recommend keeping them kids. You'd have to neuter the game pretty hard to play it with the sort of normalfags who couldn't handle that, anyway.
>>
>>44172242

Honestly, this exact thing comes up so many times, we should have a copy paste ready.

In summary, this game has the "Everyone is a little girl" for two reasons, 1) It's what the designers want because they're into it and 2) Little girls are usual considered to be the most vulnerable/innocent people next to babies, this makes the dis-figuration, dismemberment, mental instability, and what have you carry more impact. You can easily let people play a boy without losing too much of that theme (unless you're strange and think little boys can't be vulnerable/innocent). Playing adults, you're more likely to lose that, though the combat system is still awesome and worth playing with, and there's still plenty of interesting themes and concepts to play with.
>>
>>44172266
>>44172321
I just read the bit that says a doll's age does not reflect the age of the person.

>>44172370
>You'd have to neuter the game pretty hard to play it with the sort of normalfags who couldn't handle that, anyway.

You might be right about that. Another D&D campaign it is.
>>
File: Nechronica Charactersheet 2.png (383 KB, 1289x947) Image search: [Google]
Nechronica Charactersheet 2.png
383 KB, 1289x947
>>44172233
wow thanks. this is the first time ever i see anybody posting his character here.
>btw. this is my character
>>
>>44172419
>You can easily let people play a boy without losing too much of that theme (unless you're strange and think little boys can't be vulnerable/innocent).

The thing about this is that you can perfectly easily play tough girls or guys who are comparatively jaded and confident and quite capable of survival, but think of it this way. When you see that mentality in a child as opposed to any sort of adult mutant superhuman soldier, there is an underlying current of doubt. You think "something traumatic must have happened to this young person to make them this way" or "they're putting up a front out of necessity."

The game is at its best when you retain these themes of doubt and vulnerability and damaged innocence. It's not about fetish shit, it's about maintaining that somber, dim, yet childishly hopeful emotional spark that drives the game. It's one reason why the game is considered so impressive.
>>
>>44172690

>That character sheet again.

You probably missed the comments made on it last time so...

>Way too many weapons. Not enough defend or move stuff. They all cost the same as well, so there's no real reason to use anything other then the lightsaber. Also, you neglected to put in what the melee attack for the boot knife is.

>if you're getting multiple weapons (not a bad idea), each one should have a niche. If you just get more sword/gun that does the same thing, you're missing out on AP, Supports/Hinders, Defense, or Moves you could have had to not need all those back up weapons.

>your skills like the +1 to attack checks do not apply to Electrigger as it is an unarmed attack, not a melee attack. You'll find similar situations for ranged stuff, the skill that gives a plus +1 only does it for ranged attacks so it doesn't work on blast attacks like the flamethrower.

>>44172690

Definitely agree with you there, however, while you certainly miss something foregoing that, the combat system is good enough to make the game worth playing anyway.
>>
>>44167402
>>44167402
>>44171961
This is kind of dependent on the setting you make for the campaign. Generally, following the context of the Fragments of Memory and the reasoning for making Dolls little girls, Necromancers are meant to be human or formally human.

They're implied to be the result of the World War that ended the world or at least, benefactors of it. They can be as magical or arcane as you want; hell, it's possible to run them as living humans controlling everything from behind the scenes or making them like Grey Aliens.

For my campaign, I made them the result of a Transcendental Being that communicated via/fed off of the emotions of human suffering and despair attempt to have kids. It was a very fun campaign for all that it lasted.

>>44167402
Question. If you are the Necromancer, is there anything preventing you from having your Savants/Horrors/Legions spend all of their AP points in a single round via spamming Attack? Because when I read the rules, it seems you're free to spend as much AP you want pre a round and can just keep on attacking.

But you can't switch between your melee/long-range/defense Parts until the rounds are over and AP is refreshed. Is this true?
>>
>>44173009
>Question. If you are the Necromancer, is there anything preventing you from having your Savants/Horrors/Legions spend all of their AP points in a single round via spamming Attack? Because when I read the rules, it seems you're free to spend as much AP you want pre a round and can just keep on attacking.
>But you can't switch between your melee/long-range/defense Parts until the rounds are over and AP is refreshed. Is this true?

