[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vamps be back, bitches
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: 635856330561888665.PNG.png (636 KB, 510x684) Image search: [Google]
635856330561888665.PNG.png
636 KB, 510x684
Vamps be back, bitches
>>
>>44161131
Who controls the zombie ?
Does it just float on the battlefield as a mercenary ?
Why arnt vampires red, I liked those ones.
Damn inistrad was ballin.
I need more bats, rats, and wolves.
>>
>>44162129
You do, you control the ability that creates it.
>>
>>44162129
You're retarded. You always control the token if you control the effect that made it, unless it explicitly says someone else controls it.

Learn to play the fucking game.
>>
What's with all this "exile" shit? Like it even matters whether is something is put into the graveyard or exiled.

All these meaningless distinctions are part of why my friends and I stopped sinking our money into Magic and moved on to better and more productive game experiences.
>>
>>44161131
Neat
>>
>>44162225
>What's with all this "exile" shit? Like it even matters whether is something is put into the graveyard or exiled.

What is wrong with you. That's such a colossally huge distinction. Especially in formats like EDH, where graveyard recursion is incredibly important.
>>
>>44162218
Not knowing a rule doesn't make him retarded anon.

Retardation is a developmental disability that is generally not fixable. You're retarded for life.

Ignorance is an lack of knowledge that is fixable.

You can also fix being a curmudgeon, but it'll take a lot of effort on your part. I wish you luck!
>>
File: Image.png (115 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
115 KB, 223x311
>>44162225
>What is delve?
>>
>>44161131
I feel like "Vamps" is a really shitty rap/rock band from the early 2000s
>>
>>44162129
Innistrad will be the next set, so this will be there with all your red vamps.
>>
>>44162129
Red vampires are unique to Innistrad.

You have been playing long enough to remember Innistrad, but not long enough to understand how token generation works? I smell the bait, even though it's already in my mouth.
>>
Dat face when 'just in time for SOI'
>>
>>44162225
>I'm dumb, please laugh at me
>>
>>44162225
Maybe you haven't noticed, but the Eldrazi are kind of completely fucking themed around exiling shit. And the Zendikari vampires are their slave race.
>>
File: forty_keks.jpg (31 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
forty_keks.jpg
31 KB, 292x257
>>44162304

Lol. The chances of that even mattering once Delve cycles out of Standard in a few months, are so ridiculously low that it's not even worth considering.

I guess that's what MtG is, though. Overcomplicated rules, just so you can get really really excited at the one time in your life that they interact in an interesting way.
>>
>>44161131
>Disgusting men like Kalitas will only betray you, only strong wymyn like Drana can save us!
>>
>>44162535
I dunno, why would any number of potentially resurrection or graveyard themed deck come out of INNISTRAD of all places.
>>
>>44162670
Ironically, I always thought Kalitas was a woman too until someone pointed out that he wasn't a few months ago.
>>
>>44162519

> Maybe you haven't noticed, but the Eldrazi are kind of completely fucking themed around exiling shit

Yeah, and it means nothing. It's a flavor distrinction meant to give identity to them when they were completely nerfed from last set.

It's like "buried"; just more pointless ways of saying "killed" to make something seem special.

> And the Zendikari vampires are their slave race.

Ok cool, I really don't care about the lore, but clearly I triggered you so go ahead and ramble on about the stupid storyline that no one cares about. I was making a point about the rules taht you are clearly incapable of understanding.

>>44162501

"Dumb" means unable to speak, which is objetively wrong because I just spoke to my friend on the phone twenty minutes ago and she could hear me just fine.
>>
>>44162809
>what are processors
>>
>>44162809
>Dumb" means unable to speak
Why is tg so suddenly full of autistic pendants who can't grasp the concept of figurative language?
>>
>>44162225
>Like it even matters whether is something is put into the graveyard or exiled.
Congratulations! This is the most ignorant statement in this thread, which is impressive considering >>44162129
>>
>>44162809
>"Dumb" means unable to speak, which is objetively wrong because I just spoke to my friend on the phone twenty minutes ago and she could hear me just fine

Are you for real?

Next thing you're gonna say to me is that everyone who says decimate as in destroying something are illiterates
>>
>>44162697

I don't know how that has anything to do with my point. It doesn't matter which of your endless series of MtG worlds makes the most sense for a shitty rule, it's still a shitty rule. There is basically no difference between exile and destroyed, and it only matters on a rare occasion when someone plays a certain card that isn't even that good.

I mean really, why would I play Delve when I could just play the same card for less mana? I can draw three cards for 1 mana with ancestral recall. So this card here, Treasure Cruise, is objectively 8x worse than that one.

So, crappy card design + unpowdered cards + crappy rules with pointless complications = complete clusterfuck.
>>
>>44162839

I don't know, what ARE processors? Maybe you should reply to my actual point, instead of asking some random question as if I will somehow magically jump to the same fuck-tarded conclusion you did.

>>44162865

Cool. You gonna explain why it's ignorant, or just hold up your head and puff out your chest, then slap your head repeatedly shouting "MTG IS GOOD! MTG IS GOOD!" despite the fact that I have just outlined a glaring flaw in the game.
>>
>>44162809
Except, there's a huge and important distinction between the graveyard and exile.

Very few things interact with exile, that's the intention, plenty of things interact with the graveyard. In fact, it's one of the more important mechanics.

Things interact with going to the graveyard, number of cards in the graveyard, can get cards back from the graveyard and in different ways, and there's even ways of moving stuff from the graveyard to exile.
>>
>>44162915
>Cool. You gonna explain why it's ignorant
No, I'm going to laugh at you. Keep posting, whether it's bait or ignorance is irrelevant.
>>
>>44162670
Seriously though when was the last time a female character was portrayed in any way as remotely antagonistic? Scars block?
>>
File: 1449237997280.gif (3 MB, 297x300) Image search: [Google]
1449237997280.gif
3 MB, 297x300
>>44162915
Oh it's just bait then.

I can't believe I didn't realize.
>>
>>44162915
The Eldrazi processors use exiled cards as a resource. You exile things, then move them back to the graveyard as a "cost" to do effects.

>spoonfeeding
>>
>>44162951
Sidisi, Khans.

Also, Atarka is female but that doesn't really count.
>>
File: 1441799220588.jpg (15 KB, 185x268) Image search: [Google]
1441799220588.jpg
15 KB, 185x268
>>44162922
>Very few things interact with exile

For now. That number is growing every day. Exile is already considered a second graveyard by most serious MtG players.

Like I said, a meaningless distinction.

> plenty of things interact with the graveyard. In fact, it's one of the more important mechanics.

kek

> whoa what's this game, anon
> it's called Magic: the Gathering
> oh ok
> it's a card game
> any interesting mechanics?
> oh yeah, one of the most interesting mechanics is interacting with the graveyard
> oh, ok, anon. uhh, I think I'm gonna go home now. nice to see you again.
>>
>>44162979
>The Eldrazi processors use exiled cards as a resource. You exile things, then move them back to the graveyard as a "cost" to do effects.

