[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dungeon Life Quest (DLQ) - Death is for the Dead Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: 1448343308514.jpg (136 KB, 799x650) Image search: [Google]
1448343308514.jpg
136 KB, 799x650
ARCHIVE: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Dungeon%20Life%20Quest
PREVIOUS THREAD: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/44084033/
CHARACTERS AND PLACES: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19gNVgtevar647l4ZumUaVH6GlJzvxLlDNKaH8DrQMWE/edit?usp=sharing

You are Amy the Dungeonbreaker. With you is a guy who can't breathe properly and yet is still soloing two ogre-sized sins against nature like he's waltzing across a dance floor with the Duke's fucking daughter, and an undead chicken knight, with all the valor and courage of ten hearty men, doing battle with a demon alongside his skeletal brothers.

But you have eyes for the Vintner.
>>
File: He Has Fucking Force Fields.gif (636 KB, 320x192) Image search: [Google]
He Has Fucking Force Fields.gif
636 KB, 320x192
>>44109941
You've wasted one of your throwing axes already; the Vintner managed to get his spell off, summoning a moving shield of light that he interposes between you and him with fear and fury in his eyes. Good. Let him be scared of you. Let him die in terror and -

...No. Your urge to charge, to leap over the flames that consume the research tables and lick at the screaming, half-made constructs on the slabs, evaporates as quickly as it came. This...this /thing/, this /coward/, this wretch retreating from you in the heart of his own sanctum? He's not worth your hate.

You're better than him. He's a stain, to be excised, but you won't let him own you. Not your body. Not your soul.

You circle, keeping him from rejoining his minions with your presence. That shield is fast, but you're pretty sure that you can move faster - you just don't want to leap into a trap. The Vintner reaches for something under his robes, but he drops it when you jolt your arm at him; it shatters against the ground with a glassy sound.

"It's over," you note grimly. "Nate's going to murder your constructs. Miles never wanted to serve you. Surrender and you might even get treated well, if only because the other two are good people who don't have a personal reason to hate you."

The Vintner's eyes flick to Nathan, and then to Fetch. And somewhere, he finds his courage.

"No!" the sorcerer shrieks. "I will be a god! I WILL MAKE NEW LIFE! MILES, THE CHAIN!"

You follow the incubus's gaze to a length of chain bolted to the wall - a simple thing, four feet in length, resting on hooks. It doesn't look special. But the Vintner is giving it such a look of desperate triumph that you know it has to be more than it seems.

Miles moves to get it, only to be dogpiled from behind by all three undead birds; Fetch lets out a mighty cry of, "YOUR FOE IS HERE! ATTEND TO HIM!" while raking at the incubus's outstretched wings. You wince when you hear Miles screaming in agony. Wing wounds suck.
>>
File: 1439093152978.jpg (233 KB, 761x1000) Image search: [Google]
1439093152978.jpg
233 KB, 761x1000
>>44110131
You and the Vintner make eye contact as you each realize that the other has just seen that. The mage grabs his robes and hikes them up before sprinting after the chain, his shield guarding his back.

Wat.

> Get the chain first
> Interpose FIYAH between the Vintner and his goal
> Fuck his chain anyway, your friends need help (choose Nathan or Fetch)
> Write-in
>>
>>44110175
>> Interpose FIYAH between the Vintner and his goal
I'm not comfortable touching unknown magical items. If he's so desperate to grab it, he can get himself killed.
>>
all this fire around. shame not to use it
>>

Magic isn't Amy's forte, but she knows that touching unidentified magical objects is a Bad Idea.
>>
>>
>>44110175

He cannot be allowed to reach the chain, who knows what madness it will unleash.

https://youtu.be/zFytjbD9b0s
>>
File: 0yQFyJc.gif (218 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
0yQFyJc.gif
218 KB, 500x281
>>44110435
Anon, I. I love you.

Votes called.

Writing.
>>
File: yes.jpg (19 KB, 176x211) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
19 KB, 176x211
>>44110467
The feeling is mutual, based Vox.
>>
Remember, we still need to give our dead cousin a day and a night on the town. That would make for a decent intermission scene thing.
>>
>>44110175
>Do a barrel roll!
>>
>>44110435
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESUMJODFAco
>>
>>44110175
Whatever he's after is bad, but you don't precisely want to just DISTURB THE UNKNOWN MAGICAL ITEM, LIKE A ROOKIE JACKASS.

Thus, you do the logical thing - grab a flaming table and hurl it like it weighs nothing.

Okay, logical for the circumstances and context. Whatever.

The table sheds flaming chemicals as it flips through the air, crashing heavily into the Vintner's path. You kick another, then a third, forming a barrier of wood and flame between the sorcerer and his goal. He curses and turns to the left - only to find you there, cutting off his avenue of escape.

"Kill him Amy!" Miles snarls as he rolls to his feet, covered in bleeding wounds; the incubus is exhausted, drained by the tainted cuts and unable to heal.

"You heard the man," you say mildly, advancing. You hear one of the constructs go down heavily, but your focus remains on the Vintner, who shrinks back away from you. He screams when he presses against a burning table and leaps forward, tears in his eyes.

The sorcerer sinks to his knees and raises his hands in supplication. "Mercy! Please, mercy! I surrender!"

> Spare him. You've already won.
> Kill him. As Brianna already said, death can be his only possible sentence. Why wait for her, or a court in Lakehallow, to decide?
> Take your revenge. It's been three years coming.
> Write-in.
>>
> Kill him. As Brianna already said, death can be his only possible sentence. Why wait for her, or a court in Lakehallow, to decide?

But do it quickly. Don't draw it out, try not to enjoy it too much.
Maybe a witty one-liner though.
>>
>>44110806
>> Kill him. As Brianna already said, death can be his only possible sentence. Why wait for her, or a court in Lakehallow, to decide?

"No one's going to remember you."
>>
>>44110806
To really make my vote here, I need inside Amy's head.

Write-in as such:
>Based on what you know of his abilities, if there's even a chance of him turning things around on you, end him. Quick and clean.
>>
>>
>>44110806
> Strip him, break his fingers, bind him, blindfold him, gag him, and take him back to Lakehallow.

Don't want to let him cast, and don't want to let him get off easy, but Lakehallow should have the right to judge him. They deserve revenge too.

But maybe, when the sentence is passed, ask to be the executioner.
>>
>>44110806
Finish him!
>>
>>44110806
>Kill him. As Brianna already said, death can be his only possible sentence. Why wait for her, or a court in Lakehallow, to decide?
Justice, not revenge. Plus, nobody likes him
>>
>>44110806
>Kill him. As Brianna already said, death can be his only possible sentence. Why wait for her, or a court in Lakehallow, to decide?
Besides, if we spare him we still have to take the time to break his fingers and his jaw to keep him from spellcasting.
Also, after we kill him.
>Write in. "Hey Miles, is he controlling you with a particular item?" If Miles has to die, it should be from something less painful than necrochicken.
>>
>>44110806

"You surrendered a long time ago: you surrendered your humanity. You have already been tried and sentenced, and I am your executioner."

