[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warmahordes general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: merry cryxmas.jpg (71 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
merry cryxmas.jpg
71 KB, 960x540
Merry Cryxmas edition!

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
>textuploader <DOT> com / 5rkfo
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
> https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
> https://www.forwardkommander.com
>http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
> http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Aug%202015.pdf
Steamroller Rules
> http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
> http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
> http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issu
Your Dudes
>http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-2-3-2014
Abridged Lore
>gargantuans abridged: http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
>hordes abridged: http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
>abridged devastation: http://pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj

Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
>http://ironkingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
About to start my first foray into Vlad 2.

How does this look for him?

Casters: 1/1
Vladimir Tzepesci, the Dark Champion (*5pts)
* Drago (8pts)
* War dog (1pts)
Greylord Outriders (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
Greylord Ternion (Leader and 2 Grunts) (4pts)
Iron Fang Pikemen (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Black Dragon Officer & Standard (2pts)
Iron Fang Uhlans (Leader and 2 Grunts) (7pts)
Kayazy Eliminators (Leader and Grunt) (3pts)
Widowmakers (Leader and 3 Grunts) (4pts)
Iron Fang Kovnik (2pts)
Man-o-war Drakhun (with dismount) (5pts)
Saxon Orrik (2pts)

My other list is Old Witch filled to the brim with characters

I plan to drop Vlad into Menoth. Convergence, Circle, Trolls, Legion.
Basically anyone that has purification since Old Witch will get fucked by those.
>>
What the hell, why do these threads keep dying in a matter of hours?
>>
>>44145722
game interest has plummeted
>>
>>44145807
Wow. How'd that happen? Did GW release a new edition of 40k or something?
>>
>>44145864
The game is an unsalvageable mess currently. Since model development takes at least an year, whatever shit that we are in now and will be later won't get possibly rectified until at least 2 years from now.
>>
>>44145900
Yikes. Sounds like PP's rules retardation and their incompetence at choosing manufacturing partners finally caught up to them.

Seriously though, what are the problem pieces that created this "unsalvageable mess"?
>>
>>44145935
You should know this.
If you are just calling stuff rule retardation without knowing what the rule is doing, then you have every right to fuck off.
>>
>>44146000
Oh, no wonder people are leaving if you're the type of sandy cunt that inhabits these threads.

What, did they bring back eHaley's super-feat or something? Last I heard a new Hordes book was released with some new garglers.
>>
>>44146081
Don't call out rule retardation if you don't know what's going on with the game rules.

latest expansions have basically done nothing to curb the current spammy multiwound armor meta and introduced even more things to spam. The upper limits of the game's armor has been breached and the mean of the game's number have shifted permanently.
>>
>>44146169
So I was right. PP's rules retardation, ie. their inability to "curb the current spammy multiwound armor meta."
>>
>>44146232
You didn't even know what the fuck was going on.

Don't make statements that you don't know what it means
>>
>>44146249
Whatever, sandy. Thanks for confirming my suspicions. You can go back to landscaping that saltwater beach of yours.
>>
>>44146260
Go fuck yourself
>>
I like how this entire thread is just two spergs arguing with each other about which one of them is more legit about hating the game, and one dude posting a list. I always wanted to get into Warmahordes, but it's not looking like the best idea atm.
>>
>>44146375
it depends on the meta.

The game is still fun to play with friends, but it's no longer the highlight of my week. The game has gotten cutthroat at list build rather than play at current level.
>>
>>44145864
Game is a mess, faction imbalance is becoming more pronounced. PP are making some dipshit dumb mistakes like the Legion ADR for next season.

2 List format is killing tier 2 factions something fierce and has increased list/warcaster stagnation which makes competitions more boring.

On top of that Guild Ball is taking off, has captured alot of interest from the Warmahordes community. Ozmachine podcast dropped Warmachine and is playing Guild Ball now.
>>
>>44147911
>Guild Ball

M-hm. Right. Well, whatever the burnt out hipsters wanna go with. I was kind of amazed the spastic buggers that brought warmahordes into it's current predicament lasted this long to begin with.

Nerds taking tabletop games seriously, and trying to satisfy their competitive nature as males because they never bothered to do it with sports is utter cancer.

It'll be fun hearing about how guild ball gets fucked up beyond recognition by these same nerds who burnt themselves out FUBAR'ing warmahordes.
>>
I would love to play Warmahordes but the absolute shit tier "plastic" they use is horrendous. Probably the worst material I've ever encountered. At least failcast was easy to work with and cleaned up nicely if you put in minimal effort.
>>
>>44146260
this was one of the best bits of trolling i've seen in a while.
>>
>>44148891
And informative!
>>
>>44149266
Warmachine does have a problem at the moment though. He's right about that.

What do people think the problem is though?
We need to see the problem to be able to address it.
>>
>>44146375
/tg/ is not and has never been a good metric for judging any game or its player base. If there are players in your meta, talk to them about it, not a bunch of anonymous retards on the internet.
>>
>>44149302
The problem is that the competitive meta is rather stagnant at the moment.
There's plenty of things for more casual players, but all anyone ever seems to give a shit about is the competitive side of the game. So when that stagnates, the community stagnates.
>>
>>44149519
And this is why PP should have done more to foster a casual community. Narrative player campaigns, more customizable models, less 'sperging out about conversions.

Instead the competetive players hijacked the game, marketing it as the magic: the faggotning of tabletop miniatures games, and here's the result. Only people who want "competetive" games pick it up, and the moment it's system is inevitably overwhelmingly abused to a broken state, they quit and leave the game barren.
>>
>>44149780
>And this is why PP should have done more to foster a casual community.

This idea that PP doesn't do things for casual players is bullshit. They've got the multi-season, year long narrative leagues. They've come out with casual formats like spell draft. They release special narrative scenarios for historical battles and shit. They've got fucktons of lore and hobby articles (including conversion and customization guides) that they release in both NQ and on their site in PP Insider. Hell, there was even an Insider article about making "your dudes" from the existing character models http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-2-3-2014

The fact is that PP has done loads to foster a casual community. Hell, they release more casual materials more regularly than they do competitive shit. It's just that, for some reason, people ignore that shit and go straight for the competitive side.
>>
Anyone got No Quarter 63? Apparently it's available on NQ Digital now.
>>
>>44145864
40k shills and butthurt casuals shit up the threads so hard that you can't have a real discussion here, so nobody bothers anymore.
>>
>>44148428
I'm sure once more and more special rules come out for GB that it will reach the same level of stupid found in Warmachine.

Till then it's party time at GBs place/abandon ship for Warmachine and Hordes.
>>
>>44150730

What's the deal with guildball? I mean models are pretty good but there's plenty better.Art design is from bleh to awful. What's got everyone interested in it over the 1000000 other wargames out there?
>>
>>44150012
It's all the masturbatory focus on "muh..muh competitive balance" that was never really there to begin with.

MK2 created a decent reboot of a system that people had gotten tired of repeating over and over every tournament and casual day. Things weren't perfectly balanced, and some of the aims of forcing people to bring warjacks stopped short of an actual force org chart.

The game was still about making retarded combos, but now anything found would be under the banner "perfectly balanced". Which we all know was not true, but the concept attracted a tonne of people that take these games way to seriously.

>>44150785
It's got the tacticool combat that Warmachine used to provide. List building isn't trying to dodge a thousand knives and the resource management mechanic evokes some serious Hordes comparisons.

The minis are aight. Could be better, but could be worse.
>>
File: 1449784069415.png (40 KB, 152x254) Image search: [Google]
1449784069415.png
40 KB, 152x254
This thread is great btw.

I love how you guys can't have fun with a toy solder game and feel the need to bitch and call each other names

Never change /tg/, never change
>>
File: mtg_tournaments.gif (3 MB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
mtg_tournaments.gif
3 MB, 295x221
>>44152385
Its not the only miniatures game where this happens on /tg/ but it is certainly the only one that can't afford to drive away more players.

