[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars: Fortune Hunter Quest #12
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20
File: Barloz-class_freighter_TCWCG.jpg (1020 KB, 1074x992) Image search: [Google]
Barloz-class_freighter_TCWCG.jpg
1020 KB, 1074x992
PREVIOUSLY: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=Star+Wars%3A+Fortune+Hunter

The hiss of your door opening up alerts you. “Hey, Rhys.” You turn around in your chair, looking back to see Misri in the doorway. As dirty as ever, wearing only a tanktop and the jumpsuit pants. “Breakfast time. Uncle Kuvasz is making some weird tingle casserole or whatever for breakfast, he says it’s good,” she says, trying to coax you out of your room.

Truth be told, in the past several days you’ve been in hyperspace, you’ve rarely left your quarters at all. Only to go to the refresher, maybe grab some food out of the galley, or direct Vikker at the helm in the cockpit. But overall, it was just sitting, staring at the holonet, staring up at the ceiling as you lie in bed. Basic sulking stuff, nothing you aren’t familiar with, especially back in Flight School when this was really all you had to do was sulk. You shrug. “Just send bring it around to my quarters, Misri…” You blink, then narrow your eyes. “’Uncle’ Kuvasz?”

She smirks a bit. “What, jealous that I don’t give you a pet name?”

“What’s so ‘uncle’ about a Mandalorian?” you ask.

“Hey, he cooks food, he tells really funny stories, he’s pretty old too.” Misri steps inside, looking around your somewhat barebones Captain’s Quarters. You had a few trophies set up on the wall, celebrating your achievements at Flight School, your Ace-in-a-Day medallion as well, nothing too valuable. They’re nice to look at though. “Oooh…” Misri grabs your medallion off the wall, then compares it to the necklace she wears. “What do you think?”

You scowl a bit. “I think you should put that back where it belongs.”

“Ooookay.” She places it back on the wall, a bit perturbed by your sudden hostility. “But seriously, Rhys.” She leans on your desk, looking down on you. “I know Lotte screwing us over might be sad, but… you know, we haven’t seen you leave your room a lot and we’re just getting worried as well.”

[1/3]
>>
>>44094154
[2/4]

You grunt, leaning back in your seat and folding your arms. “Misri, have you ever had family betray you and become the worst kind of people you’ve ever known?”

She shrugs. “Wouldn’t know.” She says this quietly, “I didn’t really have a family.” Oh, damn it. You didn’t mean to hurt her feelings.

“Hey, look. I’m sorry for worrying you, I just feel I need some time by myself,” you say.

“You’ve had plenty of time.” She grabs you by the arm and gently tugs you, smiling. “Come have breakfast.” She leans in a bit, smirking, swaying her hips a little. “I’ll let you have my pudding if you’re a good boy.”

You squint. “We have pudding?”

-

-

You do have pudding. Kuvasz is busy washing up the dishes, having already eaten long before everyone else did. His sleep schedule seems to work quite similarly to yours. He doesn’t sleep in late, but unlike you that’s more by choice rather than by instinct. He wears only the undersuit of his armor, and a black apron to keep it clean as well. You’d almost mistake the old man as some sort of house slave for a Zygerrian. “How are you enjoying your tiingilar, children?” he asks.

You chew on the soft soft casserole he cooked up for the lot of you. Vikker has already consumed it, apparently immune to the spicy effects. Misri meanwhile struggles to even breathe with it in her mouth, the spices apparently burning her insides. You yourself only feel a slight tingle, but Flight School might have spoiled you a little. Back in Flight School the Instructors would occasionally slip incredibly spicy peppers into the rations randomly. It was part of the indoctrination process, to keep TIE Pilots alert, predatory, and paranoid. Suspiciously, you always drew it every Friday, usually when Captain Jag was overseeing the Mess Hall. “It’s pretty good, Kuvasz. All Mandos know how to cook like you?”
>>
>>44094445
[3/3]

He nods, wiping his hands on a rag then running his hand through his grey hair. “Certainly. Cooking is an important skill that all Mandalorian children learn when they’re being raised by their mothers, that and hunting as well. Hunting is something do with your father, but cooking is the matriarchal thing.” He steps over to the table and sits down, then notices Misri tearing up as she chews on the casserole. “For goodness sake, Misri. You don’t need to eat it if you don’t like it.”

She spits it out onto the plate. “It’s so hot!” she whines. “Why do you make these things so spicy?”

He blinks. “Oh?” He looks down at the casserole platter in the center of the table. “My wife always told me mine were unbearably mild.”

“This is mild!?” she squeaks.

“It actually kind of is,” you say. “But it’s got a bit of kick to it, initially at least.” Misri grumbles, drinking her blue milk to sooth her tongue.

Vikker grunts. “And you eat Tiingilar everywhere?” he asks. “This is considered a breakfast food?”

“It’s considered an everything food, very simple to make. The recipe especially is designed for the possibility that you don’t have an oven but do have a flamethrower,” says Kuvasz. Kuvasz tilts his head, looking to you as you eat carefully and quietly. “So, Rhys. Since you’re finally eating in the galley with the rest of us, I assume you’re feeling much better now, correct?”

> “I won’t feel better until I get Misri’s pudding.”
> “Much better.”
> “Not really.”
> Other
>>
>>44094455
>> “I won’t feel better until I get Misri’s pudding.”
>> “Much better.”
>>
>>44094455
>“I won’t feel better until I get Misri’s pudding.”
>>
File: Pudding!.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Pudding!.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
>>44094445
And just a little to me.
>>
>>44094455
But
> “Not really.”

Just had enough of moping around with my head up my ass. What's been happening?
>>
>>44094555
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B10BxYZqa1Q
>>
>>44094555
Dont make me hungry you fuck ;_;
>>
>>44094669
I love this video.

>>44094680
Well get ready because guess what Rhys is cooking for Misri? That's right pudding!!!
>>
>>44094455
>>
>>44094455
>>
continuing the shitfest that was last thread we could make this into a corvette/light frigate
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cargo_Empress-class_super_freighter
>>
>>44094793
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cargo_Empress-class_super_freighter

This thing is fucking huge and cheap. But upgrading this will e a piece of work.
>>
>>44094888
Yeah. No shields, no armour and prone to loss of structural integrity when manoeuvring. Sounds like a death-trap.
>>

“Not until I get Misri’s pudding, no.” You look over at the milky white clump of pudding next to Misri’s plate. She looks over at you, then scowls as she slowly slides her pudding closer to herself. “Come on, share the love, Misri.”

Kuvasz grunts. “Misri doesn’t have to share her pudding if she doesn’t want to, Rhys.” What is he, your father now? “Genuinely, are you much better then?” You shrug, nodding a little. “I’ll take that as a yes, I won’t pry.”

Vikker nods. “Women.” Misri tilts her head, staring at Vikker. “You don’t count, Misri, obviously. I’m just saying, Rhys hasn’t had the best of luck finding a good nice girl to settle down with and won’t er… violently betray him.” He pats you on the arm. “Take Erma for instance.”

You bite down on your casserole, squinting. “That was my own fault.”

“What about that one Twi’lek on Ryloth?” asks Vikker. Misri tilts her head, this sounds like a story after all. “Rhys got screwed literally and figuratively by a female Twi’lek on that wasteland the tailheads come from, stole his contract work, almost got his old TIE Scout wrecked and R5 scrapped.” Misri nods, worried. Vikker quickly and helpfully adds, “Don’t worry, she’s dead.”

“Just the thing Misri wanted to hear,” says Kuvasz.

[1/2]
>>
>>44094935
[2/2]

You add, “What about the girl on Taris?”

Vikker chuckles. “Haha! Stole a blaster off of Rhys and some credits to try and break into the bounty hunting business. She’s dead too.”

Misri looks at you, incredibly concerned for her well-being. “Rhys. A lot of girls around you seem to die.”

“Relax, it’s not a pattern,” you say. “Six or seven years of being a spacer, you do a lot of things, see a lot of stuff, and end up in a lot of crazy situations.” You snap your finger, pointing to Vikker. “What about that time you sent me on a salvage mission, and all I ended up finding was nothing but Buzz Droids infesting a Jedi interceptor. I was picking those things out of the Scout for weeks!”

