[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MKK - Mortal Kombat Quest #25
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: MKK2.png (61 KB, 620x435) Image search: [Google]
MKK2.png
61 KB, 620x435
Hello and welcome back to Mortal Kombat Konquest! When we last left our hero, he had just made it to Edenia after escaping the foul reaches of the Netherrealm. But it seems as though he has only left the frying pan and found the fire, as mere moments after entering the realm, a great portal opened and the forces of hell, led by Shinnok himself, began to invade the realm.

Obligatory Thread Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA

Past Threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mortal+Kombat+Konquest
Thread 6 was improperly archived: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/40414231/

Our Current Protagonist: http://pastebin.com/SkuVJfbb
NEW! Rules for Kombat: http://pastebin.com/Ztq1QQua

Damashi's Twitter for updates about the game: https://twitter.com/DamashiKonquest

Our story continues now!
>>
File: Woman.jpg (31 KB, 677x540) Image search: [Google]
Woman.jpg
31 KB, 677x540
Otiak looks on from the side of the mountain at the massive fiery gap between realms, seeing the armies of hell march forth. The sky darkens with red clouds and throngs of winded demons and the ground becomes a sea of foot soldiers.

"This is terrible," the woman alongside him whispers. "Edenia is not ready for such an attack."

"I need to reach the royal palace," Otiak says, mostly to himself. "I have to help them!"

"Then I shall keep you no longer," she says. "Go forth."

"Wait," he holds up a hand. "I want to take you up on your offer for your gift, but not now. Later. I may be... different. I'll leave you with a password: sodlid. When I return, I'll use it so you know it is me."

"Very well, I shall remember it," she replies. "Hurry!"

Otiak nods and goes to retrieve the unconscious Korbin and the jar containing the enenra that is Smoke. With them, he teleports away, further down the mountain, to its base. He looks around and tries to think of the best way to the palace.

>A) Head into the forest
>B) Take the road
>C) Follow the nearby river
>D) Other
>>
>>44135156
>>C) Follow the nearby river
if i remember there's a water fall by the palace
>>
>>44135156
>>C) Follow the nearby rive
>>
>>44135156
>C) Follow the nearby river
the forest would be more ideal to hide from the flying armada, but Jade could loose us and we could get lost on the way as well.
>>
>>44136036
>>44136621
>>44136720

Otiak spies a nearby river and heads toward it, remembering that there is a waterfall near the palace. He opes this leads to it. After reaching its edge, he discovers that it indeed flows in the direction of the royal palace and the Netherrealm portal.

Despite how light on his feet he is, Korbin weighs a lot, as the birdfolk are naturally larger than most human or near-human species. The jar containing Smoke is also heavy. Otiak pauses briefly to catch his breath when he notices an old man sitting on a wooden stump fishing in the river.

The fisherman has a boat tied to the stump next to him and does not seem to notice Otiak, nor the impending onslaught of the demon hordes. Otiak looks at the boat and thinks it would do nicely to get him to where he needs to be at a faster pace...

>A) Warn him and keep moving
>B) Ask him if you can use his boat
>C) Steal his boat
>D) Convince him to come with you for his safety
>E) Other
>>
>>44136879
>>D) Convince him to come with you for his safety
>>
>>44136879
>>D) Convince him to come with you for his safety
>>
>>44136879
>D) Convince him to come with you for his safety
Better get rowing fast and furious, and keep those Super Meter bars on the ready, we might have to teleport all four of us out in short notice
>>
>>44136896
>>44136920
>>44136995

Otiak looks at the man and approaches him. "Excuse me, but there is great danger coming. We need to take your boat to the royal palace! Edenia is being invaded!"

"Shhh," he says. "You'll scare away the big one."

Otiak looks into the water and sees nothing.

"Sir, please, there are actual demons approaching. We need to go!"

"No patience," the man says. "Several centuries I have sat and fished here. Today may be the day I catch him."

Otiak nearly throws up his arms in frustration. "Today might be the day you die at the hands of demons, too, you old fool!"

He continues to fish.

>A) Help him catch the fish
>B) Take his boat and leave him
>C) Throw him into the boat and leave with him
>D) Other
>>
>>44137508
>>A) Help him catch the fish
use our tounge
if we cant get him the one he wants then
>C) Throw him into the boat and leave with him
>>
>>44137508
Edenia hasn't been back a year, what the heck is he talking about? I don't want to leave him, but I'm afraid if we bring him against his will, his trashing might break the jar
>>
>>44137552
seconding this, that's actually great
>>
>>44137553
Thats a really good point. I think its some mystical test again. So
>>44137508
>A) Help him catch the fish
>>
I probably won't be around when we'll have to make this decision, so i say it now; I think we should leave Korbin in Edenia where he is most needed by his people, and send Jade to bring this jar of smoke to the Lin Kuei. They'll take care of the problem, and Sub-Zero is more than willing to take swing at Shinnok.
Meanwhile we should head to outworld, to find Tremor, and maybe ask help from Kotal if ShaoXSindel hasn't invaded yet Or killed them all [\spoiler]
>>
>>44137552
>>44137579
>>44137652

Otiak rolls his eyes. "I don't have time to waste, old man! I'll help you catch this fish."

"You cannot catch a fish with impatience," the old man replies.

"No, but I bet I can catch one with my tongue!" Otiak opens his mouth and shoots his long tongue out into the water and starts wiggling it around, searching for a fish.

"I would not do that," the old man says. "You cannot catch a fish with impatience, but you can catch one with good bait. And--"

Suddenly, something clamps down on Otiak's tongue hard and yanks him into the water with more strength than any fish ought to have! The saurian flies into the water and vanishes.

"--your tongue looks like a large worm."

The old man sighs and climbs into his boat.

Down below the surface, Otiak opens his mouth to scream out a torrent of bubbles as he is dragged along the bottom of the river by a gigantic red fish with long whiskers and wide yellow eyes. The fish pulls him along, indifferent to his struggling, softly chewing on the saurian's tongue.

Otiak fights to right himself as the fish swims around a large rock at the bottom, which he smacks into. He shakes his head as best he can and grabs onto the enormous fish's wriggling tail.

>1d100 and an action!
>>
>>44137667
jade is a bit emotionally unstable so i dont trust her
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>44137885
punch it in the gills to stun it
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>44137885
Get to its head and rip it off
>>
>>44137932
God damn it first roll in a while and I fuck it up
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>44137885
stab its eyes out
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>44137885
reel in and punch it in the eyeball
>>
File: 101287_2064697.jpg (127 KB, 800x457) Image search: [Google]
101287_2064697.jpg
127 KB, 800x457
>>44137910
>>44137932

Otiak tries to straighten and pull himself up to its neck and head, but again the fish wiggles, spinning slightly. Otiak is briefly dragged along the murky bottom of the blue river.

>>44137989
>>44137994

Determined to not be made a fool of by a fish, Otiak pulls himself up to the fish's head and reaches its eye. He curls his hand into a fist and punches the fish's eye out, causing the creature to let go and swim away, leaving him behind. The fish violently knocks him aside with its tail as it dashes off beyond his reach.

Otiak suddenly sees a small fishing line dropped near his head. He grabs onto it and the old man pulls him up to the surface where he takes a large breath of air.

The old man looks at him, unimpressed. "I suppose I should give you a ride to the palace for your trouble," he says as he holds a hand out to the saurian.

Otiak grabs his hand and gasps as the old man pulls him into the boat with one arm. On one end is Korbin and the jar containing Smoke. "But... but how?" he says between pants.

"You've much to learn," the man says as he rows along downriver. "And you cost me the big one for today. I imagine he won't come back for some time with the injury you gave him."

