[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warmachine/Hordes General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: 1449778049356.jpg (23 KB, 573x596) Image search: [Google]
1449778049356.jpg
23 KB, 573x596
Get hype for Menoth!

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
>textuploader <DOT> com / 5rkfo
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
> https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
> https://www.forwardkommander.com
>http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
> http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Aug%202015.pdf
Steamroller Rules
> http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
> http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
> http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issu
Your Dudes
>http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-2-3-2014
Abridged Lore
>gargantuans abridged: http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
>hordes abridged: http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
>abridged devastation: http://pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj

Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
>http://ironkingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
How do we homebrew Black Ogrun into a decent unit?
>>
>>44114494
I thought some people say they're half decent

maybe assault? I dunno
>>
>>44114494
they already are. They do their tasks. It's just that the task is something cryx really doesn't care about.
>>
>>44115430
What is their task?
>>
>>44115504
look at what their harpoon guns do

gee I wonder
>>
>>44115562
Drag? On a medium base?
>>
is having both Hutchuck and Gorman too overkill?
>>
>>44116630
they fill completely different roles. It might be overkill in support but I would not think that's a plain overkill.
>>
File: 41132_SavioMonteroAcosta_WEB.jpg (47 KB, 479x479) Image search: [Google]
41132_SavioMonteroAcosta_WEB.jpg
47 KB, 479x479
>OP is Pyrus, flameguard hero
SUPER SOLO EDITION

When is Acosta worth his points when taken in Highborn Covenant? What role does he fill?
>>
>>44119486
Drawing fire of every boostable weapons in existence.

Ashlyn turns him stupid as fuck under feat and quicken
>>
>>44119523
Then is becomes a question of: is he worth his 3 points, and is quicken worth putting on him instead of, say, nyss
>>
>>44119486
>worth his points

GOTTA GO FAST
>>
File: jws31z5.jpg (64 KB, 666x620) Image search: [Google]
jws31z5.jpg
64 KB, 666x620
>>44114011
that is such a fucking shitty sculpt

glad i bailed on menoth
>>
>>44120851
What's so bad about it?
>>
>>44120861
all that mass being held on by a tiny hourglass point to the base. it's gonna snap like a motherfucker

might as well just have a pin going from the base to his foot for 2 inches with nothing else
>>
>>44120933

Meh, its plastic. Not too much weight on that joint, and its got like half the foot on the rocks.

Lightyears better than PP's earlier metal abominations.

LOOKING AT YOU CRABJACKS
>>
>>44120763
plenty of models exist to purely die. Doomreavers all die and khador players put them in for 6 pts.

Gorman is a dead weight 90% of the time.
>>
File: CrabJack_Sculptor.gif (830 KB, 222x568) Image search: [Google]
CrabJack_Sculptor.gif
830 KB, 222x568
>>44121862

Crab Jacks were the worst. Did they ever make a plastic more of them?
>>
>>44119486
Ashlynn and MacBain both do fucking stupid things with him, he hits too hard to let live but both of their feats make him borderline invincible. Ironically he'd also be bullshit good with ConnieB, but she's a bigot who won't even work with honest patriotic Thamarites like him.

In general he's fast and durable enough to be worth his points against anything but a hardcore gunline, the trick against moderate shooting opponents is using Righteous Vengeance to catapult him forward rather than just running him up and praying. He can kill most things short of a heavy, and even then he'll rip off a system with his charge attack pretty trivially.
>>
>>44122252
Wait, so he's a Thamarite out in public? I thought they were supposed to hide there religion. Or maybe the church of Morrow has him on some secret blacklist along with Ragman of all people.
>>
My LGS is going to be starting up a Journeyman league in the next few months. I really like Legion (Lylyth looks really cool to me) and I've put together a 35 point list I can work towards with the 2 player box set. What do you guys think of it? Any recommended changes?

Faction: Legion of Everblight
Casters: 1/1
Lylyth, Herald of Everblight (*6pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Carnivean (11pts)
* Scythean (9pts)
Blighted Nyss Archers (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
Blighted Ogrun Warspears (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)
>>
>>44122398
nix the archers and scythean for now.

You will absolutely need beast support with lylyth, so I suggest a forsaken who can keep behind your carnivean and soak up some of his fury. Additionally, I would get the UA for the warspears, as that turns them from okayish to really good. The archers are just bad.
>>
>>44122432
I was really torn between archers and swordsmen. What should I use in replacement of the Scythean? I've heard that they're pretty decent beatsticks. I was kinda looking at a Seraph. Also, what does UA mean?
>>
File: 1449689931699.jpg (52 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1449689931699.jpg
52 KB, 640x640
>>44122398
>>44122432
I'd probably try this, if you can. You'll use everything else you have to buy for it in other lists, so none of it will be a wasted investment.

System: Hordes
* Shredder (2pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Carnivean (11pts)
* Seraph (8pts)
* Warspear Chieftan (2pts)
The Forsaken (2pts)
The Forsaken (2pts)

The seraph isn't great, but with Lylyths feat turn he can do some real big damage, especially if you use it on the Parasite target. The warspears can do a lot of damage on a charge against a prey target, and will scrap whatever their prey is on a feat turn. The carnivean can work as another heavy hitter, but don't get too aggressive unless you know you can get the first strike in, spiny growth helps keep him defended but he'll go down if someone wants it to die.

