[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Force of Will General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 42
File: allyoucandoisfight.png (1 MB, 745x1040) Image search: [Google]
allyoucandoisfight.png
1 MB, 745x1040
Didn't see one, so I thought I'd make one.
>What are you playing?
>What are you brewing?
>Favorite card?
>What do you think the meta will be like now that TTW has dropped?
>>
File: Vlad_Tepes.jpg (200 KB, 557x777) Image search: [Google]
Vlad_Tepes.jpg
200 KB, 557x777
Just put together creatureless Vlad. I think it should play pretty well against the bajillion red aggro decks.
>>
>>44112223
Coolio, bro. Mind sharing the list? I've been hearing about this deck, but haven't seen a list for it yet.
>>
File: 2015-12-11 16.06.45.jpg (7 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-11 16.06.45.jpg
7 MB, 5312x2988
Cracking all this open soon. Wish me luck!
>>
>>44112576
Best of luck, man. Hopefully you get one of those ubers or a god pack.
>>
>>44113772
I'm hoping. Would be nice to get something like that. I'm really just hoping to get a playset of everything
>>
>>44112460
Not that guy, but I also have a nearly creatureless Vlad deck. The important parts are 4x dark pulse and 3-4x awakening at the end. Aside from that, just shit tons of removal and counterspells. I've only lost against Pricia (ugh) and a mirror match where he had 20 stones to my 10.
>>
File: machina.png (1 MB, 615x845) Image search: [Google]
machina.png
1 MB, 615x845
>>44111508
Who /LORDOFMACHINES/ here?
>>
File: 20151210_182555.jpg (7 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151210_182555.jpg
7 MB, 5312x2988
I've opened a box of every set since it's release (in the USA) besides SKL. I figure get a box per release and then get singles of anything else I might need after trades.

Cracked my TTW box today and got this god pack, nice.
Also got a stamped R/R and immediately traded it for a basic R/R, basic Valentina, and a couple dollar rares.
>>
>>44112460
This is the list I'm basing mine off of.
>>
I need some unconditional removal in RUG. Please help.
>>
File: Grimm,_the_Fairy_Tale_Prince.jpg (40 KB, 250x349) Image search: [Google]
Grimm,_the_Fairy_Tale_Prince.jpg
40 KB, 250x349
Thinking about getting into this game, been playing magic for almost 7 years now, what are some cool lists I could play? I like MtG control, combo, and graveyard decks.

Was looking at pic related because I don't see how having survival of the fittest at all times can be bad.
>>
>>44115299
Grimm is none of those things, but he's solid tier 2 right now.

Fortunately, with how wonky the new sets are, just about every deck can see at least tier 2 play. The format's ridiculously healthy right now.
>>
>>44115185
Uhhhhhhh you're playing the wrong colors, son.
Blue has some good bounce and red has conditional removal. Green has stories if you're playing liberator?
>>
>>44114664
Nobody, nigger. He's bad.
>>
>>44117241
I top 8'd with him at a big tourney. Just gotta build him right
>>
>>44117346
Sauce or it didn't happen.
>>
File: 1447586283438.jpg (288 KB, 731x1000) Image search: [Google]
1447586283438.jpg
288 KB, 731x1000
I'm a shameless fa/tg/uy weaboo who has been looking at these cards at my LGS with trepidation. How is the game? How does it measure up to MtG? How much of a money sink is it?
>>
>>44117465
It is mtg with less deep of a catalog of cards. Super fun and the most expensive decks are like half of a standard deck in cost.
>>
>>44117465
Cute Estelle.
>>
>>44117579
Tales girls are best girls.
>>
>>44117465
I only just started play FoW, but it's fun especially since there's no such thing as getting mana screwed. Decks are much cheaper compared to MTG. Top decks run at about $100.
>>
Pulled Overlord Val today and I have no idea how to build a deck with her. Anyone have a suggestion that isn't 28regalia.dec?
>>
Thinking of going to a draft for this today.
Any recommended resources for learning I've only played a little magic but never got too much into it
>>
so I finally started seeing people play this at my lgs after it started stocking it

I now see 6 to 4 people at a time playing it now instead of none and I know a few other guys that played when the owner pulled out a box for drafts

so hows the scene looking for your guys?
>>
My LGS is doing the prerelease next Saturday for some reason, is there a Valentina Overlord playmat for each person in the prerelease kits or is it limited?
>>
File: Hastur_the_Unspeakable.jpg (194 KB, 533x752) Image search: [Google]
Hastur_the_Unspeakable.jpg
194 KB, 533x752
Is there any point for me to buy cards if I'm 6 month a year away from any place that could play it, and I cant attend the FoW nights?

