[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: 1449990665956.png (612 KB, 900x1040) Image search: [Google]
1449990665956.png
612 KB, 900x1040
Pathfinder General /pfg/

D'awww Edition

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will ask (probably about DSP).

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/T5Yknxmz

Dreamscarred Press needs YOUR help in providing feedback for a tiny product (just six pages of rules), Psion Focused Disciplines! You can download it below and comment on it in the Google document.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/iik823
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NjfEMcQW5jgCIGL3--3PzXiuu7ZeYUE0vTWy-F2D1bc/edit?usp=sharing

Previous thread: >>44139215
>>
>>44147242
1st for taking sibling trait and romancing Ameiko
>>
2nd for elf slaves
>>
Is it possible to find a way to Charge away from the enemy? I have a half elf, Rifle using Rogue.
all 3rd party stuff allowed
>>
>>44147257
Wincest?
>>
File: SaberwolfRender_zpsda885e42.png (784 KB, 982x1024) Image search: [Google]
SaberwolfRender_zpsda885e42.png
784 KB, 982x1024
how would I go about playing this?
closest to RAW with the least amount of GM fiat needed the better
>>
>>44147323
Skinwalker.

Maybe barbarian.
>>
File: commence the jigglin.jpg (28 KB, 500x555) Image search: [Google]
commence the jigglin.jpg
28 KB, 500x555
>>44147257
>APs
>waifuing
>magical realming

not the first post we need, but the first post we deserve
>>
Is it possible to turn an animal into a humanoid with spells (that permanency can be used on)? I want to turn my wizard's familiar into a human that can speak and stuff.
>>
>>44147462
Yes? There's a spell just for this, unless you very specifically need the humanoid type

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/anthropomorphic-animal
>>
>>44147498
The conditions kind of suck but yeah that's pretty much what I wanted. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>44147323
Vivisectionist beastmorph alchemist. I'm pretty sure Saberwulf is not actually an alchemical lycan anyway.
>>
If you have multiple arms, are you allowed to use two-weapon-fighting with 2-handers, or is more than one weapon always limited to light melee in the offhand?

And in regards to that, Crystal Warrior Aegis archetype: is Ranged Attack a natural weapon? How does it interact with actual shooting? Does your psicrystal have any hope of ever hitting anything... ever with the non-touch form of it at higher levels (it only gets +2 dex and your BAB)?
>>
File: Immagine.png (13 KB, 384x283) Image search: [Google]
Immagine.png
13 KB, 384x283
How many characters you have on the side, waiting for the right adventure to pop them out?
>>
>>44147746
I have been slowly building them up

Right now I am playing a cleric who just hit level 9 last night

but on the side I have 3 extras and am trying to figure out what I want to make next
I think I am either gonna make a ranger or a monk but am trying to figure out what race I want to play. I really need to see an image that stands out to me first then I try to make a character based on the image

I also wouldn't mind making a dex based spear or polearm fighter but thats pretty difficult without PoW
>>
Is the Trench Fighter the quickest way to get Dex to Gun damage? all 3rd party stuff allowed
>>
>>44147746
What program are you using? por?!?????
>>
>>44147799
I too make my characters off images i find inspiring. Never used any 3pp tho.

>>44147814
HeroLab.
>>
How would you guys build a Dawnflower Dervish Bard with only Paizo stuff?

I can't decide between going Switch Hitter. Pure Archer and Pure Melee (so I can spend feats on fun stuff like Prodigy or Animal Ally)
>>
File: 1366342220800.jpg (160 KB, 624x897) Image search: [Google]
1366342220800.jpg
160 KB, 624x897
I think the next character I want to make is based off of this

but catfolk monk is so painful to try and make good
>>
>>44147746
Currently playing:
A human sorcerer who thinks he's a wizard, is quite ignorant of the world, has daddy issues on account of his father being a retired cleric who projects his disappointment in him not being a divine caster by saying that he will probably grow up to be a necromancer. Whenever he receives a sending spell from his parents, his dad always implies that he is a cackling master of undeath and he would just as often request to speak to his mother instead.

Want to try but still in the progress of building:
A dex based catfolk combat oracle/cleric of Norgorber, possibly tinkerer archetype
A kitsune enchanter sorcerer that wants to play the great game
A half elf synthesist, may or may not involve guns being used
Some sort of monk/druid combination that does kung fu while animal shaped.
>>
>>44147877
It works really well if your DM allows:

-nimble guardian (possibly combinedwith UMonk).
-unchained Scout Ninja (basically Unchained Rogue taking Ninja as if it was an archetype)
-feral combat training, unnerfed if possible

You just combine all three and you have a pretty nice thing going. URogue gives you Dex to damage with unarmed strikes (ninja gives you CHA Ki pool), FCT lets you apply that to claws, and nimble guardian gives you stat buffs and pounce. It's pretty sweet, and doesn't even take more than about 6 levels to come online.
>>
>>44147810
Ask your GM for Guns Everywhere rule.
>>
File: 1440549933756.jpg (144 KB, 962x627) Image search: [Google]
1440549933756.jpg
144 KB, 962x627
What happens if a Marksman were to use Oubliette of Knives against a row of enemies with a Madsen LMG at 20th?
>>
>>44147810
Gunslinger 1 if Guns Everywhere

What about every other class archetype that gets amateur gunslinger and gunsmith at 1st? Do THEY get gun training instead?

Seems to me they should...
>>
>>44148157
>What about every other class archetype that gets amateur gunslinger and gunsmith at 1st? Do THEY get gun training instead?

Not by RAW, no. It would be a reasonable houserule, though.
>>
If any of the Spheres of Power handbook writers are here, could you please persuade Adam Meyers to come to /pfg/? He is in vast need of a stern lecturing regarding the business model of Spheres of Power at the moment.

The publication schedule lists down five handbooks whose final text manuscripts are due in January: Creation, Enhancement, Time, Warp, and Weather. These are supposed to be 10,000 to 15,000 word documents. Writing began in October, so if they are due in January, then that means each one will have had only *three* months of writing, feedback, playtesting, and polishing.

What is the progress of each handbook so far, assuming they are aiming for 10,000 to 15,000 words?

Creation: 3,659 words. Status: 24.39% to 36.59% complete, one month left to write and playtest it.
Enhancement: 497 words. Status: 3.31% to 4.97% complete, one month left to write and playtest it.
Time: 11,813 words. Status: Effectively complete, but no reports of actual feedback or playtesting so far.
Warp: 2,242 words. Status: 14.95% to 22.42% complete, one month left to write and playtest it.
Weather: 348 words. Status: 2.32% to 3.48% complete, one month left to write and playtest it.

Four out of five of the Spheres handbooks whose final text manuscripts are due in January are not even close to finished, and the one that *is* complete has had no signs of actual feedback or playtesting yet.

We are expected to pay $5 for each of these handbooks. How is this an acceptable state of affairs?
>>
File: 1305211179989.jpg (29 KB, 337x404) Image search: [Google]
1305211179989.jpg
29 KB, 337x404
>>44148319
>Paying for books
>>
>>44147323
Playing "this" what, a werewolf? there are templates since 3.0 for that
>>
>>44148338
Nobody's bothered pirating either of the $5 books they've released.
>>
>>44148414
Definitely agree, I cant say I'm particularly interested in third party content myself.
>>
So, ability to wield large weapons with no penalty or the ability to heal from negative energy as a variant trait for a tiefling antipaladin?
>>
>>44148458
This is /dsp/ general.
>>
>>44148538
Go big or go home. Negative energy isn't always going to be a factor in every fight, but your bigass weapons pretty much will be. Healing isn't as tricky to get as oversized weapons.
>>
>>44148538
Depends on whether your GM rules you can use Touch of Corruption on yourself as a swift action or not. Because that's probably better than an extra 3 points of damage per attack.
>>
>>44148747
Would any GM not allow that? Even if it's not RAW it seems entirely reasonable.
>>
>>44148875
> Even if it's not RAW

You don't play much pathfinder, do you?
>>
>>44148875
Well, he's GMing Pathfinder, so it's entirely possible that "reasonable" is beyond him.
>>
To Gareth, Elric, or any other Dreamscarred Press writers present:

Ultimate Psionics mentions that under default psionics-magic transparency, magic items that affect spells also affect psionics. It also states that feats that affect spells do not affect psionics unless stated otherwise.