>A) Sit in silence
>B) Who are you anyway?
>C) Ask him if all fish in Edenia are that big
>D) Ask him what he meant by several hundred years when Edenia hasn't been back for nearly that long
>E) Other
>>
>>44138315
>>D) Ask him what he meant by several hundred years when Edenia hasn't been back for nearly that long
>>
>>44138315
>B+D
>>
>>44138315
>D) Ask him what he meant by several hundred years when Edenia hasn't been back for nearly that long
>>
>>44138315
>B) Who are you anyway?
>>
RIP Damashi
>>
>>44139591
Kim came to Maryland to finish what he started.
>>
File: old-man-lg.jpg (55 KB, 350x480) Image search: [Google]
old-man-lg.jpg
55 KB, 350x480
>>44138368
>>44138376
>>44138382
>>44138525

"Who are you, anyway? And just what did you mean by several hundred years? I know that Edenia hasn't been back for that long."

"I did not let the fact that my fish was in Outworld stop me from fishing for it."

"So you've been trying to catch him for several centuries? Why?"

"Because I find peace in it! I need no better reason. I would always fish when I come down from my mountain home."

Otiak sits back and looks at the old man, this time seriously thinking about his face and what he looks like. He notices the man's beard for the first time and suddenly comes to a realization.

He's seen this old man before.

In Outworld, before meeting the half-shokan Rokuro, the old man warned him about the warrior on top of the mountain. The man who tricked Kaito into going up the mountain to battle Rokuro.

>A) Ask him what powers he truly possesses
>B) Ask him for his name
>C) Tell him you recognize him
>D) Other
>>
>>44139935
>>A) Ask him what powers he truly possesses
>>
>>44139935
>>A) Ask him what powers he truly possesses
>>
>>44139935
>A) Ask him what powers he truly possesses
>>
>>44139935
>B) Ask him for his name
>>
>>44139935
>>B) Ask him for his name
>>
File: skogafoss-iceland-islandiya.jpg (18 KB, 290x181) Image search: [Google]
skogafoss-iceland-islandiya.jpg
18 KB, 290x181
>>44140008
>>44140125
>>44140247
>>44141155
>>44140427

"What power do you truly possess, old man?"

"That's not for you to worry about."

"Then why not help me fight against the legions that are invading Edenia?"

"That's not for me to worry about."

Otiak folds his arms. "You're a very stubborn and not very helpful old man, you know that?"

"Perhaps, but I am also not the one who was dragged by the tongue by a giant fish."

"How about your name, at the very least?"

"Zhang."

"Shang?"

"Zhang!"

"Alright, sorry."

Not far up ahead, the river turns into a waterfall. Beyond it is the palace. Otiak nearly stands up in the boat to get a closer look at the massive portal not far from the palace and can only imagine the battle that must be raging on the palace grounds.

The old man pulls the boat closer to the edge of the river and stops it from going any further towards the waterfall with the oar. "This is as far as I go," he says.

Otiak teleports out of the boat and onto the shore with Korbin and Smoke's jar. He considers his options; he is near the waterfall, which means the palace is atop a large landmass across the massive gap he finds himself on the other side of. He could go down the waterfall, but that would be dangerous. There is a bridge nearby, but getting to it would take some time. Finally, he could attempt teleporting across the gap, onto the back of the palace itself, but that would be straining on his powers.

>A) Jump down the waterfall
>B) Head towards the bridge
>C) Teleport
>D) Other
>>
>>44142148
>C) Teleport
Fuck it, we can burn an EX Teleport to get there faster than anything else.
>>
>>44142192
Ditto, we do not have the time for anything else.
>>
>>44142148
>>C) Teleport
>>
File: Grand_Palace_of_Edenia.jpg (188 KB, 1310x950) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Palace_of_Edenia.jpg
188 KB, 1310x950
>>44142192
>>44142377
>>44142454

Holding both Korbin and Smoke close, Otiak focuses as hard as he can and teleports them in a green mist across the expanse, straight onto the back lounge area of the castle. The saurian looks around and remembers seeing this place from when he was watching Johnny Cage speak to Sindel. Otiak doesn't notice anyone in the immediate area, giving him a chance to place Korbin aside along with Smoke and consider his next move.

>A) Hide Korbin and Smoke; explore the palace
>B) Try to wake Korbin up
>C) Bring them with you as you explore the palace
>D) Other
>>
>>44143076
>>
>>44143076
>>B) Try to wake Korbin up
>>
>>44143076
>D)
Leave Korbin, I don't know how much more travel he can survive, if we see anyone tell them to come help him. Take the jar with us and try to find someone who can point us to the royal family.
>>
>>44143076
>>
File: Korbin.png (210 KB, 515x465) Image search: [Google]
Korbin.png
210 KB, 515x465
>>44143091
>>44143164
>>44143657

Otiak kneels next to Korbin and gently shakes him. When this proves ineffective, he violently shakes him. This works slightly better.

The raven's eye shoots open and he nearly bolts upright. "Otiak! What's happened?"

"You smoked some hard stuff," Otiak compliments him. "I got a magic lady to heal you."

He looks around. "Where are we? The sky is red. Are we still in the Netherrealm?"

"Good news: we're in Edenia. Bad news: Shinnok's invading."

"We need to get to the palace immediately!"

"Step one, over and done. We're there."

"And the royal family? Where are they?"

"No idea. That's why I woke you up. We need to find them and help fight off Shinnok and his demons."

>A) Split up
>B) Head for the Throne Room
>C) Head for the upper levels
>D) Head for the courtyard
>E) Head to the gardens
>F) Go straight to the dungeons
>G) Other
>>
>>44143791
>>B) Head for the Throne Room
>>
>>44143791
>A) Split up
all right gang, lets split up and look for clues.
>>
>>44143791
>>G) Other
Head to Mileena's room, protect her dollies!
>>
>>44143791
>B)
Hopefully someone is barking orders
>>
>>44143791
>>B) Head for the Throne Room
>>
>>44143791
>B) Head for the Throne Room
>>
>>44143818
>>44143913
>>44144136
>>44144145

Otiak helps Korbin up to his feet. "Let's head to the throne room," he suggests. "Surely, her majesty must be coordinating the defense of Edenia from there!"

"Lead the way," Otiak says and they both take off running. Along the way, the saurian cannot help but notice that the halls are devoid of guards and everything is strangely silent.

Before they can make it into the throne room, Korbin suddenly stops and holds up an arm. Otiak is about to ask what is going on when the birdman holds up a single finger to his beak to indicate silence.

They both creep closer and listen.

"You have done well preparing the throne room for our Lord Shinnok," a deep voice says. Otiak knows it, he has heard it before...

"It was not a difficult task." This voice was feminine... Tanya! "And we have a gift for your lord."

He hears a sharp fingersnap and a third figure's steps can be heard. Otiak cloaks and sticks his head around the corner.

The three Quasi-Chi brothers are standing in the throne room, talking to Tanya. At her side is Rain, her fellow traitor and secret lover. The purple ninja walks forward and takes something out of his pocket: a green and glowing soul gem.

"And this...?" Zarr Chi asks as Rain holds it up.

"It contains the soul of Liu Kang," Rain replies, and there's an all-too-satisfied tone to his voice as he holds the soul of the Earthrealmer who bested him in the palm of his hand.
>>
>>44144548

"It must have been difficult to obtain from Sindel..." the summoner says.

"It is not given freely," Tanya says as Zarr reaches for it. "We have upheld our end of the deal. We expect Shinnok to do the same. This soul will be given to him personally."

"Where is he?" Rain asks.

The three Chi brothers look at each other. "He will be here soon enough. He is attending to other matters."

This isn't good. The odds are against Otiak if he tries to make a move... Where could Kitana, Sindel, and Mileena be? What of Jade? The treachery of Tanya and Rain has now been enacted, and their possession of Liu Kang's soul gem could only mean they stole it or that Sindel may be dead once more...

"We must act!" Korbin whispers urgently.