Doesn't have Amy's voice at all, but my point is that accepting him into your custody makes no fucking sense; Lakehallow and the Minotaurs, which are the only authorities of note here, have already authorized his death.
>>
>>44110806
Can we fuck up his hands so no more spellcasting?
That way we can bring him to Lakehallow or have Bri interrogate him about the angel
>>
Votes called. Writing.
>>
>>44111116
...that is a good point, he could be valuable.

All right, changing >44111106 to
> Spare him. You've already won. Make absolutely fucking sure he can't pull anything, and spare nothing for his comfort, but maybe we can get some info out of him.
>>
>>44111116
>>44111283
>Even considering letting an illusionist with reason to hurt you live.

It's like you're ASKING to be duped.
>>
Its plot fair for him to die here and that Incubus is probably bound to him only until the owners death.
>>
>>44111309
Actually, raises a question: does Amy, in-character, even KNOW any ways to really-truly-even-then disable a spellcaster? Are spellcasters fragile in this setting, or do they always have a trick up their sleeve and you can never be sure of anything?
>>
File: Vintner.jpg (61 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
Vintner.jpg
61 KB, 620x388
>>44110806
You look at the Vintner's desperate plea, and the last of your rage bleeds away. You feel...tired. Tired in the soul, tired in your bones.

Revenge won't make it better. But he can't be allowed to hurt anyone else.

"You know how this ends," you say softly. "I'll make it quick. That's the only mercy I can offer."

You're expecting it when his shield of violet light comes scything for your neck; you duck beneath it and dash forward in a low crouch. One of your daggers comes out in a smooth flash, and you bury its point in his temple. He jolts, his eyes widening in shock, before the life flees them.

The Vintner, the would-be Lord of the Basement, slumps sideways, and is no more.

You turn to Nathan, wanting to make sure he's okay, but the construct has frozen up and quite passively permits itself to be slain. You can see the youth holding his ribs, with blood leaking from his lips, but he's still moving. He looks over at you - /why do his eyes look like shards of grey glass?/ - and takes in the situation quietly. Finally, he nods.

"...Fetch, are you okay?"

"I will require repairs," the undead knight says primly, "but I am ready and willing to do battle. Though it seems my foe has lost the taste of it!"

"...Oh, right," Miles says, trying for a mild tone and ending up at 'strained through mind-numbing pain'. "I surrender."

"Alright, let's -" you begin, starting to assess your own wounds (mainly burns), but you stop talking when you hear the chain on the wall rattling like mad.

"Is that bad?" Miles asks.

"I was going to ask /you/ that."
>>
File: death.jpg (49 KB, 642x744) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
49 KB, 642x744
>>44111529
The links burst asunder, spilling mist into the room that quenches the flames; a chill breeze rips through the chamber, cold to the bone and edged with the teeth of deepest winter.

The angel steps out of the mist, her eyes cold and terrible, blade in hand and robed in flowing death.

"You," she intones, her voice twisted with hate, and she points at the Vintner's body. You hear a spectral screaming, and his ghost is /dragged/ from it, clawing at the empty air as it struggles.

"Don't let her take me!" the ghost begs. "Please! Anything, anything but oblivion! Mercy! MERCY!"

"I'm going to enjoy this," the angel growls. The blade plunges forward, into the Vintner's ghost, and it begins to unravel like a mis-knit sweater, shrieking in agony the entire time. It gives you one last, pleading look before its essence shreds entirely and bonds to the blade.

"One down," the angel says with satisfaction. "Twelve to go. I've waited so long..."

The angel turns to walk back into the mists.

> What do you do?
>>
>>44111625
>WHO ARE THE OTHER 12 ALSO WHAT
>>
>>44111625
I'll go with this
>>44111648
>WHO ARE THE OTHER 12 ALSO WHAT
>>
Well. Now we know (in character) where that feather came from.
>>
>>44111625

Shit, does Amy know about Bri's 'dreams'?

Cause I have a sinking feeling that's Loran...

(Also Vox, Loran doesn't have an entry on the charsheet).
>>
We can wonder who the other twelve are later. Perhaps something to ask a certain captive once we get back. For now, down-to-business.

>Evacuate everyone possible to safety

Remember, there's still that Chain rumbling. The one he was reaching for. We're still in the middle of a mess here.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LoadBearingBoss
>>
>>44111757

Anon, that is the chain that just exploded. It was attached to Lora.
>>
>>44111757
Anon, that chain shattered, just before the angel appeared.
>>
>>44111757

The chain broke apart and released the angel.
>>
>>44111787
>>44111788
>>44111789

The seconds posted match the post numbers...

My OCD is happy.
>>
>>44111625
> Whoever's alive, we get them out of here to where they can be treated.
> We need to tell Bri about this interesting development.
>>
>>44111811

I'm split between saying "thanks for pointing that out" and "now your soul can go to eternal torment of posts not lining up that is the 99.99% of the time.
>>
>>44111625
OH FUCK! VINTER WAS GOING TO PULL THE ANGEL INTO THIS REALM AND USE HER TO WRECK FACE AGAINST US! HOLY SHIT WE JUST DODGED A BULLET!
>>
>>44111625
May as well ask Miles if he wants to come with us for a bit. We have a necromancer friend who's not a *complete motherfucking monster* like Vintner was that may want to do business with him.
>>
Vote called. Don't worry, got another coming up fast.
>>
>>44111916
Agreed. Maybe get us a new party member in the process?
>>
>>44111916
Sure, what's one more misfit?
>>
>>44111841
>Whoever's alive, we get them out of here to where they can be treated.
> We need to tell Bri about this interesting development.
Does this include Miles? He seemed like a swell enough fucking demon.
>>
>>44112024
>Does this include Miles? He seemed like a swell enough fucking demon.

Sure, why not? If he's neither bound nor inclined to attack us, I see no reason not to bring him along. And Bri might know some way to treat his necrotized injuries.
>>
>>44112024
>Does this include Miles?

Probably should, although we should be cautious. He seems nice enough, but he's a demon of seduction. I'm sure he's really good at *seeming* nice.
>>
>>44112095

Well, he was clearly reluctant to go along with the Vintner's orders, but then again he was a slave.

He also was apparently very nice to Amy back when he had no reason to be and/or it would have been actively detrimental to him, which is less explainable as a 'seeming' nice act.
>>
File: The Ride Never Ends.webm (546 KB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
The Ride Never Ends.webm
546 KB, 576x324
>>44111625
"Hey!" you call out, almost offended. You shrink a bit when those cold, merciless eyes turn to regard you. "What the fuck was this? What twelve?"

The angel's wings move, and chains manifest around her, restraining her form. Eleven chains, and one leash clipped to a ring bolted into the back of her neck. She touches them, one by one, and names each.

"The Traitor."
"The Pallbearer."
"The Moneychanger."
"The Poet."
"The Baron."
"The Librarian."
"The Diviner."
"The Debtor."
"The Lush."
"The Wyrm."
"The Daughter."
At last, her fingers go to the leash at her neck. "The Master."

