[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: STARWARS AU BULLSHIT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11
File: swhappyalternateanakin.png (172 KB, 490x347) Image search: [Google]
swhappyalternateanakin.png
172 KB, 490x347
I have ran hours worth of the Star Wars D6 tabletop game with my group, and it's the most fun we've ever had. Everyone is a SW nerd, we always have fun, it just never gets old.

However, I want to do something different. I want to shake things up. Our current campaign is headed to it's inevitable conclusion, and so I will begin work on the next campaign (yet more Star Wars). I want to change things, but still keep a similar feeling.

What are some good alternative universe scenarios I could run? Immediately obvious or otherwise. I don't want them to have so much meta-knowledge.

I've also considered what it would be like to create a sort of hybrid between StarWars and 40k. Force-users are like psykers, the Empire is the Imperium, etcetera. Is there anything remotely valuable in that idea?
>>
>>44085290

Luke fell to the darkside after killing Vader and soon after killed Palpatine. The campaign takes place aver a dozen years in the future where the galaxy is ruled by emperor Skywalker.

Ahsoka Tano never left the jedi order and with her support Anakin never fully fell to the dark side. Palpatine was never discovered as a Sith Lord and he's planning a second, more subtle war on the Jedi in order to take control of the republic.

Revan never lost his memory.

Leia was the one first discovered as a force sensitive instead of Luke and took his place in the original trilogy. What is the universe like where people believe that only a royal can defeat an emperor?

Kyle Katarn fell to the dark side permanently and now a new generation of sith and jedi battle across the galaxy rediscovering old powers and putting them to use in ways never before imagined.

Boba Fett actually did something in the original trilogy.

Ezra fell to the darkside and his master was forced to kill him, an act which broke Kanan mentally and tore apart the crew of the phantom. Without their support Rebel supplylines failed during the rebellion and while Luke defeated Vader and The Emperor, the Empire was still able to hold control of the galaxy. Run by more mundane generals, the order is out to kill all force sensitives on sight.

Form 7 actually does irrevocably twist you to the darkside and Mace WIndu became Palpatine's apprentice instead of Anakin.

The Nightsisters and Nightbrothers joined the Jedi during the war and their Magick ( I swear that's how it's spelled on the wiki) helped save the Republic from falling. Magick is now wide spread across the galaxy.

People realize the best weapon against a lightsaber is a slugthrower capable of firing hundreds of rounds a second whose projectiles travel faster than the speed of sound.

Darth Talon realizes the first step to mastery of the darkside is to wear actual clothes.
>>
File: photo_3.jpg (89 KB, 600x420) Image search: [Google]
photo_3.jpg
89 KB, 600x420
I've often considered running Star Wars mixed with Zoids. It's perfect -- you've got an Empire and a Republic, it just works.

Imagine Jedi piloing Blade Ligers instead of X-Wings. Badass.
>>
File: 1449465147238.jpg (43 KB, 800x929) Image search: [Google]
1449465147238.jpg
43 KB, 800x929
Vader never took a lava bath and was able to reach his full potential. He successfully heaved the Sheev and declared himself Emperor.
>>
>>44085735

It would be interesting to see how empire reacts when luke killed palpatine and vader and then trying to take over empire.

I think there would be at laest mini empire civil war, because I don't think all those admirals and generals are going to let former farm boy walz over them without fighting
>>
>>44085735
>Ezra fell to the darkside and his master was forced to kill him, an act which broke Kanan mentally and tore apart the crew of the phantom. Without their support Rebel supplylines failed during the rebellion and while Luke defeated Vader and The Emperor, the Empire was still able to hold control of the galaxy. Run by more mundane generals, the order is out to kill all force sensitives on sight.

that sounds like the plot of TFA
>>
Queen's Gambit AU anyone?
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1287526/chapters/2669221
>>
>>44085290
Well I dunno what the effects could be, but what if Qui-Gonn never died in the fight against Darth Maul?

Or what if he survived, but Obi-Wan died?
>>
>>44089230
>lost another padawn
QJ: Oh well, he was a scrub anyway. Come on Ani.

>>44089072
So whats their plan for the Vong?
>>
does bandai sell a B-wind model kit?

