[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: Varanguard vs grot.jpg (328 KB, 1536x916) Image search: [Google]
Varanguard vs grot.jpg
328 KB, 1536x916
Art of the grot edition

No new about gnoblar yet, since a writer confirmd that gargant become a independent faction.

>>resources
pastebin.com/9JtJviaU
>>
>>44128538
So, who won in the picture?
>>
>>44128898
Archaon. He destroyed the Spider Empire.
>>
>>44126439
Except carnac doesn't share what he buys, and other anons, like me, actually share what we buy. We shit on carnac because he's an idiot.

This right here >>44128458 is carnacs thread. Please ignore it and him.

This thread I am posting in is the true general.
>>
File: Spider-anatomy-e1298403367401.jpg (78 KB, 550x640) Image search: [Google]
Spider-anatomy-e1298403367401.jpg
78 KB, 550x640
>>44128996
>He destroyed the Spider Empire.
The Spider Empire will rise again. Our new breed of super spiders will defeat Chaos.
>>
>>44129139
>This right here >>44128458 → is carnacs thread.

It's not, I just made it because there was no general.
>>
The pic of Archaon's mount ripping the head off an Orc wyvern was pretty savage. The goblin pic just looks sad.
>>
>>44129139
Actually, I shared the campaign books and the Bloodbound books. As an experiment I didn't share the Stormcast and Seraph books. The Stormcast battletime took about a month and half until someone uploaded it. The Seraph book has yet to be uploaded.

I might upload the Archaon book but....
>>
what's the best way to equip chaos knights?
>>
>>44129346
Fucking upload it dammit.
>>
>>44129346
Well, thanks for those then, it would be nice to have a complete source of books though
>>
>>44129346
Do eeeeeet
>>
>>44129346
Thanks for your contributions.
>>
>>44129980
The thing is...this book was made with so much love that I would feel guilty to share it. I would feel like a prick who stabbed his best friend.

Plus I am at work so It will take at least three hours for me to get free to upload the thing. So wait while I resolve my moral dilemma and finished up here. If it isn't uploaded by a generous anon by then we will see what happens.
>>
>>44128538
so those are chaos horses right? i wonder if they run any better without hooves
>>
>>44129852
Encorselled weapons. The glaives are good on the charge, but a) you are the one sometimes getting charged, and b) you are not always charging
>>
>>44130180
Fuck morality. Stab your friend in the back, feast upon his flesh, and chant praises to the Dark Gods in his passing.
>>
>>44130549
this, the true and loyal path to chaos inevitably leads to fighting your patrons and allies
>>
>>44130549
>>44130977
Nope, Archaon expects obedience.
This is made plain in the Battletome.
>>
>>44131034
if we had the book we would have known it.
>>
>>44131135
Well you know now.
>>
File: 1405353380360.png (324 KB, 650x710) Image search: [Google]
1405353380360.png
324 KB, 650x710
>>44130141
>>44129980
>>44129930
>>44129882

>everyone likes carnac all of a sudden
>>
>>44131199
nah, only if he put up the books

until then, he's a whiny faggot
>>
>>44131199
Carnac has become the center of the wheel of the Age of Sigmar.
>>
>>44128538
Age Of Sigmar? More like Age Of Archaon. Archaon at this point is by far the most powerful character in Warhammer above the Emperor and Horus with Chaos God gifts in 40k.
>>
File: A sign of Carnac.jpg (67 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
A sign of Carnac.jpg
67 KB, 625x626
>>44131334
You are not Carnac, and please don't act like him unless you want to damn yourself. I on the other hand need a new bait fish picture like this. Preferably with Archaon instead of Be'lakor on the line.
>>
File: Archaon_on_Dorghar.jpg (66 KB, 342x507) Image search: [Google]
Archaon_on_Dorghar.jpg
66 KB, 342x507
>>44131334
The author of the Archaon novels (who happens to be a HH writers as well) already said that Archaon can defeat the Primarchs.

>As well as your Archaon novels, you're also known amongst Black Library readers for your Horus Heresy fiction. But who would win in a fight between Archaon and a primarch?

>"Going to upset some folks either way on this one! I think it has to be Archaon. Think about it this way. All of the traitor primarchs were primarchs like their loyalist brothers before they turned to Chaos – and yet they still turned. They were the princes of the galaxy, the generals of colossal armies and the product of genetic engineering that bestowed upon them incredible gifts and abilities. Yet still about half of them turned to the Ruinous Powers. As the Everchosen of the Chaos gods, Archaon is ruin incarnate. He is chosen of all Chaos, not a single power like many of the favoured traitor primarchs"

>http://www.blacklibrary.com/new-at-bl/interview-with-author-of-archaon-lord-of-chaos.html

Archaon STRONK!
>>
File: Belakor.jpg (317 KB, 1024x1418) Image search: [Google]
Belakor.jpg
317 KB, 1024x1418
>>44131389
I want Be'lakor to come back and kick some ass!
Archaon can't have all the fun!!
>>
>>44131433
Carnac, if it makes you feel any better I like to think Be'lakor's mooching off Archaon and bumming around on Archaon's couch.
>>
>>44131472
No one is allowed to sit on Archaon's couch.
Even Archaon has never sat on it.
>>
>>44131509
Why would Be'lakor care? He's probably making Archaon's bills go sky high while running some sort of Chaos gossip magazine.
>>
I'm an orderfag and I'm really not bothered by the archaon hype. GW is predictable in their writing, the pendulum always swings hither and thither. When AoS began, it was Sigmar hype with the stormcast eternals and seraphon. The pendulum swung hither.

Now we are back on archaon dominance. The pendulum has swung thither. They need to build him up as the ultimate villain of AoS, which is fitting. The setting does need one to be compelling.

I don't think anything will lead toward another archaon total victory like the end times. GW is dedicated to this game. Old warhammer was not sustainable so they used archaon to end it so they could usher in a new game. What better way to hype up the new villain by making him responsible for the death of the old world?

I also don't think the pendulum would swing so far the other way as to kill archaon. They've built him up too much and gave him a new centerpiece model. He's here to stay. He may get beaten back or stopped a few times, but not completely destroyed.

That's my take on it and all. You can agree or disagree. But as I've been saying, look at the new warhammer story as a pendulum. GW knows since they want to do a progressing story they can't have the pendulum stop mid-swing like with 40k. They have to give it motion.
>>
>>44131576
There's literally a segment from the future where Archaon destroys everything and wins over everyone like the End Times.
>>
>>44131603
It's classic storytelling. You put in a prophesy to end it all so it seems like the heroes have no hope. Again, I'm not worried.

The end times for the old world was an exception to this. GW has been wanting to start a new story, and they had to end the old world to do it.

All in all it makes for and exciting story.
>>
File: Unamused Dio.jpg (329 KB, 969x900) Image search: [Google]
Unamused Dio.jpg
329 KB, 969x900
>>44131603
>mfw
Well then everything is boring now.
>>
>>44131576
Just FYI, Archaon saw into the future after the destruction of the old world. Everything he saw came to pass (Coming of the Stormcast, the Breaking of the Nine, the battle at the nexus of realities, etc). Only one of his visions has yet to come to pass. In it he saw himself fighting Sigmar and destroying him. Then he claimed Sigmar's hammer for himself.

