[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to make a good Rick and Morty game out of Rogue Trader?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Is it possible to make a good Rick and Morty game out of Rogue Trader?
>>
Theoretically, yes.

I very much doubt your ability to do so though.
>>
>>44142380
No, because Rick and Morty is shit
>>
>>44142676
Let me guess, you think the show is reddit and that anyone who watches it is doing so because they think it's edgy and cool?
>>
Awww, shit.
I sense a greentext coming.
I don't know by who, but someone's gonna see this thread, and be like, "Why not?".
>>
>>44142380
Morty inherits the household, Rick is his grandfather/advisor and holds more influence and real power in the dynasty despite not being the head.
>>
>>44144798
Morty is the inheritor, Rick is his uncle and a heretek.
>>
>>44142380
How do you intend it to be a "Rick and Morty" game? Is one player going to be Rick, and another Morty? If there are more than two, are the rest of the players going to be the rest of the family? Does that mean that fucking Jerry is the Trader, because Rick sure as shit wouldn't want to. If you're just trying to capture the theme/tone, then I direct you to >>44142397. This is like the person who asked if they could utilize Unsounded's magic system. If you need to ask for help on /tg/, and in such a broad way, you're probably not clever enough to do it.
>>
File: 1449424735996.jpg (67 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
1449424735996.jpg
67 KB, 800x449
>>44142676
>>
>>44144833
>See... See this Mortimer the IVth?
>This is reee-UERRGH-al fucken heretical.
>That's w-w-w-why we've got to take it, Morty.
>We're the only ones smart enough to know how to handle it.
>So... uh... you grab it and I'll just hide behind this bulkhead and e-e-e-everything's going to be okay
>>
>>44142380
I mean anythings possible I suppose, but it doesn't seem like a good idea.
I'd use GURPS because it would work well for travelling multiple dimensions and shit.
>>
>>44142747
No, I just think it's bad
>>
>M-m-Mortimer, listen. I nee*eeerup*ed to taunt those orks. It-it-it's a good Moritmer. They'll think you're really *urp* funny, Mortimer. You just n-need to make 'em laugh.
>Aw geez, Ricard. I-I mean, they're pretty big. And they look like they want to hurt me.
>Jus-Just shut up and do it, I'll watch your back.
>*scene of Initiate Mortimer getting beaten up by orks while Inquistor Ricard Sanchez runs away*
>>
>>44142380
Speaking of Rick and Morty in the context of 40k, for some reason, the Haemonculi character and his Wrack assistant in the Path of the Dark Eldar books really reminded me of Rick and Morty.
>>
>>44146179
Nah rick would be grabbing the dakka and then blasting the orcs away. Then cybrorcing up moety and taking over the orc populace, sett up an imperial station and harnessing the orcs into a new labour market as miners and farm labours + mercs for the jobs under warlord Mortwaaagh! The cybork trader; his weapon system fueled by his followers belief in how awesome Rich makes them + there over active imagination.

This reminds me of that Gretchen bomberkrews with different colored planes and flightsuits on a rogue trader ship
>>
>>44142380
Would probably work great for a 2 player game. The GM plays as Rick which acts as the DMPC/Questgiver that is quite powerful but refuses to help even as morty gets his shit pushed in.
>>
>>44147128
that would be a good laugh.
The council of rocks is replaced with the council of magos.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.