[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hard:Suit Ideas and Feedback
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 8
File: 1.jpg (166 KB, 897x308) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
166 KB, 897x308
Dear /tg/

For a while now, I've been working on a small Mecha game inspired by Front Mission / Ace Combats Strange Real world and the work of Makoto Koyabashi.

To summerise, its set in an alternate worlds 1980s where a cold war went hot and no one won, biological weapons have thrown the worlds ecological balance into overdrive, creating the Ecozone.

This never ending ecological nightmare in the east proves to be impenetrable and unnavigable, its spores spreading across the land, clogging aircraft engines and scrambling communication systems. In the wake of the hostile environment and disabled aeronautics, environmental suits have been converted into weapons of war, now referred to as Hardsuits.

Now in the aftermath of the war with the former super-powers splintered and squabbling between themselves and soldiers without nations or causes to fight
for, mercenary bands of hardsuit pilots have monopolised on this situation, offering their services to the highest bidders to participate in their bitter and aggressive skirmishes between the now Balkanised nations.

I'm primarily an illustrator but i've written up a set of experimental rules based on a simple 1d10 system using a results table for resolutions which I'll put in following posts.

I've been posting in the /hbg/ and while response was small, some interest was found so made a thread to see if there's any interest in general.

Hopefully with /tg/s feedback, I can make Hard:Suit into a simple and fun mecha RPG that people would like to try
>>
File: V9 REWRITE.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
V9 REWRITE.pdf
1 B, 486x500
The early experimental game rules
>>
File: WORLD AND LORE.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
WORLD AND LORE.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Some fluff on the major nations and places
>>
Having pilot meat points called wounds is pretty counterintuitive.
Maybe consider renaming to "guts" for example?
The flavor would mesh well with the vigor and morale coupling.
>>
The general worldbuilding fluff looks fine, it even seems complete and playable on the player side.
But what about actual enemies, and the structure of campaigns outside of encounters?
>>
File: REVISED MAP SMALL.jpg (374 KB, 1006x993) Image search: [Google]
REVISED MAP SMALL.jpg
374 KB, 1006x993
>>44155708
Well campaign wise i'm hoping to use several sources for inspiration: Front Mission 3, Armor Hunter Mellowlink, Ace Combat and a bunch of other mecha related things.

The PCs start as a mercenary group and, through their own brokerage or a separate commission may be contacted to complete jobs that might be otherwise too politically sensitive to carry out by standard military means e.g

>The PCs might be tasked with traveling to a war-torn Mosilavan district, finding and returning an important member of their employees family for a large amount of credits. Problem is, the guy is a wanted war criminal and the local countries militia and other rival mercenary groups are out for his blood.

Essentially the structure could be something akin to Shadowrun-lite where the PCs take jobs, get in, get out and get paid.

Enemies could range from a countries local defense force, rival mercenary groups going for the same job, cartel lead gangs of militia out for revenge against a PC, desperate scavangers near the Ecozone trying to scrape a living from banditry etc

>>44155640
That could work, I used the term wounds just to put over the fact that its an indicator of pilot health and the amount of damage they could take before death
>>
File: Wrath.jpg (285 KB, 519x642) Image search: [Google]
Wrath.jpg
285 KB, 519x642
Campaign and mission wise inspirations could stem from real life mercenary use and people such as Bob Denard, the Eritrean-Ethiopia war and parties such as the American Volunteer Groups or batshit insane Kenyan pirates
>>
File: Cedar.jpg (197 KB, 443x761) Image search: [Google]
Cedar.jpg
197 KB, 443x761
Bumping with art
The ESD Special Type II - ‘Cedar’. A true monster of a suit, the Cedar towers over its rivals, letting its long reach and powerful servos inflict horrific damage in close combat. Its enemies soon learnt to target these units first.
>>
File: Sentinel.jpg (260 KB, 519x642) Image search: [Google]
Sentinel.jpg
260 KB, 519x642
PSP 1 - ‘Sentinel’ The workhorse of the early Populdon military, the Sentinel is a cheap, rugged and easily repaired unit whose reliability has meant it is the mainstay unit in smaller nations standing army.
>>
File: Alacrity.jpg (256 KB, 769x642) Image search: [Google]
Alacrity.jpg
256 KB, 769x642
ESD Mk II - ‘Alacrity’. Given the nickname of ‘Frog’ this suit is well known for its agility and ambush potential.
>>
well I guess its late or just general lack of interest, i'll try again tommorow. I'll write up some enemies and potential campaign designs too.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.