[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the real most interesting ways to tempt good guys towards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: lmg100033.jpg (205 KB, 800x667) Image search: [Google]
lmg100033.jpg
205 KB, 800x667
What are the real most interesting ways to tempt good guys towards naughty deeds? Not necessarily paladins (too easy and too overdone ie having sex with the devil) or even pertaining to alignments in general so much as your average decent person adventurer.
>>
Infidelity comes to mind.
>>
>>44100692
>too easy and too overdone ie having sex with the devil

It's the best one though. Betraying everything for sex is great, whether it's good turning evil for sex or evil turning good for sex.

Of course it doesn't have to be sex, but that's just the most obvious.
>>
>>44100692
Making them think there will be no consequences.
Making them too angry to think.
>>
File: Vuk39Di[1].png (29 KB, 527x594) Image search: [Google]
Vuk39Di[1].png
29 KB, 527x594
>>44100692
>What are the real most interesting ways to tempt good guys towards naughty deeds?

Easy
>Pssst... go-... human! Hey, human!
>You want to save that big tittied princess, right?
>You'll need power for that, lots and lots of power!
>"The scent of corruption?" Nonsense! This power is 100% purified!
>Trust me, I'm an elf!
>>
The road is paved with small misdeeds. There are easy evils, evils that one can justify by not hurting anyone. This leads to greater, the ones that only hurt a few. Then even greater.
>>
>>44100866
It's a slippery slope. You start with little things that make the big ones easier to justify.
>>
>>44100692
If you want to avoid sexual temptation, there is always the option of presenting the party with opportunities to go too far in the pursuit of a righteous goal.

You know, war crimes stuff. Committing genocide against a hostile nation, torturing enemy prisoners for information, that sort of thing.
>>
Put them in situations with no right answers. Force them to question their beliefs.
>>
>>44100692

Players tend to think tactically rather than emotionally, so present them with situations that have possible strategic benefits down the line.

That hussie propositioning you to break your vows of chastity? She's well-connected in the Guild of Merchants. The guy asking you to give an alibi for his shady bullshit? High-ranking general. And gosh wouldn't it be useful to have those people owe you a favour nude nudge wink win.
>>
File: 1449802863406.jpg (114 KB, 877x825) Image search: [Google]
1449802863406.jpg
114 KB, 877x825
>>44100692
>Satan the devil himself will never look at you like this
>>
File: 6728[2].png (48 KB, 333x286) Image search: [Google]
6728[2].png
48 KB, 333x286
>>44100980
>NOT giving her the Holy Paladin Dick
What shitty cult do you even belong to?

>Inb4 Christiaity

>1503
>Not converting the New World with your Holy Spanish Dick
>>
>>44101075
>>Not converting the New World with your Holy Spanish Dick
Have fun when your shit falls off from STD's and your descendents shit themselves in public because of a multi-generational death curse backed by an angry god of the underworld.
>>
>>44101120
>and your descendents shit themselves in public because of a multi-generational death curse backed by an angry god of the underworld.

My boy, when you're balls deep in the third maiden of the week, you aren't thinking about your descendants.

Frankly, the spawn of your ball butter can take care of themselves, you have some priests to kill.
>>
Offer a better reward for the less moral option. Duh.
Do this by appealing to the deadly sins that involve PCs: Greed, wrath, lust, and pride.
I mean, that's seriously not hard.

>Greed
King pays you 100 gold to hunt down bandits, bandits plead that they have a big take on the horizon, and will offer the PCs a cut if they help, and that cut is way more than 100 gold.

>Wrath
A situation that could be resolved peacefully instead leads to unnecessary violence.

>Lust
Imaginary ass-tapping.

>Pride
"Oh, your PC is a great Wizard? Trixie thinks she's a better one.
>>
The real crafty way to make good guys go bad is to present them with two options.

Option one: Do a great deed, and some people will get hurt/killed, and some will be saved.

Option two: Do an unsavory deed, and very few people will get hurt/killed, and most will be saved.

After they select option two because they're actually good guys who care more about saving lives than recognition, make all the people they saved hate them for it. Twist the facts. Make them seem like the bad guy. They hit them with the killer: A family member of one of the deceased will approach and venomously launch a tirade at them about how it was the player's fault that their family member died.

Then let them stew in it. They'll eventually start to wither under the hatred. They'll get resentful, and at that moment, send a bad guy in the guise of good with an offer of fealty, or some other form of service. Have that character reinforce the doubts from the incident.
"Oh, it's not your fault. I can't believe they hate you for it."
Befriend the character. Then, have the NPC create a situation in which the player has to choose whether to save the ungrateful villager, or the NPC of which they are allied. If they choose the NPC, they're selfish to save a friend over an innocent villager. If they save the villager, they've betrayed a friend.

At least, that's my take on it.
>>
>>44101325
>tfw Autistic Good Paladin does not care they hate him

>continues to do Good things as his god dictates
>>
>>44100749
>evil turning good for sex
That's never occured to me. I'm gonna make my next character an evil rape type orc who fell in love with a lady paladin he saw on a battlefield so he's trying to turn civilized and worship pelor so he can woo her. Yes.

Any other, better examples of this?
>>
>>44101468
>Any other, better examples of this?

There's a succubus in Pathfinder that strives to become good, although sex is a factor it isn't the primary motivation.
>>
>>44100692
Make them believe that they are doing the right thing. Like for example, a character tells one to donate to a charity. So that other person donates to charity. But that charity is actually the evil group that person has been against the whole time, and that money went towards hurting people instead of helping them.

You get me? Deception.
>>
>>44101468
>evil rape type orc who
So why doesn't he like, you know....do the thing he's been doing?
>>
>>44101545
Yeah, but that doesn't make him evil, it makes him stupid. To be evil, you need to make a conscious decision to perpetrate wrongdoing. He has to want to do it.
>>
>>44101468
We had a BBEG turn good because the bard fucked him and he fell head over heels in love with her. We couldn't beat the guy in a fight, we couldn't assassinate him, we couldn't even outsmart or outmaneuver him. But a little charm, a flutter of the eyes, some sweet words, firm tits and a tight ass and a tumble in the sheets broke him worse than we ever could have done.

Also in a separate game, the young naive rogue managed to thaw the heart of an ancient evil magic Empress. He supposedly fell in love at first sight with her and kept breaking in to see her, bring her flowers, leave her letters or try to read love poems to her. Eventually and after a very long time, his feelings began to be reciprocated. Not so much because of all the cheesy romance tactics as taught by the bard, but because he could make her laugh and wasn't afraid of her.

One other though not really love or romance, but an evil necromancer developed a sort of yandere crush on the monk and desperately wanted his dick. The thirst was real, but even if he was willing to overlook her evil deeds, he was a monk and so things like intimacy were beneath him. That whole situation was more comedy oriented, but in a sense it sort of worked to lessen her evil because she became obsessed with him rather than trying to make undead armies or topple cities, so her scope was very much narrowed.
>>
>>44101586
Because it's different this time. He has feelings about a woman besides lust for once. But also lust. And having seen her in battle, he thinks she'd probably push his shit in.
>>
>>44101771
Your DM seems to have a thing for this trope.
>>
>>44101803
Compared to the number and types of games we've played, it's almost a minority not worth mentioning. It has happened, but relatively rarely.
>>
>>44100692
Small evil done to prevent a larger one. Small things like this will pave the way more than big 'save nuns from or put out an orphanage fire'
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.