[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So guys, would you like to share a backstories of your warband?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 18
File: WB.jpg (348 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
WB.jpg
348 KB, 1280x960
So guys, would you like to share a backstories of your warband? Any sworn enemies hunting them down? Or maybe they've been preparing a grand campaign in the name of the dark gods? And most importantly, who keeps all of your traitors together, so they may face their bloody/exquisite/excessive/pick whatever you want future.
>>
File: ThousandSon.jpg (2 MB, 2100x1500) Image search: [Google]
ThousandSon.jpg
2 MB, 2100x1500
>>44114595
I've been working on the fluff of one that I plan on making in the near future. Not sure if I'm sold on it yet, but what I have so far:

The Fell Horde had their start as a Loyalist Space Marine chapter around the 37th Millennium, where they discovered a lost human colony beyond human space. This colony, however, had an unusual number of human psykers than the average, but maintained a relatively stable society through their own means of sanctioning. Deeming the inhabitants of this world as worth protecting due to their compliance and diplomatic approach towards the chapter, as well as them being the only human settlement anywhere nearby, the Space Marines posted their Fortress-Monastery on this world and began further recruitment, as well as to carve a place for the Imperium.

As time passed, an Inquisitor happened upon their world, and she became fascinated by the anomaly of the planet. Making a pact of cooperation between her powerbase and the Space Marine chapter, she began an investigation to discover the heart of the high psychic activity among the locals, as well as the Space Marines themselves.

Through extensive archaeological projects, she came to the conclusion that an ancient xenos race (either Old Ones or Eldar) once inhabited the world and created a font of psychic energy that was destroyed during the Age of Strife, its power spread across the atmosphere and integrating itself into air and fauna. Aware that this discovery would not go well with the rest of the Imperium, but wishing to use the power of the locals and the Space Marines for herself, she offered the then-Chapter Master a deal: aid her on her missions, and she'll conceal the existence of their homeworld to the best of her ability.

With an agreement made, the Inquisitor effectively gained her own army, in her mind, of demi-Grey Knights, and a source of psychic recruits in her network. This secret of hers did not last forever... con't
>>
File: BlackLegion.jpg (208 KB, 600x1100) Image search: [Google]
BlackLegion.jpg
208 KB, 600x1100
>>44116730
...as it was eventually discovered through a rival Inquisitor of hers, who had suspected her as potentially dangerous, due to her frequent disappearances beyond known space. He revealed the existence of the world to many of their colleagues, and a harsh debate broke-out among them, a minority in favor of maintaining the secrecy of the world due to its potential uses, and a majority stating that a planet with an unusual number of witches being far too dangerous to continue existing, especially one with a full chapter of Space Marines under similar effects.

Unsurprisingly, a cleansing was approved by the local Lord Inquisitors, leaving those in favor of maintaining the world to attempt to defend it alongside their Space Marine allies, in the hopes of being able to hold out long enough for the possibility of their colleagues understanding their perspective.

This never happened, however, and an invasion occurred that stretched across the relatively-newly-established sub-sector. If this wasn't enough, both the locals as well as the Space Marines themselves began a craving for psychic energy. This addiction of theirs grew to the point of the Space Marines and even the rogue Inquisitor powerbases raiding Inquisitorial strongholds for artifacts to satiate their desire.

As time passed, the war became progressively more one-sided. The Chapter Master and original Inquisitor were approached by an unidentified entity* who gave them an offer: swear themselves to her, and she will end the conflict for them. In better times, the two would never agree to such a deal, but they saw no other alternative to sheer survival and gave the entity their oaths.

A legion of strange Space Marines blew into the sub-sector, carrying with them an unstable Warp Storm that surrounded the sub-sector. Their newfound allies devastated the Imperial forces present as the storm prevented reinforcements from arriving, and lasting for centuries. Con't
>>
File: Night Lord 2.png (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Night Lord 2.png
1 MB, 1440x900
>>44116948
When the Warp Storm subsided, the Fell Horde was found to be ruling the sub-sector. Consisting of a legion that forms the combined might of thousands of Space Marines and the powerbases of the rogue Inquisitors, the servants of the Warp gained a new force to fight with.

*The unknown entity is one that is linked to an ally/antagonist I created for a Rogue Trader campaign. Essentially, its the "shadow" of a lesser Eldar goddess that managed to escape the Fall, but being corrupted by it. The font was something that belonged to her initially, and its destruction is linked to her change in mannerism. I don't really have a set goal for her right now, though.
>>
>>44116730
>ThousandSon.jpg

That's not a Thousand Son.
>>
>>44114595
>WB.jpg

Crimson Slaughter.

