[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ryukuza Quest: Protector of Smiles and Demigod Dragonette
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 19
File: Bad News.jpg (321 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
Bad News.jpg
321 KB, 600x500
Stage 108: Sacred and Holy, Profane and Impure.

Toshida Ginka is a very simple person in seeming, but that's not entirely what she is. She is undoubtedly a youkai-born, specifically a child of the kappa, which makes her an unusual sort of spirit child to begin with. Aside from the jaundiced cast of her skin (which is saying something of a pure Japanese), her green hair and a pair of crimson eyes that literally glow in the dark she doesn't really seem all that unusual. You can tell how strong the glow from her eyes is because you can see the light they give off even in the shadow of a tree or building.

She is very polite, and you make her a little nervous, both being a dragonette, and an ocean-going one at that. You don't think she's the sort who likes lilies as a general rule, but this isn't the first time you've seen a non-clan youkai born either bend over backwards or lose their shit entirely when confronted by dragonettes or dragonnes. Something, you suspect, about the seeming spiritual connections that the dragon-children have. Which is often real enough, but that's never been something you've tried to capitalize on, even now.

Considering what a rough morning it's been for you – you're emotionally exhausted even if your body doesn't need sleep or, apparently, food – you're following Ginka-san to meet with the chief diver of the Ama divers that are here today. You're also looking forward to visiting the gardens, but it would be really nice to be allowed to swim in the ocean, even if there's no actual pearl diving involved.
>>
File: Toshida-san 1.png (693 KB, 1587x3188) Image search: [Google]
Toshida-san 1.png
693 KB, 1587x3188
>>44109386
Not only is it illegal to dive in the area because of the pearl farms, it's quite dangerous; less because of sharks and snakes than because of the depth of the water and the somewhat stronger current that can occur near the island. Still, the Ama put on exhibitions regularly, when the tides and currents are at their least dangerous. You nod understandingly as Toshida explains that she's been trained like a human despite her abilities, because unlike her father she doesn't have the water on her head to protect her. “I can still heal from amazing injuries and I have some influence with the plants, but mostly I can just breathe water and swim well. But that won't help against a tide.”

“Only Ryujin can control those,” you agree, the thought of being this much closer to where your father lives kind of daunting in a way.

She leads you through the main building, nodding to most of the people, though she takes care to protect the left side of her face by judicious nods and her long hair. The pass you possess surprises her at first, but you explain that you came with the priestess and are part of her entourage. That gives you a little more leeway than most people, which makes it easier for you to get to where you are going – the locker rooms for the Ama divers, off limits to all civilians. There Ginka is much more at ease, not concerned about the scars along her face at all. The other divers average between twenty and forty years ol6, but there is one older woman whom you recognize as able to see your true nature immediately. Ginka smiles. “This is Zuijin Zunbera-ama, the chief of the Ama divers,” she says proudly. You bow deeply and smile, but the hackles on the back of your neck are raised and you have to work hard at keeping your tail still. Despite your discomfiture, there are a couple of the younger woman who are interested in you and who are gathering around to see you greet their leader.
>>
File: Ba-chan.jpg (11 KB, 200x253) Image search: [Google]
Ba-chan.jpg
11 KB, 200x253
>>44109433
Zunbera-ama smiles somewhat toothlessly at you, and nods her head slowly. Her hair is white and coiled carefully, held by in place by wooden hair-sticks. She seems fairly spry, and you imagine she's pretty strong to still be diving at this age. But that's not what worries you. The elderly woman in the white outfit of the Ama divers is human, you're fairly sure, but her name is made up of two words. The last is Tutelary Spirit....but her first name is another name for noppera-bo – the faceless spirits that hunt spirit-children.

[] Relax, she hasn't eaten any of the ones here....right?
[] Bow politely and express the honor you have to meet her.
[] Excuse yourself for your presumption, and apologize for wasting her time.
[] Bow and wait for her to acknowledge you.
[] Salute her properly, as a miko should.
>>
Ryukuza Quest! Yay!

Hi XS, how are you?
>>
Ryu Ryukusa is tall at 5' 8", but this becomes 6' in her true form. She is fully grown. Lesbian top.
Kiku is 5' 1" for ever and ever. Lesbian submissive.
Akari is 5' 3", and has another few inches to grow. Sexuality is weird, switch, cosplayer.
Yui is 5' 6" and will only grow due to circumstances beyond her control. Dyke, switch.
Kiki is 5' 6", and is at full growth. Bisexual bottom.
Er Yin is the tallest at 5' 10" and is fully grown. Lesbian dominant.
Jinyuu is 5' 7" but persistently hovers an extra three inches above the ground or floor because of her nature as a seer. Straight.
Hinata-hakase is 6' 3". Sexuality is terrifying.
Hidesato is 5' 5". Straight.
Kushinada is 5' 8". Straighter.
Taisho Ryoga is 5' 9". Who knows.
Hyun Chisato is 5' 4”, and is fully grown. Lolicon with plausible deniability.
Rie is 8” tall or 5' 5”, and is fully cat. Her sexuality is cat.
Hagyu Genso is 12' 5” standing upright. He is by and large gay.
Mizumi Shoko is 7' 2”, is fully grown. Bisexual top.
Yuuhi is 4'11” and is fully grown. Yuuhi a cute.
Tokei Isusangi, Inau-kun is 5' 3” and still confused.
Reiha is 5' 5 1/2”, and is milfy.
Peta is 3' 2”. Peta is \>.</ aka Her Most Imperial Highness Patanjali Piri Yokuhime Kuronogitsune Pa
Detective-san, aka Mugon Chujo is fully grown at 5'11”, and straight.
Kenji Soomi is 5' 4” and gothic lolita.
Musumi Kanako is 5' 6.5”, and is pretty straight.
Hebiki Naoto is 5' 9” and belligerently omnivorous, sexually. You hope only sexually.
Kodachi Umetsume is 5' 4”, and fully grown. Practicing asexual.
Melinda Blitzenberg is 5'10”, fully grown and horrible. Maybe confused.
Toshida Ginka is 5” 3”, and fully grown. Turtles have a reputation.
Ryuu Wakaba is a head shorter and also deceased.
Margaret Steinhausen is gratefully dead.
>>
Twitter: @XsQuestmistress