Vikker holds up his hands, defensively. “Had I known those things were there, I would’ve sent help.”

Kuvasz nods, leaning back in his chair, smiling. “You seem well-traveled, Rhys. I can respect that.” You nod to that, finishing off your casserole, then sliding Misri’s pudding over next to your own plate. She squeaks, pulling her plate of pudding back. Damn, can’t have everything. “You visit a lot of worlds?” You nod. More than you can recount really. “Got a favorite?”

> Dantooine. Peaceful, comfortable, not too shabby.
> Taris. Not like Coruscant, lot of history there, always something going on.
> Carida. Was raised there, very beautiful cities.
> Other
>>
>>44094952

>Naboo. Everything there is soft ... and beautiful.

No but seriously

> Taris. Not like Coruscant, lot of history there, always something going on.
>>
>>44094952
>> Taris. Not like Coruscant, lot of history there, always something going on.
>>
>>44094952
>Dantooine. Peaceful, comfortable, not too shabby.
we were planning on retiring there
>>
>>44094888
>>44094931
Yeah it will be a real project but it will also be pretty much a permanent purchase thanks to the massive amount of things you can bolt on it. Move the bridge to the center of the ship, fill the outermost cargo bays with armor plating, install a frigate class energy and shield generators...
>>
>>44094952
>> Carida. Was raised there, very beautiful cities
>>
>>44095091
The thing is that by that point you are probably better off getting a more military ship and doing some customization to work as we like it
>>
>>44094952
>> Dantooine. Peaceful, comfortable, not too shabby.
>>
>>44094952
>> Taris. Not like Coruscant, lot of history there, always something going on.
>>
>>44095152
I looked around and any military ship of around that size either requires too many people to crew or doesn't have enough space to turn into a mini-carrier.
>>
>>44094952
>>
>>44095206
But wouldnt it stand to reason if you take the cargo ship and add in a multitude of military grade systems and weapons the crew required to keep them going would also go up drastically?

The reason freighters dont need many people is because its mostly empty space you stick thing into, there simply arnt alot of things beyond "Go from A to B" that needs maintenance
>>
>>44094952
>>
>>44095206
How about this?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Raider-class_corvette

I believe that it ha a smaller crew component than the CN90. It would probably be hard to buy one from the Empire in our situation. But we probably have enough dosh to bribe a manufacturer or hire a pirate crew to steal one for us.
>>
>>44094999
>Mesa love naboo

We were jar jar the whole time.
>>
File: CEC_Barloz_090907.gif (66 KB, 827x1034) Image search: [Google]
CEC_Barloz_090907.gif
66 KB, 827x1034
>not using superior Barloz plans

http://deckplans.00sf.com/CEC/Barloz/Barloz.html
>>
>>44095254
I'd argue that by designing the upgrades to be crewed by as few people as possible it should be possible to greatly reduce the amount of people needed to crew the equivalent tonnage.
>>44095288
I looked at it but it mentions neither the amount of crew required or the amount of cargo it can carry.
>>
>>44095288
>But we probably have enough dosh
We don't have credits, any place we try to sell even small amounts will still only give us a fraction on the credit (no jeweler or pawnshop will actually buy at full market value, that's just naive), and if we're going to be selling small slivers/coins at a time, that's still a lot of running around we need to do in order to actually get a lot of credits.
>>
>>44094952

Dantooine.

I like the peace in there
>>
>>44095341
By that logic it would still be better to get a military ship and simply "make it more efficient".

since the basic structure doesnt have to be altered as much as the huge empty cargo holds.

But I honestly do not quite understand, yes we all know that the military contracts go to the lowest bidder, but I doubt much could be done except for installing droid-brains everywhere and letting them run the guns...but thats about it, if you could explain in more detail I'd appreciate it because I dont quite follow you
>>
>>44095446
well my idea was mainly to handwave the requirements away because we've pretty much hit a wall. We have so much money even if we lost 95 % of it we would still have 1 million credits each but we can't spend it on anything because due to QM fiat we're not getting a (bigger) military ship so we're stuck with a ship that isn't even close to our monetary level and upgrading this one will hit both the crew and size wall.
>>
>>44095341
Also, we are not a starship engineer, niether is Misri so in order for that to be even halfway feasible we'd need to get in contact with some very good designers from a respectable shipyard.
>>
Personally i like our old and rugged barloz.

Can't we simply upgrade it like hell and make it millenium falcon of medium freighters?

I like our fat old ship and its character.
>>
>>44095591
there's a limit to what you can do. get a better shield? need more power. better hyperdrive? need more power. need more space? you're fucked.
>>

“Dantooine?” Kuvasz rubs his chin, nodding a bit. “Interesting place.”

“I took a few jobs there for scavvers and Vikker here, it’s really not bad. Once I get to be your age, Kuvasz, I might retire there.” He smirks, nodding in agreement. “You got a favorite?”

“The galaxy is too big for me to pick out a favorite,” he says. He checks the time on his holopad, then blinks. “Misri, aren’t the races going to begin soon?”

“Oooh!” Misri picks up her plate and grabs her pudding away from her prying hands. “Yeah, I’ll be back!” She smiles, quickly shuffling out of the room, probably into the machine shop to watch. Damn, you really wanted some of that pudding too.

Vikker finishes off his meal. “I’ll head to the cockpit and man the controls with R5.” He nudges your arm, clicking his tusks together. “You come around when you’re ready, Rhys. I care about you enough not to let you fly when you aren’t at your best.” Fair enough. “That, and I don’t want you to go crashing the minute a tailhead shows off her behind to you.” Also fair enough. He leaves the galley, leaving you alone with Kuvasz.

“Need any help with the dishes?” you ask.

[1/2]
>>
>>44095623
[2/2]

“Nah.” He stands up, groaning a bit as he grabs at his back. “R5 tells us we’ll be in Tatooine’s orbit in about an hour or two. So go ahead and goof off.” He grabs the empty plates then turns around and heads to the sink, stacking them up and starting to wash them. “Though, if you want, I can entertain you with stories of my youth. Misri’s actually been pretty curious about how I acquired my armor and what the paintjob all means.”

You blink. “Oh yeah. You Mandos have a thing for meaning in color. Yours is dark blue, black, and gray thereabouts, does that mean anything?”

He shrugs. “It was actually red and black to signify my allegiance to Darth Maul and Death Watch at one point. Before then it was green, yellow, white, etcetera. The armor’s been passed on through the clan and repainted so many times that the paint is practically a layer of armor itself. As for why I chose those colors, I just like them, I think it makes me look hip.”

You frown a bit. “The only hip you should be worrying about is yours, gramps.”

> “But I can stick around for a story, I guess.”
> “I’m gonna see what Misri is up to.”
> “I better take the controls.”
> Other
>>
>>44095547
Yea, I can understand the issue of "suddenly another 150 characters have to be introduced to give them a crew and holy shit they can just throw bodies at the issue god damnit wtf are we heading"

And honestly the best solution I can think of is to have someone/thing design and build a custom vessel for us while we keep doing what we do, take on some larger jobs etc.

and eventually the crew would grow organically, I mean...No reason not to have a few bounty hunters on the pay roll by this point, right?
And there are plenty of people out there who dont like the rebellion and arnt in love with the Empire (even if we are still patriotic for the moment)
>>
>>44095644
>>
>>44095644

What sort of stuff does a little scamp of a Mando get up to?
>>
>>44095644
>>
>>44095613

Fuck.
I wonder, if we cant start our own medium freighter building company. We already have decentish base model and add to that rhys critical eye for perormance, misri mechanical knowledge and good engireer, then we have winner in medium freighter catacogory.

I have feeling with the money we have, nothing less than custom build for us is enought.

>>44095644

I want to hear madalore gramps storytime.
>>
>Came here expecting ace dogfights and blaster battles

>Instead get Cute Smugglers doing Cute Smuggler Things (TM)

This pleases me
>>
>>44095644
>Other
"I better go to the machine shop and cut up an ingot for bribes and paying for new papers and ID's."

