[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there such thing as a game you can play with your eyes closed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
Is there such thing as a game you can play with your eyes closed while laying in bed and/or falling asleep?

Sometimes when I have insomnia I'll play simple video games or solitaire to help me doze off, but if there were something I could just play entirely in my head, that would be even better.
>>
>>44164858
It's called writing a story. I do it every night as I lie in bed, telling myself the tale of a ship captain in the middle of a war.
>>
>>44164858
What this guy said >>44164872
Just start a narrative in your mind as you're going to bed and let that whisk you off to dream land
a lot of mine have turned fetishy, but that's my fault really.
>>
>>44166304
>fetishy
this is now a "verge of sleep" thread.

>laying in bed trying to sleep
>feel something heavy and warm climb on top of my legs
>young wyvern laying on me curled up
>try to reach it, can't move.
>it notices me, starts moving closer to my face
>sprawls out over me like a blanket
>suddenly wake up in the morning, hot and sweaty
>>
>>44164872
This is what I do, and I'm surprised I never hear about others. It's just about the most relaxing thing I can think of.

It's like having your mom tell you a bedtime story, except you're your mom and there aren't any lame bears.
>>
>>44164858
>Is there such thing as a game you can play with your eyes closed while laying in bed and/or falling asleep?
I play a game called "everything you ever done wrong in your life" in which I anguish over everything I've ever done wrong in my life, with special attention paid to the shit I fucked up earlier that day. It's enlightening in that I usually discover that upon further examination, things that seemed okay at the time are actually great sources of shame.
>>
>>44166469
Going by the rules of what is and isn't a game, how is it a challenge for you to think of terrible things you've done?
>>
File: 1431149059128.png (170 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1431149059128.png
170 KB, 500x377
>>44166469
N-not it?
>>
>>44166469
Ooh, that's one of my favorites.
I find that it goes nicely with "remember that really shitty thing you did 10 years ago?"
>>
>>44166556
Time for the combo breaker!

>remember the shitty thing you did 10 years ago
>why are you still feeling bad about that?
>no you should feel bad about that don't ever think you're not still guilty

Goddamn, I wish I could focus on a fun story until I feel asleep.
>>
>>44166497
>Going by the rules of what is and isn't a game, how is it a challenge for you to think of terrible things you've done?
There are a number of different challenges.
1) That thing you thought you'd gotten over? Find a way to revive your shame.
2) That thing you thought was innocuous? Discover a way that you embarrassed yourself without even realizing it.
3) Find a way to feel guilty about things you haven't even done yet but which, given your track record, are likely to fuck up.
4) Try to remember past sources of shame that you'd somehow managed to bury under newer ones until they were forgotten.
>>
>>44166605
that is why we have booze anon
>>
I like to think of a word, and then think of another word that begins with the letter that last word ended with, until I can't think of any more. Also no tricky cheats like adding -y or -s to the end to make it a different word
>>
File: crying.png (260 KB, 500x478) Image search: [Google]
crying.png
260 KB, 500x478
>>44166469
You made me laugh so damn hard that it transitioned into uncontrollable sobbing once I realized that I was taking delight in the suffering of a fellow human being.
>>
>>44166469
>>44166556
>>44166605
>>44166668
The feel is too real
>>
This thread is way too real
>>
>>44166556
Nigga, everyone knows you play that one during the day when you are trying to have normal conversations and something reminds you of that really shitty thing you did 10 years ago.
I bet you play "Everyone probably hates me and only acts nice to me out of pity" game in bed too.
>>
I am in bed, and saw this thread thinking "oh this'll be fun, I can enjoy what other anon do"

Now I just wanna cry.
>>
>>44166755
I laughed at his post, then laughed harder at yours.
>>
File: 1386022450266.jpg (259 KB, 1254x836) Image search: [Google]
1386022450266.jpg
259 KB, 1254x836
>>44166469
Hit me a little too close to home there, anon. Fuck you.
>>
>>44166556
>>44166469

"Also, isn't it insanely easy in retrospect to see what you should have done to save your relationship?"
>>
>>44167845
Everything else in this thread was fine right up until your post

I hope you burn in the 1st layer of hell, nice and hot you sadistic fuck.
>>
File: 1380143506592.gif (2 MB, 400x333) Image search: [Google]
1380143506592.gif
2 MB, 400x333
>>44167845
Wow, I thought the first guy had hit me too close to home.

Why did you have to nail a hammer into my chest, anon?
>>
>>44167791
>>44166755
>>44166469
And I laughed at your three posts. Nice being asshole me.
>>
I usually imagine combat scenarios and try to imagine how it would play out. It can be as simple as a duel between two swordsmen to two massive armies battling.
>>
Good morning /tg/!

A good night's sleep brings a fresh new slate today for you to remember that little awkward moment from eight years ago and dwell on it all day.
>>
>>44164858
It's called dreaming
>>
>>44168853
You fucked up already. You should be ashamed of yourself.
>>
>>44167860

Also "you saw it coming, and still you fucked up on it"
>>
>>44164858
I always fall asleep telling myself stories and voicing all the characters, sometimes I act moves and stuff like that
It probably looks very silly but it feels great and helps me sleep
I even have recurring characters and most of my bedtime stories have a kind of B-Movie feel because my mind is already half-asleep and cooks up stupid stuff with lots of explosions

Is this common for other people ?
>>
>>44166368
Sounds like my last lsd trip.

>work nights, so took several hits of Lucy as soon as I started my days off.
>black light, soothing Industrial/house mix playing
>wrapped in a cheap "Mexican" cotton blanket cause winter
>suddenly lamia
>wrapping me tight enough to hold me in place without squeezing too hard, with python patterned scales
>keeps tasting my face with her tongue
>pillows I'm leaned against turn into wolf girl who holds me as well and nuzzles my ear.
>I was absolutely sure they were there holding me in place while the ceiling opened up and I saw.... Weird shit I would have fallen into without them.

I spent 2 and a half days like that, my roommate didn't even notice.

Towards the end I fell asleep, but it took a long time.
>>
>>44169487
My half asleep mind composes classical music sometimes.

It's probably terrible but it doesn't sound it at the time.
>>
>>44166469
Hypnotism and marijuana helps. I'm done playing that game.
>>
File: 1438621720960.jpg (40 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
1438621720960.jpg
40 KB, 600x300
>>44164872
i do that too, imagining myself on a quest that after a few months of fantasizing have become very complex and vivid, or living the life of a rich man with a harem and a mansion, or play with ideas of rpgs and strategy games, its all a bit magical realm though
>>
>>44164858
i usually play hearthstone and listen to asmr, asmr is usually shit but if i find some good video with a person talking in really broken english i feel very relaxed, hearthstone is casual enough that once you get the hang of it you can do it with your eyes closed
>>
>>44168853
I got a paper back today. The teacher gave me a B and praised the ideas I was going with, but his suggestions made me go, 'damn, why didn't I think of this? Why didn't I notice this? I could've done a lot better and actually earned the praise he's giving me.'
>>
>>44164858
It's called your imagination.
>>
>>44170311
I have never wanted to smoke pot more than I do now.
But my memory is already dogshit so it's probably the worst possible idea.
>>
>>44171515
It won't affect your memory, bro. And even if it did, don't you think it would be worth it not to have to be depressed to the point of debilitation? I would sacrifice my memory to be a decently functioning member of society. But then again my memory is still intact, so that really isn't the strongest argument.

Just go take a vacation in Colorado and see what a difference it makes.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.