Previous Thread: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/44041262/

Interlude: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/37879167/

Threads in Chronological Order, including writeups by XS : http://pastebin.com/Z53TyK0N
or search for Title: Ryukuza on Suptg

Barrier Combat Guide: http://pastebin.com/rZLwzvGx

>Ryukusa's Treasures

Eight hundred and sixty-two cat youkai live in your aura

Nyoi-ju, the Wishing Jewel.

Matagama-no-Shitoki, a kami in it's own right that protects Ryukusa from inimical magic.

Ame-no-Omukade-no-Musume – Ryukusa's mukade possessed wakizashi; a kami. “Daughter of my Centipede of Rain.”

Gendai-no-Muteki-no-Buki - Invincible Weapon of the Present Age, a secret kami-blade given to Ryukusa by Wakaba

Ryukusa's Family.

>Talismans:
Akari – Centipede
Er Yin – Scorpion
Kiki – Toad
Kiku – Lizard
Yui – Snake
>>
>>44109462
>[x] Bow politely and express the honor you have to meet her.
>>
>>44109462

>[] Bow and wait for her to acknowledge you.

>Bow politely and express the honor you have to meet her.

>[] Salute her properly, as a miko should.
>>
>>44109473
>Doing all right.
>>
>>44109462
>[] Bow and wait for her to acknowledge you.
>[] Salute her properly, as a miko should.
>>
As long as we don't call her granny. Might be a bit rude.
>>
Errr, if we don't vote for the "relax" option, does it mean we keep being worried ?

>>44109386
>>44109488

>You don't think she's the sort who likes lilies as a general rule, but this isn't the first time you've seen a non-clan youkai born either bend over backwards or lose their shit entirely when confronted by dragonettes or dragonnes
>Turtles have a reputation.

If it's Ryukusa, it can't be helped?

Also, I've learned that some species of lizards where all-female and reproduced with parthenogenesis
>>
>>44109632
>Also, I've learned that some species of lizards where all-female and reproduced with parthenogenesis
That peculiar fact was part of the basis of this entire quest being made.
>>
>>44109632

In any case, this girl is cute as hell. I hope she won't get killed.
>>
>>44109691
As long as she's not an enemy it'll probably be okay!
>>
>>44109462
[x] Relax, she hasn't eaten any of the ones here....right?
[x] Salute her properly, as a miko should.
>>
>>44109686

Well, if it was talked about before, I forgot about it.
>>
>>44109719

Things aren't that easy. We helped several of our enemies, and we had to kill people who weren't
>>
>>44109747
Well she's hardly in Wakaba's situation here.
>>
>>44109462
>[x] Relax, she hasn't eaten any of the ones here....right?
>[x] Salute her properly, as a miko should.
>>
[X] Salute her properly, as a miko should.
[X] Bow politely and express the honor you have to meet her.
[X] Bow and wait for her to acknowledge you.

You step forward, lowering your eyes as you do so, and lift both hands covering left fist with the right closed over it, rather than flat or held apart. Bowing over your hands you speak clearly and firmly. “You are kind to this lowly miko for allowing me to greet you in person, Zunbera-ama. Please forgive my presumption, and allow me to accompany you on your dive today. My priestess has not ordered it of me, but I would be greatly honored to be allowed this opportunity to dive with the Ama this one time in my life.” the other woman make soft noises of surprise and interest at your formal and perhaps overly polite treatment of their chief.

“Ah, you are a thoughtful little dragon, and I am honored that you would wish to dive with us today.” Her voice is old and rough, yet kind, much kinder than you kind of expected, but that's a good thing. You think. You're pretty sure. “Girls, listen: today we are blessed with a mizuchi to come help us!” It takes an effort not to look up in surprise; mizuchi are dangerous water dragons, which pretty much defines almost every Water dragonette or Water dragonne. “Today, at the very least, we do not have to worry about any isonade, or any funayurei,”she says, sounding quite pleased with that. The women laugh and giggle, clearly not believing in the tales of giant barb-tailed fish or ghosts of drowned fishermen.
>>
>>44110073
“Please come closer, little dragon miko,” she says, and you stand up, approaching carefully, which just means gracefully to everyone watching. Ginka-san is blushing, pleased she's done what is apparently a good thing for her friends and co-workers. “What is your name, youngster? You have the bearing of great people about you.” That kind of gets you some confused and curious looks from the Ama. It's obvious she can see your true nature, which isn't too much of a surprise, as she's both elderly, and clearly spiritually inclined. She's also been around Ginka-san for a while, and maybe cares about her, if Ginka's reaction is any indicator.

[] Honesty might be best in this case.
[] The basic facts only, not too much more.
[] Stick to your cover story, always.
[] You might want to prevaricate just a bit.
[] Test gingerly to see if she's involved with any of your “allies” or enemies.
>>
>>44110097
>[] The basic facts only, not too much more.
>[] Test gingerly to see if she's involved with any of your “allies” or enemies.
Little point lying, but we can stick to the basics at least.
>>
>>44110097
[x] The basic facts only, not too much more.
[x] Test gingerly to see if she's involved with any of your “allies” or enemies.
>>
>>44110097
>[x] Honesty might be best in this case.
>>
>>44110097
Just our name of course.
>>
4chan connection troubles continuing today?