"Who are /you/?" you ask.

"I am forbidden to speak my name. You may call me Lora."

The angel steps into the freezing mists, and they follow her. In the end, all that is left is the ruins of the laboratory, and shattered fragments of chain.

Nathan opens the cage and gently guides the prisoners out while you approach Miles. You wince as you regard his wounds, but the bound incubus gives you a grateful hug.

"I'm glad you got out," he murmurs, in obvious pain. "Could you do me a solid and kill me?"

> What? Why?
> No!
> ...I mean, if you really want...
>>
>>44112167

>Alright. *stab*

He's an incubus, he'll just go back to Hell. I thought that was already established?
>>
>>44112167
>> What? Why?

I mean, he could totally join us. We have coffee and cigarettes that the gods forgot to love.
>>
>>44112167
We owe him that much, I'd guess. But let him know we DO know someone who could patch him up. She's nice, too, if a bit of an idiot around people.
>>
>>44112167
> What? Why?
>>
>>44112167
>Sure, but can I keep your wings?
>>
>>44112167
>> What? Why?
> Wouldn't you rather have me take you to my necromancer friend, who can probably do something about the wounds her familiar dealt you?
>>

I'm /pretty/ sure that demons are working on a warhammer-style 'don't die when killed' thing, so we'd just be sending him home to reform safely.
>>
>>44112245

I'm suddenly tempted, but I'll still go with.

>What? Why?
Because we can explain what we have, an incubus that goes to hell may soon be in service and a slave once more. But he may yet be free of all that, for a time, if he comes with us. If death is the best option then let it be so, but let's at least talk about it first.
>>
>>44112167
>What? Why?

Better get an idea of how this works before assuming what killing him would do.
>>
The problem with the 'stay with us' thing is that Sir Fetch inflicted wounds on him that he apparently can't heal. If we knew that Bri or the Lakehallow docs could heal him then I'd support it, but we don't and Amy doesn't, so...
>>
>>44112284
Same person, forgot to say:
If we DO wind up killing him, keep the wings and see if we can get them grafted. Necromancy, Ho!
>>
Calling in seven minutes.
>>
>>44112167
>What? Why?

Not that we don't understand that he'll just go back to Hell, but Bri can probably get the death out of those wounds, and he could join us taking out the Vintner's friends.
>>
Votes called. Writing.
>>
>>44112321
I'm going to say that'd only work if we were the shitty kind of dead, as opposed to the Nathan kind.
>>
File: Miles.jpg (89 KB, 788x759) Image search: [Google]
Miles.jpg
89 KB, 788x759
>>44112167
Pic spoilered as a courtesy.

You step back in surprise. "What? Why? I mean. I would've done it in a heartbeat if the Vintner was still alive, but you're free now."

"Ha, Ames, please, laughing hurts," Miles pleads. "...Look, let your friends head back if you like. If you're gonna make me explain, I'd prefer some privacy. Some things...some things ain't for public."

You wrestle with it for a moment, and then nod. "Nathan, Fetch, get these folks to Brianna and Lakehallow. I can make my own way back."

"You're sure you'll be alright?" Nathan asks, his eyes flicking to the demon.

"I can handle Miles," you reassure him. With one last deep breath, the others go.

You find a chair intact enough for Miles to sit in, then squat on the floor, resting on the balls of your feet.

"I ain't free," the incubus explains, holding up the manacles at his wrists. "Soon, the Vintner's name is going to fade from these, and I'll be subjected to pain like you would not believe...until I find a mortal master. I got summoned, what, three hundred years ago? This is my punishment for sleeping with the Master's husband, way back when. Nevermind that he forced me. No one ever said the lot of a demon is fair."

You frown. "...Do you like being here?"

"I don't know," Miles admits, with a sigh. "...I want my freedom. If you kill me, my essence will migrate to the restraints. Shatter them over an altar to hell and I'll be sent back home. It's not the nicest place but honestly it ain't the worst either. Hell's...complicated. Lots of things are complicated."

"I hear you," you murmur. "I...I have a friend that you could trust. With those." You point at his manacles. "She'd treat you right, if you're willing to. Y'know. Trust me."

Miles frowns and looks away with a wince. "I need...the thing incubi do, to heal these. Life force, drawn in the passionate act."

"I thought that was succubi?" you say with a frown.
>>
File: 44961097.jpg (60 KB, 483x270) Image search: [Google]
44961097.jpg
60 KB, 483x270
>>44112746
"We're related," Miles explains irritably. "But succubi, male or female, tend to be better sorcerers. My sorta folk tend to be better with our hands. It's why we're retained as servants more often. Frankly, objectively, succubi are harder to control."

"You seem a bit bitter," you observe.

"They get all the press," he mutters.

"Well, I mean. You're not exactly unattractive. I'm sure we can find someone willing to...y'know, donate. Maybe."

"It's not unpleasant," he says wryly. Gods, how is he flirting while coated in wounds?

> Do ask he asked. It's his life, and the affairs of demons are not yours to decide.
> Press harder to persuade him to stay.
>>
>>44112746
>dat pic
u-unf
> Press harder to persuade him to stay.
git dat demonic manservant and give 'em some friendship
>>
>>44112815

> Do ask he asked. It's his life, and the affairs of demons are not yours to decide.

His life, his choice.

Gives Amy a bit of motivation, too; letting her friend finally free. Getting him out of his cage like Bri got her out of hers.
>>
>>44112815
>Ask him again if he wants to stay.
Neutral option. We've made our case, now it's time for him to make his decision again. He could serve Bri, he could find someone to have passionate sex with (possibly Bri, while she's possessed), or he can deal with hell. His choice.
>>
>>44112917
Seconded. Go with whatever he decides, at this point.
>>
>>44112815
>> Press harder to persuade him to stay

5th party member get.
>>
>>44112815
It is his choice at the end of the day.
>>
Seconding.
>>
>>44112815
Take your pick!
>>
>>44112815
>Press harder to persuade him to stay.
>>
Vote called, writing.
>>
>>44112815

If we give him over to Bri, it's what she'll do.
>>
>Persuade a little more

But additionally, if we 'are' going to get him some life force (and quintuply so if Bri'll be the giver), we need to know what would HAPPEN. 5 Years off of life? Complete death? Tired for a week?

Bri's the sacrificial type, so if it's too dangerous, Amy may reevaluate between outright choosing between Bri and Miles.
>>
>>44113109

I got the impression that it wasn't that he drained life from his partner, but rather that the act itself fueled him.

Vox, can you clarify?
>>
File: Arcadia.png (213 KB, 578x469) Image search: [Google]
Arcadia.png
213 KB, 578x469
>>44112815
You sit quietly for a long few minutes. "You sure you don't want to stay, Miles?" you ask at last. "I'll do what you want. You were a bright spot in a dark time, and I owe you that much. But I want to be sure. I can't un-kill people."

"Good," he notes. "Though you're not really killing me, so much as...we're hard to kill, is all." He thinks, long and hard, and you let him. The silence is warm, not tense, despite the solemn topic.

