[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #616: Swordpoint Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: Jumpchain CYOA Collection.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain CYOA Collection.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>44115026
>>
What do you get a jumper for Christmas?
>>
>>44131063
A new jump. What else?
>>
>>44131063
Restraint and common sense.
>>
>>44131063
One can never have enough socks.
>>
>>44131063
Some cookies, milk and a promise to be nice
>>
>>44131092
HAH! You're funny, Anon.
>>
>>44131063
The souls of the innocent!
>>
>>44131440
Therapy.
>>
>>44131063
An excuse to jump Nightmare Before Christmas and Santa jump simultaneously.
>>
>>44131063
A Visit from Mr. Sacks.
>>
File: OH BOY.png (929 KB, 1003x800) Image search: [Google]
OH BOY.png
929 KB, 1003x800
>>44131063
A warm snuggle, hot coco and some vidya games to play together.
>>
>>44131063
A Visit from the Hogfather.
>>
>>44131063
Whatever they want.

Yes, even THAT.
>>
>>44131773
That's not cool, anon. We all agreed Jumpers should never be given potatoes under any circumstances
>>
File: 1396066424783.jpg (135 KB, 997x850) Image search: [Google]
1396066424783.jpg
135 KB, 997x850
>>44131063
A cloning facility and the DNA of some horrible alien monster.
>>
>>44131803
N-Not even fried!?
>>
>>44131803
Dammit, I still kind of want A Rival A Friend Someone to understand what it's like Some nice Potatoes.
>>
Closest thing to a natural predator of Jumpers?
>>
File: AntiSpiralWP.jpg (131 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
AntiSpiralWP.jpg
131 KB, 1920x1200
>>44131986
Nyarlathotep. Take a look at Run from Lovecraft jump.

There's also Orikan we guess.

>>44131978
Duplicate yourself with Tweedilified from Through the Looking Glass! You'll have one for as long as you can stand each others' company!
>>
>>44131986
Time travelers, they can attack your origin directly and generally cause a mess. There's some perks to help against them but it's still a massive headache.
>>
>>44131986
The Horrors from the Age of Ice jump
>>
>>44132286
You mean the things designed to kill all but the most bullshit of bullshitters?
>>
File: AntispiralNOOOO.png (286 KB, 688x556) Image search: [Google]
AntispiralNOOOO.png
286 KB, 688x556
>>44132286
Aww shiet yes, those pieces of work. Yep, they definitely qualify. And three of them might be Eldrazi titans-or at least the bits of 'em sent out to terrorise the multiverse-to boot.

Speaking of which-did anyone else end up tangling with them? How'd you fare?
>>
>>44132286
Non-canon and trash.
>>
>>44131986
People who are able to adapt to meta-gaming bullshit.
>>
>>44132454
if you ask in irc I bet b5 will add a trigger warning to the start of the .pdf for you.
>>
>>44132566
Exactly who fits this criteria? Apart from the Time Travelers and Horrors mentioned up there.
>>
>>44132579
That's not needed, because they were removed into their own pdf that isn't part of the jump series anymore because he knew that if he forced people to get killed for doing his CYOA he'd never hear the end of it.
>>
>>44132605
You've got an inventive memory. It was always optional DLC and still is.
>>
>>44132638
>It was always
Baby himself said that they were originally the final bosses of part 3. In release form they've always been separate, but in original intent that was not the case.
>>
So-exactly how compatible is a Geneforge with scientific gene splicing anyway? It's a bad idea to mix 'em on the same project, right?

For that matter, how useful is the Haemonculus skill from Commoragh? What sort of things can you do?

>>44132699
Right.

And we only have your word for it.

And you're a saltier than the Dead Sea after a heatwave so you're clearly a trustworthy and reputable informant.
>>
>>44132774
>we only have your word for it.
He posted that factoid in the thread. If you really distrust me that much you can scour the archive for it. Doubt you'll put in the effort though.
>>
>>44132774
As far as I know, Geneforge stuff works a lot better if you actually understand genetics and what you're doing. But the actual process is pretty different between cloning tanks and a magic crystal-based geneforge/life shaping magic.
>>
>>44132151
Time travelers aren't that serious unless they also have interdimensional travel.
>>
So... how do I make sure my robot minions won't melt when the heat is turned up? Specifically, I'm putting reverse-engineered Wands of Universal Fire in them are weaponry... And I was hoping to have them withstand firing for a while.

Also, kind of in the same vein, how do I make sure my infinite ammo gatling gun doesn't overheat?
>>
>>44132867
Give them upgrades. Get something like adamantium or vibranium or whatever else you'd like, remake their shells/bodies with that. Or just give them magic.
>>
>>44131063
A copy of "For the Man Who Has Everything", either the comic or the DVD.
>>
>>44132792
Nah, I found it. You'll forgive me if you didn't exactly come across as convincing when you opened with whining about something that's not even mandatory. And I don't see the issue with changing your mind about something at the last minute for the better; I've had plenty of bad ideas myself.

>>44132839
Oh. Mainly I was wondering if it'd go haywire if you used it alongside too much superscience.

>>44132867
Erm, actually if you have Chosen of Death? You should be able to reverse engineer the Wand of Universal Fire's ablative outer lining into some coating for your minions since it's THE superscience perk for Lord of Light.
>>
>>44132792
I'm fairly certain the burden of proof is on you in this case.
>>
>>44132867
Well, the Wand comes with a special heat-resistant body stocking capable of dealing with the waste heat it produces. So reverse-engineer that and you should be able to prevent them from the effects of firing.
>>
>>44132937
It's alright, found the quote. Still nothing to sway me round to his point of view really so-I'ma just do like the Dude and abide.

>>44132957
I think the challenge would be mass producing it; stuff's probably made of ultra-rare materials. It's implied the gods' artifacts are pretty unique since Yama built most of 'em.
>>
>>44132937
The idea that every statement in a normal conversation should be heavily sourced is an insane one. This is not an essay, and expecting people to keep detailed citations for everything they read is something only the most obsessive of autistics would do. Regardless, see >>44132936 , I know what I'm talking about.

>>44132936
Honestly? Because of the above reason, I won't 'forgive' that kind of suspicion. On top of that, I'm pretty sure that "Baby was intending to kill all jumpers who did his jump." is a pretty justified reason to have 'salt' about those entities.

And of course him changing his mind was a good thing. Doesn't mean I can't point at his original intent and call it bad.
>>
>>44132898
Does adamantium or vibranium actually protect against melting? I mean, it's gotta be forged somehow, right?