Well anyway, Ryukusa's instincts are usually quite good so if granny seems kindly I guess we probably don't have much to worry about here. Hopefully.
>>
>tfw nobody wants to break the tie
>>
>>44110097
This>>44110186
>>
>>44110097
>>
>>44110546
>>44110576
Anons pls.
I expect XS gave up waiting and started writing already anyway.
>>
>>44110596
Probably, I didn't know this was running today, I would've voted faster
>>
>>44110615
Eh, it's Friday so it's not too surprising to have a slow day.
>>
[XX] Honesty might be best in this case.
[XX] The basic facts only, not too much more.
[XX] Test gingerly to see if she's involved with any of your “allies” or enemies.

You kneel politely, sitting seiza slightly to the side in case she should need or desire to get up. “My name would be Watatsumi Aoi, Zunbera-ama,” you begin casually, using the older, less well known name for the sea-dragon gods before he was renamed Owatatsumi and then Ryujin. Technically it could be your name, but this old woman is pretty canny.

Her grin widens and she leans forward, her eyes still dark and clear. “Oh, Watasumi? Well, then, we are doubly blessed to have you with us this day. I my old bones tell me that an umibozu might surface today.” That stops you from continuing; you had planned to tell her your real name, but that was nothing if not a warning. Umibozu were hulking shadowy specters that drowned entire boats of fishermen, and one of the most feared of the oceanic youkai.

“Ba-chan, you're bones are always telling you some monster or another is coming to get us!” one of the other woman complains mildly. The laughter and mirth her claim creates is reassuring, but the old woman cackles softly along with them.

“Then, it will be my honor to help protect the Ama from the monk who drowns sailors, Zunbera-ama,” you say solemnly, earning you a bunch of titters and giggles.
>>
>>44110685
“Oh, please don't encourage her, she predicts doom and destruction twice a day!” another diver chides you, but not in an unfriendly manner. Another woman pipes up with, “Well, at least she's not having us carry sake jars down to the water to appease the shojo!” That earns more laughter, and a response of, “She probably sneaked down there and got drunk while we all cleaned our diving robes!” More laughter, and Zunbera-ama cackles gleefully.

Somehow you think that the old lady DID give the red-haired sea sprites all that sake.

“So, she can really dive with us, ba-chan?” asks Ginka eagerly. The scars don't pull at her smile, and she is very happy to have made a new friend – you don't need water eyes for that.

“Yes child, she can swim with us. I look forward to it, it should be quite a show today!” Turning back to you, Zunbera-ama lowers her voice a little. “Why don't you come back here at about eleven thirty. We can get you a diving robe and teach you what little you need to know, Aoi-chan.”

“Thank you, Zunbera-ama-” “Oh, just call me granny, all my girls do!” You smile and bow your head. “Yes, ba-chan. Thank you very much!” Ginka is practically dancing in place, and you rise, bowing deeply once more and greeting the other ladies of the Ama divers as you leave, Ginka following close behind you.

“That went better than I expected!” Ginka exclaims breathlessly.

[] Much better than you expected actually.
[] Study her scars a moment, see what caused them.
[] Well it's only natural – she must have been a priestess or a miko herself.
[] ….about diving today, maybe you shouldn't.
[] You had faith that Ginka knew her ba-chan well.
>>
>>44110703
>[x] You had faith that Ginka knew her ba-chan well.
>[x] Well it's only natural – she must have been a priestess or a miko herself.
>>
>>44110703
>[] Well it's only natural – she must have been a priestess or a miko herself.
>[] You had faith that Ginka knew her ba-chan well.
Studying her scars seems rude, I'm sure we'll find out what they're about when she tells us at some point.
>>
>>44110703
We definitely have to dive now.
>>
>>44110703
>[] Study her scars a moment, see what caused them.
>>
>>44110703
[] You had faith that Ginka knew her ba-chan well.
>>
>>44110703
>>
>>44110703
>>
How are we going to hide the tattoos? Yakuza tattoos might be suspicious.
>>
>>44110893
I'm sure Ryukusa has a way. With MAGIC!
>>
>>44110909
Alternatively, just hope Ryukusa with tattoos looks so lovely that all the girls swoon enough not to make the connection (granny has obviously seen through our disguise anyway).
>>
>>44110955
hope that last part does not backfire.
>>
>>44111001
I'd rather not ask at all.
>>
>>44111001

Do you think I should edit it? I'm not sure

She can see our own scars, right?
>>
>>44111052
It should stay out.
It IS rude. There's a time and a place, and this is neither of those.
>>
>>44111052
Eh, on one hand they're pretty obvious and it's not like she'll think Ryukusa hasn't noticed them. On the other she might appreciate Ryukusa not really showing much interest in prying either, presumably it gets a lot of attention when she meets new people. Whether being asked directly or in the form of them awkwardly dancing around it.
>>
>>44110703

>Thank you for your help, Toshida-chan... or do you prefer Ginka-chan?

>Do you have many sea spirits like Umibozu, around here?
>>
>>44110703
[x] Well it's only natural – she must have been a priestess or a miko herself.
[x] You had faith that Ginka knew her ba-chan well.
>>
>>44111087
we could you know use our crutch. the all power full water eyes.
>>
>>44111115

1) They are not crutches.

2) They are not all powerful.

3) No need to do this yet.
>>
>>44111115
Ryukusa does not have any crutches. What she does have are tools designed to protect the smiles of cute girls and children.
>>
>>44111267
Betting on she has some in "Nowhere"
>>
>>44111267
What about old grannies and Christmas cakes?
>>
>>44111267

Everyone's smile is protected, idealy
>>
>>44111344

Ryukusa protects all the smiles but the ones of her enemies (and even then, it's not a hard rule).

