[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Character Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11
File: Gareth.jpg (35 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
Gareth.jpg
35 KB, 620x320
Let's have a character thread! Post your characters and your thoughts on the characters of others. I'll start. This backstory is for a Blood Hunter in 5th Edition that I am playing next month:

Gareth Joldur was left at a monastery as a baby, with a note with his name on it. Because he had no family or relationships, he was raised by radical Blood Hunters dedicated to destroying undead. When he took the Hunter's Bane to become better at hunting evil, his eyes changed to a deep red and his face became pale. Despite his upbringing, he tries to stay jovial and friendly to seem less scary. His biggest flaw is how willing he is to sacrifice his humanity to stop evil. Someday, he might go too far. I had sort of based this character off of Vlad from Dracula Untold. It may have been a pretty mediocre movie, but I enjoyed it.

Well you heard my character, what about yours?
>>
File: DW_Black_Shield.jpg (63 KB, 405x648) Image search: [Google]
DW_Black_Shield.jpg
63 KB, 405x648
>>44103033
Friendly monster hunter who is slowly becoming a monster himself is good.
Orphan is not one that I'm crazy about. Give him a Mom and Dad who gave him to the order to pay a debt maybe. They still love him and try to keep tabs on him, but the relationship is strained. Maybe a brother or sister in the order.

Brother Rolland is a Black Shield in the Deathwatch. He abandoned his chapter after he became disgusted with their tribal practice of child sacrifice to honor fallen brothers, and with their refusal to research a way to restore their damaged Progenoid gland which made the Chapter doomed to certain extinction.
He abandoned his birth name and adopted the name Rolland to honor an Imperial Guardsman who died saving his life.
Rolland is blunt and irritable, quick to anger, and generally contemptuous of ordinary humans. Despite this, he has a grudging respect for anyone who has proven themselves in battle alongside him. He currently serves in the cadre of an Inquisitor hunting the Tyrant Star, whose orders he obeys without question.He resents the compromises he has had to make to serve the Inquisition, but realizes that this is the only purpose he has left.
He was mentored by Cato the Imperial Fists upon joining the Deathwatch, and greatly admires his former teacher. Cato disappeared in the Koronus Expanse, a failing which weighs heavily on Rolland.
>>
>>44103835
Thanks for the constructive criticism, I'll edit his backstory, orphan seems a bit much anyhow. I was mainly making his parentage really vague so the DM could do whatever, but that could work too.

I like your backstory especially with his contempt for his chapter. What I'm curious about is how did the Guardsman save Rolland and from what?
>>
>>44103907
It's an aspect of the character I haven't explored very thoroughly (Rolland has psyker-induced memory problems too, but that's a campaign detail). Basically, the Chapter was deployed alongside some Guard in some random hellhole warzone, and Rolland wound up separated from his squad in No-Man's-Land. He ran into a pair of Guard, and wound up teaming up with them. He initially thought they were dead weight, and was pretty nasty to them, only wanting to use them as guides to get back to friendly lines, but over time he came to rely on their skills. Eventually, they were caught up in a traitor assault, and one of the Guardsman leaped in front of a plasma blast intended for the Space Marine.
The two Guard were actually a couple from a mixed regiment, and the surviving female who made it back to the lines with Rolland was pregnant. Rolland's Chapter custom would have involved murdering her and sacrificing her unborn child to honor the dead father, and since he had come to fully appreciate their humanity Rolland realized what a horrific custom his Brothers practiced. That's why he fled the Chapter, and took the dead Guard's name to honor him instead.
>>
>>44104015
Very interesting. Pretty great backstory.
>>
>>44103033
>>44103835
I do not think the orphan thing is inherently a bad choice. The main 2 issues with orphan characters:
1) Orphaned heroes and adventurers have become so common its become a trope at this point
2) Orphaned characters have a bad habit of not having bonds or ties or relationships that keep them involved and invested in the setting. Its not just a "what the dm can use against me" but its also a reason for your character to give a damn about whats happening because who its happening to matters to you. It gives you, as a player, a reason to be invested beyond the selfishness of your character. So if you go with the orphan thing, pick another parental or family style bond you have with another character or group. you don't have to have a Parent that sells you off as is mentioned by my excellent battlebrother; however, you should have some sort of close relationship with some characters. People usually don't reach adulthood without making close ties with something and when they do it usually does not bode well for their sanity.
>>
>>44104107
Ahh, I see. Not sure why I didn't think of someone else he could be close with, thanks for the advice. What is YOUR character's backstory, Anon?
>>
>>44104098
Aww thanks!
>>
>>44104142
Alas, I rarely get to play. I am my groups forever DM.
The current character I'm working on for a possible multi-dm East coast based dresden game is currently in rough draft.
Haven't decided if its a Spanish or Irish Catholic Priest from the 1600's/1700's. Either way, he becomes a missionary and heads to South America. He tries to peacefully work with the locals and converts many successfully. Red Court vampires attack the town and all are enslaved or slaughtered. The priest is bitten but through a moment, whether luck or divine fortune, sloughs the beast off of him before he is drained dry and skewers its stomach. What he's worked on is dead, and the nature of his bitten curse makes him unable to stand on the hallowed ground of the God he once revered. Unbroken he sets off on the new road God gave him, bringing vengeful justice upon the wicked who would do harm upon the children of the Earth. While he does maintain some contacts within the Catholic church, he has been otherwise shunned from his former occupation. Under the guise of a traveling priest, he takes it upon himself to assassinate Red Court vampires and the mortals they influence, bringing God's justice down upon them in a devoted and fanatical way. He keeps tabs on the generations of his family that are still around, but generally keep away for fear of involving them in a darker world.