Janna is going to want to be paid upfront, and I'd prefer if we could pay him in credits rather than alloys that he's going to be curious about.
Though I doubt Mos Eisley has a reputable jeweler that won't sell us out to Jabba.
>>
>>44095818
Worst case the zygarrian scavver might know someone, I mean...They are a bunch of fucking slavers, its not like they give a shit about anyone but themselves and its not like we have left many bridges unburnt
>>
>>44095799
You should be expecting that considering its german making this quest.
>>
File: 1352258922054.jpg (20 KB, 285x239) Image search: [Google]
1352258922054.jpg
20 KB, 285x239
>>44095799
>Vikker
>Cute
uh
>>
>>44096153
there are some people who collect insects and spider because their ccute.
>>
File: 20151005_161747.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151005_161747.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>44096268
Plus occasionally you'll find a fucking Pokémon while collecting them.
>>
>>44096268
There's also people who think eating shit is erotic.
>>
>>44096378
Alright...
Lets stop here before it before it goes to 'how guro and cannibalism is sexy'
>>
>>44096424
Because the human psyche is a horrible horrible mess.

Next question!
>>
>>44096482
This is not a human race problem, just some braindamaged individuals
>>

You kick up your feet however, leaning back in your seat. “Though gramps, I really would like to hear one of your stories. I imagine getting your age as a Mandalorian, there’s a lot of stuff to cover.”

“There is,” he says. “But I won’t bore you with the more… complicated things.” He turns off the sink, stepping back over to the table and sitting down in a chair with a loud thud. “Give me a second.” He reaches into his belt, then pulls out a fresh cigarra. He fits it between his lips and pulls out a small lighter and lights it. “I can’t tell a story without one of these. So… let’s see, where do I start? I told you about Death Watch.” You nod. “Well, yeah, Death Watch. Shame about what happened.”

You take a sip of blue milk, nodding. “I mean, no offense, but Imperial history makes them out to be a bunch of bloodthirsty maniacs.”

“You think they’re bloodthirsty?” Kuvasz chuckles a little. “Leaving Death Watch was a complicated matter. But when the Empire took over, us Mandalorians lost our sovereignty, our identity, our purpose in a sense. We were forced to kneel before the Emperor, and Mandalore is now nothing more than a vassal where the Empire can reap the best of our youth and tarnish our already wounded planet with their Imperialization plans. You should see Mandalore now, entire chunks of the planet are being mined for beskar, our sons and daughters are thrown into the Academy where their heritage is being exploited to turn them into nothing more than commandos for a war that does not concern them or has ever concerned them.” Kuvasz huffs, taking a drag of his cigarra. “Sorry for ranting.”

“An interesting thing to rant about,” you say. “But you know, a lot of the Mandalorians I encounter on my journeys at least seem… at best, pretty hyper.”

[1/3]
>>
>>44096546
[2/4]

“The Furies believe themselves to be the rightful daughters of Mandalore,” says Kuvasz. “Harmless I guess, but still, I would not entrust the title of Mandalore to a young girl like Forn. And if you think the Furies are the worst of it, you obviously have not met the Crusaders.”

You narrow your eyes. “Who?”

“When the Empire rolled in, I made one final attempt to ingratiate myself again with Mandalorian culture. We Mandalorians were divided, and we spread out across the galaxy as we always have when we are beaten by a superior foe. Whoring ourselves out as bounty hunters and mercenaries is really all Mandalorians can do, and it is something I detest greatly. But there are always people who want to restore Mandalore to the pedestal it puts itself upon. Warmaster Viszla for example believes herself to be the rightful Mandalore, but there are other bands of us vying for that same purpose. One of these groups is the Crusaders.”

“How were they?” you ask.

“Well, I rode an HMP Predator gunship droid for them.” You tilt your head, what? “The Crusader’s leader, Stolmy of the long dead Clan Keldau, sought to revive Mandalorian pride. It wasn’t just raiding Imperial shipping or destroying Alliance navies to him. It was about restoring what made Mandalore great in the ancient times, when the Galaxy feared us. And that meant reviving the practice of taming very big droids and riding them into battle.”

“That sounds daft.”
>>
>>44096568
[3/4]

“It was actually very fun,” he says. “But it came out who I was specifically to him, and I left. But before that, we Crusaders had set the Outer Rim on fire. Anything that looked Imperial to us died. Any civilians who looked able were kidnapped to become more Crusaders. And believe it or not, Stolmy is actually deadly charismatic. For a while even I believed in him. And I cannot blame him for wanting to restore Mandalore’s great position in the galaxy and freeing it from Imperial machinations. But…” He takes another drag, sighing deeply. “I did not agree, at all. I was sick and tired of war. I was sick and tired of stealing, murder, and pillaging to make Mandalore great.”

“So you left.”

“Well, more specifically, they tried to stop me from leaving. We were orbiting the planet of Nal Hutta when this happened. At one point the Crusaders had a fleet worthy of challenging any Empire systems fleet. But when Stolmy came personally to arrest me with ten of his finest men, I did not go quietly. I killed his guards, in the struggle a window on the ship’s bridge shattered and Stolmy was sucked into space without a helmet. The other crew fled the scene, and left the controls abandoned. So I sabotaged them in my escape. The ship, a proud Providence carrier from the Clone Wars, very great history to it, ended up colliding with another one of the Fleet’s carriers as well. And both were pulled into Nal Hutta’s atmosphere, and crashed.” He sighs, looking at you with weary eyes. “You should have been there. The explosion when they crashed was like a star bursting. I myself escaped on a shuttle, and from there, I exiled myself from Mandalorian culture again and… for the last time.”

You bite your lip, leaning back. “Wow.”

“Yeah, that’s my story for today.” He stands up, taking another drag of his cigarra. “I should get back to the dishes.”
>>
>>44096534
Not human race, human psyche.

Its your stance that they are injured, its mine that they for one reason or another deviate significantly from the norm.´Might be damage, might be an experience they had at some point, the mind is to fucked up and straight up wierd to say for sure.
>>
>>44096582
[4/4]

“Really. Switching gears so fast?” you ask.

“Yes,” he says. “As fond as I am of certain memories of fighting and combat, my time in the Crusaders is mostly things I do not care to recall.”

R5 calls you over your comm-link. “Sir, we’re about to reach Tatooine. Would you like to designate a landing site?”

“Is Mos Eisley open?” you ask. “Anchorhead?”

“Unfortunately no,” says R5. “Their spaceports are full. Mos Espa is… strangely bereft of new arrivals. But it is up to you, sir.”

> Take us on a secluded patch of desert.
> Take us to Mos Espa.
> Take us into orbit, I don’t want to land just yet.
> Other
>>
>>44096596
> Take us on a secluded patch of desert.
>>
>>44096596
>Take us into orbit, I don’t want to land just yet.
Try to figure out what's going on. Preferably with the hyperdrive warm.
>>
>>44096596
>Other
Ask Vicker if he has any contacts on Tatooine that might not immediately sell us out.
I don't like Mos Espa; seems suspicious.
>>
>>44096596
>>
File: 1449428182615.webm (2 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
1449428182615.webm
2 MB, 1176x500
>>44096596
>> Take us to Mos Espa.

Any chance we could catch a Podrace while we're in town?
>>
>>44096590
Human psyche is involving every human, therefore it's correlating it to everyone. As far as I know these are deviancies from the norm so I dont think it's actually the usual of mankind's psyche as much as some weird-ass individuals that react in an unexpected way to stimulii that would not affect any other human.
>>
>>44096596
>>
some kind anon posted huge as fuck SW comic omnibus in the SW general

>>44091120
>>44091196

>https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bvrapuugp3j0sk/Star%20Wars%20Omnibus%2C%20Tales%20From%20the%20Galaxy.cbz?dl=0
>>
>>44096596
>> Take us into orbit, I don’t want to land just yet.
>>
>>44096660
>Involves every human
>Except those ones.

