[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rags to Riches Quest 2k16 Episode 6.5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 1
File: 1398554150561.jpg (54 KB, 977x342) Image search: [Google]
1398554150561.jpg
54 KB, 977x342
Previously, our young protagonist retrieved a magical artifact for the heirs of Dragonfell, soon after discovering it's true nature as a soul. After a small disagreement, Mona ended up drinking it, regaining her lost passion, as well as a temporary hitchhiker. Now back to normal, she joins you in fleeing from the warrior monks, and hiding away at an Inn a ways across town.

The morning after, you wake in a large bed on the second floor of a decent inn. After rubbing your eyes, you spy Mona sitting across the room, happily chewing on a tort as she watches a small pen scratch across the surface of a thick journal in midair. She notices you up, and waves.

"Morning, darling! I bought a diary! I'm putting all my feelings on paper, so I can feel free to express them without troubling you like before."

>"Are you feeling alright?"
>"Wrap it up, we need to get moving."
>"Didn't you get me anything to eat too?"
>Other
>>
>>44150985
>>"Are you feeling alright?"
>>
>>44150985
>"Are you feeling alright?"
>>
>>44151019
"Never better! I think maybe getting back my passion is just exciting to me. Anyway, eat your breakfast, you need your strength." Mona reaches over to a plate, on tip if which rests another torte, still slightly steaming with hot pork, and piled with tomato, lettuce, and sauce. "Need me to feed you?"

>"I can handle it."
>"Sure."
>"I'm not hungry"
>Other
>>
>>44151252
>>"Sure."
>>
>>44151252
>"I can handle it."
>"How about a massage instead"
H-hue
>>
>>44151269
You relax and gather your thoughts as Mona reaches across and offers you nibbles of the tort. As you eat, you don your equipment again. You have two finely crafted daggers, one straight and ideal for parrying, and the other curved for slicing. You also have a number of throwing stars, and a small knife hidden in your boot. After tying on your cloak, Mona offers the last bite of your breakfast and wipes your mouth gently with a cloth.

"What should we do now? Roland is only a few days from execution, but both factions in the city are against us."

>"Let's focus on rescuing Roland"
>"We need to work things out with Ortho and Esmeralda."
>"I think we need to get closer to the church."
>Other
>>
>>44151489
>"Let's focus on rescuing Roland AND fixing things"
We should probably try to disgrace that pretender dude - while - rescuing Roland. Where are each situated? Stealing the sword would do it right?
What does Mona think?
>>
>>44151489
>>"Let's focus on rescuing Roland"
Also, what was the fake heir's name?
>>
>>44151590
Annandale I think, for some reason I can't grasp my mental image of him is the same I had for PGQ's monique: descartes
>>
>>44151542
"Well all the Paladins meet in the palace of justice. But that's a problem as well as a solution. Stealing the fake sword might help prove he's a fake, assuming we can, but if we had the real sword, and someone who could use it without destroying their hand, it wouldn't even be a challenge. I might have another plan though. If we could get our hands on a map of the palace, we could plan a way in and out. That might take time though."

>There's no time to waste, ambush Annandale
>Slow and steady win the race, plan a heist
>Other
>>
>>44151734
>Slow and steady win the race, plan a rescue+heist
We are gonna need Roland's popularity and backing, plus I like him
>Ask her if there is any way we cand detect Anna's heir or we maurice said
>>
>>44151734
>>Slow and steady win the race, plan a heist
>>
>>44151767
"A scrying spell? Sure, but I don't know one. I'd need time to research. Want to split up?"

>Remain together and study
>Remain together for now
>Split up
>>
>>44151904
>>Split up
>>
>>44151904
>Split up
Rangers are better a thieving, mages are better at studying
Also we should probably find a crew that is willing to help, anyone? Sheit
>>
>>44151904
gi'er a good ol rub before parting, sexy stuff
>>
>>44151958
You agree to separate for the time being. Mona readies her bag to depart.