The game is dead slow and will be until things change in game or positivity overpowers the need to win at army manz.
>>
Can we have some Warmachine abridged lore?
>>
>>44152799
>Hundreds of years ago, all was sword and board D&D fantasy
>Then the Ogoth showed up and started murdering everyone
>So they made giant robots to kick them out
>Then they made smaller robots, because big robots kind of suck
>And now people fight each other with not-giant robots
>One faction is not-America, with nazi overtones
>One faction is not-Russia, who's queen is a bitch
>One faction is run by god, who's pissed no one likes him
>One faction is run by a dragon, who insists he's a good parent
>One faction is ISIS, but Elves
>Together, they fight pointlessly
>>
>>44153026
>then they make giant robots again and the not-giant robots are fucking pointless
mk3 when
>>
File: tumblrlyoiqjzNIs1qkaa8zo1400.jpg (42 KB, 360x273) Image search: [Google]
tumblrlyoiqjzNIs1qkaa8zo1400.jpg
42 KB, 360x273
Mk3 is announced tomorrow. You get to make one reasonable change.

What do you?

I delete the forums and never look back
>>
Guys I need anti Khador tactics.

I play Legion and I have a Cryx army as well. The group of friends I play with has one guy who just bought the Winter Guard Deathstar with Butcher1. We're at about 15 point games and no one at our point level can keep up with all this Khador bullshit.
>>
>>44153453
Don't play 15 point games they're unbalanced as fuck. Somebody brings a skew list like WGDS and you lose.
>>
File: 1449779251425.jpg (24 KB, 480x433) Image search: [Google]
1449779251425.jpg
24 KB, 480x433
>>44153453
If Legion take Ravagores. If Cryx take Bile Thralls. Congrats, you just killed all of his dudes
>>
>>44153512
15 and 25 point games with some reasonable restrictions are gun as fuck
>>
>>44153332
I make warjacks comprable to beasts

Side note: I just put together my ogren bokor, its one of the best models I've ever worked with. No cleaning and minimal gap filling, plus it looks nice
>>
Scale up. Then stock up on Ravagores and bring Lylyth2 or Angelius and Saeryn/Vayl2. Volumes of attacks on butcher with an option to kill the winter guard for the Lylyth2 combo. Straight up dickery with going straight for butchers throat with armpit armor piercing flying attacks
>>
>>44153453
Have you meet your lich lord and master? Don't worry it might seem like crap now because its at 15 points, but once you get up to 35 and 50 hes going to hate life. You just have to get your bile and bane on
>>
>>44153512
We usually institute a "no unit" rule in less than twenty point games.
>>
I want to get back in to this cause I like competitive and I like table top. I enjoy elite armies, I like alpha strikes, I like melee, I like glass cannon, I like attrition, and I like building incremental advantages. In mtg terms I generally play midrange and tempo decks.

What factions should I be looking at? I'm hoping to avoid all my aesthetic issues with the game and just have play style influence my decision.
>>
>>44154023
Legion is everything except building incremental advantages.

It does not get more glass cannon than that.

If you want constant long haul incremental advantages, try Trollbloods. You will hardly ever lose, and when you do you it's because you fucked up not because you brought the wrong list composition.

All the MTG players bought into Trollbloods and have driven everyone else out in my area. Fair warning.
>>
>>44154128
Oh boy, guess I have some decisions to make.
>>
>>44153026
In the same vein as the Hordes ones, genius. I'm guessing that anon only plays hordes.
>>
>>44154023
Anymore insight? Do any warmachine factions fit this bill?
>>
>>44157100
Warmachine is strictly inferior to hordes now, so no
>>
>>44153693
I didn't play Legion against him. I ran 13 points against his 15 with eAsohyxious, a Slayer, Canker, and Bane Thralls.

I just got all my Cryx stuff for free from a friend so I just threw together something that looked decent as close to 15 as I could.
>>
>>44157100

Closest for Incremental Advantage is Cryx.

You have a tonne of doods, so the dice math will eventually fall in your favor.

It's very much all-in on infantry and has plenty of spells and effects to insure they deliver them up the field.

This is pretty much if you want to be a competitive meta-gamer. Trollbloods/Cryx/Legion have undeniable advantages and builds with very little in the ways of actual drawbacks.

All the other factions have something comparable, but it's usually a matter of focusing on one list and less so a matter of the faction itself.

In the competitive scene, most people do not even consider themselves players of factions anymore DESU. It's more I play this X-Caster and Y-Warlock.

"Faction hopping" is rampant because of this.
>>
File: 1310152591566.jpg (32 KB, 466x350) Image search: [Google]
1310152591566.jpg
32 KB, 466x350
>>44153332
Forums need to exist.
Axing it is the easiest way to alienate the player base.
>>
>>44159980
Nope, fuck that noise. Nuke it from orbit
>>
>>44160882

Welp...if we want a MKIII a small hiatus for the forums would not be bad.

I still think that the forums need to be around in some form or another. /TG/ won't cut it. MoM forums don't cut it. Focus n Fury doesn't cut it.

Meh. I just don't think there are enough people to fuel more than one forum.
>>
>>44161256
>>44160882
Forums need to exist for rules question alone.

As shitty as GW's forum was, it was a massive killer to a lot of the player base.
>>
File: Xerxis.png (219 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
Xerxis.png
219 KB, 500x422
>>44153332
>Mk3 is announced tomorrow. You get to make one reasonable change.
>What do you?

Consolidate / homogenize / rework half the units in the game into the other half to cut down on the amount of stupid abilities and esoteric bullshit.

Croaks pretty much invalidated almost every other in-faction ranged infantry Hordes side. I'd either nerf the shit out of Croaks or bring shit like the CRA in-faction overcosted infantry into line with the godly power of Croaks.

Things like Karax have become a 100% liability in the Colossal meta. A lot of Mk2 units need to be reworked into post-Colossal form to ever see real table time again.
>>
>>44155759

I've played Warmachine pre-Escalation, actually. I've been meaning to do some abridged lore starting with the old Mk 1 books like Escalation, but I've been tied up on other things.
>>
File: 49 - ehoF7.jpg (3 KB, 123x126) Image search: [Google]
49 - ehoF7.jpg
3 KB, 123x126
Re-balance the game to 35 pts Smaller Skirmish equivalent.

As to how to do that...
Tune in feats to less ball busting roles OR have different effects for different scales.
Restrict Colossals to certain pt sizes or possibly restrict their power in lower pt games.
>>
>>44162713
sounds like more of a necessity to git gud more than anything if feats are what's bugging you.

Adding more layers into the rules is a bad plan. It's the whole reason why mk2 was a good run while it lasted and why infinity and 40k are bad currently.
>>
File: 10 - l2JCK.png (639 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
10 - l2JCK.png
639 KB, 600x549
>>44163272

No amount of gitting gud will fix this game under 50 pts. Especially now with Colossals in the mix.
>>
>>44146290
I feel sorry for your meta
>>
File: loldog.gif (1 MB, 316x195) Image search: [Google]
loldog.gif
1 MB, 316x195
>>44163272
What's buggin me isn't feats as a concept.

It's feats as an application that remains the same across all pt values. Some really break lower pt play, but leave higher pt play at normal more palatable levels.

Shit like the Denny's and the Haley's essentially killed the original play group we had going because they preferred shorter games and the only means of reliably dealing with casters such as those was to scale up.

The "smaller points = better" Guys all moved onto Malifaux, with a select few still playing Warmachine. I am one of those select few and even I am starting to feel the pressure as familiar faces are showing up playing X-Wing and smaller alternative miniatures games that something may be wrong with our beloved game. Just my two focus.
>>
>>44163928
The problem is that feats aren't the issue at lower point games, it's the skew that is.

Some feats are more annoying at lower point values, sure, but it's the kind of lists you can put together at 35 points that break the game.

