[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Front Mission RPG?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Front Mission 4 boxart.jpg (74 KB, 640x894) Image search: [Google]
Front Mission 4 boxart.jpg
74 KB, 640x894
Is there a system that can be used for running a Front Mission RPG?
I'll admit up front this is mostly idle curiosity on my part.
>>
>>44155362
Chrome Hounds, or if you want to go less finnicky, Strike!, or if you can't divorce yourself from d20, 4e.
>>
>>44155362
Have you thought of the setting? What would the story be?

If I was patient enough to sit my ass down and digest the book, I might could recommend Gurps Mechs.

But lay that story on me, alright? I've thought about how cool Front Mission would be, but I couldn't think of a good story.
>>
>>44158069
i think you mean chrome strike.
>>
>>44159950
Like I said, this is currently just idle curiosity.
I'm thinking about maybe running it sometime, and figure having a system to use is the first step.
>>
File: Kodiakfront2m.png (198 KB, 270x360) Image search: [Google]
Kodiakfront2m.png
198 KB, 270x360
>>44155362
Heavy Gear, the game you are looking for is Heavy Gear / the Silhouette system.
>>
>>44167158
Does it have shit that can be used to mimic the Ravens? I want my super wanzer.
>>
>>44155362
When I was playing Front Mission 4, I was constantly thinking to myself "Wow, this plays like a slightly watered down, Japanified version of Battletech"

Hit location system, emphasis on positioning, Robots with guns?

Not bringing up the customization system, but tread carefully with that. It's kind of a slippery slope carte-blanche for powergamers.
>>
Pulp action mech or something more grim?
>>
How does Front Mission usually go?
>Someone gets attacked
>Don't know who attacked
>Find out who attacked
>Players put on task force to bring in obscure faction noone has time for
>Bad guy had more funding than originally planned
>Save world from new weapon prototype

Like that? Suggestions?
>>
File: votoms.jpg (263 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
votoms.jpg
263 KB, 780x439
>>44155362
>>44167158

Front Mission is "Votoms: The Game" and Heavy Gear is "Votoms: The RPG".

>>44168577

Well, the first Battletech-like games are from Japan. But I think it takes more from JRPGs than anything else.
>>
Welp, now I gotta play FM4 again. Thanks a lot OP
>>
>>44171022
>>44167158

Which edition of Heavy Gear/Sillhouette is recommended?
>>
>>44171144
I may have rubbed one out to Ilsa when i was a younger lad. She's just so sexy and strong ~
>>
>>44171300
>acting like that's anything to be ashamed of
>acting like you don't still do it on the regular
>>
>>44171300
>>44171745
I have to refrain from playing FF7. Watching Tifa in all her battle-graphic glory just makes me lose all self- control. I don't know what I'm going to do now that the remake is coming out.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.