>Search for a way into the palace via the library
>Investigate the palace directly
>Other
>>
>>44152045
>Search for a way into the palace via the library
rub rub rub
>>
>>44152045
>>Search for a way into the palace via the library
>>
>>44152077
You engage in heavy petting with Mona before leaving the inn together and making your way to the largest library in the city. Normally it is under the control of the Black house, but lately it runs autonomously via preallocated funds and long established infrastructure. Upon arrival at the great stone building, supportedby marble pillars, you and Mona enter and split, one heading toward the municipal archive and the other to the theology section, where anything related to magic or the supernatural is stored.

You have little trouble locating the proper area, but there does not appear to be a dedicated map or plan of the palace of justice. There are however, books on popular architecture of the time when the palace was built, and a diary written by one of the first Paladins would observed the building first hand.

>Diary first
>Architecture first
>Other

Gonna step out for a minute, might be a little longer before next update
>>
>>44152219
Diary fiestt
>>
>>44152219
>>Diary first
>>
>>44152259
You peruse the diary. The language is a bit hard to make out thanks to a combination of overly poetic language and archaic word use, but with effort you can make out the meaning. It seems the building of the palace was harried by complication from the first, from poor weather to swindling suppliers. After a few grueling hours, you see that therror should be a weak passage on the eastern wall, that would erode if struck with sufficient force in th modern day.

It is already nearing night, but cross referencing with the architecture book may reveal even more. You do worry about Mona, however.

>keep studying
>find mona
>>
>>44152763

>keep studying
>>
>>44152763
Can we take the book home? The architecture one?
If so, go find mona and study at home.
>>
>>44152798
seconding.
>>
>>44152798
No. There is no system in place for checkouts
>>
>>44152845
Aw bollocks, but would they really miss one book?

I mean we - are - planning a heist, might as well practice.

>in b4 The Book Thief
>inb4 Grand Theft Literature
>>
>>44152845
unless we're sure we can pilfer the book without getting caught,
then just keep studying.
>>
>>44152880
>>44152845
Makes sense yeah
>>
>>44152880
You decide to continue reading.

After a few more hours, you deduce the most likely spot to gain entry. With this knowledge, the heist should go quite smoothly.

You search the library for Mona, and eventually find her nestled in a pile of dusty, nearly rotten tomes, fast asleep. It is dark out, and the candle she must have lit hours ago is down to a nub. As you approach the table at which she situated herself, you notice that only one if the books in the pile relates to divination. All the others detail the lives of morticians, burial rituals, famous tombs, and strange compositions for chemicals you've never heard of. Mona herself is murmuring, and suckling her thumb.

>Wake her
>Skim the books
>Other
>>
>>44153058
>>Skim the books
>>
>>44153058
>Skim the books
Then princess carry her home and tuck her in bed
>>
>>44153072
You open one of the books. Immediately you see Mona's familiar method of note taking. What you can't decipher is the exact information she was trying to find. The notes and marks all seem rather random.

Mona begins to stir, but continues to snooze.

>Carry her home
>Wake her
>Other
>>
>>44153306
>Wake her
>Ask if she's done and ok to go home
>Offer to carry her
>>
>>44153306
>>Carry her home
and take the notes with you
>>
>>44153325
You shake Mona slightly. Her eyes open and she yawns. You ask if she's ready to head back, and she nods happily.

Mona stands, and rises up onto her tiptoes. Then, without warning, she lifts off of the ground entirely, pressing herself agains you in a warm embrace. You scoop up her legs, and carry her technically weightless form all the way back to the inn.

>Tuck Mona in and rest in the chair
>Share the bed
>Explore the city
>>
>>44153493
>>Tuck Mona in
>Explore the city
>>
>Tuck Mona in
>Explore the city
Give her sweet kissu?
>>
>>44153510
You pull the blankets over Mona after setting her down on the bed. You blow out the lamp, and pull on your hood before leaving the inn.

