[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
warhammer 40k general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: general.jpg (345 KB, 1004x754) Image search: [Google]
general.jpg
345 KB, 1004x754
>Rules databases
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>

Everyone knows the moon is made of cheese edition
>>
Thread Claimed for Chaos Undivided and Lorgar Aurelian.
>>
>>44131926
how do i get into this dirt cheap? don't have a job and want to play at the free events

china recasts have to be realistic and i can hide a bad recast under sloppy paint and play under the guise that im new
>>
Isn't the Moon a giant Death Star full of lasers, nova-cannons, and torpedoes?
>>
>>44131985
Yes and that is why I want a 30k DLC for the Battlefleet Gothic game coming up.
>>
>>44131970
ebay will have discounted wares and if cost is such an issue play an army that's expensive points-wise, like Grey Knights.
Supplies like clippers, paint, brushes, glue will run the cost up though.
>>
>>44131970
>how do i get into this dirt cheap?

You don't, unless you want to just play with plastic army men or paper cutouts.

>don't have a job

Get a fucking job.
>>
>>44131970
>mfw recastfags constantly try to deny being poor
>>
Gennlemen, I have a few Tyranids accrued over time because of getting their kits for conversions, and liking them enough to just fork out for the kit rather than source the parts.

As such, I have:

Neurothropes and two Zoanthropes (Assembled)
Eight Gargoyles (Unassembled)
A Carnifex (Unassembled, but Crushing Claws unavaliable)

What else would I need to put together a little skirmish sized force?
>>
>>44131900
Blood Angels can also do a sort of pseudo-salamanders alpha strike type affair. Basically tactical squads with an assortment of flamer weapons for infantry killing, dreadnoughts with frag cannons and heavy flamers for more infantry killing, and assault squads with melta weapons for tank killing, all in drop pods. It's not what people think a BA list should look like (although it does involve assault squads and furiosos) and it's not top-tier, but it can work.
>>
File: 2013-08-03 13.22.07.jpg (757 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
2013-08-03 13.22.07.jpg
757 KB, 2048x1536
>>44131970
first get a job. 2nd buy 2nd hand from locals. check to see if there's a local facebook group or something, just be aware that some people have no fucking idea what to do with miniatures. picture related. i'm currently stripping it and cleaning it
>>
>>44131985
>>44132029

Could you capture the Luna and start bombarding Terra from it?
>>
>>44132143

It's going to be shittier than actual Salamanders drop pod, who are already shittier than bikes/grav/battle company/ etc. Not exactly an amazing army. Green Tide and one of the other Ork formations is actually a credible threat unlike BA/Salamanders, it's just that nobody bothers to play them because there's better options available than all of these things. Like Tau, or Eldar.
>>
>>44131789
I honestly believe that BA have it the worst currently. Orks are overall pretty shit but when min/maxed they're not bad.

Pic related, the win rates from NOVA Open 2015.
>>
>>44131970
>how do i get into this dirt cheap?

I'd recommend not playing; if you're worried about the cost, it's too expensive for you. Not even trying to be elitist, but seriously, this is by it's nature, not a cheap game.
>>
So after last thread, I thought of something to balance the whole "deepstrike/outflank" balance issue.

You deepstrike after the ENEMY have moved. Remove interceptor (pointless) and let people charge as normal out of ds or outflank. The opponent cannot move(already done), but can shoot/charge the newly arrived units as normal. No deep striking melta vets that cannot be dealt with until your tank is already gone, and no melee deathstars that deep strike in and assault immediately, invalidating shooting almost entirely (snapshots won't stop most melee deathstars, stop kidding yourselves.)

How does that sound?
>>
>>44131926
"Hey, anon, how come your Space Marines don't have eyebrows?"
>>
Should cover be nerfed?
I don't mean everyone and their dog gets remove cover but should cover not exceed an armor save unless there is no armor save or unless the unit has stealth/shrouded or unless the cover save comes from an ability/wargear/psychic power.
>>
>>44132447
So basically you show up after their movement phase? Seems like it makes deep strike even more risky than it already was, but it does balance out assault and shooting with it.

Personally, I think its deep strike that's the main issue. Outflank is harder to get exactly where you want and has a lot of areas it can't reach, so assaulting or shooting out of it is harder to pull off already.
>>
>>44132514
No.
>>
>>44132163
1. That's about as hard as capturing Terra

2. Luna has a synchronized orbit, the guns are facing the other way

3. Self destruct
>>
>>44132514
Shooting is already strong enough as it is. The reason cover is so popular is because High AP guns have been given out like candy so Armor saves are worthless a lot of the time.
>>
>>44132517
>So basically you show up after their movement phase? Seems like it makes deep strike even more risky than it already was, but it does balance out assault and shooting with it.
Maybe reduce the risk by making it scatter D6 instead? Or make it possible to at least place them in coherency, but at most within 6" of the starting point, so you don't HAVE to bunch up in a perfect circle, which also makes it easier to mishap.

And maybe make the mishap table less retarded than "Lol, opponent gets to choose where you land, oh look, you conveniently landed in the other corner of the map, far out of reach of everyone, so hilarious XDDDDDD"
>>
Is there any game that simulates battles within the entrails of space stations/spaceships?
>>
>>44132628
Closest would be Zone Mortalis I think.

Though I do seem to recall there was some kind of scenarios where you had void suits, but I can't recall what the rules for it was.
>>
>>44132447
Honestly I don't think this is necessary at all, although being Tau my deapstrike is weak and my intercept is strong. The current risk of being useless in a corner makes up for the free positioning, and being a sitting duck after.
>>
>>44132600
Well, come to think of it if you arrive during the enemy turn, you also get movement unlike currently, meaning a scatter is less likely to put you out of range entirely.

I think the 'opponent chooses where you deepstrike' should have a distance cap though, just so they aren't insanely far off the mark.
>>
>>44132683
>I think the 'opponent chooses where you deepstrike' should have a distance cap though, just so they aren't insanely far off the mark.
Or make them still scatter 2d6, and if you mishap again, you perfectly deepstrike on the original position.

Would make the "opponent chooses" result far more risky, unlike what it is now.
>>
I posted in the last thread asking your opinion on the best Knight.

I'll rephrase, sayong I want the best Knight /sm super heavy for handling death stars and other super heavies. Ideas?
>>
File: Know_No_Fear_huge.jpg (239 KB, 900x662) Image search: [Google]
Know_No_Fear_huge.jpg
239 KB, 900x662
>>44132646

There is one in Mont'ka.
-All shots count as rending to simulate vac-suit rupture.
-All infantry can move 12 and move other other models. -Night fighting.
-Both players throw asteroid at each other on 5+. (S 8/9 ap 3/2 blast/large blast)
>>
>>44132712

The Atrapos seems good for taking down other superheavies in a general sense, and is mildly more survivable than others.
>>
TO THE FAGGOTS IN THE LAST THREAD

The point of a BT Exalted Librarian would be to have a Librarian that has a connection to the God-Emperor himself. Like the Astropaths that are adored by the BT's BET YOU FORGOT THAT DIDN'T YOU, CHUCKLEHEAD?

It would also solve the fucking gaping plot holes for the BT's.
>>
>>44132514

Everyone and their dog already get remove cover.
>>
>>44132105

No shooty flyrants by the way. I won't be playing high enough points to justify an agressively good flying monstrous creature.
>>
>>44132712
Knight warden with stormspear pod. Avenger sloughs infantry stormspear gives 3 or am missiles and you can always give the superheavy the D from up close.