>A) Wait and see what happens
>B) Spring into action and attack
>C) Investigate more of the palace
>D) Split up with Korbin
>E) Other
>>
>>44144572
>>B) Spring into action and attack

Fuuuuuuck
>>
>>44144572
>B) Spring into action and attack
Last time we were in this situation Shao Kahn teleported his palace to earthrealm
>>
>>44144572
We can't let them take Liu Kang's soul, but we can't just jump in either. We need an opening.
>>
>>44144572
>C)
We need to find and rescue the royal family, we cannot fight this on our own.
>>
File: 1423957186077.jpg (153 KB, 887x675) Image search: [Google]
1423957186077.jpg
153 KB, 887x675
Sorry for how slowly I updated today, it was a very, very busy Saturday. Good news is I've got nothing going on tomorrow so I should be much faster with the updates. Going to hit bed now, I'll update as soon as I get up.
>>
>>44144721
Night boss
>>
Maybe we can go in invisible and disable one of them with a sneak attack to the throat or something? Then with Korbin with us, it's only 2 on 1 odds?
>>
>>44144721
Night man.
>>
>>
>>44144735
Even better idea, we run in invisible, yoink the Kang gem out of their hand, and peace the fuck out as fast as we can run.
>>
>>44144735
Still too risky since we have no idea how much presence the enemy has in the palace. We do know Shinnok won't be here for a bit, so I say we find the royal family, then if Shinnok hasn't arrived we can take these assholes on.
>>
>>44144955
I'm really not comfortable with even the slightest chance they could end up with a mind controlled version of the-only-guy-in-the-universe-who-can-kill-end-bosses-besides-us on their side.

On account of, y'know, he might actually be as tough as he's canonically supposed to be under Damashi's pen, unlike in MKX.
>>
>>44145114

>Liu gets resurrected
>Gets one-shotted five minutes later by a literally who

I have enough faith in Damashi that he wouldn't do that

I mean it took TWO Shang Tsungs and a nat 1 to kill him in this timeline
>>
Well so much for entrusting Edenia's defense to the Edenians.
I don't know how Damashi does that, but every time, I think we are deep in shit, he goes; "What are you talking about? Here; let me show you deep!"
>>
>>44144572
this is the worst fighting situation. We most likely wait. Eiher the'll give it to the Chi's and we'll be free of the traitor couple, or they'll keep it, and we'll have the Chis out of our hair.
>>
>>44144572
>B) Fuck it, Leeroy Jenkins I guess.

But seriously, invisible gem theft sounds like the least retarded move.
>>
You know what would be really awkward?
We would fail to grab the thing everyone is currently looking at, AND break the jar in the process
>>
>>44147314
Don't jinx it.
>>
>>44148111
Just sayin. We got a by description big, fragile and hollow item with us that makes running away rather difficult. We are also trying to engage five hostile target unaware in a warzone they created themselves.
>>
>>44145300

To be fair, we knew from the beginning that Tanya and Rain were bad guys.
>>
>>44149664
I also kinda thought the Edenains knew it as well, since Mileena identified the same scent on Rain and Quan Chi's empty cell. Rain himself admitted that it's his deodorant
>>
>>44149692

Speaking of which, I wonder why Mileena never came forward about that.
>>
>>44149720
We told Kitana in Mileena's Quest before we departed to the Netherrealm with Jade. She said they'll handle it when they get back
>>
File: Ermac's Gem.png (17 KB, 120x97) Image search: [Google]
Ermac's Gem.png
17 KB, 120x97
>>44146096
>>44144602
>>44144594
>>44144890

Otiak's mind races. He knows that he's outnumbered and likely outclassed--as good as he is, he doubts he and Korbin could take on all five of them with no backup. He looks back at the raven and hands him the jar with Smoke.

"They have Liu Kang's soul," he whispers. "They can NOT keep it. But we can't fight them."

"What do we do?"

"I'm going to grab it. You stay hidden; stay alive. I'm going to make myself a target. Find the royal family! Do you understand?"

He nods and takes the jar. Otiak prepares himself for what must surely be a dangerous manuever...

>Roll 1d100 to see how successful he is at grabbing the soul gem!
>Alternatively,
>Burn an Enhanced to turn completely invisible and roll 1d100+20 to try and grab the gem!
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>44150098
I was thinking that we might take the form of an oni, run in and flailing wildly shouting "Masters! Masters!" and throw ourselves before the Chi's bowing and panting heavily.
Then wheezingly say "there is great trouble masters, a thief has infiltrated the palace!"
"He is RIGHT HERE!" grabbing the gem and legging it.
Since however there sin't a single soul around, and there isn't even a battle going on, I have to go with the Super Bar burn.
>>
>>44150183

>Since however there sin't a single soul around, and there isn't even a battle going on, I have to go with the Super Bar burn.

So you're saying to go with the invisible plan, right? I wasn't sure if you meant the first half of your post or the second, sorry
>>
>>44150250
Yes we go with invisible. Sorry it looked so amusing in my imagination, I just had to describe it unnecessary in detail.
>>
File: 3.1 Tanya.png (283 KB, 502x800) Image search: [Google]
3.1 Tanya.png
283 KB, 502x800
>>44150264

Definitely amusing, but it's been established that our saurian can only make himself look more human with his disguise ability, hence why I asked.

Anyway,

>81

Otiak focuses and shifts his form into one that is completley invisible, utterly obscurred from anyone's vision. With all the stealth and care that he can use, he leaps out from his hiding place and charges at Rain, who still holds the gem in the palm of his hand. Tanya is the first to hear the saurian's approach, but as he is invisible, is far too slow to react to something she cannot see.

Otiak draws in a sharp intake of air as he leaps up into the air, over Tanya's head, and reaches his hand down. He veritably plucks the gem right out of Rain's hand as he hits the ground at the surprised hydromancer's feet, rolling as he lands.

He knows that this won't last for long and retribution from the traitors and sorcerers will be swift.

>A) Jump out the window!
>B) Attempt to hide in the palace
>C) Run to the courtyard
>D) Run to the gardens
>E) Other
>>
>>44150330
>A) Jump out the window!
Should we try to break our fall with an Emerald Shield

>our saurian can only make himself look more human with his disguise ability
Oh yeah, forgot about that. "More human" not "more like another human"
>>
>>44150371
Ditto, should buy Korbin a few seconds with them looking out the window.
>>
>>44150402
Aye, and shout back some bullshit just in case
>>
File: 1 Rain.png (323 KB, 634x986) Image search: [Google]
1 Rain.png
323 KB, 634x986
>>44150371
>>44150402
>>44150469

Without pausing, Otiak runs and leaps out the nearby window, smashing the beautiful stained glass artistry.

'Sindel can bill me later,' he thinks to himself as his body flies through the shards of colored glass. He falls down a story into the outside grounds of the palace itself, using an emerald shield to break his fall. This allows him to be unharmed.

He looks up as his enemies appear in the window frame. "Too slow, your majesty!" he taunts them before taking off.

He hears shouts from behind him. Tanya screams at Rain to chase after him, and the purple ninja immediately vanishes into a pool of water, materializing outside the palace and chasing the saurian.

"Get back here!" he shouts, but Otiak keeps going.

Eventually he reaches the exterior wall of the palace and teleports to the other side of it. Rain follows him and soon the saurian finds himself with nowhere left to go; beyond is the cliff that leads to the massive river the nearby waterfall feeds into.

Rain stops. "Nowhere left to run... lizard?" He narrows his eyes as he tries to figure out who he is. "...Reptile?"

"Nice one," Otiak replies, gripping the soul gem. "You're not getting Liu Kang's soul back, prince."

"Do you honestly think that a lowly speck of a lizard like yourself can defeat the son of a god?" he asks before laughing.

'Wouldn't be the first time...' Otiak thinks to himself.