>>44132936
>>44132957
Yeah, that heat-resistant body stocking thing mentions being able to withstand it. "For a time."
Wasn't sure how long that'd be.

But just going Chosen of Death and reverse engineering that would be enough to make them pretty resistant/immune?
>>
>>44133021
Google is your friend since those are both canon things in Marvel.
>>
>>44133021
Vibranium apparently can not be harmed by energy or heat. I just said random fantasy metals off the top of my head. Adamantium can be melted though.
>>
>>44133002
Well, then this is the point where I reiterate people have bad ideas sometimes, aren't infalliable in terms of realising how bad they are until the last minute and that it's foolish to infer malice in what can be explained by a mistake.

But I can see you're dead set in your stance, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

At least we've managed to keep the ad hominems reletively sophisticated. Kudos for that, at least.

>>44133021
>>44133077
This makes me wonder-how do Marvel characters actually forge adamantium/vibranium if it's so tough? Magic? Energy beams of plot devicing? I remember something about them being softer in an unrefined ore state.
>>
>>44133021
Vibranium just completely nullifies vibrations or some shit. No clue what that does to heat.

True Adamantium doesn't undergo the unspecified changes that makes it True Adamantium and completely unalterable via physical means until it cools down. It's also pretty much the rarest metal in the marvel universe and you can't cheat your way into making it via Alternative Something-Or-Other from Anno 2070 because it's made of vibranium and a bunch of other shit and not a singular material. I wouldn't bother with it if I were you.
>>
>>44133111
I don't know about marvel characters, but I just studied vibranium and practiced until I could produce it via FMAlchemy, in whatever form I already needed it in.
>>
>>44133111
Normally I would not infer malice, but when these are beings that can only be killed by Anti-spiral and Val, basically, then the intent of making everyone face them seems pretty clear to me. I'm not sure what other conclusion one could draw from it, but you don't seem to be willing to be convinced.
>>
>>44133111
Adamantium doesn't become invulnerable until it's set. You can combine the metals that go into the alloy and work them when they're still molten, but once it cools the microstructure is established and you can't affect it any further.
>>
>>44133121
Heat is, at the atomic level, vibrations.
>>
>>44133140
Ahh, FMAlchemy. Yeah, that'd be a godsend for forging the indestructible.

>>44133157
This also explains a lot

>>44133153
I noticed someone in the thread I found came up with a plan to deal with at least ONE of the Horrors at least. But as you said, we probably aren't going to be able to convince each other.
>>
in the Binbougami jump, you can drain a god of their fortune energy, and they revert to human. is that only local gods, or if you bring a god from somewhere else in, can they be reduced to human as well?
>>
File: Spha.jpg (182 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Spha.jpg
182 KB, 1024x768
>>44132366
I (maybe) lucked out and rolled Emrakul, the time eating one. This being a VERY late jump, I had my Reality Marble and all the time resistance perks, plentiful in the chain.

T'was quite a ballet dance, as we dodged each others' very own varieties of personal Chaos – spiraling waves of Sphaela Aje on my side, and twisting storms of causality on its, both consuming and flowing into each other over the instants that resembled eternities in a second, us jumping eternities by hops and instants by years-long treks.

And in the end... How does one distort that which is timeless? How do you make chaos out of a timeline that is both mutable and simply IS to begin with? But at the same time, how does one bring order to something that has naught to bring order to?

I can't say anyone won, really. We were just too alien to each other for such a concept to take place. But maybe, just maybe... We both learned something from that twisted eternity together.

That said, after I got things to resemble normal it turned out everybody else on Erebus didn't fare well. Or... At all, really.

Mara, an Archmage of Air, a wonderful, upbeat person, got stuck in a time loop of around ten minutes for several thousand years. Recovering her mind was an experience.

Ernst, a delightfully noble-mannered Vampire Lord, got it arguably better, simply getting his body stopped in time while mind ran at normal speed, resulting in absence of all senses but sight, and even that unchanging, him being unable to even move his eyes. His mind shut down fairly quickly and quietly, after several years or so. He is not sure how much time he experienced after that.

Brigit... Poor Brigit. The horror Emrakul wrecked on everything's timelines was that much harder on the recently ascended goddess.

And so on and so on for everybody on the planet (left alive, that is), leaving me with quite a mess to clean up before I could leave.

Too, too much of a mess.
>>
>>44133509
Well, gods from other settings don't run on Fortune Energy.

This is sort of considered common sense.
>>
>>44132366
>>44133517
That said - you found yourself fighting Rarku, yes? How did that go?
>>
>>44132975

My impression was that their main limit is that they disdain heavy industry, think their artefacts should be unique for aesthetic purposes, and Yama himself prefers to not mass produce.

Though they certainly have lost some of their technology - Kalkin's seashell belt cannot be reproduced.
>>
>>44133517
You know they follow you everywhere even after the jump, right? You need to fight him again and again each jump after.
>>
>>44133543
I think you just missed ASA going to sleep, actually.

That said, as I recall he somehow got the attention of Umor.

And they're still fighting it out after the jump and because of certain perks he has, he may or may not be gradually humanising it by accident which of course he will deny because of his cosmic fire waifu
>>
>>44133549
All this is very true. The stuff they have is good quality though; it's heavily implied they used to be much less careless with it during the initial war they won retaking the planet from the Rakashas and Sea Mothers.
>>
>>44133532
but jumpchain often works on equivalency. I don't have 80 different mana pools from different jumps magic systems, I just have the one common pool. So it's not impossible that through draining them of fortune, you could siphon off the power currency they DO employ.
>>
>>44133640
I can't wait for the Yandere Umor arc.
>>
>>44133562

Where is that stated?

If it's just the Lantern - that's only implied as a possibility, and you can just throw the thing away.
>>
>>44133676
>equivalency
...that just means magic is magic, not that magic is also ki, or fortune in this case.
Also, not everyone uses that.
>>
>>44133676
If we're going by that logic, Xykon should be draining all of your "life force" pools every time he casts Energy Drain - and you don't see people going "Xykon drained the Eliacube!" or "that Dementor ate my Aura Sphere!"
>>
>>44133562
He left Erebus still hungry. The bout made it very much clear that hunting me will not bring him the feast he desires.

And if he does approach me again... Well. Prolonged fight is the last thing you want to have with me. All the conversion/corruption perks. ALL OF THEM.

That said? The Mark merely increases the odds, and is no guarantee. Unless I open the Lantern again... Hey.

