[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The BBEG is actually the big good of the story and the PCs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12
File: 4799486-1017111712-Ameri.jpg (168 KB, 934x834) Image search: [Google]
4799486-1017111712-Ameri.jpg
168 KB, 934x834
>The BBEG is actually the big good of the story and the PCs have been duped into carrying out war crimes
Have you ever seen this and how did the players react?

Also, villains that did nothing wrong as examples.
>>
File: Immortanjoe.png (1 MB, 1700x705) Image search: [Google]
Immortanjoe.png
1 MB, 1700x705
>Villains that did nothing wrong
>>
>>44100260
the PCs doubled down on their fuck up and killed both the BBEG and the king they were serving, then left
>>
Wanted to give everyone superpowers
Recognized super humans were treating regular humans like shit
Recognized that super humans were dangerous as fuck and leveled the playing field
>>
File: Dr_doom_ultimate02.png (113 KB, 345x360) Image search: [Google]
Dr_doom_ultimate02.png
113 KB, 345x360
>>
File: Luthor.png (76 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
Luthor.png
76 KB, 350x263
>Wants to lead humanity into its glorious future
>>
File: am0E92v_700b.jpg (499 KB, 700x2941) Image search: [Google]
am0E92v_700b.jpg
499 KB, 700x2941
>>
there are good examples of bad guys that are actually somewhat good guys and these are not them
>>
File: 250px-ozymandias1.png (115 KB, 250x331) Image search: [Google]
250px-ozymandias1.png
115 KB, 250x331
>>44100766
see: this
>>
>>44100260
I guarantee Armstrong would be singing a different tune if he weren't already one of the strongest people in the world.

This isn't a case of a bad guy being sort of good, it's a case of a privileged person trying to change the system to make it even more accommodating to themselves.

Selfish prick.
>>
File: latest.jpg (17 KB, 334x474) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
17 KB, 334x474
>>44100766
>>
File: Hitler.jpg (44 KB, 1087x1442) Image search: [Google]
Hitler.jpg
44 KB, 1087x1442
>>44100260

Now that that's out of the way, carry on with the thread.
>>
>>44100785
>>44100901
Playing pretty loose to call either of those good guys.

What, are you going to tell me Kreia is a decent example of a morally grey character?
>>
>>44100956
You been smoking crack? Ozymandias is almost objectively in the right.
>>
>>44100284
he was pretty brutal in how he ran things
>>
>>44101017
He could have been gentler, and he did have far too much emotional/psychological attachment to those girls, but otherwise he really was the good guy.
>>
Probably not that original, but we played a Fairy Tail setting based game where there was a guy try to nullify magic within his domain. His line of reasoning was that because of the proliferation of magic, advancement and progress had ground to a halt and people kind of stagnated.

I liked it at least, because it wasn't like he was trying to destroy all magic and mages forever everywhere. He just had his own city and kept his actions more or less confined to the city. It wasn't even discriminatory, anyone could come to live there even mages, just that by being in the city they weren't able to use magic. The authorities of the country and the royal magic council and magic guilds didn't like any of it though and kept trying to have it all shut down. It was a difficult situation on another hand though because no one wanted to admit that his efforts might be important and helpful against other countries or enemy forces who were big on magic.

To the guy's credit, he did more or less achieve what he wanted, and the city resembled and was technologically as advanced as early 1900's San Francisco, and people who lived there had happy and productive lives. Meanwhile the rest of the setting was sort of stuck in Medieval to Renaissance times magical fantasy. Furthermore, the success of his efforts was only marred by one outright evil act, in the treatment of a person to develop the magic nullification technology.
>>
>>44100346
petty cool dude that could have been a super hero and helped to advance humanity
>>44100363
>implying Doom is a villain
>>44100405
whenever hes not trying to beat superman to appease his ego
>>44100532
technically that's true
>>
>>44101042
He sure didnt manage resources well.

Having worked for a city water processing plant before, he wasted thousands of dollars worth of water in that waterfall and that is based on the prices in the bum fuck Florida town I worked in. Wasting that much in a apocalyptic desert should have been a war crime.
>>
>>44100284
He was kind of a dick though.

His wives are all prisoners that he uses.

He doesn't ration out water so much as just dumps it on the ground and lets the filthy peasantry try to scoop some up.

His warboys are all diseased from the harsh living and working conditions he imposes on them, not to mention that he made himself out to be a religious figure to command all these guys.

Not very nice.
>>
>>44101103
True, but the way I saw it is he was actually just using that water as bait.

It makes the people below believe they have a chance to get some and is a big showy display of his power. He probably only does it once a month at most.