>>44116730
>ThousandSon.jpg

Also Crimson Slaughter.
>>
>>44118404
>>44118568
Yeah, I originally saved it as ThousandSon because it looked similar to the Thousand Sons on the cover of their eponymous Horus Heresy novel, and didn't know it was Crimson Slaughter until after I had saved it. I figured it didn't really matter enough for me to change it. Clearly, that was wrong.
>>
>>44118600
>it looked similar to the Thousand Sons on the cover of their eponymous Horus Heresy novel

Thousand Sons did not have spikes there.
The Chaos Marine lacks the crests of the officers and the grunts had white trim rather than gold. Additionally white vs green eyes.
>>
This is for my main army, a splinter of the black legion who fights under the name Brass Legion when not in service with other legions. Chaos Lord Grisvuld is in charge of the rag-tag group of defectors, taking in any who would be willing to forsake the Emperor's name in favor of whatever they wish, whether it be service to the dark gods, raiding for profit, or just to stick an axe in any civilian within sight. However, like all astartes, Grisvuld was one loyal to the imperium, acting as a captain to a chapter descended from the Blood Angels that has since been stricken from imperial record. He, and most of his chapter, were excommunicated upon finding an ancient artifact of chaos, a suit of terminator armor used by a captain of the Word Bearers during the Horus Heresy. Grisvuld took the armor, not knowing it's origins, and invited the chaos gods whispers. The inquisition came for an inspection, discovered the armor, and plunged the sector into war with the chapter. Cont...
>>
File: full.jpg (80 KB, 600x568) Image search: [Google]
full.jpg
80 KB, 600x568
>>44118759
Yes, but I just paid attention to the color scheme, and I know next to nothing about the Crimson Slaughter, (and I hate how CSM Thousand Sons look, so I just kinda drop them from my mind a lot), so I just assumed.
>>
File: 800px-Death_Company_Terminator.jpg (104 KB, 800x412) Image search: [Google]
800px-Death_Company_Terminator.jpg
104 KB, 800x412
>>44118801
In the end, Grisvuld and his forces had to retreat. The captain had resisted the whispers until then, but only by accepting the help of the gods was he able to escape, but not without cost. 75% of his forces died upon the shift into the warp, those who survived were either spared by being possessed by chaos daemons or sheltering their minds in the Black Rage. With his forces all but decimated, Grisvuld had to begin the long process of acquiring new troops, taking any and all comers, from Space Wolves lost to the bloodlust of Khorne, Red Corsair mercs, to other fallen Blood Angels, seeking a cure for the Black Rage that plagues their blood. In remembrance of his brothers, as well as a morbid acceptance of fate, the Brass Legion paints their armor as they were death company, though exchanging the red X's for ones of brass.
>>
>>44118962
Nice!
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 736x541) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 736x541
The Emperor's Harvest Chapter owned two systems comprising of hive worlds, agri-worlds, a seconded forgeworld and several blasted balls of rock only useful for mining or defense stations. By the time Lord Ausar had risen to his hight as The Swordwind, Master of Menses, Irontongue, and Lord of the Sons of the Harvest warband, he controlled the greater part of his sector, strangled Imperial trade routes, destroyed an Astartes chapter sent to hunt him down, and amassed an impressive museum collection.

Once Master of the Scouts, and a proud space marine, Ausar and his proteges were captured by the fleeing remnants of a dark eldar coven. Suffering horrible tortures alongside their captain, the scouts all either died or went insane. When Ausar escaped captivity due to a fortuitously "misplaced" Khornate sword, he released as many experiements and prisoners as he could, hoping to find his scouts, gain vengeance, and provide a distraction. The few surviving scouts/marines who joined him for the long journey back to the Chapter were disfigured and mutated in extreme ways only the denizens of Commoragh would find amusing or aestheticlly pleasing.

Compounding this struggle was the death of the Chapter Master by the same Dark Eldar poisons and in his death throes he named the absent Ausar as the new Chapter Master. Of course when Ausar returned to the chapter alive, many marines saw this as a sign of the Emperor's favor and supported his canidacy over the arrogant Captain of the First Company. When Ausar refused to kill his students, Khorne punished him by slowly posessing the Scouts over the long weeks of the Succession crisis, causing daemon-posessed marines to pour out of their isolation cells at the most damming moment and convincing many of the Emperor's Harvest that their new Chapter Master had been corrupted by Chaos after all. The fate of these scouts and that of Ausar is a powerful reminder that when the Gods call, only the foolish and the fearful do not answer.
>>
File: BBEG.jpg (44 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
BBEG.jpg
44 KB, 250x250
Famous last words, Embittered Edition:

"Following a superior's orders isn't the same as unthinking obedience,
citizen. Pearls are formed in *closed* mouths, so I follow my orders,
but think for myself - coolly, even professionally. Though I do avoid
over-think. That can be a real hazard in this job. There exist higher
priorities than internalising the daily horror, murder, loot, power
and privilege. That stuff's ... surreal. For instance, mortals can't
even imagine comic-opera carnage, but I've actually *seen* it."
- Tip "Cryptic" Triptych, Scruffiest Ruffians, Embittered Armsman

"We've studied a lot of Imperial operations over the millennia and, as
well as our people can determine, every commander's personality is so
ingrained in their combat doctrine that any empirical tactical acumen
applied ranges accordingly - from the juvenile to the maniacal, with
no over-arching rhyme or reason. Therefore, if this great, all-knowing
'codex astartes' is not just a myth, it may as well be - since no one
seems to be using the damned thing anyway."
- Ali Gholghola, Mystery Meat, Embittered CO, 32nd Airmobile Battalion
>>
File: Clinger.jpg (82 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Clinger.jpg
82 KB, 250x250
>>44120835

"The potential for conflict in an ever-expanding galaxy is infinite.
Mathematically, we're fighting a war we're destined to lose. But the
galaxy's mistaken if it thinks knowing that will make us lie down."
- Martin "TG" Stewart, Mech-Psykana Luchadores, Embittered Tech Spec

"Regular militaries rightly call what we do 'raids' or 'ambushes' but,
realistically, we have few of the heavy assets they usually do. A rare
shoulder-fired heavy and the odd APC - that's it. In addition, our
techniques and technologies are kept simple: We climb trees, sword
fight and sprint blindfolded over broken high-G terrain. We've even
developed ways to make swimming whilst armoured almost easy ... Hmmm,
put like that, it's no wonder the Loyalists call us 'Heretics.'"
- Tone "Corruptor" Horton, Serpent's Tooth, Embittered Forgemaster

"The job *is* motivation. Determination. Physical and mental strength.
That's the bare minimum to be operationally effective in M41. This
describes less than 10% of the general population."
- Rooster Bishop, Amethyst Griffons, Embittered Astropath Wrangler
>>
>>44120982
Are these guys a renegade Guard unit? They sound like an interesting bunch!
>>
After fleeing from the smoking remnants of their homeworld with faithful citizens and as much of the Chapter's armory as they could fit into the hold, the Sons of the Harvest punched into the Warp with no true destination in mind. But the Chaos Gods work in mysterious ways and soon the Sons found their craft being drawn into the orbit of a massive Space Hulk the size of a medium-sized moon. Siezing the opportunity, Ausar ordered his Scythes (Chosen elite) and Threshers (Terminator unit) to scout the Hulk and see if it could be colonized. The marines discovered an infestation of Genestealers that was just coming out of deep hibernation, and proceeded to slaughter them all. As the groups led their way deeper into the ship, the corridors widened and the Dreadnought Ghur was brought in to lend his heavy flamer to the task as well as his memories of clearing dozens of hulks during his Deathwatch tenure. Ausar began to disembark his marines and planned to use the Hulk as his new main base while the Ill Will, their battleship, orbited and took further scans of the Hulk.

Deep within the Space Hulk, the combatants found the Genestealers beginning to flee in their direction, not even attempting to fight with any kind of stealth or cunning. What turned out to be chasing them was the Sorcerer Krosis, leader of Alpha Legion Cell 12672 who called for quarter and a meeting with Ausar, whom he had never met before. Intensly suspicious, the Threshers and Dreadnought Ghur acquiesced after the Sorcerer offered to provide a full map of "his" section of the Space Hulk as a goodwill gesture. As it turned out, a detachment of Alpha Legionnaires had flown beyond the galactic disk during the Horus Heresy, fleeing from Imperial retribution, only to discover Genestealers in their new hiding place.
>>
>>44122881
elations between the two warbands were initially rocky and guarded, tinged with suspicion and omnipresent weapons, but over seven thousand years of ruthless elegant destruction of their enemies, the two became lifelong brothers in the Long War. Much of this successful relationship can be traced back to Krosis's Chosen, Ausar's Terminator bodyguards, and the Dreadnought Ghur. These members of the warbands moved freely between the two groups and with the help of their commanding officers, eventually forged a common bond during The Scouring which was cemented during the Escape from Maldorox the Mindless.
To elaborate:

Krosis's Chosen harked back to original Alpha Legion covert squadrons, combining human, Astartes, psyker, and occasional xenos support for special missions. The oldest, most resiliant, and most well-known of the group is undoubtedly "Pistols" McGee, an Astartes who used only plasma pistols to the exclusion of any other weapon. He collected plasma weapons at every opportunity and as a result has ensured that if the warband so wished, they could easily perform an exterminatus using plasma weapon cores alone. His psychotic insistence at using such weapons has led to warband speculation that he will one day become an Obliterator, while others are simply amazed Warpsmith Xylon continues to repair the fool's bionic arms. By contrast, Ausar's Chosen are a tight-knit group who are a little bemused by the Alpha's inclusion of human operatives. They were the only members of the First Company to side with Ausar over their own Captain during the Succession Crisis and so were allowed first pick of the weapons within the armory. Only time will tell if they are allowed ro keep them.
>>
>>44123008
The Threshers, as Ausar's Terminator Elite are known, are posessed of a friendly manner, a caustic wit, and the longest continuous game of cards onboard the warband. Initially responsible for cross-warband cooperation due to a combination of relentless boredom and equally relentless Genestealer attacks during the Scouring, the Threshers posess powerful close combat weapons to tear open tanks along with the skill to crush the unfortunates within. While Tybalt posesses the squad's reaper autocannon because "it matches my long horns"' it is the short-horned and calculating Champion Renauld and his power maul who leads the group and famously beat a Lord of Change in a hand of whist, bestowing a permanant Mark of Tzneetch upon the squad. They have also earned the hatred of the Space Wolves for deep striking into a battle for a forge world and destroying Venerable Dreadnought Volkar.

The Dreadnought Ghur is famous among the Sons for being the first member of the Chapter to back Ausar in the struggle to become Chapter Master after the previous master named the Captain of the Scouts his successor. A rare case of an interred dreadnought turning traitor to the Imperium, Ghur has good-naturedly allowed Warpsmith Xylon to bolt a few chains and spikes to his chassis, complaining that "IT RUINS MY SLEEK FIGURE". Obviously not out of his mind, Ghur leads fellow Daemon Engines and Hellbrutes into battle and can often be found wandering the ship dispensing advice to the Sons' newer members. Mostly he merely slumbers in the same room as the Threshers, dozing in the corner while they play cards.
>>
>>44123084
The Chaff: the inevitable collection of cultists, collaborators, and general scum that form around a Chaos warband. Ausar merely uses them as cannon fodder or semi-reliable guardians for a Hellbrute, but Krosis will occasionally pick interesting specimins from the cauldron of violence and below-deck life and elevate them to his Chosen. The occasion is marked by a celebratory dinner with the Chosen's relatives and close friends dining in style with the Astartes Lords in the ship's grand cabin. This results in upticks in ship casualty rates every time a new Chosen is found or replaced, along with desperate politicking for a chance to sup with the Lords and thus gain the glance of the Gods. This belief is not unfounded for both Krosis, Ausar, and Warpsmith Xylon occasionally gift attendees with weapons, sorcerous gifts, or experimental implantations even if it's out of morbid curiosity.

Subjugator: A Forgefiend outfitted with ancient plasma cannons more suited for battle tanks and given to Ausar as thanks by Warpsmith Xylon for rescuing him from Maldorox the Mindless. Powered by an experimental mix of a Juggernaut of Khorne's soul and that of a Flamer of Tzneetch, the beast's fires burn and spread widely across the battlefield. Having destroyed many tactical marines and the hated thunderwolves of the Space Wolves, Subjugator's maw only hungers for more souls to feed the conflict within and without it's warpmetal body.
>>
>>44123139
Ausar the Swordwind, Lord of the Sons of the Harvest, is feared beyond the Imperium and extending into the dark halls of Commoragh itself. His corruption began when captured and tortured by the Dark Eldar, they peeled off all his skin in one long roll to use as a bathtowel for their Archon. Left in shackles and sure he would die, Ausar prayed for his scouts to be saved. Khorne was listening and Ausar turned to see a rusted, black-bladed sword lying against the door, almost as if one of the vile Xenos had left it there while walking out with Ausar's skin. Wrenching his way out of the restraints! Ausar strode over, grabbed the sword and began slaughtering his way towards his scouts and the bloody destiny that awaited him, even as he lay ignorant of the sword's true master.

