[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has your character ever regretted becoming an adventurer, or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1450021612-20151213.png (274 KB, 684x1256) Image search: [Google]
1450021612-20151213.png
274 KB, 684x1256
Has your character ever regretted becoming an adventurer, or whatever else they've done in life? Is there something they wish they could take back?
>>
Every single day. He wishes he could take back moving to the town the game takes place in.
>>
>>44154721
Wait - is your character playing a game...in the game?
>>
>>44154797
If the game is called babysitting, then yes he's playing a game.
>>
Up until he lost his team and became a cripple, he had the time of his life. Now there's only regret.
>>
Yeah. Shit happened when they were younger, and now she drinks quite a lot. The other people in the game think it's a weird quirk, both in and out of character.
>>
>>44154605
Well, in the three days since his first deployment, he has:
>Been up against enemies in powered armor that are so far beyond his ability and equipment it's not funny
>Been attacked by a literal demon that was impervious to weaponry and could instantly and without effort fry the brain of his superior officer
>Had his mind raped by more power armored freaks, this time one's that could apparently use sorcery
>Been thrown in prison by his own military
>Seriously injured while in said prison and refused medical attention
>And lost both his arms.
And during all this, he's getting paid a pittance.
Should've stayed a mechanic.
>>
>>44154605
Ironically that password is actually extremely secure, with an entropy of 293 bits. Anything above 128 bits is pretty much overkill, so this password should be extremely secure against brute forcing attempts. Of course if someone compromises the server and it turns out all the user data was being kept unencrypted then no amount of password entropy will help you, in which case yeah the reverse social engineering approach might work.
>>
>>44154605
My entire character's motive is fixing everything he's regretted. However he's a pessimist who mistakes many minor things or situations out of his control as his fault, so it never ends.
>>
Yes, she lost her baby because of it.
>>
>>44156044
Storytime? I want to know what she was doing adventuring with a baby.
>>
>>44156158
She didn't start with the baby. It was a settler-esque game oriented around fleeing danger and trying to find a safe place to live. She was the daughter of a huntsman and ended up as a hunter for the group, and ended up becoming close with her foraging partner. She ended up getting pregnant but he was removed from the game in a pretty bad way. Struggling with the baby on her own, eventually it died when she got attacked by wolves while hunting and was camp-ridden, and couldn't flee during a raid. An orc attacked her and unluckily the baby died.

So it was less that she was adventuring with a baby, and rather that the collection of fleeing people were adventuring to survive, and the difficult life cost her the baby.
>>
File: lnpLuzx.jpg (34 KB, 600x444) Image search: [Google]
lnpLuzx.jpg
34 KB, 600x444
>>44154605
None of mine, but one of my mates played a character who was super religious, to the point that the player wrote a whole little handbook of biblical quotes slightly modified to fit into the universe so that his character could quote scripture during battles and stuff.

And then at some point, his religion was basically disproved by events in the campaign. It wasn't intentional or anything, the DM didn't actually realize that he had done it, but basically it turned out that there was no way to create water (it would instead be ported in from the elemental plane of water) which was a pivotal part of the creation story that the guy had come up with for the religion.

So the guy goes into this spiral of depression as he realizes that his whole life has been in vain, and the character becomes really pathetic, as he's just silent through every fight, where before he had been this awesome firebrand gospel-preacher screaming brutal old testament shit at our enemies.

Near the end of the campaign though, as we're going after the bad guy, we find his research notes, and it's mostly this guy trying to create water, and failing, and he can't figure out why, and he eventually comes to the conclusion that some power must be stopping him from doing it.

And one of the lines in his experiment is expressing his fear that he will be exposed, and that the public will realize what he's doing, and how ethically fucked up it is.

And the player perks up, and his character speaks for the first time in three sessions.

"For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved."
>>
bomp
>>
>>44154605
I don't know how to regret things beyond embarrassing social situations, so my characters don't really either.

Like, I've killed people and I'm don't really regret it, despite how much I disagree with it. But I lose sleep over this one time that I was fucking weird when I was 12 and got made fun of for it.
>>
>>44156548
>having kids while on the run
>holding baby while fighting

This was not a very smart woman, I take it?
>>
>>44159473
People have been having kids on the run and worse conditions through the entirety of history. As for the baby, after the father was taken out of the picture, she didn't feel safe letting other people take care of it. When it died she wasn't fighting, she was trying to escape when the orc hit her from behind.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.