[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When was the last time you played a character who was/is just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10
File: qevqK[1].jpg (141 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
qevqK[1].jpg
141 KB, 1280x720
When was the last time you played a character who was/is just a horrible person? How did it go?
>>
>>44136768
Better question to ask is when was the last time you DIDN'T play a horrible person?

99% of adventurers are self-serving murderhobos.
>>
>>44136768
Apparently that's what my first real session of D&D is going to be. Going to betray the party at the explicit request of the DM.
>>
>>44136982
Betray the DM.

What a twist!
>>
>>44136982
Holy shit you're
>>44136913
>>
>>44137124
Astonishing, I know.

I posted that before realizing that it would make me look like a complete attention whore. Mainly I'm not sure what the crap to do with the character, so I figured the shotgun approach would be most likely to net some advice.
>>
He died. Turns out being a jackass in a world of monsters is one way to quickly get yourself swallowed whole by a behemoth.
>>
>>44136982
>>44137124
oh man this is going to be hilarious. you're going to get so much shit and the party will probably kill your speshul paladin since you betrayed them 'last character'.
Just remember, D&D players will ALWAYS judge you OOC, so be ready for the hate to follow you.
>>
One shot the other day: played a zelous preist on a quest to kill a dragon. Turns out the dragon was a nice girl, my character still wanted to kill it.

Went full Dick Dastardly; acid filled sheep, assistant named Muttley, went to her cave and committed hate crimes. Fun times. He died enacting 'Escape plan alpha' when the entire party turned on him.
>>
>>44137941
We're all pretty good friends - the only one I haven't known for years is the DM. If anything, they'll think it's hilarious, since doing something like that would be completely out of character for me IRL. I'm the last guy you'd expect to be plotting a betrayal.

It's not like I'm going to actually attempt to kill one of their characters - at worst I'll sell them out to the BBEG and then die a comically humiliating death.
>>
>>44138206

kind of lame that he's pegging a character class totally unlike what you actually want to play for your first time, though. That's pretty unaccommodating. Did he really have nothing in mind for a paladin being in a dungeon?

Actually, pretend this post didn't exist if you answered in the other thread already and i'm a retard who can't read
>>
>>44138298
We probably could have found a way to work it in, honestly, but he pointed out that the dungeon was not a known haunt at that point and the PCs were the first to discover anything fishy going on. There would've been no reason for a Paladin to be dicking around in it whatsoever.

Honestly, the rogue thing is growing on me, simply because that gives the Paladin a good reason to storm into the dungeon - he's been after the rogue and only just now tracked him to the mausoleum.

By the way, to give you an idea of the group.

>Fighter asks "hey, is our Druid in a pissing match with the 'unnatural' wall yet?"
>Sorceror jumps in: "Is the wall illusory?"
>Dunno, ask the Druid
>Hey Druid, you gettin' any splash-back?

They'll accept any level of betrayal if it's funny enough.
>>
Currently playing one, it's great. Game before last he sold 12 people into slavery and got away with it.
>>
>>44136768

Lol, source? Google suggests Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai but that doesn't seem right.
>>
>>44138768
It is right.

I can't remember the exact context of that screenshot, but it isn't really happening.
>>
>>44136768
It was a character for pbf game. Joined the rebels fighting the usurping king only to sold them to pirates... and then sold the pirates to the general of the usurper. I pretty much fucked up three different groups (civilians got hit by proxy) in the process just to prove I could.
>>
>>44138558
> There would've been no reason for a Paladin to be dicking around in it whatsoever.

A vision from whatever god the Paladin follows telling him to investigate the dungeon.

The Paladin's order sending him into a dungeon where nothing of note is happening to see if his survival skills are up to roaming the world.
>>
>>44139050
Like I said, we probably could have found a way to work it in, but by and large the story as it stand precludes it, so it'd take some stretching.

The vision from a god could work, but the mausoleum in question, as noted, was not a known haunt (it was just about forgotten, in fact), so the paladin's order sending him there would be a heck of a stretch.