Ausar's deeds of valor and courage in his escape and passionate reasoning during the Sucession Crisis on his homeworld were to be eclipsed by the slaughter and curses he spawned as leader of the Sons of the Harvest. After losing his scouts to daemonic posession, his Chapter to civil war, and his homeworld to spite, Ausar now hates the Imperium almost as much as he hates himself. Khorne, pleased with his new servant, has ensured that Ausar is never without a weapon. While his plasma pistol may run dry, Ausar can pull swords from thin air if in need. While not as durable as his antique power sword Lunarium, being able to pull chainswords from the very Warp itself has saved his life on more than one occasion, though none of them last longer than a day. Discovering this was the result of a humerous experiment where Ausar pulled enough swords from thin air to fill an entire store room, only for the swords to collapse overnight and spawn a pack of Bloodcrushers as a sign of Khorne's displeasure.
>>
File: image.jpg (209 KB, 838x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209 KB, 838x800
To contrast, Krosis is not nearly as deadly nor as well known in the Imperium as Ausar, who is more than happy to be the public face of the warband, though he remains watchful for betrayal. Krosis simply doesn't care, spending most of his time gathering information on this dark new millineum, a mysterious schism his legion has undergone, and adding to his museum collection, which takes up a significant portion of the space hulk. Though blessed by Tzneetch, Krosis has not taken the bait and remains a stubbornly Undivided Sorcerer. As a result his combi-bolter will always have the one extra bolt needed to break through ceramite, or the melta beam will occasionally twist into strange shapes, but Krosis ignores this as much as he can. Working through intermediaries and his Alpha Legionnaires, Krosis is now bent on the downfall of the Imperial government in their sector, as he knows the local Inquisition fortress contains certain significant files on the Alpha Legion.To this end Krosis is engaged in a constant running battle with the Inquisition, always one step ahead of their Interrogators and Sisters of Battle. He takes great delight in these "worthy adversaries" and takes the time to write letters to Inquisitors or retinues who were particularly close to ruining one of his schemes. He even compliments them if they succeed, commenting on their recent victories, making them as paranoid as possible. Usually then is when he walks up behind them and crushes the entire group in his telekinetic grip.

Though posessed of a friendly nature and a rare smile, Krosis is as dangerous as any hoary Legion veteran and posesses Beta-level telekinetic powers, though he is using his sorcerous discoveries and examination of the local Tyranid splinter to investigate biomancy in the hope of repairing Sorcerer Oren's limbs and finding a method of slowing or preventing spawndom as Magnus the Red or Ahrimain once did, in ages long past. But this road leeds to Tzneetch won't go well...
>>
My warband is a chapter teetering on the edge of damnation.

The Scarlet Hounds' bitter hatred and thirst for revenge against the xenos filth lead them to make some bad choices. Now their orbital monastery and home planet is in the warp. Their monastery has gellar devices to keep things stable, but the planet is forever lost.

Their monastery has all the facilities to house, train, and arm their chapter (though not nearly at full strength) along with a regiment of guard.

In the millennium since however, exposure to the warp has changed a lot of things. The gellar fields keep the humans and space marines from the worst of it, but there is always those faint whispers and the nightmares.

The outer walls of the monastery were twisted into a grim fortress festooned with spikes. The loading bays are now a foul temple grounds under constant assault by daemons and the ilk of the warp. The bravest and the dishonored of the chapter venture out to protect the outer hull of the station; their names are etched into the walls of the innermost sanctum so that their sacrifice is never forgotten.

Most of the humans born and raised on the station train but never see combat, instead fitting into supporting roles. Those who are destined for combat train with the marines and are often geared for hand-to-hand combat.

The chapter still has some ties with radical loyalist chapters and uses this connections to get access to things they need but cannot provide for themselves. The rest their either need to scavenge, barter for, or commit acts of piracy to get hold of. As such, their equipment is rather basic -- mostly what they can manufacture onboard their orbital monastery.

Given their position, the chapter has very few large vehicles, instead relying on bikes, deep striking, or infiltrating.

Commander Decimus Urien leads the "Dead Dogs" warband/company. He is well known for his careful planning and fondness for infiltration and flanking maneuvers. counts as huron
>>
>>44123911
Urien is assisted by Captain Valarian Kallias. On paper, Kallias leads the company, but Urien is usually the one actually involved in leadership at that level.