That point aside I agree with you
>>
>>44096748
To make normalcy claims you pick up from the pool of every human, that's what I meant. He said it like it was normal occurence that given enough events your mind would get twisted to the point where you think devouring living beings is correlated to sex and sexual impulses.
>>
>>44096596
>>
File: Imperial Star Destroyer.jpg (400 KB, 2146x1781) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Star Destroyer.jpg
400 KB, 2146x1781
>>44096596
>>
>>44096596
>> Take us into orbit, I don’t want to land just yet.
>>

“Take us into orbit, R5. And tell Vikker if he can contact anybody he knows down there on the surface. A safe place to stay may be prime real estate.” You stand up and gulp up the last of your blue milk. You pat Kuvasz on the back. “Thanks for the story, gramps.”

“I got plenty more in me,” he says. “You just sit and listen like the good son you are, son.” You roll your eyes, stepping out of the galley.

-

-

After you exited hyperspace, you, Vikker, and R5 sat in the cockpit staring at the lifeless brown wonder of Tatooine. “Farthest place from the bright center of the galaxy you can find,” says Vikker. The Lion’s Share is set on orbit around it, at least until you figure out what’s happened with Mos Eisley and Anchorhead. Those two towns are your usual spots to hideout and escape the heat for a while.

“Got anybody you know on Tatooine, can let us know what’s going on?” you ask.

Vikker nods. “Yeah.” He taps into the communications console. “Gimme a minute.” After a minute of fiddling, an Ithorian wearing goggles over his hammerhead eyes and a heavy suit meant for welding shows up. “Jogi, it’s me, Vikker.”

The Ithorian scratches at his translator collar. “I can’t see you, Vik.”

“Secrecy is of the upmost importance,” says Vikker. “I’m in orbit around Tatooine but I’m told Mos Eisley and Anchorhead are no-go places. Is something wrong?”

Jogi grunts, rubbing at the back of his head. “Very wrong. I myself was busy getting my things out of my house, heading to Mos Eisley. A band of Mandalorian pirates swooped in and are terrorizing the place. Anybody who’s anybody is banding together to gather at the bigger cities like Mos Eisley and pay Jabba for protection.”

[1/2]
>>
>>44097224
[2/2]

“Mandalorian pirates?” you ask. “Did they say who they were?”

“Who is that?” asks Jogi. “Do you have a friend, Vik?”

Vikker sighs, a little in frustration, looking at you. You shrug, looking ahead. “Just my pilot. Look, are these pirates around? Are they groundside, are they in orbit or what?”

“They’re everywhere,” says Jogi. “They got a big destroyer ship in orbit, an old Recusant backed up by smaller frigates. And down here, they’re tearing the entire desert apart. Nothing’s safe from these bastards! And all Jabba is doing is extorting us for cash for protection while this is going down!” You blink, standing up out of your chair and continuing to stare ahead. That does not look good. “I’ve said too much, those crazies are probably listening, I have to get out of here!”

“Jogi, wait-“ The transmission cuts off. “Damn!” Vikker thumps his fist into the console. “He was a good forger too, he would’ve gotten us the papers to-“ He looks at you. “What?”

You point ahead. “Is that the ship he’s talking about?” You and Vikker stare at the ship coming around over the horizon. He’s right, it’s a big old Recusant from the Clone Wars, backed up by what appear to be old Clone Wars-era frigates and corvettes like the Arquitens or the Pelta and even a CR90. And quite a large screen of fighters too. Your sensors are already pinging with dozens of contacts. ARC-170s and V-Wings backed up by Vulture droids too.

These are some stupidly well-equipped pirates.

> Sit down and make a break for the surface.
> Get to the hangar and to your fighter.
> Sit down and make a break for hyperspace.
> Other
>>
>>44097246
> Other
"do you know any other forgers? preferably not on Tatooine ?"

if yes

if no
>>
>>44097246
>Sit down and make a break for hyperspace.
That's a whole big bowl of NOPE.
>>
>>44097246
>Sit down and make a break for the surface.
We're an ace pilot, but we're only one fighter. We need to get to ground before they shoot us out of the sky.
>>
>>44097246
>Sit down and make a break for hyperspace.
consult Kuvasz, maybe he knows what's up.
we can always warp back again if we have a good reason
>>
>>44097246
>> Sit down and make a break for hyperspace.
Better to just wait this out.
>>
>>44097246

Guess we're heading to coruscant...
>>
>>44097246
>Sit down and make a break for hyperspace
There's too much heat here; we need somewhere else to get forge papers. Maybe Hutt space?
>>
File: 1449365736976.webm (1 MB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
1449365736976.webm
1 MB, 500x312
>>44097246
>> Sit down and make a break for the surface.

Blockade running in a flying pancake with meh shields, meh armor, and a meh armament against a couple squadrons of fighters and a small flotilla of destroyers and corvettes?

Sounds like a vein of madness right up our alley!
>>
>>44097350
We can't. Remember we need to forge ID's and stuff for our ship or we will be caught right away. Also tatoonie is hut space.
>>
>>44097350
changing my vote to:

>>
>>44097246
>> Sit down and make a break for hyperspace.
Nar shadda is good this time of year. And should have a ton of Forgers.
>>
>>44097747
>Nar shadda
>good

Good joke anon.
>>
>>44097246

>>
>>44097776
Better then Tatooine where there are apparently a ton of Mandolarian pirates.
>>
File: Winchester.jpg (12 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
Winchester.jpg
12 KB, 210x240
>>44097246
Lets not.
>>
>>44097842
The thing about Tatooine is that it's supposed to exist in the asshole of the galaxy; no one is supposed to care about it because there's nothing there. The only thing notable about Tatooine are deserts, a pod race circuit and being the home planet of both Skywalkers.
>>
>>44097246
Have we gone over our ship for bugs and tracking devices yet?
>>
>>44098004
The only real rat on the ship was Lev, and he's currently being dealt with.
>>
Isn't the reason their here is because of the Darksaber?
>>
>>44097972
and jabba's palace
>>
>>44098013
Probably, yes.
>>
>>44098013
Most likely
>>
>>44098012
He may have placed some on the ship.
>>44098013
It's kind of pointless to go after that if we get shot down first.
>>
>>44098025
We were here after that and to find someone to forge us some Identifications and regestrations for our ship.
>>
>>44098025
>>44098026
Isn't that a bad thing?

I mean we have to get that thing eventually.
>>
>>44098060
Not really. We have enough money to not need the reward money for the darksaber.
>>
>>44098060

We don't necessarily *have* to get it, but it'd be a nice thing to get it while it's fresh in everybody's memory.
>>

“Forget this, turn us around. R5, coordinate random jump,” you call. You check the sensors again. ARC-170s are pretty slow, slow enough to get eaten up by tri-droids during the Clone Wars at least. But they make up for it by having hyperdrives. You let them get close, and they’ll chase you wherever you go. Better to make an uncoordinated random jump into nowhere than to be pursued by those fighters to the ends of the galaxy.

“Yes, sir,” says R5. “I don’t suppose Vikker knows any better forgers anywhere else does he?”

Vikker groans. “Well, Jogi was cheap mostly.”

“We does,” says R5.

“Well, I like cheap!” yells Vikker. The Lion’s Share points upwards. Before the fighters close in and grab your tail, you’re going to skirt above Tatooine and hopefully end up somewhere where you can consolidate your plans.

“Hyperdrive charged,” says R5.

“Punch it!”

Your ship flees into hyperspace, before they can even come into communications range.

-

-

“So Tatooine is a no go?” asks Misri. All of you stand around in the Machine Shop where you address everyone about the current situation. “Wh-… where do we go then? We can’t go back to Coruscant with our load, the Empire will pick us up before we even realize it! Any Imperial World will turn us over until we can figure out how to get the ship under the radar!” Kuvasz crosses his arms, quietly listening to the conversation.

“The only safe place for us now is Hutt Space, and even that isn’t guaranteed because the Rebellion festers in Hutt Space,” says Vikker. “They recruit a lot of their best saboteurs and infiltrators off of Nar Shaddaa and Teth. Outer Rim is a risky too because Mister Personality here has a bounty on his head that’s sure to get bigger the longer we run from the Empire.”

“So we’re stuck,” says Misri.

[1/2]
>>
>>44098090
[2/2]

You sigh. “A little bit.” You don’t want to admit to Misri that the aurodium you gathered from the Bailiff is functionally worthless until you put it into credits. All that time searching and hunting for it cannot be wasted, not now, not after what Lotte did to you. “We still have some friends though.”