Shit, a 35 point Lucant list is basically retarded to play against, simply because he keeps all his tools and almost everything his opponent is going to have doesn't mean shit to him.
>>
>>44164014

Anything below 35 is easy to break in so many ways. 35 is that sketchy pt where the game starts to stabilize but recent releases have kind thrown that further to shit. :(

...but yes skews are a huge part of that as well. I dunno, I'm ruminating too much about this. The game is not doing so hot at my store and I am pretty bummed about it.
>>
>>44163928
>>44164014
>>44164166

Normally the idea would be to change the FA on some stuff to make it more difficult, but lol, PP has been going the exact opposite direction with Tiers and shit letting you ignore FA on a lot of the worst offenders.

PP is actively encouraging the spam with tiers and releases, no question. Of course what else would make one person buy that many Light Troll Beasts / Cataphracts / Arguses, etc....
>>
>>44163928
That's the problem of gitting gud.

The game's actual flaw is the prevalence of skews and spams.

Also if people moved onto Malifaux, there's no saving the community. People like to make fun of GW and PP crowd at eachother's throats, but the real crowd divider is Malifaux vs WM.
>>
>>44164239
No, see, I don't buy that.

See, if they were going the way of tiers being bullshit and encouraging weird tactics, then why are so many tiers often pretty terrible?

Like, look at the latest two books. In both of them, only Kromac2's tier is really considered tourney viable. The rest of them run from pretty decent to pretty terrible.

If tiers were meant to be pushing that agenda, wouldn't more of the ones they release be very better than they are? I mean hell, the newest NQ tier is alright, but hardly amazing.

And more than a few of the offending tiers are often released for months before their bullshit comes to light, and often because of a change in meta. Hell, Fist wasn't really considered that good for years.

Other offenders are people using tiers in ways PP never intended. EE was meant to be a list to encourage you to use the Mountain King, not to spam lights.

No, it's more likely that PP just doesn't playtest tiers as extensively as they do anything else, and that's why they tend to vary so wildly in power.
>>
>>44164372
>If tiers were meant to be pushing that agenda, wouldn't more of the ones they release be very better than they are? I mean hell, the newest NQ tier is alright, but hardly amazing.
>Other offenders are people using tiers in ways PP never intended. EE was meant to be a list to encourage you to use the Mountain King, not to spam lights.

That's the thing - if Haley, Blind, and Shadowbind were enough to warrant errata, then why not rework old tiers since they are obviously conflicting with what they were designed to do?

That is of course, unless they aren't conflicting, right?
>>
>>44164372
The issue is that broken tiers are ridiculously broken. There is no real middleground currently.
>>
>>44148496
Uh...

Their plastics have been fixed for years. Welcome to the game.
>>
>>44164481
No it fucking hasn't.

Jack kits are still awful, units are still awful.
>>
>>44164436
Counterpoint: How long did it take to adjust those abilities?

Also, there's a very real problem of stepping on consumers toes. Changing those three things doesn't invalidate anyone's purchases, just changes the rules.

Change EE or Runes or anything else, though, and you're invalidating hundreds of dollars of purchases for customers.

Which, if anything, sounds like more of a money grubbing tactic then what you're talking about: get customers to spend a bunch of money on models and then invalidate them. 90% of your customer base is happy with the balance change, only a few are messed up.

>>44164475
Don't get me wrong, I'm not super happy with tiers either. I don't really regard most of them as super broken(Hell, EE is one of my worst matchups and I still can play into it as long as I play it right), but it really flattens the field in terms of variation. It gets boring playing against tons of Trollblood players and always playing against the same lists. It's easy(mostly since I hipster CoC and end up knowing the matchup way better than they do), but it's really boring to not see any variation, which I think the big tier lists are messing with.

The reverse end is that some factions are also hugely reliant on those lists to actually play into certain matchups. Without those tools, then some factions get absolutely destroyed by others, and you end up with issues of shitty balance anyways.
>>
>>44164511
The new kits are much better.

Check out the CoC battle engine or the new Cyngar jack kit, they're both using the same plastic that GW uses.
>>
>>44164511
You can say that, but it's a lie.

I'm literally holding one in my hand right now. I remember seeing one of their resin kits that had the wierd hairy texture, but again, that was years ago. Everything not on a huge base is done is ABS grey plastic really similar to GW, and has been more more than two years.

You're still allowed to be angry, I'm just pointing out that you're wrong.
>>
>>44164588
Still doesn't mean it's fixed when the problematic models are still made with them. Units recent as IFP resculpts still use the shitty PVC.

It's STILL garbage

>>44164589
No you are the one that's wrong. Only thing that's actually hard gray plastic is the TEP, and the new jacks of renown double packs. Everything else is still the garbage pvc
>>
File: Skorne Average Heavy Beast.jpg (124 KB, 660x750) Image search: [Google]
Skorne Average Heavy Beast.jpg
124 KB, 660x750
>>44164555
>Counterpoint: How long did it take to adjust those abilities?

Same amount of time Mk2 has been out. So what are you saying, give the tiershit another year to catch up and get fixed?

>invalidating purchases

A slippery slope argument that can't be avoided no matter what you do. If you change the game in virtually any form, someone is going to bitch they bought model X or a bunch of copies of it because things were a certain way, and whatever change is being initiated changes that.

Changing tiers is just one part of it.

Even then it can be argued that the changes are directed at modulating the rules at a competitive level - a fact that wouldn't be so big of a problem were there not this ungodly immense emphasis on pushing every player into the competitive level. Again the fact comes up that Warmachine is a game of rules first and foremost - not models, not fluff, not anything else. PP is in the rules business. When changes are made to the rules, it's changes being made to the core product. PP could change its plastic again and honestly it would not receive even a tenth of the backlash that changing the rules would - because changing even the smallest item in the rules is changing something far more central to the product.

It just so happens it's financially convenient to make rules that sell models though, or vice versa, lol...
>>
>>44164259

Well the flaw being felt currently at 50 pts is that skews and spams feel insurmountable. That was a problem that was only felt at lower pt values before. Feats tended to shield you from retaliation at lower pts and made it even worse.

...but still don't get me wrong. I still don't think it's a GitGud(god I hate this phrase) problem, I think it's a scaling problem like everything else in this game.

35 pts is where feats are arguably fine as is, anything under that is where my comments on maybe needing to tone them down should apply.

I think feats are great and fluffy, but a feat can more easily timewalk or end a game prematurely when you don't have more pts on the table to contend/deal with the swings they usually provide. At 35 you used to be able to plan for a decent chunk, but not everything so you kind of had to take your lumps sometimes.

I mean the only way I think you can GitGud at 20 pts is to list tailor, which usually involves a skew of some sort, but I honestly can't say for certain anymore. The last time I played a game under 35 (that wasn't a demo game or Tooth n Claw) was 4 years ago.

I imagine that for everyone else, the experience is the same. Low point games are dreadful in Warmachine and Hordes.
>>
>>44145025
Okay, which DFW bro started this thread?
>>
File: IMAG1540[1].jpg (740 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1540[1].jpg
740 KB, 2592x1456
>>44164739
Well, I mean...
It's not as though this is a subjective point. You're literally just wrong dude.
>>
>>44164781
You're blaming PP again for stuff they don't do. Warmahordes has a ton of support for non-competitive formats and shit, it's simply the playerbase that pushes the competitive stuff the hardest.

For example: practically every single book has plenty of models and rules that are flat out nothing but fluff and their own ideas.

I mean, look at fucking eZaal, he's a tragedy of a caster competitively, but his stuff is all about fluff and neat(but pointless) mechanics.

PP can't control what the community does, and doesn't always pay too much attention to it. Which again, comes back to tier lists: I bet quite a few of them aren't meant to be played in any competitive sense.

Take Haley3's tier, for example, a Trencher tier. If they really were pushing this idea of tiers getting people to buy underused models by making them competitive, why isn't Haley3's tier so much better than it is? Trenchers are tied with Man o Wars for models everyone wishes they could field competitively, and yet neither one of them have ever gotten a good tier, despite the fact that they've gotten so many.
>>
>>44164785
>I imagine that for everyone else, the experience is the same. Low point games are dreadful in Warmachine and Hordes.
That's because it's supposed to be balanced around 50pts.