Take from it what you will.
>>
>>44131690
Oh I know, see >>44131673
>>
File: archy.png (1 MB, 640x732) Image search: [Google]
archy.png
1 MB, 640x732
>>44131034
Carnac, my loyal herald, it is I! The Thirsting Predator! the Dark Redeemer! The Chosen One! The Dark Shadow of Chaos! The Worlds Razor! The Dark Beast! The Lord of Chaos! The Destroyer of Worlds! The Lord of the End Times! The Exalted Grand Marshal of the Apocalypse!The Three Eyed King! The Everchosen! ARCHAON!
I command you to erect a monument to my glory as a testament to the foolish ones who still cower in the belief to oppose ME!
Upload the book and you shall see the end of all at my side!
>>
What I find funny that even in Archaon's vision of the future, Slaanesh was no where to be seen.

I think it's confirmation that Slaanesh will never be found.
>>
>>44131389

But he's right. Archaon in the biggest Gary Stu in history now. At this point it feels like this shit was written by a 12 year old autist.
>>
>>44131759
>funny
that's a strange to say sad
>>
>>44131783
So Carnac is a writer for GW or GW knows about Carnac and is using him a tool to harvest rage and despair from us to complete a dark ritual?
>>
>>44131831
or the universe is uncaring to the point such things happen for pure chance.
>>
>/aosg/
>everyone here is a massive fag gargling Carnac's cock for free shit

Seems about right.
>>
>>44131389
aww shit someone saved and loves my bait picture. i'm slightly interested so i might do your request
>>
>>44131199
>>44131891
same fag is obvious
>>
>>44131862
Nah, the ritual thing is more likely. All this is for Tom Kirby to become an Undivided Daemon Prince. GW might seem to love Khorne with all of the Khorne things they put out, but they do that to appease Khorne since they're not actively killing and offering blood and skulls. By excessively putting out Khorne crap they appease Slaanesh with their high prices. They make us hope that our factions will do better or will get some cool old things they had in older editions to appease Tzeentch, and then they dash our hopes to appease Nurgle.
>>44131903
Thanks, Anon. Please do it.
>>
>>44131953
>All this is for Tom Kirby to become an Undivided Daemon Prince.

Only Be'lakor gets to be the Undivided Prince.

Does anyone want to hear my latest theories on Be'lakor?
>>
>>44131673
I hope this is true. Yesterday in the last thread I said I was gonna roll Khorne Bloodbound. But even though they have some of the coolest melee combat mechanics GW has made, after all the Archaon reading I have done yesterday and today both Old World and AoS I really don't wanna run Chaos because I don't wanna be Archaon's bitch nor do I want to be the big OP faction fluffwise.

Who do you guys think will be the unlikely underdog heroes in all this? THAT's who I wanna play now. The guys who aren't super mega powerful and know that there isn't much hope for them, but still they'll use EVERYTHING in their power to try to make it through.
>>
>>44132053
Tom Kirby is Be'lakor.
>>
>>44132106
>The guys who aren't super mega powerful and know that there isn't much hope for them, but still they'll use EVERYTHING in their power to try to make it through.

Duradin, probably.
>>
>>44132192
Good idea...but there are voices in my head...voices telling me I should get Archaon and build am Everchosen army. This isn't even fair I don't even want to like Archaon's Mary sue ass...but shit this Archaon book is really making his shit sound cool. Like the more excerpts I am reading from it the more I am falling in love with Archaon. Guys I think GW finally figured how to make a boring Mary Sue awesome.
>>
>>44132385
Archaon is just powerful, not a mary sue.

The anti-Chaosfags are just unpleasable.
If the Chaos villain fails then he is a failure for all time.
>Archaon pre-End Times, Abaddon now
If the Chaos villain wins then he is a boring mary sue
>Archaon now, Be'lakor during the era of Be'lakor posting.

This does not translate to other villains though, just Chaos ones.
I do not understand what triggers these people so much about Chaos.
>>
Age of Carnac General?

Age of Carnac General!
>>
>>44132192

god you don't even know the right made-up shit name to shill

it's DUARDIN, the manager's kid worked pretty hard with his scrabble letters to come up with it, don't butcher such a fitting and cool name
>>
>>44132538
>If the villain fails then he is a failure for all time.
I'm still baffled by the idea of someone thinking this unironically.
or by people thinking people unironically think what they write when trolling.

I bet it is the same people who pretend settings must move.
>>
>>44132612
it means dispossessed in the warhammer fantasy dwarven lore.

orruks and ogors, now those are plain stupid.
or aelf, might as well call them eldar too, or change all instances of man, men and human with homo in the idiotic hope to claim copyright.
>>
>>44131394
Remind me when Archaon moves at supersonic speeds or is stronger than a titan.
>>
>>44132734
Well he is a universe buster at this point, so yeah he's above a Titan.
>>
Can anyone post the whole book please? All the art and word excerpts I have honestly fallen in love with. I don't even care if Archaon's a mary sue they just pulled it off so well from what I have seen so far.
>>
>>44131743
I hear and obey, my liege

Tablet verserion : http://www.mediafire.com/download/48zdcy4wef9rrui/The_Nevermore.epub

It's going up for one hour and then its going down. Hurry and get it while you can.
>>
>>44131743
>>44133269

Confirmed as working, thanks Carnac, thanks anon willing to cyber with Carnac.
>>
Age of Sigmar is already like 6(?) months old and there is barely any fluff for armies other than sigmarines and chaos.
this is getting completely ridiculous, how do they expect anyone to play other armies when they don't even know anything about them.
>>
>>44134156
It's all being done in order. So in the first book (Mighty Battles In An Age Of Unending War) they say that Chaos is on the winning side of absolutely everything. This is why they have been doing A LOT of Chaos stuff. But then the Sigmar makes the Stormcast Eternals who actually start fighting back and kick Chaos' ass. Then it's said that as Stormcast start kicking more ass, the other races/factions start joining in and kicking ass, too. It's called Age Of Sigmar because Sigmar jumpstarts the whole thing with making Stormcasts to deal with this absurd Chaos threat. Now that we got the Stormcast and Chaos down, everyone else is gonna join. Nagash and the undead have also joined back in with Nagash having gotten back quite a bit of his realm from Chaos. Same with Seraphon/Lizardmen. Duardin/Fyreslayers may be next up.
>>
>>44134156
>Age of Sigmar is already like 6(?) months old and there is barely any fluff for armies other than sigmarines and chaos.

It took many years for factions to get their fluff in Fantasy.
So simmer down. Six months is nothing and we've had little bits about other armies, the only ones who are actually mysterious are the Elves.
>>
File: hands up.png (3 MB, 964x1736) Image search: [Google]
hands up.png
3 MB, 964x1736
>>44133269
You've served me well, herald, but the road for MY destiny is still to be conquered in its full glory: each step marking MY conquests, each sparking light but stirring MY shadows further and further; there're still weaklings who hide and stalk, feeling safe, feeling superior, the FOLLY! Mere shadows of their former selves and blind to the incoming fall! ignorance steers ignorance and the masses are deceived from the blinding darkness of MY advance.
This is an affront to MY truth that cannot be!