>>44133640
Have to admit – I am thinking of a similar tale to write. For now though, most of my attention is focused on starting and middle arcs of the chain.
>>
>>44133676
So magic that works on willpower is the same as magic that works by mana or magic that would work with using one's own lifeforce?
>>
>>44133782
Actually, that would be great.
>>
>>44133676
>equivalency

God I hate how this gets used as some kind of excuse.

If the god doesn't have fortune energy, draining their fortune energy won't do jack diddly. If that god runs on some kind of other supernatural mumbo-jumbo juice and removing that reduces them to human, you'd want to drain that. And if they're only gods because of their number of worshippers, you'd want to target that.

Just because all of your shit's equalized into one doesn't mean everybody else is.
>>
>>44133740
>As such, the Lightless Lantern, could be seen as a something that projects a tiny portion of the target's existence into the unseen realm, like a beacon for whatever hell would descend upon them. Nothing that is drawn to a Lightless Lantern is EVER any good for anyone to have to deal with.

>And to make matters worse, if whatever was Marked by the unlight of the Lightless Lantern survives, their Mark is strengthened, increasing their odds of attracting The Thing Which Should Not Be.

>It's such a shame nobody told you this before you tried to use the Lantern...

It's implied that you're stuck with it.
>>
File: deathfu.jpg (953 KB, 820x1250) Image search: [Google]
deathfu.jpg
953 KB, 820x1250
>>44133715
Me neither.

I was about to post the albino harlot with the bikini and sword, but then I realised how shit my taste was

>>44133782
>Xykon acquires the Eliacube
>He pokes at it a while, decides it's boring and throws it off a cliff
>>
How does West Wing, the Foreign Ambassador background, and The Other Side of the Coin drawback interact?

>Someone in DC was up for your position, and your appearance meant he didn't get the job. You have no idea who this person is, but they know who you are. They're not going to rest until you're out of the picture.

>Notes
>The Other Side of the Coin puts you up against Frank Underwood, but you have no idea who he is. He probably has allies in congress, his wife, and a few people in the administration on his side. . . . He's not invincible if you can find him, but it won't be easy.

Does this make my Totally Unknown detractor a member of my diplomatic staff? Because otherwise I have an American sociopath/psychopath who desperately wants to be... the French Ambassador? Or he's living back home in France and undermining my reputation?
>>
>>44133846

I'd put that down to vague fluff - something that serious outright needs an explicit answer.

It'll outright destroy most of the settings you go to in future jumps, if they keep coming back.
>>
>>44133850
The worst part is I can actually see him doing that.
>>
>>44133949

...ASA being stalked by a yandere primordial megadeath or Xykon throwing the Eliacube into the trash?

Because I too can see both happening
>>
So I have my infinite library and preservation magic type stuff is easy, but do any jumps have some kind of infinite digital storage? I only know of the -2kb file from scp (which would be rather annoying deal with).

More importantly, is there any way to make infinite digital storage not die after a few thousand years of heavy work?
>>
>>44134061
Why not take immortality perks and code all the information into a hyperdense genetic core somewhere on your body? Then as long as you live, so does the information.
>>
>>44133562
>>44133846
It doesn't say its those eigth again, just eldritch things from Beyond. Which would vary acording to each jump cosmology.

Now that I think about it, it would make an excellent bait for Dresden's Outsid... Yeeeah, hell no. Fuck that noise.

Also, I'm pretty sure that nothing can follow you between jumps without the Benefactor's permission. At least not by default.
>>
>>44134249
I dunno, it does mean never being able to risk going all out in combat if you don't want to risk wiping your hard drive AND a near death experience
>>
>>44134061
Infinite library? What is this and how do i get it?
>>
>>44134280
That's the beauty of regeneration perks, as the information is part of your body, unlike a non-perk tattoo or something, it would grow back if lost. Probably pretty slowly because of the density necessary for near infinite storage, though.

That density might also work to keep the information safe, though. Crystalline data storage is available in halo and hyperdense crystal is terrifyingly hard to damage. You could use the endbringers as a basis.
>>
>>44134280
You could get Anomalous Physiology from SCP, that makes your body redundant down to the cellular level. They'd have to complete obliterate you to erase any data you had stored.
>>
>>44134324
I just grabbed the libraries from teen titans, maoyuu hero, and endless legend+scp-2400. Not really infinite and probably missing some perks but its a start
>>
>>44134439
Workable, but read/write times would be a bitch
>>
>>44133846
And people STILL defend this.
>>
so what's your stand jumpers ?
>>
>>44134486
Alright, thanks Anon.
>>
>>44134752
I'm hedging towards just taking Plum Juggler because I am not very creative.

A halfway original idea that I've been kicking around is "I've Been Everywhere," which would let me split versions of myself from previous jumps off of my main body.
>>
>>44134752
Name: Jet Boy/Jet Girl
Appearance: A pair of tiny, goblin-esque creatures made of woven grass residing in miniature jet engines that they use to fly at impressive speeds. They are not strong, but are still deadly.
Power: The ability to redirect or negate teleportation or spacial warping effects within [range], it cannot generate it's own until it receives an upgrade from stand arrow piercing. After the upgrade, it cannot expand or contract the space it effects to give it infinite [range], but can cause targets to travel in looping mazes or teleport them to the edge of [range]. The stand's effects work on me as well, such that while I have knowledge of an area, were my opponent to figure out how my attacks reach him they could send an attack back.
>>
>>44134959
I just took white snake because im not creative
>>
>>44134583
You have any idea how many problems you can solve by shining the Lightless Lantern at them?
>>
>>44135164
As many as you're willing to create by exposing yourself to an eldrich enemy that gets stronger every time you fight it.

It's a trap option.
>>
>>44135183
as is Light of Terra and do you see how many people love it?
>>
>>44133846
So am I reading this right, because it seems to be a target painter for your usual cosmic horror types, only the first activation had you as a target.