>I mean the only way I think you can GitGud at 20 pts is to list tailor,
Then fucking git gud and do it.

This is what it sounds like.
>I think the game needs to be same when the game isn't the same
Shit scales at different rate. It's part of the game. You don't see magic players complaining that aggressive one drops are bad in EDH. Why would you expect the gameplay to be scaled at same rate here?
>>
>>44164915
When were the tfg made?
>>
>>44164939
Probably at any point in the past three years?

The plastics have been fixed for a long time.
>>
>>44164964
Not according to this.
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/12/privateer-press-nyss-and-cygnar-releases-unboxed.html

Look at this pvc swordsmen.
>>
>>44164588
> 2 Models out of a whole shit load.

>>44164589
>Plastic units still have that loss of detail and ungodly flash.

Guys I fookin' love WMH, but lets not kid ourselves. There is plenty product out there which is still using that old crappy plastic, and there are plenty of models that are only available in that plastic right now.

I went to go buy some Exemplar Errants and I damn near had a heart attack with how some of the parts came off of the sprue. You'd swear they were all made from a family mold or something with how inconsistent they were. :/

The resin on the other hand is absolutely exquisite. It's used on several models like Denny3 and the TippyToe Legion Nephilim. Was an absolute dream to work with!!
>>
>>44164964
Bull fucking shit. I bought my IFP last year at LnL. They are pvc TEP was the first model to be hard plastic and I'm sure it was not out 3 years ago.
>>
>>44164986
Maybe I've been lucky. I saw literally one case of privateer press plastic go wrong, on a Vessel of Judgement battle engine. Every Jack kit, every unit that I've seen has been in good, consistent grey ABS similar to GW, with similar flash.

Do you have any models with this terrible flash to post?
>>
File: FUUUUUCK.jpg (44 KB, 379x293) Image search: [Google]
FUUUUUCK.jpg
44 KB, 379x293
>>44164920
Are you daft? I know that. It was originally a response on what I would change if MKIII were announced.

Did you really only read the part where I expressed my concerns with feats at a certain point level? Jeebus, There's a whole chain of messages,mate.

Check your PPIDF privilege mate. It's fucking wishlisting.
>>
>>44165067
It's a dumb wishilisting.

There's shit that makes sense and those that don't. This falls under don't
>>
File: Skorne50mmBaseWasEnoughTheySaid.png (814 KB, 807x975) Image search: [Google]
Skorne50mmBaseWasEnoughTheySaid.png
814 KB, 807x975
>>44164918
>You're blaming PP again for stuff they don't do. Warmahordes has a ton of support for non-competitive formats and shit, it's simply the playerbase that pushes the competitive stuff the hardest.

Lol well there are multiple PP-sponsored competitive tournaments each year. While there are non-competitive tables at those events, that's not the focus. Yeah PP will send prize support to PGs who are pushing the community on their behalf, but aside from posting some shit up in NQ (which costs little) it's not like they're throwing "casual" players several con-level events annually.

"The community" would have never have gotten there if the design didn't facilitate it. Absolve PP all you want, but they're ultimately responsible. They're steering the ship. Even if all the passengers want it to go a certain way, PP is driving.

>PP can't control what the community does, and doesn't always pay too much attention to it.

I agree on the second part, but only because of PP's typical Ivory Tower style approach to talking about development. God forbid you ask about design on the forums...

>For example: practically every single book has plenty of models and rules that are flat out nothing but fluff and their own ideas.

It has some. Does this still excuse imbalance? The lack of additional errata? The tournament data is there to prove what people are taking in what quantities. What always shows and what never shows.
>>
>>44164979
I don't really understand. Are you complaining about the kit quality in that article?
>>
>>44165058
>http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/12/privateer-press-nyss-and-cygnar-releases-unboxed.html

Looks the same to me... I think it just may be a QC issue. Might explain why there are so many varying opinions on the subject.

>>44165058
The only ones that I had to build were the Errants, Knights Exemplar and the Bastions. I have yet to build the TFG.

I'm coming from other miniatures games so maybe I'm spoiled or something.
>>
>>44165165
saying that you are objectively false for thinking that PP still uses the gray GW plastic.

Also the details on those PVC are shit and blobby.
>>
>>44165140
PG here, you're an idiot

There's one PP convention every year and that's Lock and Load. Other big cons have a couple guys show up for support and that's it.

If you've been to LNL you know how freaking huge it is and how little is actually devoted to the competitive stuff. The vast majority of stuff there is dedicated to Iron Arena, hobby stuff, and their other games. The amount of time and effort that's put I to the casual scene is huge.

PP doesn't even consider their competitive players to be their core audience
>>
>>44165140
>Lol well there are multiple PP-sponsored competitive tournaments each year. While there are non-competitive tables at those events, that's not the focus. Yeah PP will send prize support to PGs who are pushing the community on their behalf, but aside from posting some shit up in NQ (which costs little) it's not like they're throwing "casual" players several con-level events annually.

They constantly run fluff based leagues and feature release events with weird rules for all their books. They put out NQ scenarios, and one of their recent Insider series was about running a campaign. They've put forward events like Spelldraft, and always feature casual tables at all their cons.

Like, what else do you want from them?
>>
>>44165198
Did you look at your link? It actually proves your statement wrong, hence my confusion.

I'm glad you cleared that up though, thanks.
>>
>>44165255
What's wrong about it? it's pvc on the swordsmen and the details are bloby. end of story
>>
File: MyReaction.jpg (17 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
MyReaction.jpg
17 KB, 500x388
>>44165110
...but like literally all you do is say "get better faggot" and "play fifty pts faggot". You are the ultimate at this game.

It's wish listing for something that probably won't happen. You just can't admit that I wasn't bashing your fucking game. :P

Like it's cool if you disagree but like... why do you have to suck so much cock that you can't get any words out of your mouth?

So to sum it up.
>What would you change if there were a MKIII?
Rebalance around 35 pts cause the game kind of sucks around that pt and below. How to do it? I dunno change some feats or something.

Your response: "GIT GUD. FAGET THE GAME IS FINE!!"
...Holy fuck.
>>
>>44165347
I his defense, bringing up feats is one of the common things you see people who are bad at the game complain about.

It's pretty annoying to have people bitch about something being too good to deal with when you know for a fact that it can be dealt with, you just need to learn how. And they refuse to do so, and just blame the game for it.

I get that that isn't what you're doing, but it's a pretty common thing to see people do.
>>
File: skorne-rasheth.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
skorne-rasheth.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
>>44165220
>If you've been to LNL
>>44165226
>Like, what else do you want from them?

Doesn't matter to me specifically anymore. I sold out about 2 months ago, dumped most of my shit and bought 40k with the money because the closest Warma game was 90 miles away and I got tired of driving to get games every week. I have played since Mk2 released - sold probably $2,000 (retail) worth of shit over the last few months (and no I did not get that for it on ebay lol).

Only thing I kept was my Skorne because it was my first army and if I ever pick it back up I'd like to not buy shit over again. I do have every Skorne model (yes I bought the SA before it was changed).

No, I don't go to LNL because I'm not dropping the dosh to get on a plane to go push tiny plastic army men around - and I'd argue there are plenty of PP customers who either don't or don't have the means.

>>44165220
>PG here

And that. PGs were probably the biggest double edged sword I have ever seen in tabletop. Someone puts that little badge on and there is this expectation of a minimum standard.

I played three different PGs during the last 5-6 years or so, and one dropped nothing but cheese lists (fully pimped out Harbinger all day every day) but was an otherwise good guy, one was a condescending ass who was helpful but all his "help" involved using "pro" lists, and the last one - the best of all - literally cheated. I caught him scooping rolls on me and other players, not to mention he blatantly would declare he was only in it for the PG points and hardly ever organized shit because he couldn't be fucking arsed.