Or an errant with the blast missile pod. Melta and the reaper for the superheavies and blasts for the infantry.

Out of the normal gw knights. Dunno about the FW that much.
>>
>>44132441

It's not even that expensive, poorfags are just fucking destitute. The difference in my monthly car payments if I had bought a shitty $17,000 econobox instead of my entry price, affordable sports car is more than it costs me to play 40k. Any of my other hobbies, including my computer and browsing the internet and video games costs more than 40k. Going to the fucking movies all the time costs more than 40k. Meals at restaurants cost more than 40k.

If you think 40k is "expensive" you have a fucking money problem. Either that or you are stupid, because you are wasting money on toys you clearly don't feel are worth spending money on if you're complaining about $5 plastic men.
>>
>>44131970
For the cheapest units and such, I would look at getting stuff on Ebay. Depending on what army you want to play, you can get units from the Dark Vengeance set for $10 for 10 marines or so, $15 for 5 Terminators, and the characters from the set for like six bucks a pop, which is cheap for the units you can get. The same goes for the Chaos Marine half of the set - characters for five bucks, Cultists at ten for $10, the Helbrute for ten bucks or less and the chosen for a few bucks.
>>
>>44132343
>BT's not even listed
;_;
>>
>>44132163
Is it possible to capture Luna? Yes.
Would you be able to do it, hold it against counter-attack, and override the systems to where you could point them at Terra? Its possible.
Would it be worth it? No.

You would do just as much damage if you captured Luna and then dropped the fucker right on top of the Imperial Palace.
>>
>>44132667
>people talk about DS
>hur my Tau weak to DS
>fucking 5 point Interceptor on everything with billions of missiles and plasma
>talking about how bad assault is
>hurr my Tau weak to assault
>talk about Stormsurge
>hurr Stormsurge is pretty balanced it costs so many points and isn't even that good

Why the fuck is /tg/ filled with so many terrible shitty Tau players?
>>
>>44132823
Neither are catachans; no codex, no listing.
>>
>>44132818

40k is expensive because it has a frankly unjustifiably high overhead on moulded plastic, to the point where there's no way it maximises profits.

Is it within the budget of a dedicated hobbyist? Yeah, barely.
>>
>>44132859
Everyone on /tg/ is a terrible shitty player.
Tau or otherwise.
>>
>>44132712

Deathstars and superheavies require D weapons to be dealt with so that narrows it down. Preferably via a gun instead of melee if the enemy is good at assault.
>>
>>44132770

Isn't that all 6E retcons? BTs used to hate psykers and merely tolerated astropaths but all of a sudden they're now "we can't wait until the day we are blessed with a librarian among our neophytes". I mean, really, from the chapter whose slogan includes "Burn the witch"?
>>
>>44132343
It doesnt say how many of each army participated, which matters a great deal. Those percentages might be misleading.
>>
>>44132818
How about the constant hospital visits due to your anal ruptures? Is that more than 40k?
>>
File: 1445563858133.jpg (39 KB, 281x337) Image search: [Google]
1445563858133.jpg
39 KB, 281x337
>>44132770
here's a thought. why not just take the Librium formation?
>>
>>44132870

40k is expensive only for what it is. It isn't expensive in a general sense. You should not be spending thousands on 40k, and a couple hundred is only expensive to manchildren (who still spend that much on anime titty figures and trading cards, go figure) and homeless people.
>>
>>44132447
Why is this even an issue? Are deep strike lists currently dominating the meta?
No, shooting is. And nothing else is even close.
>>
>>44132961

He said from the neighboring hospital bed. For so great was his anger at being revealed as a destitute plebeian, that his anus did ruptureth, and the crimson milk of life did usher forth.
>>
>>44132514
No but ignores cover is such a game changer, it shouldnt be easily accessible for one army, but barely (or not at all) obtainable for another.
This game is so fucked up and unbalanced. If we were to examine it without bias, I doubt any of us would feel too good about playing it.
>>
>>44132859
I started the DS discussion in this thread, and I actually play Tau.

It's not that I "complain" about Tau, I just think about tools to make it less... dumb. It seems odd that deep striking either results in insta-death by overwhelming fire power, sitting ducks waiting to be allowed to charge, or SURPRISE BUTTSEX auto-successful deepstriking into melee, fucking everyone in the ass without chance of countering it.

The primary problem is that the last is only an option available to a few select armies, and not even those heavily reliant on CC.

Balance it out, have everyone land and be sitting ducks for a shooting and melee phase. That lets you react appropriately - if it's a shooting unit, you can try shooting it, or charging it. If it is a melee unit, you can shoot it. It levels the playing field across the board, and prevents it from being overwhelming.

Make it less shit by halving the scatter, and allowing proper placement.

There, melee is no longer unfairly hindered, and shooting units who DS perfectly, either by luck or special rules, no longer get a free kill point with no chance of retaliation.
>>
>>44132859
My point was that Tau DS is rarely worthwhile and that they have no issues with opponents DS as a context for my opinion that DS is not in need of a nerf. Reading comprehension anon.
>>
>>44132967

40k being overpriced makes it expensive by definition. That getting an army isn't going to ruin anyone financially makes it "not expensive" is pedantry at best.
>>
>>44132994
Said he from thy holy fourth floor, truly a loftier floor than the third floor, yet all in the hospital that day posted upon /tg/, complaining as their ani spewed brown and red liquids, ruining the hospital's white linens.
>>
So apart from gets hot affecting vehicles, this whole MC/vehicle thing has got me upset(trying to come back in after not playing for about 8 years). Is there no equivalent to an explodes result for MC? It looks like that's the thing that makes them so much more survivable, especially when it goes up into gargantuan vs superheavy where explodes still do d3(i think) and gargantuan MC just take a wound. Am I missing something tg?
>>
>>44132823
For not even being a first founding you guys really seem to expect a lot of unique stuff for the black templars.
>>
File: Casual Lists.png (38 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Casual Lists.png
38 KB, 800x600
>>44132801
I'm sure a Flyrant is the least agressively good thing you can get in a skirmish match.
>>
>>44132780
No. Only Tau can go into a game knowing they dont have to deal with cover saves. Everyone else has to have access to divination, and hope they roll perfect timing for their power.

CSM get to take 2 ignores cover weapons if they take a 10 man squad of noise marines.

There are odd units/weapons (e.g. Wyverns) here and there that also offer it - but nothing on the level of Tau.
>>
>>44133126

It's a flyer under 1000.

A flyer under 1000 is a dick move.
>>
>>44133040
As the other Tau anon, DS is never too powerful, at least not more so than the respective codex. I've had to deal with Skyhammer and even as the melee-less race the effect has not been too significant. Honestly just add assault vehicle-esq drop pod equivalents at a reasonable price to the relevant factions and you're sorted, not big enough for deathstars, doesn't change shooting DS, and allows for units to actually get in to CQC relatively unmolested.
>>
>>44133044
As opposed to any other hobby that expects money to be put into it 40k isn't that expensive. Shit when I was heavily into boxing I was putting more into it than I ever have with 40k and I still have all my 40k models yet my body is in ruin. The amount my dad puts into shooting and fishing for only a limited amount of time per year is nowhere near what I've put into 40k on the same timescale either.