Elric had stated in a previous thread that an orange prism ioun stone would raise manifester level. Would a bead of karma also raise manifester level?

What of traits? Do traits that affect spells, such as Gifted Adept and Secret of the Impossible Kingdom, affect psionics?
>>
File: 1247853465.png (3 KB, 203x212) Image search: [Google]
1247853465.png
3 KB, 203x212
>>44148319
Because I'm sure he'd love to come here to get lectured on business by a NEET who backed out of his contract.
>>
>>44148538
Unless you're a Titan Mauler or Titan Fighter that Big Arms tiefling thing isn't gonna do much. Removing the penalty is not the same as changing handedness.

So go with the other one, since you're an antipaladin and not one of the only two archetypes that can actually wield large weapons.
>>
> The group think Bard are underpower and useless

Should I unleash Thundercaller Bard on them? I
>>
About to play my first character that actually uses a weapon. How valuable is a reach weapon, is it worth giving up access to the more damaging ones?
>>
>>44148971
Good if you want to do lots of AoOs
>>
As a gm, should I be concerned that in a game I'm running with full DSP inclusion that I have a player going bard and another going ranger?
I will be using initiators as enemies at least often enough to be a threat.
>>
>>44148940

I was offered a contract but had never signed it.
>>
>>44148993
I'd say have a talk with them, mention that the game is going to be high power-leveled, make sure they're okay with it, and then let them do what they want.

also you should let me join your game
>>
>>44149019
I am hyper critical of some random joining my game, even if it's on, or because it's on, roll20.
I expect a SHITTON of work from the players, and a massive amount of personal initiative and dedication to the game.
Can you offer that?
Would you like me to copypaste the initial promo?
>>
>>44149048
Sure, I'd like to hear it at least, see if it sparks any ideas or so forth.
>>
>>44148993
There's nothing wrong with playing non DSP shit with DSP allowed.
>>
>>44148937

Traits and feats don't affect psionics. ONLY the following things:

>magic item descriptions, spells, spell-like abilities, and magic items that could potentially affect psionics do affect psionics
>dispel magic
>detect magic
>dead magic areas
>>
>>44149062
Time is approximated at 9am-12pm EST, subject to change
Custom Setting, middle magic, middle fantasy in tone
E8-10, pursuant to player input
Pathfinder base rules and character creation, 30pb, 2 traits, with certain traits gained due to Region
Class/feat options are open from 3.5 D&D + Dragon Mag, all Pathfinder products, all Dreamscarred Press products (save Spheres of Power until further notice). In places where conflicting feats exist, Pathfinder/Dreamscarred Press take precedence.
*note: The DM will make fair use of Initiator classes when it comes to foes as well as some personal ideas, so tame your surprise at the new things*
Class are restricted to tier 3/4 choices (if need be, check this - http://pastebin.com/5ekDL471 )
The game will take place over a number of years, perhaps decades, so the Downtime rules will be used.

The setting involves political warfare as it's backdrop, in a mid-sized nation headed by a central regency.
The player characters will all be low/middle nobility from the start, with all the privileges and responsibilities that entails, and it will be up to the individual player to flesh out their family. If you choose not to, then it will be done for you.
Do note, as lower nobility, you are expected to muster to arms when your lords call. Make a noncombatant pc at your peril, telling your lords you aren't a fighter is an admittance of cowardice and insubordination, and will be treated as such, with the highest penalties accorded to you due to your station.
>>44149111
I am worried they will not be able to hold their own in the world, not that there was something inherently wrong with it.
>>
>>44149163
>cont
All players are required to produce a backstory of some light manner, and keep in mind what ambitions you possess, they will be important.
Further, each pc knows, and has had experiences with, the other pcs, all being from the same local capital city. In light of this, I direct each player to write out a short blurb describing an experience with each other pc that WILL be marked as a part of the characters' history. If this conflicts with your character ideas, then perhaps that character is not fit for this game.
While there are many supernatural elements that exist, they are far from being front and center within the setting, with superstition being the norm among the common folk.
The faith in the setting is combination of Animism and Ancestor worship, so for religious classes, theme appropriately.
Note: the nature of Ancestor worship is such that necromancy or bringing back the dead is looked down upon in many instances.
Questions had, place them here to be answered with rapidity .
>>
>>44149163
Spheres of Power isn't Dreamscarred, it's Drop Dead Studios.
>>
>>44149177
Yes, I know, that was pointed out already.
>>
>>44148319
A better way would be to got to the forums he actually frequents, and broach the issue with him.
>>
>>44149163
Sounds interesting (I fucking love worldbuilding and/or playing nobles) - tell me more about the setting?
>>
>>44149209
Adam doesn't go to GiantITP any more.
>>
>>44149163
Why aren't you allowing Spheres of Power?
>>
>>44149241
Huh, he doesn't? What happened with that big Ask thread?
>>
>>44149163
The Ranger might be fucked but a well played Bard is plenty powerful enough to stick in DSP.
>>
>>44148319

While I think its unlikely that Meyers will show up, discussion on playtesting time and release dates has already been happening. Suffice to say we're setting up some more support for playtesting and hopefully getting time to actually playtest in.

And that publication schedule you're looking at is not something I would give much attention or authority to.

On a related note, I'm currently working on the light handbook, and hope to get a version out for some playtesting and review soon.
>>
>>44149234
Central power based on a democratic theocracy, think Roman Senate with a dash of Divine Impetus behind the ruler.
Nation has been under the rule of a single dynasty for nearly 160 years, with each ruler being a Empress. Part and parcel to being empress is being the chosen of the gods, demonstrated by possession of the divine rainments and the support of the Divine Triumvirate, the Kings of the Cardinal Creation, and the Noble Stars.
Nobility under her is the Senate, comprised of the Lords of the Territories, and her personal advisers, the 9 Grey Mystics. Orders are made from top down, handed down to individual nobles to enact.
>that concludes the government
>>44149255
Keeping the power level in place, and SoP isn't a known enough quality for me to stamp out problems.
>>
>>44149336
Also, mechanical question: What do you think of 3.5's binder class?
>>
>>44147257
>>44147270

Can't you take the sibling trait and say you're adopted?
>>
>>44149336
The side power, allied to the government, is the Great Temples and their satellites.
The Temples house the majority of learning, records, and the arts, and it's masters are in charge of the education of the Nobility in the classics. While this gives them incredible influence, the Temples are a fractious lot, and being allied with, and dependent upon, the central government has allowed them to remain at peace with each other, compared to the war they waged among each other for several generations.
>>44149368
I've never seen someone actually PLAY a binder, only dip it. It seems very interesting, like the rest of the book, but I can't comment from personal experience other than that.
>>
File: 1444583056450.png (564 KB, 500x738) Image search: [Google]
1444583056450.png
564 KB, 500x738
>>44147268

>mfw you can ask Paizo how much slaves cost in Qadira
>mfw they can't say Qadira doesn't have slaves since they totally do
>>
>>44149048
>>44149163
>I am hyper critical of some random joining my game, even if it's on, or because it's on, roll20.