On the one hand the PG system encourages a lot of positive things. On the other hand, PP allows people who are effectively randos to tote their name around as if they are some ambassador for the company. Lmao, ambassador my ass. My PGs have been neither more nor less cancerous than the average population.
>>
35 points is fine... Without Colossals

Ban them or make them 50+ points only and suddenly the game is great
>>
>>44165387
>On the one hand the PG system encourages a lot of positive things. On the other hand, PP allows people who are effectively randos to tote their name around as if they are some ambassador for the company. Lmao, ambassador my ass. My PGs have been neither more nor less cancerous than the average population.

You do realize that you can get PGs fired, right?
>>
File: 1449001865772.jpg (93 KB, 519x600) Image search: [Google]
1449001865772.jpg
93 KB, 519x600
>>44165387
So since some guys in your community sucked you quit and bought into 40k?

That's sad, and hysterical. How's that games balance and we'll built factions treating you?
>>
>>44165387
Some people suck dude, get over it or do their job better.

I pointed out I was a PG because ice been to these events, I know these guys and I know the amount of effort they put into their core audience, the casual players.

Other than the only difference between me and any other player is that I run events and do all the demos
>>
>>44165347
I'm saying the entire premise about game being imbalanced sub 35 and that feat is one of the issue itself is flawed.

Higher pts you go, less feat matters and support and model comps begin to matter. at higher points.

Your complaint is that format refuses to remain the same when the format changes and that's somehow not a natural thing to happen. It turns out things change when things change. It's not the game's job to help people retain their exact same builds across different environments
>>
>>44165465
To be fair the current balance is not that far off from WMH. The culture is more laid back too. The biggest difference is that you have to play your list in WMH against a whole lotta shit to really make it tick. 40K you can get it down in about a few games, give or take.

The biggest issue with it is the constant core rule updates and the reinvestment required when it happens. Also I don't think it has much of a future really... So many other minis companies out there pushing quality product.
>>
File: 1441060353068.jpg (25 KB, 300x398) Image search: [Google]
1441060353068.jpg
25 KB, 300x398
>>44165438

Cool. He's "DarkTemplars" on the PG locator. I'll be sure to write Hungerford a sternly worded letter asking for his status!

>>44165465
>So since some guys in your community sucked

Guys in "my community" didn't exist, which is why I spent the last 5 years commuting for games. Everyone locally played 40k, and I refused to for the last 5 years since I got into minis.

Tens of thousands of miles later and thousands of gallons of gas, the cost of driving to and fro just is just too much. I'd rather pay the GW tax and game local than save money on more affordable PP models I can get at better discount, but then lose even more with gas and wear on the car.

>>44165465
>How's that games balance

40k is the same as Warma in that it is a traditional game played on a tabletop with another person. You play the game you want. 5 years of gaming has taught me many, many things. The most notable being: if you can't have fun playing the game, then you shouldn't play. Losing is part of play. Winning is part of play. Dice are part of play. Scenario, terrain, etc...all part of play You have to embrace the entire game if you want to have fun - not just one aspect. Focus too much on one thing and suddenly only that thing becomes fun for you and the rest is tedium.

I focus on having an enjoyable experience with another person. I bring the list I want to bring, they bring the list they want to bring. It doesn't bother me to lose. If it bothers them to win predictably all the time - maybe they want to change their shit up.

Aside from learning how to utterly play for fun, the other most important thing I ever learned playing Warma was to play every game for experience, not to win. If you play for experience and self-reflect on the game as a whole, you will ultimately win more over time than if you are just desperately trying to win the game in front of you.

These ideas and perspectives persist across a lot of things in life - tabletop is just one of them.
>>
>>44165574
good for you man.
>>
>>44165544
Fuck I meant 40k doesn't seem to have much of a future.

>>44165513
Different anon, but I don't think he was arguing that the game in its current form should be balanced across all point levels. I'm pretty sure it was calling for a scale down to 35 pts in the hypothetical newer edition. Meaning the balance would center around thirty five instead of fifty.

>>44165387
We had the best PG ever and she really held our group together. Once she left, our store kind of just fizzled out...

Our current one doesn't really put in much of an effort, but I don't blame him with how the store treats us warmahordes players.

I say PGs definitely help mold the experience. A good one is the ultimate new player generation engine.
>>
As a PG I can say I out a lot of work into a community of ungrateful assholes. It's great when you have a solid community but sometimes the game just stops being fun when you play it for six years straight
>>
>>44164894
>Okay, which DFW bro started this thread?
actually i'm in houston
>>
>>44153332
I give banez the idrian treatment and bate in a sea of edgelord waacfag tears
>6/9
>-1 cmd
>replace weapon master with brutal charge
>dark shroud is a special action
>>
>>44166143
Most of the cryx players in my meta, who are not me, have moved away from banes and other single wound infantry so idk if thats especially nessisary
>>
Threw this list together for a small tourney coming up in about 2 months. Whatchu guys think?

Faction: Legion of Everblight
Lylyth, Shadow of Everblight (*5pts)
* Naga Nightlurker (5pts)
* Nephilim Bolt Thrower (6pts)
* Ravagore (10pts)
* Ravagore (10pts)
Blighted Nyss Shepherd (1pts)
Blighted Nyss Shepherd (1pts)
Feralgeist (1pts)
Strider Deathstalker (2pts)
Strider Deathstalker (2pts)
Succubus (2pts)
>>
Pirate army has begun.

Forgot pirates wear stripes.
Never built a colossal before.
Bought some useless gun.
Washing alone took 1 hour.

This will be a fun project...
>>
File: Pirate Army - Wash state.jpg (212 KB, 1845x1080) Image search: [Google]
Pirate Army - Wash state.jpg
212 KB, 1845x1080
>>44168942
Forgot to add attachment
>>
>>44168979
Das Pirates tho.
Das Galleon.
>>
I have never played any wargame before, want to start this because it haves 25% discount in my lgs, what starter should i grab?
>>
>>44173418
What physically appeals to you most of all is important, though there are some precautions to take.
>>
File: choose wisely.jpg (455 KB, 924x1302) Image search: [Google]
choose wisely.jpg
455 KB, 924x1302
ok just making a swap to play cryx and i keep hearing how bad ass terminus is so i picked him up to give him a try.

I am wondering, i need to make him pop and wings the normal wings don't seem to do it for me.

so see pic. i'm thinking i need to trim the bottom of the base of the wing and putty vthe fuck out of this things. (yes the sword will still fit after wings are on.)

i'm also thinking of keeping holes in the putty and making it so it's magnetized (for travel)

so i now seek tg's advice on modeling this..

DO IT? or stick with the pussy wings and find another way of making him pop.
>>
>>44173624
the problem is that seeing other miniature brands, this non machine minis are very shitty
>>
>>44174227
I hated my Terminus Wings. I'd find smaller wings though... Those look like Balrog wings?
>>
>>44174678
yea they are.

if i can find my black dragon's right wing i'd see. i dry fit the left one and it seemed fine (much smaller than balrog's)
>>
>>44174227
Give him a jetpack
>>
File: t2 test.jpg (87 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
t2 test.jpg
87 KB, 960x540
>>44174898
not a bad idea.

>>44174678
>>44174227

one last test dry fit before going on to something ealse.

maybe a jetpack would look better. (time to go diving in the bitz box)
>>
File: to infinity and beyond.jpg (69 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
to infinity and beyond.jpg
69 KB, 540x960
>>44174898
hrmm need to trim it down and add a bunch of bitz.
>>
File: revision 2 jetpack.jpg (86 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
revision 2 jetpack.jpg
86 KB, 960x540
>>44175825
ok trying for a different look
>>
>>44176448
maybe trim down the exauts?
>>
Does this list looks ok?