Finally, he slides off from the chair and kisses your forehead. "I hate to ask it of you, but...I think I'd like to die still," he murmurs. "Go for the heart. It'll hurt, but steel blades aren't usually enough and I want to be sure."

You sigh and take out your second dagger. You set the point against his skin and look him in the eyes. "Thank you. For everything."

"I'll put in a good word for you," he promises. "You'll find friends, among the seducers."

You drive the knife home.

Long, silent minutes later, you collect your things, as well as a rusty neck collar and a pair of manacles. Almost mechanically, you make your way back to the Maze and push the button. You're tired. So tired.

The escort that takes you back to Brianna is silent, sensitive, perhaps, to your mood. The necromancer is waiting for you, and the concern in her eyes is immediate. Heartfelt.

You shake, subtly.

> Look for comfort.
> Tell her the job's done.
> Keep walking.
>>
>>44113233
It's both, not that it matters at this point.
>>
>>44113246
>> Tell her the job's done.
>>
>>44113246
> Look for comfort.
Vinter was a scrub
>>
>>44113246
>>
>>44113246
> But also mention Lora, and the chain, and the other twelve.
>>
>>44113316
>Vinter was a Scrub

>Also, job is done

Passion is gone at this point, yeah. No vengeance left, just… tired.
>>
>>44113246
But if Bri offers head scritchies or something, don't pass it up. We could use a pick-me-up, especially one we didn't have to ask for.
>>
Vote called. Writing the final update of part one.
>>
>Vinter was a Scrub

>Also, job is done
>>
>>44113316
I don't think he was a scrub so much as he wan not expecting 3 people with full health+resources busting into his secret lair. If we had gone through his wacky wacky dungeon, he could have completed a construct and even gotten himself into a defensive position.
>>
File: Amy_zpsesezxfce.png~original.png (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Amy_zpsesezxfce.png~original.png
22 KB, 300x300
>>44113246
"It's finished," you murmur. "Did Nathan get through with -"

"Yeah," Brianna interrupts gently. She wraps you in a gentle hug and scratches your hair; instantly, you feel the warmth, and comfort, and /safety/ was over you. "You can be a professional later, Ames," the necromancer murmurs. "You did good."

You nod, numbly, and then start to cry into her shoulder.

"You did good," Brianna repeats softly. After a moment of quietly rocking you, she starts to hum a lullaby.

PART ONE: WASSAIL is COMPLETE.

I'm gonna take a brief break to compose myself and start the interlude (Basement-Dwellers) in an hour or two. In the meantime I wanted to engage with folks, now that we've cleared our first level.

I have to say, anon's consistently surprised me in places; I expected you to go for the throat against Michael, to show less restraint against the Vintner, and more. It's been pleasant, though, and I've enjoyed rolling with the punches. The debate, the questions, have also been great.

What're folks thoughts on the characterization? The worldbuilding? Have the choices offered been clear and interesting?

I also note that anon's avoided a lot of the romance choices they could have made. If folks wanted to expand on why, I'm curious. I like a good romance as part of a fantasy story.

Thank you again for participating, and for reading!

Archiving thread now.
>>
>>44113678
Amy a cute.
>>
>>44113678
Bri is best team mom
Which, I suppose, is why anons have been avoiding romance
World's great, I love the idea of entire societies living beneath the world, separated by layers and surrounded by dangers.
>>44113758
Amy is, indeed, a cute
>>
>>44113802
> Team mom

You can't see me but I'm blinking slowly in vague confusion. Like. Is it because she's been emotionally supportive? 'cause generally that's just something I look for in a good friend.
>>
>>44113907
There's emotionally supportive and then there's rocking someone in your arms while humming a lullaby
if that's a thing best friends do, then holy shit mine are bargain bin-tier
>>
File: quests in a nutshell.jpg (49 KB, 310x367) Image search: [Google]
quests in a nutshell.jpg
49 KB, 310x367
>>44113678
>I also note that anon's avoided a lot of the romance choices they could have made. If folks wanted to expand on why, I'm curious.

Short answer, it's feels too early to me. I know Amy is throwing herself at us, but that seems too easy. Also /tg/ cannot into interpersonal relationships, for the most part.

Shorter answer, pic related.
>>
>>44113974
Mm. I suppose that makes sense, but...well, mostly I'm trying to make sure anon's not feeling, like, violently opposed here. You've got at least two folks with an interest, and one, the other, or both may attempt to do the thing healthy adults do where they (try not to die of shock) ask you out on a date of some variety, during the interlude.

I'll respect anon's choices - I'm not railroading anything, certainly not romance arcs - but it struck me as, y'know. Odd.
>>
>>44113678
Glad to see we're surprising you. Seems like the main draw of running a quest over, say, writing a story. You get to be a part of the ride.

Characterization has been excellent. The PoV switches have helped with that, though I'd like to see some interaction between Nate and Amy. I'm unsure how they stand with each other beyond general friendliness.

Worldbuilding has been alright, but scanter than I'd like given our choices. Bri knows a lot more about her situation than we do, as evidenced by the fact that she knew Lora was a Death Choir. Hell if we could have known that. The scope of the story has been tight enough that the lack of exposition dumps hasn't left us uninformed about our choices, though, so I can accept it as a QM style and roll with it.

Can't say I've wanted more choices at any part of the story, so that's cool.

As for romance? I'm an omni-shipper. If I waifu/husbando every character, then it doesn't matter how the relationships work out, since everyone gets someone in the end. Same thing here; I'd love to see Amy/Bri or Nate/Amy. But it's all how we're playing the characters.

Right now, I'm seeing a bunch of people who are all broken in their own ways, and can't really connect until they understand what's wrong with the others and either accept those flaws or help fix them. I've been trying to balance/flesh out my desire to hook all these people up with character development. Maybe others are trying to do the same.
>>
>>44113974
Maybe we'll romance Amy and Nathan when they're more emotionally stable and have had time to deal with their own personal problems
>>
File: 1445066804247.jpg (552 KB, 1032x1325) Image search: [Google]
1445066804247.jpg
552 KB, 1032x1325
>>44114009
oh, don't worry, /tg/ will waifu and/or husbando at the drop of a hat once we feel it's the right time
Maybe once there's a little downtime
It's funny comparing this to BtV Quest, where it's, like, day 3 in game and a waifu has already been pretty firmly decided on.
>>
>>44114009
Honestly, I'm enjoying the actual story too much to worry about romance subplots. Often when a QM introduces multiple possible romantic options it detracts from the meat of the quest, and results in the dreaded waifu wars. Those have their own appeal, to be sure, but it's not the vibe I'm getting from you.

Just keep doing your thing and don't worry about it. Romance is best when it happens organically.
>>
Remember folks, we still have the whole possession thing to deal with.