Like I said, he's pretty much a rough concept. We're all joining some elements of backstory so I'll have some ties with the PCs and I'm still working on some NPC ties. My original concept was a Gunslinging priest and its shifted into a slightly different position. I originally was going to combine The Dad from Boondock Saints with Stephen the crazy Irishman from Braveheart, but I've shied away from the parody of a character. I have other characters and tons of NPCs but thats the only one I'm currently working on.
>>
Aryn was born the son of immigrants in a town known more for its thieves and general corruption than anything else. The twin of his sister Alys, he tended more toward martial activities versus study. Nonetheless, the twins' parents paid for them to be educated at the Vayl University nearby, and they soon graduated with some moderate accolade: Not enough to live on, but enough to perhaps branch out with. Alys went to a proper wizard's college. Aryn joined the Pathfinder Society.

Aryn is outwardly crude, snide, and smug, but inwardly surprisingly vulnerable and pleasant. Despite much bluster he has not slain a single foe in combat, and his duty to the Society will take him to dangerous climes. One can only hope that his arcane potential, education and swordsmanship will be enough.
>>
File: vaya con dios.png (53 KB, 210x158) Image search: [Google]
vaya con dios.png
53 KB, 210x158
>>44104252
Make him Spanish, and sort of a serious version of pic related.
>>
>>44103033
First, feedback.
>Radical Blood Hunters sounds a bit edgy. As do red eyes and pale face. The rest is OK, although I'll echo what >>44104107 said about family. You don't necessarily need biological family though, as long as someone in the group that raised him is close enough to count as family.

As my own characters... I'm working on one for a Pathfinder character right now, in a setting that's kind of a weird mishmash of fantasy China meets generic western medieval fantasy. Anyway, the premise is that we (the players) are a group of bounty-hunters/monster-hunters.

The character I'm working on right now is Rin Rikuro. Basically, the group needs someone who's a skill monkey, so I'm thinking of going with the Rogue or Ninja class. Anyway, prior to joining the players, she was property of a slaver-baron. Basically a glorified house-servant... and one of the first criminals the group brought down, causing her to join afterwards. As her "master" was basically a criminal, she picked up alot just from being with him so much over the years... gained a knowledge of locks (and lockpicking) just from seeing that stuff used on other slaves so much, developed a talent for stealth from knowing when it was "appropriate" to be seen or not around certain guests, ect. Very good at reading people because saying the wrong thing could mean a beating, ect.

Not the most fleshed out backstory, but it's a work-in-progress.
>>
>>44104307
That's what I was leaning toward. I'll have to learn some spanish and do some research on the culture, but I think it would work better than an Irishman. Since I'll be dming most of the game I'm keeping him a character that shows up from time to time as a PC when one of my friends runs a story arc, but otherwise he's taking a backseat.
>>
>>44104315
Somewhere along the way I butchered my sentence structure. Her "master" was one of the first criminals the group brought down. Not her herself.
>>
>>44104252
I feel you, I'm basically the foreverDM of my group as well. I'm making this character because I asked a friend of mine to run since the last time I played was March of this year.