Kallias leads the bike squadrons is a bold charges against the enemy vehicles and sometimes joins the melee himself with his favorite power axe. There is talk though that lately he hasn't been himself, and something about the way he never goes anywhere without that axe is just weird... lord with mark of khorne, bike, 5++, axe of blind rage, also two squads of bikers with 4 each, meltaguns

Brother-Sargeant Hieronymus leads a squad of twenty marines, usually in the field alongside Urien. Hieronymus's great level of experience play a strong role in his aggressive tactical style. Furthermore, he is tough as a brick and those who train under him are forced to tough it up. mark of slaanesh squad with icon of feel no pain

Also in the warband were some local mercenaries Kallias hired. Nobody is sure where he found those guys as they are the seediest bunch they've ever seen, but the Warpborn Regiment from the monastery wasn't yet ready to deploy. 20 cultists from the DV box

---

Sergeant Lucretia Thorne heads the 3rd inftantry platoon of the Warborn. She has a rather ornate chainsword she picked up somewhere and an manufactured autopistol. She believes she is destined for greatness and is willing to lead a platoon onto the battlefield prove it. Maybe she is nuts... Who knows? Maybe she'll win a challenge, roll hot on the Chaos Boon table and become a Daemon Prince (Princess?).
>>
>>44124146
Sounds like a fun group! How does the 20-man tac squad work out for you? I've been thinkng of getting another box once the holidays are over. Does the group use chainswords or just bolters?
Nice to see more people keeping the thread alive. I just got fired up and started writing.
>>
Krosis has a bitter hatred of the Legions of Nurgle, as they attempted to trap the Warband in the domain of Maldorox the Mindless, a powerful Nurgle Daemon Prince who sought to add the Sons to his Daemon-Space Hulk which was now the size of half a solar system. It is from here that all space hulks come and it is here they all return eventually, a place for Nurgle to accept the lost, bemused, or screaming passengers the hulks inevitably carry. Bound within the cells and very walls of the collossal daemon-hulk, millions of individuals scream for release. Pulled into the current of Maldorox's world, the Sons were initially captured and submerged, only for Krosis and Ausar to discover their cellmate, the Warpsmith Xylon. Krosis and Xylon used sorcery, science, and sheer hate to reforge Ausar's summoned swords into bolt rounds, krak grenades, and hateful daemon-bombs made from Screamers summoned by Krosis. Bursting across the daemon-world in an orgy of violence and explosions, the Sons of the Harvest managed to recover their men and free their own space hulk now dubbed "The Hateful Forge". However, escaping from the realm was another matter as it was watched over by Maldorox himself, boundless in his vigilance and strength as he was in stupidity.
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 848x3784) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 848x3784
>>44124244
As Ausar, Warpsmith Xylon, and the rest of the Sons fought a desperate running battle across the hull of the Forge and then through the halls of the ship, Krosis led every psyker they had liberated or stolen in a single effort to tear open the walls of the Empyrian and free themselves from the Nurglite prison. Though the effort cost fellow sorcerer Ido Orn three limbs to spawndom and mutation, as well as the death of almost every psychically active soul on board, they did manage to escape, Maldorox being cast back into the prison that he was both master and subject of. The escape gained the Sons a number of new recruits, including former Imperial soldiers to replace the Chaff, who had almost entirely been subsumed by the walls of the daemon-hulk. A number of traitor space marine squads were also freed and the Sons would later use these life-debts and bonds of brotherhood to call a major black crusade in M38 to swamp the sector in Chaos. Unfortunatly, they also happened to accidentally release a squad of Grey Knights who would bring word back to Titan of this dangerous warband...That's all I've got for now. Hope i've entertained anyone reading these. I've lost nearly every game I've played with these CSM, but I've enjoyed crafting their lore. I guess that's the consolation prize. Lost against DEldar, Necrons, tied Space Wolves, (that's like a victory right?), and lost to Khorne Daemonkin and then Nurgle daemons. I'm a fluffy player in a WAAC environment. :/
>>
>>44124216
Chainswords along with the huron blackheart counts-as. They always infiltrate or outflank and try to get into assault as soon as possible.

I don't have time to play the game so much and I am still working on the models, but when I ran squads like that in the past and the few test games they were very hit or miss. They have a lot more staying power then one might expect but they are a big fire magnet too. Getting them shot up when they are out of assault range really sucks, and from my experience infiltrating into open space is a very risky move as even if out of LoS (no small feat for a squad of that size) if the opponent gets first turn they may move and be able to fire at the squad. The offensive power of a basic space marine is just not as great as it could be and that shows in their performance.

As for the models, GW hasn't replaced the sculpts or molds in 10 years so if you are buying CSM you may be better buying used, though if you are handy with conversions there are tons of great new models in the fantasy and the new loyalist marine kits are gorgeous.

I really want figure out a way to model the cultists how I'd like (35 chainswords!) and get them built. Using cultists as an offensive unit instead of just as a scoring unit or tarpit sounds really fun.

