[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you had the divine power to completely remove one race from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 250x336) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 250x336
If you had the divine power to completely remove one race from your preferred RPG, what/who would it be and why?

Ignore pic, it's unrelated
>>
I would remove OP from the real world for making stupid threads
>>
>>44088755
REMOVE KENDER

I mean if nothing else they're just a sort of gnome.
>>
>>44088774
I'm still not convinced gnomes and halflings need to be two different things.
Or gnomes and dwarves, to a lesser extent.
>>
The only good answer for this is player character duk'zarist (pure).
Just put them out of their misery man.
>>
>>44088755
Elves. This includes all subraces.
>>
>>44088755
i would remove half-races. either that or implement every other sensible mixed races.

but i would probably just remove all half-races wich i usually just ban from my games anyway, when i DM
>>
>>44088755
None, really. I mean, theres a few races Id remove from other stuff, say the Collectors from Mass Effect or something, but none from my favoured one. Thats kinda why its my favoured one, I have no significant gripes with it
>>
>>44088782
I'm fine with gnomes and halflings and dwarves. They're just elves to humans to.. goliath?
>>
>>44088792
Could I take the stats of one, but just be a particularly stocky elf/agile orc or whatever?
>>
>>44088755

Drow.
>>
Elemental-descended humans, like in pathfinder. Shortly after that, Dragonborn.

I'm a fan of Lizardfolk and Kobolds, but Dragonborn is just adding too many.
>>
>>44088835
yes. yes you could.
here's my reasoning: i just dont like the concept of a "mix-race". im not saying races cant mix, im saying that it shouldnt warrant a race of its own. more like a VERY rare occurence, wich most of the time results in some sort of miscarriage, retardation or some genetic birth defect due to genetic distance between the parents.
so if i allow someone to take a half-race character i demand a very good reason/backstory for the character, or i try to work with my player to refluff it, and just keep the statline
>>
>>44088901
Not what I would do, but that makes sense. I'd play in your games Anon.
>>
Blacks. If you're going to play that "hurr hurr same race" garbage, then I guess kobolds.
>>
>>44088979
>KKK detected
>>
>>44088971
why thank you, anon.

one thing i should probably mention is that most of the time i homebrew my settings. after multiple dealings with "that guy" who argued "its in the phb therefore i should be allowed to play it" i just decided to fuck it and go full homebrew, instead of "a slightly altered version of what's in the book".

also homebrewing settings is fun
>>
>>44088999
>the thread is literally about deleting any race you dislike
>oh no, someone picked blacks
>better single them out!
>everyone else's choice is MUCH more valid and less racist
>even though the thread is about destroying an entire race

Unless you were making a Kobold Killin' Krew joke.
>>
>>44088755
I wouldn't.
I really like all of the races in Shadowrun, even those fucking keebs.
>>
>>44089104
No, just thought it was funny. That said kobald killin krew also gave me a chuckle
>>
>>44088755
Half-things of all kind

Hybrids a shit
Convergence is the shit
>>
File: Skull cat.png (618 KB, 514x933) Image search: [Google]
Skull cat.png
618 KB, 514x933
>>44088755
>GURPS
Uh.
I remove skull cats, I guess.
>>
>>44089104
>KKK
>Kobold Killing Krew

im SO gonna steal that
>>
>>44089326
Now, is it an anti-kobold faction or a kobold adventuring team's name?
>>
Probably humans? My group is made up of a bunch of self conscious nerds who are so scared of appearing mary sue every character is a human with mundane backgrounds and goals.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 290x374) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 290x374
>>44089343
>tfw you've always wanted to DM/play a game where all of the players are the same race and/or class (all paladins/clerics or all ranger/hunter/something else) where everyone has its own different role but it's literally impossible to find players that will agree
>>
>>44089343
actually...i dunno...i have yet to think of a way to actually implement it into a game...but i will, eventually

>a bunch of orkz
>Kobold Krumpin' Krew
>>
>>44088901
So what if i want to be a retarded down syndrome half dwarf half orc?
>>
>>44089777
i would probably not invite you again, unless i was specifically asking everyone to bring lolrandumb "whacky-funtimes" characters.

wich i probably didnt because i prefer a more serious tone to my campaigns
bonus points if you can make the retarded down syndrome half dwarf half orc work in a serious setting.
then again, if i knew you and the rest of the players were good enough roleplayers to actually handle that kind of character then more power to you
>>
>>44089104
>kobold killing krew
You know just mentioning that triggers kobold traps.
>>
File: 1445970599045.png (146 KB, 422x493) Image search: [Google]
1445970599045.png
146 KB, 422x493
Humans. Fucking useless monkeys.
>>
>>44088755
Wookiees from Star Wars.
>>
File: ban the elves.jpg (27 KB, 550x281) Image search: [Google]
ban the elves.jpg
27 KB, 550x281
>>44088755
>>
Fuck, In order of preference

Halfings/Gnomes, THEY'RE THE SAME SHIT AND BOTH ARE POINTLESS. Seriously they add fucking nothing to the setting beside "quirky race that can into rogue good".
>>
Gnomes and goblins.
>>
File: angry about elves.png (27 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
angry about elves.png
27 KB, 300x100
>>44088791
>>44090497
All is right in the world
>>
>>44088755
Man from the RPG of Real Life.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.