I like the idea of your character alot, it seems like it would fit right in the world of the Dresden Files. I haven't read the books in a long time, what are the implications of getting bitten again? I'm pretty sure you desire blood and if you feed you become them, right? Also, is he the sort of religious man like Michael where he gains some sort of God-given power? That would be really interesting to see a combination of God and the Red Court in an individual.

>>44104298
Ooooh, twins. Is someone else playing the sister or is she going to be an NPC? I've never had someone in one of our games have twin characters before, sounds fun.

>>44104315
Yeah, Blood Hunter sounds kinda edgy, but its the name of the homebrew class cooked up by Matthew Mercer, an edited version of the Witch Hunter class he made for Vin Diesel. As for the eyes and face, the potion they drink makes them look dark in some way, similar to the Witcher series. I just wanted to go simple with pale skin and red eyes, for that semi-monster kind of look.

I like your backstory so far. Maybe a flaw of hers could be the resentment of her loss of freedom because she was a slave. How did she get free?
>>
File: aryn shaded.jpg (326 KB, 758x904) Image search: [Google]
aryn shaded.jpg
326 KB, 758x904
>>44104383
Alys is either going to be an NPC or a PC in another game. The super condensed version.. They both graduated with magical potential, but Aryn went for swordsmanship and thus became a Magus, while Alys went entirely toward magic, becoming a Wizard. They're otherwise pretty similar, being formerly quite poor people from Riddleport who took the advantage given by their parents to get out of the city as best as possible. They're still young, still inexperienced, and the campaign's not started just yet, so there's plenty to go in terms of development.
>>
>>44104383
I'm going to run him as devout as Michael but without the return of divine power. Red court infected desire blood based on how their emotions are triggered and how much of their supernatural power they use. Its stress in the game and my character resists this with his Conviction in his faith. If he feeds off of and ends up killing a human he turns. He fits fairly well, and we'll be focusing the game in the Richmond -> DC area on the east coast. So we've spent a lot of our time worldbuilding and dresden-a-fying that area.
>>
>>44104383
She got her freedom, because prior to the game actually starting, the bounty-hunter/monster-hunter group we're all going to be joining (there are a few NPCs in it aside from us players) was hired to take her "master" down, because he was a criminal with a rather sizeable bounty on his head. My character joined the group after they took her master down out of gratitude... and out of having nowhere else to go.

As far as flaws go... she's probably the most willing in the group to bend rules, and the most aware of how easy it is to get away with things, legal or not. She's not necessarily an evil character (in fact she HATES slavers and murderers and the like), but she's very prone to bending the rules if it seems like the rules are standing in the way of something more important.
>>
File: 1449540358836 (1).png (140 KB, 637x877) Image search: [Google]
1449540358836 (1).png
140 KB, 637x877
For my upcoming ASoIaF game.

Byrd of the Road, born Erik Rivers. The bastard offspring of a lord's 19 year old son and a 14 year old potters daughter. The parents of the girl were well respected in the village and didn't want their daughter's marriage prospects to be completely destroyed so they pretended the boy was their own. Raised a simple small village life, he apprenticed with the blacksmith from a young age and was later betrothed to his daughter. His biological mother, who he presumed was his sister, was sullen and depressed all her life while never taking a husband. Erik always felt stifled in the village, as though he was pigeonholed into a life he didn't want or deserve, always dreaming of adventure. He got his wish when he was eventually levied at the age of 15 from his village to serve as a camp smith by the local lord near the end of Robert's Rebellion.