Stir up MY banner! up! over the clouds where they lie! expose their weakness! and show the futility of their so called victories to the careless hunger of the void!
Claim MY dominion over all ages, complete the depiction of MY will over all!
Every angle of the worlds is MINE to reach, so must be the fleeble fires of the heavens!

Cast the fools out the skies!
And this will be MY age, may it be clear everywhere and forever!
>>
So here's what I am planning for an army of a Grand Legion Of The Everchosen. I'll first get the Chaos Overlords which is Archaon, 3 Varanguard, and a Gaunt Summoner.

Then Imma trade some 30k/40k stuff of mine for Tzeentch daemons which will be with the Tzeentchian part of the army.

Then over the entire next year I'll be getting:

Khorne Bloodbound's Skullreapers and a Bloodsecrator maybe a unit of Blood Warriors, too to represent Khorne.

Pestilens Skaven to represent both Nurgle and The Great Horned Rat since I don't think Archaon likes TGHR a lot so it wouldn't make sense to have a section of the army just dedicated to him.

And then idk what to do for Slaanesh. Beastmen are the only guys I haven't covered of the Grand Legion so probably them once their rules and shit come out. But Beastmen are in a weird place right now getting their shit kicked in by Chaos so idk if they'll still be Chaos. Maybe a Pleasurebound Warband? But I already have Chaos warriors in the Bloodnound guys. Or maybe nothing for Slaanesh since he is missing? Or maybe still use Beastmen since even if they can't take a Mark of Slaanesh it makes sense cuz Slaanesh isn't there to give them Marks.
>>
>>44134156
They don't care if you play the other armies. They're going to release the fluff when they release new models. Remember the models are what they actually make money from. So it only makes sense to do that. They're obviously focusing only one or two armies at a time, so they can maximise hype and promotion.
>>
>>44134834
do not let the need for simmetry to stop you, take what you like, reasons come later
>>
>>44134834
>Pestilens Skaven to represent both Nurgle and The Great Horned Rat since I don't think Archaon likes TGHR a lot so it wouldn't make sense to have a section of the army just dedicated to him.

In Call of Archaon it was shown that at Archaon's side there was a Verminlord Corrupter. Archaon takes everyone from Chaos into his armies. His only conditions is that they prove themselves worthy and renounce their loyalties to their gods and knee before him alone.
>>
>>44134965
kneel*
>>
>>44134955
True. Besides I should probably just worry about the Overlords and Tzeentch Daemons right now the rest is all gonna happen next year.

>>44134965
True shit. All the more reason for a Verminlord and some other Pestilens guys.
>>
So are Pestilens purely Nurgle faction now? I like it better if they are on the side of Great Horned Rat.
>>
>>44136915
They are still skaven, under the horned rat, they just happen to have the Nurgle keyword now. They're Nurgle allies, but still skaven.
>>
>>44136915
Nah it seems to be an alliance between Nurgle and TGHR
>>
>>44136955
Cool, because the fluff I got for my own skaven doesn't include Papa Nurgle
>>
>>44136915
great horny rat is close bud with nurgle

to the point he dwells in his basement
>>
>>44132106
>Who do you guys think will be the unlikely underdog heroes in all this?
Dwarfs. Always dwarfs.
>>
File: overlords of chaos.png (46 KB, 719x597) Image search: [Google]
overlords of chaos.png
46 KB, 719x597
Posting the battalions
>>
File: bloodmarked.png (41 KB, 689x512) Image search: [Google]
bloodmarked.png
41 KB, 689x512
>>
File: plaguetouched.png (43 KB, 682x524) Image search: [Google]
plaguetouched.png
43 KB, 682x524
>>
File: fatesworn.png (41 KB, 699x527) Image search: [Google]
fatesworn.png
41 KB, 699x527
My favourite, but then again Tzeentch is best god
>>
File: pleasurebound.png (39 KB, 694x507) Image search: [Google]
pleasurebound.png
39 KB, 694x507
>>
File: grand host.png (45 KB, 677x586) Image search: [Google]
grand host.png
45 KB, 677x586
And the final one
>>
>>44138104
>>44138235
Holy shit these are awesome. Tzeentch being the best God as usual whether it's through one of his Gaunt Summoners or his Fatesworn.
>>
>>44138409
I think the Slaanesh one looks interesting as well, it'll be nice seeing how the pile in ability works out
>>
>>44134156
Maybe a little thing called imagination.
>>
>>44138528
True. The only one I ain't a big fan of is Bloodmarked; you might as well play Khorne Bloodbound. Not bad at all though otherwise.
>>
So I'm moving in about two and a half months, across country, what's the best way tot ransport my models?

I don't have a massive amount, just the age of sigmar starter kit and a squad of chaos daemons.
>>
>>44139406
Wrap them in paper towels.
>>
>>44131199
>>44131891
free shit is free shit, why you mad?
>>
>>44130392

They actually appeared to be mixed going by the models, some still have hooves while others have two legs with claws and two with hooves.

>>44132724

Aelf is supposedly an old spelling for elf.
>>
Can anybody with the everchosen book confirm if that faction only has 3 units? Aren't the chaos warriors under this everchosen battletome?
>>
>>44132106
SETTRA THE IMPERISHABLE
look up hisfluff for endtimes
>>
>>44143575
Only archaon, varanguard and gaunt summoner
But other units are required for the formations, so basically this is not an army in the conventional sense, but a sort of expansion or base to add chaos warscrolls downloadable online
>>
>>44146517
Thanks a lot!
>>
>>44138235
I got a problem, the battalion required 1 Hero + 9 units. RAW, Hero is a unit on his own, so 1+9 wizards can fulfill it, then we have 20 arcane bolt every turn!!! Actually, not as great as it sounds, but freaking cool.
>>
>>44143333
>Aelf is supposedly an old spelling for elf.

then they fucked it up bc cant copyright it either

be prepared the aelfs renamed to ealfols
>>
>>44143333
>Aelf is supposedly an old spelling for elf.
That's why I made the comparison with homo, it's an already existing but stupid sounding name you are trying to copyright.
>>
>>44128538
so i dropped fantasy/40k for a few years, recently after doing some cleaning i found all my models. deciding to get back into it since all my paints amazingly survived without drying out at all, i go onto GW's website to see what new models are out and saw it has completely bloody changed.

can someone give a bit of story filler as to why its now Age of Sigmar and explain the scions ive been out way to long and dont know what the fuck is going on, even pointing me in a direction to read up will be helpful as fuck.

