[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We prove we are magic the gathering oldfags I cast an interrupt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: Mox Jet.full.jpg (20 KB, 238x340) Image search: [Google]
Mox Jet.full.jpg
20 KB, 238x340
ITT: We prove we are magic the gathering oldfags

I cast an interrupt
>>
File: darkrit.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
darkrit.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
Aha! You can't Interrupt my Dark Ritual, it's a mana source!
>>
trinisphere? is that a mono-, poly- or continuous artifact?
>>
Tim pings you for 1 point of damage
>>
Can't wait until Homelands is released.
>>
>They're making Unlimited
MAGIC IS DEEEEEAAAAAAAAD!
>>
how does flanking work again?
>>
>>44145766
If that's the oldest thing you can think of, you're not a real oldfag.
>>
mana burn
>>
Shivan Dragon is so fucking OP.
Ban when?
>>
>>44146064
Fine, then,

Banding.
>>
File: 128640235778.gif (4 MB, 640x416) Image search: [Google]
128640235778.gif
4 MB, 640x416
TFW I still need 6 more black lotuses and 3 ancestral recalls for my plague rats deck.
>>
Man phasing is so broken, how the hell do you deal with them without an interrupt?
>>
>>44145544
Underrated
>>
While damage is on the stack, I flowstone my Morphling
>>
Spectral Chaos looks likes it's going to be good
>>
>>44146094
banding is simple as fuck, n00b.

>>44146149
The stack is newfaggotry.

>>44146085
>banning cards
>a thing
>>
Apparently RiGa is adding a black circle of protection to this new set. Supposedly it was supposed to be in the last one but it was some kind of misprint or fuckup. Sure, Wizards. Keep feeding us bullshit about the state of the game while the whole thing spirals out of control. I miss the old days when magic was good.
>>
>>44146451
You think THAT'S bullshit?
They're supposedly also adding a TENTH double land, one for blue and red! Blue and red decks are BALANCED because they don't have a double land, they've just got islands and mountains and moxes, but now they're going to fuck everything up with this broken piece of shit...
>>
>no one here even plays for ante
>I'm leaving
>>
>>44145316
"Why do you only have one color in your deck?"
>>
>>44146626
I actually got introduced to the hobby on the pretense. Imagine the shock I got when I finally went to a LGS tournament and there was no such thing as an ante. Blew my fucking mind.
>>
I had some shitty little scrub tell me the other day that my attacking creature died to his blocker even though I tapped it after he declared his block. Can you believe how bad some people are at Magic?
>>
>>44145346
>i'm an oldfag!
>posts Dark Ritual
>Mana Source

I remember when it was an Instant.
>>
>>44146085
shivan dragon can suck my nuts, lord of the pit kicks its ass all day every day, traded 4 black lotus's for one, best day of my life.
>TFW you remember playing cadaverous bloom decks back before they got nerfed to shit
>>
>>44145316
I heard they're changing the corners of the cards in beta.
>>
>>44147142
Bullshit. Then you'll be able to tell what card you're going to be drawing by looking at the back.

That's as retarded an idea as them changing the card back on a new set.
>>
>>44147142

Did you hear they were going to add two (2) whole NEW CARDS ? How am I supposed to master the game if they keep adding new content ??
>>
>>44147093
Don't you mean back when it was an Interrupt, newfag?
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>44145316
Playing for Ante?
>>
Can you believe they're actually nerfing Orcish Oriflamme? Fucking wizards trying to completely ruin aggressive decks, I bet they're going to keep changing mana costs on cards. Good thing I have alpha versions of all my cards.
>>
>>44145316
One of the things that surprised me when i first return playing is tapping artifacts doesn't null their effects anymore.
Bye bye Icy Manipulator, you were a beast back then.
>>
No, I'm not going to take my snow covered lands out of my deck.
>>
Lorwyn is best set.
>>
>>44147380
Yeah. Needs a third mini-set. Maybe a winter-themed one.
>>
File: Plague Rats.full.jpg (185 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
Plague Rats.full.jpg
185 KB, 480x680
Don't mind me, just playing swamps and rats.
>>
>>44147401
>Not exploiting the mulligan rule by playing zero lands.
Mox harder
>>
Hey guys, I just went to the tournament with my Lord of Atlantis merfolk deck and the organizers looked at my decklist and told me not to bother competing.

Can you believe this shit?
>>
>>44145316
Before damage l tap your blocking creatures
>>
Who here has any interesting Falling Star stories?
>>
>>44149119

Well of course. If you[re not playing Necropotence or a black hose, why are you even bothering?
>>
Mountain, Black Lotus, Channel, Fireball
>>
>>44145316

Interrupt? But my Red Elemental Blast is an instant.
Nevermind, I tap R1 for my Orcish Orriflamme.
>>
Tap two swamps: I summon Juzam Djinn
>>
>>44150078

Where's your dark ritual?
>>
>>44150093
I only see two black mana in the casting cost, why would I need a Dark Ritual?
>>
File: JuzamDjinn.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
JuzamDjinn.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>>44150127

It's badly printed and hard to see, but there's a 2 generic in the casting cost. I don't need to call the TD, do I?
>>
File: deserttwister.jpg (25 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
deserttwister.jpg
25 KB, 223x310
>be 1995
>first experience with Magic was cousin bragging about a Desert Twister he got and how it's the most powerful card in the game
>homelands was the new set at the time
>cousin's friend offers me 100 cards from his collection to start out
>pick the worst possible cards with the coolest artwork
>get jewed out of good cards constantly

Somehow I stuck with it for 20 years.
>>
File: Relaxness.jpg (65 KB, 501x468) Image search: [Google]
Relaxness.jpg
65 KB, 501x468
>>44151947
>mfw I was that kid that scammed mewies with useless fatties for good instants and dual lands
>>
>>44145316

I play with a deck using 4x Eladamri Vineyard so you mana burn yourself to death.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.