I love the concept of the game, but I just dont have the time.
>>
>>44120435
Collect the anime inspired artwork
>>
>>44120481
I'm a booster addict, so I try to stay away from booster as much as possible. But the game look so fun. I kinda want to buy the Vangolf just to have two decks to play with.
>>
File: ENMPR032.jpg (242 KB, 556x777) Image search: [Google]
ENMPR032.jpg
242 KB, 556x777
>>
>>44120546
Then don't get vingolf. There aren't decks in there.
There's already faria vs melgis starter decks, and five new ones are coming out soon.
>>
>>44121229
The five new ones already came. They came out the same day as TWW.
>>
Hey guys, my LGS got some starter decks in yesterday and a few of us got one. I got the white one with Ayla in, played a couple games, enjoyed it, so bought 6 boosters of what I believe is the new set. The catch is, the first pack I opened contained 10 stamped foil super rares. Where do I sell these fuckers in the UK to make my money back? These have gotta be worth something. I might use this stamped foil Viviane, Lady of the Lake though. Fairies seem good.
>>
>>44121870
Sell to me for free.
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 507x749) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 507x749
>>44121870
That's what I've heard called a God Pack, supposedly the odds are something like 1 every 4 boxes. You should sell them online though, I haven't heard of any stores buying or selling singles yet.
>>
>Want to make a qt dragon deck
>Sylvia is 14 USD

I guess I should just invest in a booster box
>>
I'm coming from mtg aswell, took a demo of the game and enjoyed it.
Now I want to start playing in a semi-competitive way (tournaments at my lgs and whatever) so what should I buy first?
>>
>>44124115
If you want to start a collection fast, Vangolf is pretty good since it's the only way to get cards like Thunder in the US.
Also, Force of Will have less cards by Sets than Magic. With a single box, it's not rare to have full sets of 4 rares.
>>
>>44124231

Does that Vingolf thing has enough cards to build a deck instantly or should I buy a box with it?
>>
File: 61pPRWwexIL.jpg (76 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
61pPRWwexIL.jpg
76 KB, 500x294
>>44124498
It contain 218 cards
http://force-of-will-tcg.wikia.com/wiki/Vingolf:_Engage_Knights

It's a good starting point, but if you want to be competitive, you should buy some boosters.

The main theme of the Grimm set is fairy tales. A lot of historic or fairy tales figures in Anime girl.

Alice cluster will be kind of different theme wise.

Standard is called New Frontier and is a 2 year format like Magic. Right now the legal formats are Grimm and Alice.
Valhalla, who was a Japanese only release is not legal outside of some Origin format.

The Vangolf is in the Grimm Cluster and contain reprints from the Valhalla cluster
>>
File: meh.jpg (695 KB, 2160x1216) Image search: [Google]
meh.jpg
695 KB, 2160x1216
Not nearly as good as my last box, but the stamped Sylvia is nice and I got some good trades at the LGS

Also trying to make a legit burn deck with Barrier of flame.
None of that half aggro "red deck wins" horse shit either.
Splashing Water and Wind for card draw to get it nice and tight, so far its really fun to play.
>>
>>44124790
Yeah, I like that FoW has full art foils kinda like Pokemon does. And they are kinda common too. 6-8 by box?
>>
>>44124805
Yeah, I think I got about 8 stamps in my last box too
>>
Anyone know of any upcoming events/tournaments? Want to see what the meta for first few weeks are.
>>
>>44124805
its 8 full art, 5 foil stones one of each color, 2 rulers ( 1 stamped ) and around half the box is super rares.
>>
Can comment on my local scene now

No one fucking turned up for the draft the day after a set releases
>>
>>44123644
I have an extra one. Will trade it?
>>
>>44126065
Yeah, a lot of people seem to disregard it because it has anime girls in it. It's not too bad here in Montreal as far as I know. At least two store have FoW Night with either Draft or Standard play.
>>
So, what do you guys think about the game? Will it last? Is there any reason why Magic players wont try the game? Is it the artwork?