40k as a hobby rather than as a game isn't extortionate at all.
>>
>>44133179
did you read the .png?
>>
>>44133198
Read it before, still gives me a chuckle
Anyone know the stats for Chaos cultists and anywhere I can buy them cheaply
>>
File: deathstar-dead.jpg (54 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
deathstar-dead.jpg
54 KB, 500x500
So to change the subject from whining, shitposting and wish-listing.

What units/characters have preformed well for you despite what mathfags, theorycrafters and metatards have to say about them?
>>
>>44133219
Yes and Yes.
>>
>>44133219
You can get Cultists at $10 for ten of them on Ebay, I don't have their stats off the top of my head. They're pretty much the same stats as Guardsmen if I'm not mistaken, but with a worse save.

The Chaos 'dex is in the OP's mega file.
>>
>>44133219
mega up top and ebay or a well discounted lfgs.
>>
>>44133090
There is Instant Death, though outside of the Strength-Double-Toughness method, there aren't many easy ways to inflict it.

I have had a Trygon killed in one hit by a Librarian with a Force weapon, for example.
>>
>>44133198

Did I read my own joke? Yes.

Nobody particularly interested in suggesting small points nids then, I guess.
>>
>>44133229
i got some 1k sons that didn't immediately die in combat and held out against some wraiths for a few turns
>>
>>44133090
There is the fact that bolters can kill MCs and can't touch vehicles
>>
>>44133255
Cheers senpai

Anyone reading any good 40k lore books?
I'm currently reading Yarrick - Imperial Creed, its great.
>>
>>44133193
My green fees cost me more than 40k does in a year. A good set of golf clubs costs more than entire 40k army. My friend spends more on his boat (between the marina and maintenance) in a year than I do on 40k.
>>
I picked up some space marine models extra cheap, with an Ork army painted in blood axes what is a SM chapter I can paint these marines as that makes fluff sense to be allied with orks?
>>
>>44132859
Because for some reason Tau attracts a lot of retards in general. Weaboos, people who cant plan 1 turn in advance, people who cant be bothered with the movement phase (JSJ doesnt count), people who want the easiest possible way to play 40k. Tau have such cool units, its a shame they made them the easy mode army. I cant stand playing vs Tau. Its not much fun, and every single Tau player Ive ever seen (except ONE guy I havent seen since early 6th) has been waac, and a retard of some sort.

Last Tau guy I played had a static gunline, and balanced one of his Riptides on the top of a ruined building. He declared it couldnt be assaulted up there, because no model could ever get in base contact.

He also went on and on the whole time about "how tactical playing Tau is. And what people dont realize is that he has to decide every turn what the biggest threat is, and focus on killing it."
Somehow it never occured to him that every single person playing the game has to make those decisions. But we also have to figure out how to get close to the Tau. How to offer up cheap threats as sacrifice, so other units can make plays. How to deal with no cover saves. Etc.

Over the past few years, Ive really lost all respect for anyone that plays Tau.
>>
>>44133229
Grots killing terminators never gets old. There's no mathshammer available for how good my muhreen mate is at rolling 1s.
>>
>>44133229
I had a unit of marines with pistols and chainswords, but without jump packs (I forget if that was the assault squad without packs or just a marine squad upgraded with chainswords, it was in a previous codex), with a Chaplain and Captain tooled up for CC wreck a lot of units.

That said, I was playing against a lot of agressive cc armies in my local meta at the time (Orks, CSM, and Nids were a lot of the armies I faced, with the occasional Eldar player), and that unit could really take a charge well.
>>
>>44132891
>Deathstars require D weapons to be dealt with

No. You are objectively wrong.
>>
>>44133290
>There is the fact that bolters can kill T<8 MCs and can't touch vehicles or T>7 MC's
>>
>>44133040
Your way just makes shooting armies even better. Until we are balls deep in a deep strike meta, just shut the fuck up and enjoy your overwhelming advantage Taufaggot.
>>
>>44133311
>people who cant be bothered with the movement phase (JSJ doesnt count)

Yes it fucking does.

I mean yeah, you'll get some guys who only use it to get in front of and behind the same building over and over with extreme range weaponry, but the rest of us are using JSJ for redeployment. Being in the right place for next turn.
>>
>>44133266
For small point Nid games you should look at getting a few units of Gaunts, obviously, and maybe some biovores or pyrovores if they fit into the points value, along with Tyranid Warriors for Synapse. Use a Tyranid prime for your HQ and keep him cheap so you can put more bodies on the table, because at such a low points value you can really swamp marine armies that only have around twenty models on the board, and you can keep Tau players occupied trying to destroy all of your threats while you grab objectives.

If you can squeeze them in I would suggest another carnifex or so, as they can be a big threat at small point values.

Also more Gargoyles would be good, as having a flying shooting unit can be great if you can use them to flank enemies and such.
>>
>>44133307
Deathwatch are usually more maverick than any chapter, so I imagine they'd be more likely to ally themselves with xenos if need arises before any chapter would especially not the celestial lions.

Painting them as deathwatch also lets you pick and choose which chapter tactics to use if you are indecisive.
>>
If you have a unit in reserves do you have to specify how it will arrive at the beginning of the game?

For example, I'm looking at the raven hawk assault group. Can I choose whether the stormraven flies onto the board or deep strikes on the turn it arrives, or decide beforehand?
>>
>>44133090
MC are better in every single way except for Grav and poison. No, you arent missing anything. 40k is currently as unbalanced as its ever been. There are just a ton of powerlisting retards on /tg/ that dont want to devalue their wins, so they convince themselves it not unbalanced.
>>
>>44133190
But despite being a Tau player, I am mostly concerned about the disparity.

I am worried about Skyhammer deepstriking. They pose an actual threat, and have forced me to adapt Interceptor on an almost army-wide level.

Even perfect deep striking DEldar doesn't concern me. I don't even see the point in interceptor against them. Their shooting is somewhat painful, but the real worry, melee, isn't a problem to stop before they get to charge. The fact that I get both a movement, shooting AND overwatch phase to stop them, means the squishy elves will never hit CC.

I don't understand why DEldar, an army at its strongest when in melee, is almost impossible to get there, while Space Marines, an army that can work perfectly fine with no melee at all, can make mishap-free deepstrikes and charge straight away, leaving only room for interceptors and the snap-firing overwatch that wont do shit.

I'd much rather see a change to allow all armies, melee or shooty, an equal chance of doing something after entering play from reserves.

This isn't complaining about my army, by the way, as this change would harm me a lot, actually, since I play a Farsight army, so I usually have Farsight and a small crisis unit assassinate something with a perfect deepstrike. Still, I think it would be a proper way of balancing deep striking to not be a insta-delete for shooting, and a "SHOOT ME" sign on melee units, aside from the few lucky ones that get to make "SURPRISE BUTTSEX" deepstrikes.
>>
>>44133419
Deathwatch being the millitary arm of the Ordo Xenos...
>>
>>44133413

Yeah, I'll need more Gargoyles: I've already stolen enough wings for conversions to drive them below the minimum unit size.

Pyrovores? I'm pretty sure those are extremely suggested against generally...

As for the Tyranid Prime, I was under the impression that those are overpriced, having been almost doubled in cost since 5th with no buffs, from half remembered reading of nid discussion.
>>
>>44133290
>Im trying to justify my Eldar/Tau advantage and deny I go into most games with a significant advantage

>Im too stupid and socially handicapped to see reality
>>
>>44133419
What the shit are you talking about.