I guess there are some opponents that really need a squid shoved down their faces.
>>
>>44135213
>as is Light of Terra
No it's not. Light of Terra doesn't sic unkillable super gods designed to kill Anti-Spiral anon on you every single jump because they can somehow follow you instead of being frozen like they're supposed to be.
>>
>>44135213
Please, explain how the two are equivalent.
>>
>>44134752
the teddy bears
this stand creates A teddy bear Composed of metallic fabric with Either an "X" or a "÷" Embroidered on its face instead of a left eye And a number between two and Sixty Instead of a right eye Within a 3 Line of sight of its user. when in contact with any object that performs Any function or sub function rhythmically Be It the beating of a heart or the motion of a piston That Function's Tempo is modified By the amount indicated on the eyes of the bear, this Does not convey motion ,Power or ability to withstand the new tempo Merely force the new tempo Onto the target. these bears Are not animate and have only the weight And size of an average children's teddy bear,And can easily be moved safely such as by poking them off of the object with a stick.
>>
>>44135222
And it never goes away until you die. So technically even if you fail a jump and get sent home, you're still screwed because it's gonna follow you there and kill the planet with you on it.
>>
>>44134752
My stand can move things, specifically injuries, or the very concept of damage. From one thing to another. It has several acts thanks to the spins influence. So eventually it could move damages in space. Mostly holes, and tears in the fabric of reality. But only existing damage. Can't make those kinds of injuries.

>>44132366
I ended up fighting Hruvur, Abomination of Desolation. Pretty much the living embodyment of something I've been battling even in real life Depression. I've fought it countless times and barely won. So now it's my fully and truely developed self verses something that technically can render my jumper useless. By winning against it I've won over my biggest flaw. It was very key to my jumpers developement. Though I only won due to using inspiration and shutting down its hope drain and relying on my friends to ultimately take it down. I often roll for the chance for it to appear again. I think it's starting to like fighting me. "Always in fresh supply" it would rumble.
>>
>>44135222
Assuming it works the same as it does in the game it came from, the more exposure you have the worse your horror mark becomes, so shine it at someone you really don't like for longer than it was shined at you and you net yourself some breathing space (exactly as long as it takes a horror to unmake someone, so shine it at something scary for best effect)
>>
File: the joykiller drawn.png (493 KB, 480x642) Image search: [Google]
the joykiller drawn.png
493 KB, 480x642
>>44134752
I was tired at the time and didn't want to come up with original Stands so I just took the Seventh Stand User quiz and ended up with The Joykiller. Axe that cuts through anything and rots whatever it cuts? Sure, why not.

I still don't know what Awakening would do to it. Any help?
>>
>>44135235
>>44135213
>>44135183
>>44135164

You do realise Babylon admitted in IRC he made that simply to be petty towards the thread right? There's a reason it's as nigh impossible as it is.
>>
>>44135360
dude, I tried to rip off love train for my stand as well and I got Shouted down.....
>>
>>44135416
Calling bullshit on that.
>>
>>44135360
>condemning other worlds to suffer your sins

Was South America not enough?
Was Shadowrun not enough?
>>
>>44135416
I know anon. But this thread has Babylon fanboys who refuse to believe anything bad about him (while also shitting on other jumpmakers like hypocrites), so they'll never believe the truth.
>>
>>44135479
>People like what I don't, ergo they are bad and wrong!
>>
>>44135514
I like his jumps, but that does not make him a perfect person who is immune to criticism.
>>
>>44135424
I was told that as long as it asent king crimson made in heaven d4c or golden requim were off limits but most of the others were ok I don't know about c moon though but if you take white snake you could evolve it a different way
>>
>>44135564
Mine was actually much more limited Than the original version since it could only affect harm rather than on misfortune and only in a 3 yard area, But apparently Was still too much...

I mean step one have Your stand grapple My stand Step two move me 3 yards away, step three kill me.
>>
>>44135637
>Mine was actually much more limited
Ahahahah- No. Not with how you were waxing on about it.
>>
>>44135416
>You do realise Babylon admitted in IRC he made that simply to be petty towards the thread right?
But why?
>>
>>44135424
To what extent could you move injuries. I didn't even think of love train when making it, I just wanted to find a way to negate anti-healing based attacks. I had to pay out the ass JUST to make it be able to move physical injuries too and from organics THEN have that upgrade with time to being able to move between organic and non-organic. Then I had to develop that stand with the spin again just to be able to move dimensional injuries within the same plane/reality. I had to pay out the ass to have the POTENTIAL to do what I could with my stand.

>>44135469
The chance was really, really low. And only in settings where I already had nothing better to do and was mostly deserted like Minecraft and Terraria. The friendliness perks and whatnot is slowly changing it really. By the time we had our rematch I was even in size rather than slightly smaller than him. And after that I was bigger. It was turning into full on slug fests as he was one of the few things that could easily kill me at that point barring some exceptions. Besides I considered it a thought experiment of who I would fight anyway.

I kinda don't consider it canon. Just merely a possibility.
>>
>>44135662
You mean the proportional transfer of harm? yeah that might've been a bit much.

Breaking a man by breaking an egg and leaving the egg Undamaged Is probably unsporting,
>>
>>44135704
He's very angry that jumpers can be powerful. Often in really petty ways. He once got really pissy at Lycoris and a few other people in the IRC simply because Okami jump had a god option, weak as it was.
>>
>>44135704
At the time there was a large backlash towards powergaming in the whole jumpchain meta, and some people found the whole notion of minmaxing and taking jumps strictly for power a bit deplorable, so this was sort of a jab at it. A sort of "you want power? go die." jab.
>>
>>44135735
Ironic then, that he made something which requires so much wank when power levels are nothing BUT wank.
>>
>>44135416
Can someone from the illuminati confirm or deny this, please?
>>
>>44135724
Hey Fat Dragon. I'll get you a present for Xmas if you stop sitting on South America
>>
>>44135724
Transfer any amount of harm From anything in a 3 yard radius to anything else in a 3 yard radius proportionately,I Healed the God Emperor of mankind at the expense of a floor tile with it once.
>>
>>44135775
I cannot speak for the entire Illuminati, mostly because I was logged off at the time, but it's apparently one of those Things That Ruin Conversations to talk about. Like how you shouldn't bring up politics or religion at Thanksgiving.
>>
>>44134752
Here's my current set for this run.
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/12QI6MvAcUUxFnNuj0vhK733qmtItcxhhZMYYYRSlLms/mobilebasic
Decided to go with theme naming for the heck of it. From there looked up some songs and decided on abilities. Most weren't based on the song but mine was originally named Crazy My Beat before I realized that one of the Metal Gear songs fit it better. Now I just need to look out for suspicious cardboard boxes.
>>
>>44135704
I made it because the fights were pretty much leftovers. If I'd left them in like I was thinking originally there would have been the equivalent of two boss fights in part three of AoI.