“Who?” asks Vikker. “The Furies? They’re just as crazy as those pirates back there. Tyber Zann can’t help us, nobody has ever even seen him and lived to tell the tale. Jabba is clearly using the situation on Tatooine to his advantage! Rhys, we are genuinely stuck, we’re in the middle of nowhere surrounded on all sides by enemies that are growing bigger and bigger!” You feel a vein twitch at your head, scowling at Vikker. “You might not like it, but that’s the truth, boy.”

You sigh, balling your hands into fists and gently resting your head against a wall. You look down next to you see a still deactivated Lev. Damn droid. You look over at Kuvasz. “And what about you, gramps? Got nothing to say?”

He shrugs. “Way you describe it, those are the Crusaders. I recognize the description of that Recusant, it used to be a ship within the Fleet.” He stands up off the wall, walking into the center of the room. “We have to go back.”

“What?” Misri cocks her head. “Uncle Kuvasz, we can’t go back. Why should we, Tatooine is nothing but a big rock anyway.”

“A big rock with innocent people suffering under the rule of pirates. At least Jabba leaves the local people alone unless they gamble themselves into his pocket, but by God, the Crusaders are probably terrorizing the local moisture farmers and spacers huddled down there,” says Kuvasz. “We have to do something.”

You’re about to give him a stern talking. “Kuvasz-“

“If you won’t go, I will. I’ll take Lev as my co-pilot,” he says quietly.

> “No. I’ll go.”
> “Kuvasz, it’s nice that you want to help those people. But your place is here, and as far away from Tatooine as possible.”
> “Then go. Good luck.”
> Other
>>
Anons you're forgeting something. The dark saber was asked by ojou-sama for us to find do you really want to fail with the hot mando chicks?
>>
>>44098114
> “No. I’ll go.”
>>
>>44098114
>> “No. I’ll go."
>>
>>44098114
>> “No. I’ll go.”

Fuck, we had to find the one mando with a conscience
>>
>>44098114
> “Then go. Good luck.”
"I'm not jumping down the throat of an army. Not without one backing me up."
>>
I just remembered we can take out Recusant's. We have done it before.
>>
>>44098114
> “No. I’ll go.”
>>
>>44098170
We haven't.
>>
>>44098114
>> “No. I’ll go.”
>>44098117
I honestly don't care.

And fucking goddamit, We leave and we come back. Make up your damn minds!
>>
>>44098162
What we need to do is take out that capitol ship. The rest should be easy pickens after that.

>>44098186
Um yes we have. We took one out when we ran into rebels after we first got our new ship and starfighter.
>>44098200
I care. I like Ojou mando. Plus who knows. They might share.
>>
File: 1448914854501.png (181 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448914854501.png
181 KB, 500x500
>>44098114
>> Other

We both go--Kuvasz and ourselves. A couple starfighters should have an easier time getting past a blockade than a freighter, right?

Or fuck it--all hands on deck. Our dinky little group of two starfighters and a freighter attempts to punch through the blockade at a weak point and heads planetside soon after punching through.
>>
>>44098114
>“No. I’ll go.”

>>44098200
We're making up our mind the more we realize we're out of options.
>>
>>44098114
>Other
So you want to just jump into a system filled with ships in this thing? How does your death help the citizens of Tatooine? If you want to help them use some of that Aurodium you have to hire some mercenaries and attack with them.
>>
>>44098221
That was a Nebulon B.
>>
>>44098186
Well it was a Nebuleon B

So whats the plan guys?

Have the H-Wing, Sparks and Us make a path for the Bartoz to launch a shit ton of missiles at their capital ship?
>>
>>44098243
Hm. So it was. Odds are our guy knows the weakpoints on that ships class.
>>
>>44098221

Corvettes and fighter screens are nothing to sneeze at. The destroyer is bad enough, but those smaller ships, if we're not careful, will rip apart our craft with just sheer numbers.
>>
>>44098221
Sharing in a German Story. Hah good luck.
>>
>>44098259
Considering the skill of our pc is good enough that he can join a mandolarian clan with it alone I'm pretty sure we can.
>>
>>44098222
And then they bombard us from orbit.

>>44098248
And then the the support frigates tear us apart. This isn't just a smattering of ships. It's a whole fleet. Hundreds of contacts.
>>
>>44098296
yeah no.
>>
File: 1449445178292.png (248 KB, 900x563) Image search: [Google]
1449445178292.png
248 KB, 900x563
>>44098248

That H-Wing is the heaviest fighter we've got. The question is if Kuvasz has got any proton torpedoes for that thing--if he does, we might be able to do something stupidly brave against the capital ship; if not, it probably be better for us to run all three ships as escorts ahead of the Barloz to break through that blockade.
>>
>>44098240
What if...we hired Jabba's help for it?
>>
>>44098332
There's no point in breaking the blockade. The pirates are ruling over hte planet.
>>
>>44098332
And then what? Land on the planet with an army of Mandos waiting for us and a capital ship ready to bombard us from orbit? Smart.
>>
>>44098356
Yeah this isn't a blockade it's an occupation force and this one doesn't seem to have any obvious massive weak points.
>>
>>44098388
That big capitol ship is a massive weak point. Not going to be as easy to do stuff like bombard the planet.
>>
>>44098332
We do have Photon Torpedos. I think it was 6 per tube (Need to check the pastebin)
>>
>>44098406
With out it I mean.
>>
File: 1449299418300.png (89 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1449299418300.png
89 KB, 250x251
>>44098356
>>44098382

And where exactly would we go otherwise? We have no friends, valuable cargo, and a price on our head that's only getting fatter. There's no guarantee the Rebellion will welcome us, let alone the Hutts or the Black Sun or the Zann Consortium, and going Free Agent or joining with a Mandalorian clan isn't feasible in the slightest let alone suicidal with our aforementioned precious cargo and bounty.
>>
>>44098406
your "weakpoint" is a warship with shielding and armor thick enough to shrug off any attacks we could throw at it defendedd by hundreds of fighters and tens of corvettes.
while we're in a freighter with civilian grade shields.
>>
>>44098406
So your plan is to kamikaze a frigate that's built around engaging cruisers and winning. Let's assume we manage to take it down. Congrats, you are surrounded by a fleet of support frigates.

Your plan is going to get us gibbed.
>>
>>44098456
Actually improved shields.
>>
>>44098455
an uncertain death in the future is preferable to a certain one right now.
>>
>>44098461
I was thinking we take it down in our starfighter. It's not as if crazier stuff hasn't been pulled off before.
>>
>>44098455
Tatooine is Hutt space.

You can't argue against Nar Shadaa being Hutt space without arguing against Tatooine.

I say we go to Nar Shadaa.
>>
>>44098479
>It's not as if crazier stuff hasn't been pulled off before.
Name one time.
>>
>>44098479
I can't think of any situation in lore where a single starfighter ALONE was able to take out a literal battle fleet.
>>
>>44098479
That damn thing has just slightly less point-defence than the whole fleet combined. That's suicide.
>>
>>44098461
Not supporting that Anon's plan but a lot of this stuff is old Clone War Surplus. Our stuff is much more advance.
>>
>>44098114
> “No. I’ll go.”
>>
>>44098603
What more advanced tech, the most advanced thing we have is either the H-Wing or our R-22, which I think is around the time of the clone war as well.
>>
>>44098603
Clone Wars stuff is actually better than Galactic War stuff. Clone War stuff is over-engineered. Galactic War stuff is shit pressed into service for far too long. That's the whole point.
>>
>>44098603
a musket is still going to kill a man. and our newest tech is at best a decade or two more advanced.
>>
>>44098660
This. We may have a revolver but against 1k muskets we're fucked.
>>
>>44098240
seconding diplomacy roll.
>>
> “No. I’ll go.”

You cross your arms. “No. You won’t need Lev, I’ll come with you. We all will.”

“You can’t be serious.” Vikker steps up to the two of you. “Kuvasz, I know you are a very considerate person and these people are suffering, but we need to think about ourselves first! How are we going to break a blockade that size with just a freighter and three Starfighters?”

