[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nechronica -The Long Long Sequel-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 16
File: Cover.jpg (206 KB, 600x839) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
206 KB, 600x839
Anybody remembers this one?
Are players out there who actual played (or play) Nechronica: The Long Long Sequel?

Is it worth it?
What kind of characters did you build?
Do you like to show your charactersheets?

>btw. Rulebook PDF for you in my second post.
>>
>>44133206
Rulebook for you!
>>
File: Charactersheet.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Charactersheet.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44133217
Charactersheet for you!
>>
File: Battlemap.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Battlemap.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44133228
Battlemap for you!
>>
Has there been and progress on the translation in the last few months?
>>
File: Nechronica Charactersheet 2.png (383 KB, 1289x947) Image search: [Google]
Nechronica Charactersheet 2.png
383 KB, 1289x947
>>44133247
Any of course my character
>>
>>44133258
not as far as i know
if there is i would love to get the new version...
sadly i never played this game because i know nobody who would like to play this kind of settings
>>
>>44133206
Joined a group on /tg/ but because of schedueleing problems and bad internet connection we've only had one session so far. It was pretty fun, though.
>>
>>44133258
Last few months? try none in the last few years.
Majority of the japanese translated rpgs have been abandoned since 4+ years ago.
>>
>>44133320
sounds very interesting
until now i cant realy imagine to play this game or setting because i know nobody who is "crazy" enough to play this
>>
>>44133206
Looks weird, in a potentially good way.
Can anyone give me an elevator pitch for this please?
>>
>>44133471
phyrexian lolis
>>
>>44133206
I'm adapting the setting for a game that uses either GURPS 4e or Twilight 2k with Traveler's Psionics ruleset jury-rigged in. But the core system itself at least look serviceable.
>>
>>44133471
You play as zombie-lolis.
It's actually better than it sounds. Thematically it's quite heavily based on intra-party relations and attempting to retain some measure of humanity in a decidedly inhuman world.
Alos I do like the damage system. Being undead, you can, and will, loose bodyparts without major issues, so combat typically involved lots of dismemberment.
>>
>>44133511
>>44133580
This sounds like the best simple explanation ive ever heard for this game!
>>
>>44133529
I'm curious, why adapt the setting to something else? Mechanically, Nechronica as a system expresses the setting it's going for very well.
>>
>>44133763
Not /k/ enough for what I'm going for.
>>
Yeah, I played it. We played over IRC, although we didn't get very far before the group imploded.
Was fun though.

I still have my character sheet lying around somewhere, and she's still one of my favorite characters even though it was quite some time ago.
A sweet young woman (randomly rolled age and she turned out be 15) with a smile like a shark and fingers like steak knives.
>>
>>44133206
It is one the best games my group have ever played. We only played 4 times to test the system but there's a big campaign coming up sometime next year. It's also very fun to create PCs and NPCs.

First session was only testing combat against a group of zombies.
Second session was the players first time meeting a savant. Lots of fun and terror was had as they realized just how powerful the dismemberment effect is.
Third session they met a very sturdy creature that took at lot of time beating. Was still fun though.

Fourth, last, and longest session started with them chasing a savant. Then when caught up to her they teared her apart until there was only her head left. They kept that head with them. They then got stumped trying to open a locked door, got attacked by two powerful savants, and found the 'mastermind' behind their problems. The battle with the 'mastermind' was lengthy but also the best fight so far. It might also have been the silliest fight so far as the 'mastermind' constantly called for servants to help her fight. Not that the servants helped much because they died like flies.
>>
File: 38499225.jpg (565 KB, 850x756) Image search: [Google]
38499225.jpg
565 KB, 850x756
>>44133258
>>44133368
There's been a little movement as of a few days ago, actually. None on what's left of the system stuff/the GM section, but the Memory table is done now.
http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Nechronica:Fragments_of_Memory_Table
>>
>>44136393
Sounds like a realy funny adventure to me
>>
>>44133217
>>44133228
>>44133247
Based as fuck
Thanks senpai
>>
>>44136620
Awesome! Didn't know that. Now we'll be able to get every result without struggling with a kanji lexicon for an hour or two.
>>
>>44136620
That actually includes a few numbers that were skipped over on the .pdf. And they're translated differently than the entries on the .pdf. Holy shit is someone actually making translation progress? I think someone might actually be translating the game again, pinch me it must be a dream.
>>
Zettai Reido translation continuing when?
>>
>>44136669
One of the players here.