Also>>44113678 aside from being unconventional as hell, you've done a pretty good job consistently. Characters have depth, plot arcs are coherent. My only complaint would be that things are less stressful without having to pray to RNGeesus. Also I'm shocked we haven't had any opiate/sleep deprivation fueled antics so far.
>>
File: Sanity.jpg (32 KB, 300x230) Image search: [Google]
Sanity.jpg
32 KB, 300x230
>>44114261
...Okay, what makes you folks think I'm not getting sleep?!? Like. Seriously, I've paused threads repeatedly and left votes open so I can go to sleep!

Also it takes a lot more drugs than I'm on to put me down.

They called me mad. MAD!
>>
File: 1443213573789.gif (499 KB, 500x289) Image search: [Google]
1443213573789.gif
499 KB, 500x289
>>44114392
Mad Voxy!
>>
>>44114418
Oh god, fucking saved. Laughed so hard I woke both of the people I live with up. Oh my god. So good.
>>
File: aAHS5wx.png (522 KB, 855x500) Image search: [Google]
aAHS5wx.png
522 KB, 855x500
>>44114433
I HAVE PLEASED THE VOX!
YAY!
>>
Shame I can't stay up for the next part. Make sure Amy remains a cute, everyone. And please, have Fetch make Nate/Amy into squires. I must be pleasured by that scenario.

>>44114392
Probably because we've had 7 continuous threads of DLQ? I mean, yeah, you're sleeping while the threads run, but it's hard to keep that in mind when you remember, oh yeah, you set a record 2 or 3 threads ago and kept going.
>>
>>44114471
I seem to remember there being some contention on the record thing.

ONE HOUR TO INTERLUDE START. Taking suggestions on the sorts of scenes you'd like to deal with, though we'll be opening with the chance to set the tone and priorities.
>>
>>44114627
first thing should come first, I.E. telling what exactly went down, Vinter dying, leasing Amy's buddy from his bondage, both mortal and magical, and the encounter with the angel
>>
>>44114661
That'll be kinda assumed; that is, I'm gonna mention it, but I don't really want to re-write the short version of what just went down. If that makes sense?
>>
For me, at least, I'm still paranoid about how "everything has a cost." Otherwise, I agree that it's a bit early for romancing
>>
>>44114711
fair 'nough
as for specifics, maybe officiating contact between the minotaurs and the townspeople?
>>
>>44114903
Yeah, I think getting ahold of Slaughter to negotiate that is the best bet.
>>
>>44114627
If we're doing a time skip maybe we should do the cousin joyride now.
>>
>>44114711
>Vinter dying
Hey that's a point there's a perfectly good corpse just laying around and necromancy is all about sustainability: Reduce, reuse, reanimate.
>>
>>44114711
Don't forget the whole Brianna hangover scene involving us filling our end of the bargain with our dead cousin.
>>
>>44114711
Can we get a day in the life of fetch?
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 288x288
>>44114980
>>
>>44114980

Lora has dibs, thats not good meat to work with.
>>
>>44114980
How might Amy react to you keeping around the reanimated corpse of her captor, d'ya think? Good for her journey of recovery, that?

>>44115025
I'll consider it, but honestly it's not likely to be particularly exciting or intriguing at this point in time. The option to play as him /will/ come up in the future.
>>
>>44115082
We could make his corpse the town shitshoveler/hatrack or something. Plus she saw his soul get fucking destroyed by an angel, so I doubt she's worried about him coming back in any meaningful sense.
>>
>>44114980
Actually, the real question is *Miles* – weren't we looking to nab his wings for Amy?
>>
>>44114980
I'd rather use the pieces of his new constructs to upgrade our chickens. Maybe the manacles and neck collar can be utilized? Also, did Mile's corpse vaporize or something?
>>
>>44115186
That's true, hopefully we can run back and cut them off.
>>
By the way, that angel just lost a whole rule set it had on it, that means we have some potential to learn more from it. Particularly whatever Vinter didn't want it to tell us, which would be good to know as it clearly would've been useful against him.

>>44115186
Pretty sure demon corpses don't linger.
>>
>>44115216
They do when they're not sucked into restraints designed to keep him from going back to Hell.

But since his sorta was...
>>
>>44115276
Vitner is a dick. Guess we have to find an alter to free him on now.
>>
On the shipping thing, I'm all for romance and/or sexytimes, but none of these characters feel like they're quite... there yet, emotionally. Or at least they haven't. Nate's probably there already, and with the Vintner situation done, I imagine Amy will get there pretty soon. Bri... well, as Amy observed, she has some serious personal issues yet to resolve. I feel like she's much more likely to engage in casual sex than a relationship, at this point, and casual sex with teammates who could take that the wrong way is probably not the best idea.
>>
INTERLUDE: BASEMENT DWELLERS

You are Brianna la Croix, journeyman necromancer, accidental leader of an adventuring party (WHY?), fashionable dresser and, evidently, liege lord to undead chicken knights.

It's been a hell of a week.

You'd gotten after-action reports, eventually, from Nathan and Amy. Amy's had been a shy, intimate thing, something she had to walk herself through with a warm cup of coffee. You'd given her your hat for the event. It seemed to make her feel better.

Nathan's had been easier, though he needs to explain his circumstances to Amy now. You both think she'll understand. Amy's a good person.

You stayed up for a long while, thinking and, yeah, drinking. By the time you crawled into your bunk (you paid extra to make it happen /now/, not later), you were feeling pretty good about your accomplishments thus far. Some of the stuff had been heavy, but...life can be heavy. Death is usually heavy. That doesn't mean you're not allowed to be happy about it.

You drift off to a gently buzzed rest, and open your eyes in Lora's waiting room. The angel smokes a cigar with a languid expression on her face, like she'd just had great sex, and spares you a smoky smile.

"Congratulations," Lora says smoothly, rolling the word over her tongue. "Seems like I made the right choice. Ready for some free advice?"

"...Sure," you say, shrugging. "Regarding?"

"Your new position, heritor. It'd pay to cement your influence in the Basement. Build up goodwill. Attend to, let's say, your life, for awhile. There's things to be done in the Lichyard, but they'll keep."

"What sort of things?"

Lora takes a deep drag on the cigar, far beyond anything that might be reasonable, and blows the smoke slowly. It forms a massive coin in the air, that spins and rattles before falling flat on an unseen surface.

"That would be telling," the angel purrs. "You wanna talk?"

> What do you ask?
>>
File: sparky1.jpg (67 KB, 537x403) Image search: [Google]
sparky1.jpg
67 KB, 537x403
>>44114627
ALL ABOARD THE VOXWAGON!!

I like the idea of befriending a demon; Briana's own position as a necromancer, combined with the different morals of the Basement, mean that Miles could become something of an ally. Not a party member, but certainly someone we could contact for infernal information on the other folks keeping Lora prisoner.

Has Nathan spoken to Amy about his true nature? That's not something to keep bottled up, especially now that we're moving into the thick of things. Maybe we can try to combine our party members special powers for some awesome trick combos (Harpy Magic + Shadow Powers?).

