[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Snow Land
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: snowland.jpg (90 KB, 620x491) Image search: [Google]
snowland.jpg
90 KB, 620x491
so /tg/, what went wrong?
>>
Did something go wrong? It was just a parasitic mechanic. That's all. Other than that it worked just fine.
>>
>>44109133
The cards that used snow mana all sucked balls
>>
Lands are lands. Hell, I'm thinking about ordering a bunch for my next deck because they're so goddamn pretty.
>>
File: Snow-Covered Island.jpg (60 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Snow-Covered Island.jpg
60 KB, 312x445
For modern, is there a drawback to running snow covered basics?
>>
File: 1447465426456.png (95 KB, 446x620) Image search: [Google]
1447465426456.png
95 KB, 446x620
>>44112478
I have a friend who exclusively runs snow basics, so no.
>>
>>44112538
is he cute?
>>
>>44112538
MOTHERFUCKER!
>>
>>44109133

If you mean the five pictured, then they are your standard, run-of-the-mill, enters-tapped two colour lands.

Snow cards don't see play outside standard (back when they were in standard, obviously), and besides skred, mouth of ronom, and phyrexian ironfoot, the snow mana cards were underwhelming.

Also - since there are no proper snow dual-lands, any attempt to use snow mana would mean running snow-covered basic lands in sufficient number, and actively fetching them over shocklands.

Maybe if a future expansion prints snow mana cards powerful enough to tempt people to do that, but I doubt it.

As for the snow-covered basic lands, then they are just basic lands, and I run them whenever I can, particularly the old, ice-age ones. They rank second on my list of pretty basic lands, Unglued being first, zendikar third, unhinged fourth, and I have a particular fondness for Mirage basics (especially swamps and mountains - Avon's mountains friggin rock).
>>
>>44113061

snow basics see plenty of edh play.
>>
>>44113208

for any particular reason other than looks?

For looks I play snow-covered mountains in my UR storm.
>>
>>44113522
Skred. There is a decentish red deck in modern that uses snow lands as a mechanic. It's such an unusual deck that most don't have a decent means to deal with it.
>>
File: 169.jpg (64 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
169.jpg
64 KB, 312x445
>>44113522
>>
>>44113061
Skred Red is a real modern deck that runs on snow. My friend has been running it for about two years now.
>>
>>44113208
>Shrug Picture

And that means what?
>>
>>44114777
There are some generals and permanents in EDH that run on snow mechanics, thus snow lands being run. The problem is that the best commander / general from cold snap is hardly ever played because people don't know how broken mishra is.
>>
>>44114847
Mishra isn't from Coldsnap.
He's from Time Spiral - he was long dead by the time of Coldsnap anyways, what with his death via magical giganuke being the cause of the Ice Age and all.
>>
File: oldfogey.jpg (29 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
oldfogey.jpg
29 KB, 223x310
Old Fogey will have his revenge!
>>
>>44109133
In terms of non-rotating formats, they can't be fetched and etb tapped. That makes them pretty bad.
>>
>>44113061
>Snow Boltlands
Just like Shocklands, but they hit you for 3 to come untapped.
Would you?
>>
>>44115050
DOH! I am sorry. I get my shit mixed up.
>>44115157
Those are shitty. If you are using the normal snow lands for Skred or that one general or some shit Snow lands have a use.
>>
>>44109133
Snow mana by itself is a fine idea, it's just they didn't support it enough to make it anything other than parasitic.

Just like Splice actually. Splice onto Red Instant for instance would have been cool. Splice onto arcane is not.
>>
File: avalanche.jpg (73 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
avalanche.jpg
73 KB, 312x445
this is probably the cards that can punish you the most
>>
>>44115340
The only issue is that you have to make sure the added text works for every instant ever printed and it effects what you can print going forward
>>
>>44109133
>low power set with a parasitic mechanic
If they made what they were actually planning, the dual lands alone would have been heralded as the saviors of Magic.

No ETBT and with basic land subtypes. Literally ABU Duals with the Snow supertype to get around the Reserve List. Too bad R&D pussed out.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.