Oh yeah, I saw those cards. They were the most overcomplicated way of getting shit done in-game that I have ever seen. Like an MTG Rube Goldberg machine. Except even worse, because at least Rube Goldbergs are fun to watch.
>>
File: 1392679944314.gif (2 MB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
1392679944314.gif
2 MB, 200x193
>>44163040
>This whole reply chain
>>
File: 1424299837455.jpg (28 KB, 547x338) Image search: [Google]
1424299837455.jpg
28 KB, 547x338
>>44163040
Exile is already considered a second graveyard by most serious MtG players.
>>
>>44163074
>non-serious Magic player detected
It's like you don't maindeck Runic Repetition
>>
>>44162535
>Standard is the only format
>>
>>44163040
>Baiting this hard

Very clever anon 8/8 :^)
>>
>>44163107

Yes, that's what I just said. Why are you repeating it?

>>44163149

That's my entire point. Even in Standard, Delve doesn't show up much. Not enough to justify this kind of crap. Outside of Standard, Delve is pretty much non-existent as a mechanic. Trust me, I run Modern tournaments once a week, and I am very saavy on what gets played and what doesn't.

Exile is just turning into a second graveyard; what's next, OUTSIDE THE GAME?? SUPER-EXILE?

The ride never ends, guys. That's why we're getting shafted with this new symbol for colorless mana. It's a sixth color because MtG staff are a bunch of bored hipsters who ran out of ideas six years ago. That's why they are bringing back Delve, Morph, etc. etc.

Have you noticed there hasn't been an interesting / creative NEW mechanic in a set (not some reused trash they dug up figuring no one would notice) since Tribute? And even that was whack because it was badly executed.

The ride never ends, MtG fans. That's why it's time to get off the bus.
>>
>>44162129
>Who controls the zombie ?

Who controls the zombie horde?
Who stops /tg/ getting bored?
We do! We do!
>>
>>44163023
Maybe I didn't follow the lore closely enough but I didn't really see any of the clans as the "antagonists" per se. I figured they were all window dressing for a setting that was going to inevitably be changed by Sarkhan and his time fuckery so Sarkhan is the real antagonist of Khans block
>>
>>44163219
Fuck off, virt.
>>
>>44162809
>>"Dumb" means unable to speak, which is objetively wrong because I just spoke to my friend on the phone twenty minutes ago and she could hear me just fine.

This is the literal equivalent of the kids I work with getting in trouble for calling another kid a faggot then turning around and telling me "No sir, I was calling him a bundle of sticks!"
>>
>>44163226
There wasn't any clear "antagonist" of the block actually. Sarkhan did bad stuff, but it wasn't really framed in an antagonistic way.

RtR also didn't really have a main villain either.
>>
>>44162218
Please cite the rule number
>>
File: bait07902.jpg (86 KB, 680x989) Image search: [Google]
bait07902.jpg
86 KB, 680x989
>>44163219
>Outside of Standard, Delve is pretty much non-existent as a mechanic
>Trust me, I run Modern tournaments
>Exile is just turning into a second graveyard
>SUPER-EXILE
>It's a sixth color
>>
>>44162129
>Damn inistrad was ballin.

Not really. It was a 5/10 set at most. The flip cards were incredibly obxnoxious and a very poorly thought out mechanic.

In fact, WotC had already done flip cards more intelligently, with those ones you could just turn around.

Or morph. Even morph was better than that.

At least we got Victim of Night from Innistraad block. And Go for the Throat. Those are two of my favorite cards.

>>44163253

Well, technically, they are right!
>>
File: prison_school97864.png (89 KB, 351x412) Image search: [Google]
prison_school97864.png
89 KB, 351x412
>>44163253
>>
>>44163315
Oh, okay. You're literally retarded. I'm sorry for your condition.
>>
>>44163289

Effectively, colorless is a sixth color.

Yes, that is true.

Otherwise WotC would just add a keyword "you must spend colorless mana to cast this card" or some other shit.

Wastes are a sixth color. It's time to accept it. Just because WotC hasn't officially announced it yet because they are scared to the death of the shitstorm that would ensue, doesn't mean that it isn't happening.

PLEASE NOTE that it WOULD be a sixth color if they changed "colorless" to "yellow" or something like that, with Ctrl-F. The ONLY difference is that they haven't done it in name yet. For all other intents and purposes, it IS a sixth color. Just a sneaky one put in by Wizards.

In fact, that's what's really dsitressing about the the new set. The Eldrazi have had 3 sets now, each with a different mechanic. This is basically WotC unable to make up their mind; they approached the Eldrazi so poorly they had to redesign it each set to finally get what they wanted. Which turned out to be (so far, at least) a game-breaking, overly-confusing clusterfuck that will be abandoned after one set.

Just like flip cards from Innistraad.

Or Level-up from Zendikar

Are you seeing the same pattern I'm seeing yet?
>>
>>44163276
>110.2a If an effect instructs a player to put an object onto the battlefield, that object enters the
battlefield under that player’s control unless the effect states otherwise.
>>
>>44163399
thanks

why did they omit the standard line "under your control" from the card?
>>
>>44163391
>will be abandoned after one set.

So it's not a sixth color at all is what you're telling me?

Also as long as there has been colorless mana, there has been a sixth color. Very few things required it until now. And now there is going to be handful of Eldrazi flavoured cards added to that pile then promptly forgotten about, as you say.
>>
>>44163424
Because it wasn't really a necessary line of text. Anyone who's played five minutes of the game should understand that tokens just come into play under your control unless something says otherwise. It's been that way since literally forever.
>>
>>44163462
>So it's not a sixth color at all is what you're telling me?

No it is, they will just be forgetting about it after one set.

> Also as long as there has been colorless mana, there has been a sixth color.

That is not true. Colorless was not a color. Colorless was ANY color. That was its original function. That (1) that bant panorama adds to your mana pool, was colorLESS mana. That is not a color, that is absence of a color.
>>
>>44163511
No. Colorless was no color, as in cannot pay for specific colored mana costs, but still existed in your mana pool as a specific sixth type of mana.

That was it's original function. Less useful mana.

But now we have a handful of cards that can only be paid for with it. Like that one time we got a card that can only be paid for with mana produced by creatures.
>>
>>44163477
yeah, and having that line on the card anyway has, "been that way forever" specifically to clear up the ambiguity. most players don't even know there is a ruleset and use it the way you do
>>
File: bait.jpg (17 KB, 499x500) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
17 KB, 499x500
>>44163391
Sure anon, sure, welp! You convinced that magic is cancer and I'm dropping it! Thanks for opening my eyes!
>>
>>44163607
>Sure anon, sure, welp! You convinced that magic is cancer and I'm dropping it! Thanks for opening my eyes!

You're welcome! Glad I could help!

>>44163582

No, it is not a type of mana, it is an ABSENCE OF TYPE. That is why it is colorLESS mana. It's entire PURPOSE was to be flexible and usable by any card.

Now it is being hijacked by desperate developers for a poorly-designed mechanic that will alter one of the fundamental tenets of magic, before being dropped on the ground again. The entire game has gone from respectable deck-building game to a menagerie of mutated experiments that even the developers of YuGiOh would cringe at.

I really don't see why this continues to this day, or why you, the Magic community, allows the developers to get away with this kind of abhorrent set and rules design.
>>
File: 300[1].jpg (71 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
300[1].jpg
71 KB, 312x445
>>44163586
Nope.
>>
File: Image (17).jpg (27 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image (17).jpg
27 KB, 223x310
>>44163586
No it has not.