>A) Keep the gem and fight Rain
>B) Throw the gem off the cliff, into the water, and fight Rain
>C) Throw yourself over the cliff and into the water
>D) Try to throw Rain over the cliff and into the water
>E) Other
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>44150520
>E) Other
"When it Rains, it pours"
Spit acid in his face and use HIM to break your fall
>>
>>44150520
>E)
Acid in the face and dive, be ready with magic to break our fall.
>>
>>44150569
>"When it Rains, it pours"
kek, also I second this
>>
>>44150569
>>44150697
Theres a river at the bottom of this cliff are we sure we want to risk getting Rain near water?
>>
>>44150848
Yes, but we should port out of there as fast as we can. Maybe even before we fall in.
>>
>>44150520
>>E) Other
brake the soul gem

no one gets liu kang's soul
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>44150520

Taunt him, jump off, make him follow... and then teleport back up.

Trick the "son of a god" and make him feel like an idiot.
>>
Just getting lunch.
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>E)Other
Run towards the cliff and do the motions of jumping off but cloak at the last second and just run past him
>>
Alright, I'm back. Got food for the day so I'll update just as soon as I finish eating lunch.
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>44150520
If we can't get past him kick out his knee and book it.
>>
I just finished Overthrown from Defenders of the Realm.
>Hey Kitana, do you have a moment for me to confess my undying love for y..
>Shut the fuck up Liu, can't you see I'm planning here!
>>
File: rain_mk_by_letticiamaer-d6wgzj0.jpg (723 KB, 1600x2133) Image search: [Google]
rain_mk_by_letticiamaer-d6wgzj0.jpg
723 KB, 1600x2133
>>44150569
>>44150627
>>44150697
>>44151808
>>44151133

"Well, you know what they say, prince," Otiak says as he nears the edge of the cliff, "when it rains, it pours!"

He opens his mouth and spits poisonous acid at Rain's face, but the purple ninja is too fast. He ducks under the attack and charges at Otiak, who leaps off the cliff. Rain jumps off after him, but as they fall, Otiak shrouds himself in green mist and teleports back up to the top of the cliff.

Rain continues to fall, as he needs to be in contact with the ground in order to use his water-based teleportation abilities.

Knowing that the hydromancer won't be too far behind when he reaches the water below, Otiak thinks fast about what he must do next. Liu Kang's soul is still safe for now.

>A) Head back to the palace courtyard
>B) Head towards the Netherrealm skyportal
>C) Run towards the nearby bridge
>D) Work your way around to the back of the palace
>E) Jump into the water below
>F) Smash the soul gem
>G) Other
>>
You know we really need to tell rain to shut up about his dad
>>
>>44153413
>>D) Work your way around to the back of the palace

hes got to be salty as hell
>>
>>44153413
>>
>>44153413
>>D) Work your way around to the back of the palace
Make sure we go invisible
>>
>>44153413
Use our wall crawling, and take it easy on magic. We need the charges for quick escape
>>
File: Mortal-Kombat-X_Tanya_2.jpg (144 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Mortal-Kombat-X_Tanya_2.jpg
144 KB, 1920x1080
>>44153473
>>44153559
>>44153608
>>44153669

Otiak scales his way towards the back of the palace, using his wall-climbing and camouflaging abilities to keep himself out of sight. The nearby waterfall continues to roar as it pours unceasingly into the body of water far below. He wonders if Rain survived the fall, but knowing how annoying that guy is, he likely did.

Otiak pauses and chuckles to himself, thinking that if Rain were a shokan, there'd be no doubt as to him surviving the fall.

At the top of the cliff, he peers over the balcony where he first teleported into the palace with Korbin and Smoke and he spies Tanya, standing alone! She is looking out over the balcony in the direction of the waterfall with her arms crossed, apparently deep in thought.

This could be his chance to subdue her...

>A) Attack her
>B) Sneak around her
>C) Stay and watch her
>D) Follow her and stay hidden
>E) Other
>>
>>44154053
>D) Follow her and stay hidden
We can rely on Korbin to rally the defenders, so let's see about gathering some intelligence and finding out how deep Rain and Tanya's treachery goes. We probably already know, but still.
>>
>>44154053
>B
If we follow her or stay near here the brothers might show up and screw us over.
>>
>>44154053
>>B) Sneak around her
>>
>>44154053
Korbin likely needs the help right now.
However, I'm sure they wouldn't try a move this bold without a way to subdue the others.
So..
Trust the bird I guess?
>Follow, but be ready to break off and rejoin the bird.
>>
>>44154053
>>D) Follow her and stay hidden
>>
I don't know, what are we trying to accomplish here? We have a medium-warm trail to follow, and a really sensitive package, that we don't know where to deliver, just where NOT to.
We don't know why the palace is empty and how the defenders are doing.
>>
>>44154252
find the royal family free them and escape
>>
>>44154094
>>44154165
>>44154208

Keeping silent, Otiak follows Tanya when she walks back into the palace. She proceeds up the stairs, towards Mileena's room. The saurian is confused---surely Mileena is with the defenders, is she not?

As it turns out, she is not. Otiak enters the room behind Tanya as the acrobatic edenian approaches Mileena's balcony, where the hybrid looks out over the reddening sky and the invasion in progress. Tanya approaches her and hugs her from behind and whispers in her ear, but Mileena does not respond, standing silent and not looking the gold-claw woman in the eyes.

This is all wrong. Surely Mileena would have sided with Sindel and Kitana when Rain and Tanya revealed their treachery... He knows it. He's certain of it.

>A) Sneak closer to listen
>B) Reveal yourself
>C) Leave and find Korbin
>D) Attack Tanya
>E) Wait for Tanya to leave
>F) Other
>>
>>44154332
I really want to sneak closer, but she would smell us.
>>
>>44154332
>A
Thank god the balcony puts us downwind right? STAY DOWNWIND
>>
>>44154332
>>C) Leave and find Korbin
>>
>>44154332
>A) Sneak closer to listen
>>
>>44154386
Not a problem if we stay downwind of Mileena anon.
Maybe a ploy on her part or Chi Bros mind control?
>>
>>44154449
Allright

>>44154415
Seconding this then. Trust in a villanious gloat to learn useful information
>>
>>44154449
Obviously a ploy
>>
>>44154449
>>44154467
Could also be a different Mileena.
>>
>>44154467
Maybe they're holding Jerrod's soul over her head? Or getting Kaito back, or a mixture of the two. Hell, they could probably deliver on an alt reality Kaito that lines up somewhat with what they want anyway.
This one at least mulled Shang Tsung's recruitment pitch over for a second out of sheer curiosity of whatever before settling on "Yeah, nah, you're an asshole."
>>
>>44154725
>Kaito back
Would she? That would be against everything Kaito stood for. Then again Turana refused help as well when she was asked.

>Jerrod's soul
I don't think so, that would mean the Shang Tsungs got caught, and even if that happened Shinnok would still go for the Dragon Army himself.
>>
File: Isis.png (532 KB, 558x800) Image search: [Google]
Isis.png
532 KB, 558x800
>>44154415
>>44154386
>>44154443
>>44154467

After taking a moment to ensure that he is downwind of the exceptionally well-skilled-with-her-tarkatan-nose Mileena, Otiak sneaks closer until he can hear their conversation.

"You did wonderfully," Tanya says to her. Again, Mileena does not reply. "Aren't you glad, my love?"

"Where are Sindel and Kitana?" she asks, ignoring Tanya's previous words.

"They'll be captured, and soon. What does it matter? We have their palace, their seat of power. And soon, the three of us will be crowned rulers of the new Edenia."

Tanya gently nuzzles the back of Mileena's neck as the hybrid asks, "And where is Rain now?"

"He is... handling another matter. Don't worry about him."

Otiak is nearly discovered when someone enters the room, but she does not notice him. It is Tanya's sister, Isis. "Mother and Father have arrived, Tanya," she says to the woman. "They are down in the throne room with their escort."

"Wonderful," Tanya says with a smile. "Come," she urges Mileena, "let us go to them."