We should also try to work towards either expanding our minion set to more than freaking chickens, or upgrade them into something better than a distraction. Remember, birds are descended from dinosaurs. UNDEAD VELOCIRAPTORS, HO!
>>
>>44116244
Assuming Amy told us about the angel
>Ask her why she was trapped in the same room the Vintner was occupying.
>>
>>44116244
> So, one down, twelve to go, eh? Does each one restrict you differently, and if so, what did the Vintner keep you from doing?
>>
>What topics can't you talk to us about? Not the actual information; just categories or something.
I didn't phrase this as well as I would like, but I think it gets the point across.
>>
>>44116287
See here for the current sitch, anon: >>44116244
>>
>>44116244
>I'm not one of the thirteen, am I?
>>
>>44116244
so, the moneychangers next.

actual question
> you seem relaxed. is there any threat of retaliation from your other binders, do they know that the Vintner is dead. Do they care?
>>
Gonna call the vote in 9 minutes, update, and then leave to get alcohol.

I will be back with the alcohol.

I will be running, with the alcohol.

You may begin placing your bets.
>>
>>44116704
You better not be taking painkillers and drinking alcohol at the same time.
>>
>>44116722
Joke's on you anon, I CLEARED IT WITH THE DOCTOR.
>>
>>44116740
Well fuck me then.
>>
>>44116764
I have this thing where I want to live, so I check with professionals before attempting things that might kill me.

's been a good policy thus far.
>>
>>44116783
Vox the... sane? What?
>>
File: 3101651-predator+city.jpg (274 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
3101651-predator+city.jpg
274 KB, 1600x1200
>>44116704
And here we observe the Drunken Quest Master in its natural habitat, making an ass of itself and wallowing in the love of anonymous strangers in return for telling pretty stories.
Truly, a majestic beast.
>>
>>44116826
I tell you, it's the medication, it... changed him!
>>
Votes called, writing.
>>
File: Waiting Room Cigarette Case.jpg (27 KB, 340x395) Image search: [Google]
Waiting Room Cigarette Case.jpg
27 KB, 340x395
>>44116244
"What're the odds that I can get a straight answer from you?" you ask, leaning forward on the bench.

"High."

"Informative answer?"

"Low," Lora answers, blowing a ring of smoke.

"Am I one of those twelve remaining names?" you ask quietly.

"No. You are the heritor."

"Do your restrictions change with each one you're freed from?"

"Not enough."

"Why not?" you press.

"They usually have to do with how I treated the now-deceased individual. The Master sets the rules."

"Why'd you come out of the chain when the Vintner died?"

"It was part of the deal."

"What deal?"

Lora sucks a long drag from the cigar and shakes her head.

"Do the others know the Vintner is dead?"

"Almost certainly," the angel answers with a smile.

"How do they feel about that?" you continue.

Lora leans in and drapes her sword across her knees. The weapon sobs openly, desperately begging to be killed.

"Afraid," she hisses, in hateful glee. "One more question."

> What do you ask?
>>
>>44117040
>What happens when they're all dealt with?
>>
What will you do once they're gone?
>>
>>44117040
>What happens when they're all dealt with?
>>
>>44117040
So guys, whats the chance she decides to turn on humanity upon being freed of all her chains?

Also who the fuck gave vinter that chain, he was definitely not powerful enough to enslave an angel himself.
>>
>>44117040
Why'd they chain you?
>>
>>44117177
> whats the chance she decides to turn on humanity?

Low from what we know (angels enforce the laws of the world, they don't randomly kill people), but probably worth keeping in mind.

> who the fuck gave the vinter that chain?

The Master, presumably. Since he sets the rules.
>>
>>44117240
So, what are the odds the bottom of the Dungeon just leads straight to Hell and the Master is Satan?
>>
>>44117272
That would be very Diablo. Not ruling it out.
>>
>is there anything you want to tell me but you can't say unless i ask for it specifically?
>>
>>44117373
Inb4 he can't be beaten and Bri has to take the Angel's place
>>
>>44117394
This
>is there anything you want to tell me but you can't say unless i ask for it specifically?
>>
Calling the vote. Writing.
>>
>>44117410
Inb4 Bri, Amy and Nathan fuse together and get sent back in time to become the angel
>>
>>44117716
So, wait, do they get a dick and two vagina's if that's the case? Or does Amy only contribute the wings?
>>
>>44117749
Fetch contributes the wings.
>>
File: 1449514321996.jpg (112 KB, 572x303) Image search: [Google]
1449514321996.jpg
112 KB, 572x303
>>44117040
You contemplate. "What happens to you when they're all dealt with?"

"...Not what happens to /you/?" Lora asks; for the first time, she looks puzzled.

"I said what I fucking meant."

The angel looks not unpleasantly surprised. "I...will be free. Well. 'Free'. I will report to my true superiors. I will explain my failure, and your appointment, and they will act from there. I find it likely that they will choose to uphold my decision. They never had much interest in this place."

"That still doesn't make sense," you complain. Lora shrugs.

"I say what I can."

You wake up. With a hangover. Of fucking course.

You have the ear of at least two power groups in the Basement - Lakehallow, and the Labyrinth Tribe. The minotaur-lead goblins are on friendly relations with Lakehallow, if still a bit awkward and edgy as the two cultures acclimate. You:

> Expand your influence in the Basement
> Introduce the Labyrinth Tribe to Glen
> Seek explicit political power rather than influence
>>
>>44117771
tiny, tiny wings
>>
>>44117784
>In the meantime, upgrade more chickens
>>
>>44117784
> Find something else that would make good undead. Chickens are nice, but they won't cut it forever. Excluding Fetch, of course.
>>
>>44117784
>Expand your influence in the Basement
and >>44117834
>Find the time to upgrade some chickens
>>
>>44117815
>>44117834
> In the meantime, upgrade more chickens

Both of these, unless that's infeasible, in which case just the first one.
>>
I want to give fetch a mount, like a proper knight. Preferably out of another chicken skeleton. Or better yet, a bone mech. A big one.
>>
>>44117784
>Introduce the Labyrinth Tribe to Glen
>Craft armor out of bones or something
>>
>>44117784
>> Introduce the Labyrinth Tribe to Glen
>>
>>44117784
>> Introduce the Labyrinth Tribe to Glen
Like Bri said, they're wasted raiding caravans
>>
File: DC Comics mirror universe.jpg (64 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
DC Comics mirror universe.jpg
64 KB, 600x400
>>44117879
>Find something else that would make good undead. Chickens are nice, but they won't cut it forever. Excluding Fetch, of course.
This. We're still building a name for ourselves here, and do we really want to be known as the Chicken Lady? No offense to Amy, but her hanging out with us doesn't help matters.
>>
>>44117784
Keep our word and all, but if we can do both
>>
>>44117784
>> Expand your influence in the Basement

If that's what the nice angel lady wants us to do, then that's probably what we should do.

It's probably a useful thing to be doing in any case...and there's no reason we can't be expanding our influence at least partly by doing some good for these people.
>>
Keep our word and all, but if we can do both
>>
Calling in four minutes.
>>
>>44117879
I'm this guy; I just wanted to add
> Introduce the Labyrinth Tribe to Glen
>>
Vote called. Writing.
>>
File: EEEQ05I.png (489 KB, 650x445) Image search: [Google]
EEEQ05I.png
489 KB, 650x445
>>44117784
Ultimately, you decide to split your group's attention. You and Amy travel the Basement, meeting the denizens of the various territories and bringing the good news: the Vintner is dead, and nobody wants a fight any more. Meetings are brokered, mediated, and scheduled for sequels.