This is the oldest card I could be assed to find that puts token into play under your control and, would you look at that, does not specifically say put it into play under your control.
>>
>>44163711
>>44163679

Was the rules text here written by a 7 year old? How old was Mark Rosewater at this time?
>>
>>44163219
Raid
Prowess
Bolster
Ferocious/Formidable
Exploit.
>>
>>44163666
106.1b There are six types of mana: white, blue, black, red, green, and colorless

Suck my dick you big ole faggot.
>>
>>44162951
Sidisi, Atarka, Kolaghan, Sidisi v2, all in Tarkir block.
Liliana is always a HUGE BITCH whenever she shows her face.
Ayli (the spoiled WB cleric) showed up in one of the BfZ Uncharted Realms, she's been chucking people at Ulamog because she's a fucking loony cultist.
>>
>>44163757
>citing comp rules when OGW hasn't even been released yet
>>
>>44163730
Welcome to the wonderful world of very early MtG.

Legends came out before MaRo worked at wizards.
>>
>>44163757

I don't care what the rules say, when they are badly constructed and cannot even maintain internal consistency.

Particularly when they are continually hijacked and overcomplicated by the developers to make a quick buck off of a new set.

The semantics in the rule set are there to proof from rules-lawyers. They have no validity outside of the medium they are meant to be interpreted in.

>>44163783

Also, this. You think they won't hesistate to change that rule to add colorless as a sixth color? It's being produced by a fucking BASIC LAND now, as well, in case you didn't notice.
>>
>>44163802
That's been the ruling literally since colorless has been in the game.
>>
>>44163799

>Legends came out before MaRo worked at wizards.

Interesting. So, the choice is, apparently, either:

1) Badly worded rulestexts (without MaRo)

or

2) Shortsighted and idiotic mechanics that screw with the game's core ideals and are discarded like a 4 year old whore once they have been squeezed for all the metagame interest they can provide.

Quite the Schrodinger's Dilemma. I really can't make up my mind which I prefer, to be honest.
>>
>>44163730
This was really fucking early on (the third expansion to be exact, counting ABU as one set)
>>
>>44163833
Where did MaRo touch you?
>>
>>44163833
MaRo probably had next to no influence on the early wording changes.

Also, he's not the lead on OGW.
>>
>>44163735

Prowess is not that interesting, it is like exalted but without the downside of exalted that makes it interesting.

Prowess is a poor mechanic, is what I'm saying.

Exploit cards are like Tribute: great idea, terribly executed by WotC devs who are terrified of making a powerful card that ISN'T a planeswalker, or might sell for more than intended on the secondary market (i.e. Thoughtseize).

Ferocious / Formidable was just childish "lol I have a big creature so extra effect" garbage with no depth or interesting in-game consequences.

Raid was just a lamer version of Bloodthirst that required less effort (because requiring the player to actually strategize is not as cool as "LOL AWESOME I ATTACK SO I GET EXTRA EFFECT" while beating your chest ferociously).

Bolster was just name given to a shitty secondary effect. No interesting choices, just a keyword for the sake of a keyword so that they could justify reusing the same old card effects yet again.

Raid was also a shitty rip-off of Unearth, as a bonus. Seems WotC isn't even going to wait 10 years before reusing old set mechanics and pretending they are brand new.
>>
>>44163895
There's also the new red "card-draw".
>>
>>44163875

I have never had physical contact with Marcus Rosewater (thank god).

>>44163879
>Also, he's not the lead on OGW.

Officially, no. come on, are you really gullible enough to fall for their lies?

>>44163845

> aww it was early on, give them a break

No. Once you have decided to release a game to the public you assume all consequences of what you produce. That's what beta testing is for.
>>
>>44163895

It might not be what you meant but that post really feels like 'I hate aggro'
>>
>>44162888
>>>/out/
>>
>>44163895

Prowess has almost nothing to do with Exalted other than it buffs creatures.

Exalted is a mechanic that is based around many creatures buffing a single one. Prowess is about instants/sorceries giving you more bang for your buck by also improving creatures.
>>
>>44163965

No, I like aggro. I just don't like mechanics based around it that encourage nothing but lazy brute-force play.
>>
>>44161131
Man, this thread has the biggest amounts of raw autism I have seen in a while, I always just pretend its some anon just laughing it up and making a ruse, but them I think they might be serious and get worried
>>
>>44163768
I wouldn't count any of the tarkir block females as antagonistic, two of them are forces of nature and I don't think that Sidisi is particularly evil
>>
>>44163985
>Exalted is a mechanic that is based around many creatures buffing a single one.

Yes. It forces you to attack with a single creature and base your strategy around that, or be punished. It requires discretion.

Prowess is just "lol +1/+1 each time you play a spell", it's pointless brute force faggotry with no downside. It's not even overpowered, it's just lazy development by developers who I hope are chosen by ISIS as the next "soft target." really, that would be the best thing that could possibly happen to MTG right now.

>>44163999

What? I am serious. Why would I not be serious about this...?

I get that this thread might have been an eye opener for you because it exposed you to some uncomfortable truths about Magic the Gathering, but that doesn't make what I have said tonight any less true.
>>
>>44163679
>>44163711
>pulls out Legends
>20 year old set
>20 YEARS OLD
> to refute modern rule clarification techniques

are you baiting?
>>
>>44164023
>hat? I am serious. Why would I not be serious about this...?
>I get that this thread might have been an eye opener for you because it exposed you to some uncomfortable truths about Magic the Gathering, but that doesn't make what I have said tonight any less true

Man, you just missing the villainous curly mustache, dude, no one is buying it anymore...
>>
>>44164029
You want me to pull out fifteen year old sets? Ten year old ones? Five?

Because cards have never, ever specified that a token comes into play under your control.
>>
>>44163391
>Wastes are a sixth color
are plains the first color?
>>
>>44161131
The thing on his head looks dumb. What were they thinking?
>>
>>44163511
It's literally nothing new though. Artifacts and colorless has had its sort of part of the color pie since day one.
>>
>>44164023

How is it remotely like Exalted? Or is Bushido also like Exalted because it buffs creatures?

Also: Two can play that game.

Prowess is a mechanic that forces you to carefully evaluate when to use your instant to get the most use out of it, rather than just mindlessly throwing lightning bolts at the other guy.

Exalted is a brainless mechanic that just goes 'lol I summon creatures and throw one at you'. It takes the thought out of attacking as you no longer need to evaluate how much attack vs how much defense you need.
>>
>>44164068

the first five colors aren't really in any particular order. However, yes, wastes are a sixth color.
>>
File: qCm22Ls.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
qCm22Ls.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>>44164023
Y'know anon, I was getting to close to actually getting mad.

But the now you're making me laugh and I appreciate you helping me get a good chuckle out of this thread.
>>
>>44164076
>Artifacts and colorless has had its sort of part of the color pie since day one.