Faction: Four Star Syndicate
Captain Bartolo Montador (*5pts)
* Galleon (18pts)
Press Gangers (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Sea Dog Crew (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Mr. Walls Sea Dog Crew Quartermaster (2pts)
Doc Killingsworth (2pts)

Using press gangers for frontal shield, and the Sea dogs to counter charge things coming towards them. Batrololololol and his big boy is just gonna slowly dakka dakka stuff and move forward.
Doc helps Tough test or sth? I haven't really looked into it yet. and hawk kills some solos support solos.
I'm not sure on what to do with master gunner though.... drop him and add a deck gun?
>>
>>44176572
You need to support the galleon. Where's dougal?
>>
>>44174227
Wtf, his terminus has resin wings? Mine are metal and I bought that asshole this year
>>
>>44176892
woops, it's in there. didn't copy and paste the last line.
>>
>>44176970
they have tons of flash. the sockets where you put the metal bone/spkes are horribly deformed.
>>
>>44165220
No.
The problem isn't PP's attitude towards casuals or waac fags.

The problem is that the PGs and the waac fags push competitve play as the only unique way to play the game.

This is driving players away from the game.
This isn't an opinion, it is a fact. PP sales figures show this.

So it's up to PG's to change the attitud, instead of 2 list 50pt SR tournament all the fucking time.
>>
>>44177819
How do you draw the link between "competative play" and the sales figures?
>>
>>44177819
I think you are drawing conclusion from correlation instead of causation. Considering the competitive and tight rule focus was why the game made it in the first place, I think it's ridiculous to think that competition is what ruined wm.
>>
>>44174227
Why are your wings resin but legs metal? I bought mine two years ago and his wings were metal but legs resin.
>>
>>44174227
You know most people convert the wings so that they are SMALLER
>>
File: yhvh2.png (37 KB, 853x620) Image search: [Google]
yhvh2.png
37 KB, 853x620
Was thinking of running this for a list, what do people think?

System: Hordes
Faction: Legion of Everblight
Thagrosh, Prophet of Everblight (*5pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Carnivean (11pts)
* Scythean (9pts)
* Typhon (12pts)
Blighted Nyss Legionnaires (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Blighted Ogrun Warspears (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)
* Warspear Chieftan (2pts)
Spawning Vessel (Leader and 5 Grunts) (3pts)
The Forsaken (2pts)

Basically hard hitting with a central brick (legos/warspears) with the units acting as a shield for the heavies. too shit?
>>
File: 20151212_183150.jpg (262 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
20151212_183150.jpg
262 KB, 1280x720
Started playing with my buddies again. We all dusted off our old models from around 2011, some of us picked up some new stuff (Thyron, Imperatus). Everyone but me has Hordes, so remembering the rules was a little more tough for me. Either way, had fun and can't wait to play again.
>>
>>44167954

do you like having friends?
>>
>>44178256

drop typhon and the legos for blight bringer as soon as you can but solid list other than that.

legos can't really brick up and are more a speed bump especially without UA. typhon is a bit overcosted even with his affinity.

but it's a good list if you don't want to use the BB
>>
>>44178824
2poor for one, but I am looking into one. Does the bringer have synergy with other casters?
>>
>>44178857

the BB is by far the best gargantuan in hordes. it wouldn't be out of place with almost anyone. the three most common I hear are pthags, kallus, and lylyth2 but I've heard it also has game with rhyas, saeryn, lylyth1, abby2, and bethane

anyone who runs infantry will love the BB but you don't need infantry for it to do it's job. it basically counters troll lists by itself, and you probably will only ever need one unlike the good colossals out there.

It is expensive but it is so fucking good
>>
>>44167954
I'd ditch the Feralgeist. If it's possessing a beast you can't force it or have it effected by Lylyth's feat. Drop in something like a Spell Martyr to make sure you can land Pin Cushion or a Bellows Crew to protect Lylyth.

Just keep in mind that the vast majority of Lylyth2 lists are a complete npe. They won't make you friends.
>>
>>44179049
I see, my main locks are Pthags, both Vayls, and Saeryn, so basically I prefer more beast heavy armies. Seems like a hard thing to slit in for the latter 3 warlocks, but really simple for someone like Rhyas or Kallus.
>>
>>44179181

unfortunately, vayl 1 does very little for him, I haven't tried vayl2 yet but since most tournaments are 2 list, it is advisable to only have the gard in one list.

also with pthags, look into getting another unit of warspears. he ramps them up to 11
>>
>>44162538
Someday. Someday. <3
>>
File: 1449769616009.jpg (49 KB, 455x224) Image search: [Google]
1449769616009.jpg
49 KB, 455x224
>30 Bane Knights
>20 Mechanithralls
>2 Necrosurgeons
>50+ models and recursion
>Only 44 points
>PPIDF will defend this

In b4 git gud
>>
>>44180314
Why so mad? Accurate bane knights got your bradigus/vayle/kromac down?

Gaspy2 shits all over it, so bring it on, my own faction
>>
File: 1449029999137.jpg (163 KB, 599x657) Image search: [Google]
1449029999137.jpg
163 KB, 599x657
>>44180374
As a Cryx player you are garbage. You're went we can't have nice things and why the game is pretty much dead
>>
>>44180374
So basically what you're saying is only Cryx can beat Cryx?

Sure a sign of a healthy game.
>>
File: e270bf9e.jpg (15 KB, 320x310) Image search: [Google]
e270bf9e.jpg
15 KB, 320x310
>>
File: WhatAShame.jpg (54 KB, 603x393) Image search: [Google]
WhatAShame.jpg
54 KB, 603x393
>>44180374

Mordikaar would probably shit all over that, lol...
>>
>>44182011
Too bad Skorne is the worst faction in the game
>>
>>44180448
That's not what I'm saying at all, lol. I play cryx so pretty much my entire frame of reference is cryx centric. Its just how I would counter pSkarre Dirty Thirty.

The dirty thirty is a powerful skew, but its not unbeatable. Skarre herself has to play aggressivly for the bubble wich makes her suceptable to assasinations.

Its also one of cryx's better answers to other stupid skews like EE and wold war. In fact it might even be a symptom of the heavy arm skew since this version is relatively new.

>>44182011
Mordikar is really annoying to play into
>>
>>44180314
>Then you play against Axis
>>
>>44180314

Use Ravagore shots and Blight Bringer to protect my frontline beaters while I close the distance.

Once I'm within range Saeren's feat and start cruising toward your caster without a care in the world.
>>
File: SkorneTooGood.png (1 MB, 1040x520) Image search: [Google]
SkorneTooGood.png
1 MB, 1040x520
>>44182603
>Not pigs

It's like you're not even trying

>>44182607
>Mordikar is really annoying to play into

Double Drake, Nihilators, Bloodrunners, Keltari and Incindis / Cets with Vorkesh. 1 Heavy like Despoiler / Tibs / Sentry. Typical Skorne hilarity like Agonizer and even Orrin if you wanted to max Cryx hate.

Enough sprays, tough, hilarious defense on feat turn, recursion, soul denial on hollow unit, antimagic with the Agonizer / Despoiler / Orrin / Banishing Ward / Vorkesh. Literally the top anti-Cryx drop for Skorne. He still won't out-recursion Axis and will lose to high armor spam, but still one of our best casters.
>>
File: Hurr.jpg (186 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Hurr.jpg
186 KB, 800x800
>>44180395
The game is dead because it was taken too seriously.

The game isn't dead yet because ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
>>
>>44182725
>Not pigs
>It's like you're not even trying
Have you seen the full rack of ribs list? Pigs are about to get really good
>>
Looking at the RPG, my group is gonna e switching to the system soon and I was curious if there were any good offensively oriented careers/shit in the game? Like I want to support my allies, but I also want to be able to hold my own in melee.
>>
>>44183311

Is the game really dying or is it a bunch of dedicated shitposters?

My area has about the same amount of play it usually has.
>>
>>44183417
Some very dedicated shit posters

There are some issues, yes, but nothing game ending. People just love to bitch
>>
>>44183417
My local meta went from a dozen players to 2.

Yeah, the game is dying.