Possessed would be fun to field too I think, but to fit the theme I'd need a lot of modeling. Think a more super zealous-and-slightly-unhinged Black Templar Crusader style squad than they way the official possessed kit looks.
>>
They were a crack commando unit was sent to a penal world by an Inquisitor for a crime they didn't commit. They promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the underworld of Hive Scintilla. Today, still wanted by the Imperium, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.
>>
>>44124353
Thanks for the encouragement and advice! I haven't been laying a superlong time either, only about two years, but I've been buying everything off of Ebay and I've gotten some good deals.

One thing I want to try next time I get a game in is to use that Mayhem Pack hellbrute formation where 3 hellbrutes deep strike at once. If I can get my terminators to deep strike as well and rush units forward, target saturation could force my opponent to make tough choices. But I'd need to look at points. Right nowI'm just hoping CSM get a decent update this year. How about you? What's on your wishlist if CSM get an update?
>>
>>44124392
10/10 would play against.
>>
File: slaanesh.jpg (142 KB, 1024x1117) Image search: [Google]
slaanesh.jpg
142 KB, 1024x1117
>>44114595
I only have the basics right now, but the idea behind my warband was that it was 3 smaller ones who joined together for mutual protection.

The first is the Ivory Devas, who are the smallest of the groups. They wear Marble-white armor, and they only have seven real members at any given time. The original seven members were renowned for their skills in the various arts, so the planetary governor decided to gather them all to work under him directly. However, as they grew bored with their station, they heard the whispers of darkness, eventually leading them to overthrow the governer. They encased all dissenters in plaster, posing them to suit their artistic tastes. Replacements from their group are drawn from a large number of cultists, who must display extreme skill in an artistic field, possess great combat skill, and pass a trial involving holding a singular pose for 9 days.

The second it the Wyverns of Din, a minor Space Marine chapter who had a more knightly outlook, famous for their solemn war-chants and thundering battle cries. Though their numbers were below strength, their Chapter Master sought to make up for their numbers with their ever louder shouts, seeking to demoralize the enemy using only their voices. At first it was mundane, though soon devolved into an obsession, rigging their helmets with speakers to amplify their voices, and spending training time composing new, ever more elaborate war-chants. Eventually, they were discovered by the Inqusition, many stayed to fight, dying in the process, though a handful fled, going to spread their battle cries elsewhere.

(cont)
>>
>>44124495
The last is the Amber Swarm, started by a rogue Tech Priest on a Forge-world covered in lush jungle. Primarily producing small arms and ammunition, he dreamed of working on a different forgeworld and creating the glorious battle-titans he had heard much about. In his day dreams, he spent much time outdoors, studying insects and imagining their small clashes as what a battle between titans might be like. He drew sketches, noting their forms and how every piece had a purpose. He ventured further and further into the jungle, seeking new specimens to examine, finding the simple insects a wonderful inspiration. Soon, he had the brilliant idea to take his sketches and create something new. A perfect machine of steel to show his fellow tech priests how boring their current manufacturing was. Soon one became many, and by the time he was discovered a swarm of metallic instects filled his chambers. He unleashed them upon his fellows, taking over the factory and setting his sights on larger creations.

The three groups met as the Devas and Wyverns were looking to expand, setting their sights on the Forgeworld for supplies. While the meeting was tense, eventually it was decided they would work together, the Devas skill and numbers, the Wyverns bringing strength and tactics, and the Tech Priest of the Swarm providing weapons and vehicles.
>>
>>44124448
Total wishlisting:

I'd like a new CSM kit and a box of chaos cultists that don't look like space hobos (they are WS3/BS3 and they should dress like it!)

I'd also like to see points costs for several things get a re-examination. I've done a lot of analysis on cultists and while they are a good unit I am not sure I can ever recommend ever giving them marks, and even giving them autoguns up their points per model by 25%, which is really huge when you consider 1) they trade their close combat weapon for it 2) an autogun is just not that good a weapon. Right now the CSM motto is kind of "pay more for less." I love love the specialized marines like Terminators, Chosen, Possessed, Raptors, etc but a high points per model along with single wound models leads to disaster much of the time.

I'd also like to see a lot more transport and wargear choices, especially non-codex-astartes adherent things. Who says they can't have Chimeras, Baneblades, or even tech-heresy?
>>
>>44124597
The Chaos dex is full of things paying a premium for the ability to pay even more for basic competence.
>>
>>44124597
I'm hoping for plastic 1k sons to go with the Tzneetch theme 2016 will supposedly have, mYbe new Havocs. On the crunch side, reduced costs for regular csm and all the icon/mark junk. Better methods to assult if we're going to be an assault and challenge-based army. Also wouldn't say no to more daemon engines.
>>
>>44124530
That Amber Swarm is such a cool idea! Good job.
>>
>>44124597
>chaos cultists that don't look like space hobos
that's just guard with no aquilas, then
>>
>>44124793
Glad you liked it. I was debating a number of directions for a Slaanesh warband, so eventually I just decided to group them all together.