You scratch your chin, and then think on it a little. They used to teach these hopeless scenarios back at Flight School, to encourage the thinking that TIE Pilots were expendable but at the same time the most Elite the Imperial Navy had to offer. Brings you back to the Coruscant run too, the only simulator there touted to be impossible to complete, and of course you did complete it. But unfortunately you were flogged for cheating, which you might have done.

“How do we break the blockade, Rhys?” asks Misri.

“Well, we’ll have to figure it out when we get there.” Vikker glares at you as you hurry on towards the cockpit.

-

-

You pull on your helmet and tighten your oxygen mask on over your face. “Kuvasz, Vikker, you two with me?” you call over the comm-link. You sit comfortably in your R-22 Spearhead, then mentally count off your concussion missiles. Four on the Spearhead, twenty on the Barloz itself, plus those six proton torpedoes on the H-Wing. You might have enough firepower to cripple the Recusant, but… everything else is going to be a problem.

“The H-Wing is ready to deploy,” says Vikker. “We’ll follow your lead, I guess.”

[1/2]
>>
>>44098690
>No I'll go

Omfg we're dead.
>>
>>44098690
[2/2]

You seal the cockpit, then shrug your shoulders and grab the controls. “R5, hit it.” The hangar bay sends you and Sparks dropping into space. Sparks screeches, following you after you as you take point. The H-Wing detaches from the top of the ship, taking rear guard behind. “Okay...” You squint, then see the Fleet right in front of you. Your sensors are already picking up a screen of fighters heading your way. Ten ARC-170s, five V-Wings, and ten Vulture droids. Twenty-five fighters in total. Eight corvettes that you can see at least are escorting that Recusant.

Okay, think, think, what did Flight School teach you about this kind of scenario? You can’t exactly pull a Marg Sabl with a freighter.

> Blast right through the fighter screen and make a hole for the ships to escape.
> Pull away the fighter screen, at least the vast majority of them, so create an opening. The improved shielding on the Barloz should give it more survivability crossing through.
> Go for all out destruction with a flurry of concussion missiles. Hopefully in the confusion, zoom on through.
> Other
>>
>>44098708
>> Go for all out destruction with a flurry of concussion missiles. Hopefully in the confusion, zoom on through.
>>
>>44098708
> Pull away the fighter screen, at least the vast majority of them, so create an opening. The improved shielding on the Barloz should give it more survivability crossing through.
>>
We could just bluff them that we went back to get Empire reinforcements. I'm pretty sure that not everyone knows we cut ties with the Empire yet.
Maybe the pirates don't know either.
>>
Hm. We do enough damage people down on the planet might come up and help.>>44098708
>> Pull away the fighter screen, at least the vast majority of them, so create an opening. The improved shielding on the Barloz should give it more survivability crossing through.
>>
File: 1449027531567.png (1 MB, 971x546) Image search: [Google]
1449027531567.png
1 MB, 971x546
>>44098708
>> Pull away the fighter screen, at least the vast majority of them, so create an opening. The improved shielding on the Barloz should give it more survivability crossing through.

Our main objective here is harassment--draw those fighters off the Barloz and the H-wing until they make their runs against the cruiser.
>>
I'm not even gonna vote, unless german asspulls us out of here alive we're dead, and he shouldnt because this was a retarded idea.

See you at the other side anons ;_;
>>
>>44098708
>>
>>44098708
>>
>>44098708
>Other
Don't.
Seriously this is fucking suicide and will only succeed because of plot convenience.
>>
Yeah. Washing my hands of this. Have fun dying.
>>
>>44098785
We cant retcon it anon, it sounds retarded going in and out of orbit 20 times.
>>
>>44098708
>>
>>44098797
Better to be indecisive than dead or live by the grace of god/QM.
>>
>>44098824
It's not indecisive, it's just outright bipolar. The vote went through and we just got ourselves fucked. We have to let it go anon.
>>
I'm pretty sure the GM wouldn't throw something at us we can't beat.
>>
>>44098841
I know...
I'm just not the heroic "die for my ideals" type.
>>
>>44098795
Yea, I quite agree, we've pulled some fucking ridiculous stunts in this quest and perhaps its coming back to bite us.

Lets go attack a fleet with one fighter.

God damn, lets hope these mandalorians are worse shots then drunk stormtroopers with their helmets filled with oil
>>
>>44098842
that's the worst possible reason to vote for something. Like holy hell do you intentionally abuse meta knowledge or are you just stupid.
>>
>>44098877
I know anon, I know... But at least we upheld comraderie and loyalty until our very end, which is pretty cool.
>>
>>44098842
There's not brute-forcing your way out of everything anon. The GM might propose to you challenges you cant face head-on and you rather have to go around. Only bad GM is the one that doesnt hint at us "going against this is suicide" but I think he has spelled it out for us.
>>
>>44098708
>Pull away the fighter screen, at least the vast majority of them, so create an opening. The improved shielding on the Barloz should give it more survivability crossing through.
>>
But wouldn't drawing away the fighter screen a good thing?

Between us and Sparks who are built for speed. It will be hard for the fighter screen to pick us off without accidentally hitting once of their own.
>>
>>44098893
Sad thing is they're mandos and not stormtroopers.

RIP in pieces ;_;>
>>
Mandolorians are overrated
>>
>>44099081
sparks is 1 vulture droid, there are 10 more of them coming.

Also if they are halfway competent a few (say half) are going to stay back and if we try any kind of maneuver (if, big if, we survive the first volley) they swoop in and pick us off.

gg wp
>>
>>44099081
That's the point. We're not looking to destroy the blockade, at least not now. Running the blockade means pulling a hole open for the Barloz and following in after them.
>>
>>44098893
If they were stormtroopers we could slightly strafe to the left to avoid their shots. I dont have anything against mando's strategies.
>>
>>44099129
Like ur mum m8
>>
File: 1354681718884.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1354681718884.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>>44099180
Now that's just cold-hearted.
>>
>>44099202
I-I'm sorry... It's the pre-battle adrenaline.
>>
>>44099133
Equipped with TIE Fighter engine in which will improve maneuverability and speed. The Vulture droids are limited due to their limited fuel tanks.

Not to mention Our Re-22 has increased speed and maneuverability as well.

Besides we're in this to buy time for the Bartoz to punch a hole.
>>
>>44099223
So that we can be blown up in atmosphere. Great plan and requires only complete retardation from the enemy.
>>

“Sparks.” Sparks chitters, ready to receive commands. “Take my left. Kuvasz, Vikker, you two are going to escort the ship through when I say to. I’m going to pull as many fighter as you can away so you all can get through.”

“Got it!” says Kuvasz. “Good luck to you, Rhys!”

You grip the controls tight. It’s now occurring to you that maybe this wasn’t the best decision you ever made. Hell, what Kuvasz told you normally really wouldn’t have made you care. Innocent people on Tatooine? The only people who live on Tatooine are gangsters and people too stupid to move off world. You growl a little, squinting at the incoming screen of fighters. Right, sometimes the right thing to do though isn’t always the smart thing to do. You’re getting on Tatooine one way or another.

Right, time to test out that sensor jammer, but not now. You have to get closer.

R5 contacts you. “Sir, we’re picking up their communications, but it’s all in Mando’a.”

“Don’t bother,” you say. “Let’s do this.” You fire off a few testing shots into their formation. They split, weaving around the easily predictable shots. You and Sparks break off left. With a quick check of your sensors, you see that all the ARC-170s and the V-Wings are pursuing you! Well, that’s good you guess. That just means the Vultures are after the Lion’s Share and the H-Wing. “Heads up,” you say.

“Got it,” says Kuvasz. “Misri, you’re gonna go in a straight line, follow us. R5, you know what to do.”

“With pleasure, taking weapon controls,” he calls out.

“This better be worth it!” yells Misri. “Remind me again why we’re flying THROUGH their formation rather than around it?”

[1/3]
>>
>>44099267
[2/3]

“It’s a surrounding defense,” you say. “If you fly through them, they’ll risk friendly fire on their own ships. They won’t fire as often as they would alone but in a formation they have to pick their shots carefully to avoid hitting their own.”

“Oh, great,” says Misri. “Accurate shots versus lots of shots.”