It was really, really fun. This is easily one of the best systems I've ever even seen. And the (short) adventure was great fun.

Those doors though. My character never did figure out how they work. Not for lack of trying.
>>
File: 1349474639503.jpg (103 KB, 500x454) Image search: [Google]
1349474639503.jpg
103 KB, 500x454
>>44136968
Yeah. The new table is my work, and I hope people have some fun with it! A lot of the pdf memories were incomplete or missing, and a few were just little bits of text made up based on the title. Quick example, compare
>Game (74)
>A geek girl who loves games!
to what that entry actually says, which I think is pretty legitimately sad and an interesting character point. Picking this up is a labor of love that'll depend entirely on how much time I have for translating, but that's at least a little bit of progress I figured I'd get out to all of the dozen people who care about this game.

On that subject, those of you who've ran it, was there anything you particularly felt like you were missing in the rules and writeups that are translated so far? Still a little undecided on what I want to work on after that - the full enemies guide and the Necromancer section are both big options.

>>44137327
Probably never.
>>
>>44137498

> all of the dozen people who care about this game.

This is actually really sad. The system is wonderful. I'd say the official art doesn't do the game any favors but the game itself is just brilliant.
>>
>>44137498
Well, if you're touching things up, I've had a talk with a member of my group a few times over exactly what Damaged Goods is actually supposed to do. He thinks it's per round madness it prevents, I think it's madness for a broken treasure.

Nothing else immediately springs to mind, what I'd really think is awesome more than touchups to already workable translations is definitely the Necromancer/Enemy Specific Parts sections, options for enemies can get a bit anemic when it runs off the same pool. The Necromancer section especially, pretty much anything you want them to do at the moment is gonna be homebrew if you really want them to feel different from a doll.
>>
ive a beg to you all
do you think it is possible to keep this thread alive? i would love to see a Nechronica-General thread on /tg/.

I cant beleave there so many people here who loves this rpg as i do...
>>
>>44137613
>I'd say the official art doesn't do the game any favors but the game itself is just brilliant.

To be completely frank, I'd rather not have the type of people who'd be bothered by the art as a part of my game. Too much limitation in subject matter when dealing with normalfags.
>>
>>44138028
and i cant believe that you beleave things
but a general sounds good to me i guess

hey guys may anybody give me a good story idea to show this game to my rpg group?
>>
>>44138079
Do you mean a good idea for a first session or for pitching the game to them?
>>
>>44138127
both i guess
i read this rulebook once a few months ago and i love the world (im not so sure about the system but the world sounds great to me) and ive no idea how to get people to this "loli-hell" of a game and i also have no idea how to start a good plot for a first session
>>
The only question I have, after reading the short summaries further up, is why little girls? Is there a particular in-universe reason why it's little girl biomechanical zombies and not just biomechanical zombies?
>>
>>44138043
Honestly I don't think the problem is if it bothers a person or not. But instead of getting into what I actually think might be a problem I think we should just drop it.
We really shouldn't turn this thread into a discussion about that. We should talk about how awesome and (more or less) uncontroversial literally everything else about this system is.
Seriously, I really like this thing. The people who're translating this stuff are doing us all a great service.
>>
>>44138285
The necromancers are creeps.
>>
>>44138285
because japan, there's no set rules that require it, I just let my players do whatever
>>
>>44138353
Being a boy is actually a mutation you need equipped though.
>>
>>44138380
yeah, I just changed the name of it
>>
>>44138444
>the mutation is now Fluffy Tail
>tfw have to choose between regular tail and Fluffy Tail or no sense will be made
Feels bad, man.
>>
>>44137809
Damaged Goods prevents the end-of-round madness. You're right that the wording is a little weird, but I am more interested in working on the parts of the game people don't have at all yet.