For her sexual preference, we know the youngest is "ancient everloli", but not sure about the oldest. I'm not sure we met any woman in herr 40's-50's of which Ryukusa noted the beauty, though
>>
>>44111433
I'm not sure we've met anyone looking middle-age at all to be honest. And given the seemingly eternally youthful looks of Ryukusa's family and the general difficulty of matching normal human aging to the far lengthier lifespans of supernatural beings (all of which have their own length seemingly as well) it becomes a weird comparison.
>>
>>44111491

Several of the pearl divers are middle-aged, I think
>>
>>44111518
I think anon meant among spirit children.
>>
>>44111588

Oh. Well, there was maybe Genso, but it may be just an impression because of the white hair
>>
>>44111588
Er Yin is not middle aged but i kind of got Christmas cake feel for her.
>>
>>44111676
Mind you as in the anime 25 year old single teacher kind of way.
>>
[XX] You had faith that Ginka knew her ba-chan well.
[X] Well it's only natural – she must have been a priestess or a miko herself.
[+] HAVE you had any serious youkai or kami trouble?

“I'm pretty sure you would have convinced her, Ginka-san; you seem pretty close to Zunbera-ama.” She waves to one of the few other spirit-children in this place, a glasses wearing, kind of heavyset oni-child woman who seems to be born of wood, and is carrying a stack of papers after a human man who is ranting about something important to him. A guilty glance is alls she gets in return, but Ginka's understanding smile eases the troubled look on the oni-woman's face, and she seems to take heart from the exchange.

Interesting.

“Well, she is kind of everyone's granny, really. She's not the oldest diver, but she's always here, unlike a lot of the other ones. She is more at home here than anywhere else. They should let her stay year round, really, but that's not possible I guess.” You nod, understanding the problem. Most of the Ama divers worked secondary jobs in addition to their diving to begin with, and with only minimal work nowadays for them, it only makes it harder. “Still, ba-chan takes care of us and I think she really does intercede on our behalf with the kami.”
>>
>>44111676
I agree, it's mostly just due to her being tall and curved, and having a calm and dependable personality, both of which my brain automatically connects to maturity making her feel older than the rest of the cast. Well, older here meaning late-20s or so compared to late teens/early 20s for the others.
>>
File: Yui.png (3 MB, 2000x1413) Image search: [Google]
Yui.png
3 MB, 2000x1413
>>44111756
You nod, tucking your arm inside your jacket, letting the short sleeves remain empty. “I think she was a miko, at least, at some time in her life. She saw what I was right away, and who I was she figured out immediately, even though it's supposed to be a secret.” Ginka-san doesn't rise to the bate, merely nodding. It wouldn't be the first time someone important who had to hide became a monk, nun, or other religious person. “She seems to make up a lot of stuff, but I kind of wonder about that. I would bet there are times when strange things happen.”

Ginka nods, agreeing with you. “It's never anything big or shocking; red tides that don't hurt the pearl beds we work, but affect the others for example, or a starfish infestation that doesn't attack our abalone.” Definitely a miko at some point. The kami like her a lot. Ginka-san rubs her cheek absently, and you glance at her, though she doesn't say anything. “Despite what she says, there's never really been anything like isonade or umibozu. Though she's never mentioned anything quite that scary before, really.”

Unfortunately, that only makes the warning that much more ominous to you. “Well, I'll do my best to make sure that we all have a safe dive today, Toshida-chan....” Ginka smiles at you and shakes her head. “Ginka-chan, then? All right. You can call me Aoi-chan.” She walks with you towards one of the other bui8ldings, but you catch a glimpse of a particular flash of pale bronze hair headed towards the gardens. Too far away from a shout, really, with all the visitors starting to stream in, but it was definitely Yui.

[] Excuse me, I think I see one of the other miko....
[] Do you have time to visit the gardens with me?
[] Would you like to meet one of my friends?
[] I think I'm needed back at the temple....
[] Walk calmly and use the Void.
>>
>>44111778
>[] Do you have time to visit the gardens with me?
>>
>>44111778
>[x] Walk calmly and use the Void.
>[x] Do you have time to visit the gardens with me?
>>
>>44111778
>[x] Would you like to meet one of my friends?
It strikes me that Yui might not have quite as much tact as Ryukusa when it comes to the scars...oh well.
>>
>>44111844
Yui probably wouldn't even notice them. Yuuhi might say something, but she's senile.
>>
>>44111887
Yuuhi truly is the real granny around here.
>>
>>44111778
[] Would you like to meet one of my friends?
>>
>>44111778
>[] Do you have time to visit the gardens with me?
>>
>>44111778

>[] Walk calmly and use the Void.
>[] Would you like to meet one of my friends?

>[] I have to see with my head priestess if I have some free time right now, but if I have, would you like to visit the gardens with me?>>44111844
Yui would see it as a nice detail on the girl's mask

>>44111887

Don't bully the Yuuhi.
>>
>>44111778
>[X] Do you have time to visit the gardens with me?
>[X] Would you like to meet one of my friends?
>[X] Walk calmly and use the Void.
>>> later on when akari is heal and we leave if everything goes that smothly we should warn them to somehow about the incoming disaster.
>>
>>44112000
It's not bullying if it's true anon.
>>
>>44112067

Yuuki is not senile, she is Enlightened

>>44112047

I think the plan was to have the mermaids warn them today
>>
>>44112109
Dont remember that being a thing that was happening today. well hope it goes well.
>>
File: 70fe8f191ccab1d307f6acca57948757.png (999 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
70fe8f191ccab1d307f6acca57948757.png
999 KB, 1000x1200
[X] Walk calmly and use the Void.
[XX] Do you have time to visit the gardens with me?
[XX] Would you like to meet one of my friends?
[+] If I have some more free time....

It takes effort to walk and use the Void, less because it takes Shen than because you pretty much become half-blind to the physical world around you. If you were anything but a Water dragonette it might be a bigger problem, but even as a demigod, your are a Water dragonette first and foremost.