Deathwatch allying xenos is like the most retarded, fluff raping thing I've seen in these threads all week.
>>
>come into /tg/
>first 40k thread I see is a shitposting thread about 40k art, claiming it's GW official art when it isn't
>people literally going "it's shit" and when asked to clarify, resorting to meme responses

Fuck this board has gone to hell.

But, back to 40k. Has anybody actually used Land Raider Excelsiors and Rhino Primaris thing... forgot it's name?
>>
>>44133419
>if need arises before any chapter would

Heretics leave.
>>
>>44133301
I pay $900 a year to play hockey. My wife and I spend ~$5000 a year traveling and seeing concerts/festivals.
If you arent willing to pay 40k's fees, then maybe you just arent as interested in it as you thought.
>>
>>44133492
There's always a bigger threat out there than a few orks cosplaying guardsmen. We've seen them ally with tau to combat tyranids before, if they were to come across a necron tomb world rising up under an ork encampment then shit, the orks can wait.
>>
File: Deebly Goncerned.png (98 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
Deebly Goncerned.png
98 KB, 600x500
>>44133419
Do you know what the Deathwatch is?
>>
>>44133628
Depends on the location.

Due to ork sporification their extermination takes priority over all but tyranid and chaos.
>>
>>44133405
In the past 3-4 years I have not once seen a Tau faggot use JSJ for anything but getting out to shoot, then dropping back out of los. That doesnt count as moving.
If you genuinely use it to get into position to make a play, good for you. But I will believe it when I see it.

God Tau are so fucking cheesy.
>>
>>44133492
>>44133568
Not him, but Ordo Xeno DO use xeno tech and I believe have been said to work with Xeno's in the past (hell, Jokero's are a xeno race, but THEY'RE still used).

Besides, the Emperor didn't even go "kill all xenos lol" he said "all powerful and violent/warlike xenos must be stripped of their power" or something daft.

I'm sure the Ordo Xenos would use a Kroot to lead them through a jungle easier, or an Eldar to get through the webway.

Allying entire armies? I can only justify it against common threats. Eldar and Imperium allying is acceptable against Orks, Nids and Crons. Imperium and Tau are acceptable against Orks, Nids and Crons. Orks could just about be used against Nids and Crons if they're Freebooters. Crons could, depending on the dude....

Essentially, Nids are the only ones off-limit, with Eldar then Tau being the easiest to justify.

Oh and by the way, there is a novel where a Tau Water Caste (I think?) allies with a Deathwatch Marine to go and blow up a mutated Nid spore.

>We go to purge the xenos.... For the Greater Good.
>>
>>44133476
So basically, you want the (relatively soft) counter to your army nerfed.

Tau players ladies and gentleman.

>why should anyone else ever have an advantage or get to have fun?
>Im the center of the universe.
>>
File: I can see the Warp.jpg (81 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
I can see the Warp.jpg
81 KB, 480x480
>MFW I love Steel Legion, but I know GW will never update them
>>
>>44133695
As said in >>44133674
Some take priority.

They vast majority of Deathwatch specialists being Ork and Tyrranic veterans means there's very little leeway for them.
>>
>>44133682

How the hell are you meant to set up a proper Kauyon without mobing around to get people exactly where you want them?
>>
File: 1347475319761.png (34 KB, 164x170) Image search: [Google]
1347475319761.png
34 KB, 164x170
>>44133761

>MFW I love Elysian Drop Troops, but I know FW will never stop making different marks of Horus Heresy Space Marine hats to make new models for them
>>
>>44133764
What bout Eldar? I think they're easiest, they're AoC iirc, while Tau are one below that.

You can fluff it, I'm sure. I could probably even fluff allying with Nids

>Imperium vs Ork
>Ork are huge in number
>A small force of Nids attacks
>Imperium let the Nids kill Orks
>Imperium then kill the Nids before they can reproduce

or something, it's shitty and all, but it's a game, if people want to do it to have F U N then go for it.
>>
>>44133531
>Pyrovores
Sorry I was mistaken as to which unit was which, the Biovore is the unit you should look at for some more ranged heavy support.

The Tyranid Prime is overpriced for what it does, but its one of the cheaper HQ units you have access to, and in low point games you really want to keep the tax on your hq down, because you're going to catch a lot of fire if you take a monstrous creature as your HQ.

The Biovore works great as Anti Infantry, its Spore Mines making it to where even if you miss you place a bunch of living mines near the enemy infantry unit you fired at, giving them less options when it comes to movement. Which is good; at 500 to 750 points, you're going to run into more Infantry than you will vehicles.

For your AT you should have the Carnifex try and prioritize either busting any tanks in cc or getting a ranged weapon on him that will do the job.
>>
File: blood axe retinue.png (2 MB, 905x1266) Image search: [Google]
blood axe retinue.png
2 MB, 905x1266
>>44133674
That's true, but they could always be freebootin' blood axes on a kroozer or they could always be being lead by a dickass inquisitor that's decided that orks are pretty cool and gives them a bit of leeway.

Shit it's 40k, just about everything has happened at some point.
>>
File: Roobin.png (46 KB, 646x195) Image search: [Google]
Roobin.png
46 KB, 646x195
>>44133761
>MFW the only affordable option for Steel Legion is buying from Z

Why are recasters so shit?
>>
>>44133909
There's also doing conversion, or buying from one of a dozen third party bit sellers.
>>
Running a Vindicaire is really boring, so I want to run one with two or three eversor assassins leading the way and the Vindicaire just jogs around the field firing his pistol at people.
This isn't a very good idea, is it
>>
>>44133229
People keep saying that Chaos Terminators suck and from a purely mathematical perspective they do, but I've had nothing but positive results from them. Same thing with Noise Marines - people keep saying Plague Marines are better, but my Noise Marines win EVERY TIME when they go up against them.
>>
File: pls respond.jpg (107 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
pls respond.jpg
107 KB, 700x393
I'll try again...

Anybody tried these? Land Raider with a Grav weapon on is kinda cool? I think it can also enhance the shots of people nearby. While the Rhino can boost nearby vehicles and shit. But I can't remember.
>>
>>44134041
You just asked that not even half an hour ago.
>>
>>44134034
I've only hear well of Noise marines, being able to shit on cover and strike before other marines' is nothing to sneeze at.
>>
>>44134005
Why not do the Execution Force? It's actually pretty insane in Objective Games

>Use Calldius to get Line Breaker
>Use one of the others to get First Blood
>Use the other two to kill Warlord for Slay the Warlord
>Get the bonus point for killing Warlord with the Assassins

That's 4 points you can get from ~500. It'd be easy to hold an objective on your table (thou I think they can also get Line Breaker and Slay The Warlord) So you should easily be 2 points ahead at least.
>>
>>44134073
Well, better give him a reply then!
>>
>>44134073
I know, but it was hidden in my rant. Decided to post the picture in case people forgot they exist. Which I had done so.
>>
>>44134086
I don't like the Callidus.
Besides I want to run multiple eversors I don't give a shit about winning.
>>
>>44134107
If you don't give a shit about winning, why do you waste time and posts asking if it's a bad idea.
>>
>>44134034
>and from a purely mathematical perspective they do
but mathematically they're one of the most effective kinds of terminators that's not saying much, but

3-man units with combi-weapons are solid, and if you're good at rolling 2's, they've got a chance to fuck up or at least tie up an important unit afterwards.
>>
File: hmmmm.jpg (112 KB, 572x303) Image search: [Google]
hmmmm.jpg
112 KB, 572x303
>>44134159
>>
File: 1846-original.jpg (512 KB, 1333x1000) Image search: [Google]
1846-original.jpg
512 KB, 1333x1000
>>44123473
>wouldn't it be the open topped rule instead?
Chariots aren't transport vehicles
>>
>>44134076
I know, but Plague Marines get hyped to fucking death, and every time I try to bring it up on this site it's "but why don't you just run Plague Marines instead."
>>
>>44134209

Actually yeah, what's up with that?