When are you going to post this campaign on Roll20? I might give it a gander.
>>
>>44149258

It appears that Adam Meyers does still return to that thread every so often, but only to give very scant responses (or sometimes none at all). His last appearances on the Giant in the Playground forum were on November 21, November 24, and December 4.

I would wager that the holiday system has caused him to become preoccupied.

>>44149310

Does this mean that contracts are being revised so as to allow for more playtesting time and more polishing?

If you are writing the Light sphere handbook, could you please have a look at my criticism of the Death, Enhancement, Fate, Life, and Light spheres here: https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43817719/#43821038 ?

How does the Spheres of Power handbook team intend on giving these spheres a more coherent thematic niche and mechanical niche?

What will you be doing to pull Light away from the bland and unfocused mess that is "everything a 'magician of light' in fantasy could possibly do"? As it currently stands, many Dark and Light talents are thematically interchangeable, and it is *Dark* that can actually heal people rather than Light.

I cannot say I find the "[Dark/Light] conjures [snagging tendrils/chains/damaging energy] made out of [shadow/radiance]" talents very compelling, because they hardly seem sphere-specific at all.
>>
>>44149388
Really? Fuck 'em, Binder is the best.
>>
File: 537f590daf41b173e10521b7638a4a65.png (757 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
537f590daf41b173e10521b7638a4a65.png
757 KB, 1500x1500
>>44149310
>>44149418

Additionally, could you please confirm or deny that Encompassing Light costs no spell points to use?

>Encompassing Light (light)
>You may create bright light that encompasses the glowing creature, allowing it to function as if it were larger than it is. The glowing creature deals damage and gains reach as if it were 1 size category larger than it is. This improves to 2 size categories at 10th caster level, and 3 size categories at 20th caster level.

I have not the foggiest idea what light manipulation has to do with being a big guy, but as it currently stands, Encompassing Light is free size categories for the entire party with none of the drawbacks.
>>
>>44149379
WHY MUST YOU RUIN THINGS?
Actually, its still kind of hot
>>
>>44149413
When I have at least 3 players guaranteed that I know.
No, I don't want a bunch of sellout noshows in my game, it's why I didn't want to run this on roll20 to begin with.
Yes, I will be a goddamn dictator until I trust you, and if I get a whiff of bullshit, I will boot you rather than have you shit up my game like the Scion game I'm in where some fucking white boy called himself Japanese and made an awful asian stereotype character, not know the GM is Chinese.
You fuckers post emails, I'll hit you up.
If you don't, fuck you both, and that is where it will end.
>>
>>44149482
Brand, is that you
>>
>>44149163
>Time is approximated at 9am-12pm EST, subject to change

Is that on Sunday, or a weekday? And when you say it's subject to change, you talking an hour shift, or possibly going to 9pm-12am?
>>
>>44149487
No, son, I'm a goddamn *REDACTED*.
>>44149520
>Is that on Sunday, or a weekday?
Saturday. When I say subject to change, I mean maybe 10am-2pm or some shit.
>>
>>44149418
I think its unlikely that the contracts will be much if at all revised, but I believe the deadlines listed in them - and on the schedule you're looking at - should be taken more as a deadline for a first draft.

But things are still in flux at the moment, and different authors will have different approaches, so I can't make too many comments on structure with certainty.

As for the light handbook, I do agree that its thematics are a bit weird, and I've been striving to include as many effects as I can that actually make scientific sense for light, and at least stick to understandable thematics outside of that. I'm not terribly interested in releasing much along the lines of encompassing light, though I find something like revealing light to be more acceptable, given that its more of a direct extension of what light does, even if metaphorically.

On the other hand, I will likely be including light ideas beyond just visible light. I'm definitely interested in the idea of radiation, for one.

>>44149444
Encompassing light doesn't necessarily require a spell point to use. However, it is not free size categories for the entire party, because you have to concentrate to create bright light. If you want to put bright light on someone without concentrating, you need to spend a spell point.
>>
>>44149531
Shit, I can't do Saturdays.

Also apologies for the confusion, you remind me of a friend of mine.
>>
What's a good way to play as a transmutationist wizard? I'm just starting out, and getting involved in a game where the GM's given us 25 points for stats. Transmutation seems to be a popular school on /tg/ so I thought I'd give it a try, but I usually go for more offensive characters in games in general, so I might switch to something like Evocation or Conjuration. Any suggestions?
>>
Still trying to make an Asmodean Monk, here is the gist I have so far. Still need general monk advice.

Lawful Evil Human Female Unchained Monk
Hamatulatsu Master archetype
Dual Talent
Scholar of the Great Beyond (planes)
*insert campaign trait*
STR 17 DEX 14 CON 14 INT 12 WIS 16 CHA 7

Level 1: Belier's Bite
Level 1B: Weapon Focus Unarmed
Level 2B: Improved Grapple
Level 3: Ascetic Style (retrain Weapon Focus Unarmed into Cestus prior to this)
Level 4: Qinggong for Barkskin Ki Power
Level 5: Toughness?, Flying Kick
Level 6B: Hamatulatsu, ?? Ki Power?
Level 7: Hamatula Strike
Level 8: ?? Ki Power?
Level 9: Greater Grapple, ?? Style Strike?
Level 10B: Impaling Critical, ?? Ki Power?

The idea is to take advantage of Ascetic Style to have monk unarmed damage with a 17-20/x2 cestus with impaling critical. Hamatula Strike usage is planned to be Flurry of Blows into a grapple, and then releasing the grapple on my next turn and then flurrying to regrapple, effectively neutering the opponents turn, while still giving me my flurry attacks.

I'm aware of the Scorpion shenanigans I can have with a rope-dart thanks to Hamatula Strike now as well, and plan to use that, provided the DM is fine with it.

I've never played a monk before, and most of the "guides" seem kind of poor, so I could really use some advice regarding the build itself, as well as ki powers, and style strikes. Hell, even items.
>>
>>44149531
>Saturday. When I say subject to change, I mean maybe 10am-2pm or some shit.

Your game sounds tight and the attitude towards newcomers is expected, but damn if that time isn't killer for joining up.
>>
File: moGi96u.jpg (48 KB, 530x800) Image search: [Google]
moGi96u.jpg
48 KB, 530x800
Why was way of the wicked so shit? It started off so strong and around level 10 it just shit the bed. The Phoenix /Angel fight was cool, but that was it. It felt like a cakewalk, and the story was magical realm as fuck. Why /tg/ why
>>
>>44149586

>should be taken more as a deadline for a first draft.
When I was still on board this project, Adam Meyers had made it crystal-clear that the deadlines were for final manuscripts.

Is that effectively being changed without actually revising the contracts, then?

>I've been striving to include as many effects as I can that actually make scientific sense for light
Could you perhaps share some examples? Visual illusions immediately come to mind, but that is the province of the Illusion sphere; I imagine you could create a mirage-themed archetype for a class or two.

>I'm definitely interested in the idea of radiation, for one.
Under Paizo logic, radiation falls under the purview of the Earth domain.

>you have to concentrate to create bright light
To my understanding, the (light) talents that create bright light do so on their own.

Otherwise, talents such as this:
>Beacon of Hope (light)
>When you place a glow effect on a creature, you may choose to grant that creature a +1 morale bonus on saves against fear. This bonus increases by 1 for every 5 caster levels possessed.
>You may spend a spell point to create bright light that empowers those within it. All creatures within the area of bright light gain a +1 morale bonus on saves against fear, +1 per 5 caster levels.

