[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
XV8 Crisis Battlesuits look so damn cool, but every time I field
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: _DC23.png (2 MB, 1395x919) Image search: [Google]
_DC23.png
2 MB, 1395x919
XV8 Crisis Battlesuits look so damn cool, but every time I field them against my flatmate who plays Chaos Space Marines, they get torn to shreds in no time despite having Shield Drones. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>44149897
>What am I doing wrong?

Playing Warhammer 40K.
>>
>2015
>Losing any units to chaos space marines

You could just get more riptides. Those seem to be in style this edition.
>>
>>44149951
>>44149982
meme harder

>>44149897
What is your opponent running?
>>
>>44149897

I'd check out the GW website for more expensive units-- those are bound to perform better at the table.
>>
>>44149897
This might be a horrible tactic but I don't know, I just play for fun. Anyways, I generally like to have three XV8 squads on the table, including the Bodyguard team. Then I want all three of these teams dedicated to a role, be it anti-armour, anti-light infantry or anti-medium/heavy infantry. Armour carries fusion and plasma, light inf. carries burst cannon and flamers, and heavy inf. goes missile pods and plasma rifles (I'd use cyclic ion blasters but I lack the bits). If I was fighting Chaos Marines I might skip the light infantry squad and use two heavy, since you've gotta crack open a lot of 3+ and missiles do it a little better. You can find plenty of S5 AP5 elsewhere, from your infantry gunline all the way up to GLORIOUS MISSILE SUB-WOOFERS if you really wanted to go that far.
>>
>>44149897
things die when they are killed

maybe you should just start rolling better
or maybe get some more boxes to use as terrain
>>
>>44149897
If I had to guess, not killing Havocs on sight.
>>
>>44149897
Letting a model with a jetpack get shot in the first place?

You know if that's how that rules till works, I think I've missed an edition and I've certainly missed a new Tau codex.
>>
>>44149897
>>44150894
This tactic is getting there, but still not great.

Basic Rules for Crisis Suits:
1) Each group should pick one weapon and take two each. Never bother twinlinking, boosts to hit are what a commander with CnC or markerlights are for.
2) Missile pods are your main weapon. They kill everything while staying way outside charge range.
3) Never ever EVER take burst cannons. There is no such thing as an enemy you'd wish you brought them against.
4) Shield Drones are bad, they only work if your opponent doesn't understand how the shooting phase works. If you need more wounds, take normal gun drones. Just bringing more Crisis Suits is generally the better use of points though.
5) If your close-in squads (plasma, fusion etc) keep getting charged, give one member Vectored Retro Thrusters and a Twinlinked (twin, not double) Flamer. You get to burn off alot of the enemy with rerolling flamer hits, and then immediately Hit-and-Run away.

Finally: Crisis are good, but everyone wants support. Marker-drones, Skyrays, breacher-teams in devilfish, Broadsides, Riptides, Ghostkeels. Combined Arms are Best Arms.
>>
>>44152896
I can definitely see where you're coming from, and it makes more sense tactically, but I mostly built my army for fun, and I've always have a fondness for miniguns. Quickly learned how poor an idea it is to Novacharge one though.
>>
>>44153131
Riptide Heavy Burst Cannons are a different thing entirely. It's just normal Burst Cannons that are complete poop. You'd basically always be better off simply leaving the slot blank and saving the points.

Personally, I prefer the Ion Cannon on Riptides, but the Heavy Burst is pretty great when you give it an Early Warning Override or Interceptor-thingy and blast things out of the sky.
>>
>>44149897
What keeps killing them? What changes you need to make is highly dependent on how they keep dieing.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.