Is there any logic at all to making it impossible to climb out of chariots? Because I sure as shit can't see it.
>>
>>44134076
Take a look at their unit entry. Noise Marines are a weak threat, different ranges on somic weapons, expensive as all fuck, and if youre planning to CC with them, well.... it doesnt matter, you cant do much right with the CSM codex. But saying Noise Marines are good in the context of 7th edition? No.
>>
>>44134159

/tg/ in a nutshell man.

>start argument about what's "good" in 40k while clearly spouting moronic shit
>get told
>"whatever waacfag i play for fun"
>>
>>44133855

Would going Genestealers to keep synapse requirements low be handy?
>>
>>44133054

SECOND FLOOR HERE, CAN YOU HEAR THIS BROOMSTICK I'M BANGING ON THE CEILING? IT MEANS SHUTUP, YOU FUCKERS!
>>
>>44133044
>being overpriced makes it expensive by definition

I don't know, a $0.25 coffee that costs $0.50 isn't exactly expensive. You do realize 99% of the things you spend money for is in fact overpriced but you just don't realize it?
>>
>>44134236
Well plague marines rub the theory-crafters little stump dicks just right being the most reliable equally efficient in all situations.

They're the reasonable brown shoes of cult marines.

>>44134293
They can't hear you in the past, best case scenario they'll ignore you, more likely scenario is their shit-posting restarts.
Good job.
>>
>>44133127
>Everyone else has to have access to divination, and hope they roll perfect timing for their power.

You say that like it's hard.
>>
>>44134319

*Sigh*

Overpriced isn't "Has a markup", it's has too much markup.
>>
>>44132514
Absolutely not. If anything cover is underpowered right now. Drop it any more and some armies (DE for one) would become unplayable.
>>
>>44133127
>CSM get to take 2 ignores cover weapons if they take a 10 man squad of noise marines.

Love how the whining CSMfags have already forgotten the Heldrake era.
>>
File: For the Greater Good.jpg (421 KB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
For the Greater Good.jpg
421 KB, 2880x1800
>>44133307
Your best bet is to make your own Chapter up. They'd probably be radical near-renegades playing fast and loose with other arms of the Imperium, particularly the Inquisition. They'd also be the types to ally with Eldar, Tau and even some Necron Dynasties.
>>
>>44133311
>He declared it couldnt be assaulted up there, because no model could ever get in base contact.

I actually chuckled at this. And then I got mad because I remembered there's a rule that specifically allows you to assault units without being in base to base specifically for scenarios like this where you can't fit on the enemy's level of the building but he's above you and close enough to assault.
>>
>>44134041

It's fun to use but keep in mind it's at least 400 points.

The special rules really help out if used in the right moment and that 7" Orbital is also fun if it lands at just the right spot, or you have a reserve unit that you want to arrive turn 2 at all costs, just make sure that you keep the Rhino Primaris safe, since a lot of players will focus on it to get rid of that orbital.

Also that grav-cannon is really nasty, since so far plenty players I forgot my grav-cannon and kept important units in range. (Best moment was a Wraithknight walking out of cover into the firing arc of my immobilised LR Excelsior.)
>>
>>44133127
>>CSM get to take 2 ignores cover weapons if they take a 10 man squad of noise marines.

They can ALL take ignore cover weapons, but only 2 can take the "heavy" weapon.
>>
>>44134342
You have a 1 in 6 chance to get perfect timing. You then get 1 chance to manifest it each turn, and give it to one unit.

So in comparison to Tau's access to ignore cover, its vastly more expensive, single use, can be denied, and thats if you even roll the power.
>>
>>44133360

Sure if you want to be a semantic faggot since Bolters can still wound Invisible Thunderwolves. But D weapons and S10 AP2/1 are the best choice for dealing with deathstars combined with Ignore Cover or psychic nullification. There is a reason deathstars reign supreme in events that ban D. I think it MIGHT be because the banned D is what is good against deathstars. Maybe?
>>
>>44133847
>mfw I love space marines but FW keeps releasing other legions
>>
>>44134463
>You have a 1 in 6 chance to get perfect timing

Nobody aiming for Perfect Timing takes shitty ML1 psykers you moron. Try calculating Tigurius or better yet, Loth's chance of getting it. OH LOOK FOR SOME PSYKERS IT'S GUARANTEED YOU MORON
>>
>>44134363
>Heldrake era

You mean the few months where Heldrakes could vector strike then flame another flyer? Yeah man, CSM just dominated the table.

I play IG in 40k btw. But CSM 'fags' have every right to be pissed off. Im just not some douchey retard with a chip on his shoulder and no social skills. So Im able to empathize with people.
>>
>>44134355

How do you know GW has too much markup? You have literally zero data to draw that conclusion, unless you're their accountant or manufacturing manager.

And this entire discussion is about "overpriced does not equal expensive".
>>
>>44134356

DE are already unplayable. When is the last time you saw a serious DE player, or DE doing well? And not as Eldar webway tax. Might as well squat DE and just use Corsair rules for your DE armies.
>>
>>44134559

No, I mean the entire year of 6th edition where MEQ was literally unplayable. Guess what also came out in the middle of that? White Dwarf Flamer Daemons, who also ignore cover and was literally the first tier zero unbeatable 40k army to come out in decades. Don't talk if you don't even know anything, you clearly only read about Heldrakes post-FAQ.
>>
>>44134541
I always love seeing a nerd get worked up about something and being completely wrong. Loth doesn't get to pick from Divination..you moron.
>>
>>44134449
Oh youre right, the str 4 ones ignore cover too. Looks like the meta is about to get turned on its head. Noise Marine spam soon to dominate a table near you.
>>
File: IMG_20151212_153321.jpg (457 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151212_153321.jpg
457 KB, 720x1280
Any of you guys ever try shooty nobs? 135 points for a squad of 5 nobs with twin linked shootas and a 4+ is pretty cheap
How do you guys run your nobs?
Also, I made a looted wagon, and I got sheet of the rules online, is it legal to use the sheet in a GW? White dwarf 21 isn't made anymore so I think that's a good enough excuse.
Pic related
>>
>>44134559
>Im just not some douchey retard with a chip on his shoulder and no social skills. So Im able to empathize with people.

It's hilarious how blind you are to your own irony and hypocrisy. It's also sad that /tg/ is filled with people like you.

You're just lucky the IGfags haven't been acting up lately with their "muh regiment" equivalent of "muh CSM muh 3.5" shitposting. There's a reason nobody has any sympathy for IG despite them being shit.
>>
>>44133745
>Literally said the opposite
Reading comprehension fail, ladies and gentlemen.

I literally said it was stupid that shooting, the thing tau does, have zero counterplay, similar to the Skyhammer charge-from-reserves mechanic, while some armies heavily reliant on the same, like Orks or Dark Eldar, cannot do these things.

