[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some unexpected and useful uses for polymorph magic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: toldYou.png (1 MB, 599x651) Image search: [Google]
toldYou.png
1 MB, 599x651
What are some unexpected and useful uses for polymorph magic?
>>
Reconnaissance. Polymorph your sneaky character into a form of local wildlife and let him sneak around without raising an alarm.

Or say you're trying to infiltrate an Orc fortress or something. Polymorph the whole party into Orcs and you'll be able to get to the Warchief a hell of a lot easier.

Also healing if you don't have a healer. Somebody near death? Turn um into something with regeneration.
>>
The old horse selling scam tends to work well. Substitute for whatever you get the most money from in the area. Polymorph party member into that beast, sell them, then they sneak off when the magic runs out.
>>
Body dismorphia cure.
Gender/race/species reassignment.
Punishment.
Party tricks.
Environmental research.
Nature photography.
Hiding from the in-laws.
Theatre/circus animals.
>>
>>44106949
>Hiding from the in-laws.

>No no I'm not that guy I'm just a totally unassuming platypus
>>
>>44106885

Turn yourself into a girl

Turn your enemies into girls
>>
If I remember correctly somewhere in the Realms is an exotic pet shop where the pets are actually baleful polymorphed common animals and possibly people, I forget.
>>
>>44106885
Polymorph self into thong
Perv on ladyknight
>>
File: heh.jpg (51 KB, 448x488) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
51 KB, 448x488
>>44106885
>play as a rogue.
>multi-class/whatever to get polymorph magic.
>become greatest living conman/thief to ever exist.

Think about it. Sure, it's no fireball, but when you can *literally* pull a Trojan Horse attack on a BBEG by polymorphing your groups chosen assassin into a magnificent mount? That's awesome...
And thats just the tip of the iceberg - with enough forward knowledge and bluff/disguise skill you could play yourself off as important people, maybe even the BBEG himself - Usurp power to divert the 'Great Ebil' prophecy.

Or just farm rats (King-Rat style) or something and get rich transmuting them en-masse into valuable mounts/creatures, or even a fucking surprise army if you have a way to control them... (alternatively just unleash them to achieve an objective).

Its limited by creativity and devious intent really.

I wonder if you could keep random cheap and small animals with you (hamsters/mice etc) to literally use as [insert desired terrifying monster here] grenades: throw, transmute into Bebillith and run/hide. Would make an effective escape or distraction tool, no?

I'm kind of new to /tg/, are there any archived ebic stories of the ridiculous and creative uses of magic?
Bonus points if directly related to polymorph magic.
>>
>>44106885
Dude, magical item storage! You just turn all of the neat magical items you want into a card, walk around with decks of cards on you iinstead of a caravan of goods. Anyone who steals from you just gets a bunch of cards or so they think.
>>
>>44108919
>She knows and gets you permanencied
>You become her workout thong
>>
>>44109301
>make auto-casting scrolls
>polymorph into cards
>find monsters
>shrink them down
>polymorph them into cards
>finally get to play duel monsters how it should be played
>>
>>44109301
is that polymorph though? I thought polymorph changed a living creature into another living creature.

Transmuting or something would be changing inanimate objects into other objects.

Neat idea though, but taking it further, why even carry anything?
Just turn the rocks/blades of grass/twigs/blocks of cheese into epic weapons.
Would work amazingly for an assassin walking in unarmed and in a flash being armed with the right weapon for the circumstances...
>>
>>44106885
An old edition of dungeon, I want to say issue 93 the one that came out right before The 3.5 book of vile darkness wanted to do something "edgy" for the upcoming release and published a fucking crazy adventure where you had to investigate this crazy brothel that was making bank because it would supply you with exactly what you wanted to stick you dick into. It was run by yuan ti that were poly morphing these sentient hydra into the customers wishes and there were torture chambers and such.

Was far darker and more fucked then anything that was in the book of vile darkness
>>
>>44109563
Polymorph Any Object. Eighth level spell. Object to object is possible.
Somewhat uncertain how to add duration bonuses in that case though.
>>
>>44109699

I still have a soft spot for the Vile Darkness spell that's basically shatter, but instead of just breaking the other guy's sword, or a door, it turns it into DRUGS.
>>
>>44109784
Then I have decided on my next character...

Tears of joy or pain will be shed by my fellow players/GM with how börked I shall leave the setting.

Does seem *wildly* overpowered in that supplied context though, when not limited by the whole "living thing to living thing" part. Even then it seems simple to break the balance of - surely you could just polymorph yourself into a dragon or some more dangerous monster?
>>
File: 01161.gif (79 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
01161.gif
79 KB, 650x450
>>44109301
So like Spades Slick's DECK OF CARDS?
>>
>>44110114
Polymorph any Object can work like Greater Polymorph which can work like Form of the Dragon. So yes.
Kind of the point of polymorphing really. Only works for a handful of minutes though.
>>
>>44110177
Pretty much
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.