Do you think with the Alice Cluster being "darker" and less cutesy anime girls, that it will attract more people?
>>
>>44128948
I hope it lasts. My lgs is full of people that play Magic competitively and we use it kind of as our chill out game. I really like the way rulers play in this game, makes me think of what EDH should have been.
>>
>>44129587
Yeah, and you can switch rulers between games too which is fun. I really want to get in the game, but I just cant due to my work hours.
>>
I have a few question for you guys as a magic player thinking about possibly getting into this. How expensive is it to make a not top tier deck but one that will at least hold its own. Are there different formats and rotations?
If someone wanted to give me a quick rundown of the game that would be awesome!
>>
>>44128948
I don't think there's less cutesy anime girls this set, Lance got reprinted as a girl and Percy's art is more sexualized. I just show off Cthulhu cards if I'm trying to get someone into the game that doesn't care for the waifu aspect.

>>44129804
Look up a Little Red the True Fairy Tale deck list. It's at least tier 2 if not still tier 1 and can be put together for around 30-40 dollars. There are a few other good cheap decks you can put together but that's the one I see recommended most often. The new starters decks just came out as well and in my opinion, they're worth it the money. Here's the decklists for them
http://fowtcg.com/news/5-starter-decks-is-release-on-december-2015/
The clusters rotate every two years, the two most current clusters are standard.
>>
>>44129804
I think it's around 80 max if you build a full deck.
Unless you want full Stamped and Foil. But yeah it's pretty cheap really. Booster boxes have less cards, this mean you can buy a booster boy and get sets of rares and super rares somewhat easily.
>>
What should I build? I kinda wanna play control but I have no Cheshires and can't really afford them.
>>
>>44130472
if you want to play control you usually want to play wind or dark/fire. Blue has the best card draw but not much else. I'd recommend Vlad as your ruler as she allows a lot of leeway with how you build your deck and you never have to Judgement.
>>
File: 47639847_p0.jpg (612 KB, 612x836) Image search: [Google]
47639847_p0.jpg
612 KB, 612x836
>>44130607
Eh, maybe I'll just buckle down and play Vlad. Doesn't really seem like my playstyle but does seem like something I'd be able to get used to. I really like blue though
>>
>>44130805
If you don't want to play Vlad there's plenty of alternatives like Saint Alice, Scherezade, Valentina, Dark Pandora, and Jeanne d'Arc. I personally run a red/blue Jeanne Control that uses resonators like Snow White and Lancelot to control their field, Jeanne + Moojdart stone to threaten to kill their J-ruler, and squire of the ocean lady + voice of the false god to maintain handsize.
>>
>>44131143
I was thinking Saint Alice, but I have no idea where to start. It also seems like it really wants Cheshires.
>>
>>44131592
Here's a RUG Saint Alice deck that doesn't run Cheshires
http://fowtcg.us/deck-building/saint-alice-control/
>>
>Oh cool Arla fetches angels, what angels are there?
>1 good one, 2 shit ones, the good one can only fetch the shit ones
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 560x383) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 560x383
>>44132710
>no new angels this set
>>
>>44132710
Force of Will has a lot of decks that focus on having a lot of different Resonators types. But yeah, more Angels would be great.
>>
>>44134373
I just get the impression that I'm forced into playing a tribe.
>>
>>44134450
Sure, but there is a big combo card that make you take an another turn that cost 8, but cost 1 colorless less for each tribe that is unique.
So you could easily take 5 turns in a row at turn like 3 with a card like this.

But yeah, Angel seem like it would work well as a tribe.
>>
>>44134450
From what?
>>
>>44134532
Not him but I'm assuming it's because of all the cards with tribal effects from the Grimm block like Red Moon, Pale Moon, Grimm, Dracula, Christie, and so on.
>>
>>44127706
>I dont like the anime style girl shit.

Fuck those people. I came from MtG primarily for the anime girls. I remember looking at MtG for the longest time and thinking, "Man this would be great if it had anime shit in it."