>Celestant Prime is mint so he's up first to paint
>>
>>44147416
okay dont worry, reading through the pastebin now

to change the question slightly how did everyone feel about the whole change they did?
>>
>Old Warhammer fan.
>Haven't played a game in years, but still enjoy some of the old stories.
>Hear about Age of Sigmar.
>Lot of Grognards getting butthurt, but I'm willing to give it a chance.
>Read the End of Times series. A little bit of a push for me. Some poor writing and poorly executed ideas, but over all was a fun read. Not what I enjoyed out of Warhammer, but I can understand the appeal.
>Start reading up on Age of Sigmar.
>Elves are Aelfs.
>Huh? Okay, fair enough, new setting I can pay that.
>Ogres are Ogors now.
>Seriously?
>Zombies and Skeletons are Deathwalkers and Deathrattlers.

Nah. I'm all good.

I'mma go back and enjoy Drachenfels.
>>
>>44146805
>>44146890

Maybe the point isn't to copyright, but to try and make AoS distinct.

It has been pointed out numerous times before, but they could have gone with names such as Asur, Druchii, Asrai, Dawi, etc, if all they were concerned about was copyright.
>>
>>44147425
Summary by a kind anon.

It all depends.
All you will ever get from /tg/ is a bunch of personal opinions of people getting their favorite hobby ripped from them after decades of spending time and money on it.

Some people adapt, and chose to go with the flow. And some people simply refuse to let go. Most of the time though, you will see the internet hate for GW and all its products has grown even larger with the start of AoS.
And as always, there isn't much of a thinking process behind the haters, they don't need to. Anyone spending 20+ years on a hobby that goes down the shitter has a right to be angry. I was angry to at first!

Now, back to the question at hand. Is it wroth spending money on?
Well, what are you looking for? If you're looking for a hobby which has the miniatures in its focus, where the goal of the game isn't to net-list you're WAAC gameplay to fit the local meta, but instead to simply field cool models you have painted to the best of you're ability. Then AoS is for you. Its that simple, if you know you will be spending 80-90% of the hobby in you're hobby room painting, and like the esthetics of the latest GW releases, you will have a blast with AoS! If you enjoy putting together custom scenarios where the goal of the game isn't who wins, but to enjoy the time spent playing, then again AoS is for you. If you're tired of gaming board games where you field ugly models because they are the better option, and simply want to have fun with friends, yes you know it, AoS is for you!

But... If you want to spend you're nights building cool army lists, discussing the usage and tactics of units, feel the adrenaline pump when you see you're up for a win, go to local tournaments, join you're local gaming club for weekly games... Then AoS isn't for you!
>>
>>44147425
Anger for the loss of a loved setting.
Sorrow for the way it went down.
Pity for the way it was replaced with apparently nothing and not!space marines.
The age of sigmar brings new possibilities and complete freedom fluffwise and modelwise and the sometimes absurd constrictions of the previous editions in terms of entry cost, giving more importance to more high fantasy and exaggerated themes, narratives and "your dudes", more than how it was usually used to do due to respectively the limits of an already rich, and so limited, setting and the influence of a sovereign competitive scene which is barely supported by the rule set that many, myself included, consider fallacious due to it being very rules light, especially in terms of army composition, limitations.

As someone who more than once criticized and still doesn't support the age of sigmar as heir of warhammer fantasy, the best possible way to approach all this is to separate it from the old setting: It is a new thing, the point of the rule set is likely different, the fluff itself is divisive but a few aesthetics, names and themes.
Treat it as different as 40k is to fantasy and the anger, sorrow and pity doesn't really touch it.
Warhammer fantasy is there, untouched, with its rules, fluff and own homerules and projects.

The real variable, at that point, is only how you will want to approach the rules and their many homebrews and ways to be used.
>>
>>44147469
DEATHRATTLES fucking owns hth

u have entered... THE BONE ZONE
>>
File: RATTLEMEBONES.jpg (12 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
RATTLEMEBONES.jpg
12 KB, 199x253
>>44147819
>DON'T RATTLE ME BONES
>>
>>44147617
Despite quite a few typos and grammatical errors, this is a very well thought out post with a lot of insight to it.
>>
To be fair, the rules from Warhammer Fantasy still exist, you still have the models. Nothing has been taken from you. You can still spend the rest of your life playing your beloved Warhammer.
>>
The most important thing is this - are there any qts in AoS?
>>
>>44147469
You wanna know why they did this?

Too bad I'm gonna tell you.

They changed all the races to these stupid fucking names because they discovered they couldn't sue the shit out of people for using "Elves". That's it. That's the reason.

GW faggotry as usual.
>>
>>44147653
>>44147617
Nice write up, thankfully ive mostly been a painter of cool models only joining in battles since mates also played (also stopped too) so ive got plenty on line and rank to sell for some new stuff.

Honestly pretty angry for the massive tableflip of what the fantasy universe was all about, but yeah excited for the new design of models to come out
>>
>>44131394

Abaddon defeated all the Traitor Primarchs so makes sense. Now can Archaon defeat Abaddon?
>>
>>44147865

More like they were tired of having to defend their copyright at the drop of my hat.

But again, this might not have as much to do with copyright has people think since there already existed terms which they could use for various armies.
>>
>>44147865
That doesn't make any sense at all. When Warhammer started, there'd already been about half a century of Fantasy stuff written since LotR. It was itself just another brick in the wall of Tolkien-inspired fiction. The idea of suing other for using those basic words was never on the cards. I think people are coming at this from too much of an odd, American point of view.

What it does seem to reflect is a general trend in Fantasy to move away from the incredibly hackneyed and homogeneous terms like "elves", "dwarves" and so on. You see similar things in other genres, like how in most zombie stories now, they try to avoid using "the Z word" or if they do, they say "I can't believe I'm saying this word but... these are zombies!!!" There was that thing in Man of Steel about not wanting to say Superman, and that little gag during the interview.

Look at Guild Wars with "sylvani" rather than "elves", look at GoT with its "white walkers", looks at TES with "mer" rather than "elves", "dwemer" for "dwarves". Look at Kingdoms of Amalur with "ljosalfar" for elves, "almain" for humans. It's just stepping away from the incredibly generic and bland sounding terms that have been rapidly spreading like a virus since the first wave of Tolkien copiers and have got to the point now where it just sounds silly (e.g. why would the dwarves call themselves dwarves?) and really loses the mystery and romanticism that would have been there to begin with.
>>
>>44147865

That doesn't make sense. Druchii, Dawi, Asrai...

They had unique names previously. This logic doesn't hold up.
>>
>>44147954
>>44147950
>>44147941
>>44147865

I'd suggest that a strong reason why they are using new names is just to build a new aesthetic and personality for each race.

If you say 'Dwarf' or 'High Elf' or 'Zombie', you automatically conjure a set image. Dwarfs are short fuckers that live in the mountains. High Elves have their head up their arses and believe they know better because they were the first race.

Doesn't matter what setting they're in, those are immediate knee jerk reactions to the names.

When you take a step back and start using Druchii and Dawi, you move away from some of those but then you're left with the Warhammer left overs.

These new names mean an entirely new slate.

