[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Burning Wheel is the greatest RPG of all time. Prove me wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (167 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
167 KB, 1280x720
Burning Wheel is the greatest RPG of all time. Prove me wrong

>Pro tip: you can't
>>
File: Kai Lol!.png (30 KB, 155x156) Image search: [Google]
Kai Lol!.png
30 KB, 155x156
>>44164343

Okay.
>>
>>44164343

Goddammit Adam aren't you supposed to be at GaymerX?
>>
>>44165112
lol
>>
>>44165112

rekt
>>
File: mscddmx.jpg (73 KB, 719x405) Image search: [Google]
mscddmx.jpg
73 KB, 719x405
>>44164343
Burning Wheel is not the greatest RPG of all time. Prove me wrong

>Pro tip: you can't
>>
>>44164343
I actually really love burning wheel's core rules. It's just a shame that all of the rim stuff is cumbersome and wonky. When we tried to start incorporating Fight! and Duel of Wits, it was really neat and novel at first.. and then rapidly it began to drag. Every time we have to stop and "script" we would lose all of that momentum we had been building.
>>
>>44166746

I really like Fight! in theory, but without a group of players excited to learn and read the rules then yeah it just can drag on and take you right out of the game. On the upside Fight!, DoW and R&C are supposed to be used sparingly.
>>
>>44166800
Yeah. In practice, we basically stopped using Fight! and the like. I noticed that the roll20 BW game is basically taking the same tactic.

I think my final reservation with Fight! is that for the amount of effort and memorization it takes, and for how far it kind of pulls you out of the general flow of the game, it doesn't feel like it has a high enough return. For instance, TROS is a similar style of character-driven game, and has a combat system that is really only slightly more complicated than Fight! but it has a high better effort/reward payoff (at least in my opinion). We ultimately wound up reverse engineering the combat system from TROS and bolted it onto our BW to use instead of Fight!
>>
File: 1447929636948-0.jpg (167 KB, 589x570) Image search: [Google]
1447929636948-0.jpg
167 KB, 589x570
>>44164343
That's a big wheel
>>
>>44166832
>I noticed that the roll20 BW game is basically taking the same tactic.

Well, Duel of Wits was supposed to show up in the last session, but Austin Walker couldn't make it, so Basil didn't get to have a run-in with the new philosopher in town.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.