A green bolt flies over your cockpit. Your computer beeps as it detects you’ve been locked on. You wheel your ship upwards, then roll around and give them a quick flurry of laser cannon blasts. Before they can react, you snipe a 170 in your path, and you and Sparks quickly escape through the cloud of dust and debris. The Mando fighters quickly split into two distinct wings, the V-Wings and the 170s as they fly on your left and right respectively. You take another look at the blockade, and see the Corvettes and the Recusant turbolasers firing on the Lion’s Share and the H-Wing.

And as you expected, they aren’t firing as fast as they should be. Any shots they miss might hit one of their own. “We’re halfway through,” says Kuvasz. “Those Vultures are still on us.” The ten Vultures stab and prod at the Lion’s Share, trying to take down the shields.

[2/3]
>>
>>44099223
Assuming they have not done similar modifications (and who wouldnt, given half a chance?)

Assuming that the entire fighter compliment follows us, and no other wings are available to intercept the Barloz

Assuming the frigates wont destroy the Barloz before it arrives

Assuming the Barloz will be able to pop the destroyer before it destroys the Barloz

Assuming we and the Barloz both manages to get out.

Assuming all that its gonna go fucking great.
>>
>>44099278
[3/3]

“All non-essential power is going into the shields, it’s actually holding fine.” A quick spark of static interrupts her. “Nevermind, we’re at 75% shield integrity.”

A barrage of lasers flies across your view. Slight twitches and rolls are enough to dodge them, but the closer they get, the more accurate their fire is going to get too.

Suddenly your sensors ping. You gasp, then quickly spin left. A missile flies between you and Sparks. It explodes harmlessly as you fly through. Damn, that was close! You didn’t even look at your sensors for that! But speaking of sensors, it’s time to activate yours. The computer twitches and sparks curiously, but the craft still works at least. And now the fighters behind you simply give chase rather than fire. Their weapons can’t track or lock onto you for about…

A minute. What do you do in a minute?

> Eliminate as many fighters as possible.
> Catch up with the Lion’s Share
> Continue to lead the fighters away
> Other
>>
>>44099256
What are you talking about though?

Again, it's risky but it has been done before in WW2. Having a few numbers of fighters is an advantage to us since they will be more worried about shooting one of their own.

Besides attacking will throw them off their game and confuse them.
>>
>>44099299
>>
>>44099299
>Catch up with the Lion’s Share
Take out any stragglers that get between us and the freighter, but we need to make it into the hole we just created.
>>
>>44099299

Time to even the odds a bit
>>
Did Sparks and our Bartoz's Quad Laser and Single Laser cannon take any enemies down?

Also what type of Corvettes are they using?
>>
>>44099299
>> Catch up with the Lion’s Share

Don't overextend your reach! We've gotta slip through with our freighter or we're gonna get overwhelmed by the fighter screen.
>>
>>44099303
This is what fighter screens are for. They can fire at targets without worrying about friendly fire since their weaponry doesn't penetrate shields.
Also did they really just send ALL of their fighters after our two starfighters?
>>
>>44099406
All except the Vultures, but yes.
>>
>>44099406
They didn't only the Arc-170s and the V-Wings.

15 (now 14) Fighters against 2. I think anymore will only be harder for them to pick us out.

The 10 Vultures are attacking the Bartoz but the H-wing and our frieghter's defensive armament should be dealing with that.
>>
>>44099430
Never mind then we can easily outsmart these guys and take out their entire fleet because HOW FUCKING STUPID IS THAT FLEET COMMANDER?
>>
>>44099392
1. Sparks is still drawing his own set of enemies away, and has not received a kill just yet.

2. Lion's Share is warding away the Vultures successfully but hasn't shot anything down yet.

3. Eight Corvettes and small frigates including:

1x Pelta-class Frigate
1x CR-90 Corvette
2x Tartan Cruiser
4x Vigil-class Corvette

>>44099406
They only sent more than half. The Vultures are going after the Lion's Share.
>>
>>44099458
I will say the shields are holding up very well. One thing you can always count on is fat bastards being tough to pull down.
>>
>>44099299
>> Eliminate as many fighters as possible.
>Take out the Vultures.
>>
>>44099392

Besides the CR90 Blockade Runners they've also got some Arquitens-class light cruisers. The Arquitens are nasty--quad laser turrets, turbolasers, and rockets. Pelta-class frigates have got a turbolaser armament, too.
>>
>>44099473
More stupid then a battle droid that just finished a gungan lecture on grammar
>>
>>44099473
All the MANNED fighters went after us. The Vultures are droids and are still on the Barloz.
>>
>>44099489
What about the H-wing. It has a turret gun, is that also warding away attacks?
>>
>>44099497
>>44099489
The Arquitens are actually conspicuously absent at the moment.

>>44099516
Yes.
>>
Can't wait to hear Misri exclaim "We're stuck in their Tractor Beams!" because there's no way 4 255 meter long ships aren't able to keep our freighter in place.
>>
>>44099603
We have to get in-between them then since if their not careful they might use the tractor beam on each other.
>>
>>44099603
>>44099663

Just. Eject an armed concussion missile without the engines burning.

That'll be enough to fuck up their tractor beams completely.
>>
>>44099682
Is concussion missile a new meme that I'm not aware of?

>Oh no the turkey is burned!
>Dont worry, I brought my concussion missiles.
>>
>>44099724
I dont think so, but that does sound quite funny
>>
>>44099724
I don't think so
I assume he means that the they're not going to want to tractor a concussion missile into themselves.
>>
>>44099724

Are you actually a star wars fan.
>>
>>44099760
I know jarjar, does that count?
>>
>>44099755

It has been done before. But in the future.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mitth'raw'nuruodo

>However, after the Chimaera locked a tractor beam on the starfighter, Skywalker acted quickly to reverse-trigger his acceleration compensator, bringing the ship to a stop, and simultaneously fire a proton torpedo which was instead snared by the tractor beam. Skywalker was able to escape as the tractor beam pulled the torpedo towards it, causing minor damage to the Chimaera.
>>
>>44099682
aren't tractor beams capable of holding something in place rather than pull them?
>>

Right. Time to show these so-called ‘Crusaders’ what the Flight School produces. You fix your sensors up as you take an upward dive into space, then pull yourself down. It appears in the confusion of their sensors being scrambled, they’ve lost some semblance of battle formation or even covering each other. “Sparks, take the left.” Sparks shrieks, diving down past you with the roar of his new Twin Ion Engines. He fires his many laser cannons wildly, causing the muddled group of fighters to scatter. Sparks even racks up his first kill, a V-Wing that was too slow to realize what was going on. You yourself fire again, blasting another V-Wing and a 170 that made the mistake of flying perpendicular to your angle of attack.

Sparks calls out in distress. You look to your left to see a pair of 170s have picked up his tail. A bolt sparks right off his wing, and he shrieks. “Help her, damn it!” yells Misri.

“Sparks, beam defense position,” you call. “Strafe right!” Sparks screams right past you as you take a leisurely turn left. Another 170 lost without his sensors flies past you, too fast for you to react, damn it. The 170s fly behind you still pursuing Sparks. “Now strafe left!” you call. Sparks spins around and flies left, past you. You drive right, and see the 170s coming into intersect. Perfect. You fire again, one bolt smashes the cockpit of a 170, sending the fighter careening into space. Another smashes apart a wing, causing the hull to burst into flames and sending that too out into space. “Good work!” Sparks cheers in his droidspeak.

Okay, mental count. Two V-Wings dead. Four 170s dead. That leaves three V-Wings and six- One flies right past you, and you quickly blast it. Okay, five 170s dead. That leaves eight Starfighters remaining.

Hey, you think you made ace-in-a-day again. “Ha!” you laugh to yourself, grinning beneath your mask.

[1/2]
>>
>>44099825
[2/2]

Suddenly, you receive a blow to your left thruster. You spiral out in reaction, then quickly right yourself. “Sparks!” you yell. Sparks wheels backward from pursuing a fleeing V-Wing and comes to help you. Seems like one of the 170s picked up your tail. The sensor jammer must have worn off! You need to get Misri to down that cooldown time. You check the damage, nothing too bad but the left thruster is only operation at 50% capacity now. You quickly dampen the power on the other thruster, to keep you from spinning out of control. Control is better than speed now.