Mileena continues to not budge. Tanya lets go of her hand and moves back to Isis to follow her; both of them slip right by Otiak, who looks back at Mileena and wonders what may be going through her mind.

>A) Follow Tanya and Isis
>B) Speak to Mileena
>C) Observe Mileena
>D) Explore more of the castle
>E) Other
>>
>>44154782
Regardless of whether or not the Shangs were directly involved with this, some tacit knowledge and association can be assumed. They may well have been the "opening salvos" as it were.
Regardless. You think Shinnok or one of his peons wouldn't make a promise with no intent to deliver if it got them an edge?
Or a nickel?
>>
File: i-love-lucy-ultimate-season-1.jpg (166 KB, 1240x775) Image search: [Google]
i-love-lucy-ultimate-season-1.jpg
166 KB, 1240x775
>>44154853
>B) Speak to Mileena
LUCY
YOU GOT SOME 'SPLAININ' TO DO
>>
>>44154853
>C
Then >B
Could be worth it.
>>
>>44154853
>B) Speak to Mileena
>>
>>44154853
>>D) Explore more of the castle

we have to find Sindel and Kitana
>>
>>44154853
>>B) Speak to Mileena
>>
>>44154895
You have a point, but I still think the Shang's have their independent agenda, and their goals are too misaligned with Shinnok's.

>>44154909
>>44154929
>>44154938
What are we going to say? You guys don't plan on disclosing our identity, do you?
>>
>>44155017
It's very straightforward. Mileena is THE Edenian royalty, the second princess alongside Kitana. Why would she be complicit in selling out the throne and the entire realm?
>>
>>44155067
Pretty much, I mean there is the whole "THE THRONE IS MINE" angle, but requires screwing over Jerrod who she appreciated and Kitana who she recently patched things up with pretty heavily.
Plus she knew rain was a traitorous douche.
>>
>>44155067
>soon, the three of us will be crowned rulers of the new Edenia
I have no idea what's going on, just that Mileena doesn't have the same motivations when she was under Shao Kahn. Namely the "I'll replace my sister and be an actual princess"
>>
>>44155164
>Plus she knew rain was a traitorous douche.
Not entirely. She only smelled the scent in Quan Chi's prison and smelled the same scent on Rain himself. Against all odds, she never explicitly put two and two together. If she did, Rain would've been confronted a long time ago.
>>
>>44154909
>>44154929
>>44154938
>>44154982

Otiak steps out from behind the bed and decloaks. "Mileena."

She immediately straightens and turns around, suddenly sniffing. "You..."

"Tell me what's going on, Mileena, because I remembered hearing a story once about you betraying Shao Kahn to stand with the heroes of Earthrealm. Tanya and Rain are traitors. What have you done?"

"You... You know nothing," she says, her blazing eyes wide open.

"I know a lot, Mileena," Otiak says. "I know that you were earning the trust of Kitana and Sindel, especially after your journey to the Netherrealm with your sister and Jade. I know that King Jerrod is the one who brought you back into the family and gave you a second chance, but that's not the first second change you got. I know that your life was spared long ago in Outworld by someone who cares about you a great deal---what would he think about you now?"

"Stop!" she says. "You can't know these things! I don't even know who you are!"

"Just explain to me what's happened. Why are you with Tanya? You know she has been going behind your back and making love with Rain, don't you?"

She looks away and closes her eyes. Otiak takes another step closer. "Mileena, tell me what happened. Please."

She opens her eyes and he can see sadness reflected in them. "I... I didn't want this. I didn't want any of it. But... but maybe I did." She looks the saurian in the eyes. "Rain and Tanya made a deal with Shinnok. She came to trust me enough to reveal her plan, and asked for my help. I didn't know who to turn to, who to talk to."

"Your sister. Your mother. Anyone!" Otiak replies. "Why did you help them?"
>>
File: mileenart_by_jodeee.jpg (493 KB, 700x919) Image search: [Google]
mileenart_by_jodeee.jpg
493 KB, 700x919
>>44155304

"Because I was going to betray them!" Mileena says. "I didn't believe Tanya at first because I was foolish... she was nice to me. Loving, almost, but..." She folds her arms and averts her eyes once more. "I didn't think she would truly go this far. Or maybe I just didn't want to believe it. But when the moment came, and the treachery was revealed I... I didn't do anything."

She walks past him and sits on her bed. "I could have stopped her and Rain, but I didn't... Sindel and Kitana escaped. Jade has been captured and is in the dungeons---Tanya has some kind of plan for her."

Otiak kneels down in front of her. "Alright. You were planning on betraying them, though, right? Are you just waiting for the right moment?"

"I... I don't know anymore," she says. "I know Tanya has lied to me, but..."

"Mileena, she's evil. She's a traitor to your home and your family. Don't let any feelings you've built up for her cloud your judgment! She's just been using you!"

Mileena looks up into his eyes. "And just who are you, exactly?" she says suspiciously. "Just how do you know all of these things? How do I know you aren't just trying to use me as well?"

>A) Reveal your identity as Kaito
>B) Keep your identity secret and ask her to trust you
>C) Tell her that you want to help free Edenia from Shinnok
>D) Tell her that you spied on Tanya and Rain
>E) Other
>>
>>44155326
>>D) Tell her that you spied on Tanya and Rain
>>E) Other
"I was charged by the elder gods to fix a problem one of the few things they did was show me what i was stepping into and i saw much."
>>
>>44155326
>B) Keep your identity secret and ask her to trust you
That man who spared you, the one from Earthrealm...let's just say he and I go way back. I'll explain more another time.
>>
>>44155412
>>44155326
Sure
>>
>>44155326
>>B) Keep your identity secret and ask her to trust you

This>>44155412
>>
>>44155326
>E) Other
Remind her of the lesson we gave her in Shao Kahn's throne room about freedom. Just say "A wise man we met" said it long ago. our dad

>>44155397
Disclosing our relation with the Elder Gods is just as bad as revealing our identity
>>
>>44155326
>Reveal identity
We gotta do this at some point and she needs something to latch onto.
>Swear her to secrecy on that
>>
>>44155612
i'll take whats a bad idea for 2000 Alex
>>
>>44155641
It's the most humane option right now, I think. Good idea or not.
>>
>>44155612
dumbideas.jpg
>>
THIS is what we get for trying to spy on a sorcerer with sorcerer's item without understanding sorcery one bit.
Shao Kahn manages to remain a pain in the ass dead, like he was alive.
>>
>>44155671
I understand what you are saying, but Mileena did this herself. As much as we like her, it's the same as before; she has to make the choice herself, there is only so much support we can give her.
>>
>>44155846
I'm not saying we make the choice for her. Just make available options from our perspective clear.
>>
>>44155326
>C) Tell her that you want to help free Edenia from Shinnok
>>
>>44155879
I disagree; if she can't make the right call without Kaito, it perhaps doesn't matter if she can make it with him.
>>
>>44155846
And she did flat out ask for a reason to trust us. The truth is the best option we have for that.
>>
>>44155913
Why does having outside help trying to lay things out without bias (or at least making clear what our bias is, minus implying she should agree) make her decision from that point invalid?
Who we are just points out that things aren't as cut and OH WAIT if this thing wins there won't be an Edenia to be in charge of!
>>
>>44156008
Her feelings for Kaito create a bias. She needs to be a good person regardless of his involvement.
>>
>>44156052
Aye, I mean selling out our step sister, and stepmom once openly good relationship have been established, shouldn't be such a difficult moral dilemma.
>>
>>44155326
You'll find someone who loves you despite your dental issues. Someone not a sellout to the elder god of evil.
>>
>>44156052

Well, so far her crime isn't being a bad person, but it's not stopping a bad person, which can be argued is just as bad as being a bad person, but at least she seems upset about it.