The shredders can easily work as fire and forget missiles if you need to, but keep one alive for its Animus, it's really good.
>>
>>44122505
UA is a unit attachment, which is an add on to a unit that helps improve its capabilities. In this case, the UA for the warspears gives you Relentless charge (Charges gain pathfinder basically, not normal movement), and huntsman, which allows you to mark a target in your enemies army as prey, which lets the Ogrun move faster if they're close, as well as getting +attack and damage bonuses, both are really good.
>>
>>44121869
Much like everything in the game... That ten percent when he is useful is just so good that you always throw him in.

Making him a constant in so many lists.

>>44122398
Have you bought the archers yet? They are very niche aside from Lylyth1 meaning you won't get much use of them.

I would consider the Warspears UA to attach to the Unit. Makes them hit harder and more accurately against the prey target.

I would get a shepherd or forsaken to help with fury management and boosting from farther away.

Scythean could work with Lylyth, but the biggest issue is that Lylyth might not be able to support her all that well.

I would look into some light warbeasts like the Naga or Bolt Thrower. If you really want to go 2 heavies I would choose the Ravagore instead of the Scythean since the ranged weapon forces to engage and you have a melee Monster in the form of Carnivean.
>>
>>44122511
>>44122555
>>44122604
Thank you all very much. I'm now just torn between the Ravagore and the Seraph. I like big ass monsters on the field so I'm gonna run 2 heavies. The best part about this list is that in total it will probably wind up costing me like 90 bucks which I think is pretty cheap. I like both models but I don't know which one would work better with Lylyth. Also, I had to buy the eLylyth model online. Will there be any drastic differences between eLylyth and the Lylyth that comes in the 2 player box?
>>
>>44122789
Ravagore is never a bad choice, but I feel Seraph helps work with Lyl1's toolkit more than the rava. Your big problem with Lylyth and the list in general will be she's very good at what she does, which will be rushing the enemy and attempting to murder as much as her army can on feat turn. That will be incredibly transparent though, so some people might try to bait you into over extending yourself or playing around your tactics.
>>
>>44122604
>5/8 longgunners
>bade
I hate legion players
>>
>>44122333
Being a Thamarite isn't illegal or anything, it's frowned upon, but the idea that all Thamarites are necromancy-practicing baby murderers is not accurate.
>>
>>44121894
It's a common complaint.

Even if it gets lost in the fact that you only need ten or so models for both games.

>>44122789
Epic Lylyth is the newer version with different rules than the starter.

Epic Lylyth is also known as Death: Destroyer of casters.

She really really likes the Ravagore. Since the feat gives an additional shot per beast and an additional Ravagore shot is really fucking good.

The most common build base is double Ravagore, a Naga Nightlurker and a Bolt Thrower at 35 pts with a very heavy emphasis on battlegroup. Kills casters dead and makes pro players groan.
>>
>>44122921
hello, fellow guildballer
>>
File: 138626954305.gif (1 MB, 350x272) Image search: [Google]
138626954305.gif
1 MB, 350x272
>>44122839
Your LongGunners can get buffed up to ridiculous levels and you never take them.

Our LongGunners have had no support until the blight bringer and you expect us to field them?

Warmachine is all about breaking shit and stretching the rulebooks asshole. You ain't breaking shit with Archers.
>>
>>44122921
Yeah. I'm buying the Legion half of a 2 player starter from a buddy of mine for like 40 bucks but it doesn't have Lylyth in it. I was looking around for a Lylyth model and couldn't find one, but I found eLylyth on ebay for 10 bucks so picked it up. He has the cards for lyl1 so I'll probably just wind up using the eLylyth model with Lyl1 rules at least until I can swap the casters out in week 4 or 5 I believe of the league.
>>
>>44122921
Epic lylyth is also known as the friendship killer. Do not play her if you want to remain friends with people.
>>
>>44116630
I dont think anyone can have both
>>
File: Druid_problems.png (1 MB, 1100x731) Image search: [Google]
Druid_problems.png
1 MB, 1100x731
>>44123180
She's a Warning caster.
One you give warning before plopping on the table.

Besides, this guy is just starting out and she only becomes stupid when she gets her whole kit assembled.
>>
>>44123209
cygnar, khador, 4 star, highborn
>>
>>44123264
Are Saeryn, and Evayl also warning casters?
>>
>>44122604
>>44122511
>>44122921
>>44123180
So, I've come up with these two lists redoing this since my last post fucked up.

First list for week 6:
Lylyth, Shadow of Everblight (*5pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Ravagore (10pts)
* Ravagore (10pts)
The Forsaken (2pts)
The Forsaken (2pts)

Second list for weeks 1-5 (bulding up):
* Shredder (2pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Carnivean (11pts)
* Seraph (8pts)
The Forsaken (2pts)
The Forsaken (2pts)
>>
>>44123311
Those two have counter play aside from "pray the dice fail".

Though of those two, Saeryn is the easiest to learn and do really well with. Vayl2 takes some brain matter to make stupid good.

Not many "gotchas" with those two sides their feats though.
>>
>>44123373
Gotcha. Saeryn and Pthags are my primary casters. I know Pthags has plenty of counters.
>>
>>44123037
I would just use lylyth2 because her prime form is one of the worst locs in the game
>>
>>44119486
He can murder warbeasts and can be invincible with the correct buffs. The dude is worth it in pretty much every Highborn list. He's probably worth taking in any Cygnar list too but Cygnar players are too stupid to realize this
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.