Would be near-useless due to their heavy point costs for creating the bright light associated with them.

This is also why Bound Light was given errata: it was at-will otherwise.

Am I misunderstanding?
>>
>>44149597
I wish you the best, then, anon.
>>44149655
I work a third shift job. I'd have it earlier, if I could.
>>
>>44149711
You too.

It's a pity, your game sounds really neat. But shit happens.
>>
Because I'm a terribly stupid person, I asked my GM if I could use this: http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Iron_Juggernaut_%283.5e_Equipment%29

We're using armor as DR rules, and I've managed to pick up a massive axe, basically rolling around as an RPG-boss styled martial.

However, because of the armor, all my movement is presumably difficult terrain. To help with it I plan to use PoW strikes to make better use of the standard actions, but I'm trying to find any Teleportation options that I can to help. I know there's a couple for Veiled Moon, and some higher level ones out of Shattered Mirror, but I'm not sure what else there is.

Anyone know anything, 3.5, 3pp, or otherwise?
>>
>>44149750
Shadow Hand, ToB, but you need some levels to have it scale.
>>
File: 1444232863823.jpg (178 KB, 640x758) Image search: [Google]
1444232863823.jpg
178 KB, 640x758
>>44149163
>>44149531

>his campaign sounds great
>but it's at 9am-12pm
>but that's fine if it's on a weekday
>but it's on Saturday

Fuck, good luck with the campaign dude, hope to hear some stories of it on the Generals some time.
>>
File: 1446323734250.jpg (19 KB, 239x207) Image search: [Google]
1446323734250.jpg
19 KB, 239x207
>>44149750
>Armor as DR

Get the fuck out of there you fuck.
>>
>>44149804
It's armor doubling as DR on top of it giving AC, man.
>>
>>44149798
>>44149726
>>44149655
Alright, let me ask this:
Why are you lot finding this campaign so interesting?
The backstory? The setting? The character possibilities?
>>
>>44149816
Is the Path of War feat that give you Dex to damage allowed? If not then I'd say that Dexterity based melee builds are even more fucked than they are now.
>>
>>44149586

Also on the topic of the Light sphere, you could perhaps have a Light/Nature talent that allows the Light sphere to augment plants via photosynthesis, and perhaps even a sphere druid archetype themed around such.

I imagine Destruction/Light would be an obvious choice for shooting lasers.

Dark/Light would satisfy the dreams chuunibyou teenagers the world over, as they can walk the twilit path.

Light/Weather could have talents and/or an archetype themed after solar power.
>>
>>44149834
Backstory (everyone gets to play as (minor) movers and shakers, with plenty of opportunity to build your own legacy, both before and after the game) and possibilities, mostly. Setting's cool too, though.
>>
>>44149163
What starting level?

>Dragon Mag
You know people are going to take Faerie Mysteries Initiate, right?
>>
>>44149863c>>44149863
Stuff like that is amazing. Our DM has been connecting campaigns since we started playing, building lore around our characters and thier past
>>
Garret-Sempai why does Solar Wind suck anus?
>>
>>44149840
Pretty sure we're using a houserule that lets you just get Dex to damage natively if you get finesse, with 1.5x on 2h
>>
>>44149863
Hmm, cool.
>>44149894
2, I think.
>FMI
I'm not particularly concerned with that. They start getting loud, they might find some Broken Blade masters out to challenge them to duels.
>Duels, also known as Siskur-Dah after one of the Triumvirate, are incredibly important to the culture of the setting
>>
>>44149909
Because they built it off the assumption that ranged styles are really strong as a base, but seemingly forgot that the style doesn't really DO full attacks, which is the primary thing that ranged characters actually use to be good.
>>
>>44149681
>Is that effectively being changed without actually revising the contracts, then?
That is my understanding, and its more how it has been working out anyway.

>Examples
I've been shying away from stuff that would overlap too much with illusion, but I've included talents based off of heat stroke, and sensory overload. I have a talent that works like blur, justified by making someone too bright to look at. And I've made a few talents that are just new shapes for light, similar to how illuminate works.
I do have some stranger uses of light as well though, such as being able to partially turn into light, or lure people with a light (inspired by anglerfish and such).

>Am I misunderstanding?
Yes.
The design and costs of existing light talents and effects are definitely a concern of mine. For one, I think by saying 'near useless' you're being kind to Beacon of Hope.

>>44149854
You know, I already have a trait inspired by photosynthesis and somehow the nature/druid ideas still didn't come to me. Definitely taking note of that.

Lasers are already being considered (right now I'm mainly handling it as a feat that changes how destructive blast operates), as well as a Light/Dark based archetype.
>>
>>44149840
Actually, wait, why bring up dex-based melee? The build in question is a Siege Axe using 2h heavy armor guy.
>>
>>44149958
Further, this will have some battlefield situations, where being able to hit hard and survive doesn't help against archer ambushes that are reflex based, or my favorite, rocks fall, someone is gonna die.
>>
>>44147877
>kahjit has many faces to punch and curtains to shred
>>
>>44149963

Heat stroke and sensory overload are sensible for the Light sphere. I am not too sure about blur effects or partially transforming into light, because such talents are not particularly light-specific and could even be Dark sphere talents.

I think that if a Light sphere talent could be reflavored into a Dark sphere talent without much effort, it is probably not that good a basis for a Light sphere talent.

>The design and costs of existing light talents and effects are definitely a concern of mine. For one, I think by saying 'near useless' you're being kind to Beacon of Hope.
How do you intend on addressing the idiosyncratic spell point costs of the Light sphere, then? Light is one of the more poorly internally balanced spheres in the book.

Another sphere combination you could consider is Life/Light, channeling the power of the positive energy plane both to heal and to explode enemies by over-healing them.

Enhancement/Light (or perhaps Light/Warp) could handle "speed of light"-like effects.

>>44149958

I would warn against using high-powered effects to counter high-powered effects, since that is a surefire way to turn a game into an optimization race, even for a tier 3 game.

I would join you, but I could not possibly play in such a time slot.
>>
>>44149958
>2, I think.
>not 3-5

Game dropped. Rusty dagger shank town is awful.
>>
>>44149958
Low levels are going to be all about the Path of War guys exploding everything.
>>
>>44149163
Man, this sounds great. I'd love to try it out but I don't know shit about DSP.
>>
>>44150042
>I would warn against using high-powered effects to counter high-powered effects, since that is a surefire way to turn a game into an optimization race, even for a tier 3 game.
Those beings already exist, period. The masters of the temples are all high level masters of each of the schools, and due to the focus of society of dueling, there is honor to be found in not only finding, and beating, a Young Dragon, but further honor in becoming their new teacher.
>>44150052
>bitching that a game that is slated to take place over the course of 100 years or so, featuring young nobles trying to make a name for themselves, has you start out at the beginning
>in a game that is E8 period
>>44150079
Stop acting like I don't know what the classes I greenlit can do, especially since the enemies can occasionally do the same. I intend for people to be very mortal in this game, and this include the players. If the players want to take on a military unit of 24 or so men, 6 of them being initiators of some stripe, they are welcome to, but they will learn that good for the goose is good for the gander.
Even then, not every problem can be punched. Politics is going to be very, very important, and if you decide to not play the game, you will be the victim of those who do.
>>44150125
You don't need to, I need to.
You can read what is there to have an idea of what is on the table, however.
>>
>>44150138
>The masters of the temples are all high level masters of each of the schools
They don't have to use prenerf Broken Blade.
>>
>>44150156
The masters break the E8 level cap, as does a few other figures in the setting, even tho they themselves rarely muster to battle.
>Hint: Do not pursue Lu Bu
>>
>>44150138
>>44150181
What's the point of E8 in tier 3/4? It does nothing. You're not fixing anything.
>>
>>44150138
>Politics is going to be very, very important, and if you decide to not play the game, you will be the victim of those who do.