The Necromancer chapter is mainly the section on GM advice, named for the idea of the necromancer as the in-world GM. This is what that chapter has to say about actually statting necromancers:

"The climax of a campaign is likely to be a direct confrontation with the Necromancer.
Some Necromancers may enter combat willingly, while others might be completely trivial to kill once their minions are eliminated.
So there's no specific, concrete method of creating a Necromancer written here.
However, those that do join a battle themselves are no doubt monstrosities of insane power. Perhaps treat them as a Horror or Savant with a Threat Level of at least 20. As NC, it's your job to create a worthy avatar and arrange a memorable battle tailored to all of the Dolls' abilities. Beyond that, what stats the Necromancer has are left completely to your discretion."

So we're on our own in that department, unfortunately. There's some pretty cool stuff in the enemy specific parts that'd probably help, though, so I will most likely start on those next.

>>44138285
>>44138336
Yup. It's explicitly because Japan and the necromancers are creepers. You're welcome to come up with other reasons in your world, but I think you'd be losing a lot of the charm if you threw out the zombie kids aspect entirely.
>>
>>44138496
you could just say that it's adding fluff to an already existing tail
>>
>>44138295
That they are, though I doubt any of it will actually be finished, given how TL wiki is.

>>44138336
And the necromancer is the GM who put this together. Ryo Kamiya really likes self-depreciating humour going off of both this and Maid RPG.
>>
>>44138535
That doesn't involve ripping off a tail though. You'd be losing a lot of the charm if you threw out the ripping off old parts aspect entirely.
>>
>>44138681
>not just obtaining mismatched tails
>not being teased mercilessly by the other characters
>not pouting, or crying, or taking horrifying revenge because they managed to max out all those Hatred fetters you have towards them
>>
>>44138285
Because body horror is that much more impactful when it comes into contact with the physical embodiment of innocence.
>>
>>44138879
This, tbhq senpai
>>
>>44133217
You might want this. Got it from a PDF thread long past. Looks like it's further translations WIP.
>>
>>44137498
I've been missing the enemy exclusive parts. I'd love to see what extra spice they'd add to the game.
>>
>>44138237
Don't mention loli and you'll be of to a great start. Maybe explain it as a game where you play as zombie girls in the post-apocalypse. Try to convince them to at least play one session.

As for what the story you could have the PCs wake up on a garbage dump ravaged by zombies/robots/other, then have them hunt down the source those. The source could be a factory, a hovering UFO, or some underground vault. The plot doesn't need to be complicated but be sure to include some horrors and savants. They really make the combat interesting.
>>
>>44139604
Look, he can beat around the bush for the elevator pitch, but one glance at the rulebook and the players are going to call him on it. Being honest would probably lead to a less negative impression.
>>
>>44133206
>Anybody remembers this one?
...how the hell could someone forget about this?
with all the years it stayed in the TL wiki? I wonder if it even still exist.
>>
File: shutterstock_109731770.jpg (367 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_109731770.jpg
367 KB, 1000x665
>>44133206
>Anybody remembers this one?
Yes
>Are players out there who actual played (or play) Nechronica: The Long Long Sequel?
Running it currently.

>Is it worth it?
I think so. Mechanically, I really like the game too.
>What kind of characters did you build?
ForeverGM.
NPCs though, well incase my players are around I'll keep hush on it for now.

>Do you like to show your charactersheets?
Nope.
>>
Could someone just throw together a folder with all the content for this game and upload it somewhere?
It seems like a lot of it is scattered all over the place, and I don't feel like searching through archives to find it all.
>>
>>44143997
The thrill of the hunt, anon.
>>
>>44133206
>The Long Long Sequel
>not The Eternal Epilogue
ONE job Japan...
>>
>>44143463

It's finally getting updated again. After two years. Anemone is our savior.
>>
>>44139233
Is this realy a new version of the rulebook?
I just compare it with OPs version and his book has 70 pages, yours only 58.
But your version looks much nicer and has a better quality. But it looks like ther are some missing parts.

Oh did anybody got a good map or good ideas for places in this world?
The only ideas i got so far are a big zombie-factory with cruel machines a fleshhouse and a laboratory in the basement, and the ruin of an elementary school
>>
>>44137498
GM Section. It's so easy to run the player section or make up memories, I can fluff that all so easily.