(Yui-niji-chan, stay in the gardens. I'll come find you. I'm walking, I can't use this long.)

(Hai aniki. It isn't anything critical yet.)

Not promising, that. You were hoping for more rest. Then again, it can't be that bad yet, or she would have used a cloud to get an overview and hide from the people in the courtyard. “Ginka-chan....if you have some time, I'd like to introduce you to one of my friends who are helping the priestess. Actually, you probably saw her today now that I think about it – she was the taiko-drummer.”

Ginka's eyes widen. “Oh, I did see her. An oni-girl, she was fantastic!” You can't help but smile. An honest reaction like that would have to get through even to your thick-skulled herald. “Is she really a friend of yours, not just another miko?” She seems somewhat curious about your relationship, but not in the attracted kind of way. It's not in the manner of someone making sure of a target either. You're not quite sure what it is. But it's not threatening, which is the most important part.
>>
>>44112669
“Uh huh. She's my kohai, but she's adorable. She's also our healer, though she doesn't do any work on humans that I know of.” Ah, there it is, that touch to her scars, the faint embarrassment that isn't directed at your comment, but at herself. “No, I don't think so. But then again, she might.”

She really blushes at that. You smile. A genuine smile. “I see you haven't dealt with too many like me. We're not really super smart, we just notice everything. Aaaaand, I kinda have an attention disorder, which doesn't reaaaally help.” The kappa-child laughs at that, the momentary worry gone just like that. “Anyways, she went over to the gardens, so we can meet her there.”

“Oh, is that what you were doing. You kind of spaced out for a moment, even though you didn't stop walking. That must be a useful talent.” Ginka glances at you and bites her lip a little. “Do you mind if I ask something a little personal?”

[] Not really, I can always lie.
[] Well, depends on what you mean by personal.
[] Sorry, I'm married to a really nice girl?
[] It might not be a great idea, but all right.
[] I might ask one of you do though.
>>
>>44112694
>[x] Not really, I can always lie
>[x] Well, depends on what you mean by personal.
>>
>>44112742

I'm not for lying, here. Not answering, sure, but lying seems unnecessary
>>
>>44112694
>[x] Sorry, I'm married to a really nice girl?
I can't resist, the temptation is too great.
>>
>>44112694
>[] Sorry, I'm married to a really nice girl?
>>
>>44112788

We're married to several really nice girls, though, and we are planning to make it official for a few others
>>
>>44112694
>[] Well, depends on what you mean by personal.
>[] Sorry, I'm married to a really nice girl?
>>
>>44112694
>[] I might ask one if you do though.
>>
>>44112694

>Already asking me out? So bold...
>I don't mind, but I might not answer
>>
>>44112830
>>44112807
>>44112788

C'mon, don't shoot her down yet.
>>
>>44112694
>[x] Not at all.
>>
>>44112906
I just want to see her reaction, it'll be priceless.
>>
>>44112925
That's bullying is what it is!
>>
>>44112947
If it's Ryukuza....
>>
>>44113045

Ryukusa waits for them to be bound and horny before the bullying.

So much bullying.
>>
Yui worries me with the "nothing critical" part.
>>
>>44113087
But anon, Kiku is rarely bound and not always horny when Ryukusa starts bullying her. Even if the latter quickly changes.
>>
>>44112906
Pretty much what >>44112925 said.

Although I think the harem is getting kinda big, we already have six members and a potential seventh member.
>>
>>44113132
Oh shit I don't want to add anyone else, I just want to fluster the poor girl.
>>
>>44113143
She clearly most wants a friend anyway.
>>
>>44112694
>>Let her ask her question.
>>
>>44113167
Which is what we're doing, dunno where the sexing her came from
>>
>>44113229
She's cute.

Scars a cute.
>>
>>44113120

Well, a collar would change the first part quite nicely...

>>44113132
>>44113143

I'm still open for a few more persons in the harem, but in any case we just met this girl, so of course it's not serious. I'm just more for "oh my, you're quick" rather than "sorry, I'm taken".
>>
So I was the guy who suggested the dark version of Ryukaza as a possible squeal to this when we get there.

First thing that I think I already ask is if everyone would be okay with actually reading that and if XS would be okay writing it? I mean we've seen her at her best, or getting there, and this will flip that on its head pretty hard. Not to mention just possibly dragging down the mood of everyone what with getting into the characters heads and stuff from reading or writing it.

2nd, and the reason I mention this, is I forgot we have four other elements we could have played as.

I'd just rather not feel half responsible for anyone being miserable/hating this quest and I forgot we have a handful of other stories that I completely forgot about.
>>
>>44113284
I'm not really interested to be honest, Ryukuza has been focused on fairly light-hearted (even if it has more dramatic moments) fun since it was pitched even before XS ran. I don't feel any particular need to see these characters or even setting for that matter interpreted in a darker or grittier way. XS has plenty of other stories and ideas for something with a different tone I'm sure.

And also, speaking of that, XS has been running Ryukuza for a long time and many sessions now and we've still got a ways to go - I can't really imagine she'd want to revisit it for a long while if at all, in any form, when it's done.
>>
>>44113284
Nah, sounds kinda dumb. I like her the way she is, but I'll probably read whatever XS decides to do.
>>
>>44113263
Be content with what you have anon.
>>
>>44113284

If you mean "sequel", I wouldn't read it, and I would rather it not exist. I won't spoil the fun of anyone who wants to read it, though.

This aside, I thought about writing a fanfic exploring the theme of "what if Ryukusa was the worst?", but more as a reflexion/discussion for the characters of the quest that as something happening.
>>
>>44113284
That would just be reading Susano-oh's stint at being the divine enforcer, and we all already know that story.