The lord was caught short of troops though, and he was literally pushed into becoming a foot soldier. A strong lad, he had often practiced with the swords and spears he smithed back home but wasn't trained in any sense. He quickly realized though, that his natural talent was for swinging a sword, not a hammer. Surviving the defeat of his lord in battle, he elected to become a brigand rather than find his way home, hoping for adventure. Scavenging the armor and weapons of dead knights, he reforged them for his own use. Taking to the roads and highways of Westeros, he lived a nomadic life in sellsword companies or as a simple criminal. He took up a new name and a false background, claiming (usually to laughter or scoffs) that he had been knighted by the lord shortly before his death in battle. For almost fifteen years he has lived this way, stealing and killing for gold, but never has he truly become a broken man. Warm and surprisingly kind for a man in his line of work, Byrd's life is one of blood, dirt, and violence but he wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
>>44104436
Has he done anything that he regrets? Maybe something that is immoral in his perspective?
>>
Currently only an outline, but its a character I'll hopefully be playing in an upcoming SciFi/magic hybrid.
To sum up
>A wizard gun-for-hire entirely focused upon both his appearance and the power of magic, always travels dressed in pure white suit/jacket/hat etc.
>Wants to be something of legend so will always take the approach that will make him look the strongest/coolest, dramatic entrances every time
>However due to a strained relationship with his magical tutor, which led to a demoness tempted him into killing her, now feels a great guilt and need to assist older women, this will also be on a mission to track down a female crime boss's estranged daughter at the campaign start
>Going to put on a nasally voice to make him a kind of irritating dick

Advice appreciate since I have more to work on anyway.
>>
>>44104461
Definitely.

He's not a man that enjoys murdering innocent people, but it's something that's happened a lot. He would never let a lord order him to murder, but he has had to resort to it in the past. Usually robberies gone bad or other instances where he hoped threatened violence would suffice. He's never done the absolutely morally questionable things like rape/torture, but he has a bit of "It's your blood or mine" mentality when it comes to doing what he does.

His one biggest regret is basically abandoning his family back home. He left his "parents" sonless and assuming he was dead and his sullen older "sister" to the cold care of her parents, while also leaving the town without a blacksmith for the next generation and an admittedly not particularly attractive girl with almost no marriage prospects. He wishes he could go back and at least apologize or try do some good for them, but he knows it would either tie him down again or they would reject him. He also doesn't remember where it is, so he may have actually passed through it before without realizing.
>>
>>44104415
I like it. I hope you get to play some day, Anon. That character sounds really fun.

>>44104424
Cool, a close connection to the other player characters before you start is always nice. Sometimes I want to start off already knowing someone else's character AND be kind of close to them when a campaign begins.

I have another character for some feedback, Korag Gunter, a Battlemaster Fighter. He is a half-orc who was the son of a poor blacksmith in the slums of whatever city my DM will start us off in. His mother was an adventurer who was a customer of his father. Later, she became his lover. She continued her mercenary work, and passed away when he was young. His father taught him the ins and outs of blacksmithing and eventually retired when Korag was 18, leaving him to man the anvil. However, business was still lacking. One day, a group of desperate thugs attacked him and his father in the workshop. He fought them off with his tools without prior training. His strength saved them that day, but he lacked skill. Seeing an opportunity to use this for business, he sought training at the Adventurer's Guild all of our characters are working for and learned proper swordsmanship and battle strategy. He supports his father with some of the money he earns through adventuring and he still carries his tools with him to remind him of his heritage. His greatest flaw is his training itself. Outside of battle, he is warm and kind. In battle, he is logical and calculating. He was trained to not let emotion rule him during battle, and he took that to heart. He wouldn't go out and fight in a battle that is surely suicide, that isn't smart. He's willing to make sacrifices to succeed, and if he were in that dire situation, he would expect his companions to do the same.
>>
>>44104462
I think you need to flesh out the part where he kills his tutor. Why did the demoness tempt him to do so? How did he even manage to kill someone that much stronger than him? Also, the need to assist older women part is a bit strange, I'm not sure I really get it yet. But, so far so good.

Well thread, I am off to sleep. Thanks for all the responses and feedback, it was fun reading it all.
>>
File: XI_Paladin_Artwork.jpg (201 KB, 680x800) Image search: [Google]
XI_Paladin_Artwork.jpg
201 KB, 680x800
Maru Aurelius. His family was a long line of accomplished Elven wizards, but Maru himself was a half-elf - born of one of his father's infidelities to a retired adventurer named Alia.