Yes, and that was the way it should have stayed. Because those were COLORLESS cards. With this new set, colorless is becoming it's own color. Because it is REQUIRED you have colorless mana to play these new cards. With artifacts, you could pay for them with ANY combination of the other colors. Do you see the distinction now?
>>
>>44163922
So where DID he touch you in a bad way?
>>
>>44164074
It's like the thing on Ulamog's head I think.
>>
>>44162951
In literally the same set as Kalitas. Ayli is a female Kor Eldrazi-worshipping cultist, who has already tried to sacrifice Jace to Ulamog in a UR article.
>>
>>44163391
>Just like flip cards from Innistraad.
We literally just saw those again in Origins.
>>
>>44164081
>Prowess is a mechanic that forces you to carefully evaluate when to use your instant to get the most use out of it, rather than just mindlessly throwing lightning bolts at the other guy.

Except it's almost always "play spell now, get +1/+1 lololol"

It's brute force idiocy with no downside. You probably delay and lose games because you think you are being clever by waiting for "the right time" to play your prowess spells, when in fact the time to play them is now.

> Exalted is a brainless mechanic that just goes 'lol I summon creatures and throw one at you'. It takes the thought out of attacking as you no longer need to evaluate how much attack vs how much defense you need.

You're a fucking retard. You can only attack with ONE creature with exalted, so you need to weigh your options carefully because your startegy is not always going to be to your advantage. Is it better to attack with one exalted creature? Or many creatures, and lose exalted.

That is a real choice with tradeoffs. Not just "lol I spam a spell that I could have saved but in reality that's fucking moronic"
>>
>>44164122
But what is the point? Has any other eldrazi servant worn something so dumb looking? It seems that they all just bare simple brands with spooky floating head pieces.
>>
>>44164107
Nah, that is just literally a set gimmick so still nothing has changed.
>>
>>44164143
>We literally just saw those again in Origins.

Yes, but those were different and were even shittier because they transformed into planeswalkers instead of just creatures.

They even had to put a special symbol on the card so that you knew what color it was.

MtG is falling apart at the hands of lazy developers who throw kludge after kludge onto the game and refuse to expand on any of the decent mechanics, just unimaginatively reusing them and spamming them until they can move on to the next block and do it again.
>>
>>44164107
So, colorless is actually an eighth color, after snow and Basic Land?
>>
>>44163895
So Prowess is like exalted in that it gives your creatures +1/+1 until the end of turn

Exploit cards let you get rid of creatures that were weighing you down or who had outlived their usefulness, at worst they were just slightly more expensive sorcery or instant spells that had the side effect of giving you delve fuel.
Raid has much more design space then Bloodthirst
The Temur/Atarka mechanics are made to benefit going tall and wide respectively and I feel they do a good job of it.
Bolster I mainly like because I run Ghostafenza in my Modern deck to buff the samurai I get off of Collected Company. Also she's cute.
And back to raid, how the hell is it like Unearth? Are you thinking about Dash, because you'd still be fucking wrong.
>>
>>44163391
Yeah, fuck Wizards for giving us new mechanics for the Eldrazi!
>>
>>44164068
Yes. Conventional order is WUBRG.
>>
>>44164165
>but those were different
Wait, so the double-faced cards in Origins were something new? I guess we have our answer to >>44163219
>an interesting / creative NEW mechanic in a set
then!
>>
>>44164203

>So Prowess is like exalted in that it gives your creatures +1/+1 until the end of turn

No dumbass. The effect is similar (it's a buff) but it is shitty because it has no downside, it's just "yeah here's a free bonus whenever you play a card"
>>
File: 106[1].jpg (61 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
106[1].jpg
61 KB, 312x445
>>44164157
I don't think it's by choice that they have them, seeing as the Zendikari vampires are, essentially, descendants of rogue Eldrazi drones (the bloodlords)
>>
File: 140b.jpg (60 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
140b.jpg
60 KB, 312x445
>>44164165
>They even had to put a special symbol on the card so that you knew what color it was.

You mean exactly like the original double-faced cards?
>>
>>44164216

They were not interesting or creative. They were just "oh let's take what we did in innistraad, which itself was a shitty rip off of an earlier mechanic, and make it with PLANESWALKERS because that's even better!"

But it wasn't, it was an overcomplicated shitpile meant to sell even more cards with a short life time that are pretty much useless without their companion card that you have to mark in the little bubble on.

And those placeholder cards are so easy to cheat with it's incredible. I've seen guys fill in two dots and cover one with their thumb while playing them to get effectively 8 of the same card in a deck.

Didn't think of THAT little issue, did you Wizards?
>>
File: Dominator Drone.png (356 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Dominator Drone.png
356 KB, 1280x720
>>44164157
To show that he's enthralled to the Eldrazi?
>>
File: baitkai.jpg (73 KB, 626x622) Image search: [Google]
baitkai.jpg
73 KB, 626x622
>>44162225
>>
>>44164249
Err, the bloodchiefs. Wrong name, too many b-ood words in regards to Zendikari vampires.
Kalitas is a bloodchief that Ulamog successfully got back under control, Drana is still resisting reassimilation.
>>
>>44164280
lol
>>
>>44164249
It doesn't looked attached to Kalitas at all and it doesn't look organic.
>>
>>44164262

I didn't say otherwise, did I?

>>44164205

No, fuck Wizards for going back on what they originally introduced for the Eldrazi, then fucking up their concept with (1) colored eldrazi (that devoid shit was a lame excuse and you know it) and (2) special colorless mana that undermines the Eldrazi's usability IN THE PREVIOUS SET OF THE SAME BLOCK by forcing you to include colorless basic lands as a sixth color type.

While also fucking with the assumption of colorless land as a number in a gray circle, but creating a shitty diamond symbol for it.

New players are going to be confused as fuck over this, I guarantee you. And any developer who has even an ounce of knowledge about game design, will be laughing their asses off once this set comes out, and BOMBS just like Battle for Zendikar did.
>>
Wait, let me get this straight.

Someone is simultaneously angry that Wizards is exploring some new avenues of design space AND ALSO angry that Wizards isn't doing anything new?
>>
>>44164351
It's bait. Just play along.
>>
>>44164221
>It's good so it sucks!
>>44164280
Doing that gets you a warning if not a disqualification
>Why didn't Wizards think about people cheating??????
Also bro
Sleeves
>>
>>44164327
It may not be physically attached or organically grown, but that doesn't mean it was by choice - they're part of Ulamog once again, and therefore have the masks. Possibly it's something they're just wearing, yes, but if it is it's due to said connection.
>>
File: 1425534362232.jpg (31 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
1425534362232.jpg
31 KB, 375x523
>>44162888
>>
>>44164369

>It's good so it sucks!

Yeah, just like a card with CMC 1 that had effect "deal 19 damage to target player" would ALSO be "so good it sucks."

Not even because it's OP, but because it's boring, uncreative, direct damage bullshit.

>>44164351
>Someone is simultaneously angry that Wizards is exploring some new avenues of design space AND ALSO angry that Wizards isn't doing anything new?

No, they are exploring new avenues of design space in the most shitty and backhanded way possible. That's not a new avenue, more like a needle-littered alleyway with a drunk prostitute getting shagged by a 48 year old homeless man in return for an extra bump of coke.