Outside the night is cold. There is a light breeze that tosses your cloak now and again. As you walk the barren streets, guided by the moonlight, you take note of who and what is still out and active. Inns, naturally, as well as folk who's job requires due discretion. In particular, you notice a few women o the night, which reminds you of Mona's first impression of you.

Eventually you arrive at the inn where you first met Sophia. There is a little chatter within.

>Enter
>Move on
>Other
>>
>>44153730
>Enter
>>
>>44153730
>>Enter
>>
>>44153747
You enter the inn. Inside there are a few small parties of people dining and drinking, as well as a barmaid and the proprietor hard at work. You find an empty table and sit.

>order a pie
>order a drink
>sit silentky
>>
>>44153978

>order a pie
>>
>>44153978
>order a pie
>>
>>44153991
The barmaid, a young girl with a pretty face only slightly covered in dirt, brings a hot meat pie to you, as well as a complimentary glass of cold milk. You pick up a fork and begin digging in just as two men enter through the door. Even without their fullplate, you recognize two knights. They stride over to the bar and order hot wine as they chat.

Tuning your senses, you discover they are out to scout the stone temple. Rumor had it the inner yards were damaged by fire, and the monks are busy rebuilding. After Rolands execution, they plan to storm the temple in an act of retribution.

>Remain seated
>Leave
>Other
>>
>>44154177
>>Remain seated
getting up now might be suspicious. Eat a good portion of the pie, then take the leftovers back with you.

Write a letter of warning for Esmeralda. Think of a way to get it to her.
>>
>>44154226
You continue eating the pie until it goes cool. Then, you have te barmaid wrap it in butcher paper before excusing yourself.

Once outside, you begin thinking of possible options.

>Go to the temple
>Have Mona send a scrying message
>Other
>>
>>44154475
>>Have Mona send a scrying message
>>
>>44154496
You rush back to the inn, stopping for nothing. When you arrive, you slow only to avoid suspicion, and make your way upstairs to your room. Inside, you wake Mona and ask her to prepare a sending. She groans about being woken on a cold night, but complies. You tell her the recipient, and she is surprised, but again does not question you.

>Warn Ortho
>Warn Esmeralda
>>
>>44154738
>>Warn Esmeralda
>>
>>44154738
Warn Esmeralda.
>>
>>44154986
You send word ahead to Esmeralda. You have no way of knowing if she received it. Mona turns to you.

"The monks will keep them safe. Esmeralda isn't a pushover either. When I fought her I actually struggled to get away from her attacks. She's a tough cookie when she wants to be."

This vote of confidence is reassuring, but not as much as you would have hoped. The two of you turn in for the night.

You have three days until Rolands execution. Digging through your bag, you rediscover the flare given to you by Roland's squire. With this, the entire 13th Order will come to your aid. It might have been nice to be able to count on the monks or even the Rangers now, but one must make do.

>continue planning
>rescue Roland
>Other
>>
>>44155140
>>rescue Roland
let's get dangerous.
>>
>>44155140
>rescue Roland
>>
>>44155167
You ready yourself, packing your things as efficiently as you can with Mona's help. Once you are set to head out, Mona leans against you a places a peck on your cheek.

"What should I do while you're gone?"

>"Stay here and be safe."
>"Draw attention from me. The fewer guards the better."
>Other
>>
>>44155406
>>Other
Set up a distraction, like pyrotechnics some place to draw away guards, but where Mona will be far away from.
>>
>>44155438
>>44155406
Seems good. Also when she's safe she should be ready to rendezvouz so we can get out to a safespot

goodbye kiss then?
>>
>>44155438
Mona nods, and the two of you hug before setting off in different directions. You approach the palace of justice just before noon. You follow the outer wall u time you are as near the infiltration point as you can be.

