[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civilization Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 3
File: 1440970315995.png (7 MB, 1500x6400) Image search: [Google]
1440970315995.png
7 MB, 1500x6400
Hey there everyone, I'm sure anyone here will now how this works, first three votes for a race and for a place. I'm in the mood for some Underground style civilization, but I'm up for whatever gets the votes.
>>
>>44127663
OP you can set up whatever limitations you wish.
>>
>>44127663
Vampires
Underground
>>
>>44127663
btw voting
>Tengu
>underground

seems cool and I don't remember tengu was ever picked.
>>
>>44127663
Skaven underground
>>
Myconids
Underground
>>
I would've voted slime underground
>>
>>44127663
Merfolk or Gnolls
Islands
We're either building a Naval country or Pirate organization
>>
Underground genasi
>>
Underground drow
>>
Orcs, plains. Early game of culture and diplomacy, mid game of conquest.

Orcs are splintered and mostly an annoyance to the established factions of the world. Orcs are splintered into specialized tribes and keep to themselves or war one another. One tribe is known for being giant wolf riders, another tribe are known as being talented blacksmiths and craftsmen, another tribe is known for being seasoned warriors with a vendetta against humans, another tribe is just fucking large and has numbers.

You're the warchief of one tribe, players pick the specialty (shamanism, being warriors, demonology, being wolf riders) and must unite all other clans under our banner, before going after the rest of the world. Each clan would want something. One tribe wants food, another tribe wants war with the humans, another tribe wants you to annihilate another tribe it hates, another wants a personal duel between warchiefs. etc. You can't have everyone so you also have to choose sometimes between clans. Customize your army, then lead to war.
>>
>>44128118
I admire your dedication to this idea, if you're the guy who suggests that all the time and never gets the votes.

No race has more than one vote, so that's a tad inconvenient.
>>
>>44127741
Seconding this.
>>
>>44128118
With that many underground votes it'd be hard to go for plains.
>>
>>44128118
Sounds like you want to make your own civ.
>>
>>44128140
One of the few stereotypes I have of civ races. Desperate cultists summon a demon lord they can't control for demon race background, orc clan diplomacy, worship-the-light religious human empire, zerg-like insect race, etc.

>>44128152
More like a template for the 5-6 races I care about from the rooster.
>>
>>44127663
Hey OP why don't you just pick the race yourself? We're never gonna agree at this rate.
>>
OP you there?
>>
Rolled 6 (1d8)

>>44128247
Sure, I'll roll for it.
1-Vampires
2-Tengu
3-Skaven
4-Myconids
5-Slime
6-Genasi
7-Drow
8-Orcs
>>
>>44128578
Vampires had two votes
>>
>>44128588
I'll third vamps
>>
>>44128578
If you're not particularly inspired by Genasi (I know I'm not) then we can go with underground vamps.
>>
>>44128638
Sure, lets do underground Vamps. Hope everyone likes Strigoi.
>>
>>44128638
Are Genasi games pretty lame generally?
>>
>>44128668
Heeey, nice to see these games are picking up again. I'm good to go with the vampires in the underground
>>
File: w6_vc_strigoi.jpg (28 KB, 550x432) Image search: [Google]
w6_vc_strigoi.jpg
28 KB, 550x432
>>44128668
Hunger. Feeding. Hunger. Feeding. Such was life, and such was all that life needed, until suddenly, after a feeding, it needed more. You crawled forth in the dark, eyes blinking white and red, looking over your prey. It stood on two legs, clad in the skin of other creatures, smelling of a thousand places, followed by braying beasts, dragging a box of stone. You rose on, huge digits, and leaped across onto the double skinned prey, scything through it as if it had been butter, your own immense strength heightened by hunger. Feasting on the double skinned one, you felt yourself change. You began to remember, to see again.

You awoke, coated in the drow's skin, clawed digits buried in it's coat. You knew where you were now, you were in a cavern, you'd remembered coming in with a caravan, but that had been a while ago. You didn't know why you were here now, but you could think now. There were others in the caravan, a group of travelers, still asleep. You could kill them and devour them, make yourself better, smarter, stronger, perhaps, or you could turn them, take the caravan and use it. What for eludes you, but it is clearly rather well crafted, and looks splendid by comparison to the dank cave that had made your lair thus far.

>Kill them

>Turn them

Ten sleeping travelers in all, humans, hobgoblins and dwarves, with a Trox asleep in a cage. (Trox being gigantic mantis creatures, about as big as you are at current, as shown by Pic Related).
>>
>>44129081
You rose on huge digits*

No comma. I'll be used this first thread to set up and drum up interest, on account of the fact that I'm being dragged off to do lighting for a play in a while.
>>
>>44129126

*using

Jesus Christ, what is wrong with my spelling today.
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>44129081
Let's turn two or three of them and subdue the rest if we can.