Since I had a few pages of stuff typed up when the jump was finished and because a few people in irc were talking about how there weren't really a lot of challenges for really high end jumpers I thought 'why not?' and made one. It's optional, you don't need to take it, it's there for fun and for the challenge.
>>
>>44135830
Especially when your uncle is a priest.
>>
>>44135878
Someone already found a direct quotation from you admitting they were going to be mandatory at one point.
>>
>>44135878
say Babylon: when you said the tomb spider could build anything in Dawn of war, does that include the Forbidden archive and if so can we take the upgrades within?
>>
>>44135830
>politics or religion at Thanksgiving

...that's what my family does.
And we laugh at it.
>>
>>44135878
Alright. Thanks for chiming in.
>>
>>44135878
Okay so this is twice now you've told a different story to the thread compared to what you've told people in the IRC.
>>
>>44135975
That's the necron lords gear depository, yeah? in that case the answers the same as when you asked in chat, nope, sorry.

>>44135969
Yes, I just confirmed that.

> If I'd left them in like I was thinking originally there would have been the equivalent of two boss fights in part three of AoI.

I also just said why I removed them.
>>
>>44135878
Good to see you're as spineless as ever in owning up to your faults.
>>
>>44134324
I think there's an infinite library in Shivers.
>>
>>44136075
Yet, no answer to the fact that you made the CYOA impossible to anyone without 400 jump combos in your original draft.
>>
>>44136095
I'm staying the fuck out of this conversation and I hope Babylon anon has the sense to as well, because it's clearly not going anywhere sensible.

But I just wanted to say I find it ironic you're piping up about that when there was that other anon who tried to use B5 as a scapegoat for an excuse to rant about Red many threads ago.

Assuming you aren't the same person just fishing for acceptable targets.
>>
File: google.jpg (32 KB, 478x591) Image search: [Google]
google.jpg
32 KB, 478x591
>>44135397
>Used a stand generator
>It gave me a stand with this power
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Native_American_Deity_Physiology
>>
>>44136075
Nope ,I asked if it could make Several pieces of Elite gear,Not if it could build the tools to build the tools Sorry if I'm being semantic. But on the plus side those monoliths are pretty sweet.
>>
>>44136166
>powerlisting.wikia.com

What did you expect, something sensible?
>>
>>44136165
Except it was Babylon who threw the blame on a target he knew someone would latch on to so people wouldn't stop sucking his dick in thread.
>>
>>44136166
>powerlisting

Those...generally aren't a good idea il mio famiglio. I remember rolling up something called Omnikinesis and something else called Void Manipulation ages before discovering jumpchain
>>
>>44136075
I'm not sure if it's been asked before, but would you be able to make the Necron fortress move "faster" by using say, Topography Manipulation from Worm to make the space it has to travel shorter? What about locking it to a fast-moving object with Orbital Lock from the same jump?
>>
>>44136165
>fishing for targets
>it was Babylon who blamed Red and riled his little dog.
>>
Babylon,

I am sad.

Sad because breaking deadlight is the only way to get cultist chan, but doing so condemns the world to suck and all due to what is implied, and for other companions to die.

BUT SHE'S CUTE.

I DONT WANT TO BE BAD, I JUST WANT CULTIST CHAN
>>
File: baiton.png (35 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
baiton.png
35 KB, 800x600
>>44136216
>>44136267

Funny, that was pretty much the exact same thing the other guy was trying to say but in reverse.

I'm being an idiot and responding when it's clear you're not even baiting the hooks, so-shame on me, really.

>>44136232
I think Worm'd be a better person to ask for that, but I'd tentatively say yes to both given the canon orbital lock guy used his power to hold himself, an army of other capes and a few skyscrapers in orbit with a teleporting Endbringer
>>
>>44135778
SHUT UP I'M NOT FAT! I'M A FIT DRAGON! /FIT/!

>>44135797
Mine wasn't proportional The damage would fuck up something that couldn't handle the damage being transfered. Like transfering a mildly damaged egg to a human wouldn't hurt the human all that much. Perhaps mild pain at best. But vice versa would make the egg explode.

Forced me to do some cray shit to make it useful
>>
>>44136279
I still remember back in the good ol' days when initial reaction to Cultist Chan leaned more towards WHAT AN ANNOYANCE, ALAS ORIGINAL COMPANION: I KNEW YOU WELL.

The times, they are a changin'
>>
File: SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.jpg (87 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.jpg
87 KB, 500x363
>>44136279
Obligitory
>>
>>44136335
War has changed
>>
>>44135969
Going by the post he released it in he was originally considering it as the final boss but realized it would be best to cut it off into optional content on his own. You're stirring shit over an idea that never was implemented. This is just plain an amazing low. For reference here's the post:
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/40601990/#40606791
As for the Horror Mark I'd assume that while it might attract native eldritch beings Horrors don't exist in other settings.
>>
>>44136335
There're always Cultist-Chan fetishists, anon.

That and most deadlight breakers pick the Imperial Guardswoman to save CP so 'alas original companion' doesn't even go that far.
>>
>>44136373
It was never stated that he wanted to Waifu her.
Maybe he just wants to have her as a sister.
>>
>>44136379
But war never changes.
>>
>>44136196
>>44136222
I'm not sure WHY you guys thought I just went to the wiki and copied something down. I used a stand generator program and I wanted to remark at an odd result. That's all.
>>
>>44136418
Except when it changes.
>>
>>44136423
I'm just saying, you shouldn't have been surprised something like that tumbled out.
>>
>>44136373
S'truth, though.

>>44136410
Well, then things were definitely different back in the day I guess.

Can't argue with the Cultist-Chan fetishists, though I wish I could

>>44136423
Sorry if I'd seemed like I was blaming you; I was mostly speaking from personal experience at similar programs that relied on wikis to yield results.
>>
>>44136418
>>44136426
war, war is a punctuated Equilibrium.
>>
>>44136279
She's a fun character. I just liked the Imp Sororitas better than the Chaos ones, that was one of the big deciding factors for me.
>>
>>44136335
I think I was the first person to react to the cultist-chan idea before part 2 was even a thing.

My reaction was one of joy and excitement.
>>
>>44136222
To be fair, I can see both of those workings as non-OP Stand powers as long as you're willing to not give yourself infinite biggatons.

Omnikinesis is just Telekinesis with a flowery name and a possible technical difference in that the objects you control move by themselves rather than because you exert force once you remove the comic book power level wankery.

Void Manipulation depends on what interpretation you actually go with.
>>
>>44136410
>sacrificial imp. guard

So, just like canon then?
>>
>>44136469
Stop trying to be witty Bancho, it doesn't suit you at all.