Sparks fires, blasting the engines of the 170 apart and sending it flying out into space alone. As Sparks flies next to you, you see a few scorchmarks across the face of his hull and his wings. He must have taken a few shots back there.

“We’re through the blockade!” yells Misri. “We’re heading planetside now!”

You sigh in relief, thank goodness.

“We’re coming to help!” yells Kuvasz.

> “No, get clear, we’ll meet you down there!”
> “Glad to have you with me, I need help with these fighters!”
> “Just keep a hole open for me, we’re going in!”
> Other
>>
>>44099846
>> “No, get clear, we’ll meet you down there!”
>>
>>44099846
>>
>>44099846
>“Just keep a hole open for me, we’re going in!”
>>
>>44099846
>> “No, get clear, we’ll meet you down there!”

Can't afford to draw these guys back with us--let's lose them first, then we'll link back up later.
>>
>>44099846
>> Other
We'll keep the fighters busy, go drop a few proton torps on that cruiser.
>>
>>44099846
>"Just keep a hole open for me, we’re going in!”
We can use this line in the bedroom too
>>
>>44099846
So the enemy right now are
3 V-Wings
4 ARC-170s
10 Vulture Droids

>>
>>44099846
>> “Glad to have you with me, I need help with these fighters
>>
Kind of surprised Misri didn't you the Concussion Missile rack to blow apart a frigate while getting through a blockade.
>>
>>44100166
Even if every single concussion missile we had was fired and hit the frigate it wouldn't even pierce the shielding.
>>
>>44100231
Would it? I mean 20 Concussion Missiles and 12 Photon Torpedos are nothing to sneeze that.
>>
File: SadPalpatine.jpg (90 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
SadPalpatine.jpg
90 KB, 1024x768
>>44100231
W-what? Arent concussion missiles the ultimate solution?
>>

“Get me and Sparks a hole to work with, we’ve got fighters on us and I have a busted engine!” You look back to see your thruster trailing smoke, not the best sign in the world.

Kuvasz says, “Roger! Hey, Vikker, wake up!”

“What, we’re not dead!?” Vikker yells.

“You see that Vigil maneuvering in? Give it a spread of proton torpedoes!”

“Alright!” The H-Wing zooms in and fires a pair of proton torpedoes right at a corvette, possibly attempting to maneuver into the center of the formation to block up the hole the Lion’s Share made. They explode against the bridge and the sensor tower, sending it careening out of control. “Fighters incoming! The Vultures circled around!” yells Vikker. Their H-Wing is suddenly accosted by the Vultures, one of which is disabled by the ion cannons of the H-Wing. It flies into the side of the Pelta. “You’ve got your window, let’s go!”

You look back to see the other fighters regrouping to pursue. This had better work, Kuvasz, damn you and your conscience! You and Sparks zoom into the formation. All around you now are red, green, and blue laser bolts of all sizes and shapes flying past you and Sparks. Sparks screams as he zooms past you and Kuvasz and towards the planet proper. “Sparks is clear!” says Kuvasz. They fire another spread of torpedoes, right at another Vigil-class Corvette’s engines. The engines spark and burst into flame, damaged and certainly bringing that Corvette out of the fight. “Go, go now!”

“Alright!” you call. Suddenly a laser blast shoots right through and blasts a hole into your left wing. “Ah! Sonunva-“

“You got a hole in your left wing!” yells Kuvasz. You look back again to see the fighters again closing in faster, now backed up by the Vultures. They’re smelling blood, your blood. But you still got energy to make it planetside.

> Split up and try and draw those fighters away from the H-Wing.
> Keep together, there’s strength in numbers.
> Other
>>
>>44100287
>>44100300
yeah if we somehow got all those missiles through the shield we might severely damage the frigate but shooting them at the shield might almost drop them but they'd hold.
>>
>>44100371
>> Keep together, there’s strength in numbers.
>>
>>44100371
> Split up and try and draw those fighters away from the H-Wing.
>>
>>44100371
>Keep together, there’s strength in numbers.
>>
>>44100371
>Keep together, there’s strength in numbers.
>>
>>44100371
>> Keep together, there’s strength in numbers.

Hopefully that H-wing turret gunner can support us until we reached planet side.

3 V-Wings
4 ARC-170s
9 Vulture Droids

Damn 16 Star Fighters that is still a lot of them.
>>
>>44100466

still we've fucked a good number of them, and that corvette is also quite fucked.
>>
I wonder if the mandos are here for the darksaber.
>>
>>44100720
Probably why there here
>>
>>44100743

Well, they're not getting it.
>>
>>44100371
Hey German, Obs here.
I just wanted to tell you that my computer has been completely on the fritz lately, and it looks like AT-TE Commander Quest will be put on hold for a while longer.

Anyway, write away!
>>
> Keep together, there’s strength in numbers after all.

You check over the damage. Entire power capacitor is gone, concussion missiles thankfully have not gone off otherwise that would’ve been game over. This R-22 has seen much better days right now and you still have sixteen fighters pursuing you. “Kuvasz, stay on me. I need you to escort me down!”

“Got it! Pull in front of us, we’ll block their shots!” You slide the R-22 in front of the H-Wing, careful not to let your trailing smoke blind Kuvasz and Vikker behind you. Atmospheric re-entry is easy enough, but doing it with all these fighters shooting and screaming behind you is another. Still, you made it through the blockade at least. And it seems like the big ships have given up, leaving only the Starfighters for pursuing you. One of the ARC-170s fires a shot right at the H-Wing, scorching the top armor. “We’re hit but not bad! Vikker, switch over and see what you can do about that!”

“Agh! Why am I even here!?” he yells as he struggles to get into the back to fix the damage manually.

The dark backdrop of stars and nebulas is replaced by blue skies and twin suns as you descend further into the atmosphere. The R-22 shakes very loudly and uncomfortably as it takes on the new challenges of friction and inertia in an atmospheric body. You’d be comfortable with it if you were at full speed and didn’t have a damn hole in your wing, but you can’t afford to complain right now. “Where’s the ship?” you ask.

[1/2]
>>
File: Tatooine_stoneneedle.jpg (576 KB, 1050x675) Image search: [Google]
Tatooine_stoneneedle.jpg
576 KB, 1050x675
>>44100942
[2/2]

“Hidden, in that canyon!” yells Kuvasz. You look over to see a large canyon splitting the desert. Ah, that’s convenient. You zoom right into the canyon, the H-Wing following behind you. The droid Starfighters immediately break off, apparently not wanting to risk it like the human Starfighters do. But in that risk, one of the 170s errantly crashes into the side of a cliff. And in that, the rest of the 170s break off entirely. That just left the V-Wings. “Split up, there’s a fork in the canyon just up ahead!”

“Got it,” you call. You wrestle your R-22 right, pulling a V-Wing with you. The other two pursue the H-Wing as they go left. You grit your teeth, growling in frustration as you wrestle with the increasingly hard to control craft. Every bend and turn in this canyon is making your hair stand on end, your skin burst into goosebumps, and your eyes and ears twitch in danger. One miscalculation can mean a safe landing or a fiery one.

And that V-Wing is not helping matters! It fires again, missing this time. Good, good! You check your sensors, they’re still alive at least.

And they’re detecting an obstacle up ahead. You look up to see a tall rock formation what appears to be a small hole in it.

Huh.

> Thread it, you might shake your pursuer.
> Go around, your R-22 is busted as it is, don’t risk it.
> Other
>>
>>44100959
>Thread It!

Turn off all assisting features. We're gonna thread this needle with the FORCE baby!
>>
>>44100959
>> Thread it, you might shake your pursuer.
>>
Right, ok.

So we are officially invincible.

Anyone remember that super star destroyer thing they were building at kuat?

Who is up for destroying that by riding a buzzdroid with two concussion missiles ducteiped to it?
Not like we can fail
>>
>>44100959
>> Thread it, you might shake your pursuer.
>>
>>44101170
>Destroying Darth Vader's personal Star Destroyer
But why would we want to?
>>
>>44101211
Because the empire took our retirement fund.
>>
>>44101211
Yeah we should be thinking about bombing Lotte's house.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.