Do we need to roll? and if so what dice?
>>
>>44129081
>>Turn them
Only half the others are food.
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>44129081
Turn them
>>
>>44129081
Turn the trox only. Kill evrything else aside from 1 hobgoblin.

Do we need dice rolls?
>>
File: Strigoi-_-.jpg (29 KB, 544x205) Image search: [Google]
Strigoi-_-.jpg
29 KB, 544x205
>>44129171

You set to work, slitting the throats and feeding on all but three of the humanoids. They die quickly, and satisfy your hunger more than adequately. You can feel your musculature swell and grow, mottled, armour like skin forming atop your frame. The three you turn are two hobgoblins and the Trox. The hobgoblins undergo the most violent transformation, their shoulder-blades splitting further apart, their frame widening, and their bodies shifting into ghouls. They arise with little intellect, but follow your orders to the best of their ability, though neither is incredibly intelligent.

The Trox has a much more peaceful transformation, by comparison, with it's chitin shifting to become more jagged, and it's flesh turning a pallid white. It's mandibles grow to be quite formidable, and the hulking, though dull and slow, thing follows you with reluctant obedience. The sheer mental weight of it, however, if quite challenging to maintain.

Everything is hauled, or driven, to your den, a deeper gash in the underdark landscape, surrounded by rocky barrens, just off a Drow Road. Inside is little more than a collection of skeletal chunks and scattered books, all torn to pieces.

Current Minion Limit reached (Five. Two ghouls (1 each) and one Trox Hulk (3 Each)
Predominant Vampire Type: Strigoi (Ghuul)
Hoard: A stone cart, and two large ant like beasts of burden. Within the cart, ten hammocks, three crates of grain and salted meat, two sacks of plump helmet spawn, a few kobold bulbs, an Iron Cage, a selection of farming tools and basic weapons. It seems there is also a holy icon to Lolth.

1d20 for actions, with two actions per turn, and 1d100 for research (E.G. Learning how to use the holy symbol, or control the Trox more adequately)
>>
>>44129081
>>Kill them
>>
Rolled 12, 14 = 26 (2d20)

>>44129509
Control the Trox better for both.
>>
Rolled 96 (1d100)

>>44129509
Roll to control the Trox better. He will be our loyal attack dog. Should we name our minions too?
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>44129509
Control the Trox better.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>44129509
Send the ghouls to patrol
>>
>>44129585
>>44129588
You're welcome to.

I'll need actions too, but bear in mind this turn may have to last a few hours, I've gotta go to do lighting.
>>
>>44129585
>>44129606

I'll support these two here

Oh and BTW Op where are you from? sorry for asking
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>44129509
I guess plant the plump helmet spawn?
>>
>>44129655
The United Kingdom, why do you ask?
>>
>>44129788
I had a hunch about you being one of my mates but I guess I was wrong :D

sorry if it made you uncomfortable tho
>>
Op ded?

Bump
>>
>>44130915
Said this turn would be a few hours.
>>
He said he was leaving for a few hours so basically
>>
Anyone still here?

>>44129872
What gave you that Idea? And no problem.
>>
>>44134055
Well talking about the Strigoi (which are some folk tales and superstitions from where i come from)

Welcome back tho
>>
>>44134170
Ah. I know them from WFRP, I spent a good few hours researching the lore on them while making a Strigoi character.

I'mma go on as if there were more than one person here.

>>44129606
The Ghouls are sent out onto patrol, and they quickly settle into quite a routine. They roam around the Drow road in a pack, loping through the rocky barrens that border it. The barrens normally stop bandits attacking, but then, those bandits have to worry about bleeding and fatigue, where the ghouls, monstrously malformed as they are, do not. They begin to work effectively, killing the odd animal on the road, and one Drow, a young male with twin swords. They also managed to bisect the young drow's familiar, a panther, and steal his two swords. You receive the swords gladly, but it seems nonsensical as a set of weapons, especially against the monstrosities of the Underdark.

>>44129585

The Trox is wrangled rather efficiently, and through some dialogue with it, you manage to force it's latent consciousness to spread thin in it's form. It can act under your orders loyally, and will do for the majority of the time, but it is volatile, and may occasionally lose itself to it's immense hunger. At the moment, unfortunately, there does not seem to be that much food around to eat. The drow male had been devoured, feeding the ghouls, but you and the Trox still hunger.

You find that assigning your thralls a name will allow you to more easily control them. On the topic, what is your name?

(Thrall limit doubled to ten, name your minions. 1 Strigoi Ghuul, 1 Trox Hulk and three Ghouls)
Ghoul one is a female Hobgoblin, ugly and scarred all over, with a gleeful smile.
Ghoul two is a male Hobgoblin, who cradles the remains of a broken flute, using it as a weapon,
Ghoul three is a Human male, chunks of metal and leather clinging to his now much enlarged form.

The Trox is twelve feet tall, incredibly muscular and with tendons crackling against pale white chitin.
>>
>>44134855
Umm... fuck, names. I;m rubbish at them.