But sweet fucking god, I can't make a campaign. There's not enough details, not enough variety to base enemies around. I don't have the building blocks of a full campaign, only singular fights.

Thank so much for helping with this, it was one of my favourite campaigns ever but I'd love some more detail and stuff to work with next time.
>>
>>44146381
Yeah I saw it. I have a great deal of respect for people that decide to single-handedly revitalize ultra niche stuff like this.
>>
File: assdsda.png (7 KB, 454x303) Image search: [Google]
assdsda.png
7 KB, 454x303
Reminder
>>
>>44146363
Well, it is Japan...
>>
File: Knowledge (Forbidden Lore).jpg (81 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Knowledge (Forbidden Lore).jpg
81 KB, 500x500
>>44148320
Oh boy!
>>
>>44133206
ok, you got me intrigued.

Where is the background?
is it like engine heart where you have to make up your setting?
>>
>>44148320
>>44149005
plz explain ?
>>
>>44149025

>Where is the background?
>is it like engine heart where you have to make up your setting?

Yep, pretty much. The only things that are given are "Humanity is fucked and the dead rule the earth" and "All PCs must be girls no older then 17." At least with what is currently
translated. Part of the fun in one campaign was just figuring out how the world/being undead worked. It's cool that they want to go with the innocence lost but letting players be boys wouldn't really affect it, the fact that there is a part that lets you be a boy acknowledges this. Just go with whatever you think makes your group uncomfortable. If the option is no game or compromising on setting a bit, no one can really blame you for choosing the later.

>>44137498
>On that subject, those of you who've ran it, was there anything you particularly felt like you were missing in the rules and writeups that are translated so far?

The rules on some things are pretty damn ambiguous requiring a GM ruling. Some examples:
>Does Prayer/Order and the like affect players using it since it does not exclude it affecting the user
>Does using defend when hit by an explosive weapon reduce damage to both locations or just one?
>If a chain attack weapon has the damage negating, is the chain quality lost like explosive or dismember or can you keep going?

Other then that, GM-pnly stuff would be good.
>>
File: Coffinleg examples.png (1 MB, 3652x1520) Image search: [Google]
Coffinleg examples.png
1 MB, 3652x1520
>>44149605

>Damage negating
Should be negated

But yeah, go for doing the parts. It would help with making encounters if we could see what the designers expect enemy only stuff to look like if only to influence more custom shit.

Oh and here's the lower half of a character in our game. The upper half is a 10 year old that pops out of the coffin with a rocket launcher, not unlike a jack-in-the-box.
>>
>>44147015
No ideas for me?
>>
>>44149605
>"All PCs must be girls

This isn't actually a must. The writer just made this the default because a) moe and b) to force a certain vulnerable emotional context onto the game so you couldn't be ultra-hardened death machine soldiers. It's like, say, Bliss Stage. As long as your character is 17 or under, it should work fine.
>>
>>44151715
There's an option to be a boy.

As a tier 2 mutation you can get.
>>
>>44151853
yep. following the rules you cant play a boy. the only other than a girl you can play is a mutant-girl with a dick (a futa-mutant-loli)
>>
>>44151715

>This isn't actually a must.

Maybe it's the translation that's bad, but it's stated that all dolls are girls, even if they were intended to be boys. The setting assumes all PCs will be girls. There's definitely nothing stopping you from ignoring that, however.

>>44151853
Yeah boy is a part you can get for a +1 to conversation checks. Though following the logic of this game, you probably stapled a dick to yourself and called it a day. Also, mechanically, it means you can have your gender punched off.
>>
>>44147015
It's not a new version, it's more content translated. You know all those "Insert description here." bits in the rulebook? Here be the missing descriptions.
>>
File: 31038954.jpg (339 KB, 665x1129) Image search: [Google]
31038954.jpg
339 KB, 665x1129
>>44139233
>>44147015
Yeah, that's a CYOA thing. It's got literal nothing to do with the actual book.