The amount of "gotchas" make it extremely unfriendly to new players. Players need to have an encyclopedic knowledge of released models and interactions to even play casual games.
>>
Hey, I was thinking about starting trolls, and since this is a relatively stable thread, how should I build a borka1 list out of the AiO and whatever else I need
>>
>>44183515
Well this is a shitty attitude to have. You don't need to know everything, you just need to know how to play and ask what your opponent's stuff does if you don't know. No such thing as a gotcha in an open information game unless you are deliberately being stupid

Also, holy shit I know what everything does in this game. Kill me
>>
>>44183584
I understand this, and I always cater what knowledge I make obvious depending on player skill.

For example, if the player is brand new I'll let them know that Sorscha can hit something 19" away if you give her the chance.

But one or two players in a meta that play cutthroat in casual games and do whatever they can to withhold information can ruin that meta.

Especially when you have a PG that lets the fuckers get away with cheating in tournaments.
>>
File: 1c9.jpg (30 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
1c9.jpg
30 KB, 500x332
>>44183417
Not really... And to be fair...without the shit posting I would have had to remade this thread within one day.

Though my area went from 10 to around 3? 4 if you count me, but I like to theory-machine more than play. I think the initial wave is dying down and most areas weren't able to attract newer folk.

Every time I travel for a tourney I ask them how there area is doing in new player generation and they all tell me the same. "Not good."
>>
>>44183652
That's pretty clearly a meta issue. If you let dicks get away with this is what happens
>>
What is ret play style like? Im interested in issyra, thyron, colossal, imperatus and halberdiers mainly.
>>
File: good-luck-im-behind-7000-BANES.jpg (157 KB, 1424x842) Image search: [Google]
good-luck-im-behind-7000-BANES.jpg
157 KB, 1424x842
>>44183667
I made this for you.
>>
>>44184132
Thanks I'll be sure to use it next time I make the thread.

I lost the Menites With Attitude one. Anyone got that?
>>
File: wrong neighborhood.jpg (164 KB, 495x700) Image search: [Google]
wrong neighborhood.jpg
164 KB, 495x700
>>44184543
this the one?
>>
File: some heresy.jpg (585 KB, 1280x1000) Image search: [Google]
some heresy.jpg
585 KB, 1280x1000
>>44184543
or this one?
>>
>>44184021
Ret has a mix of combined arms(a lot of their stuff does double duty) and a general focus on assassination. Issyra and the Colossal pair well together, because she protects it and lets it double tap with that big ass cannon. Thyron I don't really know much about besides what people were saying when he came out. Imperatus is very good in general, halbs I see pretty often as a very fast jamming unit.

You're most likely going to end up playing Mage Hunter Strike Force, since they're an extremely strong unit in a lot of situations.
>>
File: MENITES WITH ATTITUDE.png (1 MB, 1327x886) Image search: [Google]
MENITES WITH ATTITUDE.png
1 MB, 1327x886
>>44184636
>>44184650

>Slaughtering the mic in the name of menoth

Found it.
>>
>>44183788
How the hell am I supposed to "not let them get away with this" when they basically pitch a tent at the FLGS and end up playing every new player.

I have uni and a job. I can't be there every hour of every day pointing them away from Captain McDouchefuck.
>>
File: 1449690053399.jpg (13 KB, 184x193) Image search: [Google]
1449690053399.jpg
13 KB, 184x193
>>44184889
Be a PG, an advocate for your community, call them out on their bullshit, talk to the store owner. Fuck dude, use your brain
>>
>>44145354
Thanks for your advice /tg/

The list performed really well against Vayl 1 tonight. Ravagore scraped Drago in 3 hits though.
>>
File: TG_Discusses_Science.webm (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
TG_Discusses_Science.webm
3 MB, 480x360
>>44184923

Does anyone know why this game even attracts these kind of people? I mean ...fuck. Not even 40 Keks had this many story of douchenozzles.

I mean... We had one in our store but he left. I assume to rape some other poor system/playerbase.

We were just happy we were spared the awkwardness of telling him to cool his jets.
>>
>>44185003
Every game attracts dick heads in various forms. Warmachine isn't an exception to that.

Other folks who play 40k, Infinity, Magic, etc all bitch about the same stuff
>>
>>44184650
Can someone explain how a human body is supposed to move in that?

I'm not even talking about the weight of the armor, but the fucking arms look like they have less articulation than a gimped T-Rex.
>>
>>44185109
>It's faith
>I ain't gotta explain shit
>>
File: bastion_mow.jpg (91 KB, 653x382) Image search: [Google]
bastion_mow.jpg
91 KB, 653x382
>>44185109
Try not to worry about it too much
>>
File: MenothsFury.jpg (85 KB, 500x673) Image search: [Google]
MenothsFury.jpg
85 KB, 500x673
>>44185135
Yeah the art is what's bad in the bastion pic.

Those balloon socket arms...
>>
>>44183395
Pretty much anything that gives you a big armor and melee weapon right away.
The Cygnar ones with their lightning weapons are especially good for a heavy melee guy who can throw support lightning bolts.
>>
>>44185003
It seems to attract MTG players. They here about how it's a "competitive" minis game and flock to it.
>>
File: 20151214_223300.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151214_223300.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
Bumping with the Nyss Hunters I'm working on. You should post your models too
>>
Recently managed to build an Eldar revenant titan.

Galeon was pretty easy compared to than.
All Hail Dremel!
>>
Bumping to ask if anyone has No Quarter 63?
>>
File: bild 1.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
bild 1.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>44185943
Really old minis since I've not painted warmachine minis in years.
bump
>>
>>44186418
>My juggernaut ain't got no business looking like this.jpg
>>
>>44177865
The competitive players are of 2 types:
older players that have all the things (or close enough)
New WAAC faggots that think they can waltz in, netdeck a list and autowin.
Neither of these player types will but much stuff, because the older player already has a lot, but in both cases they will only buy the models that are required for the current net deck. No more.
So bad sales from them, PP wants/needs new blood.

BUT
because waac fags are toxic cunts that love nothing more than to curbstomp noobs, it is driving the major portion of potential newcomers away.

So sales figures do show that waac faggots are killing the game thet they once helped to thrive.
>>
>>44177939
No, what made the game before was big fighty robots.
Still is.
The fact that it can be played competitively is a bonus, not the finality.
>>
>>44180448
what can cygnar do against this list?
>>
>>44183515
>>44183667

So, let me get this straight. Earlier in the thread anons said sales isn't related to waac faggots.

But now you just say that funnily enough new players aren't coming into the game because it's full of toxic cunts?

What a suprise ?
>>
>>44185003
Yes, it's because so many douchebags try to sell it as a "computatave gaems"
to be the very best !

some kiddos have something to prove.

I'll let you guess why the big bad GW moved away from tournamnets...
>>
>>44186418
>Failed all the repair rolls
>Oh wait this isn't Infinity
>>
>Best list in the game, nothing can defeat it!

Morvahna the Dawnshadow (*5pts)
* Argus Moonhound (4pts)
* Argus Moonhound (4pts)
Shifting Stones (2pts)
* Stone keeper (1pts)
Tharn Bloodtrackers (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Nuala the Huntress (2pts)
Tharn Wolfriders (Leader and 4 Grunts) (10pts)
Warpborn Skinwalkers (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)
* Warpborn Alpha (3pts)
Gallows Grove (1pts)
Gallows Grove (1pts)
Reeve Hunter (2pts)
War Wolf (1pts)
War Wolf (1pts)
War Wolf (1pts)
Una (3pts)
* Rotterhorn Griffon (3pts)

This list can assassinate, attrition and just win consistently on scenario every single time.
So whatcha gon do? even 30 banes and 20 mc thralls will lose attrition to this.(sunder spirit lol)
Even EE doesn't stand a chance.
Colossal? LOL u ded. Even the wolf riders can take out a stormwall (prey, purification, re-rolls)
>>
>>44186821
>Best list in the game, nothing can defeat it!
I'd take that list on. Jut give me my old pal Siege and we can grind it out.

>Even the wolf riders can take out a stormwall
Unless the Cygnar player uses covering fires. Which kill Wolfriders on 7s.