In all honesty, I don't like it. If I want to read about A WORST, I'll just read the original fuckup's story.
>>
>>44113284
>okay with actually reading that
Nope. I read the first thread of slavebreaker quest when it was running, and I felt physically ill for several days after.
The current Ryukuza quest feels like a good mix of lighthearted fun and darker themes.
>>
>>44113354
>>44113355
>>44113423

Fair enough. I suggested it a few threads back and it seemed to get an okay-ish response. Not to mention XS already had a pic for dark ryukaza and a general idea of what would have happened telling me it was planned for if we went that route.

But, like I said, kind of forgot there were a bunch of other characters waiting in the wings we could have played as.

>>44113393
Right, sorry. Didn't mean Sequel sequel (stupid autocorrect) meant more of "branching timeline" or "What-if" probably starting with how we handled our oni-chick right at the start.
>>
>>44113443
Not gonna apologize. I put warnings in what I write. I am self impressed though, that's something of a compliment., thank you.
>>
Just read in WQDT that Ryukuza was evil. Literally what?
>>
[+] ….you really can't help with the teasing, you really can't....

“Not particularly, but I'm already married to a really nice girl, so I'm afraid that a date is out of the question.” She stumbles, but catches herself before you have to, as she turns to look at you, dumbfounded. With a shrug you smile. “It would take a long time to explain, but it is true. I'm kind of joking about the date though, we can still hang out, if the priestess doesn't need me.”

Ginka gapes at you, which is pretty impressive, she must have a reptile's unhinged jaw or something. Her eyes dart to your hand and you smile a little shyly. “Wasn't really kidding about the wife, no.” Her laughter gets her some looks, but it's bright, clear, lovely laughter, the kind of laughter you imagine she really doesn't get to use a lot of. Covering she tries to regain control of herself, while you open your vest and run a hand through your hair slowly before tucking it back away.

“So sorry, I really am, I just....it was surprising! I thought you'd have a rich husband or an arranged marriage with a stranger, not another woman!” she does keep her voice down though, and you walk her towards the garden. “I shouldn't have laughed, I'm sorry....” she says, though she's having a hard time keeping the smile from her face.

“I don't see why you shouldn't have. You have a beautiful laugh. You should laugh more often.”

She smiles, blushing a little more – her blush is an unusual shade of gold, almost green-gold – and shakes her head at you. “I was going to ask, you're not really a dragonette, are you.”
>>
>>44113910
I know, I just have a hard time stopping once I start.
>>
>>44113910

Well, XS, you're incredibly good at what you do.

Once, I asked you want would have Chisato looked like if Ryukusa had seen her while under the mirror curse, and the single sentence of your reply was one of the most chilling thing I've ever read. And I enjoy reading this quest more than the works of many famous authors
>>
>>44113910
nor should you slavebreaker was pretty disturbing but it feels like you put a lot of research in to it.
>>
File: Human Ryukusa.jpg (193 KB, 915x1280) Image search: [Google]
Human Ryukusa.jpg
193 KB, 915x1280
>>44113967
“Well, I was planning on asking you a question in return, or warning you I might not answer, but that's an easy one. No, not really. The priestess really is a priestess – she just happens to be mine. I'm not really her miko, I'm her kamuy, kind of. Not really a kamuy, or a kami, or anything like that, just child of the kami pretending to be a dragonette.” None of this is anything that would be harmful to you or your loved ones – Japan is filled with such stories. “I can't grant wishes or prayers all that much, so, you shouldn't ask for anything more complicated than a soft drink or maybe some flavored ice.”

“Hahaha....no, no, it's just that....you're different.” Heaven, does she have that right. You steps into the gardens with her, and she looks around, while you pull your arms out of your vest and put them back through the wide sleeves. “Not bad different, or different like that you married a woman, or anything, but....”

“It's like that when I meet them too. They're just....different. Something pulls you towards them, and makes them seem....special. It's not just you, it's any spirit-child. Which, I mean, isn't a bad thing – I mean, I made a new friend and all, so it's good for that.” She stops in her tracks, staring at you. You turn around, blinking in confusion. “Is that a strange thing to say?”

Ginka shakes herself and then rushes to catch up to you. “I....I didn't expect you to say that, that's all. I mean....”

You speaks up from behind some flowers. “Aniki is always like that. It's weird, but nice.”
>>
>>44113963

What are you talking about?
>>
File: Panic.gif (387 KB, 269x270) Image search: [Google]
Panic.gif
387 KB, 269x270
>>44114020
You glance around the bushes, then carefully step around and between the flowers and a bench, and a tree or two. Ginka-chan follows, with a little more ease, the flowers and bushes almost sliding out of her way. Yui-niji-chan is kneeling before one of the larger trees in the garden, and collecting some dried branches. Ones you suspect were mysteriously ignored by the gardeners today while they cleaned up. Toshida Ginka, this is Yui, my friend.” Yui glances up at you and you gesture that she should be cautious. Less for your protection than for Ginka's at this point.

“Hello, oni-san,” Ginka says, bowing, earning her a bug-eyed stare from Yui. “Thank you for your wonderful performance, and your blessings for my fellow Ama.”

Yui-niji-chan is starting to panic; being treated not just like a kami, but like an IMPORTANT kami is seriously weirding the poor girl out.

[] Gently keep Yui from standing and have her bow where she's sitting.
[] Lovingly tease her to break her panic mode.
[] Quietly inform you new friend that she's scaring the poor miko.
[] Hair and horn time, keep her panic under control.
[] Softly point out that this is expected behavior, not insulting to Kiku-chan.
>>
>>44114041
>[] Lovingly tease her to break her panic mode.
>>
>>44114023
>>44113963
From a certain perspective, Ryukusa is distinctly evil.