Wizards of the Coast USED to do new things with magic that were ALSO competently designed, but that died with Kamigawa and Lorwyn.
>>
>>44162845
>suddenly
>>
File: 193[1].jpg (62 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
193[1].jpg
62 KB, 312x445
>>44164338
There's always been colored eldrazi.
They just now act more like the other eldrazi by being colorless for rules reasons due to Devoid.
I like Devoid, because it's super-flavorful trinket text that doesn't do shit for the actual cost of the card but makes it behave more like an eldrazi card should (so you know, doesn't get hit by All Is Dust, can't be protected by Brave the Elements or shut down by Iona, etc)
>>
>>44164327
its an eldrazi drone that ate his face, its why there are only scions now
>>
>>44164210
What? So, are you telling me the colors are spelled:
Wlains
Usland
Bwamp
Rountain
Gorest

Because I didn't ask if White was the first color, I asked if Plains was the first color. Because it's stupid to call Wastes a color, when it is a land. Jesus, /tg/, get your shit together.
>>
>>44163040
Yugioh its over there anon, there are like, 3 cards in the entire thousands of cards in the game that lets you use for your benefit.

I always love Greentext story of some anon randomly coming and asking really specific stuff about the game without nowing shit about games for some reasons.

> cool anon, what is that game?
> oh, its Dungeons and Dragons, a roleplaying game
> oh cool, I can do anything in it rigth? like explore deeply complicated moral phylosophies right?
> oh no, there are alignments
> okthnxbye

I just want to go randomly asking people stuff about games that I already know only to reinforce his random nickpicking.
>>
>>44164452
>Plains, Islands, Swamps, Mountains, and Forests are "colors"

wew lad
>>
>>44164420

>There's always been colored eldrazi.

Those were Eldrazi Drones, not Eldrazi.

> I like Devoid, because it's super-flavorful trinket text that doesn't do shit for the actual cost of the card but makes it behave more like an eldrazi card should (so you know, doesn't get hit by All Is Dust, can't be protected by Brave the Elements or shut down by Iona, etc)

It could have also been done by ACTUALLY MAKING THEM ALL COLORLESS LIKE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO.

The nerve of the MtG devs really enrages me sometimes. I feel like the community should re-seize control of the game by force, before it is ruined forever.
>>
>>44164431
nope i fucked that up, he had an eldrazi spawn eat his face making him a drone.
>>
File: tumblr_nnarpplhi31rckw3lo1_540.png (141 KB, 389x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnarpplhi31rckw3lo1_540.png
141 KB, 389x810
>>44163219
why dont you get off first anon? you seem really intersted in people stop having fun.
>>
>>44164491
>I feel like the community should re-seize control of the game by force, before it is ruined forever.

I'm sure the community would make great cards and write awesome stories! The Magic community is awesome and very talented. They are also very self-conscious.
>>
>>44164485
>Yugioh its over there anon, there are like, 3 cards in the entire thousands of cards in the game that lets you use for your benefit.

Please let me know when you have learned to construct a readable sentence.

Also:

> implying asking about what makes a game interesting isn't a common occurence

For instance:

> oh cool, I can do anything in it rigth? like explore deeply complicated moral phylosophies right?

This is fallacious because this guy doesn't even know anything about D&D. So he would not ask that kind of question. Thus, your scenario is retarded.

However, asking "what makes this game interesting" is perfectly normal and does not require knowledge of that game; quite the contrary.

So, you made a false equivalency there, anon. That's okay, though, you can try again later in another post.
>>
>>44164491
>I feel like the community should re-seize control of the game by force
what the fuck does this even mean? are you seriously proposing a torch-and-pitchforks mob storming WotC headquarters?
>>
>>44164531
Reminds me of the bronies who wanted to buy Hasbro. :^)
>>
>>44164520

Absolutely fallacious bullshit. I WANT people to have fun. But when WotC continually shits on its community, and they respond to it with acceptance and submission (like >>44164524 here), it's hard to see the game I love destroyed by twenty-somethings in cashmere sweaters with God complexes when it comes to game design.

>>44164531
>what the fuck does this even mean? are you seriously proposing a torch-and-pitchforks mob storming WotC headquarters?

Of course not. We would use AK-47s and molotov cocktails :^)
>>
>>44164404
Ok, so lets say you have a bolt in your hand you want to cast on your opponent's end step so you have all of your mana open on your turn and your opponent will be down 3 life
But you also of a monastery swift spear in your hand and other prowess creatures on the field so unless they have another ability that triggers when you hit their prowess, you won't be getting the full value out of your instant.
>>
>>44164491
So you're bitching about...Drowner of Hope, Dust Stalker, Smothering Abomination, Barrage Tyrant, and Sire of Stagnation, the five that are all sized somewhere between Eldrazi Drone and Colorless Pure Eldrazi not having Drone stapled to them?
Because every other pure eldrazi is still monocolor.
And they can't just make every Eldrazi colorless, actually. Otherwise they'd kinda have to make most of them suck ass, or run into the problem Mirrodin ran into of everything playing every good one because they CAN.
>>
>>44164545
>Absolutely fallacious bullshit. I WANT people to have fun. But when WotC continually shits on its community

This has been a wild ride, bait-kun, you're astounding

But hey, I'm sure having fun
>>
>>44164545
>destroyed by twenty-somethings in cashmere sweaters with God complexes when it comes to game design

You described the average inhabitant of the custom card threads. Or basically the angry people who think they know how the new Magic set SHOULD have been designed.
>>
Why the fuck are people responding to someone so obviously trying to rile them up?
>>
>>44164545
Why do you care about a shitty card game like magic? Physical trading card games will by money grabbing by their very nature. The card games where you buy everything at once and have no packs still have the issue of imbalance being found after release.

Digital is the only way to go if you truly care about gameplay.
>>
>>44163511

you do know that they are just changing (1) in mana abilities for the new symbol right? it was just retarded that one symbol meant 2 extreme oposing things when in different parts of the card, its like if 4/4 in creatures mean power toughness but there was a creature type 4/4, if you ever tried to use panoramas or painlands to teach new players you could see it was a problem.

Also
> Colorless its a color!!
> Colorless has been around forever, are you saying that there always was a new color
> no dont you see? colorless its no a color, colorless its a color!
>>
>>44164612
Because I'm having fun. What are you going to do about it? Try and stop me or something? :^)))
>>
>>44164612
Dude, don't spoil it, we are just pretending to bite his bait, his wall of texts are hilarious
>>
>>44164601
I want to make a set where enemy colors actively hate on each other, but my desire to do so is the knowledge that most of my reprints are old as fuck and that Wizards will never give us proper color hate again.
(I mean, besides Red whenever it comes to a five color cycle of cards)
>>
>>44164642
>color hate

Why, though? Should the game really be boiled down to rock paper scissors? You just proved you know shit about Magic design.
>>
>>44164490

That's his point you monkey, "Wastes" is not a color just like "Plains" is not a color.
>>
>>44163922
Jesus man just go to sleep, you are just Tinfoil crazy at this point.

>Marcus Rosewater
...That was supossed to be a joke or something?
>>
>>44162535
>Why does a new block take the previous block into consideration?
>>
>>44164452
>Bwamp
>Usland
>Gorest

8/10 would play bug at kitchen table
>>
>>44164491
>I feel like the community should re-seize control of the game by force, before it is ruined forever.
virt, I don't know how to tell you this, but the community actually is in control of the game. Voting via wallet.