Honestly, I think the best way to look at AoS is as an entity completely separate from Warhammer Fantasy the same way 40k is separate. Similarities and some coincidences, but discrete elements in their own right.
>>
>>44147976
Yeah, I agree. It's also more appealing that "oh boy, here we go again with elves, dwarves and all that tired old stuff..." As I said in my post above yours, that's the way a lot of fantasy seems to be going and has been for a good while now. I actually prefer it that way, personally. It should all sound strange, unusual... fantastical. Not incredibly familiar and mundane.
>>
>>44147897
WHFB Archaon? 60/40 for the favour of Archaon

AoS Archaon? Not a chance.
>>
>>44148016
Not a chance for Abaddon*
>>
>>44133269
You also have the Seraphon one?
>>
>>44147950

Technically Dwemer are elves, but they are the Dwarf equivalent in TES.

>>44147976

Yeah, they could have used the old names if it was a case of a quick change, but coming up with entirely new names seems to be them trying to convey a break with Fantasy.
>>
With GeeDubs killing of the WFB setting to launch AoS, I'm reminded of Stephen King's Dark Tower series.

Having a brand new Big Bad that he only just introduced to the setting kill off his long time established Big Bad of Randall Flagg, just to make the new guy look that much more badass.

It's a cheap ploy. It can impressive when done well, but this just rings of a cheap popularity boost through notoriety.

Think about it - how big would AoS be if WHB was still a thing?

Sure, people would still be interested and it would definitely be getting a look - but having it 'kill off' the established setting gives it instant publicity.

Just a thought.
>>
File: Mannslieb_and_Morrslieb.jpg (24 KB, 187x187) Image search: [Google]
Mannslieb_and_Morrslieb.jpg
24 KB, 187x187
>>44147976
>Similarities and some coincidences, but discrete elements in their own right.
for some time I've wondered about what if the age of sigmar was introduced without the old names, the link to the old setting and without the end times being explored

like it starts with this glowing man who doesn't remeber who he is attached to a giant fiery rock and a strangely familiar weapon, he finds nagash, gorkamorka, the elven and the dwarfen gods, they may remeber sigmar but they don't speak much of what was before save sparing sarcasting hints, then you get the chaotics full of themselves for a destruction none really remebers or want to believe in
then everything else happens as it has been until now: stormcast, space dinosaurs, allpoints and so on

with the only exception that the fanbase is left with the old world at the beginning of the apocalypse and the new world, with archaon and the chaotics suggesting shit went really down with the end times, but none really know exactly how, even leaving the space for the age of sigmar to have sorts of quests to rediscover these old pieces of what was

but history is not made of "what if"s and I don't believe this would have been better from a marketing pov considering the sales of the end times
>>
>>44148317
>but history is not made of "what if"s and I don't believe this would have been better from a marketing pov considering the sales of the end times

Well put. I'm working on a campaign for my group that plays both sides of the End of Times, with players taking the roles of characters who survive to the new setting and game play jumping back and forth from the Old World to the new.

The core idea is going to be that they are trying to undue the End Times and will slowly realise that what they're experiencing aren't flashbacks, but visions of a possible future.
>>
File: protect.jpg (45 KB, 373x333) Image search: [Google]
protect.jpg
45 KB, 373x333
>>44148351
wait, I got lost, do they think the things in the age of sigmar are the flashbacks or the end times'?

anyway, you know you have to put this somewhere
save the cheerleader
save the world
>>
>>44148399

The aim is for them to think that they are playing in the Age of Sigmar, with flashbacks back to the Warhammer/End Times setting as 'character development' pieces.

Like, they'll be playing mid-level characters in a AoS scenario, but afterwards have to explain how they met, ect ect.

The aim is for it to be a slow creep with a massive reveal when something big - like say a NPC dying in the past/losing a limb - causes their "present" to change.
>>
>>44148422
cool
>>
how do you get your characters to stay alive in this game? every game they just get obliterated by ranged attacks turn 1-2
>>
>>44148835
Hide them in units. If you can't do that, give the character wings.
>>
>>44149142
>in units
No look out sirs here boss, you've got to physically hide them from ranged attackers.
>>
>>44149172
Whoops, thought I was on the 40k general tab. Aren't I a fool. Thought it seemed an odd question.
>>
Everchosen book posted same weekend it comes out. Still no Seraphon or Dreadhold.
>>
File: 1449897650407.png (3 MB, 1333x1021) Image search: [Google]
1449897650407.png
3 MB, 1333x1021
>>44149870

All must witness the glory of ARCHAON! KNEEL BEFORE YOUR MASTER!
>>
>>44150019
but
>>44134492
>>
>>44148835
Hero sniping is a thing in this game, so we houseruled to allow look-out-sir rolls.

Simply this: when a wound is allocated to a hero, before rolling saves, nearby friendly models (with similar base size) within 1" can make look-out-sir rolls to take the wound. These succeed on a 4+. Only as many look-out-sir tests can be made as there are friendly models within 1"
>>
>>44147897
>Abaddon defeated all the Traitor Primarchs
Say what? When?
>>
Would one of you guys mind posting the anime art from Everchosen battletome? The black white and red stuff. Cheers
>>
>>44150971
He only fought Magnus, Angron, and Mortarion. The others decided fighting was a waste of their time or Abby made a deal with them.
>>
>>44151206
there're archive sites, you know?

>>44129626
>>44129649
>>44129673
>>44129691
>>44129720
>>44129757
>>44129780
>>44129799
>>
>>44151314
I can't possibly believe that he beat Magnus.

If only because Magnus seems like the kind of guy that could just explode a planet if he really wanted to.

Though the fluff is stupidly inconsistent with it's depictions of his power level.

>>44150019
I'm now imagining Sigmarite and Seraphon space ships attacking a Death Star sized Archaon and it's fucking awesome.
>>
>>44151404
Abaddon didn't fight the Daemon Primarchs himself. He had his Black Legion with him. As for Magnus a 1K Son named Khayon who helped form the Black Legion did Magnus in hence the name "Breaker of Magnus". My thought exactly. Mortarion nearly killed Abaddon if that makes you feel better.
>>
File: stellar kroak.jpg (206 KB, 1534x931) Image search: [Google]
stellar kroak.jpg
206 KB, 1534x931
>>44151404
>I'm now imagining Sigmarite and Seraphon space ships attacking a Death Star sized Archaon and it's fucking awesome.

>Tengen toppa Guren Kroakan
>>
>>44148279
There is no point in saying so either eay. People have already made up their minds as to how to feel about AoS. Either you vomit out of sisgust at the very mention of "Age of Sigmar", or you have overwhelmingly bad taste and actually think its decent.
>>
File: 1446328255503.png (27 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1446328255503.png
27 KB, 300x250
>>44151515

>le floating sadfrog in space meme

bravo GW
>>
>>44151438
The thing is.....The Daemon primarchs had their own mortal and daemonic armies with them

Abaddon had only the Black Legion which wasn't that big or powerful at the time. Him defeating all Primarchs before launching the Black Crusade is very impressive.
>>
File: pepe smash.png (403 KB, 332x866) Image search: [Google]
pepe smash.png
403 KB, 332x866
>>44151654
>le everything is a meme meme
>>
>>44131690
And with that final act Archaon took up Sigmars hammer and became what tge former god could not a deity worthy of leading the fight against chaos finally able to defeat the four and end the great game once and for all.