Unfortunately for the young Maru, he was still quite young (by elf or even half-elf standards) when he outlived his mom, leaving the bulk of his childhood under the stern watch of his less-than-pleased father. Maru was never fully accepted by the clan of wizards, preferring the "running jumping climbing trees" parts of being an elf to the "studious wizard" part. Combined with his being only a half-member of the bloodline, it was with a heavy feeling of relief that he finally left that place to join the city watch.

At the watch, he finally found a proper environment to become the warrior he was born to be, excelling in defensive combat techniques and detective work. When he was introduced to a certain cult of warrior-clerics, it was a match made in heaven. Probably literally, as Maru became a Paladin, and left the Watch to walk the Earth in whatever direction his goddess directed him.

His vows were an informal thing, which would set the precedent for much of his career. He took them before a cleric of Lysander, since he was the only other holy man around, and made them up on the spot. Above all things he promised to never harm a foe without first offering them full faith in diplomacy, to never make an accusation that could not be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, and to respect the dignity of all living things.

His feet eventually carried him to a merchant ship, where he traded labor for passage to the next stop in his pilgrimage. Since this boat also carried three other level one adventurers, it was a doomed voyage. She sank in hostile waters, surrounded by surface Dark Elves who had turned to piracy and slave trading.
>>
File: drider_by_colbystevenson-d90hgfc.jpg (171 KB, 1280x1128) Image search: [Google]
drider_by_colbystevenson-d90hgfc.jpg
171 KB, 1280x1128
Continued from >>44104662

Predictably, the four level one heroes survived just long enough to be sent to die in the gladiatorial arena. For Maru, it was his first real test of faith.

He found himself chained to a monstrous entity that had once been Elven, and expected to fight to the death. He took cover behind a tower shield, considered his options and - fully expecting to fail and be forced to fight for his life - offered her the chance at an alliance. "We could give them the greatest show they've ever seen! They'll be forced to let us live to attract the crowd again!" The she-creature, strangely, considered his proposal. Why risk fighting and killing seven other prisoners when she could risk fighting and killing six of them, with the seventh covering her back?

It was an alliance sealed with a kiss. The crowd went wild, Maru spent a round stunned both literally and figuratively.

Working together with their new, unexpected ally, the four captured adventurers did what four captured adventurers do best: ignore their captor's offer of a quest and engineer their own escape into the wilderness. The poisoned Drow guards with spider's poison, scaled the walls of their prison on thick ropes of spider silk, and argued about the definition of irony the whole way. During the escape, Maru's fighting style proved it's worth to his comrades, when he blocked an open archway with his tower shield, holding back several guards with faith-aided strength while his sorcerer friend gathered his wits into a blaze of fire that incinerated them in record time.

Of course, Maru had offered them the chance to surrender moments before, but they refused.
>>
bump for stories
>>
File: 5309a.jpg (91 KB, 425x989) Image search: [Google]
5309a.jpg
91 KB, 425x989
>>44103033
5e character, an Open Hand Monk who technically was never actually a "monk" and is fairly nontraditional as classic Monks go.

He's a Forgotten Realms character with the Waterdhavian Noble Backround and basically farted around Waterdeep living off his family name, not really taking anything in life seriously since he could pretty much live without making himself useful. He was never really challenged by anything or anyone due to his rank, so he swiftly grew bored and listless as well as useless.
His parents got tired of it and hired him a tutor who offered to teach him "discipline" and "educate him on the world"; said tutor was a gold dragonborn and seemed like a sage from far-off lands, so they hired him and sent their son to the guy in hopes that he'd become productive.
The dragonborn DID educate him on history and religion, but he wasn't an educational tutor; he was actually a skilled martial artist who began to teach the spoiled brat his techniques and martial styles.
At first the noble scion resisted, but then the dragonborn sage, stroking his whiskers in a kung-fu master fashion asked him;
>"So you're just going to flit through life being a useless twit? I suppose the life I offer IS too exciting for a boy like that."
Taking it as a challenge, the noble dedicated himself to martial training and actually DID learn discipline...kinda. He now has better self control and the discipline needed to be a skilled warrior, but his Master never actually taught him anything about respecting his family or duty to it since all he really wanted was to pass on his knowledge to an apprentice.
Now the noble is out adventuring (ignoring his family duties again) because his horizons have been broadened and he's discovered that he LOVES overcoming challenges with his skills and testing himself in combat. He also likes finding treasure and getting paid for his work, but he doesn't actually NEED it; it's just how he keeps score.
>>
File: latest.png (802 KB, 789x995) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
802 KB, 789x995
>>44107249
He's my attempt at a very not-monklike Monk; he's Neutral Good instead of Lawful, he actually still likes heavily indulging himself in finery and wine and women rather then being disciplined and abstinent, and still acts like an important nobleman wherever he goes.