The past few years have been the most profitable years for Magic of all time. You know what that means? That the vast, vast majority of the community LIKES the things you hate.

You don't actually want "the community" to "re-seize control of the game"--you just want everyone to listen to you, and you alone.
>>
>>44164642
I want to make a set that swaps enemy and ally interactions, so you get ally-color hate cards and enemy-color benefits, like a White Knight variant with pro-blue or a bunch of green cards that want you to have black stuff going on.
>>
>>44164677
I didn't say there wasn't a reason they would never explore it, but it would be neat to see for at least a little while.
>>
File: 1441241967870.jpg (63 KB, 800x720) Image search: [Google]
1441241967870.jpg
63 KB, 800x720
All this trolling has been great, guys! I really enjoyed myself. But now I'm going to bed. Someone will take over for me, though.
>>
>>44164338
But you can use the Eldrazi Temples and the Eldrazi Spawns to cast them, you do know how the new mana symbol works right?

Also it was always confusing at the start that one symbol meant 2 really diferent things, its just something that you get used to, the new template will help new players differentiate the effects and looks kinda cool.
>>
File: 1426716398205.png (167 KB, 580x452) Image search: [Google]
1426716398205.png
167 KB, 580x452
>>44164404
>>Kamigawa

Shit taste confirmed, move along.
>>
>>44164736

So Planar Chaos? You want to make Planar Chaos? Because I may be wrong, but I think they already made it. It's called "Planar Chaos".
>>
>>44164757
Good night, Slugmar.
>>
>>44164452
Pretty good anon
>>
>>44164810
I wish they'd take a swing at Kamigawa again, but I feel like the only mechanic that was close to well designed in that set was Bushido.

Which I actually really like, don't ask me why.
>>
>>44164854
Return to Kamigawa in 2019.

Screencap this so you will get your minds blown away when it happens.
>>
>>44164525
in your scenario, someone for some reason instantly knows the context of a Graveyard in the game without knowing jack shit about it, and seems awfully sad that a Graveyard its something important in the game, its not like Zombies and Skelletons are really common in the game.

In wich context would someone get soft if a game uses something called Graveyard? I guess if they are playing monopoly??
>>
>>44164854
Kamigawa was a tribal-tier fuck up in terms of wasting design space.
>>
>>44164612
Dont know, nothing better to do, Sometimes I like to look at shitty opinions and understand the problems in the world.
>>
File: 27[1].jpg (65 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
27[1].jpg
65 KB, 312x445
>>44164826
No, not Planar Chaos. Not changing the mechanics each color has - white still gets lifelink and vigilance and weenies and whatnot - just how the colors relate to each other. When I said 'white knight variant' I meant like how Silver Knight is a White Knight variant. Just...WW, First STrike, ProBlue, that kinda thing, not a blue knight.
The other half would be things like a cycle of stuff like a green creature with 'if you control a swamp' and whatnot, like this cycle. Some enemy color cards, off-color activations, etc.
>>
>>44164954
But why? It just looks like box checking to me.
>>
>>44164854
Yeah me too anon, it was one of the first sets I started too, its just sad trying to build a janky shit Cube, looking at kamigawa stuff, and it doesnt even belong there.

Bushido and ninjutsu are good and a return renamed would be fun, MaRo said it would happen.

I even like Flip cards.
>>
>>44164992
The main problem with the flip cards, and the reason why they completely changed them in Innistrad I think, was they had such a tiny amount of text possible.

So they ended up being either really simple mechanically, or a nightmare to read.
>>
>>44164954
Appart from some randoms mini mechanic in a bigger set, I dont see the appeal to it, there is nothing to tell with it and the game gains very little.
>>
>>44164338
>forcing you to include colorless basic lands as a sixth color type.
Or painlands, which just got better.
>>
>>44165022

Not so much the text but the art. Most lip cards have terrible / confusing / ugly art.
>>
>>44165040
It was just bad card design, but the idea was solid. Hence the bringing it back in Innistrad, even if that is also not perfect.
>>
>>44165026
>>44164970
It's more a minor theme in an otherwise Enemy Color Set, I'll admit, but it's something I've been wanting to do for a while. Just...never have.
Had the thought of some nations arranged in roughly the order of the color pie and running out of space on their continent to expand, and so start fighting their neighbors - and thus the OTHER people fighting their neighbors are their allies.
>>
>>44165022
I would like some of them with simple mechanics, I liked the one that gave flying and the little white guy.

In the same vein of "Show, Dont Tell" instead of having a 2/2 that gets a +1/+1 and flying, you could just flip it.

Of course there are problems with it, but I am just a sucker for weird ways to interact with the physical cards, I would love magic to have that weird Connecting God cards and Triple Sided cards of Duel master
>>
File: Wallpaper_HearthKami_1280x960.jpg (486 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Wallpaper_HearthKami_1280x960.jpg
486 KB, 1280x960
>>44165040
>Most Kamigawa cards have terrible / confusing / ugly art.

Fixed it for you.
>>
>>44161131
That'll go great in my Black White Warriors deck
;^)
>>
File: Spiritual-Visit.jpg (22 KB, 199x285) Image search: [Google]
Spiritual-Visit.jpg
22 KB, 199x285
>>44164854
CAN YOU EVEN INTO ARCANE SPLICING?!!?!
>>
>>44165092
Fuck you, Kamigawa spirit art was one of the best things about that block.
I loved me some spirits.
>>
>>44165117
Me too, anon. But the average Magic player will never understand.
>>
>>44161131
Any word of Werewolves? Asking for a friend Im more of a sea creature kinda guy and I'm not holding much hope for this set for them
>>
>>44165109
If only it was just Splice into Sorcery
>>
>>44165130
There are no werewolves on Zendikar. There are, however, ocean beasts.
>>
>>44165092
Confusing I will give you, and even tonning down the amount of weird spirit would make them more special.

Instead of Having this few Kamis that I remember fondly, I have some of the cool ones in my memory, and a mish mash memory of random weird shit with stuff floating around,
>>
>>44165130
I hear April is a good month for new sets which contain werewolves.
>>
File: evening star.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
evening star.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>44165143
Well yeah, then it would be unstoppable. I also liked how kamigawa had useable dragons. Every dragon card before that block was some huge useless multicolored train wreck
>>
>>44165130
Nah, werewolves have become more a Innistrad only stuff, but we are getting back there so you just wait.