I do appreciate the suggestions, though, and I'll see about passing some of them along to the DM. I don't want to go back on him after I've committed to the rogue idea, but it might help him out later on.
>>
>>44136768
I played Vantas Delian, a would-be bandit leader, on a Minecraft Elder Scrolls RP server. The plan was to start a bandit group, and unite all of Akavir's criminals under my guidance. (There was a severe lack of bad guys at the time and I hoped I could change that.) Unfortunately, I hadn't considered HOW I would start recruiting for my gang, and my self proclaimed criminal mastermind got himself hung when he asked some leading questions of the wrong person.
>>
Techprist/Magus Biologious

Basically treated anyone who wasn't more important than me or part of my cell as a possible subject. Also regarded people in my cell as subjects, but didn't use anything that would kill them(immediately).

Pretty much just ruined people's lives for the sake of science.
>>
>>44136768
That was my last character.
He stole everything he wanted, and never gave a single fuck.
At many points I actually felt uncomfortable playing him.

He never killed anyone except in self defense though, though from experience, bold-faced theft pisses a lot more people off a lot more than a couple of murders.
>>
>>44139680
is that server still around? a friend and I have been looking for new minecraft RP servers after the last few we tried either were full of dicks or died prematurely
>>
I created a conman type bard in my current campaign. However when our DM had to go overseas for work he let me take over as DM so we decided that for the last session he DMs, my character would betray the others, steal the McGuffin and leave them all for dead. Now the rest of the party is trying to track down my character and get revenge.
>>
>>44136768
I pretty much always do this. Not the high-octane evil 'betray everyone to Morgoth' or whatever, but just petty little things. Like racism against gnomes, or an unwillingness to spare anything I see as evil, or being Lannister Brutal. The way I figure it, most people are a barrel of dildoes. You just have to find their trigger to see it in action. Super white knights who are always flawless are unrealistic in that people will always be people.
>>
File: Akavir Map v2.4.png (8 MB, 3133x2622) Image search: [Google]
Akavir Map v2.4.png
8 MB, 3133x2622
>>44139939
Nope, died a year or so ago. A splinter group was making a new Fallout server in the style of the old one but I don't know if that's gone anywhere. They were calling it "Fallout: Nuclear Winter", if that helps.

Pic related, it's the map the Breton researcher I played after Vantas made of the region.
>>
>>44140786
I'm gonna post the color version too, because I made this thing personally over days of work and I will use any excuse to show off my handiwork.
>>
File: AOOF Territory Map.png (544 KB, 1200x1250) Image search: [Google]
AOOF Territory Map.png
544 KB, 1200x1250
>>44140825
And this was the map for the Fallout server from the same community, 'Ashes Of Our Fathers'.
>>
>>44136768
Currently doing so right now with one of my characters (I have two in one campaign). Muru is a witch who communed with demons, sacrificed people, murdered for profit and tried to steal knowledge from government agencies. She got killed for the last one and her heart was transplanted into another soldier, this was a mistake because she managed to take control with the help of a fairy and then stuffed her current bodies original owner into a wolf and bound him to her as a familiar. The reason she didn't just kill him was because he has very impressive willpower and would probably come back as a revenant if she did.
>>
>>44140786
damn, nice map though.
>>
>>44138558
>playing one character as a setup for the DM's plot and the character you really want to play
This is advanced storytelling.
>>
>>44139680
Shot in the dark here, but were you on that modded RP server where the horsefaggots destroyed the planet with infused fire?
>>
Normally when I decide I've been playing nice people too long and try to play an absolute shitheel for a change it turns out that everyone else in the game statted an asshole as well and I still end up being one of the nicer people by default.

Seriously this even happened with the character that was a charismatic serial killer. And the character that opened death camps.
>>
>>44141319
No, the community was RP-Craft, and the servers were 'Fallout: Sins Of Our Fathers', 'The Elder Scrolls: Akavir', and 'Fallout: Ashes Of Our Fathers', in order.
>>
File: Dinosaurus.jpg (103 KB, 425x589) Image search: [Google]
Dinosaurus.jpg
103 KB, 425x589
>>44136768

My current complete bastard of a character is a mish-mash between The Lizard from Spider-Man and Dinosaurus (pic related) from Invincible; part scientist-turned-lizardman in an experiment to uplift humanity, part violent, cannibalistic eco-terrorist. He uses people as tools and would gladly let the entire city burn to the ground if it meant being reunited with his sister. Recently he effectively sold his soul to Lamashtu to become her champion in exchange for the power necessary to see his plans come to fruition.