>go now
>wait ifor the distraction
>>
>>44155667
>>wait ifor the distraction
>>
>>44155667
>wait ifor the distraction
>>
>>44155862
You stand outside the walls patiently. After a good amount of time, there is a loud bang. You turn to see a fireball looming over the town a ways away. Knights soon begin pouring out if the palace of justice, affording you your best chance to approach and scale the walls until coming to a point where he stonework is faulty. With a few good strikes of your boot and the pommel of your dagger, the brick gives way. A little more and you are just barely able to squeeze through.

Through the crack, you find yourself in a small storage room. You climb over piles of old crates and tarp covered furniture and exit through the door into a hallway. If you remember correctly, the prison wing is to the south. However, there are cells for significant persons to the east.

>special cells
>main cells
>>
>>44156230
>>special cells
free Roland, and try to free as many other people along the way as a distraction.
>>
>>44156230
>special cells
>>
>>44156264
You hurry toward the special holding cells. Thanks to Mona, the halls are all but cleared. When you arrive near the cells, unfortunately, there is still a single guard.

>kill
>Knockout
>Other
>>
>>44156559
>>Knockout
>>
>>44156559
>Knockout
>>
>>44156561
You dash out from behind a corner and smashthe pommel of your dagger into the knights helmet, sounding off a loud clang and turning him into a mess on the griund. Seeing the coast to be clear, you take your time with the lock to the special cells.

Through the heavy wooden door, reinforced by iron, is a dark hallway. Long, steel cages extend down each wall. You move forward on light feet until you reach the only one that seems to be occupied. Within, a man kneels, chained to the floor at several points on his body, as well as blindfolded. He seems to be dozing.

The lock on the door is rusted.

>Break the lock
>call to the prisoner
>Other
>>
>>44157272
>call to the prisoner
>>
>>44157272
>call to the prisoner
>>
You whisper into the dark cell. The prisoner lifts his head.

"Who goes there? How long has it been? I demand audience with Annandale, if he has any honor left."

You explain the situation. He thinks for a moment before responding.

"I appreciate your courage, friend. These cells are rarely used, so any of them being faultyis no shocking thing. My strength fails me without the suns light and proper nourishment, but I'm not infirm yet. I advise you to search either for a sledge, or risk your dagger clearing the rust. I will meditate while you choose. I will need my strength, I think."

>Find a sledge
>Use a dagger
>>
>>44157516
>>Use a dagger
>>
>>44157516
>Find a sledge
Alternatively use the guard's weapon?
>>
>>44157541
You draw your parrying dagger and insert it into the lock. You proceed to clear as much rust as you can, eventually chipping the blade beyond repair. Once thats done, you toss the dagger aside and get to work on the lock itself.

As the steel door swings open, you see Roland struggling against his bindings. All you need is to release two of the eight, and the rest snap like so much twine, freeing him.

"Haha! A Paladin cannot be bound in spirit!" He begins ripping the apparatus from his body. The chains fall to the floor, jangling and piling up. Roland stretches to explore his regained independent movement, and the two of you make your exit.

Outside, you notice the guard you knocked out has vanished, no doubt to find help and ambush you. You ponder your escape options, knowing Roland will not fit through the same crack in the wall you did. Roland suggests exiting through the lawn, as it is the quickest way, but you fear being spotted.

>The lawn
>The rear wall
>Hide and wait
>>
>>44157877
>>The rear wall
>>
>>44157904
The two of you hurriedly make your way throughthe halls of the palace until finding a decent sized window. You leap, falling two stories and landing on the grassy lawn. Roland lands with a large thud, and the two of you take off at top sprinting speed.

Each of you leaps, grabs hold of the top of the two story wall surrounding the palace gardens, and camber over.

On the other side, draped in shibing armor, are three Paladins, including Annandale himself
>>
>>44157877
>The rear wall
Ask if he knows a way to break it further
>>
Short thread today to make up for the short one yesterday. Another thread next saturday, probably longer.

Hope everyone had fun
>>
>>44158084
I sure had, see you next saturday bro!
>>
>>44158084
Curse you Rags, why must you place this obstacle in our way?

See you next week.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.