>>44151715
This, basically. There is definitely an element of 'the game was made in Japan and Ryo Kamiya is into that shit', but the thematic idea is to keep the focus on Promethean children trying to get by after the end of the world and figure out who they are and away from mutant body horror space marines fighting zombies. If you keep that in mind, you can probably safely do whatever.

>>44149605
Yeah, a lot of this is just that the wording in the original book isn't super tight. If I were to make judgement calls on those, I'd say that the skills targeting "all of your sisters" don't hit you, explosive effects are treated as one attack and defended against accordingly, and chain attacks stop if you defend them to nothing, since they're said to continue after damage is applied. Mostly because it's not like Meat Snake needs any more help.
>>
>>44151900
>There's definitely nothing stopping you from ignoring that, however.

I'm mostly citing the author's intentions. Once you know that the only reason the setting focuses on girls is because the PCs are supposed to be children to establish an emotional atmosphere and because moe fetishism, it becomes much easier to just ignore the female-only direction because it doesn't fuck anything up as long as you're not an adult. The thematic of a hyper-jaded child or adolescent is much different from that of a hyper-jaded mature human being, after all.
>>
>>44152013

>Yeah, that's a CYOA thing. It's got literal nothing to do with the actual book.

Thought as much, since it had character points and no mention of favor.

>I'd say that the skills targeting "all of your sisters" don't hit you

This does have very, potentially, unfortunate effects on stuff like the Sorority's "Gathering in Elysium." The an argument for this was that other sorority skills specified that you could not be the target of them, though those were conversation checks targeted at you so you'd end up talking to yourself.

>explosive effects are treated as one attack and defended against accordingly

Our group's been a bit back and forth on this. One of the arguments for defend only affecting one location is that for legions, they apply damage reduction after the doubling of it from explosive.

>Meatsnake doesn't need any help

Yeah, anything that reigns in that thing may be for the best.

>>44152048

Yeah, it's cool to ignore shit if you want, just make sure to actually know why it was intended to be done that way and what ignoring it may do.
>>
>>44152181
>This does have very, potentially, unfortunate effects on stuff like the Sorority's "Gathering in Elysium." The an argument for this was that other sorority skills specified that you could not be the target of them, though those were conversation checks targeted at you so you'd end up talking to yourself.

This is definitely the one I'm least sure about, and you could probably run it either way. The closest the FAQ on the official site comes to addressing those skills is a question about whether Savants count as sisters for them. (They don't, but exceptions can be made if you're fighting as an ally with one you've befriended the shit out of.)
>>
>>44152700

If you can take a look at the original book, can you take a look at the Romansque skill, One's Many Charms? It says it reduces the cost of Arms and Legs by 1 AP, but there's no leg part and making it reduce AP cost for everything in those hit locations would be broken. We've been guessing it was intended to make arms and foot cost nothing to use, but confirmation would be nice.
>>
>>44152929
You were right. That skill specifically calls out the parts translated as Arm and Foot. That other interpretation would in fact be maniacally overpowered.
>>
>>44149076
>plz
kill yourself
>>
>>44149076
You don't need to know
>>
>>44133281
Wow this thread is still up? Thats awesome!
Ive a little question to the more experienced players here. This still is my first doll ive ever created. Do you think it is good enough for a first adventure with a more experienced group if i finde one?
>>
>>44153931

Way too many weapons. Not enough defend or move stuff. They all cost the same as well, so there's no real reason to use anything other then the lightsaber. Also, you neglected to put in what the melee attack for the boot knife is.
>>
>>44154305

Just to harp on a little bit more about this, if you're getting multiple weapons (not a bad idea), each one should have a niche. If you just get more sword/gun that does the same thing, you're missing out on AP, Supports/Hinders, Defense, or Moves you could have had to not need all those back up weapons.
>>
>>44154356

And third post in a row due to being stupid and missing it, your skills like the +1 to attack checks do not apply to Electrigger as it is an unarmed attack, not a melee attack. You'll find similar situations for ranged stuff, the skill that gives a plus +1 only does it for ranged attacks so it doesn't work on blast attacks like the flamethrower.
>>
>>44148320
>Those tags.

I'd expect nothing less from /tg/.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.