Now we weebs can finally have a magic that isnt dominated by fedora wearing siege rhino fucktards.
>>
>>44127591
Trade for what, and how?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3049x1971) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3049x1971
Just got my letter from the TTW promotion. Anyone else get it yet?
>>
>>44135013
What promotion was this?
>>
> Open three boxes of TTW earlier
> Four Valentinas, two Dark Alices, one Sylvia
> No Reflect/Refrain

I'd be mad except one of those Valentinas is the monochrome foil-stamped one.
>>
>>44135806
Nice.
Man, I really just want to buy a box and open it. But I'll never play with them. Dammit.
>>
>>44135736
The one on the official site that had the timer and all that. It was back in October IIRC

>>44135806
Grats on the monochrome Val, I really hope I pull one.
>>
>>44136098

Worst part is, I have an unopened CMF box I bought by accident with the TTW ones, thinking it was TAT. I have literally no use for anything inside except maybe a single Tell A Fairy Tale, since I bought a CMF box at Gencon and pulled Grimm in one of my first few packs. I'm not even sure whether I should bother opening it or just save it until CMF goes out of print and sell to a collector or something.
>>
File: alicebnw3.png (2 MB, 734x1004) Image search: [Google]
alicebnw3.png
2 MB, 734x1004
>>44135806

Looks great.
>>
File: valentinaandsylvia.png (2 MB, 1370x816) Image search: [Google]
valentinaandsylvia.png
2 MB, 1370x816
>>44136439
>>44135806
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 528x735) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 528x735
>>44136342
Damn, you could probably resell it on amazon or ebay for a little under what you got it for. Also, mind posting a picture of your monochrome Val's ruler side? I haven't been able to find a picture of it yet
>>
so the owner of my lgs said he's getting the starter decks soon

whats the difference between each, I don't wanna spend money on a box of packs if I'm not sure I'll like this game
>>
File: 81O3Lkr.jpg (946 KB, 3763x2117) Image search: [Google]
81O3Lkr.jpg
946 KB, 3763x2117
>>44136642

Sure, here you go. The J-Ruler side is so difficult to get a good pic of because of how goddamn shiny it is.
>>
>>44136679
Here's the decklists
http://fowtcg.com/news/5-starter-decks-is-release-on-december-2015/
Arla is probably the strongest due to Artemis Bows, they all have some good cards for their colors though and a full playset of their respective regalia. I wanna say Rezzard is the weakest of the starter decks.

>>44136832
That looks awesome, thanks!
>>
Here's my Pricia deck. Any advice? I don't have much/any of the new set yet, so i'll wait to pull/trade/buy the new 2 drop Pricia.

I'm considering running the ramp/counterspell package, but i'm not sure yet. Waiting for my roommates to get home to play some FoW.

Pricia
4x Horn of Sacred Beasts
4x The Beast Queen's Guardians (too cute)
4x Rapid Growth
4x Holy Ground of the Four Sacred Beasts
4x The Beast Queen's Counter Attack
4x Keen Sense
4x Quin Long
4x Zhu Que
4x Bai Hu
4x Xuan Hu

Not sold on the holy grounds/counter attacks/rapid growths. The growths will be more worth it once I get the new Pricia. Also not sold on the Holy Grounds, since it's mostly there to filter draws or double up on a sacred beast I could use.

Things will be better once I pick up a playset of the new Pricia. Not sure what color to splash, if any. Usually don't just run straight 4 ofs for everything but I was out of ideas.
>>
>>44137511
I'd splash red for some burn and Banzai Attacks as a finisher. That Phoenix from TTW looks like it would be fun in a Pricia deck too. You almost always want to splash a color with Pricia so you can cast some of your sacred beasts after you Judgement.
>>
>>44137814
...that's a good point, I didn't think about that.
Banzai would be a good finisher, but wouldn't the one +600/+600 one be better in the case that I don't lose? I was never a big fan of all or nothing cards like Banzai, even though they're undeniably strong.

I could splash red for thunders, or maybe the new 2 red burn that removes imperishable... I ended up cutting 2 Holy Grounds and 2 Counter Attacks for 4 Familiar of Holy Wind just to make sure i'm not emptying my hand and being out of steam.
>>
>>44137908
>>44137814
*Don't win
>>
So Ive been casually playing the game and have a few decks built. Just wondering, is there an equivalent to mtgtop8 for this game? Im curious to see whats dominating the meta.
>>
>>44137943
FoWTavern dot com is a good site. They post articles with spoilers from the new sets, deck techs for some cool brews they see at events, and have decklists for winning tournaments. Most big ones, though I haven't seen any updates under that list in a bit though, but the articles mention a lot of it.
>>
>>44137908
The reason I suggest Banzai over Sprint is that your creatures get pierce(trample). You might also consider running Sissei over Holy Grounds.
>>
>>44138126
The one thing I don't like about Sissei is the card draw engine feels like it'd be expensive, but I don't know as i've not played the deck yet.
>>
>>44138173
The +200/200 to all beasts and sacred beasts is the reason I recommend it, the card draw ability isn't that good but it is nice if you end up emptying your hand.
>>
>>44138426
I just fear it might b a dead card sometimes.
>>
Dont the Vingolf come with enough cards to make 2 decks? Should I buy that before buying a Starter pack?
>>
>>44140536
Kind of. You end up with one good ruler but two of every dual stone and quite a few staple cards like thunder and stoning to death. I'd say it has more value than the starter decks if you're just starting because Vlad doesn't require any specific colors so you can experiment with your deck and try out all the colors.
>>
so gameplays somewhat like Magic