It was an attempt at balancing it out, so no one has an advantage over the other for no apparent reason. Right now, SM, IG and Tau (and Eldar with DEldar shenanigans) has the absolute best use of arrive-from-reserves in the game, while those who heavily need it, like melee DEldar, Orks, CSM, Tyranids, etc, can't.

It was a proposal to buff those armies. But I suppose you play SM, and thinks it is perfectly fine that marines get this shit, while those that need it don't because fuck anyone who isn't a marine, right?
>>
>>44134466
Thats not semantics you fucking idiot.
How did people kill death stars in 6th?

>they didnt, death stars are immune to everything but str D
>>
>>44132964
non-sm here, is that legal? dont think a redshirt would allow it
>>
>>44134664
they didnt, death stars are practically immune to everything but str D
>>
>>44134623
>calling people nerds getting worked up when you're also in the argument
>ignores the Tigurius part
>implying you weren't completely wrong when you implied Ignores Cover is ALWAYS only a 1/6 chance for an army to get

0 isn't 1/6 so technically you're still wrong.
>>
>>44134466
>get a large amount of s4 or s5 attacks
>drown the deathstar in dice till it fails some saves.
Your 2+ and 4++ isn't going to save you from a combined 175-225 attacks from my slugga Boyz on the charge
>>
>>44134664

People didn't kill deathstars in 6th. They had to play the mission or use their own deathstar/feed them units every turn.

Except now, everything scores, including deathstars.
>>
>>44134541
>call anon a moron
>use caps for emphasis
>be a moron yourself

Oh ok. So to get access to ignores cover you think people should sink more points into a Psyker unit that may or may not even get perfect timing. Or choose an IC that automatically has perfect timing. All this for a single use.

Which, in your mind equates to 'ignores cover is easily accessable to every army'. But anon is the moron here. Right.
>>
>>44132860
Fair, if it weren't for
>>44133103
The fact that we're very different in playstyles, army compositions and fluff. And the most popular (and best) successor.
>>
>>44134734
>slugga
>not shoota
>not running away from them while shooting and going DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA

DIS DA REAL KOW YONN YA GITZ
>>
File: 1421874228663.jpg (54 KB, 463x343) Image search: [Google]
1421874228663.jpg
54 KB, 463x343
>>44134687
>don't think a redshirt would allow a formation in the space marine codex
Yeah okay.
>>
>>44134745
>all this damage control

Why yes, people who want to get a psychic power SHOULD increase their mastery level beyond 1 and take more psykers.

How else are you going to show emphasis on a site that doesn't allow italics, moron? ASTERISKS? Lol. Get worked up more, nerd. Maybe in your blind rage you'll find more logical fallacies to fling.
>>
>>44134621
You are so full of exaggeration and hyperbole. I can only imagine what a frustrated and angry little anon you must be.
>>
>>44134251
Chariots have a mess for rules. In 6th you could climb out, and it was full of empty catacomb command barges charging things.
>>
>>44134756
No listing for Iron hands, Ultras, or the popular White scars either, even though those three are probably more common than SW/BA/DA combined.
>>
>>44134757
>bad moon panzy detected
HOW BOUT I GET IN NOICE AND CLOSZ SO I CAN CHOP YOUR SHOOTA ARM OFF YOU ZOGGING PANSY
Shootas are too inaccurate to deal with deathstars imo, plus most death stars are better in shooting then assault
>>
>>44134745
>got called out on thinking ignores cover is only a 1/6 chance

There is no army that cannot get ignores cover with a greater than 1/6 chance. The armies that have no psychic powers all have allies or inbuilt Ignore Cover.
>>
File: 1447891513873.png (119 KB, 402x564) Image search: [Google]
1447891513873.png
119 KB, 402x564
>>44132497
It was the Emperor's Will that they wouldn't have eyebrows. In His infinite wisdom He conceived that the lack thereof would surprise would be adversaries and afford His Finests the split-second they need to strike and thus end the engagement swiftly that they might serve Him more effectively. Now tell me how dare you question His Imperial Grace and His most Just Edicts concerning His Adeptus Astartes?
>>
>>44134107
As the guy you replied to, go for it. It might not be a good idea, but enjoy it. Use the Vindi to pop off dangerous dudes and then murder the rest.

>>44134433
It's 400 points for both? Sounds found. Is it just a regular Grav Cannon?
>>
>>44134651
>You're just lucky

Yeah, I'm real lucky. Hopefully the angry shitposters in 40k general will just let it slide this time. Boy was I wrong about everything, thanks for shedding light anon. You're a great guy.
>>
>>44134779
but the bts make a BIG deal about "no psykers"
>>
>>44134787

This is how people know you didn't play at that time. Everyone that played against that army during April 2014 remembers that bullshit. You probably weren't even around before Daemons got their 6E hardcover.

The top tournament results from that time are still online, you can even prove it. You just have no idea about anything 40k related so you don't even know how to find them.
>>
>>44134647
Why not use Flash Gitz instead?

No 4+ but the far superior guns and stationary bs3 sure works wonders.

Personally I run my nobs on bikes with big choppas
>>
>>44134701
Alrighty then. Confirmed for having your head way too far up your own ass. Dunning-Kruger'd.
>>
>>44134735
Weird, because I killed a shit ton of Screamerstars, Deathwing blobs, and Blood Angels in 6th. Guess I was lucky.
>>
>>44134824
I guess a burna bomma counts as "ignores cover"... and desperate allies are Allies.. kindoff.
>>
>>44132946
>>44132770
Astropaths and Naviagators are revered because they're Emperor sanctioned and Emperor Seal Of Approval guys. Since they think Emperor is God, that's pretty big in how they ignore that.

As for that suggestion... it's odd, but you could, I suppose, have a sort of Emperor's Champion style pysker, which isn't a pysker. Something similar.

Or just ally a Librarian.

>>44132964
>>44134687
>>44134779
He is saying the Red Shirt wouldn't allow a Black Templar army to take a Librarian Formation.... Due to, you know, not having Librarians.
>>
>>44134701
>death stars are practically immune to everything but str D
That's kinda the fucking point.
>>
>>44134559
Even back then they couldn't flame another flyer, as there's nothing in the Heldrake's rules that override flyers not being able to hit by weapons that can't fire snap shots (interestingly, FMCs don't have that clause in their rules, just that you have to fire snap shots at them if you don't have skyfire, meaning that flyers and other units with skyfire can actually hit them with blasts and templates). They coukd, however, fly over units and then fart fire on them, or destroy a transport with vector strike and flame the occupants.
>>
>>44134786
The conversation started when some dipshit chimed in with 'ignores cover is easily accessable to everyone' in regards to some anon talking about markerlights.
So yeah, ignores cover is a possibility, but no where near as cheap, accessible, reliable, or in the quantity of markerlights.
Just thought I should provide some context since youre crucifying me here.
>>
>>44134879
Nobs are cheaper than flash gits money wish, and I'm not sure how to convert Nobs to flash gits, unless you got ideas.
Nob bikers are expensive to work now, aren't they?
>>
>>44132952
I got you, family
>>
>>44134879
FAGGOT
I have a policy of not fighting anyone with more than 20% bikes in his/her (lol) army
And one about not fighting cowards
YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED AT HOW OFTEN THEY OVERLAP
>>
>>44134824
>Noise Marines are ignores cover hurrdurr

CSM cant roll on divination, but they can ally in an unmarked Sorcerer from Crimson Slaughter.