Does spamming Rumormonger with a Charlatan count as playing the politics game?
>>
>>44149163
This could be very interesting, how would we apply for this?
>>
>>44150190
Uh, it's not about fixing anything.
I want to keep hp bloat in check so lower level line troops are still a factor in battle.
>>44150216
Outside of sundering your territory's political base via infighting and distrust while other territories circle like vultures, yes, it does. It simple won't end the way you think it will.
>>44150221
Drop your email.
Did you read the second part, because it is literally there as a firewall against wannabes not worth my time.
>>
>>44150138
The campaign sounds pretty awesome. Shame I've hated every experience I've had with E6 and E8 though. Good luck with your game.
>>
>>44150247
Rumormonger is great for PR and shilling people!
>>
>>44150266
>The campaign sounds pretty awesome
I keep getting that.
>Shame I've hated every experience I've had with E6 and E8 though
I've noticed that people seem to have a problem with not having their levels shoot into the sky. Fortunately, I need not have to deal with them, they generally see themselves out. Yes, I set the barrier high on purpose.
>>44150288
Assuming it works the way you want among a group of paranoid nobles, or that outside parties won't be doing the same thing you are.
Politics is vicious.
>>
>>44150315
So, got it, you're going to be an asshat to discourage people that aren't autistic to apply and end up with people like 2hufag and Virt who don't listen to a damn thing you said.
>>
>>44150288
Rumormonger is strictly more powerful than the Vigilante's Renown system.
>>
>>44150315
You sound like an elitist asshat who passive-aggressively shuts down PCs if they "get too strong" under a paranoid definition of "strong."
>>
>>44150315
I've played E6 before. A lot of the feats seem to be based on stopping at 6, like the Rage power thing that lets you take an 8th level required rage power or whatever. Would that thing just go up to 12th level rage powers in your game?
>>
What's the most overpowered character youve played?
>>
To Gareth, Elric, or any other Dreamscarred Press writers who would like to field another psionics question: How does the Adapt Body psionic power interact with planar environments?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/a/adapt-body

Does Adapt Body let you avoid the damage and negative levels of the a major negative-dominant plane? What of the fire damage of a fire-dominant plane?

For comparison, here is Planar Adaptation, another 5th-level, "Targets: you" spell:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/planar-adaptation

>>44150315

It sounds as though you would prefer to handle options you view as overpowered through in-game means. I think that it would be healthier for the group if you were to simply tell the group, "I apologize, but X option simply is not appropriate for this specific campaign," rather than adversarially going, "Yes, you can take Faerie Mysteries Initiate, but expect to face pre-errata Broken Blade masters" or "Yes, you can take Rumormonger early, but it will not function the way you think it will function."
>>
>>44148458
>Only grabbing stuff from one company rather than playing with all the good content.
Why aren't you hanging out on the paizo boards, with the other paizo-fans?
>>
>>44150587
>Any environmental feature that normally directly deals 1 or more dice of damage per round deals you only half the usual amount of damage.
I'd say the fire damage of a fire-dominant plane is an environmental feature.
>>
What's your favorite paizo adventure path?

Assume all 3pp is allowed and the GM is competent enough to fill any blatant holes.
>>
>>44150801

Kingmaker and Skull and Shackles. I like Hells Rebels for the new Hellknight order. I am hoping Hells Vengeance is amazing.
>>
>>44149804
What's wrong with armor as DR?
>>
>>44150801
RotRL.

The first half of Second Darkness was pretty good, too.

The remainder have been disappointing.
>>
>>44150886
implemented worse than the Unearthed Arcana variant rule of the same name?
>>
I want to bully a drow!
>>
>>44150956
Oh. I meant, as a general concept. No specific implementation. UA would have been where I'd have looked for that. I hadn't realized Paizo did Armor as DR with different rules.
>>
>>44150801
Skull & Shackles for pirate shenanigans. I'm hoping and praying that Hell's Vengeance will be as awesome as it promises to be.
>>
>>44150973
Has anyone tried using UA Spell Points for casters in Pathfinder?
>>
>>44150980
Ultimate Combat page 191.
>>
>>44150980
There's nothing wrong with it as a general concept. It's just tricky to implement well in 3.x without making lots of other changes as well.
>>
>>44151044
Fair enough. All of my experience with Armor as DR in a d20 system is in d20 Conan, which is designed with it as the only option, and AC based on level advancement, baked into each class.
>>
>>44150840
>>44150989
I loved running S&S. It was a lot of fun, especially once we started using the kingmaker rules for their pirate ports and threw out half the main plotline.

>>44150917
RotRL was loads of fun. I haven't looked at second darkness, though. I'll have to give it a read-through.
>>
>>44147242
So did that Big Guy DSP class win the commission vote

Also, what's the best way to get the most out of an animal companion? Is Hunter worth the BaB drop to get a couple level's worth?
>>
>>44147269
What, like a withdraw action?
Or you could just charge in the opposite direction
Remember, you're not retreating. You're Advancing towards the rear
>>
>>44151126

Yes. One of my contacts and I will be presenting the "big guy" to Dreamscarred Press under the guise of a "planar warrior"-themed set of class options (potentially as akashic veils, surely including a mask, if Ssalarn is available), as I explain here:
>>44108442
>>44108458
>>44108522
>>44109097
>>
>>44147269
A charge ends in a melee attack. Best you have is a move and attack action.
>>
>>44151112
>threw out half the main plotline.

We sandboxed a lot of our SandS run too. Yo ho hoing around was just too much fun.
>>
>>44150801
Age of Worms, even if it shat on sneak attackers.
>>
>>44151229
>Age of Worms
>Good
Well okai then.
>>
>>44150801
>What's your favorite paizo adventure path?

Jade Regent, with honorable mentions going to Reign of Winter and Skulls & Shackles.
>>
>>44150989
>>44150840

Speaking of Hell's Vengeance, when are we getting the Player's Guide? I hear they're introducing an "Evil Iconic" Party along with all sorts of archetypes for the Antipaladin (Such as a class that is more or less >Implying)

Shit, I even heard you start off in the cells of a local town, so there's a good chance a campaign trait will be something to the effect of "Village Asshole."
>>
>>44151263
Great fluff (built out if AD&D greyhawk fluff that's ten times better than anything in golarion, at least), a fun enough save the world plot, lots of places to go, and generally worthwhile.

It has issues of throwing too many undead creatures around, and generally some enemies need to be reworkee, but a DM who isn't actively reworking an AP he's running to fit his game is a shit DM anyway so that's irrelevant.
>>
>>44150602
Why do you get so defensive when people express their opinion?
>>
>>44151328
Not defensive. Just fucking with you for being weird. You have to at least admit you're in the minority on this issue, in this place.
>>
>>44151297
>implying

The Insinuator, it's in Agents of Evil, apparently it's an option to really customize the Antipaladin to a PCs needs, including bypass the CE restriction.
>>
Am I better off with an 18~20 x2 crit weapon or a x3 crit weapon?
>>
>>44151298
Well my experience was when I was playing with some guy's druid alternative that had a spirit creature from the ethereal plane, a warmage and me who was a regular ass TOME fighter. Anyways we go up to this cave, kill some assholes and things go on well enough I suppose. Then we meet up with this spirit asshole, who our DM flat out told us would murder a party member who wouldn't do his stupid fetch quest with his possession powers. Thankfully the druid-man's spirit create was chasing him down and bullying him so he didn't do anything bad. Yet we couldn't dig our way into the last cave session unless we do a pointless side quest. At least until the next session where the DM just said fuck it and gave us some rather boring exposition. Then we went to a bar and murdered some closet trolls, who the warmage killed off and I just sort of face tanked. Anyways we kill them before we even bothered to talk with them, get a note about some necromancer asshole and kill him instead.