>kidnapping young women and apparently brainwashing them
>actively trying to bring about the end of Japan
>killing anyone who could possible stop her, including heroic children of gods trying to prevent the disasters
>literally binding potentially evil spirit-girls to her cause
>literally hanging out with people who have evil powers
>actively making sacrifices to gods of death and destruction
>>
>>44114041
>>44114023
Weekend quest discussion thread, someone said when has /tg/ ever played someone evil, dude said that Ryukuza "is pretty awful".
>>
>>44114041
>[x] Gently keep Yui from standing and have her bow where she's sitting.
>[x] Softly point out that this is expected behavior, not insulting to Kiku-chan.
>[x] Lovingly tease her to break her panic mode.
>>
>>44114041
>[] Hair and horn time, keep her panic under control.
>[] Softly point out that this is expected behavior, not insulting to Kiku-chan.

>Explain to Ginka that Yui is not used to that kind of thanks, but thanks the kappa-girl for her kindness

>Thank Yui as well with all the love and care she deserves.
>>
>>44114041
>[] Softly point out that this is expected behavior, not insulting to Kiku-chan.
>>
>>44114101
But that perspective is wrong when fucking Amaterasu tells you what you're doing is right.
>>
>>44114041
>[X] Lovingly tease her to break her panic mode.
>>
File: Anne as Efreet.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Anne as Efreet.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>44113284
Actually, most people have forgotten that I promised to continue the Tager Quest after Ryukusa.

I just didn't realize I'd be such a slowpoke.
>>
>>44114196
I remember. that shit was getting good when it stopped.
>>
>>44114041
>>
>>44114157
Well, yes, which is why it takes "a certain perspective". Obviously the wrong one.

I do think that being the Void dragon and summoning the spirit of the Forest of Suicides would have been totally cool though.
>>
>Lets not make out with yui in front of the poor girl.
>>
>>44114101

No, Ryukusa is not evil. It's true she might look like she is if one ignore everything but the general parts, true.

Heck, I myself joked that if this story was a Sentai, Ryukusa would be the Big Bad

>>44114132

That doesn't make any sense. There is/was plenty of evil quest MCs, and Ryukusa isn't one of them.
>>
>>44114236
Just keep picking the void options anon. We can dream cant we?
>>
>>44114236
>>44114253
It was just weird that no one jumped on the guy when he was spewing shit. Maybe he doesn't like the quest or something.
>>
>>44114157
But anon, if the concept of good and evil is based on the aggregate of people's opinions - society's norms and moral guidelines - then it is impossible for one being to decide whether an action is good or evil from the perspective of anyone but themselves, even if they happen to be a god/ess. Unless you subscribe to other philosophies like determinism or moral empiricism or something, but those would have other issues (especially the former).
>>
>>44114236

That was the Wood Dragonnette.

I'm looking forward on how Ryukusa is going to handle the spirits of the atomic bombings
>>
>>44114283
He wasn't really spewing shit, he just suggested she was awful as a person. Which she kind of is. She's terrible at being a person, she makes a much better assassin.

Also, we're pretty chill.
>>
>>44114283
Most people don't bother arguing in WQDTs (or spookies) any more. There's no real point, either other anons like the quest and don't care/can easily see through the bullshit, or they don't and at best, arguing the point just makes you look like the QM's ass-kisser for trying to defend whatever quest is being shat on.
>>
>>44114292
>the concept of good and evil is based on the aggregate of people's opinions
That's Western morality talking, which has no place in this Japanese space.
It's like the Christian priest who interferes and makes things worse.

In fact, we should consider penning a letter of complaint and sending it to the Heavenly Host.
I wonder which angel has the unenviable task of fielding complaints from other celestial administrations.
>>
>>44114320
Was it you? No but seriously I don't see the awful person thing. She's usually pretty nice when she isn't beating you up or murdering you with a pencil.
>>
>>44114337
I didn't say anything in the thread, I know better, I was just weirded out by it a bit.
>>
>>44114292

While I agree with what you say for real life, let's not forget that each setting has its own cosmic rules.

Ryukusa acts in accordance with the Cosmic Order, which basicaly means that it's what the universe wants of her. There is no question of good or evil here.

Now, if someone consider that Ryukusa's actions are evil, it's their subjective opinions, but I think most people woulnd't judge her badly.
>>
>>44114320

What
>>
>>44114361

And even then, when she kills people, it's in situations that make it understandable.

Even killing the kids or having this oni's soul be devoured, two occasions that could be considered her going overboard, had explanations as to why it came to this.
>>
>>44114347
A fair point for addressing the statement in-setting - although naturally it must follow SOME philosophy, just not the, as you say, more western views on morality and good vs evil. However, that requires the viewer to buy into the story's philosophy over their own, which as we all know can be key to both understanding and appreciating many stories but is also not something the original anon is required to do. If they were arguing it in this thread, as an attempt at discussing Ryukusa's character in context of the story so far they would be on thin ice, but they weren't.

While when the topic of evil characters comes up in a vacuum comparing all quests - different stories in different settings with different philosophies - it's not unreasonable to consider Ryukusa from a more general position, inevitably a western one given that is gonna be the common factor on a 'murrican imageboard. Ryukusa would be seen from the outside by someone unwilling or unable to buy into the values and ideas XS presents as the basis of Ryukuza Quest's universe, and arguing 'that's not how it works in-setting' will obviously be a cheap excuse to someone who doesn't know, care about or actively dislikes said setting.
>>
>>44114515
Which kids? There's been a lot of mooks
>>
>>44114249
But that sounds so fun anon...
>>
>>44114542

The kids she murdered because they wanted to try their plan to kill Akari
>>
>>44114604
Oh right, shit, that was kinda fucked. Well water dragonettes are apparently pre-programmed killing machines.
>>
XS does Akari know? i forgot if you said so or not.
>>
>>44114565
This quest needs a new quote "There is a Time and Place, But it is not now"
>>
File: Yui as Human.png (538 KB, 1131x1400) Image search: [Google]
Yui as Human.png
538 KB, 1131x1400
[XXX] Lovingly tease her to break her panic mode.
[XX] Softly point out that this is expected behavior, not insulting to Kiku-chan.
[X] Hair and horn time, keep her panic under control.

