[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's rank the Titans 1-5 /tg/. Not in any particular format,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 20151211_221838_499.jpg (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
20151211_221838_499.jpg
1 MB, 1080x1920
Let's rank the Titans 1-5 /tg/. Not in any particular format, just overall, in a vacuum, basically.

1: Primeval Titan
2: Sun Titan
3: Inferno Titan
4: Grave Titan
5: Frost Titan
>>
>>44142363
Anyone who doesn't answer Grave Titan as #1 is wrong
>>
>>44142363
>I don't know what "in a vacuum" means
>>
>>44142462
Throw your titans on the ground then clean them up.

Wherever they filter in the trash is how you rank them.

It's where they belong.
>>
>>44142462
You sure don't.
>>
>>44142428
How is having 2 shitty Zombie tokens better than being able to grab something like Flickerwisp, Brimaz, O Ring, Mirran Crusader, etc?
>>
>>44142558
>needs other cards to be good
In a vacuum means without anything else. In a vacuum, Sun Titan is just a 6/6 with vigilance, which is still a good rate but it doesn't compare to pretty much any of the other titans
>>
>>44142601
This In a vacuum is entirly based on its own impact, specifically not taking into account interaction.

Sun might be awesome with combo pieces or a heavy graveyard but by itself its nothing to Grave titan, none of them are,
>>
>>44142601
I don't think you really understand what "in a vacuum" means.

By himself, Grave Titan is just a dead card, because you need 6 mana to play him.

In a vacuum means without considering format or meta, not to compare the cards as if they didn't exist in a deck.
>>
>>44142691
>Words and phrases mean only what I say they mean so I can be right and you can be wrong
Well fuck you too then, buddy
>>
>>44142363
>in a vacuum
>sun titan isnt last on the list
I mean, if you want to ignore what you just wrote fine by me.
>>
>>44142800
It's the most useful definition.

It would be like saying jitte is worthless in a vacuum because you need a creature, or that Force of Will is just an overcosted counterspell since it's alternate cost requires a blue card in hand.
>>
>>44142899
But thats what ina vacuum means. Jitte IS worthless without a creature to make it good and force of will IS just a shitty counterspell without another blue spell and life to make it good.
>>
>>44142363
>Let's rank the Titans

1. Kozilek
2. Emrakul
3. Ulamog
4. Primeval Titan
5. Sun Titan
>>
File: NineTitans.jpg (47 KB, 300x385) Image search: [Google]
NineTitans.jpg
47 KB, 300x385
>>44143004
>>44142363
>>
>>44143030
Oh, shit. I completely forgot them. Planeswalker cards for them when?

1. Freyalise
2. Bo Levar
3. Urza
4. Lord Windgrace
5. Tevesh Szat
6. Commodore Guff (Why is he spelled "Gruff" on that picture?)
7. Taysir
8. Daria
9. Kristina
>>
>>44142939
Then Memnite is the strongest card in the game, in a vacuum. In fact, it's the only card that can actually do anything to make you win, in a vacuum.
>>
>>44142899
Both of them require you to play something alongside of them to be good. Grave Titan by itself is the most powerful because it doesn't require anything on an empty board/graveyard.

Yes, you need lands to cast them, saying that shit is like saying, "Still dies to removal" and to that fuck off because it doesn't say anything of its power level.

As someone who is a curator of a cube, Grave Titan is by far has the most impact because it doesn't require you to build a deck around it.

In a draft standpoint

1. Grave Titan
2. Primeval Titan
3. Sun Titan
4. Frost Titan
5. Inferno Titan

This is what we've found through our cube (Which goes through a lot of changes and tested/drafted enough to have an idea of power level). Grave Titan was removed solely based on too powerful of a card and too easily to slot into any black deck. It just allowed you to go from a terrible position to a winning position too easily without much effort. Frost Titan and Inferno Titan were removed due to lowest impact and low draft picks in our play group. Does it make them bad cards? No, but we're all decent players who have an idea of card evaluation. Sun Titan is better than Primeval Titan only if your deck is about getting value out of it, which is harder to do in a cube, and hard enough to be repetitive about it.

As someone who plays Modern and Legacy a lot at my FNM as well, I think Primeval Titan is by far the strongest in both of those formats, followed by Grave Titan in Legacy because of Young Frankenstein and Sun Titan in Modern (Possibly) in those U/W Flicker decks. I've seen Inferno Titan as a Scapeshift Finisher before, so Frost Titan is probably last for those two constructed formats. (These are based off of my observations so fight me)
>>
File: freya.png (145 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
freya.png
145 KB, 223x311
>>44143077
...You know Freyalise has a card now, right?
>>
>>44143144
Of course I know. The other eight are still missing, though.
>>
>>44143170
Only Windgrace is alive. The others won't get cards.
>>
>>44143079
Wrong, dryad arbor is just as good in a vacuum.
>>
>>44143187
>The others won't get cards.

Urza will get a four color card in Commander 2016. Screencap this.
>>
>>44143233

Why would I screencap something so blatantly wrong?
>>
>>44142363
I'll rate them on sexiness:

1. Frost Titan - That fucking bulge, god damn
2. Sun Titan - knows how to dress, pretty hair
3. Inferno Titan - Very fit, built like a tree trunk, naked, beard
4. Primeval Titan - Also naked but kinda ugly
5. Grave Titan - Great muscles however if you aren't into necrophilia and gang bangs it's not gonna be a fun date
>>
>>44142363
I agree
>>
>>44142363
Frost Titan beats the other 4 in a fight if you're not playing any other cards afterwards or don't have any thing that interacts with Sun Titan or Primetime's abilities. He just taps the titan and you're left with nothing (sun and primeval) 2 2/2s (which are irrelevant in a face of a 6/6) or 3 damage to the face.

Primetime's the most powerful with a larger cardpool available to it. Grave Titan is generally second best if you're dealing with efficient all purpose removal since it leaves something behind, possibly the same with Sun Titan but any format it's legal in, if you're playing cheap white shit then you can't afford to be playing a six drop unless it's, like, commander or some shit.
>>
File: grave_titan.jpg (38 KB, 576x436) Image search: [Google]
grave_titan.jpg
38 KB, 576x436
>>44142558
>Flickerwisp, Brimaz, O Ring, Mirran Crusader
Because we're in a vacuum and can't rely on those you retard. Do you even know what "in a vacuum" fucking means?

If I'm drafting some anon's cube that I've never seen before and see grave titan and sun titan in the pack, I'm going to pick grave titan every time because I have no knowledge of which cards are within the cube that I could potentially pair with sun titan to break the game.

Meanwhile Grave Titan is a self contained package that basically asks the opponent if they have an immediate answer, and then revs up the gravy train to value town if they answer "no."
>>
>>44145486
Femanon or gayanon?
>>
>>44142363
>>
>>44143233
Urza already has a card you dunce.
>>
>>44143119
If we're going to put them head to head, though, frost titan wins because it just taps out the opposing titan forever.
>>
>>44152326
Not as a planeswalker he hasn't.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.