Deal is that the fucking closet trolls were essentially fighter assholes that were level 2 or some shit against the party's level 1 assholes. We bumped up our levels to 5 and got up to level 6 rather quickly. However in most situations, people would've died if the GM wasn't an idiot. So...yeah. Railroady, lots of awful fetish wank about gore and other such stupidity and banality.
>>
>>44151412
18-20/x2 means you crit 3 times as often (which means a few more instances of critting for +100% damage, for an effective +300% of your attack damage across all die rolls) whereas x3 means you have a +200% damage on a 20 (which means +200% of your attack damage across all die rolls).

It's far more complicated than that but that's the gist of ti.
>>
>lore spirit shaman has a hex that l let's you confuse anyone once equal to your CL
Is it good?
>>
>>44151412
>>44151455
the gist of it, even.

Also, critting more often means the on-a-crit effects you have come up more often, and most on-a-crit effects don't scale with your weapon's critical multiplier, which is the real decider of whether 18-20 or x4 is better (it's the threat range).
>>
>>44151412
18-20 is definitely better. Even 19-20 is generally better than 20/x3. Statistics are generally on the PCs side, so anything that makes things less swingy is good. And that's BEFORE you start adding rider effects to your crits(which, most of the time, do not interact with crit multiplier at all). So crit range > multiplier unless you run into situations where you only hit on a nat 20 a lot.
>>
>>44151479
>>44151503
I'm definitely going for either Metal or Battle revelation then.

By the way, is it worth taking rider effects for a reach oracle?
>>
>>44151536

If you're doing reach and can get a fauchard, go for it, otherwise, no.
>>
>>44151413
Sounds like your dm sucks, then. That couldn't be further from my experience playing or running it.
>>
Speaking of critical multipliers, what are some solutions for making critical multipliers as useful as critical threat range?
>>
>>44150840
>>44150989
>>44151112
Skull and Shackles for me was quite an experience. Around the second book, our group got particularly involved with the Deck of Many Things. My GM made his own version of the Deck, and after several card pulls later it got to the point where a war between angels and undead was happening in the Shackles. It got so bad we all just kinda retconned that, then we got attacked by black Jews, one of which had a map tattooed on his back. After that we just made an entire new crew just to get the story back on rails.
>>
>>44151748
Coup de grace is the main one I can think of. Maybe you grapple, tie them up and kill them that way

There's inherently an overkill problem with the higher multiplier weapons. you often end up dumping that extra damage on a target that would have died to a x2 crit. so spreading them out is typically better.
>>
File: 1422179795241.jpg (23 KB, 337x372) Image search: [Google]
1422179795241.jpg
23 KB, 337x372
>>44151778
>one of which had a map tattooed on his back

Wait a second.

Isn't the tattoo supposed to be on the back of Isabella? The voluptuous fish-girl that tries to fuck the party up?
>>
>>44151887
Nope, it was a Synthesist Summoner that grew several noses with bludgeoning damage.
>>
File: 1247853405.png (3 KB, 178x218) Image search: [Google]
1247853405.png
3 KB, 178x218
>>44151906
>>
>>44150801
I want to say Reign of Winter, but then I remember the entirety of Book 3 and cringe.
So Rise of the Runelords.
>>
>>44152086
Unfortunately we've put the campaign on hiatus because we have absolutely no connection to Book 1 so he may have to rig the plot again.
>>44152101
What's cringey about it without any spoilers? My group just got to Iobaria. This isn't the same GM as my Skull and Shackles game.
>>
>>44150344
>>44150442
Did you not see the tagline that said, "I am a tyrant, but not an asshole"? I am not having a bunch of fucktards screw my game up, and if it means some random anons on /tg/ don't like it, the fucks do I give?
>>44150443
PF works on E8 officially, 3.5 was E6. If the power allows you to take higher leveled abilities, then yes. If not, no.
>>44150587
They need not "expect" to face high leveled, fairly optimized initiators, I already told my current players this outright. They can also expect to face entire groups of nothing but mixed initiators at their own level, sometimes higher, sometimes lower.
Further, I like to use the same tricks the players do. Have you ever used Rumourmonger against pcs on a nation-wide scale in organic politics?
>likely not, YOU don't run games, nor could I ever see you succeeding in a game like this given your inclinations
>>
>>44152127
>What's cringey about it without any spoilers?

You know how Paizo has a habit of squirting progressive shit into their campaigns in the form of a gay couple here or a trans woman there?

Remember how books 1 and 2 of RoW had little in the way of progressive shit? Well, Book 3 is where they jam the turkey baster in there and start smashing.
>>
>>44152169
>Remember how books 1 and 2 of RoW had little in the way of progressive shit? Well, Book 3 is where they jam the turkey baster in there and start smashing.
As a GM, I just remove that shit and replace it with more palatable content. It doesn't serve any purpose but make the players think the campaign is stupid.
>>
File: 1446854088219.jpg (102 KB, 791x786) Image search: [Google]
1446854088219.jpg
102 KB, 791x786
>mfw there is a thread on the Paizo forums, right now, talking about Mengkare and Hermea
>mfw they're unironically claiming Mengkare *has* to be tarnished or a blue in disguise, because he's running a nightmare society straight out of Orwell
>mfw even James Jacobs is in the thread, laying it on really thick how he yearns for that Lawful Good lizard to be wrong and the Chaotic Goods of society are right.

>mfw Mr. Bubbles in the most recent post is mocking JJ by saying a society can't live on spunky Chaotic Good rebel feelings.
>>
>>44152133
>PF works on E8 officially, 3.5 was E6. If the power allows you to take higher leveled abilities, then yes. If not, no.

I'm sorry, that's unparsable.
>>
>>44152208
I thought citizenship in Hermea was voluntary?
>>
>>44152200
You literally travel through The Dungeons of Femininity though. That's the entirety of Book 3, "Maiden Mother Crone".
>>
>>44152208
pls link
>>
>>44152200
>As a GM, I just remove that shit and replace it with more palatable content.

What, by switching around pronouns and sexual organs?
>>
>>44152208
I have a really hard time buying that Mengkare is good in any sense of the word, but that doesn't mean James Jacobs is right either.

Also, link?
>>
>>44152243

It is voluntary, but once you get on the island you can never get off. This is the part where people think it's become a nightmare Orwellian society, that the "human right of free travel" is being infringed upon.

>>44152252
>>44152257

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2swhb?About-Promise-and-Mengkare
>>
>>44152256
As the case may be, yes. Or just scrap the character and replace it if its that egregious.
>>
File: 1394047397318.png (3 KB, 194x205) Image search: [Google]
1394047397318.png
3 KB, 194x205
>>44152303

Mind giving some examples of characters you've switched? Every AP has a gay couple, but not every gay couple feels that ham-fisted.
>>
>>44152282
see
this is actually worse
>Nope. Alignments can be assigned to anything. Be they people, regions, planes, magic items, and so on. The system is very versatile.
What a fucking idiot.
Alignements is one of the worst things from 3.x
>>
>>44152236
I found it completely intelligible.