what about the colors, do they generally do more or same as in Magic?
>>
File: ENMPR021J.jpg (289 KB, 556x777) Image search: [Google]
ENMPR021J.jpg
289 KB, 556x777
>>44141469
Pretty much. The main difference is that Mana is in an exterior deck. So you never get mana flooded or mana droughts. If you want mana, Tap the JRuler and you draw a random stone.

Also, there is less phases, it plays more like Hearthstone in that sense. You can attack, summon a minion, cast a spell, then attack with an another minion and ect. There is no attack phase. Each minion attack and resolve one at a time.

Most stuff work like in Magic, except First Strike mostly. First Strike only apply if you attacked with the minion, it does not work in Defense.
>>
File: tumblr_nrz9gqAblq1ub7gs0o1_500.jpg (92 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrz9gqAblq1ub7gs0o1_500.jpg
92 KB, 500x349
>>44141469
Black is mostly Evil or Dark stuff. Like Vampires, Undead, Negative status.

Red is Direct Damage or boosting the attack or Zergling

Green is good with getting a lot of Drawing or Mana

White is good at healing, protecting and ect

Blue is good at control, counters

So yeah, pretty much just like Magic.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 362x506) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 362x506
>>44141775
>blue
>counters

I think you mean green
>>
>>44141775
Are you kidding? Green is THE control color in FoW.
>topkek zone
>>
>>44141469
>>44141469
Blue is blue, green is also blue and it's also green, red is red, black is black, and white is white.
>>
>>44141469
http://force-of-will-tcg.wikia.com/wiki/Symbol_Skill
You should take a look at the ability rulings, the mechanics are a bit different like how First Strike only activates on your turn so it doesn't help if you're blocking.
>>
>tfw from the UK
>tfw this game has only just come out over here
>tfw no one has any good cards
>tfw can't run more than one colour remotely easily because no one has dual stones
>tfw everyone is just playing starter decks
>>
>>44112223
>Vlad Tepes
> Some fucking anime girl
I have no idea why i'm so godamn mad right now.
>>
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 557x777) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 557x777
>>44142838
There's a lot more where that came from.
>>
>>44143027
How is this game popular again?
>>
File: Julius_Caesar_(J).jpg (253 KB, 557x777) Image search: [Google]
Julius_Caesar_(J).jpg
253 KB, 557x777
>>44142838
What is wrong with Vlad Tepes bra?
>>
If I have Magic Stone of Moon Light/Shade out at the same time, does that mean Light can produce any color?
>>
>>44143127
What is wrong with historic people being shown as Anime girls? It's mostly in a specific set called Vingolf though.
Other sets still do that, but less. For example you have Perceval as a women.

I dont see the problem. At least it's not generic stuff.
>>
>>44143127
For 14yo's who can't get porn anywhere else.
>>
>>44143238
You do know the internet exist right?
>>
>>44143260
or for weebs who think everything they do has to involve half naked anime girls.
>>
>>44143127
it doesn't have the mana inconsistency problem of mtg is slightly cheaper and is pretty fun.
>>
>>44143376
I can't take part in a game that turns history's greatest badasses into weeaboo fapbait.
>>
File: Call_of_Cthulhu.jpg (64 KB, 521x752) Image search: [Google]
Call_of_Cthulhu.jpg
64 KB, 521x752
>>44143302
It's a japanese game. I like the art style is different and look great.

And it's a great game.
>>
>>44143420
The artstyle is japanese. So it looks just like every other japanese artstyle.
>>
>>44143409
you seem really insecure, you are aware not everything has to appeal to you.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (79 KB, 539x763) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
79 KB, 539x763
>>44143409
A you serious? Come on dude. It's one specific set of cards. Are you that against fun?
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 854x859) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 854x859
>>44143420
>>
>>44143453
Yes it does.
>>
File: img121.jpg (189 KB, 556x777) Image search: [Google]
img121.jpg
189 KB, 556x777
>>44143452
For specific cards? yes. It has generic art too for other stuff.