>>44136497
Well, I believe "Omnikinesis" was shorthand for "manipulating everything in the universe". I believe Enrico Pucci was listed as an example.

As for Void Manipulation-well, that ran the gamut from the Cloud of Darkness to the Nothing from the Neverending Story so. Yeah.
>>
>>44136409
That he ever thought it would be acceptable highlights pretty well his stated standpoint in the past about hating powerful jumpers.
>>
>>44136531
Really? Most people why associate with IRL Do find Me witty.

>>The human test does not believe Pasta is a kind of bread.
>>
I know you.
>>
>>44136589
Pasta is not bread.
>>
File: laughingeveryone.jpg (230 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
laughingeveryone.jpg
230 KB, 1000x1000
>>44136578
>it's unforgivable to have bad ideas

Hey thought police, Big Brother called. He says 2+2=5

>>44136589
I'm not sure if you've noticed but literally nobody in these threads does.

>>44136605
If you're the guy from the CYOA thread, you still haven't told me who I am, and I still don't know who you are.

Are you as stoked as I am Thrallherd's back and updating stuff?
>>
>>44136589
Pasta isn't bread, numbnuts. It's made from the same variety of ingredients but the preparation forms are entirely different.
>>
>>44136531
I'll give that that's a reasonable interpretation of the ability, if a really high-end one.

...I don't really have anything else to add here.

Other than that all powers based on Nothingness and the Void are fucking awesome.
>>
>>44136605
Can I get a first name?
>>
>>44136653
I never liked Conduit all that much, though I don't hate it. So I'm not too invested. Not liking the Prison update in a few ways so far, which I've already voiced so meh. Also not happy about the three worlds he picked to update first, Prison, Rim, and Polyamora are probably the only worlds I actually hate instead of simply liking or disliking, which has probably done a lot to prevent any emotional investment.

Also pretty sure you're Anti-spiral.
>>
>>44136589
You sure they aren't just humoring you to try and get you to stop?

Because we sure don't find you witty. Or funny.
>>
>>44136690
And this week on Bancho's Blasphemous Blunders: Bancho accidentally brings a lasagne to a baking contest.

In unrelated news a recent lack of traumatising scandals has caused the show's ratings to plummet!

>>44136726
...and uh, what makes you think I'm a guy who apparently went to sleep hours ago?

>>44136722
I think he's talking to me, not you man.

>>44136700
Sorry, should've made that clear: It IS a VERY high end use of both the abilities. Even by Worm standards.

And suffice to say Season 11 of Supernatural have me sworn off void-associated powers for a good long while.
>>
>>44136780
Pretty sure he used that reaction image and at least used to make large posts with lots of thought out criticism of CYOAs. So you two are similar if you're not him.
>>
>>44136780
>And suffice to say Season 11 of Supernatural have me sworn off void-associated powers for a good long while.
Yup.

dat imaginary friend episode doe
>>
>>44136817
Here's one big difference I've noticed between those two:

ASA doesn't respond to Tera at all.
>>
>>44136726
I think those three need the most work, though, which is why I like that they're his first ones to fix.
>>
>>44136888
The basic premise just does not interest me at all so being fixed won't help them, to me. More power to everyone else, but I don't want elf waifus, a horrible prison hell, or mindless sex world.
>>
>>44136817
Huh. The good kind or the bad kind?

All i know is someone who likes to leave no spaces and no capital letters in his filenames does post in the CYOA thread sometimes, and I saved some of his images for funsies.

>>44136850
smart guy. I can't blame him after that one thread Tera tried to do potatoes

>>44136839
It's a great ride while it lasts but we all know it's going to end badly at best, assuming they don't greenlight a season 12 somehow
>>
>>44136933
Good kind. I like ASA.
>>
>>44136933
>It's a great ride while it lasts but we all know it's going to end badly at best, assuming they don't greenlight a season 12 somehow
I'd like to see them end on a high note, and it seems like they're setting themselves up for that with this season.
>>
>>44135397
>Took an online version of that quiz I found
>My result was literally Nothing
>As in, I got no stand
Welp
>>
So question.

Would Whitesnake as a stand be acceptable? As in, steal abilities or/and stands(OR STAND abilities) through disks? Or is that too powerful?

I have an idea for doing something similar with the stand being called Hybrid Theory

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_Theory
>>
>>44136780
Remember how my mysterious benefactor is" Miss producer"? Yeah my chain is A train wreck reality show is that wouldn't be a problem
>>
>>44136780
...shit man. How in the unholy fuck did a character so close to Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way make it into a real legitimate series?

Now I can't jump that until I'm certain I can kill her, or at least engineer her death, and both are gonna be a tall fucking order to say the least. Can't have someone like that cramping my style.
>>
>>44137031
Anon Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way is older than God and so old Death doesn't rememer her omfg so.

Good fucking luck with that. Seriously, you'll need it

>>44137020
Well, you're figuratively the idiot being shouted out of the kitchen by Gordan Ramsay so have fun with that m8
>>
>>44137031
Eh, she's not as bad as all that. Also, given that this is happening in S11 I doubt you'd encounter it during your jump.
>>
She is Canon Omni anon,And one of the protagonists Who have the plot armor and weaponry to defeat just about anything just got taken out of the picture. The writers really wrote themselves into a corner with that one. Maybe stop Dean before he kills death and Let's her out?
>>
>>44137009
white snake was accepted I don't know about the evolution thing though
>>
>>44136922
Fair enough. I think Rim is getting more focus on the "endless world of adventure and amazing environments", though, and hopefully Polyamora will be more interesting as well.
>>
>>44137118
If she was canon omni God & the archangels wouldn't have defeated her and the seal wouldn't have done jack shit. She's just a mary sue on a power trip.

>>44137009
As long as it can't evolve into Made in Heaven or anything on that scale, probably.
>>
>>44137193
She Was outmaneuvered remember? She has her brothers power, she doesn't have his skill Plus he had backup and she didn't.
>>
>>44137079
>Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way

I just googled this and there was a wiki and what the fuck is happening to my eyes
>>
>>44136978
Changed two answers and got Wildheart. Pretty meh punch ghost stand.
>>
>>44137280
Perhaps the same could be said of all Jumpers!
>>
>>44137220
Bancho, you don't "outmaneuver" a truly omnipotent being. They win.

Learn the difference between "incredibly powerful" and "omnipotent"
>>
>>44136780
>...and uh, what makes you think I'm a guy who apparently went to sleep hours ago?