It's Pathfinder, so he's doing E8 rather than E6, with the "Level 8 capstones" as final abilities of each class.

If you can somehow take a power that would normally be accessible to higher level characters, and you somehow qualify for it, then you get the power.

'Nuff Said.
>>
>>44152251

What was the point of those dungeons, anyway? It's been a while since I've played so I've sort of forgotten, but I distinctly remember there was even an Elf that turned himself into a woman because "the raw femininity of this place is just so powerful, I couldn't help but become one with it."
>>
>>44152133

>YOU don't run games

From May 2013 to December 2014, I had not run any games.
From December 2014 to May 2015, I GMed about three six-hour-time-slot sessions a week.
From May to October, I hosted four six-hour-time-slot sessions a week.
Since October, I have slowed back down to three six-hour-time-slot sessions a week, although the holidays have been dipping it down to twice a week at times.

Despite all this, I am still not a very experienced or talented GM at all. My games have had countless rough spots, and I earnestly believe that I run more unappealing sessions than good sessions. Still, I constantly try to improve by hearing out the brutally honest complaints of my players and trying to address those concerns.

In any event, it seems that your response to contextually overpowered PC options is to fight back with your own high-powered options, hence why I said earlier:
>I think that it would be healthier for the group if you were to simply tell the group, "I apologize, but X option simply is not appropriate for this specific campaign."

It is certainly less passive-aggressive and adversarial than going, "Fine, take Rumormonger if you want, but I will be using it too." And if you intended on using Rumormonger against the PCs even if no PCs take it themselves, then you are essentially punishing them for not having taken a "nuclear option" in a political campaign.
>>
>>44152332

The thing that bothers me with that statement is JJ is looking at things through a lens, that things NEED to have an alignment because alignments exist.

What makes this even worse is alignments allow companies to assign things as large as countries or as vague as ideas with "this is GOOD" or "this is BAD."
>>
>>44152336
Basically Baba Yaga fucking around because she can
>>
>>44152380
So Baba Yaga as usual.
>>
>>44152282
Holy kek I've just dove in but already this guy is either barely literate or ESL, smirking down his nose at people in his opening post, and coming in with a poor grasp of Communism. And one of his replies is a total /his/terectomy spouting the ever popular "Russia and China weren't really Communists." I can't wait to reach JJ's bullshit.
>>
>>44152336
I think it was built to keep watch on Kostchtchie in case he tried to start any more shit. Something like that.
>>
>>44152334
You found it able to be understood because you had context.
>>
>>44152412
Baba Yaga is best waifu.
>>
Anything to know about Curse of the Crimson Throne?
>>
>>44152506
The throne is cursed.
>>
>>44152257
He's Lawful Neutral at worst but he's far from Evil. Only short-sighted hippie freedom fighters think that structure and planning for the future is wrong.
>>
>>44152515
I heard it was crimson too
>>
>>44152506
There's a lot of city stuff, except for that one book where there's a lot of undead stuff
>>
>>44152523
He wants to create perfect people
that is far from evil
>>
>>44152515
The name itself is almost totally irrelevant to the actual story, oddly enough.
>>
>>44152506

There is a cute short-haired blonde you rescue later on in the book, she makes a fantastic waifu.
>>
>>44152523
>Only short-sighted hippie freedom fighters think that structure and planning for the future is wrong.

That's what a lot of people are arguing in the thread, anon. That Mengkare throwing out the trash and making sure everyone loves the Glorious Endeavor is somehow "wrong."
>>
>>44152585
>not waifuing Ileosa
Plebeian.
>>
I'm a complete fucking nub at Pathfinder and I find myself struggling at times to decide what path to take.

Currently got three levels in Rogue and two in Bard, lean heavy on Diplomacy and Bluff.

What are some feats that I could find useful?
>>
>>44152523
It's more the implied/overt racism that I have issue with. I posted a few of my issues before a few generals back.

>What happens to babies born on Hermea that are Tiefling or possess some other undesirable traits?

>Why are only elves and half elves specifically mentioned as being brought to the island for extra breeding purposes? Aasimar, Suli, Elemental-kin, even Orcs have useful traits that would be great to introduce into the human genepool.

>How is nobody taking issue with their children being kicked off the island for not being up to snuff? I mean, they're supposed to be the goodest of the good and the best of the best, but none of them have the compassion and love for their family to stand up to being forcibly separated from their children?

There's just a lot of holes that don't paint Hermea in a good light. Maybe somebody can post these questions in that thread and see if we can't scrounge up an answer from JJ while he's still got his CG boner high.
>>
>>44152627
Depends on what you want to do with your feats.
>>
>>44151297
>when are we getting the Player's Guide?

After Hell's Rebels concludes.
>>
>>44152657

I'm inclined to lean less on combat stuff since the rest of the group really has that covered. Are there specific feats that give big bonuses to social stuff?
>>
File: Trinia01.jpg (8 KB, 240x413) Image search: [Google]
Trinia01.jpg
8 KB, 240x413
>>44152623

>Implying Trinia isn't the cutest thing ever
>>
File: 1364863953892.png (267 KB, 717x533) Image search: [Google]
1364863953892.png
267 KB, 717x533
In a couple weeks I'll be running a game with Path of War for the first time. The party is going to have a Warlord and a Stalker, although they haven't worked out anything more specific than class/race (human) yet.

What should I be ready for, compared to a game without PoW? Like as a DM, am I going to have to handle encounter or dungeon design differently to account for the PoW martials? There's no one in the game playing a martial that isn't a PoW martial, but there are casters around.
>>
>>44152767
Was this the lesbian? Or am I thinking of someone else?
>>
>>44152778
PoW1 = unbalanced
PoW1 low levels = ridiculously unbalanced
>>
>>44152823

I think that was one of the Gray Maidens.
>>
>>44152778
You might want to beef up some bosses, perhaps make other martial enemies into Initiators.

Other than that, it should be good, as long as your enemies aren't just idiot cannon fodder

>>44152838
Nice meme hombre
>>
>>44152778
Higher damage potential. Compared to normal martials, stances and boosts(and strikes before iteratives come into play) can add a LOT of damage.
>>
>>44152838
No more unbalanced than a Barbarian
>>
File: PF Trinia.jpg (47 KB, 792x1068) Image search: [Google]
PF Trinia.jpg
47 KB, 792x1068
>>44152767
>>44152823
>>
>>44152913
>dem breeding hips
Noice
>>
File: RooftopChase.jpg (244 KB, 941x635) Image search: [Google]
RooftopChase.jpg
244 KB, 941x635
>>44152913

Trinia is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>44152913
those pants really bother me, not gonna lie.
>>
File: 1392017549161.png (22 KB, 234x200) Image search: [Google]
1392017549161.png
22 KB, 234x200
>>44152913
>>44152767

>tfw I knew a girl in High School that looked exactly like this.
>>
>>44152948
Stop raping her in your mind you facistoid rapebeast!
>>
>>44152974

Which is a shame, really, since that top is actually kind of cute for her build.

I know they tried to go for the whole "urban artist" thing for her, which usually means skintight "jeans", but I think she'd look better with something a little baggy, girl's a twig but she has some good hips, might as well emphasize those while masking the chicken legs.
>>
>>44152980
>raping
Nonsense, I'm imagining consensual intercourse between two lawfully wedded adults for the purposes of romance, bonding, and procreation, with her at the lead. Only a sick antipaladin would be so degenerate to fantasize about rape
>>
>>44152858
I distinctly remember a lesbian bard or something
>>
Can we talk about Antipaladin being a retarded idea from every angle yet?
>>
>>44153084

They're actually going to only become *mildly* retarded with Hell's Vengeance and the new archetypes.