As for actions I say you all go out and search for an outpost or something
>>
>>44135006
You're the only person here. If you want to do it, roll.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>44135006
>>44135045
ok then..
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>44134855
>>44135006
Yeah lets go exploring
>>
Need another action.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>44135677
I dunno
continue securing your control over the trox
>>
>>44135597
>>44135116
Your ghouls roam on their own, loping their way through the darkness out into the wilderness beyond the barrens. In one direction lies an ashen deserts, black shards of glass acting as sand. On another, the way is barred by a small river , which is bridged by the Drow road. It appears that there is a toll site there, perhaps it would be a good place to subjugate, or exterminate? Other than that, to the west, is what seems to be a mushroom jungle, teeming with all manner of fungal life, varied and odd. One ghoul is injured by a blast of stinging spores, which begin to grow from his skin.

>>44135831
The Trox becomes very loyal, through intense training, and magical subjugation. It's free will is subjugated to it's claws and mandibles, causing it to lash out with incredible ferocity when given the order. It seems to do exactly as it's told, with some lagging behind from it's sheer bulk.

New turn.
>>
>>44136091
let's test the trox. Attack the toll road and try to capture as many drow as possible.

Keep the shroom infected ghoul separated from the rest. let's do some experimenting on him
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

Explore the cave with the trox. Kobalds explore wasteland.
>>
>>44136331
Roll for things.
>>44136460
Kobolds? Cave?
>>
Rolled 10, 16 = 26 (2d20)

>>44136331
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>44136460
That was trox and protagonist, this is waste
>>
>>44136912
Kobold...
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>44136091
loved the drizzt reference mate, hilarious

take the trox to the toll road for feeding
>>
>>44136515

i think he may have meant the ghouls?
>>
>>44136091
I vote that we sneak in under the cover of darkness and turn the occupants of the outpost and use the gold from the toll to increase our economic stability and maybe toll for food instead of gold when times get dire.
don't know how to roll so if someone could do that for me
>>
>>44137535

to roll put " dice+1d20 " in your options field when you want to post
>>
>>44137056
>>44136912

Blood-lust swells within you, and the Trox is restless too. You decide to take action, and you summon the ghouls back to you, three faces looking wide eyed and hungry up at you. You set out with little ceremony, the Trox holding back along the road, the Ghouls attacking from the left, and you swimming down the river to attack from the shore. The water is freezing cold, or it would be, but compared to your pallid form it is almost warm. Fish nip at your rotten flesh as you sink in the water, black eyes staring up at the small set of tolls buildings, and the stone tower accompanying them. In a moment, the command is given. The ghouls leap to action, three fleshy, gaunt forms leaping onto buildings, claws burying into backs, great bulbous digits silencing screams before they can arise. The humanoids guarding the outpost, unfortunately, manage to notice on of the ghouls, and a panic ensues, with weapons being gathered and a defense mounted, a phalanx of Dwarves and Drow forming on the bridge, shields interlocking, spears held bristling against your attack. The ghouls circle the formation, or semi-circle at least, occasionally darting forward before being savagely attacked with a spear.

A tense few moments pass, before your grin to yourself in the water, and clamber onto the bridge, hulking form left coated in slime and seaweed, slick on the basalt bridge. In a single, loping step, you propel your hulking form onto the back of the phalanx with a bellow, rising to your full height before swinging scything claws through the formation. Then, the Trox began it's assault, titanic form propelled by it's own momentum into the phalanx, obliterating stone shields with single swipes, reducing men to desiccated corpses with single swipes. It is ferocious, but a single spear manages to lodge in it's underbelly, hefted by a Dwarf in lighter leather armour, who soon bolts off the side of the bridge, weapons left behind for the taking.

Cont.
>>
>>44137787
Cont.
this isn't /b/ mate
>>
>>44137926
he probably just didn't want us to think the thread was dead. i was starting to
>>
>>44137970
as long as its me and you we should be right
>>
>>44137926
I was under the impression that was common practice to tell players you intend to continue the post.

>>44137787
It is not long before the battle is finally won, and the remaining enemies are slaughtered. The outpost has been won, and much has been gained for the endeavor. Your minions, and yourself, are fed, and you have gained a motley collection of ghouls along with the meal. You now command eight ghouls and the Trox. The ghouls naturally follow you, but are not dreadfully advanced as minions, and you could stand to advance your power over them, if you knew how. For now, the reserves of gold and silver making up previous tolls are yours, along with the fine stone settlement on the road. Good access to local Drow facilities, a riverside view, free of any pests, y'know, asides from the endless cthonic abominations. Hell, it would make a good first step on the property ladder for anyone.

A good place to end for the night.
>>
>>44138185
thanks for a good civ thread. wish i had caught it earlier. have a good night, OP, and hope to see you soon
>>
Please don't die on me thread
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.