I stand corrected, everyone has access to ignores cover. Tau advantage nullified.
>>
Is it just me, or does the Autarch model have super fucking specific wargear for a customisable HQ?

Even moreso than usual, I mean. That model is very much a dude who's been a Swooping Hawk, a Striking Scorpion and a Fire Dragon, who likes to use a power sword. That's an entire backstory displayed just in his equipment.
>>
>>44135012
Not to mention my heavy support is jammed with lootas, looted wagon and a deff dread
>>
>>44135076

CSM can ally Daemons for Divination too.
>>
>>44134289
That could definitely work. Just be careful because you want to be outnumbering your opponent in both the number of units you have on the field and hopefully how big those units are.

You have to be careful when facing Imperial Guard or Orks because at lower points levels they stand a chance of outnumbering you with Infantry platoons or using the Green Tide. Also be careful against Tau units because they can still get multiple Fire warrior teams on the field along with battlesuits using their superior maneuverability to keep you off balance.

Your ideal strategy would be using the Tyranid prime and a large unit of 'gaunts to barrel forward, using the 'gaunts to keep your hq safe while providing synapse, and throwing themselves at the bulk of the enemy while your Gargoyles move to a position to either harass the enemy with ranged attacks or to steal a late game objective, all supported by Zoanthrope blasts and Biovores shitting mines everywhere.
>>
>>44135054

>CSM nearly double that of Tau
>Same number of Tau and Ork players
>More SOB players than Adeptus Mechanicus

This sounds like a magical place.
>>
>>44133229
Shokk Attack Gun Big Mek. I feel like I roll a disproportionate amount of odd pairs for strength, so it's been very dependable. Hiding him among a group of grots makes him pretty survivable too.
>>
>>44134824
>The armies that have no psychic powers all have allies or inbuilt Ignore Cover.

Well I guess my Burna-Bomber does get it, touche. Now fear the wrath of these Str 5 Ap 4 small blasts that IGNORE COVER! Watch out Fire Warriors!
>>
>>44134840

Yes a regular Grav-cannon with Grav-amp.

Search for rules, they are easy to find.
>>
File: SDC10867.jpg (342 KB, 1600x917) Image search: [Google]
SDC10867.jpg
342 KB, 1600x917
>>44135067
20% points or models?

>>44135012
Well i got a lot of third party weapons as part of a used lot of orks and I convert some from lootas and AOBR big shoota boys as well.
>>
>>44135240
Aren't the Burna Bomms large blasts?
And the skorcha rokkits the small ones.
>>
File: 1422690288035.jpg (78 KB, 525x719) Image search: [Google]
1422690288035.jpg
78 KB, 525x719
>aobr ork Boyz cost more than retail on ebay
WHY
>>
>>44134647
I think you can get the White Dwarf digitally if your GW is super anal about it.
>>
>>44135240

Flash Gitz, SAG

Even assuming you had access to Perfect Timing or markerlights, Orks don't have very many impressive guns to abuse it with to begin with.
>>
>>44134916
>Deathwing blobs

Those aren't deathstars.

>BA and DA

I'm guessing your opponents sucked dick if your area is filled with DA and BA so he probably didn't even build his Screamerstar properly if you killed "Loads of them". AP2 2++ rerollable is insane. There's a reason it was even nerfed in the ITC.
>>
>>44134873
Man you have it all figured out huh? You're so right, theres no room at all for any doubt. Must feel good anon, having such insight and knowledge of random people you disagree with.

Ive played 40k off and on since the mid 90's. I came back for 6th after a ~7 year hiatus. I played IG and BA in 6th, and am familiar with both 6th edition iterations of the Heldrake. Only mouthy retards like yourself ever had an issue with it. The rest of us used the 2" rule to minimize the Baleflamers impact. Im ok with watching a template cover 2-4 (4 if youre lazy and stupid) infantry models in a turn. Even if they were 25 ppm, and all died, thats still 70 points less than a Heldrake.

Think about your adolescent attitude junior. You are too cocksure to realize it but you are an idiot.
>>
>>44134923

Desperate Allies and AoC can't give you ignores cover I think, since they count as enemies that aren't hostile.
>>
>>44135308
Greedy shits.

Ebay is a shithole for it, nearly any other online marketplace is far cheaper and with much less garbage.
>>
>>44135395
I know, and orks closest allies.. are fucking chaos who can't even help themselves.
>>
>>44135329
Neither of those get ignores cover
>>
>>44135405
Any suggestions?
>>
File: BT19.jpg (497 KB, 2204x2130) Image search: [Google]
BT19.jpg
497 KB, 2204x2130
Anon who just paint miniatures and don't play with them.
I want to start army of pic related.
I got some advice form /tg/ that I should start with HQ, tac marines box and BT upgrade set. And then get scouts to make them as acolytes.
But, do i get enough melee weapons to get a fluffy squad? Also, should i gib melee weapons to acolytes aswell?
And I'm wondering if BT termies should go with hammers, or they're swords available for them? Or should i get them somewhere else?

Any other general tips for making cool looking BT army are welcome.
>>
Generally, HQ+Maxed unit does not a deathstar make. That's just a maxed unit with an HQ in it.

What you want to do to get a deathstar is stack either multiple expensive HQ's into a unit to make it bullshit, or apply psychic bullshit to make it bullshit which generally requires also having warp charge batteries on the field for reliability/multiple psykers to get the right powers.
>>
>>44135372
You have to kill the dude with the Grimoire first. Kill Fateweaver or the DP casting invis. Then the Heralds and Screamers are cannon fodder. Did/do you actually play 40k?
>>
>>44135382

Your argument is basically "Heldrakes weren't an issue" so yeah, there's not much room for argument when you argue against facts. They were even FAQ'd by GW so that says a lot.
>>
>>44135436
I just know my local ones, but I doubt Danish trading forum's are much use to you.
>>
>>44135437
>I want to start army of pic related.

Hmm, going by the build of the marine and the lavender armour with frilly decorations, that's probably female space marine fanart.
>>
>>44135474
Well damn.
Anyone know any Canadian trading forums?
>>
>>44135372
Confirmed for being in way over your head. Learn the subject matter fat boy. Using insults and vitriol doesnt lend your argument credibility. It just spotlights you for what you are, ignorant.
>>
>>44135486

Well it's 40k art so it's not a woman,

But yes that is really transparently a picture of a woman in power armour. There's not even any ambiguity, just look at it.
>>
>>44133090
>Is there no equivalent to an explodes result for MC?

Well lets rectify that!

Whenever a Monstrous Creature suffers an unsaved wound, roll on the following chart. Add +1 to the roll if the wound was caused by an AP2 weapon, or +2 to the roll if the wound was caused by an AP1 weapon.

1-3: Concussion - A blow to the creature's head or targeting systems leaves it unable to focus. The Monstrous Creature can only fire Snap Shots until the end of its next turn.

4: Stunning Blow - The wound overwhelms the creature momentarily, leaving it temporarily disabled. The Monstrous Creature can only fire Snap Shots until the end of its next turn. In addition, it cannot move until the end of its next turn. If it is a Flying Monstrous Creature, it may not change flight modes in its next movement phase.

5: Arm Shot - One of the creature's arms or weapon mounts is ripped asunder. One of the Monstrous Creature's weapons (randomly chosen) is destroyed. This can include wargear such as teeth and claws. If the creature has no weapons left, treat this result as Crippled instead.