Weirdly, one of his hobbies is cooking; he got one toolset proficiency for free, and none of the others seemed to fit, so I took "Chef's Tools" and explained it by saying that his personal standards of having the best of everything meant he refuses to eat anything BUT well-made meals, so he learned to cook extensive ones while adventuring.
It's becoming a recurring joke that a lot of creatures they kill he tries to cook into exotic dishes; including perytons and a manticore.

He's fairly even-minded despite his social status; his harsh training and his tendency during his even more ne'er-do-well days to associate with lower classes means that while he sees his noble birth as making him important, he doesn't actually really see himself as "better" then anyone else, and he takes the concept of noblesse oblige very seriously...in fact since he adventures almost completely for fun and doesn't actually need money to live, it's arguably the ONLY thing he takes seriously.

Pic related; his teacher was heavily based of Garr from BoFIII.
>>
My character is a Highlander in a WoD game. He's basically Vergil from DMC but with Dante's cockiness. A rightly earned cockiness. He's got a magic sword from his father named Flux (though the nickname is Luck and Pluck) which lets him do ranged sword attacks and makes him lucky. First story involved the party hunting and killing a Lasombra that ruined our time at a casino. We found the Lasombra's family, got the son in law to spill the beans, then framed his daughter's murder by his granddaughter after calling him to lure him to us. He died really fast to flamethrowers. After that I killed NotJason from Friday the 13th. After that we cleaned the sewers of Tzimisce abominations. I also kill his Vozhd in 5 seconds. After that I killed the Achilles via luck and pluck in a duel. Now I'm scary powerful and we are going to take over Miami cause we can.
Achilles should have killed me had I not lucked out and had I not poisoned my sword.
>>
>>44104593
Not the guy you were responding too, but when I run games I ALWAYS tell the players the premise first so that their characters can have a pre-existing relationship. It cuts down inter-party conflict by a huge degree, and when it DOES happen it's usually friendly BS'ing (both in character and out) instead of players trying to get eachother killed or steal eachothers stuff because they came to the game with two incompatible character concepts.
>>
>>44104662
>>44104815
I like paladins with a bit of humor, charm, and flexibility to them. Detectives are always good (but holy skill points, Batman), and the family element sounds like it could be fun in the future if you or the GM decide to pursue that in the future.

From my own experience, seriously offering diplomacy or mercy to enemies can be difficult to pull off in character if it's important to the pc, especially in a party with murderhobos. I've seen it tried it before to middling effects.
>>
>>44103033
NE barbarian, bastard son of the king/khal/chieftain of the largest tribe on the continent.Being a bastard he has like no claim to a title or anything, but his dad occasionally lends him troops and money and stuff. He's constantly getting into bed with anything that spreads its legs, is secretly having an affair with the elf queen, and is currently in the process of raising a horde to attack the city full of LG human paladins. He also regularly brings human sacrifices to the druids, mostly magic users that piss him off. (custom setting, druids are celtic pagan priests that sacrifice stuff to herne and all that).

How 'that guy' am I, /tg/?
>>
I am actually playing a ravenloft campaign. My character, Dr. Adalon Von Brach, is a doctor from the mournlands in ebberon. Divine healing does not work in the mornlands so doctors are a prized and guarded commodity. Taken as a child into the medical college, his mentor taught him everything. Turns out his mentor also taught him alot of necromancy, and being a naive child, he thought it was standard procedure.
In adult hood, he stumbled upon his mentors plans to become a lich. Being good at heart, he slew his mentor before the ritual was complete with his masters own scalpel. Students rushed in and only saw him standing over the body of a loved professor. Adalon fled, taking his practice on the road. Little did he know, the slaying of his master completed the ritual, his scalpel now the phylactery. He must continue to run, lest his mentors spirit catches up.

tl;dr- Hes a necromancer who fancies himself a surgeon really. I only allow him to take necro spells that deal with anatomy.