Like, Forrest Gump-tier retarded.
>>
>>44153084
Explain further.
>>
>>44153084
>dissing Thean Tagonist
Pleb
>>
>>44153083

Mind posting any names or how they were described as a lesbian, or even what book it was from? I'm fine with looking through my copy here for confirmation.
>>
>>44153084
Thean Tagonist is the best iconic you plebian.
Also the new archetype sounds really great so far.
>>
>>44153109
>>44153129
>suggesting Thean Tagonist actually has antipaladin levels and isn't just a single-classed fighter
>>
>>44152362
>it seems that your response to contextually overpowered PC options is to fight back with your own high-powered options
That are setting appropriate, not created for the sole existence of going after the pcs.
>And if you intended on using Rumormonger against the PCs even if no PCs take it themselves, then you are essentially punishing them for not having taken a "nuclear option" in a political campaign
Which will be just as rare and fraught with peril for the npcs as the pcs.
Is it the nature of these threads to assume the absolute worst of any GM at all times?
>>
>>44152865
>>44152888
Okay, more damage is what I expected. Would it be unreasonable to treat the party as if they were a higher level when I'm sitting there trying to decide what CR I want a fight to be? Or would it be better to just give some enemies inflated HP?

I don't tend to run enemies and idiotic cannon fodder, unless they actually are idiotic cannon fodder (goblins, mindless undead, etc). I prefer to run them with some amount of tactical sense, and prefer to throw a group of weaker enemies or a couple normal enemies at the players than a single powerful enemy.

As far as buffing the bosses, I figured making some of them into initiators would be appropriate, but I am slightly worried that they might just nuke a PC. Although... That is part of the game, and I guess it's not like a boss shouldn't have a reasonable chance at dropping a PC.

>>44152767
>>44152913
Funny story, I was playing through CotCT and we got to where we saved this chick. My character had a shack hidden away in the Shingles that he use to live in, and he offered to let Trinia stay there and lay low for a while, with the promise that he'd visit once in a while to check in on her. We never actually got much further in the campaign before it had to end, but I was totally planning on waifuing her. A few months later, I'm browsing /pfg/ and I see a picture of her for the first time, because the DM hadn't shown us the art of her from the book. She looks pretty much exactly like a female version of my PC, even down to the style of their outfit. A few minor differences, but they pretty much could have passed for siblings. It was very amusing when I found out, and when I showed the art to the people I had been playing with, they also agreed that she looked basically like a female version of what they imagined my PC as in their head.

Crazy. I do miss that game.
>>
>>44153083
>I distinctly remember a lesbian bard or something

Queen Ileosa is a bard and she's in lesbians with her Gray Maiden bodyguard.
>>
>>44152585

Would she mind an evil PC Would an evil PC even work in the AP? Evil is of course LE.
>>
>>44153134
I don't see Thean Tagonis horribly failing, so he most definitly is not a single-classed fighter.
He even tricked Seelah, a fighter wouldn't have enough skill ranks or cha for a bluff that high.
>>
>>44152778
I've made posts with advice about this before. It's hard to give specific advice without more information on the specific builds of your players, since there's a lot of variety to the way that players can build their characters with Path of War. The classes in Path of War can fit pretty much any combat style you can conceive of without much difficulty.

Some general stuff:

>Strikes are designed to be able to compete with full attacks, so they do a fair amount of damage and allow for mobility that wouldn't otherwise be available to core martials.
>Boosts give a variety of effects, but often include movement, accuracy buffs, damage or rider effects. This gives a lot of tactical flexibility to PoW characters.
>Counters are mostly for negating attacks, although some also allow for counterattacking and a rare few have additional unusual effects
>Stances give persistent bonuses ranging from damage, defense or additional senses to teleportation, flight, and spell like abilities.

If you look at something like a fighter as a comparison point, Path of War can seem overpowered, but in comparison to classes like the Inquisitor, Magus or Alchemist they are a lot more balanced.

One of the best and easiest things you can do to help balance encounters for Path of War is to give your monsters counters. Even if it's just a simple Skill Check in place of AC or a Saving Throw it'll make the fight more dynamic and allow you to better control the flow of battle in order to keep things from getting out of hand.
>>
>>44153134

Antipaladin is very much an antipaladin, he's been featured in all the books discussing evil and was even shown claiming his helmet from his former master.

Plus the whole "my sword is glowing with raw hate."
>>
>>44153207
>my sword is glowing with raw hate.
>not glowing with pure mirth at doing his job
>>
>>44153164
One of my groups is made entirely out of lesbians. I'm tempted to run this campaign and see how irritated they get with me when the module has to mention all this.
>okay we GET IT, you don't have to change the module for us you weirdo
>>
>>44153189
He's twice her level.

>>44153207
That's just a regular magic weapon's quality. You know fully 30% of magic weapons shed light?
>>
>>44153184

Trinia Sabor, at least in the campaign of CotCT I was in, was portrayed as a bubbly, adorable dreamer with a serious case of fawning hero worship after she's swept up in an adventure she's probably read a dozen times in her young adult stories.

I don't think she'd enjoy an evil character, in fact I think she'd be disappointed one existed.
>>
>>44153117
Ah no, it was the Grey Maiden, I just got them mixed up since it's been a while.
>>
>>44153247
>He's twice her level.
Proofs?
>>
File: 1389179134729.png (4 KB, 203x231) Image search: [Google]
1389179134729.png
4 KB, 203x231
>>44153240

>Implying it wouldn't be humorous as fuck for Trinia to husbando Blackjack and politely decline PC advances because "she doesn't roll that way."
>>
File: JVC0wxi.jpg.png (615 KB, 825x1022) Image search: [Google]
JVC0wxi.jpg.png
615 KB, 825x1022
>>44153247
>That's just a regular magic weapon's quality. You know fully 30% of magic weapons shed light?

This is not the type of light you'd expect from a typical magic item.
>>
>>44153258

Gotcha. I was thinking of playing an LE vigilante type char, going out at night and kicking criminal asses while not killing them, just leaving them in a bleeding dying state, so they will probably die, but maybe not. Just make it agonizing.
>>
>>44153282
>>44153303
He can afford a damn unholy weapon.
>>
File: 1446002806276.png (613 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1446002806276.png
613 KB, 1000x1000
>Hermea thread encouraged me to browse the forums
>Hell's Vengeance sub-thread
>There are people actually expressing concern or disappointment in there being an "evil" campaign, because it encourages you to do bad things
>>
>>44153050
More that stuff that skintight doesn't really work in a ye olde magic world setting.
>>
>>44153428
Some people just hate fun.
>>
File: yin7I0W.jpg (95 KB, 551x960) Image search: [Google]
yin7I0W.jpg
95 KB, 551x960
>>44153428
Being evil when you told to simply isn't fun without the naughtiness factor semepi.
>>
>>44153258
>she's swept up in an adventure she's probably read a dozen times in her young adult stories
Seriously? Man, my group disabused her of the notion that adventure was "like in the stories" pretty hard.
>>
>>44147242
Does anyone else feel like Pathfinder has gone downhill since the Advanced Class Guide? These latest supplements just seem total shit (especially the clusterfuck of confusing rules in Occult Adventures).
>>
File: 1383863490241.jpg (339 KB, 710x508) Image search: [Google]
1383863490241.jpg
339 KB, 710x508
>>44153575

>Not protecting that smile
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.