6. Crippled! - The creature's lower limbs or locomotion systems are utterly destroyed. A Crippled Monstrous Creature cannot move. If it is a Flying Monstrous Creature in Swoop mode, it immediately takes a Grounded test that it automatically fails.

7: Mortal strike! - The blow punches through to a vital organ or system. The wound causes Instant Death.
>>
>>44135462
How many meq fit under a flamer template? 5 or 6 if they are sitting on top of each others bases. 2-3 if you know the Heldrake is coming. There are some facts for you. The potential loss of ~3 infantry models per turn is 'the Heldrake era' ? Come on now. Im aware of what they did, it just never dominated anything the way you are implying.
>>
>>44135437

Buy the coolest models. Only a shooting terminator sergeant can have a sword. Everyone else gets fists or claws or hammers.
>>
>>44135455

Yeah they're just going to let you kill Fateweaver. And FMCs are so easy to kill to begin with.

>hur dur Screamerstars are ezmode do you even play 40k

Do you? Bet you think new Tau suck because you can just kill the markerlights. Bet you thought OLD Tau sucked because you could just kill the Pathfinders. That nobody ever ran.
>>
>>44135520
>Learn the subject matter fat boy. Using insults and vitriol doesnt lend your argument credibility. It just spotlights you for what you are, ignorant.

Haha, wow.

See >>44134651

It's hilarious how you pathetic neckbeards will get on a soap box about how you should be nice and calling people douches and cunts while being a complete douchey cunt.
>>
>>44135261
I don't remember. The metafags made everyone step up and my BT army was getting so pounded i stopped playing entirely.
Now i just sit at home, paint units for forces that will never be seen by anyone else, and slowly break down from the inside.
kill me please
>>
>>44135583
>Well lets rectify that!

No.

Fuck no.

No.

Degrading in a predictable manner as it loses wounds? Fine.

But no fucking damage table. More shit is not an an answer to shit.
>>
>>44135437
"Don't" is my advice. They're as miserable as the SoB's.
>>
>>44135583
Maybe if it suffered 2 or 3 unsaved wounds.

To the other anons re:MC vs vehicles thanks. Its kind of disheartening coupled with how orks look, but I'll still 'ave a go.
>>
>>44134430
>And then I got mad because I remembered there's a rule that specifically allows you to assault units without being in base to base specifically for scenarios like this where you can't fit on the enemy's level of the building but he's above you and close enough to assault.

Where is that rule out of curiosity? I'd like to be able to refer to it in these sort of scenarios.
>>
>>44135178
CSM is one of the most popular armies
>>
>>44135329
>Orks don't have very many impressive guns to abuse it with to begin with.

Kustom Mega Kannons with Ignore Cover would be bloody amazing. Str 8 Ap2 small blast ignore cover? For 30 points? Eat your heart out Riptides.

>Flash Gitz, SAG

I fucking wish Flash Gitz had Ignore Cover. SAG doesn't have it either, even though it makes perfect sense for it to have it, since it actually teleports snotlings inside the target.
>>
>>44135329
>>44135927
Gitz HAD ignores cover on their old gitfindas, no more.

Now it's "stand still with short range assault weapons"...
>>
>>44133602
I've used it, works well enough but the buffs tend to only be available for one or two rounds cause over here everyone sees land Raiders and rhinos as free kill points.
>>
>>44135486
I think it's just some artist's representation of artificer armor.
>>
>>44136238

Artificer armour has very motherly hips.
>>
>>44135692

I'm not actually being serious with the table, I'm just using it to demonstrate how horrible vehicles are compared to MCs. Mind you it does make sense; why is it that a weapon that can punch through the heaviest armour in the galaxy and exploding the heaviest tank in the galaxy unable to hit a vital organ on a creature? Why can you blow a tank tread off but not a leg? Why can you blow a heavy bolter off a tank but not an arm off a Carnifex?

>>44136088

I don't know that I'd call 24 inches that short.

I had forgotten that they FAQed Gitfindas to Ignore Cover when 6th ed came out. It sadly didn't make Flash Gitz good though. Ignore Cover on the new ones might work just because they're so much cheaper, though they're still pretty atrocious.
>>
>>44136238
I want to bang that artificer armour.
>>
I want to do Chapter Master Ahab and his Power Harpoon.
>>
>>44136414
Is he leading his chapter in pursuit of the pale-armoured Hive Fleet Möbius?
>>
>>44136321
>why can't I cut off a multi-wound character's arm? or chose the target of chariot or rider?
it's not a matter of strength or realism, it's a matter of vehicles being in old editions and ending up as a cobbling of multiple systems and being very confused as a result. Many vehicles could do with additional HP or a cost reduction but really walkers, skimmers, tanks, etc. should have different tables to reflect their respective fragility, 'if' we want to do a complete overhaul.
>>
>>44136579
This.

What if walkers were given wounds and the 2 unit types fused?
>>
>>44136831

Or we could just like,

Make them all MCs.
>>
>>44136831
What if we actually made the Tau monstrous creatures Walkers, since thats what they all are?
>>
>>44136924
But then you'll unjustly nerf Tau! Why nobody think about the poor Tau players?
>>
>>44136924

Because that would be utterly asinine?

They tried doing vehicle crisis suits in playtests, and it was way too granular and complex.
>>
single pilot vehicles should be MCs while more than one pilot would be vehicles (this would mean stormsurge would be a SHW)
>>
>>44136993
Crisis suits aren't monstrous though. I mean things like the Ghostkeel, Riptide, and stormsurge.
>>
>>44137070
Making it a superheavy walker would buff the Stormsurge
>>
>>44137098
open-topped?
>>
>>44137092

Consistency.

Why the fuck would a Ghostkeel be a walker if a Crisis wasn't?
>>
>>44137098
then nerf it in other ways too
a bunch of other things would also have to change to make this change work
so too much trouble really...
>>
>>44137070
The vast majority of Walkers are single pilot though.

What difference is their between a Dreadnought and a Riptide? A Pentinent Engine and a Dreadnight?
>>
>>44137098

Depends how deliciously vulnerable it's pert little rear av is.
>>
>>44137153
rear AV 8 :^)
>>
>>44137120
It wouldn't be vulnerable to small arms fire anymore.
>open-topped
jesus christ my side
>>
>>44137122
>Why the fuck would a Dreadnought be a Walker if a Centurion wasn't?

On a more serious note, I do miss the rules that allowed Infantry to have AV in place of an armor save.
>>
>>44136993
>it was way too granular and complex

It wasn't. The problem was that they were overpowered at the time of 3rd edition when antitant weapons were rare.

A unit of crisis suits would basically be the same of a squadron of landspeeder right now in complexity. The only problem would be how to manage drones.
>>
>>44137092
>>44137122
Ghostkeel isn't really walker material, a riptide is more obvious but the Ghostkeel's statline isn't what makes it powerful.
>>
>>44137218
What about a vehicle type that functioned exactly like an MC, but swapped poison and haywire, just to shut up anons.
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-13+at+01.12.57).jpg (72 KB, 595x303) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-13+at+01.12.57).jpg
72 KB, 595x303
>>44137287
You mean like the Mechanicus robots in HH?
>>
>>44137287

Flesh and armourbane too.

But yeah, consolidate.

Also Superheavies need gradual degradation waaaaay more than regular vehicles do. The idea that a 3 hullpoint vehicle can turn to shit for taking 1 point of damage but a 30 hull point Titan is mint condition with 29 hull points missing is a fucking farce.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.