Besides that, there's some weird stuff in that list. Why the shifting stones? Just to heal Morv? Why two Gallows Groves? Why two Moonhounds?
>>
>>44186691
What they always do. Apply Gunmages/Murder Ponies/Covering Fire/Mage Storm. Electro Leap/Magic Bullet the Surgeons out early.
>>
>>44186347
I'm also wondering if anyone has the new issue of No Quarter? Noone seems to be responding to this guy.
>>
>>44186691
Lose
>>
>>44190309
How new? The one with the Chef?

>>44190351
Now that's just plain wrong. Or palying wrong, that depends.
>>
>>44185943
>that mold line
disgraceful tbqph lad
>>
>>44186691
Play pHaley and laugh and laugh and laugh.
>>
>>44190369
Shitty pow 10 guns can't handle arm 21 banes
>>
>>44190587
And Cryx can't handle pHaley, ARM21 or not.

Like, when your entire battleplan is "charge", and your opponent says "No charging." you pretty much just suck and die in response.
>>
>>44190369
No Quarter 63. I don't know what's in it, besides more Nyss stuff, but there's no chefs in NQ 62.
>>
>>44190623
Are you retarded? Cryx doesn't need to charge you to win. Haley can't kill banes and you rust keep moving forward until they're dead
>>
>>44190309
>>44190663
>>44186347
If it's not in the OP the answer is no. Go buy from your LGS
>>
>>44190684
You're going to honestly suggest to me that the list posted above doesn't autolose to pHaley if they're not retarded.

You're really going to do that.
>>
>>44190698
>>44190309
>>44190663
>>44186347
Huh, I got it from an old thread, give me a couple minutes.
>>
File: 1449662536580.png (182 KB, 276x264) Image search: [Google]
1449662536580.png
182 KB, 276x264
>>44190699
How often does Haley1 win anything? How often Cryx does crush everything?

Haley1 can't handle arm 21, high arm is Cygnar's biggest weakness. Are you really that dumb?
>>
>>44190698
>implying that my LGS even stocks them
>>
>>44190717
http://www78.zippyshare.com/v/HfxgQiNL/file.html
>>
>>44190756
Captain Victoria Haley (*5pts)
* Stormwall (19pts)
* Squire (2pts)
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team (4pts)
Tactical Arcanist Corps (4pts)
Gastone Crosse (3pts)
* Galleon (18pts)
Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile (2pts)
Stormsmith Stormcaller (1pts)

Here's the list. Cracks armor just fine.
>>
>>44190587
And they're ARM21 all game. Sure mate, whatever.
>>
>>44190844
No it doesn't, that list gets steamrolled all the time. Why do you think no one plays out anymore?

Also,look you need 12s to kill Bane knights, and if you do you just made them faster. Way to go smart guy

>>44190945
Only on the turns that matter
>>
>>44190982
We're not talking about cryx in general man, we're talking about a specific list posted above.
>>
>>44190982
>Only on the turns that matter
I'm not going to argue this. Ask any semi-competent Cryx player how they think playing dudespam into Cygnar, specifically Haley1, will work out.
>>
>>44191044
OK, I'll tell you. Haley loses

Christ /tg/ is awful
>>
>>44191063
Semi competent
not wholly incompetent.
>>
>>44190756
No but you are. This >>44190844 is my nightmare. No movement, meaning banes only have a 10" threat if you prock vengeance, 7" if you don't. You'll be killing to much for my recursion. I'm arm21 for a turn and you're still going to kill at least 1/5th of the list.
Haley1 is as hard a counter to cryx as it comes
>>
>>44191222
>Not bringing Tartarsauce
>Confirmed for scrub tier
>>
>>44191328
Yeah that 2" charge distance will surely help when you CANNOT CHARGE. Confirmed for not understanding the matchup.
>>
>>44191328
Curse requires a charge man. You can't charge against pHaley.

You've never played this matchup before, have you?
>>
File: 1450034300512.gif (3 MB, 390x357) Image search: [Google]
1450034300512.gif
3 MB, 390x357
>>44191379
>>44191371
>Not charing from outside Haley's control area
>>
>>44191462
Yeah. Sure m80.
>>
>>44191462
Right, you're a troll.

Banes have a shorter threat than what pHaley is protecting.
>>
>>44191462

>implying Haley is just going to let you be outside of her 16" control area
>>
>>44191462
Also
>Ignoring the fact that Covering Fire templates are going to fuck your charge lanes all day every day.
>>
>>44190587
this must be some straya cunt. seriously do you practice at shitposting or does it come naturally?

here is a list that would shit all over it so hard it would be like the clouds had an enema are all gathered ontop of your army for one shit storm that would rival the largest chocolate filled hurricane.

System: Warmachine
Faction: Cygnar
Captain Victoria Haley (*5pts)
* Stormwall (19pts)
* Squire (2pts)
Arcane Tempest Gun Mages (Leader and 5 Grunts) (6pts)
* Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer (2pts)
* * Charger (4pts)
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team (4pts)
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt (4pts)
Tempest Blazers (Leader and 4 Grunts) (10pts)
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution (3pts)
>>
>>44191537
>>Also
>>Ignoring the fact that Covering Fire templates are going to fuck your charge lanes all day every day.

he's also ignoring that you can thunderbolt his banes into covering fire that's behidn them to take a 2nd hit if they survive the thunderbolt.
>>
legion player here
for next years tournament season I'm struggling between which two casters I want.

should I go ADR with lylth2 vayl1

or should I play the BB with pthags? I'll probably go saeryn or vayl2
>>
>>44191328
People don't usually bring BLT w/ D30, and yeah like that's really going to help against pHaley's 16" control

Anyway. Anyone play any fun games lkately? The dream was alive with Scaverous the otherday
>>
>>44192122
My e vlad list tg helped out on worked well.feated on ulhrans and a drakhun and liquified two angels.

Drago didn't do shit all game besides scoring points on the flag.
>>
>>44192122
>The dream was alive with Scaverous the otherday
My negro. What happened?

ClogCon was fun. Could recommend.
>>
>>44192318
Feat, icy touch,feast of worms, tk on butcher 3 down to 1 from croes, wrong eye influenced the dragoon solo who got the rest. Later had similar results with ruin and the withershadow

Skavvy is fun as fuck, I'm half tempted to gitgud with him
>>
>>44193109
Do it. Be the hero Cryx needs. If I played Cryx, it'd be him.
>>
>>44185327
What about Iron Fangs? I was thinking maybe storm knight if we go with something I can be one in.
>>
>>44193109
Make sure to play something that makes gunline scared in the second pairing.
>>
So I'm trying to find a good pair for my Makeda2 list and ideally, I'd need it to crack tons of armor and be decently speedy. With my current models, my choices are currently:
-Morghoul1
-Xerxis2
-Rasheth
-Xerxis1

Which one is going to be the best compliment? My Makeda2 list has Keltarii, Nihilators, and Incindiarii supporting Molik, an Archidon, and a Gladiator with beast handlers and Orin Midwinter/Willbreaker. Would a beast-heavy list be the most ideal army type for a compliment?
>>
>>44195199

Mak2 is normally who is used for what you are describing...

Any form of beast brick with either pMorg or eXerxes is going to be your best bet, just depends on if you would rather put up with a huge based caster or fury 5
>>
>>44195199

Chain gang and fists are also an option but both are relatively slow
>>
>>44195468
Chain gang with Croaks is crazy fast.
>>
>>44195199
Chain gang fatty list for beast heavy and gator goodness.
>>
>>44194620
Thats usually terminus
>>
>>44196547
Mortenebrah is also an option if feeling cheeky.
>>
>>44197247

Downside is it gets shot to hell and an unlucky spike drops a system.

Still fun as hell.

Guys I need foam. What's the best cheapest option for a Legion flying army?
>>
>>44197323
Grab just thick ass block of foam from a hardware store and just carve it out.
>>
>>44197374
They sell that?!
>>
>>44197989
Some do. I might be spoiled since I went to art college and nearby stores all had the weirdest crap.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.