You smile wryly and lean over, reaching out to place a hand upon your niji-chan's head. Static jumps to your palm – apparently your talons are safe enough – and she looks even more alarmed. “Niji-chan, you're not allowed to have a nervous breakdown, as cute as that might be.” It wouldn't be, not really but you stroke her hair and run your fingertips along her horn, while Ginka-chan looks somewhat alarmed at the effect her thanks had on poor Yui. “This is perfectly acceptable, and normal. Remember, you're a miko: you're allowed to perform ceremonies, and it's perfectly normal to be thanked for them.”

Her breathing slows significantly, as you speak to her. It really was a kind of panic attack; you can guess why she had it too, but at the moment, you're okay with it. They'll get theirs eventually, and most likely from Kuraokami himself. Her wide, frightened eyes gaze up at yours and she mouths the question 'you're sure?' rather than daring to speak it aloud. “Yes, niji-chan, i'm absolutely certain. There is no insult to Kiku-chan implied, and I am absolutely certain that Ginka-chan is genuinely sincere.”

“Gomennasai, oni-san, I didn't mean to startle or offend you....” she starts, which almost sends poor Yui back into panic mode.

You step close and kiss her on the forehead softly. “Yui-chan, you did a good thing, helping Kiku-chan with the ceremonies this morning. You can expect to be thanked for it many times, and – listen to me – and you earned it with your own strength and skill.” She looks up at you, her eyes filling with tears as she nods slowly, an uncertain, but very beautiful smile crossing her lips. It's beautiful, because you think she might have actually listened this time.
>>
File: A Red Robe.png (454 KB, 850x531) Image search: [Google]
A Red Robe.png
454 KB, 850x531
>>44114685
“Okay, aniki. I'll....it's okay then?” You nod, solemnly, and she nods, standing up and brushing herself off. She wipes her tears away and then takes a deep breath. Ginka-chan looks at you and you nod, indicating that she should stay and let Yui speak. Turning to Ginka, Yui-niji-chan down at her, and then bows. “Thank you for your kind words, oujo-sama. I am glad I could give you that gift.”

Ginka smiles and bows again. “Please don't mention it; you were wonderful.” Yui looks uncertain again. “I have heard many play the drums here, but you did exceptionally well.” Yui nods slowly, looking like she's processing that with some real consideration, instead of dismissing it and herself.

You give her horn one last caress, and then relax, pleased that she's finally made some progress of her own. “You mentioned there was something?”

“Oh, yes, aniki. Kiku-sama says that she wants you to take an offering to Ryujin Owatatsumi.”

Ginka is staring at you, and you feel your heart sink.

>To be Continued....
>>
>>44114629

Well, on one hand, Ryukusa could have used non-lethal means to stop them. On the other, they would probably not have hesitate to use lethal means against her if she gave them half a chance, and they were no slouch.
>>
>>44114716
Thanks for running!
>>
>>44114716
Thanks for running boss, next thread is gonna rock
>>
Thank you all for reading and playing. We will continue Tuesday, assuming all goes well.

A helpful guide I found.: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_legendary_creatures_from_Japan

I have time for a few questions.

>>44114645
Know what? If you are referring to the kids....no one knows. Ryukusa made sure of that. kiki is the first person she ever told, or ever knew. Tsukuyomi knows however - the moon sees all that happens in the dark.
>>
>>44114775
Thanks for running XS.
>>
>>44114716
Time to meet dad.
>>
>>44114775
The top most important question is the centiped egg doing ok?
>>
>>44114775
Getting into the Christmas Spirit yet XS?

If I have to hear any more Christmas music while I'm out shopping I'm gonna go insane...
>>
Thanks for running!

>>44114685

>tfw XS uses your pic

>>44114716
>oujo-sama

Mmmh, I guess she also has parts of her story she didn't tell

>Ginka is staring at you, and you feel your heart sink.

Well, it's not like we hid anything. It makes sense for a water dragonnette half-god on this island to be related to water deities, no?
>>
>>44114833
Yes it is. Kiku isn't sure when it will hatch. Akari seriously thinks that when Ryukusa becomes Horobi, it will hatch and become a new Omukade - as in the archetype of all centipede youkai.

>>44114836
I'm trying to be generous of spirit, but no, I never do really well during Christmas.

>>44114842
Oujo-sama is a polite way to refer to a stranger who is a young woman; it doesn't cary any special meaning in this case, which is inferred by how it would actually be said in Japanese.
>>
>>44114842
pretty sure it would still be a major shock to the poor kappa girl. being raise by humans and then hearing about gods talked about so openly.
>>
>>44114904
Well I hope you do well during Christmas anyway.
How'd you feel about all the good and evil talk this thread?
>>
>>44114904
The tragic tale of our first blade, A mother trapped in steel, A baby centipede monster wondering the world to find her, Not knowing that its step moms wife had her all along.
>>
>>44114960
You do know XS is super evil right? like most of her quests are super grim gritty dark.
>>
>>44115007
I understand that, I was just curious about her stance on the morality thing.
>>
>>44114960
Actually, you guys were fairly close with your perspectives.

In Shinto there is no good or evil at all. There Pure, impure, blessed, cursed, karma, and other influences, but no 'good' or 'evil' per se. 90% of the anime translations that use the word 'evil' actually are poor translation of words that mean 'bad influence' or 'unfortunate karma'.

The Chinese ideology of good and evil is even more vague - even demons are just doing a specific job, opposing heaven.
>>
>>44114987
I am so not writing that quest.

It would be hilarious.
>>
>>44115230
Thanks for running XS, Finally time to meet the family.
Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.