Let's look at it this way

>Overcame Shao Kahn's evil with Kaito's help
>Didn't stop Tanya and Rain, essentially inaction

I think with just a push in the right direction (not the guy advocating revealing ourselves btw) I think she can get there; inaction is kind of a middle ground between evil and good.
>>
>>44156052
That's why I brought up the shinnok and entity thing.
I hardly see why she needs to be a good person though.
Some folks are altruistic, some are selfish.
Sometimes it's about helping selfish people be better, by pointing out what's really in it either way for them and then letting them decide what they prefer.
>>
>>44156103
I agree, but in this case, the push has to succseed because of the reason of it, and not because of the person who gave it.
>>
>>44156147
>Some folks are altruistic, some are selfish.

Mileena is extremely young and impressionable, the whole point of almost every interaction we've had with her all game long is she's still in the process of learning what her morals should be.

And what you just said is very, very bad parenting.
>>
>>44156188
Not the same anon, and I'm all for helping her, but we can't sacrifice our only advantage we got over the world-eroding entity for parenting Mileena.
>>
>>44156178
Fair enough, I'll shut up. Still, they're -all- getting a hell of a short end on this deal if they'd just look past what's right in front of them. "Good people" or not they oughta be pissed if they don't actively want to die.
>>
>>44156223
I'm not in favor of revealing we're Kaito. I'm the one arguing "if she can't be good when Kaito's not around it's a problem"
>>
I just wanna say it's a real joy playing with you all
>>
>>44155326
>E)
Does it matter who I am? You know I'm right. Your family and realm are in danger and all you do is sit here with your girlfriend doting on you.
>>
>>44156280
Ditto
>>
>>44155397
>>44155412
>>44155458
>>44155912
>>44156093
>>44156306

"I spied on Rain and Tanya. I saw them and heard them speak about their plans to use you."

"But what does any of this have to do with your mission?" she asks.

"You were there in the throne room with Sindel and the others. You know what my journey's true goal is, but this invasion is worrisome to me. Mileena, I beg you, don't help Tanya and Rain any further."

She looks away. "I had planned to stay with them... until our meeting with Shinnok."

"And then what?"

"I planned on doing the same thing that I had done to Shao Kahn."

Otiak's eyes widen with realization. "So that's what this is... You didn't act to stop the betrayal because you're trying to remove a much greater threat."

"It wasn't my original plan. But now I believe it may be my only option."

"That's not true," Otiak says. "You don't need to try to directly attack Shinnok--that may be suicide."

"Then what else can I do?"

"Help me free Jade, find your sister and mother, and set all of this right before it gets any worse. But I don't know how much time I have---the 'thing' might be taking advantage of this invasion, or it may have even instigated it. For all we know, Shinnok may be the one it latched onto... But that's not important. My next lead is in Outworld, and I need a way to get there."

"I know a path to Outworld," she readilly says. "Jerrod took me through it when he found me after Shao Kahn's death."

>A) Convince her that she cannot take Shinnok on alone
>B) Have her help you in freeing Jade
>C) Have her stay in the palace with Tanya and Rain for now; play along like she has been
>D) Have her tell you the path to Outworld rather than show you
>E) Have her come with you out of the palace to find Kitana and Sindel
>F) Other
>>
>>44156338
>>B) Have her help you in freeing Jade
&
>>E) Have her come with you out of the palace to find Kitana and Sindel
>>
>>44156306
FAKE girlfriend.

>>44156338
Shinnok is way bigger than what you can handle alone. You want to make this right? Help me.
>>
>>44156338
Shinnok uses decoys Sub-Zero and the gang found it out the hard way.

They'll get themselves killed if they stay here, and Korbin is still around with that jar of Enenra
>>
>>44156338
>>
>>44156338
>A then B then E
>>
Man I'm getting Humble Storyteller flashbacks here.
>>
>>44156373
>>44156386
>>44156401
Ask her "Did Jade tell you about what happened with Sub-Zero in the Netherrealm? If Sub-Zero can't handle him, what makes you think you can?"
>>
>>44156338
>A
>B
>E
"I've seen that guy in action. Personally, I'd be a little leery of going after him alone. But you don't have to be. Up for helping me rescue an ally then getting out?"
>>
>>44156426
Hey! For the record; it wasn't about Sub-Zero not being able to deal with him, but not being given the opportunity do deal at all.
>>
>>44156476
That's the point; that's what Mileena is running into right now.
>>
>>44156338
"He uses decoys. Unless you can flat out break whatever game he's playing or corner him somewhere he has to be himself you likely won't get a shot at anything but a duplicate."
"So, come with me?"
>>
File: The_Jade_by_dmvcomics.jpg (78 KB, 496x648) Image search: [Google]
The_Jade_by_dmvcomics.jpg
78 KB, 496x648
>This is, at minimum, the third time Jade has been captured
m8
>>
File: high employment standards.jpg (21 KB, 325x300) Image search: [Google]
high employment standards.jpg
21 KB, 325x300
>>44156558
>She broke Sonya's record
>>
>>44156558

Damashi, what are you doing to your waifu
>>
>>44156558
this is like the third time we have had to deal with Mileena whole "im doing evil things."
>>
>>44156635
Dang, you are right. Altough, speaking with someone isn't as troublesome or dangerous as doing a rescue mission for them.
>>
>>44156558
>>44156635
The second time Kitana lost her throne.
>>
>>44156695
Technically, it's Sindel's throne.
>>
>>44156635
At least this time it could arguably be a ploy to fuck up something we're also not a fan of and she's clearly bugged by it in private?
>>
File: MK_Mileena_by_Aemiliana.jpg (114 KB, 800x1362) Image search: [Google]
MK_Mileena_by_Aemiliana.jpg
114 KB, 800x1362
>>44156558
>>44156635
>>44156695

>Krillin Owned Count

>>44156373
>>44156386
>>44156401
>>44156417
>>44156455

"Listen, I admire that you were planning on taking on Shinnok, but I've seen others try. You can't do it alone. He's deceptive, and there's a high chance that whatever Shinnok you're attacking is actually a decoy."

After a moment, she nods. "I know, but I wanted to try to make this right. It may have been foolish, but it would be... heroic."

'Foolish and heroic... Well, she's had a good teacher,' Otiak thinks to himself. "Help me free Jade. Then we find your family and make this right and kick Shinnok's sorry ass back to the Netherrealm and out of your home."

"But what about Outworld?" she asks.

Otiak thinks on that for a moment. "We'll get to that later. I don't want to lead Edenia with all of this going on."

Mileena nods and moves to stand up, summoning her sai blades. "Follow me," she whispers as Otiak cloaks himself. She leads him downstairs, checking around the corners. Eventually they come to the staircase leading down into the dungeons and proceed to the cells.

But Jade is nowhere to be found. "I don't understand," Mileena says. "Tanya told me she was captured, but all of these cells are empty."

Otiak thinks for a moment. "Perhaps she escaped. Maybe Korbin helped her out. Or she may have been lying to you..."

Mileena turns around. "I know of no other place where she could be kept, at least here in the palace."

Otiak thinks. He is troubled by the fact that he hasn't run back into Korbin yet...

>A) Have her try to coax the information out of Tanya
>B) Both search the palace some more
>C) Both leave the palace
>D) Other
>>
>>44156781
>B) Both search the palace some more
If Mileena goes back to Tanya, Tanya may forcibly try to bring her along, and then the whole plan is kaput.
>>
>>44156828
Seconding this. We leave if there is nothing left.
>>
>>44156781
>>B) Both search the palace some more
>>
>>44156695
>We have been the greatest Royal Scout during the ruleship of Empress Kitana
Three-four days.
>We were the national hero New Edania for it's whole standing
Three-Four months.