There is a entire planeswalker around giant Sea Monsters anon, so he is in luck.
>>
>>44165168
I hear April is a bad month for people who like collars - especially Avacyn's Collar, the symbol of her church.
Because - and I'm not sure if everyone here knows this here yet, so let me explain - if there's anything a werewolf hates, it's a collar. Especially Avacyn's Collar, they symbol of her church.
>>
>>44165172
>my nigga Worldgorger Dragon
>useless
>>
>>44165172
you mean monored, with a few weirdos here and there.
>>
>>44165195
10/10
I would hate to be a Avacyn´s Collar, because, with the grudge that the werewolfs have since ancient times, I would be destroyed, by a werewolf, that would hate, because I would be a Avacyn´s Collar, the symbol of Avacyn Church.
>>
>>44165290
I'd like to know more about Avacyn and her church, and the symbol thereof.
>>
>>44163219
Hi virt
>>
>>44165195
So, the Werewolves' enmity isn't directed solely towards Avacyn's Collar but Collars in general.
So if asked to rate their hatred, they would rank Avacyn's Collar, the Symbol of her church, the church being dedicated to the arch angel Avacyn, who was created by the vampire planeswalker Sorin Markov to keep the humans from being wiped out by the vampires and other terrors of the night, over a regular collar.
is that correct?
>>
>>44165350
Well, the most important thing to know is that Avacyn's Collar is a symbol, and what it's a symbol of is the Church of Avacyn - the church which worships Avacyn.
The second most important thing to know is that werewolves hate collars - especially Avacyn's Collar, the symbol of her church.
This is, unfortunately, a bit of a problem followers of the Church of Avacyn, who would want to display Avacyn's Collar prominently, since it is the symbol of her church, but are afraid of being attacked by werewolves, who hate collars - especially Avacyn's Collar, the symbol of her church.
>>
>>44165350
I would recommend against it, even more using a collar (mostly Avacyn´s Collar, the mosta hated by the werewolfs) because, you see, there is a Church, in a place called innistrad, where there are werewolfs, this werewolfs hate Collars, any Collar, but the most hate its the Avacyn´s Collar, that is a Collar that the Church of Avacyn (that is enemy of the werewolf, wich hate them back, with a big focus in the symbol of the church, that is, the Avacyn´s Collar), use as a symbol, and because the church attack the werewolfs, they hate the church, and because of it the hate all Collars, tough mostly Avacyn´s Collar, symbol of the Avacyn Church.

in Ravnica there is no problem if you use a Collar, so you best bet is going there.
>>
>>44165195
Wait! Judging from the Shadows over Innistrad teaser trailer, I've made a realization!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm8CdY75K-s

Emrakul is destroying the Collar of Avacyn, much like a werewolf with an ancient grudge might do! Either this means that Avacyn is actually Nahiri, or, far more likely...

...Emrakul is a werewolf!
>>
File: 1439173641077.jpg (15 KB, 350x254) Image search: [Google]
1439173641077.jpg
15 KB, 350x254
>>44165444
Oh shit
>>
>>44165395
Well, as the Saying goes: "If there's anything a werewolf hates, it's a collar—especially Avacyn's Collar, the symbol of her church.", so in this hipotetic scneario, a werewolf, a species of renown Collarhaters, does for some strange reason Not hate anything in the world (Mostly innistrad, where there is Avacyn, with the Avacyn Church, that uses the Avacyn´s Collar as a symbol, that is a Collar), The First thing they would do after choosing to hate at least Something in Innistrad, they would start by hating Collars, first among them would be the Avacyn´s Collar, the relationship of this Collar with the Church of Avacyn that venerates Avacyn seems secondary at best.
>>
>>44165444
I am not really seeing Emrakul in the video, but if believing brings me a Emrakul Werewolf, I will believe anything.
>>
>>44165521
But why would they hate collars beyond the whole 'dogs' thing? And why would they hate Avacyn's Collar in particular, even if it is a symbol of her church.
>>
>>44164854
Splice is my all-time favorite mechanic.

I just wish it was "Splice onto Instant" or "Splice onto Sorcery" instead of "Splice onto nonsense cards that will never be printed again."
>>
>>44163895
>Bolster was just name given to a shitty secondary effect. No interesting choices, just a keyword for the sake of a keyword so that they could justify reusing the same old card effects yet again.
thats the other way around anon using an effect a lot is what justifys giving it an ability word.

now what was a poor mechanic was spell mastery it could have been so good but they restricted it to always being triggered by 2 spells rather then having different amounts needed for different spells. On the plus side its not auctualy a keyword which means there still free to print new spell mastery cards with different requirements.

the downside of prowess is that you may end up wasting your spells to early and have no answers later you have to decide if you should use this spell now where its only mildely usefull so you can trigger prowess where it will be very useful or wait for the spell to be more useful and risk having prowess not be as useful at that point.

although generaly the only time you will choose to cast a spell just to trigger prowess is with the psedu prowess on elusive spellfist
>>
>>44163922
>Officially, no. come on, are you really gullible enough to fall for their lies?
holy shit anon your insane
>>
>>44163219
Please, please stay.
I like you.
>>
>>44164165
its foolish to try and squeeze to much out of a mechanic anon.
>>
>>44165579
You would have to ask some Avacynologistic, I am just interpreting a great work of literature that fills my heart of joy.

"If there's anything a werewolf hate" so if there is nothing they would hate, they would take a special exception for Collars, first of the Avacyn´s Collar, it just turns out that is the symbol of Avacyn´s Church
>>
>>44164203
you know i like dash but lightning berserker was a mistake.
>>
>>44164280
designing around cheaters is stupid.

or you can just print off a card to represent them im pretty sure your allowed to proxy a checklist if you want.
>>
>>44164792
>Also it was always confusing at the start that one symbol meant 2 really diferent things
well to be fair before now it never auctualy mattered if your mana was colorless or generic.
>>
>>44165660
WHAT ABOUT MY INSANE YOU STUPID FUCK?

You are seriously fucking retarded if you think that wizards honestly discloses who is on staff for each of their sets.

Eliminate yourself from the gene pool you fucking degenerate
>>
>>44165796
But that's retarded conspiracy theory levels that Mark Rosewater is secretly behind this set, even though he's probably busy working on future ones.
>>
>>44163040
what

the only things that can bring back an exiled card are processers and they cant even bring back your own cards short of a well played worst fears your not going to be able to bring back your own cards from exile.
>>
>>44165787
It actually did, a lot, it just the fact that you get used to it.

When I started playing, some friends used a jancky 3 color deck, and used any shitty land with (1) because he tougth that it gave him mana of any color, when I showed him cards like city of brass he only said that it was a old template, he stopped playing without knowing that (1) in mana ability its just shit.

And even now I teach people to play and try to left lands with (1) at last because they always confuse them.
>>
Thanks for the laughs guys. Many keks
>>
>>44161131
Noob: Question does this prevent regeneration?
>>
>>44165843
>But that's retarded conspiracy theory levels that Mark Rosewater is secretly behind this set, even though he's probably busy working on future ones.
Perhaps, but if you couldn't tell that I was not the I that you thought I was, how can you be so certain that your precious rosewater has not been involved in this set?
If you could tell... well good job I guess, I've never really tried to impersonate someone before.
>>44165850
The wishes used to be able to get exiled cards but then they errated them for no justifiable reason. Also riftsweeper, pull from eternity, and one other card I forgot (not runic repetition)
>>
>>44165928
uuh wich part?.

If you mean the first ability, dies means "when this goes to the graveyard" and regeneration means "instead of being destroyed blah blah blah" so there is no direct relation, if it dies its too late to regenerate.