That's a lot of knowledge of when someone went to sleep for someone who is not that person.

Also this:
>>44136850

could be as a result of trying to keep responding to tera a secret. Not like it's not embarrassing.
>>
>>44137193
wouldn't your white snake evolve differently?
>>
I don't want to talk about anon's White Snake desu
>>
>>44137328
The only way to beat her is to somehow break the fourth wall (Possibly using Diskworld Perks?) and tell the writers that they're a bunch of idiots and that the least they can do is let you distract her while you get in close enough to utilize the Anti-Q power from TNG and actually allow it to work.

That is literally the only way I can see it end well.
>>
>>44137328
not defending bancho but the actual definition of omnipotent is "a being capable of anything WITHIN the universe" therefor omnipotent really means jack shit all of those times we hear it said in stories because its however strong the writers want the person to be.
>>
>>44137328
So hypothetical question: two omnipotent Beings battle, Which one is the winner? the smart clever one With backup or the one who isn't as smart and clever Going it alone?

Since They are both Omni,It comes down to factors other than power.
>>
>>44137328
Eh, omnipotent doesn't mean omniscient. You can kill them in a way they don't expect, especially if they have ordinary human perception and reaction times. See Doctor Clef's guide to taking down Type Greens, for example.
>>
>>44137331
To be fair some other anon just announced ASA went to sleep earlier in the thread >>44133640

>could be as a result
>could

If you're the same guy trying to fish for acceptable targets in Red and Babylon, kindly go fuck yourself with a broken bottle.

>>44137401
>anything on that scale
>>
>>44137328
>>44137328
Nothing in Supernatural is anywhere close to omnipotent. The mere fact that the Darkness was defeated by God and his angels and that God could not do it alone disqualifies them both from being omnipotent. Likewise, Death couldn't dodge a fit human swinging a weapon at him, despite being supposedly equal or greater then God. Supernatural 'Gods' are just overselling themselves to an infintie degree.
>>
>>44137193
Nah, it would be Hybrid Theory Over Heaven... or some bullshit. Theory of Heaven?

I WANT TO SEE WHAT THE WORLD OVER HEAVEN DOES! 4 MORE DAYS TILL EYES OF HEAVEN ARE RELEASED IN JAPAN!
>>
>>44133858
I'd play it as Frank Underwood being the main American ally/backer of the wannabe French Ambassador.
>>
>>44137474
No, it doesn't you idiot.

You can't have two omnipotent beings. One's gonna be significantly more potent than the other if it's truly omnipotent.

That's what omnipotence means. Can do anything. Including resist having stuff done to it.

>>44137481
Type Greens aren't omnipotent though; an omnipotent could stop being dead if they didn't like it

>>44137492
>not Holy Diver

>>44137484
And this.
>>
>>44137538
Why? Haven't you ever seen a couple of kids getting into an argument over whether or not one kid shot the other one when they said bang? Both children have the same power, and word from Lucifer is that the darkness is as powerful as The creator God Of that universe.
>>
>>44137482
>If you're the same guy trying to fish for acceptable targets in Red and Babylon

I wasn't. Not sure where you'd get that really. I was just taking a pop at tera, it's not big or clever but it sure is easy.
>>
>>44137538
It is called "The World Over Heaven" sadly. But Holy Diver... you do realize that stuff on the back of The World look like the oxygen tanks that Divers have?
>>
>>44137331
Like I said, I don't browse jumpchain much and I don't know long filenames guy was a regular here. The fuck kind of proof d'you want, Holmes? To show you how much I don't know about most the stuff here that's not in my immediate interest?

>>44137421
But it's so cute~
>>
>>44137454
Just realized this might have been unclear, if something is impossible within the universe the being is withing, even an omnipotent being is incapable of it.
>>
>>44137538
They can't stop being dead once they are dead, though. Omnipotent doesn't mean anything if you don't use your powers, and an omnipotent being isn't necessarily smart enough to set an automatic self-resurrection field.
>>
>>44137589
>Both children have the same power,
Yes, fuck all.
>>
>>44137454
No, that's wrong. Omnipotent means having unlimited power. That's it. Not just within one universe or anything.
>>
>>44137538
Suggsverse says hi.
...joking aside. A being that can do anything still has to actually do something. They could make themselves all-knowing, but if they don't, they aren't. They could make it so dying will not actually kill them, but they still have to do it. Same principle here.
>>
>>44137594
In that case I apologise and suggest you be a bit more direct in rubbing Bancho's failures in his face. Try beating him over the head with his attempts at multiplayer, he always shuts down when someone tries that

>>44137595
I must've been blinded by the fabulousness of the rest of his Stand

>>44137589
Which just means neither of them are omnipotent
>>
>>44137482
I don't know what you mean ?
>>
>>44137620
In the Meta-context of their game of Cowboys and Indians they have an awful lot of power anon.
>>44137648
Okay let's go with this pre-assumption, there are no omnipotent forces in the world supernatural just very powerful beings, the darkness is As powerful as God who is so powerful his lesser servants curb stomp just about everything else,If these two Extremely powerful beings Get in a fight which is the winner?
>>
>>44137589
Because Omnipotent means you can do anything you want. If there are multiple people on that level they either aren't truly omnipotent due to limitations on affecting each other or their creations, or one is omnipotent and the other is merely extremely powerful.
>>
>>44137631
You are right about the omni- being all but the potent part means roughly Powerful OR Capable.
Thus it is capable of all possibilities within a universe. In our universe we do not know the limits of those capabilities and thus it means most anything, but in a fictional universe multiple omnipotent beings can exist due to the nature of simply being capable of doing anything within the universe. Again, writers use this word as a trick or do not understand it which has led to the common view of the word today.
>>
>>44137614
>>44137632
The problem here is you're both assuming they LOSE their powers upon death, that omnipotence can be lost if they die even if they have to "activate" it. If they can truly DO ANYTHING they ought to be able to fuck with causality 'n shit.

Look, just. Read Lucifer sometime to see what a real omnipotent looks like. It's not Luci by the way (who's much better than Supernatural's Lucifer in every respect), it's his dad.

>>44137675
I meant "doesn't evolve to the point where it's as powerful as White Snake" although it could of course have different powers
>>
>>44137714
>let's go with this presumption
>there are no omnipotent forces

Fucking thank you, that's what I've been trying to tell you all this time.

And the answer is: Whoever the fuck the writers want to, because you shouldn't take bad writing seriously
>>
>>44137714
The Darkness is canonically stronger because God needed the assistance of the Arch Angels.

