[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fantasy WW1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: ww1fantasy.jpg (176 KB, 1200x666) Image search: [Google]
ww1fantasy.jpg
176 KB, 1200x666
Is there a fantasy world set roughly at an equivalent epoch as the World War 1 in Europe?

And if there isn't, would /tg/ like to create one?

We should start little by little
>>
>>44094003
I am writing a book with this sort of premise.
Most of it takes place in the Not! Holy Roman Empire.

Cool part is, WW1 had a lot of crazy tech alongside more traditional equipment.
Like early tankers with chainmail meshes and half-plate.
I would suggest focusing on geopolitics, as the tangled mess of aggrements and alliances is what started the war.
Prussia is awesome, especially in a fantasy setting, include Not! Prussia.
If you want dogfights, The Luftwafte considered themselves knights, and personalized their planes with family crests, meaningful symbols, and crazy color schemes.
>>
File: pz301.jpg (33 KB, 728x135) Image search: [Google]
pz301.jpg
33 KB, 728x135
>>44094003
Panzerfauste is a fantasy mash-up of WWI & WWII.
>>
>>44094417
> World War 1-era
> Holy Roman Empire
> World War 1-era

Napoleon called, he wants his Peace of Pressburg back.
>>
>>44094516

I once saw more miniatures like this, they were rats and birds of the third reich I believe
>>
>>44094003
I like having angry, zealous religous fanatics in things. I like the idea of someone having so much conviction and belief that they are right.
Also blimps, steam powered knights and re animated soldiers, like the stalkers from mortal engines.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrowsmith_(comics)
>>
>>44094003
I guess Valkyrie Chronicles counts as fantasy and it's certainly set at that time in not-Europe.

Not really any other fantasy races apart from human and filthy Darcsen though.
>>
>>44096326
The art book has more fantastic elements that they were considering putting in actually, like Catgirls and Dinosaur Calvary.
>>
>>44096326
>>44099438
For the map they took random Dutch and Flemish names. Keeps freaking me out. They got, like, an island the size of Great Britain named after a Frisian village.
>>
>>44094417
>I am writing a book with this sort of premise.
Well shit, I'm trying to write a book based on that premise too.

Although instead of Not!Holy Roman Empire as stand-in for Germany I have Not!Russia if it was completely conquered and ruled by the Teutonic Knights.
>>
Something interesting I've been reading actually fits into this vein. It's called Twig, written by the guy who wrote Worm.

To directly paste the summary from the main page:
"The year is 1921, and a little over a century has passed since a great mind unraveled the underpinnings of life itself. Every week, it seems, the papers announce great advances, solving the riddle of immortality, successfully reviving the dead, the cloning of living beings, or blending of two animals into one. For those on the ground, every week brings new mutterings of work taken by ‘stitched’ men of patchwork flesh that do not need to sleep, or more fearful glances as they have to step off the sidewalks to make room for great laboratory-grown beasts. Often felt but rarely voiced is the notion that events are already spiraling out of the control of the academies that teach these things."

So it's basically WWI period alternate history fiction, where someone created the Frankenstein Monster instead of inventing the airplane. If I had to define the genre, I'd say "biopunk," with the punk element mostly being present due to the protagonists being a group of children, Experiments working for the Academy by tracking down, subverting and eliminating threats to their monopoly on biomedical engineering.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.