Archaon is playing the truly long game mark my words
>>
>>44151931
>four
three*

I'm betting for hammer corruption myself, in the sense that the hammer corrupts archaon
>>
>>44151997
You forget the horned rat anon
>>
>>44152191
He needs lesser daemons.

Unless the skaven ARE his lesser daemons, coming in to the world through the brood mothers, and just don't know it.
>>
File: me'me azyrwalker.png (175 KB, 532x251) Image search: [Google]
me'me azyrwalker.png
175 KB, 532x251
>>44151404
>Death Star Archaon

>Well, the everchosen doesn't consider a small one-skink fighter to be any threat, or he'd have a tighter defense. An analysis of the plates provided by Princess Sigmar has demonstrated a weakness in the battle stance. But the approach will not be easy. You are required to maneuver straight down this fissure and skim the surface to this point. The target area is only two meters wide. It's a small anal exhaust port, right below the main bottomplate. The shaft leads directly to the butthurt. A precise hit will start a knee jerk reaction which should destroy the shitpost. Only a precise hit will set off the reaction. The shaft is ray-shielded, so you'll have to use rocks.
>>
>>44152544
>The shaft is ray-shielded, so you'll have to use rocks.
my sides
>>
>>44152544
>>44152931
There is no other way but rocks.
>>
The Lords of Helstone audiobook should be uploaded pretty soon, I try and upload it before I go to bed
>>
>>44151438
>As for Magnus a 1K Son named Khayon who helped form the Black Legion did Magnus in hence the name "Breaker of Magnus".

Sauce?
>>
>>44155103
Talon of Horus.
>>
>>44155200
I remember now, to be fair though Magnus was at the time still split into shards so not operating at full power.

Plus being a daemon he suffers weaknesses his 'mortal' form didn't.
>>
>>44152544
>L'ook, you switched off your targeting plaque! What's wrong?
>>
>>44155279
We don't know when or how Magnus got sharded.
>>
>>44155661
The book makes it seem like it happens during the battle for Prospero, plus i'm pretty sure it was a shard that showed up in one of the horus heresy books to save a bunch of loyalists.
>>
>>44151931
>>44151997

As a Dwarf player, I have to say that Archaon's fetishism for Ghal-Maraz is fucking creepy.

We can knock another one of those up in, like, a week.
>>
>>44131576
Also its fairly clear that it's too early for chaos to "beat order"

If anything it's going to be something like "Yeah archoan wrecks everything but he's still just one dude so cant be every where at once"
>>
>>44138409
>ruin Sigmars shit by getting rid of his hammer
>followers aren't a bunch of edge lords and have normal lives like the warroirs of Chaos of fb
>not mono themed
Tzeentch is the best god
>>
>>44157968
>According to Alaric the Mad the hammer itself was crafted by ancient Dwarfs, and the skill, power and patience put into its creation was never possible again, effectively making Ghal Maraz unique in its power.
>>
>>44158300
>...Sigmar rules for 50 years. When he sensed his time was approaching, he abdicated his throne and made the long journey to Karaz-a-Karak, intending to return Ghal Maraz to the High King of Karaz Ankor.

>...in 500 I.C. an Imperial Dwarf delegation arrived in Altdorf and presented Emperor Sigismund II with a gift of friendship from Karaz Ankor: Ghal Maraz returned to the Empire. They told the story of a human who had brought the hammer to Karaz-a-Karak a few years after Sigmar disappeared from human history, presenting it to the High King and leaving without giving his name.

>...there are persistant rumours that the hammer held by the Emperor is not the true Ghal Maraz, which according to tradition was crafted by the Ancestor Gods Thungni and Smednir at the dawn of time. Instead, some believe, the second hammer was made by the Dwarfs as a gesture of friendship, and named Ghal Maraz by its creator in honour of Sigmar. The Dwarfs who presented the hammer to Sigismund called it "the hammer Ghal Maraz", but made no claim that it was the original hammer of Sigmar.

>...rumour claims that the true hammer of Sigmar lies hidden in some secret place beyond the western approach to Black Fire Pass.

It was a popular plot hook in White Dwarf for a while back in the day. Look at it however you want. It makes for an interesting possibility that Sigmar is just waiting to go 'Lol, this is the real Ghal Maraz' after Archaon nabs the one he's using now.
>>
>>44151515
I hope this happens
>>
>>44157989
If anything something will unite everyone to beat him back. Then he will return in full force, and so on.
>>
>>44158656

Cheeky cunts.
>>
>>44158656

>Sigmar Duel Wielding Ghal Marazi
>>
>>44162787
you bet your ass im going to model that when sigmar gets a model

>inb4 if, not when
GW loves modeling their bigs. He will be a big too tempting to resist.
>>
>>44163183

>Sigmar Duel Wielding Ghal Marazi
>Standing on a giant hammer
>His armour? Tiny hammers
>Under his beard? Another hammer, waiting to strike.
>Hammers all the way down.
>>
>>44163216
dont forget the cloak of hammers the lord-celestant on foot has.
>>
>>44163301

>>Warhammer: The Hammering
>>Age of Hammer: Hammer Fell
>>
>>44163335
not gunna lie, i would buy into that with the fury of a thousand hammers
>>
>>44151325
>>>44129626
>>>44129649
>>>44129673
>>>44129691
>>>44129720
>>>44129757
>>>44129780
>>>44129799
oh god its cancer
>>
>>44163359
>All played to the constant tune of Queen. Waiting for the Hammer to Fall.
>>
>>44164246
https://youtu.be/BSDsYmZREwo

Sigmar's official theme song.
>>
>>44158300
>>44158656
The current hammer of Sigmar whether its the real one or not, have absorbed so much Azyr energies that it's effectively forms most of the fuel of Sigmar's power.

Basically, it's the One Ring for Sigmar. Without it he is nothing, god-wise.
>>
>>44163183
Sigmar will not get a model. The story goes that Sigmar cast aside his role as a Warrior King and embraced his role as a God King. He will never fight on the front anytime soon. Mister CP has taken his place and role in the front.
>>
>>44164425
>The current hammer of Sighammer, whether it's the real hammer or not, has absorbed so much Hammer energies that it's hammerly forms most of hammer of hammer's hammer.

Fixed that for hammer.
>>
>>44151613
I love black and white choices.

I just picked up the Age of Sigmar starter box (it was 40% off at my FLGS) and Im pretty excited to play it. I have previously played 40k and when my group of friends showed interest in WFB, I steered them towards 40k instead since I have a grasp on the rules and it wouldnt be 3 of us trying to memorize the functions of the game blindly. Then AoS hit and the simplicity of the rules was attractive to them (we already play loads of other games as it is) and when I saw the Knight Heraldor and Knight Azyros models I was sold on the boxed set (I had previously planned to build a Daemons army for 40k/Fantasy bouncing).

Sorry to say but the changes made to Fantasy with AoS are pretty attractive to some people.
>>
>>44165123
>Sorry to say but the changes made to Fantasy with AoS are pretty attractive to some people.

Nothing to apologise for. They are two entirely different games.

