[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dank PVP Character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: erry time.jpg (26 KB, 326x408) Image search: [Google]
erry time.jpg
26 KB, 326x408
Whats your favourite PVP character for D&D/Pathfinder?

There's a deathmatch style session on this weekend run by a friend. So far he's said everyone will be using lvl 12-ish characters. And the matches are mostly not going to be pit matches to the death, he mentioned one that will be similar to the Hunger Games.

First thought was Monk or maybe a Ranger. If Psion is allowed that would definitely be a top pick.
>>
>>44161116
Also probably going to be using d&d 3.5, but really want to hear /tg/'s thoughts on any system
>>
How many participants will there be in each match?
>>
>>44161177
Not confirmed but I'm thinking between 6-10 or thereabouts. The guy running it asked me how many people I can bring so I'm thinking near around 10
>>
Playing a coward who focuses on slowing down pursuers and fleeing by any means would be pretty funny but I think that would make that character a bigger target.

Fucking bola focus, race with a climb speed, probably rogue class for all the dex based skill checks for gtfo-ing
>>
>>44161116
Can't go wrong with a wizard or druid.
>>
>>44162415
I've never really played a wizard properly before. Are illusionists and enchanters not worth playing? I know that up against some situations they can be totally worthless, but with things you can affect it seems like you can have heaps of fun with it.
>>
>>44162554
You're going high level wizard? Go enchanter and use charms and disabling spells to basically make all the other players destroy themselves.
>>
>>44162554
Illusionists are hard to do in PvP, as you have to rely on both the DM and the other player to enforce your illusions.
>>
>>44163932
This sounds promising. Going to check out the enchanter wizard school stuff. With this kind of character any recommended feats/spells/tips?
>>
It's 2015. How are so many people so bad at this game?

OP, Druid is hands down the best for PvP. You get to be an animal form for combat without having any downsides. You can move to full attack with a lot of natural weapons and trap people with large area no-save area spells. Hell, you can even by a sparrow and just avoid everything while casting spells.
>>
>>44164628
This guy has the right of it. Druid is outright the best for this. Wizard is a good backup plan if you're not comfortable with Druid though.

What books are allowed, and how much in the way of magic items can each character have?
>>
>>44165187
>>44164628
Its not confirmed but the DM was talking about limiting restricting magic, possibly only allowing magic items (not all)
>>
>>44165187
Multiclass it with unchained monk/brawler though, because tigers can do kung fu
>>
>>44161116
>your favourite PVP character
I don't do that. You should be building an interesting story through the interactions both between the party and the world and between party members, not building characters just for "1v1 me, fagt!"

>>44161153
If 3.PF, just about any magic-based class, 3.5 is considered the "Caster edition" for a reason. Most martial classes require at least a bit of a min-maxed/optimized build to not be outdone by casters every single time.
>>
>>44165267
Make a rogue. Focus on ranged combat and UMD. Get a ton of wands, scrolls and shit. Wait until your enemies kill each other, then pick off the survivors from afar.

Alternatively, pick a fighter, take Item Mastery feats from Weapon Master's handbook and force your magic items to cast for you.
>>
If you're thinking of going wizard, keep in mind that in a PvP situation, players aren't going to hold back on things the DM might for the sake of fun. If you're going wizard or find yourself up against a wizard, separating him/her from their spellbook should be priority 1. Start looking into ways to destroy weapons and armor. Set up antimagic fields. If you're up against other players, start thinking about all of the things a shitty, no-fun DM would do and try to find ways to replicate it as a PC.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.