>>44108381
Depends. Is this the start of his story or is this well into a campaign? He sounds like your typical son of of a big CEO. Does he have any confrontation? Is life just easy for him? Whats the actual problem he has r is this pretty much sandbox mode now? Curious as to what the actual conflict is. Sounds like he dosnt need to be an adventurer.
>>
>>44108743
He's around level 11, 1st edition AD&D (we houserule the shit out of it), He really fucking hates paladins, if that's enough confrontation.He also carries his troops around and burns and rapes and pillages settlements not controlled by his tribe. But we mostly play a sandbox game, with multiple DMs, me DMing most of the the time. I just let the players do what they want. Given, there's plenty of opportunity for plots and stuff but my group is so fucking spastic that I just give up trying to put them into any kind of plot. I basically just fleshed out my game world and let them interact with different groups to make some semblance of a storyline.
He's fun to play, just because smashing everything is hilarious, but he really lacks any character depth. Most of the roleplaying i do with him is interactions between him and his father, him and his clansmen, or him and the elf queen, who isn't like, queen of all the elves ever, she just happens to control a settlement and invites elves to live in her community so maybe one day their people will be great again because the elves were wiped out in a genocide by emperor canadarr around 45 years before the time period we are playing now. anyway she and my barbarian have been/were (they've pretty much stopped seeing each other) fucking for a while. he wanted to marry her but she didn't think it was the best decision for her people. so he's on a binge right now, trying to drown a broken heart in dwarven fire water, plotting to take his barbarians to her city to kill her. it's pretty edgy, but our group has fun.

Sorry, didn't mean to ramble
>>
File: 1449725868167.jpg (142 KB, 900x730) Image search: [Google]
1449725868167.jpg
142 KB, 900x730
>>44108997
pic sorta related
>>
>>44108997
I wouldn't think such a creature capable of getting attached enough to suffer from a broken heart
>>
Playing a paladin in a PF game, tell me what you think

Jor Rhoden Volsungar was the thirdborn son of a noble house in the realm of Eldam (homebrew setting, pretty norse/celtic vibe). Being thirdborn, he had no hope to inherit the House, so his parents gave hin to the Order of the Wardens of Light, a paladin order with the task of protecting the smallfolk from evil threats, especially undead.
During his period of training, a powerful Lich called Kramador appeared in the region and started rampaging with his undead army.
To fight off this threat, the whole order of paladins mobilitizedto face him. The Lich was defeated but many paladins died that day and Jor was among them. With his dying breath he swore an oath that would the lich ever dare to come back, he'd rise again to fight him.
100 years later, Jor awakensin his tomb, now being an undead skeleton.
Taking up the name of Vigil, he started roaming the land looking for the lich and searching for a way to kill it (he doesn't know about phylacteries) while in the meantime tries to resume his task of protecting the smallfolk.

Being un undead, he deeply hates himself and what he's become, but his meeting with death made him understand how wonderful life really is, and will do anything to prevent people to throw away their own without reason. He also really miss being able to eat, sleep and feel pain
>>
>>44109456
even the wicked love
>>
>>44109806
10/10 would roll with
>>
First-generation colonist to Synoro (Kepler-186f; it's a real life candidate). Genetically engineered for harsher conditions than the norm, set up one of the numerous initial base camps along with ~50 others. Things went pear shaped in the winter, camp went full Donner Party to survive. Became an accepted practice over the next few years before the main wave of colonists arrived. Once they did, the base camps were absorbed into society proper; my character didn't stay on the planet, they weren't adjusted well enough to the rapidly booming population. Hitched a ride off world, joined up with the salvage corporation the campaign characters work for.

Supposed to be a cosmic/psychological horror campaign where the past is gonna come back to haunt her. I kept it short and probably left out a lot of important stuff here.
>>
File: Davos_Truespear.png (212 KB, 1600x799) Image search: [Google]
Davos_Truespear.png
212 KB, 1600x799
Davos Truespear

A trident&net fighter, remnant of a decommissioned naval unit. Tends to identify with the ship as literal family. Seeks crew to help re-live glory days.

Played him in a pirate campaign that didn't get very far.
>>
Bump of life. Anyone?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.