[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games Workshop are horrible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 99020207017_NagashsBlackHost.jpg (60 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99020207017_NagashsBlackHost.jpg
60 KB, 600x620
I went on the GW website for the first time in maybe 2 years because I haven't been too into warhammer until now, I used to paint from the age of 12 before that but had to stop due to study and work and only just picked it up again.

Seeing as I have a job now, I decided I'd make the vampire counts army I've always wanted.
I bought a skeleton kit, some zombies from a friend, and then started painting them. (I was one of the people raging hard as fuck at Age of sigmar ruining my childhood IP)

Because I'm getting close to finishing painting them, I looked at the website to find other things to buy, and saw pic related.
It's (aud) 338 dollars.
I thought to myself hmm thats a little high so I checked the units seperately.
>22+41+41+69+69+96
>338
>theyre so fucking backwards that they make sets that trick their customers into thinking they have a deal with a box set

why the fuck do they treat their customers like fucking dirt

I miss the days of GW having reasonable value in their sets.
>>
They do have a discount, but that discount is then offset by the convenience fee for GW putting all of them in your cart as one.
>>
Poorfag
>>
>>44106442
>"putting them all in your cart as one"

Is this post bait?
Because if I bought all units separately they'd ship together and I'd have exactly the same price.
>>
File: 1436738064295.jpg (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1436738064295.jpg
27 KB, 400x400
>>44106445
the point of a box set is to get a better value deal by buying them all as one, so people are swayed into spending more money driving a larger profit to the store when they may have only bought half as many units.
>>
>>44106442
lel

>>44106459
Anon, it's time to stop posting
>>
They were corrupted by their own success. They have this idea that their stuff is so good people will buy it no matter what.

The good news is there are other companies and games that aren't complete shit like GW is.
If you are interesting WFB (which no longer exists BTW) there are games like Kings of War or The 9th Age. Kings of War is by Mantic and is a mass battle game without all the extra stuff. You can get base rules free of their site.

9th Age is basically WFB that has fixed all the glaring problems with it and rewrote the codex books to be fair. 9th is completely free.

Used WFB armies have been dirt cheap on ebay. Mantic sells solid models. 9th Age has a list of alternate models you can use. Since WFB doesn't exist any more I doubt there is anyone to stop you from just playing with any models now as well.

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/blog/index.php?entry/17-alternative-models-vampire-covenant-vc/
>>
>>44106467
says who
>>
>>44106485
>Mantic sells solid models.
lol
>>
>>44106485
No company makes skeletal units as good as GW does.
Absolutely nothing compares to how beautifully sculpted and customizable their skeletons are.
I adore them.
The same goes for a HUGE number of their units.
The competing companies usually either arent as detailed with the customization, or the other way around.
I hate mantic skeletons so much urgh.
they look so fucking goofy
i really like those 30 skeletons you can get for cheap because theyre same scale and stuff but they ALL look identical and their skulls look angry
why skeletons always gotta look angry
they skeletons they dont got emotion

>>44106504
says any businessman ever.
its why they have the battleforce kits, they used to if they arent now, be cheaper than getting them all separate.

>>44106510
fucking oath urgh ew
their goblins are cool though
>>
>>44106522
GW still does the discounted boxs like battleforces.

But being a bundle doesn't mean it has to have a discount. It's pretty normal in wargaming to have army or force bundles that simply collect units into example or intended combinations to make things easier for noobs/the indecisive.
>>
>>44106731

not for long. the battalions/battleforces are slowly fading out, you will have no deals from gw in a year or so
>>
>>44106731
> It's pretty normal in wargaming to have army or force bundles that simply collect units into example or intended combinations to make things easier for noobs/the indecisive.

Could you name some other companies that does this with some examples?
>>
>>44106510

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war/undead/product/undead-soul-reaver-cavalry-troop.html

These pretty great especially for 15 pounds. I didn't say better than GW or the best. I said solid. Some of there stuff is shit tier and some is beyond shit tier. However, if you shop around you can pick and choose what is good from different companies and spend a fraction of the price, which is the point of my post.

>>44106522
GW does make a lot of great models. I was just pointing out to OP that you don't have to go all in to GW. My dwarfs are like 70% and the rangers and slayers are avatars of war, which look a lot better for a lot cheaper.
>>
>>44106849

I don't know any company that does that either. In general if you spend a lot in one go you should be expecting at least a slight discount. The way GW has it set up is insulting. It is like the bundle is just there for the gullible who just assume there is a deal.
>>
>>44106849
Its common in historical wargames. Or at least it used to be. Its been a while since I did anything with those sorts of games.
>>
>>44106423
Buy Mantic, play Mantic.
>>
>>44107537
Remember kids, it's not shilling if it's about Mantic.
>>
File: 1446401897239.jpg (41 KB, 324x394) Image search: [Google]
1446401897239.jpg
41 KB, 324x394
>>44107090
>"Its pretty normal"
>Can you name any examples?
>"It's common"
>>
>>44106459
Yeah but then you would have to click multiple times
>>
It's also their company policy to rape all females that enter the store. Trust me. I know.
>>
File: mischevious moon man.png (74 KB, 230x238) Image search: [Google]
mischevious moon man.png
74 KB, 230x238
>>44107672

>so common he can't name a single example
>>
>another gameworkshop are greedy jews shitpost

what else is new?

honestly at this point quest threads bring more varied discussion
>>
>>44108713

>another gamesworkshop shill post defending GW

what else is new?
>>
>>44106485
Beastmen are still bad
>>
>>44110673
point out where I defend gw

come on show me

I just pointed out this is the same damn topic posted very week

every month

every fucking year
>>
>>44106459
You might want to visit this website called Reddit, friend. You will fit in better there.
>>
>>44113659

The game is a WIP. I don't except it to be ready until the first revision. It is at least playable.
>>
>>44106731
This

Buying this http://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Manifestations-of-Chaos-US

Would be cheaper than buying everything separately. Some of the boxes do technically have "value" whilst others don't. Your Vampire counts box sadly doesn't.
>>
I think all of the actual box sets have deals, but the "one click collections" are bull shit.
>>
>>44114999
The trips speak truly

The Necron battleforce was the best money I've spent on anything in warhammer.
>>
>>44106423
What were the days when they had value in sets? So you're touching this for the first time in about 2 years? Being a Vampire Counts guy, I am pretty sure you should remember about people raging about Blood Knight prices around your time.
>>
>>44106777
>the battalions/battleforces are slowly fading out
They recently added several, all with discounts (slight, but present).

>you will have no deals from gw in a year or so
GW literally just released the deal of the century to boost their Q4.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.