I'm honestly kind of tired of generic fantasy art. Everything is Fantasy Medieval now.
>>
>>44143523
>>44143456
>>44143420
These are okay but why the historical person loli shit?
>>
>>44143558
It was some game called Vingolf or something and FoW bought them out
>>
File: Mozart.jpg (227 KB, 557x777) Image search: [Google]
Mozart.jpg
227 KB, 557x777
>>44143558
Vingolf is a stand alone set that did that for fun. It did a bunch of historic people into Anime girls. For fun.

If you so insecure about your masculinity that you cant even play a game where some art work will be cute, then you have a problem.
>>
>>44143611
But it's not cute. It's fucking insulting.
>>
File: E-VIN001-050-SR_OL.jpg (231 KB, 557x777) Image search: [Google]
E-VIN001-050-SR_OL.jpg
231 KB, 557x777
>>44143629
Insulting to whom? Mozart is dead. It just show a cute version of an historic character.
There is stuff way worst than that in life for you to be insulted by anime girls version of historic people.
>>
>>44143629
noone is above parody or reinterpretation
>>
File: Rasputin.jpg (226 KB, 557x777) Image search: [Google]
Rasputin.jpg
226 KB, 557x777
Is Rasputin that needed for Cthulhu decks?
>>
Is there a video somewhere about how to play this game for someone who is too lazy to read the rules that come with the starter decks?
>>
>>44143667
>Mozart is dead
Hm I wonder who posted this?
>>
>>44143772
Youtube has tons of tutorials.
>>
File: 1449712336804.png (117 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1449712336804.png
117 KB, 720x720
>>44143611
>>44143667
>>44143773
>>
>>44143770
just built a fiend of dark pyre deck and ya i say so, it lets you do the incarnate costs without going into card disadvantage winch is really important i also run four ruck eggs and four king in yellows cause they replace themselves
>>
File: 1448246695815.jpg (86 KB, 600x612) Image search: [Google]
1448246695815.jpg
86 KB, 600x612
I got into this game right before Castle of Heaven (or whatever the second set was called) and had a lot of fun playing black/red/green Dracula control throughout Grimm, while almost everyone I played with played something different but equally neat. Then, the Grimm cluster ended and those shitty dual decks dropped, and almost everyone at my LGS played literally the exact same Bahamut Regalia aggro deck thing. The first tournament I went to after those released, out of 18 total players, 14 ran the exact same deck, card for card. The next two tournaments were the same.

I wish I had others locally who played it, even just casually, because the game degraded into a circle jerk worse then competitive YuGiOh! where I live. Shame too, because I genuinely liked the game a lot.
>>
well threads dead i guess
>>
>>44143958
The meta's way more open now
>>
>>44144404
I'm still here, hi.
>>
>>44144440
yo what are you playing? i just finished a fiend of dark pyre deck. its kinda frustrating the meta right now has it so you basicly have to jam 4 of the best card of the color if your playing it whether it be chesh guin lance zekes percy etc
>>
>>44144560
The one drops are pretty much staples unfortunately but you get more leeway with stuff like Lance where if you're running a dual color deck that isn't Sylvia or Blazer you can afford to exclude him
>>
Any guides anywhere on what a new player should do to start the game? I've bought the dual starter deck from Outbreak of the Seven Kings War and that's all for now.

