[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bioshock Homebrew Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
First Game Today Edition
Previous Thread: >>44045591
Discussion thread for Bioshock PnP system being homebrewed currently. Be it setting, mechanics or even discussion of the original games themselves.

>The Homebrew is up for review and testing folks! Let me know if anything needs adjusted or of any errors that need fixed. Currently on AR 1.0.1
>Playtest session today at 4:30 EST on Roll20. Send New Homebrew Guy a pm for an invite. 2 player slots still open.
>>
Oh, someone beat me to it
I was going to go for "500 Adam in the red edition"
>>
Rise
>>
You might want to try the homebrew general too
>>
Barely a half an hour before the first play test. If you want to get in, send a message to my Roll20 account (same name as my handle here).
>>
Game is up. If you're playing, sign on and hop in!
>>
Rise
>>
For anyone interested, we still have one spot open, and our first session will be the same time next friday
>>
>>44108513
Revision 1.0.2. Correcting a missing portion of melee weapon details.
>>
Rise
>>
rise
>>
>>44120946
>>44120952
This
>>
We ded?
>>
>>44125223
I'll take the lack of response as a yes
>>
Rise
>>
>>44130420
>>
Does anyone have anything they want to discuss?
>>
Update incoming.
>>
>>44139207
Awesome
>>
Rise
>>
>>44108513
Weapon adjustments, and the Nail Gun.
>>
>>44143078
>>
>>44108513
What cool settings have you guys made?
>>
>>44146246
Well, the current system's set for rapture, and chances are that the pre generated enemy tables for columbia will most likely come afterward, however, it could easily be used for any setting someone could come up with
So far, the only setting i've come up with was a version of columbia where booker and elizabeth inexplicably disappeared shortly after entering finkton
>>
Rapture is underwater, Columbia in the clouds; what's left? A subterranean setting? Some centre of the earth type shit? I think the whole thing works best when you have a remote, closed off location.
Maybe some kind of escape from new york/brick mansions type setting where areas have been walled off so splicers can't get out.

A mental institution would also work, but I think it'd still need some other gimmick.
>>
>>44148169
An alternate history where splicing and Adam use became widespread, leading to the majority of mankind becoming splicers. Maybe all the splicing latched onto a communicable disease that infected the population, with only a tiny fragment being naturally immune to it. A little like your average zombie survival fiction but with frothing splicers instead of Zeds.

OR something like Elysium where the very rich live in high, remote, unreachable areas. They succumbed to slicing and steal people from below, the poor, starving wasteland they left behind to transplant organs etc. Someone the party cares about is stolen, they load up on cheap, blackmarket plasmids and storm the floating city to get them back.

Alternatively the players are kickass plasmid using splicer agents sent to hunt and kill illegal splicers, a little like Equilibrium, but replace emotion crime with splicing.

Any major war, WW1, WW2, Nam, where plasmids were in use.
>>
>>44148219
Players use lobotomised Elizabeth clones to traverse rifts while hunting enemies of an immortal cybernetic Andrew Ryan.
>>
>>44148169
There was an idea a while ago about some German scientist settling in an underground cavern and discovering how to make watered-down plasmids that bond to nature in weird ways.

One of my half-baked ideas was setting it in a submarine like in the 20,000 Leagues under the Sea. Like, making it bio-mechanical, looking more like an deep-sea animal. Self-sufficient, most things are compact and optimized to work in a cramped environment.
>>
>>44148169
I think there needs to be a philosophy linked to the location as well. Both Commstock and Ryan's personal philosophies influenced the formation of the two cities, and reading over the first games plot on the wiki shows a huge amount of events occurring before the SHTF, you've got civil wars and rebels in both cities.

If you've just got players with plasmids fighting splicers for shits and giggles, you might as well play M&M or something.
>>
Hey guys, it's been a long time since I played any of the games, where did the plasmids come from? Was it sea anemones or something?
>>
>>44148450
Slugs, but you were close
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.