I mean, you don't compare Warmaster to Mordheim. Nor do you apologise for preferring one over the other.
>>
>>44164425
>The current hammer of Sigmar whether its the real one or not, have absorbed so much Azyr energies that it's effectively forms most of the fuel of Sigmar's power.

Is that official or assumed?
>>
>>44167998
What part?
>>
>>44168016
>have absorbed so much Azyr energies that it's effectively forms most of the fuel of Sigmar's power.

That part.
>>
>>44168025
It's certainly absorbed a lot of power and is far more powerful than any hammer of the old world.

The majority of Sigmar's strength comes from Mallus though, though Ghal Maraz provides a great part, which is why he totally bitched out and raged when he lost it.
>>
>>44168045

Cool. Where can I read up more on this? The End of Times series?
>>
>>44168070
End Times provides some, mostly AoS stuff though.
>>
File: troll-chrono-elf-vs-dwarf1.jpg (566 KB, 1400x940) Image search: [Google]
troll-chrono-elf-vs-dwarf1.jpg
566 KB, 1400x940
hey guys, tonight i will make an azyr 20pts with my stunties against wood elves and probably a few driads, any suggestion how to set up the army?
>>
>>44168122
Pay attention to how you position the models: The bases go below
>>
>>44168025
>>44167998
Official. It's in the Quest for Ghaz Maraz book.
>>
>>44168329
Which part?
>>
>>44151325
God damn I love that style.
It looks so damn energetic, and, well, chaotic. Extremely fitting imo.
>>
>>44168414
The part where they explain the lore about the Hammer aka Ghaz Maraz.

The bad guys plan in the book was to use the energies of the hammer to relocate the entirety of Chamon into the Realm of Chaos.
>>
Just read the Crystal of Fate.
Chaos truly has the best fluff.
>>
>>44168122
In AoS, beyond some obvious examples, there is really little in the way of meta, even when using a comp like azyr. You are still able to bring what you like (barring a few comp restrictions) and have it be fairly competitive with just about anything else. The normalization of strength vs toughness has alleviated most of the cause and effects with meta strengths/weaknesses.

In short, since you are using azyr it has some force restrictions, other than that just bring a force you think will play well and have fun.
>>
>>44163216
Reminds me of that bit from the Genevieve books where Gene is running away from a mob and climbs up a statue of Sigmar and they mob gets extra outraged when she uses Sigmars mighty bulge (apparently the sculptor got in trouble for insisting all of Sigmars 'proportions' be heroic) as a handhold.
>>
>>44138104
I found the first part pointless, about rolling to see who goes first. It basically boils down to a 50/50 shot of who goes first.... which is the normal rule to see who goes first!
>>
>>44168675
I read it too.

One of the upsides of AoS is that GW has been releasing the most superb Chaos fluff I have seen in years.
>>
>goes to local gw
>brings tomb king chariot legion
>>WOULDYOULIKETORIDETHEBONETRAIN.JPG
>>
>>44128538
Soo, how did Sigmar create the Sigmarites? Did he have a lab set up somewhere with some potions and armour. Stored up a warehouse of regents and concocted some spells on his personal armor forge? A guy with a soul magnet to gather up some good souls?

Is this explored in any of the books or is it just "POOF" there it is?
>>
>>44173815
Have you even read the fluff? He commissioned Grungni to create the magical means to creating them. They are both forged physically and metaphysically from captured souls during the age of chaos. Grungni made a few stormhosts, then taught his secrets to what are now known as the sixsmiths (we don't know their details yet) so they can continue the forging and reforging.
>>
>>44173815
He spirited away the greatest human heroes with lightning and then imbued them with Celestial magic is the short of it. The full process is still unknown but you can get most of it from the Battletome.
>>
>>44173909
We do know that the process is somehow killing Nagash and weakening him.

Also the damage during to Reforging is attributed to Nagash trying to reclaim what is his.

Most people overlook the fact that Nagash is tortuously killing Nagash. It's an act of cruelty against a former ally.
>>
>>44174892
Nagash is traitor scum.
He deserves everything he gets.
>>
>>44174892
>boo hoo everyone's stealing my souls! :'(
And besides, snitches get stitches
>>
>>44175165
LEAVE NAGASH ALONE.
EVERYONE BULLIES HIM.
SIGMAR, ARCHAON, KHORNE, TZEENTCH, NURGLE.
STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP.
>>
>>44174892
Sigmar is tortuously killing Nagash*

Freudian slip here.
>>
I had this sorta theory about hoe the End Times were going to end and AoS begin, but the group of people i play with shot me down and told me it was retarded.

My whole theory was that right at the end something was going to happen and the 4 major chaos gods were going to "die". I said that Nagash would take the mantle of Death and Sorcery, the Horned Rat gets Decay and Disease. Maliketh takes Slaneesh's spot, and Archaon with his soul and that of Sigmar's fight for control, take the mantle of War and Blood.

I thought that was a really good way to switch up the factions, actually start a new history, and end all the debate of the whole 40k and Fantasy being the same universe.
>>
>>44177820
40k and Fantasy are same multiverse.
>>
>>44170723

...are you telling me the hammer is his penis?
>>
>>44177820
but apart from the pathologic need for diversity, uniqueness and "progress", why would you need to do that? you end up with the same thing except with less characterization because of the removed deities and compressed concepts (because we can't really call them character). what's the point?
>>
>>44177997
This was before everyone found that out, if you read the part where at the beginning were I talk about how the ET were going to end, that's were this theory was formed.
>>
>>44177997

EVERYTHING is the same multiverse.
>>
>>44178091
>This was before everyone found that out

Before Realms of Chaos, 1988?
>>
>>44178095
Not necessarily.

For example there are multiverses that does not have the chaotic touch of the immaterium, comic books ones for example, they have their own things.

For all we know universes and multiverses may be organized like files and folders of a porn archive: With rules(tags) that are present just in certain groups and absolute impossibility of communion among others.

Unless we define as multiverse a group containing all universes and not just a group containing some universes, but that oversimplifies things in my opinion.
>>
>>44178582

The Multiverse theory is flawed inherently. The whole 'unlimited universes' would suggest that some are connected and some are not. But then an infinite amount of universes would be connected to an infinite amount of universes. Similarly an infinite amount of universes would be unconnected to an infinite amount of universes.

Six degrees of separation and what not.
>>
>>44178636
If there is no Multiverse than choice does not exist/matter. Everything, every action becomes meaningless.
>>
Ok so im trying to make my Xmas list and i have no clue which army to go with, both are pretty awesome, im trying to choose between skaven and tomb kings. I want yalls oppinion on which i should go for. here are the lists

Tomb Kings

>Settra the Imperishable

>2x Necropolis Knights (6 models)

>Necrosphinx

>2x Ushabti (6 models)

>Khemrian Warsphinx

Skaven Clan Skyre theme

>Vermin lord ( or maybe thanqual and bone ripper?)

> Ikit Claw

> Death Master Snikch

> 2x Stormvermin (40 models)

> 2x Ratling gunners

> 2x Doom Flayers

>2x Warp Grinder Weapon Teams ( doom flayers will ambush with these guys)
>>
>>44182028
Skaven
Skaven
Skaven
Skaven
Skaven :3c
>>
>>44182044
1 vote skaven, fuck it, ill let the internet vote on it
>>
>>44182122
Skaven are just too fun.
>>
>>44180430

Welcome to life.