Ultimately, you get seen as good news.

"He's a bloody goblin!"

"With no weapons or armor," Nathan says to the Glen militia member, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"What does he want with Glen?"

"To buy books. From the bookstore. With money. The money he is holding in his hand, right now. He is in fact attempting to pay you not to shoot him."

"...Oh."

"Put the fucking crossbow away, Jules."

"Yessir. Sorrysir."

You upgrade your chickens to give them:

> Greater offense and a ranged attack.
> Increased intelligence and initiative (near-sapient in the case of the currently-upgraded chicken)
> Greater toughness and speed.
>>
>>44118633
>> Greater offense and a ranged attack.
>>
>>44118633
"To buy books. From the bookstore. With money. The money he is holding in his hand, right now. He is in fact attempting to pay you not to shoot him."
Lol

>>
>>44118633
>Greater offense and a ranged attack.
>>
>>44118633
>Greater offense and a ranged attack
>Try to keep them all around the same level of intelligence for simplicity
>>
>>44118633
>> Greater toughness and speed.
CAPITALISM HO!
>>
>>44118633
>Greater offense and a ranged attack.
Everyone hates the ranged minions, which is a good enough reason for me!
>>
>>44118633
>>
They may be undead monsters, but they're ultimately still chickens. Toughening them up seems like a smart move, considering how fragile they'd normally be.
>>
>>44118633
> Greater offense and a ranged attack

Hydralisk chickens yes.
>>
File: tumblr_mdgkb8H9zU1qcr6iqo1_1280.jpg (186 KB, 720x900) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdgkb8H9zU1qcr6iqo1_1280.jpg
186 KB, 720x900
>>44118633
>> Greater offense and a ranged attack.
>>
>>44118633
Why not make it a combo? They're chickens, and they are already a small target. They won't get smashed if they can bob and weave in and out of combat.
>Greater offence and speed
>>
>>44118633
Get them to be harassers.
>>
>>44118633
Feels like the right choice. Your party has a lot of people who engage in melee. You need more oomph at a range.

I think this is the last time we should focus on chickens though. At this point, we need something beefy and scary.
>>
>>44118633
Okay, a bit late to the party, but--

Could we give FETCH input on what he wants his brethren equipped with? Maybe we could make him a command and control weapons systhen?

>"Now witness the fully armed and operational firepower of this battlechicken!"
>>
Calling in twelve. Last chance to make or alter votes.
>>
>>44118998
Oh dear god. Fetch is the knightly leader, well-rounded and intelligent. The second is the Terminator chicken, with thick hide or scales instead of feathers and a heavy beak and talons. The third is an undead Archaeopteryx that fires off spines or quills like a freaking Hydralisk.
>>
>>44119211
Now all we need is a fourth undead chicken who can cast spells, and we'll have an adventuring party within an adventuring party!
>>
>>44119211
I wholeheartedly approve of this
>>
Called. Writing.
>>
>>
>>44119336
I can see it now! The Poultry Pals! The heroes of chicks and lovers of hens everywhere! No fox dares enter the coop when they're in town! /Will they be victorious in the struggle against the dastardly Mr. Sanders?/
>>
File: Lakehallow Docks.jpg (192 KB, 832x468) Image search: [Google]
Lakehallow Docks.jpg
192 KB, 832x468
>>44118633
Man, offense won by an absurd degree.

Your chickens, including Fetch, have gained necromantic claws; Fetch's beak now ripples with the same dark energies. They may fire quills of bone from their wings that are laced with necrotoxin.

Amy catches you in Lakehallow, between one errand and another.

"Hey, Bri," she asks, her face red from running and a smile on her face. "Glad I caught ya, been meaning to ask - do you smoke those horrible cigs because they're all you have, or because they were a gift? Like, do you just smoke socially or do you like smoking?"

> "Honestly, it's because I didn't want to refuse the gift. I only smoke socially."
> "I would literally sell my body for decent tobacco you do not even know."
> "I didn't used to, but honestly it's kind of grown on me."

A week has passed since the fall of the Vintner. Everyone has been busy; you with diplomacy, Nathan and Amy with helping and with negotiating the alliance between Glen and the Labyrinth tribe.

Trade from the Lichyard has still not manifested.

> Give your cousin his day and a night, after precautions.
> Spend a day with Amy
> Spend a day with Nate
> Write-in.

CHOOSE. ONLY. ONE. YOU. MULTI. CHOICE. PEOPLE. YOU.
>>
>>44120008
>Gift
>Cousin joyride.
>>
>>44120008

>>
>>44120008
>> "Honestly, it's because I didn't want to refuse the gift. I only smoke socially."
>> "I would literally sell my body for decent tobacco you do not even know."

>CHOOSE. ONLY. ONE. YOU. MULTI. CHOICE. PEOPLE. YOU.
you're no fun

>it's....comforting, in an odd way, when I remember how I got these. Like suffering shared.
>>
>>44119509
No, no, clearly we need to develop Fetch until he's a chicken lich and his spirit is too powerful for a physical shell, so we can awaken his latent power as a POLTRYGEIST!
>>
>>44120008
>"I would literally sell my body for decent tobacco you do not even know."
I am going to bed now. Good night and don't let him fuck anything.
>>
>>44120008

>>
>>44120008
> Spend a day with Amy
>>
>>44120008
> "Honestly, it's because I didn't want to refuse the gift. I only smoke socially."
>>
>>44120008
>I only smoke socially
>Spend a day with Amy
>>
>>44120008
Because honestly, Bri's fucked up enough that I imagine she'd addicted to something to help take the edge off, but she's also smart enough that she'd settle for one of the less dangerous things to be addicted to (especially in the short term, since in the long term she can just go lich).

Spending a day with the teammates would be fun, but we have a debt we need to work off, and we're unlikely to have a better time than now.
>>
>>44120008
>I'll smoke if I have a pack, but I won`t go out of my way to acquire one
>Let the cousin take a joy ride in our body
>>
>>44120008

>>
>>44120008
>I prefer pipes, but these cigs are all I have at the moment. Kells took his pipe with him, the bastard.

>>
Calling in twelve.

I am drunk.
>>
File: spoop came on 2 stronk.gif (3 MB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
spoop came on 2 stronk.gif
3 MB, 350x263
>>44120728
and now, to take advantage of you!
>>
>>44120728
>I am drunk.
Excellent.
>>
Called. Writing.
>>
>>44120008
"Honestly, I'd sell my body to get decent tobacco," you tell the bird.

"Oooooh," comes her fascinated reply; she giggles when you whap her on the head with your silk hat. "Thanks!"

Amy runs off, calling out to someone down the street.

Preparations are made. Drinks are laid out. The situation is explained to Slaughter, Nathan, and Amy. And then you let Mark take over.