The people are arguably the more important resource. He has to have a continuous stream of people looking for water showing up so he can continue to harvest warboys and broodmothers from them.
>>
>>44101103
if you could get your hands on a considerable amount of metal to make pipes that flow down to the water collection area and maybe a reservoir that doesn't get dirt in the water if would be more efficent
>>
>>44101125
No no, the warboys already have cancer. They have half-lives to begin with. Being a warboy is based around the fact that they all know they're going to die extremely young, so they may as well die gloriously to ascend shiny and chrome.
>>
>>44100861
The man stuck to his guns even after getting a hand put through his chest he may have been a prick but he was true to his belief system of might makes right even after it got him killed.
>>
>>44101164
I saw nothing to indicate that they would be sick (or more sick than anyone else) before becoming warboys. There were elderly among the crowds gathering at the Citadel, but the warboys are all too sick to grow old. That says to me that it's their environment in specific.
>>
>>44101242
The people in the crowd only look elderly because they're filthy, brutalized, and unshaven. I'm sure most of them are younger than 45 with not any above 55.
>>
>>44101158
Rationing water would be way more efficient, though it would smack of communism as you would only get the water that your job demands according to those with the water.

Have a few dozen taps in a guarded area, everyone gets one of 5 different colored/marked chips depending on job they have. Show up at that time, claim water and do what you need to unfuck world.
>>
>>44101242
>people become warboys if they're already sick and going to die young
>but there's people who are old and aren't warboys

...Yes?
>>
>>44101339
Eh, that makes sense. But,

>>44101366
>people become warboys
aren't warboys selected as children? That's what I'm saying: Unless everyone has cancer already, it's only the warboys who are all sick. If they're selected as children, it has to be something they're around for a long time making them sick. I imagine that living in the Citadel, in tight spaces with all sorts of smoke and chemicals, isn't good for you.
>>
>>44101366
There's actually a deleted scene where a woman tries to give her baby to one of the lift guards and he throws it back because it's got too many lumps.

He does end up taking her though because she has big tits and offers to be a milk-bitch.
>>
>>44101416
Everyone does have cancer already.

Look at the people in the crowd, half of them have big tumours on their body and the other half are probably dying of internal ones.
>>
File: image.png (630 KB, 679x817) Image search: [Google]
image.png
630 KB, 679x817
>>44101453
Many people have cancer. Parents give their children to become war boys. War boys are usually happy with their position, as they get all the food and water they need without having to worry about dying of hunger or thirst. In exchange they work for Joe as raiders/supply runners/army. Joe was a colonel and established a caste system in which military was just below the royal caste.
>>
>>44101416
It's implied, if not outright stated, that a nuclear war killed the world, so there's radiation everywhere. It's less "it sucks to live in the Citadel" and more "it sucks to live in general."

>>44101428
I assume warboys aren't specifically chosen because they're sick, it's just the terminally ill are the only ones who would even bother trying to be a warboy.
>>
>>44101512
Pretty much.

But the Imperators and Joe's family still views the warboys as an expendable resource as much as any of breeder/milk women.

Remember the scene where the People Eater is listing the casualties of the battles so far? He lists the units of fuel and the cars, but doesn't even mention the warboys that died. So they're even less valuable to them than material.
>>
>>44101540
They're actually chosen of the strongest that are around really. That's the fucked up thing. Almost everyone has a half life now, and so they're actually picky about who they want to be their soldiers.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 600x450
>>44101540
The radiation does cause cancer. Nearly everyone who isn't regularly treated has it in the Mad Max Fury Road universe.

As I said in the post above: parents generally give their children, and it's not a bad gig at all. You get minor medical care, food and water. It's not luxurious but nearly nothing besides being a concubine or milk mother is.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 480x539) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 480x539
>>44101554
Note that being expendable is just part of being non-royal. Materials and fuel are in short supply; war boys aren't. Supply & Demand.

In the post apocalypse you have to be pragmatic. After the dumb bimbos took over I have no doubt the citadel fell to neighboring forces/decline of resources due to giving everything out willy nilly.
>>
>>44101187
As opposed to admitting he was wrong? Wouldn't happen, dude was narcissistic.
>>
>>44101554
If you lock two cars in a room you won't come back to three cars. Joe's got the biggest army around, and he has what, thirty cars?
>>
>>44101637
Agreed.

I'm just pointing out that while it's true Warboys are a step below royal, that first step is a doozy.
>>
>>44100861
Dude Armstrong was fucking crazy but he did genuinely believe in his ideals. He was pretty alright with being killed by Raiden because it followed his belief of might makes right. If anything his death validated his opinions since Raiden was an example of his philosophy in action.
>>
>>44101661
He was a zealot not a narcissist. Literally everything he did was in service of his ideal America not his own glorification. He admitted that becoming president was just a means to an end.
>>
>>44100785
He made a fortune off his actions, was egotistical to the max, and in essence became the leader of the new world order.....but he is the first thing that comes to mind when i think "lawful good"
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.