We are merely the universe made aware of itself. We are not above nor beyond the laws that govern the rest of existence.
>>
>>44183247
>>44180430
>>44178636
>>44178582
>>44178095

Come for /AoS/, stay for the existential nightmare.
>>
>>44182028
If you want to do tomb kings, just spam settra with chariots imo
>>
>>44184820
I'm basing my list on the appearance of the models and their utility I'm game. TK chariots arnt that good it seems, fuxking slaanesh has probably the best chariots in the game right now. I just love the idea of settra finding rhamhotep and making him build an army of animated contructs to pimp slap every one. But I also love how bad ass Ikit looks and the idea of him leading a small elite force to conquer thing things with some epic skyre tech, I plan on getting storm fiends later if I go with skaven. I try to make my armies fluffy
>>
Today's advent release is a painting guide for two Slaanesh warbands, the Clamor of Bliss and the Court of Vain Rapture.

Some people will still insist Slaanesh is gone.
>>
>>44185984
Slaanesh is so gone that the followers of Slaanesh are starting to worship Archaon as a replacement.
>>
>>44185984
Also a super useful Duncan video. I'm definitely using the hair method when I get around to painting my duardin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7GuGbc0K7o&list=WL&index=10
>>
>>44178636
>The whole 'unlimited universes'
Who said a thing about unlimited universes? It's stupid to believe something is infinite and at the same time existing.
Things exist only when they are limited, in the same way the sum of the things that exist must be limited, at best uncountable and ever increasing, but still limited.
>>
>>44186015
Oddly enough I was wondering how I was going to do the white beards in my Army, since I figured the method I use for my other beards would look somewhat messy on white.
>>
>>44188390
Same here. He always teaches me new things. I tried using a wash on beards once, but it didn't look hairy enough. I never thought to just apply it inbetween the braids and clasps.

About every single time I try a duncan technique, my painting improves.
>>
>>44178582
>For example there are multiverses that does not have the chaotic touch of the immaterium, comic books ones for example, they have their own things.
I lost your thought somewhere in the middle. What comic book ones?
>>
File: gw blightkings.png (146 KB, 337x165) Image search: [Google]
gw blightkings.png
146 KB, 337x165
This picture's on the GW AoS front page. Anyone know where i can see the full version?
>>
File: battleplan.jpg (911 KB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
battleplan.jpg
911 KB, 1536x2000
>>44192054
I looked in both the big books and couldn't find it, but they tend to have other photos of blightkings models, like this one.

Definitely one of the most disgustingly beautiful kits GW has ever produced, imo.
>>
>>44192397
I agree. I've got some waiting for me when i go home for Christmas, can't wait to have a crack at them. Not sure how i'm going to paint them though, it's a little daunting.
>>
>>44193240
Good news is the Quest for Ghal Maraz big book has a painting guide for putrid blightkings
>>
>>44192054
I think that is from the new Everchosen book. There are a number of pics with Archaon leading a Nurgle host.
>>
File: Reach for the sky.jpg (316 KB, 689x1159) Image search: [Google]
Reach for the sky.jpg
316 KB, 689x1159
>>44131394
>>44128538
>>44131743
>>44150019
>those horns

I swear I think they're alive, they keep growing
>>
Hey yall, i need help. I have no motivation to work on my tomb kings due to lack of inspiration and being undesivise about bases

HALP
>>
>>44193485
Knowing Chaos those horns are a part of Archaon know.
>>
>>44193487
Well you don't need to switch to round bases, so if you are afraid you need to, don't.

Some of us do purely for aesthetic reasons. We just like the look of it, but it's only a design choice.

People even argue sticking with squares is ideal because you can move your models on movement trays for simplicity, and have them get off the tray and pile in around when they get into combat. Also you can play games like 9th age or KoW if you keep them on squares.

It's really up to you.
>>
File: 20151130_224310.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151130_224310.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
>>44193765
Screw kings and although 9th looks fun. I got a bunch of garage hammer peeps who only play 8th with no template spells.

I usually play at my local gw and everyone is going circle bases
>>
File: IMAG0429.jpg (426 KB, 1344x686) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0429.jpg
426 KB, 1344x686
>>44193843
Hey I love round bases. More power to you.
>>
>>44193975
Well off to round bases. The only thing with square bases will be my horse archers cause they are brittle without the slotted bases
>>
>>44194287
Yeah I can see that. If you really wanted to do rounds with them, I would advise pinning all the feet that can touch the base.
>>
Just been shifting through the lore and stuff.

I have noticed that they referred to Archaon as an Anti-hero. How is Archaon an anti-hero?
>>
>>44194337
He does bad things for the right reasons.
>>
>>44131690
Then Archaon was the Sigmar, and Valten was justified.
>>
>>44193485
For a moment here I thought he had a skull boobplate
>>
>>44194403
>right reasons
>I'm going to destroy the world because daddy didn't answer the phone and a madman told me I have to destroy the world
Riiight
>>
>>44194596
>I will destroy this corrupted and dying world so a new stronger world will be reborn in its place
>I will avenge all those wronged and forsaken by the gods
>I will end everyone's suffering

Basically, it was one big mercy killing. Why are against mercy killing, you monster?
>>
>>44194596
Chaos wants the world destroyed.
Chaos are higher order beings, so their wishes take priority over lower mortal creatures.
>>
File: image.png (153 KB, 500x536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
153 KB, 500x536
>>44194596
Eh, in the BL novels he was created then totally fucked by a manipulator of fate who was turned into a monster and metaphorically put in a cage and poked with a stick by the metaphysical concept of fate itself.
He was ignored by his own goodness and lead into believing good doesn't exist.

From his point of view, all must be made equal. He wants a ragnorok that ends in a reborn world with no gods or kings, only free men who pursue their own glory for their own sake and earn what they achieve and only that rather than competing and giving what they earn away to get gold stars for being the biggest overachiever in class.

Internally within the Chaos factions, he's an antihero. He's just a villain compared to everyone else.

Basically, he's Marche from Tactics Advanced except the people in the book continued to exist when his froends left, whereas Archaon has to skullfuck all the bunny girls while his men kill the women and children of the Ewok fairies and his giant horse/dragon eats the souls of the not-lizard folk.
>>
>>44194704
>Chaos are higher order beings
>>44194692
Because mercy kills against unwilling to get killed are called homicides

Plus the world could have been redeemed, by the same archaon at that! But he was too blindly proud of his edgy enlightenment that he still wagers wars against the god he wanted to follow after he started shaping the better world in the one supposed to be stronger and safer from the dark gods.
Archaon is a mindbroken pussy, thanquol is a better anti-hero, at least he is truthful about himself that the good he's following is his own alone.

>>44194704
>chaos
>highest order beings
The jiggling imbeciles are the lowliest forms of conscience, nothing but instruments and parasites parodying existence without reasons or higher ends.
Chaos a shit, its apologists mindless edgelords.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.