The decks appear to be pretty badly balanced in favor of the red deck. If what I want is to have balanced decks of each colors, what should I do considering my low budget?
>>
>>44145017
Also a noob, also bought the dual starter deck, and a couple of the new ones relased with the new set (TTW). The TTW starters are much more balanced, and are actually really solid all around.
>>
>>44145017
buy vingolf engage nights its mostly sub par but comes with two of each duel stone wich are essential ttw just came out so i cant say whats super good with all certainty blazer and arla knights is still strong. over all build what you want and change your deck over time to suit your meta
>>
So this stupid weeb as fuck MtG player has been looking at this game.
>Me
What's it play like, where can I find an explanation, and how do I make the cheekiest fucking deck possible.
>>
Anyone here draft, compared to last block these last 2 have been amazing for draft, also any recent events to gauge the meta, ive been playing a r/g sylvia deck and vs my locals which is mostly reflect control/knights, Bahamut, and Arla it is doing well.
>>
>>44145427
haven't drafted ever cardshop only does constructed honestly interested how draft FOW plays
>>
>>44145511
well 4 packs and same as magic pass Left then right and repeat, honestly fairies and dragons are op in draft
>>
>>44145549
i did go downtown to play ttw prerelease reflect was bonkers to fight against
>>
>>44145650
me and my pal both played sylvia and got 1st and 2nd in our 25 man event, cards busted in sealed.
>>
>>44143958
My meta is pretty much the same. A lot of brainless blazer and vlad decks. I stopped going to tournaments and focus on casual play.
>>
>>44146588
My meta prior to the new set was like 3 vlad, 3 bahamut, 2 grimm, 1 Puss in boots, 1 blazer, 1 yamata combo on avg but our biggest was like 40 peole and I didnt get a count
>>
>>44146608
>2 grimm
Now that is a J/ruler I have not seen in a long long time.
>>
>>44146634
prior to release ive been swapping between Banzai and r/w grimm along with yamata combo.
>>
>>44146661
I'm working on a crimson girl yellow brick road deck that I still haven't given up on. That and a OTK crimson girl deck that is consistent using pricia/power supply team.
>>
Is this game dying? i want to buy in, but i dont want to spend the money on booty cats and other good cards if its going to go the way of kaijudo, dice masters, etc.
>>
>>44146797
My locals are getting more and more players each week atm we have a dedicated 15 people per weekly and have on draft days about 4-5 4 man pods
>>
>>44146797
Its slowly growing. My LGS went from 0 to 7 constant players. I come in for drafts and constructed. Since were still small we have a house "no baha/blazer burn" rule until more people start showing up. Im currently running Abdul goodstuff, Puss in Boots and Alice-Tribal-Cthulus
>>
>>44148499
>dual decks come out
I got tired of baha blast
>SKL comes out
I got tired of Blazer knights
>TTW is now out
Why do I feel like I'm going to fight against R/R for the most part? Literally Jace the Mindsculptor.
>>
>>44148670
Get good you retard. Want to know R/R's weakness? It's a ruler with no stats. Take advantage of a ruler that actually is a powerhouse.
>>
>>44148670
Im the guy you responded to originally. Yeah I havent even seen the new cards, so I have no idea how R/R will do.
>>
File: received_1219067371453409.jpg (66 KB, 540x922) Image search: [Google]
received_1219067371453409.jpg
66 KB, 540x922
Got one of the new Force of Waifu decks.
>>
>>44144560
Me? I'm playing nothing because I'm indecisive as fuck.
>>
>>44134851
I dunno. I can post up my list of what i still need to complete a playset of all of ttw? If you have any of it, maybe we can swap?
>>
>>44149996
Nice.
>>
>>44149996
Mind posting a picture of Pricia? I'm curious if it looks exactly like the SKL one or if there's slight differences.
>>
File: IMG_20151213_193927326[1].jpg (2 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151213_193927326[1].jpg
2 MB, 2592x1456
>>44121870
Following on from this post, I'll post the cards I actually got in my god pack. Speaking of which
>>44115016
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE WE GOT THE EXACT SAME GOD PACK

Also Adombrali seems broken to all fuck.
>>
>>44152618
>Also Adombrali seems broken to all fuck.
He's pretty bad actually, imo
>>
>>44154092
>0 mana 600/800 that turns your resonators into either CARDS or a FIREBALL

Nah he's good.
>>
File: KIMG0102.jpg (3 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0102.jpg
3 MB, 1944x2592
>>44151039
>>
File: KIMG0103.jpg (3 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0103.jpg
3 MB, 1944x2592
>>44151039
>>44155010
>>
File: tumblr_ndse9mHWBV1u1kny5o1_1280.jpg (158 KB, 536x747) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndse9mHWBV1u1kny5o1_1280.jpg
158 KB, 536x747
My favorite card so far is probably Nightmare Cinderella. It look so great.
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 340x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 340x480
>>44155010
>>44155041
Thanks, is the J-Ruler not foil?

>>44155114
She's really fun in black control decks. My favorite is Medusa or the valkyrie Snow White.
>>
>>44155685
Yeah, unfortunately it's not foil. Still worth the value though.
Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.