You come to precisely one day and night later. Hangover? Check. Completely naked? Check. Cold? Okay, that's new. And you feel strangely un-fucked, which is odd because the last three times you've done this you've woken up almost as fucked as a guy who punched a lawyer in public.

You open your eyes to pitch blackness and wish you hadn't. You reach for your hat and cannot find it. Eventually, though, a glow from above catches your attention. You look up from the stone floor to see a map of the Basement done in glowing paint. A tiny dot is labeled 'You are here' in your own handwriting.

You're in the middle of the Obstacle Course.

You are buck-ass naked.

And you have none of your magical implements.

> Contact Fetch.
> Curse Mark's name at the top of your lungs.
> Literally kill yourself.
>>
>>44121141
>> Contact Fetch.

Fuck you, Mark. Just... the worst.
>>
>>44121141
> Contact Fetch.
Gallant knight, rescue me.
>>
>>44121141
> Contact Fetch.
>>
>>44121141
> Curse Mark's name at the top of your lungs.

Uhhhhhh
>>
>>44121141
>Sit upright for now, take things slowly and work around the hangover instead of pushing in one go
>Contact Fetch
>>
>>44121141
Ugh. Jesus wept. Mark really is That Guy, isn't he? And how the hell did our purported friends let McDouchebag run off into the dungeon?

>Curse Mark's name at the top of your lungs.
>Contact Fetch. SAVE ME, OH GALLANT KNIGHT!
Looks like Operation: Ninja Chicken is a go.
>>
>>44121288
Honestly, this trumps what I expected, I thought we'd just wake up in bed naked between Amy and Fetch
>>
>>44121288

Mark's prolly had practice escaping from Bri's preparations before.
>>
>>44121141
> Contact Fetch. And maybe ask him to find the idiot who told Mark about the Obstacle Course and give them a good pecking.
>>
>>44121141
> Contact Fetch.
Time for the knight to rescue a damsel in distress.
>>
Called. Writing.
>>
File: Rejected Projects.jpg (171 KB, 1024x757) Image search: [Google]
Rejected Projects.jpg
171 KB, 1024x757
>>44121141
Your first urge is to loudly curse Mark, but that might get you killed and you're not sure you want to test how immortal you are just yet. You reach for Fetch's emotions and feel the bird's concern.

<I'm at the Obstacle Course> you manage, blearily. <Don't get Nathan or Amy, they'll just die. I need. I need my hat. And. My coat.>

<Yes, my queen!> Fetch cries dutifully. <At once!>

You're cold, and naked, and your head hurts, and the air is freezing, and /gods what is that shuffling, sniffing sound, it's fucking massive/.

Amy'd said the natives of the Obstacle Course weren't targeted by its traps, though...

> Hold still.
> Try to make a break for it.
> RIDE THAT MONSTER! RIDE IT TO FREEDOM!
> Write-in.
>>
>>44121708
>> RIDE THAT MONSTER! RIDE IT TO FREEDOM!
i can never resist the animal option
>>
>>44121708

QM is officially wasted.
>>
>>44121708
Do we have our smokes on us?

If so,

>Light up. Now's a good time to remember life can always be shittier.

If not,

>Hold still

Find that monster, get in a staring contest with it. We can ride the monster to freedom when we win.
>>
>>44121708
New party member/undead minion!
>>
>>44121708
>Hold still.
>Deathsight
>>
>>44121708

Weirdly, I think this option is legitimately the smartest one. Holding still is likely to get us killed by the monster, and trying to make a break for it is likely to get us killed by the traps. Riding the monster is ludicrously risky, but it has the serious advantage of actually being super helpful if we can pull it off.
>>
>>44121817
>Hold still.
>Deathsight
No matter what we all choose though, I think everyone should write in death sight.
>>
>>44121708
>>
>>44121864
Can we deathsight without our hat? I seem to recall we used it in the first casting, and Bri's possessiveness of it may not have been entirely out of sentiment.
>>
>>44121864
No hat means no death sight. Remember?
>>
>>44121925
Infinite sadness.
>>
>>44121708
Why the hell does Mark seem to be doing his best to get Bri killed while still sticking to the letter of the agreement.

I mean she's like his last living relative or something so wouldn't her dying mean no more opportunities to joyride the living world?
>>
>>44122014
First, because Mark is an asshole.

Second because Bri is the last of her branch of the family, but not the last of the la Croix. She's just...not familiar, with the other sides of the family. They live elsewhere, and did not meet often.
>>
>>44122032
Still seems like a dick move without even much in the way of personal gain. Also in the future we call on different ancestors for help.
>>
>>44121925
the hat was in charge of deathsight? Good to know
>>
>>44121708
> Hold still.

before we can ride our new steed to freedom, er must first determine if it is, in fact, a mount worthy of our station.
>>
Okay folks. I'm collapsing in my seat. Underestimated my hate vs. drink balance and the drink won.

Gonna leave vote open, and get some sleep.
>>
>>44122478
Rest Now, O drunken and Self Loathing Lord of Caffeine and Beauteous Prose. For on the Morrow, We Ride Heads High and Flesh Bare! Onward, to Free a Fair Seraphim of the Deathly Choir!
>>
>>44122072
they're the ones who answer, though. If he's the one who comes, I'm not entirely sure we can "reroll", as it were.
>>
In fairness to Mark, he either got us out here buck-ass naked without any of our gear which would likely mean that he at least did not realize how dangerous getting back would be, somehow had a convincing enough argument that our friends took our gear back in which case we should hear it before we judge, or got us out here with our gear and it was later stolen from us which is not (as such) his fault.
>>
Votes called.

Must eliminate hangover. Then writing. Someone extract my soul so I can ride this shit out in safety.
>>
File: F3Sdx5U.png (135 KB, 313x310) Image search: [Google]
F3Sdx5U.png
135 KB, 313x310
>>44121708
You have an idea. And you're not sure if this is in the class of stupid ideas that's really, honestly, you-fucked-up-forever stupid, or if it's if-it's-stupid-but-it-works-it's-not-stupid. But you've been eaten alive at least once in the last year and you'd really rather not make that a trend in your life.

You tense, feeling whatever it is come closer. Something clacks against the stone, like massive hooves.

If this works, your kids are getting told this story forever. You coil up, and...

Leap!

[HIDDEN CHECK: PASSED]

You land on coarse, brisly fur. The beast beneath you is massive, and freezes up in surprise. You desperately turn yourself around and grab what is either massive tusks or the world's most shittily-placed scythe-like claws.

Then it lets out a massive squeal, like a boar, and charges off into the dark.

Excellent. Well. Not excellent, but better than death.

<NEVERMIND FETCH GET AMY AND NATE I'M COMING OUT!>

<Going! Going now!>

The boar bursts into the twilit cavern that contains Lakehallow, squealing in fear and fury. You can see Nathan and Amy sprinting towards you from the distance, and you haul on the tusks to turn your ride.

> AMY CATCH ME!
> NATHAN KILL IT!
> DON'T HURT IT!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.