Well third is the charm, right?
>>
>>44156781
>>44156828
Alright.
Wait Tanya said her mom showed and Tanya's none too fond of Jade.
To the throne room I suppose.
>>
File: enlightened.png (34 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
enlightened.png
34 KB, 200x200
>>44156919
>>
>>44156781
>It may have been foolish, but it would be... heroic.
Oi, doesn't she know there is no easy road to
redemption? It's hard work
>>
>>44156781
>>B) Both search the palace some more
>>
File: Tanya Mother.png (402 KB, 558x800) Image search: [Google]
Tanya Mother.png
402 KB, 558x800
>>44156828
>>44156873
>>44156919

"We should check the throne room," Otiak suggests. "But Tanya and her family are inside..."

"I will go in," Mileena says. "I will try to learn where Jade is from her."

"Be cautious," Otiak advises her as she moves to walk up the stairs. He cloaks himself and follows.

The throne room is host to the extended family of Tanya and her relatives--her sisters, parents and neice are all here. In addition to this, there are several robed figures that he does not recognize. As Mileena enters the room, the saurian hides amongst some nearby pillars.

Tanya, brazenly, sits upon Sindel's throne, confidently crossing her legs in a comfortable position.

"We need to be patient," Tanya's father, Jaroslav, advises. "Sindel will turn up soon enough."

"The remaining Edenian Knights have fallen back to some rally point and those we have captured have refused to reveal it," Lady Nerusheri, Tanya's mother, says. "We need to organize a hunt for them before they return to this palace. We need to go after them, not wait for them to come to us."

"That is precisely what I intend to do, mother," Tanya says. "I will set a trap for them. We have something they do not have, remember."

"And how long until the warriors from Earthrealm arrive to deal with this?" her mother asks.

Tanya waves a hand and dismisses the notion. "Liu Kang is dead. None of the other Earthrealmers ever posed a problem, and any who did died during Shao Kahn's invasion."

Mileena steps forth. Tanya smiles at her, but the hybrid cuts her smile short. "Where is Jade, Tanya?"

"Jade..." Tanya replies softly. "She is being dealth with."

"Not in the dungeons?" Mileena asks.

Her parents look at Tanya; apparently, this is news to them as well.

The would-be edenian leader shifts her legs a bit. "She was our prisoner, but she has escaped," she admits. "She came to the palace and Rain and I personally captured her."

"And yet she escaped. And where is Rain, with Liu Kang's soul?"
>>
File: tumblr_nlhe77dihU1thr1fho1_500.jpg (62 KB, 500x739) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlhe77dihU1thr1fho1_500.jpg
62 KB, 500x739
>>44157791

Tanya scowls a bit. "They will be back soon. Rain is currently chasing down a snake who snuck into the palace, but it is nothing to be concerned about." Tanya leans forward a bit. "Now then... Mileena, during your time with Kitana and Sindel, did they ever mention a fallback position? A secret place, perhaps?"

"No," Mileena replies. "They never told me of any such place."

Tanya sits back and sighs. "Very well. Either way, Shinnok is in Edenia now, and they will eventually be found. They cannot hide from the wrath of an Elder God forever."

Mileena steps off to the side as Tanya goes back to speaking with her family. Otiak sneaks up behind her.

"Now what?" she whispers.

>A) Mileena stays here in the court
>B) Bring Mileena with you as you leave the palace
>C) Other
>>
>>44157806
Jade's not here, we have Liu Kang's soulgem, and there was no mention of Korbin, meaning he must've found the defenders as well. There's no further reason for us to be here. Time to bail.
>>
>>44157806
Better make sure she doesn't go trough with her plan and takes on Shinnok. Also we have all we can have, and apparently they have nothing.
>>
>>44157806
>>B) Bring Mileena with you as you leave the palace
>>
>>44157806
>>
>>44157806
Yeah there is nothing left for us, bug out
>>
>>44157806
>B
>>
>>44157806
>>
File: 1441321825092.jpg (204 KB, 900x1125) Image search: [Google]
1441321825092.jpg
204 KB, 900x1125
>>44157859
>>44157882
>>44157945
>>44158011
>>44157969
>>44158129

As Tanya resumes speaking to her parents, Mileena slips out of the throne room with Otiak in tow. "So, do you know where they might be?" he asks.

"Yes," she replies. "Kitana told me of a secret place not long before the invasion. I had gained her trust... though, I may have lost it now."

"Focus," Otiak urges. "Where are they?"

"There is a place to the south, a sancutary of sorts. It is known to us as one of Jerrod's ancient palaces that fell into ruin during the Outworld invasion long ago. Now it is a haven for times of great importance."

"And no one outside of the royal family and its trusted warriors knows of it?"

"No," Mileena replies.

As they reach the frontmost exit of the palace, Mileena suddenly stops. She smells something. "Oh no," she whispers.

The main gate of the palace wall opens, pushed open by demons. A procession is nearing the palace, and at its heart is a stone throne carried by them. Upon it sits Shinnok.

"He is here," she says. Otiak sees her going for her sais.

>A) Stop her; we leave the palace through another route
>B) Greet Shinnok
>C) Hide and wait for them to enter the palace
>D) Other
>>
>>44158460
>>
>>44158460
All the more reason to bug out now. Don't be a hero, Mileena.
>>
>>44158460
>>C) Hide and wait for them to enter the palace
if we go anywhere else were gonna run into rain
>>
>>44158460
Remember ; no shortcuts towards redemption

>C) Hide and wait for them to enter the palace
Rain might still be in the river
>>
>>44158460
>>A) Stop her; we leave the palace through another route
>>
>>44158460
>A
>C
Nigga can see souls
Dunno if he knows much at all about Kaito but fuck that
Also demons can
>>
>>44158460
>A
Can't let ourselves be seen
>>
File: The-Abyss.jpg (675 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
The-Abyss.jpg
675 KB, 707x1000
Otiak all but grabs Mileena and they dive off to the side, heading into the gardens. The demons bring Shinnok into the palace proper, but many of them remain in the courtyard. They are nasty things; some are as large as an ogre, while others are like gargoyles. Smaller ones, imp-like in stature, move between the legs of their larger brethren.

Mileena looks up from the bushes. "This will not be simple," she says. "But I may be able to sneak or teleport by."

>A) Attempt to stealth out of the courtyard
>B) Split up and meet outside
>C) Move together
>D) EX Teleport both out of the palace grounds
>E) Other
>>
>>44158873
>D) EX Teleport both out of the palace grounds
>>
>E) Other
I'm worried Shinnok might sense magic if we teleport. Can we burn an Enhanced to extend our Invisibility? I recon Reptile did something similar once.
>>
>>44158918
I mean Extend it to Mileena
>>
>>44158873
>A) Attempt to stealth out of the courtyard
>>
>>44158873
>A
>>
>>44158873
>>D) EX Teleport both out of the palace grounds
>>
>>44158909
Changing to A. Shinnok will tell if magic is fired.
>>
>>44158969
>>44159026
>>44159648

Alright, let's have a 1d100+10 to sneak out, or we can burn an EX to have a 1d100+25.
>>
Rolled 60 + 25 (1d100 + 25)

>>44159680
EX Invisibility. We can't take any chances this close.
>>
Rolled 17 + 25 (1d100 + 25)

>>44159680
Sneaky Snake with EX
>>
Rolled 22 + 25 (1d100 + 25)

>>44159680
Quiet. Silent and see-through.
>>
Rolled 95 + 25 (1d100 + 25)

>>44159680
fingers crossed...
>>
>>44159870
>Rolled 95 + 25 (1d100 + 25)
Oh Yeah!
>>
File: image.png (57 KB, 364x271) Image search: [Google]
image.png
57 KB, 364x271
>>44159870
Praise the elder gods
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>44159870

If this roll is a 1, the elder gods are bullshit
>>
>>44160102
>97
I should you shit for rolling at all after 95 but...
>>
>>44159870
>>44159908
>>44159939
>>44160102
>>44160200
Truly the Elder Gods watch over us
>>
File: laughing-skull.jpg (77 KB, 394x349) Image search: [Google]
laughing-skull.jpg
77 KB, 394x349
>>44159690

Otiak and Mileena both split up, each looking to escape the palace grounds in their own way. Otiak turns completely invisible and focuses on maintaining his energy as he tip-toes past the first few demons, which are a group of oni sitting in a circle and fighting over meat.