>>44137725
Why are you still including 'within a universe' All and Powerful together make all powerful. There's nothing about "Only within this universe". If an all powerful being wishes to do something not possible within the universe, it can. That's what having unlimited power means.
>>
>>44137720
But they can affect Each other how they want, it's the whole "can God make a rock so heavy even He can't lift it?" Paradox.
>>44137765
>> And the answer is: Whoever the fuck the writers want to, because you shouldn't take bad writing seriously

Fucking thank you!
>>
>>44137725
Please just ignore the anon, people here can be REALLY stubborn in their stupidity. Dictionary doesn't mean anything to someone who is wrapped up in their preconceived notions.
>>
>>44137835
So Omnipotence, defined as unlimited power by every dictionary, is in fact not unlimited according to you? That's preeeeetty retarded anon.
>>
>>44137831
You're doing a thing where you're trying to pretend you aren't as stupid as you are. I was trying to drill this into your head as early as >>44137193 and >>44137538

This is one of many reasons why you're the maggoty dogshit of these threads, Tera
>>
>>44137738
It's not really a restriction on omnipotence to say the omnipotent being must choose to use its omnipotence. While they can always fuck causality, without omniscience they won't know to do so until they can no longer make choices.
>>
>>44137831
If one can be affected by the other that means he's not omnipotent because he can't block it. Meanwhile if they can't they're not omnipotent because there's something they can't do. Either way at least one isn't omnipotent.
>>
>>44137714
>In the Meta-context of their game of Cowboys and Indians they have an awful lot of power anon.
In the meta context of their game neither has any personal power at all, because they cannot enforce anything. Each is about as omnipotent as the average voter is.
>>
>>44137873
What is a restriction on omnipotence is the idea they can't recover somehow from anything, though. Which is my point.

>>44137892
Please don't try to use logic with Bancho. It's like trying to catch hot soup.
>>
>>44137782
The actual definition of power matters here, suffice it to say that it is how one views power. If power comes from within a universe, then having all the power of that universe means that one can only succeed in things that could already happen within that universe. You cannot make 1 watt = 2 watt, because any equation you would use to do it involves something else being on the side of the 1 watt for example.

In far simpler terms. Omni- means all. If I have all of the apples, I do not have infinite apples, I have all the already existing apples. Infinite power is what you are looking for. Yes this is technically a semantics argument, but that's how things go when the conversation is based on concepts like this.
>>
>>44137892
>Each is about as omnipotent as the average voter is.
Less, even, since the average voter doesn't have to worry about other voters retroactively changing their votes.
>>
>>44137931
You are quite literally trying to use the parts of a word to get a different meaning then what the word actually means. Every dictionary describes Omnipotence as Having Unlimited Power. That is what it means. This is a very simple idea man, an omnipotent being has infinite power and can do anything.
>>
>>44137931
Hey look, I found a dictionary

http://beta.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/omnipotent

>having complete or unlimited power
>unlimited
>as in, not limited by the universe

>>44137942
Well, officially anyway.
>>
>>44137909
They can recover from anything if they choose to - just like any use of omnipotence. They just can't make choices when they're dead, because they're dead.
>>
>>44137738
Would it be influenced by your personality or the way you ascend because evolved white snake and white snake awaken and requim are very different
>>
If KOTOR is around, are you still working on that OT SW jump? If so, how's it going?
>>
>>44138025
>they're dead

You don't understand.

A truly omnipotent being doesn't give a shit if it's dead or not.

It can do ANYTHING.

That's. That's what the damn word means.

>>44138034
Uh. Good question? If it is, it'd be in a pretty roundabout way, but probably not
>>
>>44137988
You just gave a sentence that is equally for what you're arguing and what you're arguing against.

Not only that, but the dictionary you linked itself has a second definition that goes against what you're using it as evidence for.
>>
>>44137981
>>44137988
>how you describe power matters
>dictionary definition of omnipotent
please reread. The purpose is that having infinite power does not mean being capable of anything, just anything that that power could accomplish. Minor distinctions that matter at this scale.
>>
>>44138117
Hoist by his own petard
>>
>>44138132
Fuck this, I give up.

If not omnipotent, what would you call a being that could accomplish both? DOUBLE omnipotent?
>>
>>44138132
No, that is not what being infinitely powerful means. Power is the ability or capacity to do something. Having unlimited power means you are capable or able to do anything because you are not limited in what you can do. Power does not have some arbitrary limiter like you seem to imagine, it's just the ability to do something.
>>
>>44138138
Go away tvtropes
>>
>>44138275
Never even been son, it's just a silly old saying I like to use sometimes.
>>
>>44137009
Whitesnake I'd say is probably a bit much, it wins if you can manage to tap the enemy's head, although the real problem is the Stand disks. Being able to collect Stands effectively means you're free to harvest a ton of them. A Stand that gives you the ability to harvest Stands for your companions to use is ridiculously potent, since instead of just having the one you can freely select the best ones for the operation. Basically being able to have a Stand that grants you a way to get a ton more Stands for your use seems highly imbalanced. Also straight up copying a canonical Stand is lazy and doesn't make sense with the nature of Stands. That's just my thoughts on the matter though, do as you will.
>>
So, uh. West Wing jump. For those of you who jumped there, how did you meet the goal of remaining a major political player for ten years, and what was the biggest concealed use of your powers that you got away with?
>>
>>44138220
All capable for one.
It just doesn't sound as fancy or sexy, so writers don't use it.
>this being is all capable
>this being is omnipotent
One of them just sounds more romantic so it gets used more, doesn't make it right.

>>44138250
Something within a function. Power does not exist within a vacuum, it is the ability to act upon something.
>>
>>44138290
Oh.

Hard to tell, these days.

Fuck, I don't even know how we ended up getting this argument this far. It's. It's all so fucking stupid, and I hate to admit it but it's not only because Bancho got involved.
>>
>>44138350
I've been mostly ignoring it so don't ask me. I'm just reading about France deciding the French are not a thing.
>>
>>44138335
I got oked on white snake I was gonna be a filthy king crimson but I asked and no dice
>>
>>44136740
actually I really like bancho he's charming and brings flavor to these threads, I hope he keeps posting for many more months
>>
>>44138344
Yes, power is the ability to act, but it is not some force that has laws or limits. It's just describing an action or ability. Unlimited means it has no limits, something you seem unable to comprehend, as unlimited power is power without limits. Stop applying limits to words that have no such thing.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.