If you mean the second, sacrifice its sending directly to the graveyard without "destroying".
>>
>>44165931
But what if I'm you and you're me and we are the walrus and the walrus is Mark Rosewater?
What if Mark Rosewater and other Magic Devs are the only people in this thread and are just shitposting.
>>
>>44162951
lets see
liliana
alesha
slaughter girl
dwynen
the chick in the hydrolash art
kiora
and many more
>>
>>44165979
>Forgetting Atarka, Kolaghan, and Dromoka, three of the Fuckers of Tarkir
>>
>>44165850
well i guess there are other cards that interact with exiled cards but those all effect only the cards they exiled hardly a second graveyard more like a holding area.

come to think of it what happens if you play an exile creature enchantment and then the exiled creature gets processed does it go right back into exile as soon as it hits the graveyard or what.
>>
>>44166002
slugmug was the most important dragonlord, followed by ojutai.
>>
>>44166002
i couldn't remember if the dragons actually had genders or not.

speaking of genderless creatures though one of the eldrazi titans is seen as female in legends aren't they.

i auctualy like dromoka but i guess i dont know much about her maybe she is an arsehole on closer inspection.
>>
>>44165979
>Alesha
>Girl
oh honey
>>44166002
>Implying Dromoka did anything wrong
>Implying that remove ghosts aren't 2spooky
>>
>>44162888
>There is basically no difference between exile and destroyed
well for one exile gets past indestructible.

go play a few games against an ensoul deck and come back and say that again
>>
>>44166034
>>44166039
Dromoka hated ghosts SO MUCH that she went and decided the best way to get rid of them was to make sure that every nondragon she ruled over never knew who they were related to in any way, shape, or form, and that attempting to find out was punishable by laserbreath.
All the dragonlords are massive assholes. The fact that some of them aren't quite as assholeish as the other assholes does not mean that they are not still assholes.
>>
>>44163219
>ran out of ideas six years ago
what about surge sure they probably should have made both increased cost and decreased cost surge cards but its still a new mechanic

although i suppose it does explore a similar design space to storm.
>>
>>44163315
honestly i do agree with you they should have stuck with the flip cards rather then switching to duel faced although i can sort of understand there reasoning.

i dont know enough about inistrad to have an opinion on the cards themselves but people seemed to like them
>>
>>44163391
>they had to redesign it each set to finally get what they wanted.
what would you rather they just took 1 attempt at it and said yep good enough.

what good are mistakes if you cant learn from them.
>>
File: Kin tree CUTE.jpg (363 KB, 1081x790) Image search: [Google]
Kin tree CUTE.jpg
363 KB, 1081x790
>>44166106
I see no problem with that
all it means is that you don't have nepotism and rivalries based on family ties.
>>
>>44166134
Flip cards had three major problems.
1) Tiny tiny text box space. There just wasn't enough space to do shit-all with flips, honestly.
2) The always-fun memory issues involved with remembering if that specific flip card that your opponent has three of out is the one that's flipped when two of them are tapped.
3) Art problems all over the place - tiny space for art plus it not looking good in general due to looking cluttered since it needs to show both sides.
>>
>>44163666
>alter one of the fundamental tenets of magic
so what your saying is that the eldrazi dont feel right

well then they have done there job the eldrazi are meant to feel unnatural thats why they do things that normaly arent allowed.

if they start using colorless casting cast in every set then yes that would be bad.

although i can actually see how somebody could dislike it its interesting but not amazing and its understandable not to like it.

all the other things you have said are outright retarded though.
>>
>>44164107
to anybody that hasent worked out how it works yet i suggest you watch the preview video it clears it up a bit.

although a lot of people seem to be assuming that the people who dont like it dont understand it.
>>
>>44165955
I was thinking the first, my logic being that both this and regenerate being effects that replace dying.

Thanks
>>
>>44164146
there are plenty of times you have to make tough decisions with prowess

and it has a lot of extra depth to it can also be used defensively you can blow a spell to save a prowess creature from a -toughness effect theres a situation that you would not have played the spell if the prowess was not there.
>>
>>44164491
if they had made them all colorless it would fucking ruin the set having half of the fucking cards colorless would just be to big a change from the norm.
>>
>>44164531
well that building does have a rather large carpark go there at night when all the cars are gone and you could gather a pretty big mob.

or maybe my memory is lying to me
>>
>>44163219
What the fuck did you just fucking say about Magic, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Rules Advisor, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret Modern Tournaments, and I have over 300 confirmed tournaments. I am trained in game design and I’m the planeswalker in the entire Pro Tour. You are nothing to me but just another Timmy. I will wipe you the fuck out with Lightning Bolts the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting Mark Rosewater and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can reduce your life in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my Modern deck. Not only am I extensively trained in Modern, but I have access to an entire arsenal of Legacy, Vintage, and EDH decks and I will use them to there full extent to wipe your miserable ass off tablet, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit poison counters all over you and you will drown in them. You’re fucking dead, kiddo
>>
>>44165109
wait what is the point of splicing that card its splice cost and normal cost are the same it seems much less risky to just play it on its own that way your oponent has 2 spells to counter instead of just 1.

was there some situation where you wanted to splice this so that it did not come out before the other effect or something.
>>
>>44166404
When you splice, the card you are splicing with stays in your hand. Its effect is added to the played spell, but it stays in your hand.
>>
>>44165195
>>44165290
>>44165350
>>44165395
>>44165420
>>44165427
oh fuck my sides
>>
>>44165796
the only /tg/ company that keeps who works on what a secret is games workshop.
>>
>>44166353
Stale Meme, but well applied, 7/10
>>
File: 145[1].jpg (50 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
145[1].jpg
50 KB, 312x445
>>44166426
Are they alright?
Were your sides attacked by a werewolf who mistook them for a Collar of Avacyn?
Because if there's anything a werewolf hates, it's a collar - especially Avacyn's Collar, the symbol of her church.
And if your sides looked like Avacyn's Collar, and a werewolf attacked them, then it's possible that it may have affected YOU with lycanthropy as well! Which would not be good, because then you would have a rather deep-seated and longstanding hatred of Avacyn's Collar, the symbol of her church.
Tell me, when you look at this, what are your thoughts?
>>
>>44166106
oh ok then yeah dromoka was an arsehole.
>>
>>44166461
God
I hate that symbol SO MUCH
>>
>>44166425
oh yeah thats a great card then.
>>
>>44166486
Do you feel the urge to destroy Avacyn's Collar, the symbol of her church
?
>>
>>44166519
I mean
I never cared much for collars
but this collar, it's just begging to be smashed.
>>
>>44166527
Then I'm afraid you are either now a werewolf, or are a gorilla shaman. One of the two, I'm not sure.
Or maybe a werewolf gorilla shaman.
>>
>>44166542
I'm fairly certain I'm not a gorilla shaman,and how does not liking collars, particularly Avacyn's Collar, the symbol of her church, mean I'm a werewolf?
>>
>>44166598
Werewolves are known for hating silver collars, especially Avacyn's collars, fashioned after Avancyn's symbol, the symbol of her church.
So you may be one of those Avacyn-hatin' werewolves
>>
>>44166652
Well shit
I mean
is there any help I can get for it?
>>
File: kronk.jpg (32 KB, 500x267) Image search: [Google]
kronk.jpg
32 KB, 500x267
>>44166652
Oh right, the collar.
The collar of Avacyn
The collar chosen specifically for werewolves to hate
Avacyn's Collar
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.