>>44159838
>>44159849

Things go wrong, however, when a demon pushes another one right into Otiak, who ends up accidentally stumbling, causing Yorick to fall out of his sleeve.

The skull lands on the ground. "Finally! I thought I was going to be stuck in there forever! Wait, demons? Are we still in the Netherrealm? Hey, Kotiak! Where'd you go? KOTIAK! KOTIAK!!!"

Several demons turn towards the loud skull and Otiak thinks fast.

>>44159870

He pushes one of the smaller demons into a large oni with a club. This sets off a chain reaction as the larger one knocks him away into a group of smaller demons. Soon the entire courtyard is full of similar petty brawls, giving the saurian a chance to scoop up the skull and shove him back into his sleeve.

He runs towards the gate and slips out. On the other side, he links back up with Mileena and takes out Yorick.

"Oh, there you are!" the skull says. "What the heck, man? Did you forget about me? It was getting stuffy in there."

"What is that?" Mileena asks.

"What am I? What are you!"

Otiak shoves the skull back into his sleeve. "Don't worry about him. He's just... along for the ride."

>A) Head directly to the secret place
>B) Take the longer, safer route through more difficult terrain
>C) Have Mileena take you to the Outworld portal
>D) Send Mileena to the secret meeting place, but not before she tells you where the Outworld portal is
>E) Head to the portal that leads to the Nexus
>F) Other
>>
>>44160596
>B) Take the longer, safer route through more difficult terrain
>>
>>44160596
>A) Head directly to the secret place

>"What is that?"
"Take my advice; if you ever go to the Netherrealm, confer from taking souvenirs. Especially if the souvenir asks you to take it."
>>
>>44160596
>>B) Take the longer, safer route through more difficult terrain

i also like what >>44160682 said
>>
On one hand, I want to straighten our friends out a bit, and leave the guerilla fight to them, and go for the trail that's getting colder with each day.
On the other hand, I'm getting increasingly uncomfortable with the idea of leaving Kitana and Mileena together, alone.
>>
>>44160596
>>B) Take the longer, safer route through more difficult terrain
>>
>>44160596
>B
Less chance of leading things there.
>>
Before we hit the hideout, should we give the Soulgem to Mileena? Maybe it will lessen tension and grudges a bit
>>
>>44160738
They're both moderately reasonable people. It'll be fine if we get them to just talk. Like people do.
>>
>>44160859
shit the reminds me of an earlier thread where Kaito said people want to punch first and talk after . . .maybe.
>>
File: tsss____by_fiorique-d4c0gmx.jpg (123 KB, 714x892) Image search: [Google]
tsss____by_fiorique-d4c0gmx.jpg
123 KB, 714x892
>>44160661
>>44160733
>>44160733
>>44160755
>>44160782

Otiak advises her to take a longer path, through more difficult terrain. She nods and leads them off the trail and into the nearby forest. They spend time travelling and hiding from roving groups of demons and oni, eventually making it to the mountains just on the other side of forest.

"The old ruins are south of here," she explains. "Just over these mountains. But perhaps we should rest for the evening."

Otiak agrees. They find a well-hidden grove of trees and she sits with her back to a tree. Otiak sits up in the tree itself to keep watch, keeping himself lightly camouflaged.

At first, they sit in silence as the night sky darkens and reddens overhead. In the far distance, the sky is lit up by the bright red portal that leads to the Netherrealm.

"It's important to contact Earthrealm once we reach the others," Otiak says to her. "You'll need all the help you can get to repel his forces. The armies of hell are massive..."

She suddenly changes the topic. "You are from Earthrealm, are you not?"

"I am."

"Did you know a man named Kaito?"

Otiak freezes. "I met him only a few short times during the invasion," Otiak lies to her after a moment.

"You remind me of him a bit," she replies. "The way you speak, I mean. He was very adament about doing the right thing. He believed in me too."

Otiak had prepared himself for the possibility of people talking about him, to him, but it still unnerved him that she was speaking about the man who sat above her, just in a different body. He was tempted to reveal himself to her, to tell her that it truly was Kaito she spoke to, but he stopped himself from doing so.

>A) Ask her what she thought about Kaito
>B) Drop the subject; talk about something else
>C) Try to fall asleep
>D) "I'm Kaito."
>E) Other
>>
>>44161176
>A) Ask her what she thought about Kaito
>>
>>44161176
>E
Just listen, what can a guy answer to that when a girl starts to talk from another guy? Just nod, maybe remark he looked like a troublesome guy, or even be bold and ask what happened to him.

Just don't embarass yourself.
>>
>>44161176
>A
>Possibly reveal if other anons go for it. But the skull...
>>
>>44161316
>>44161176
You know what? No! Ask what happened to Kaito. What did Raiden said to the rest? Did he mentioned it shouldn't have happened this way if not for him?
>>
>>44161176
>>A) Ask her what she thought about Kaito
Ask her how she knew some warrior from earthrealm, play dumb.
>>
>>44161176
>>B) Drop the subject; talk about something else
>>
>>44161410
It's fine. When we bump into Raiden. We'll ask him to soul sight us, talk to him privately about what's up.
Then maybe punch him once for being a cryptic dick about what would happen.
Then get on with saving the realms.
Again.
>>
I just realised if we ask about ourselves, and she says something embarassing, we can never tell Oitak is Kaito
>>
>>44161410
Do option A then this.For all we know Blunder God told them some bullshit
>>
>>44161513
yep
>>
>>44161507
>Trusting the Blundergod
>Especially now that he's wearing black and red these days

What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>44161176
>D
Best time for it.
>>
>>44161595
Considering the reason he can't get ahold of the Elder Gods is the thing we're fighting?
Not much?

He'd likely also want to stop the thing that is the reason he's floating down Crazy Creek without a paddle.
>>
File: tumblr_nc7rlntCtO1thr1fho1_500.png (162 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nc7rlntCtO1thr1fho1_500.png
162 KB, 500x313
>>44161212
>>44161332
>>44161410
>>44161461
>>44161517

"How did you know Kaito?" he asks.

"He saved me. Twice, I suppose. When no one else would believe in me, he stepped forth to give me another chance."

She leans her head back against the tree and closes her eyes. "He would think I am a fool for what I have done now. I may have ruined the trust I was building with my new family."

"I don't know if he thinks you are a fool," Otiak replies. "Maybe he just would think that you're still finding your way. But I'm sure he would always believe in you."

"I don't think he will ever wake up," Mileena suddenly says, and there is a soft sadness in her voice. "I have visited him in his resting place in Earthrealm, in the Jinsei Chamber. But Raiden has said that there is no spark within him any longer..."

'No spark, huh...' "What did you think of him? Kaito, I mean."

She is silent. "I miss him," she admits in a wavering voice. "I don't know why. I didn't even get to know him for very long. But if he were here, I wouldn't have to miss him any longer and that would be... nice."

Otiak continues to watch the horizon as he asks, "Do you think it may be love?"

Again, she is silent. If she has an answer, she doesn't say it. For a few minutes she merely sits and fidgits slightly, lost in thought. Instead of replying, she asks, "Do you think he may ever come back?"

"Once this is all over," Otiak mutters under his breath. "I promise."

"What was that?"

"Nothing," he lies. "I hope he does."

Mileena is silent again.

>A) Continue speaking with her
>B) Resume travel in the morning
>C) Other (Write-in)
>>
>>44161796
>>A) Continue speaking with her
Talk about wandering Earthrrealm. Just some light conversation.
>>
>>44161796
>A) Continue speaking with her
How's Earthrealm been treating you?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.