The Amber Swarm I had the idea for after asking myself why only Khorne would have Brass Scorpions, and the insect theme just sprung up from there.
>>
>>44124806
the cadian kit is also really old, so really, would that be so bad?
>>
File: Marine.jpg (65 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
Marine.jpg
65 KB, 400x500
Just a fun idea I toyed around with once.
Chapter recruited from several worlds in a system where the Ecclesciary and Mechanicus were fighting over in secret. Using both sides, they managed to be exceptionally well equipped. But the ever squabbling planets soon thrown themselves into an open civil war, with both Imperial factions stoking the fire. In the end it was the Ecclesiarchy that won, but they now ruled over a few planets desolated by war. The Chapter was denied additional recruits and equipment and they soon had to start improvising, relying on questionable sources. In the end, they openly rebelled and went renegade. And of course this slowly led into Chaos. Nowadays the warband is constantly on the brink of total destruction,because of several problems they have. Relations between brothers were always strained, because even the hypno induction couldn't take away their loyalties and pride to their homeplanets, or even the hive they were born. And the majority of those who seek Chaos turn to either Khorne or Slaanesh, further dividing even those that were from the same planet.
It's just an oversimplified, shitty and edgy version of Yugoslavia in speehs
>>
>>44124845
Well, no, but they could just update the cadian and catachan boxes instead, and release a multipart DV-style-cultist kit for the people who like their cultists made up of rag-tag citizens.
>>
>>44125260
Nice color scheme and the Yugoslav conflict in spehhs is always fun. As someone who's been studying the Slavic states for the past three years, I can say it fits right in with Chaos. So cyclically violent and petty it's almost funny rather than sad.
>>
>>44125342
The scheme is literally just the Yugo flag, it's that subtle.
And I wouldn't call us petty. Arguably they are retarded reasons, but when 90% of arguments always devolve into us vs them, it makes sense.
That's the theme of Khorne/Slaanesh worship, the views of extreme left and right
>>
File: Crimson Slaughter - Marine (2).jpg (542 KB, 1000x1251) Image search: [Google]
Crimson Slaughter - Marine (2).jpg
542 KB, 1000x1251
Bump
>>
>>44114595
If this thread is stil up by the time I get home, ill post my fluff
>>
File: 1440976211703.jpg (62 KB, 638x636) Image search: [Google]
1440976211703.jpg
62 KB, 638x636
>>44126732
That's true. Sorry about the petty comment, I've been writing this 20 pg essay about Eastern European relations with Western Europe and it's mentally exhausting to read through so many news reports and meeting minutes.
>>
File: 1435264945968.jpg (212 KB, 850x608) Image search: [Google]
1435264945968.jpg
212 KB, 850x608
bump.
>>
File: NLvsIF.jpg (68 KB, 736x519) Image search: [Google]
NLvsIF.jpg
68 KB, 736x519
Inb4 my eng sucks, keep that in mind

It's just an little outline, I've made some time ago for a campaign. My warband is composed from two groups of remnants (Night Lords & some random warband that praises Nurgle - if you have any decent idea for a name, share it, I'll be grateful) that took their part in one of Word Bearers crusades. The thing is, Word Bearers decided to fuck up with them, and sabotaged the whole operation (they wanted to harvest as much geen seed as possible as the offering to the dark gods, the thing is the loyalist one wasn't enough), however a few of them managed to escape.

Their ships were damaged and they ended up drifting in the warp storms for some time before their technicians managed to get them out some of them started to show heavy (even for plague marines) signs of mutations. Legionaries who were granted a new flesh started an open conflict with the ones that weren't. Sections of the ship became an ever changing frontlines. In the end, one of the mutated brothers went on a rampage and killed other of his new kin. He cleansed all of the decks they used to hold and that was the moment when his mortal form shattered and he became a daemon prince. His feat of power and somehow reasonable decision to cut down all of the mutants was enough to make a thin thread that connected the survivors.

There was nothing much to do, other than look for as most defenseless colony as possible and raid it, so they may even stand a chance against being overtaken by other warband or hunted down by imperium. Oh, how wrong they were with the world that was supposed to be their pray (pic related). And basically was their prologue to the campaign.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.