Still haven't quite gotten to "turn everyone in the city into mutant lizard-people" just yet, but he's working on it.
>>
>>44136768
It would be fun to play a gang of real low-lives cheeruflly raping random villages for the joy of it.
>>
File: Chaotic Evil Campaign.jpg (41 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
Chaotic Evil Campaign.jpg
41 KB, 400x366
>>44142806
No, it would be this.
>>
>>44137838
>>44137941

How would your DM react to having things sprung on him?

> "I've kept up my end of the bargain, now give me back my daughter!"
> Baffled GM: "What daughter?"
> "My daughter, you said you wouldn't hurt her if I- you didn't. No No, Nooooo!"
> Slow-mo Rocky Balboa scream: "Adrian, Adrian! Adriaaannnn!"
> Suicide Charge the villain.
>>
File: drive safe popcorn.jpg (128 KB, 543x960) Image search: [Google]
drive safe popcorn.jpg
128 KB, 543x960
>>44143111
This man knows whats up.

Betraying them would sour the party. Doing this could make a very memorable session with a great one shot character.
>>
>>44143096
It could be

Say if they raped the whole village. Animals, furnature, vehicles, buildings. Anyone who gives consent is held in a tacky waiting room until they "aren't in the mood".
>>
In one of the games I'm playing, I'm playing a pretty strong bored Lich.

He has a lot of people under his command, including the party, most of which he had to kill and raise again under his control at some point.

The character's mostly not even doing that much evil stuff, outside from, well, a shit ton of messing with the occult, and would often be pretty civil.

I'd still easily call him a horrible person, as whenever he starts getting bored, he just starts looking for trouble, making people stronger, killing or torturing people, just generally messing with the world, thinking of himself as an outsider who's above them.

He also doesn't actively participate in any fight if he thinks the party can win without his help.
>>
>>44136768
About a year or two ago. I was playing a female thief who was a war refugee and turned her into a empress through the course of the game. She ended up becoming one of the main antagonists for the groups future campaigns after I left.

Her exploits included abandoning the part on multiple occasions, Countless thefts (My favorite being the theft of a kingdom's treasury), and having her leadership secretly supported by a order of Anti-paladins while also being supported by a Paladin order.
>>
It was a few years back. He was a disgraced paladin who was a horrible misogynist and pedophile.
My group actually liked his turmoil, trying to be an icon of justice but struggling against twisted urges.
He eventually committed suicide after being unable to reconcile dealing with women more noble than himself.
>>
File: Ohn.png (45 KB, 905x861) Image search: [Google]
Ohn.png
45 KB, 905x861
Currently am. It's going well. He's now the Lord Paladin[sic] of a kingdom, and is planning to invade a weaker neighbour so he and his allies can gain control of an important strait and the only bridge that crosses said strait.

Our DM even made a lovely map of it.
>>
>>44136982
Betray the DM, and bro the party
>>
>>44147998
>paladin
>invading a weaker neighbor
>>
>>44148140
>Lord Paladin[sic]
>Not a missfitting bullshit title
>>
>>44138922
It's from an OVA where they're collaboratively writing a story.

Yukimura contributed the screencap, naturally.
>>
>>44136768
I kill people for money. I don't think it gets much worse than that without raping everything while I'm at it.
>>
File: 1447750493484.jpg (51 KB, 453x352) Image search: [Google]
1447750493484.jpg
51 KB, 453x352
>>44136768
right now, I'm playing a witch hunter, someone didn't give us our information so I shot a crossbow at his tent while he was inside, then the monk drop kicked it over and the old man had a heart attack.
>>
>>44146779

Drive safe, Popcorn.
>>
>>44142806
>for the joy of it

Real lowlifes are actually more pragmatic people I don't see a group of psycopaths that rape for fun working together, some troup of bandits that pillage villages then rape sounds better.
>>
File: 1445728378604.png (203 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1445728378604.png
203 KB, 600x600
Played a pirate that slept with his captain's mermaid wife, almost shot a baby, pissed on his former captain from an airship, hoarded all the party's booze never letting them have a drop of it, and whipped out his dick in an assembly held by the ice elf queen in front of ambassadors from all parts of the continent.

He was fun to play. I usually don't play dickish characters, in fact most of them are pretty definitively L/NG, but I wanted to play an asshole for once and it was great.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.