[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>gm invites you to game. >you ask how many players are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 10
File: images (10).jpg (14 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images (10).jpg
14 KB, 300x168
>gm invites you to game.
>you ask how many players are in the party.
>gm replies: "enough that we don't need more at the moment".
>"what we need right now is a good villain..."

You get to be a campaigns BBEG, how do you do it ? What will you be ? What are your motives ? And will you give no mercy to the PC's ?
>>
While it seems like it could be a neat idea, I can only see it leading to hurt feelings and angry players.
>>
I need to know the world. I need to know the game. Is it a campy hero saves the day game? Is it moral quandary game? Does the GM want them to fight me or is he ok with them joining me?

If my goal is to get a job done and the PC's are in my way, why would I show mercy? Because they have the anime cliche of having cooler hair then the rest of the background characters? Because they "tried really hard and made friends"? Fuck no. GM wants me to be the villain. Sure I'll through some side fights at them along the way, but face to face, shit is on.
>>
>>44150830
I'm going to crash their game.
>>
>>44150863
This.

Though if the party is a bunch of murderhobos, I'm playing a Kamen Rider, full stop
>>
>>44150909
With no survivors?
>>
>>44150830
Depending on what level he wants me, if Pathfinder, if make a Psion with levels in Body Snatcher.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-prestige-classes/body-snatcher

And keep myself hidden from the party by body hopping constantly.

After enough levels, I'd take the Mind Seed power.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/m/mind-seed

Id start spamming it on every peasant grunt I could get my hands on.

Now the party has to deal with an army of body hopping Psion clones, with more in the process of converting.
>>
File: golden_age_i_cap8.jpg (144 KB, 1680x709) Image search: [Google]
golden_age_i_cap8.jpg
144 KB, 1680x709
>What do you mean I'm the villain? I united the entire kingdom and the people love me. No one knows my secret but you. The the world, you are the villain coming to slay the greatest king ever known. Defeat me and you will be the greatest demon known to this world. No one will know what I truly was.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (6 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6 KB, 284x177
>>44151096
>>
File: takerwm29_crop_north.jpg (22 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
takerwm29_crop_north.jpg
22 KB, 630x420
Winter has ended. The stars have aligned. The great lich king has risen yet again to ravage the land. Will you rescue those in his path and avoid him as best you can to survive through summer, or will you oppose him to try and end his path of destruction early?
>>
File: Yesss.jpg (28 KB, 310x233) Image search: [Google]
Yesss.jpg
28 KB, 310x233
>>44150830
I do believe this is going to be a splendid turn of events my good fellow. I know these meddlesome adventurers believe themselves to be the heroes, but they are only fooling themselves. No. If they intend to get in my way, I will show them the folly of their self induldged, "noble" intentions. Yeeesss.
>>
>>44150944
your villain better be a big guy
>>
File: 2x14-Pierce_throne.jpg (281 KB, 1601x1133) Image search: [Google]
2x14-Pierce_throne.jpg
281 KB, 1601x1133
Say what you want about the dungeons and dragons community episode, it had an interesting idea.
>>
I actually played an online game where our evil party were the BBEGs to the DM's physical group, but it crashed and burned due to real life issues like 3 sessions in. We didn't even get to face the good party. Sucks because I thought it was a really nice setup.

Played a barbarian warlord dwarf cleric of Demon Lord Kostchtchie, by the way, with a focus on roleplaying an evil faith in depth and trying to shape it into something organized.
>>
File: Shane the Coward.jpg (756 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Shane the Coward.jpg
756 KB, 1500x1000
>>44150830
I'm going to make a villain who only cares to have a blast, fucking with the party.

Someone who just wants to fuck over everyone as hard as possible by giving free shit to cultists, deranged organizations and wannabe BBEGs, someone that always has infinite escape routes and is usually one step ahead.
>>
>>44151581
tzeentch?
>>
>>44151581
You stole that from a storytime.
Can't find it because new phone, I don't got shit here, but I was here for that thread.
That pissed the players off so bad, the one moment they had him, which was out of pure luck by using a time stop or what the fuck scroll a split second before he could use his, they choke slammed, stripped, cavity searched, and then killed him and rendered his body unressurrectable, just to make sure they were done with him.

They stopped fixing the problems he was causing that were fucking kingdoms just to end him.
>>
File: 1444339519431.png (17 KB, 794x291) Image search: [Google]
1444339519431.png
17 KB, 794x291
If it's a bunch of normal heroes, then i'm going to make a normal villain. Odds are, they'd rather have a normal game with a villain that deserve to get it's ass kicked, so they're gonna get an asshole. No "BUT I DID NOTHING WRONG" or a subversion, or him being actually good, etc etc. Subverting something doesn't make it good.

If they're murderhobos, they can plead about being heroes all they want, they are REALLY not going to like what happens next..
>>
File: Shane the coward.png (477 KB, 1185x2294) Image search: [Google]
Shane the coward.png
477 KB, 1185x2294
>>44152205
Sure thing. I think such a villain is pretty nice: someone you just love to hate.
>>
>>44152222
Wow... What kind of dick DM dickes His his party so hard ?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.