[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Standard General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: knight of the white orchid.jpg (34 KB, 240x340) Image search: [Google]
knight of the white orchid.jpg
34 KB, 240x340
>Brew Edition
>Standard Discussion

Hey TG,

Since Battle came out, I've wanted to create a deck based around pic related and the Battlelands (or whatever you fags call em these days)

I've had difficulty coming up with something that I think would work.

The shell:

>4 Windswept Hearth
>3 Canopy Vista
>3 Prairie Stream
>4 Lumbering Falls
>3 Island
>6 Plains

>4 Knight of the White Orchid

I don't have any Flooded Strands, and probably won't be getting any, but the mana base seems to work out very well. It's the rest of the deck I'm trying to figure out. Also, INB4 Jace.

My latest brew (untested)

>4 Woodland Wanderer
>2 Gaea's Revenge
>3 Halimar Tidecaller

>1 Negate
>1 Disperse
>4 Anticipate
>1 Become Immense
>3 Turn to Frog
>3 Coastal Discovery
>4 Stasis Snare
>4 Scatter to the Winds

Thoughts? Suggestions? I put Turn to Frog over Silkwrap as a way to deal with Jace, but also trigger spell mastery/delve.
>>
>>44100712
I dont know about standard, but that card screams commander
>>
>>44100712
>all the people thinking this guy would skyrocket after the duals were considered as "plane island" and such
>>
File: 1404341540577.jpg (175 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1404341540577.jpg
175 KB, 2560x1600
>tfw standard is dead as fuck
>>
File: 1449621927757.jpg (37 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1449621927757.jpg
37 KB, 500x376
>tfw I made a delve jund without resorting to meme cards
>>
>>44100712
My suggestion would be to replace turn into frog for the 1U card that exiles the creature and manifest the top. I think it's a better way to deal with it since turn into frog lasts until the end of the turn only.
>>
>>44100712
Also, which card has spellmastery in your deck? It worth to include 3 halimar for the awaken cards you have? Have you considered Nissa or dromoka?
>>
>>44102429
Define meme cards
>>
I've noticed a lot of jeskai black lists are slowing down and getting grindier

i think thats fucking gay though so im interested in going the opposite direction and getting slightly more aggressive

to this end, swapped out mainboard negate/dispel for duress since that plays nicer with jace. I also put in two jeskai charm since i really like end step dig for a charm, untap with jace up, nuke them for 8, which i think is a slightly better plan with my next point,

rather than going down or eliminating mantis riders, I went up to 6 mantis riders by moving dragonmaster outcast and 1 ojutai's command to the sideboard and adding 2 akoum firebirds since they function similarly to outcast while also being usable before turn 6

i also have swift reckoning because nobody at my lgs plays mantis rider so im pretty sure it's a sometimes instant speed roast that kills wingmate rocs.
>>
>>44103984
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jeskai-blapck/
forgot to post list
>>
Currently working on a GB ZulaHusk deck right now. The appeal for this variant is that everything is CMC 3 and less so mana isn't really an issue, and the deck runs 12 creatures that give me another creature when it dies, though I'm missing 4 Carrier Thrulls right now. Subbing in 2 Dutiful Attendants right now. Also subbing in Macabre Waltz for Dutiful Returns right now. But everything else is what I want in right now. The one playtest I had went well but I'm gonna need a few more tests before I make any major changes, though I'll take suggestions now so I can keep them in mind while I test this out.
>>
>>44104000

and my stupid ass forgot the list

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gb-aristrocrats-1/
>>
>>44104007
I think UB is still better than this since it gets whirler rogue combo and sidisi's faithful and counterspells out of the board to protect husk. it looks like all you really do is put 1/1s on the board alongside two easily removed payoff cards
>>
>>44100712
Buy strands before they go any higher you idiot
>>
>>44105522

>Fucks Given
>>
>>44103796
-
Card name?
>>
>>44102003

I bought into this guy before zendikar was spoiled. a 2/2 first strike mana ramp in white? sign me up.
>>
>tfw MTG is a game of statistical analysis
>>
Help me brew a 4 colour (no red) bring to light + demonic pact control deck.

4x BTL
4x Demonic Pact
4x sultai charm
3x utter end
3x languish
4x DTT
2x ugin, the spirit dragon

9-10 more slots then 26-27 lands

Firstly, what good BTL targets up to cmc=4 am I missing for a control deck?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.