Wait what? The way turn order works is that you go in order of AP and spend AP.

EX: Doll 1 has 11 AP, Doll 2 has 7, and Horror has 9.

Doll 1 uses an attack that cost 3 AP, so they have 8 AP.
It then goes to who has the most which is the horror with 9. The horror does an attack which cost 3 aimed at Doll 2. Doll 2 uses a hinder action which cost 1 so that they miss.

After all this the AP Count is Doll 1-8, Horror-6, Doll 2-6. And it just keeps going from there. When an NPC and doll have the same AP, the NPC goes first. Once everyone spends all their AP a new round begins and everyone gets their AP back.
>>
>>44173009
On the right hand side if the battle map is a time counter that fills the roll of initiative. Say you are start with 10 AP, on count 10 you perform an attack that costs 2 AP. Now you have 8 AP and take your next action on count 8. If anyone else has 10 AP they also get to take their action on count 10. When there's no one on count 10 you move on to count 9 and so on.

This means you can't spend all of your AP in one go because as soon as you act you drop down in initiative order. Its similar to those time wheels used us some White Wolf rpgs.
>>
>>44173185

>>44173185

Also, unless otherwise specified, anything with Check, Rapid, or Damage timing can only be used once per round.

Hypothetically a necromancer could give their stuff enough rapid attacks to use it all before the players can do anything, but that makes the necromancer a gigantic asshole.
>>
>>44173239
Part of my post got ate

You can just sit there and attack but whoever you're attacking will still get to react and take their own actions whenever the current count matches their AP.

I'm not sure about switching between mêlée/ranged though. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to since you can move between attacks.
>>
>>44173239
>>44173185
Yeah, but there's no limit to the amount of AP you can spend on a turn, right? So you can just keep attacking.
>>
>>44175867

No, while the wording is occasionally shit, your AP is determined by parts (6+parts providing AP). When you take an action, your AP is reduced and you cannot use another action with the action timing until it gets to your count. So if you have 9 AP, at count 9 you can use your fist (which cost 2 ap) and that's your attack which reduces you to 7 AP. You cannot use another maneuver with action timing until it reaches count 7. Actions with Check, Damage, or Rapid can be used when relevant, but usually only once per round.
>>
>>44175964
Ah, okay. The reading for that was unclear for our group. Thanks.
>>
we have so many capable persons here... why dosnt anybody created a character-generator in a simple programm language?
>>
>>44176049

Because it's unnecessary. There's almost no math involved or any need to automate anything. The character sheet even has the basics that everyone is going to have on them.
>>
>>44176049
If we were all so capable we'd actually be doing something with our lives instead of dicking around on /tg/.
>>
File: Emily.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Emily.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44172634
Here, anon. Since you enjoy people posting their characters so much. Converted it to .pdf just for you.

Funny story: if you look at the madness powered laser, that's the nerfed version of it. There was talk of giving it Area as well. As well as having it immediately clear all madness points upon use. The pre-nerf version might arguably still not be the most overpowered thing he's homebrewed in.
>>
>>44179110
>>44172233
I still dont get this Fetters thing

>>44172634
You don't even have Fetters? why?
>>
>>44179110

Is that game still going because goddamn, that's a lot of shit you got there.
>>
>>44179634
Yes, we're nearing on a year of playing it. It's been great fun, and I'm terribly lucky to be playing in it.

>>44179629
Fetters are your ties to the world around you, primarily through the dolls you woke up around. Your attachments to them keep you sane in the unreasonable world around you, and that same world strains these relationships until they break. That guy has no fetters because that's more of a prospective character, and he hasn't found a game.
>>
>>44179629

Fetters is basically emotional attachments. Everyone has one to their treasure. Fetters are what madness points are applied to, the more fetters you have, the more mental HP you have, basically. When fetters get their madness points maxed out you get a penalty of some sort. You can voluntarily take madness points to re-roll and certain abilities/parts require you to take a madness point to use.

That one guy doesn't have fetters because you have fetters on the other players and you roll them up just before the game starts and he isn't in a game.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.