I'm looking for a b-wing model, i really need one
>>
File: 1313.jpg (29 KB, 600x273) Image search: [Google]
1313.jpg
29 KB, 600x273
What would Grim-Dark StarWars look like?
>>
File: KOTOR_II.jpg (66 KB, 260x343) Image search: [Google]
KOTOR_II.jpg
66 KB, 260x343
>>44090458
Pic related. The second one is grimmer-darker than the first one, imo.
>>
File: vongfleet.jpg (155 KB, 576x864) Image search: [Google]
vongfleet.jpg
155 KB, 576x864
>>44090458
Years of shitty writing
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 379x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 379x270
Thrawn and the New Republic enter peace talks.

Bothan extremists hinder them and must neutralized without angering Borsk.

Sheev clone emerges with an almost complete Eclipse early to disrupt talks, wrest Imperial control away from Thrawn, and remind Borsk who's the best smug politician in the galaxy.
>>
>>44090630
I think he wondered how it'd differ form the EU we have, not how it'd be similar.
>>
>>44089322
>Vong

Dead and gone and good fucking Riddance.
>>
>>44090630
What were they thinking.
>>
>>44085290
Treat the Star Wars Holiday Special as the highest level of canon, and have the players try to keep a struggling holonetwork on the air. Good mix of slice-of-life office politics and epic shootouts as the players try to rescue/kidnap celebrities for the next episode.
>>
>>44085290
>anakin would be banging Natalie Portman, leader of the imperial senate, with superpowers, hanging out with yoda obi wan and samuel l jackson happily ever after if he had not chosen to be an emo retard instead
>>
>>44093213
>anakin would be banging Natalie Portman

You can't bang anyone when you are a Jedi.
>>
>>44089322
>So whats their plan for the Vong?

To not touch them with a ten foot completely organic pole
>>
>>44093249
Then were did Luke and Leia come from?
>>
>>44093288
Anakin had already fall to the dark side when he banged Padme.
>>
>>44093288

A Sith
>>
>>44093308
>>44093330

Fair enough, from your perspective he wasn't really fully Jedi for a long time leading up to his tipping point. I can accept that
>>
File: Imperial Felucia.jpg (54 KB, 800x411) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Felucia.jpg
54 KB, 800x411
>>44090458
Star Wars settles into a girmdark tone every so often. Gives a refreshing cooldown from the pulpy action every now and then.
>>
>>44085290
I have an idea, altough its pretty shit
here's my idea, it happens a bit before the Clone Wars starts
>group is composed of Jedi archivists and researchers trying to make sense of the on and off Jedi/Sith The Revan and try to retrace his legacy so the Jedi Order can finally understand what was his endgame in the end to finally put some form of satisfying data to the Jedi archive instead of the mish-mash of incomplete information they have
>Sheev being the conniving bastard he is, has a spy follow them among them to try to throw them off course and basically have them ending up finding nothing
>>
How about you do your own version of the prequels? You can use what you like, change what you don't like.
>>
>>44093249
The rules say you cant love but the force doesnt actually care. There are historical jedi who have had kids and been just fine.

I could argue that you are confusing banging with love but its a pointless argument.

At least dont conflate paladin code OCD with jedi code, they are very different.
>>
>>44094677
Except someone in the group has to be the Binks
>>
>>44095285
>someone has to be the sith lord
oh damn, sucks to be that guy
>>
>>44091016
This is what I was wondering, yes.
>>
The Mando win against the Republic in the Mandalorian wars; the galaxy splinters into smaller factions with the Mandalorians attempting to unify the galaxy under their ideals.

The party are born slaves in one of the newer colonies and have to bring the galaxy back to balance.
>>
>>44093249
Only a Sith deals in such absolutes
>>
File: tumblr_mvz0bjdJn51qb8175o1_500.png (272 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvz0bjdJn51qb8175o1_500.png
272 KB, 500x700
>>
>>44098658
Saying only Sith deal in absolutes IS an absolute. So, by your own logic...
SITH DETECTED! KILL HIM! KILL HIM NOW!!!
>>
>>44098999
Nice trips
>>
>>44088982
Well, it was heavily implied by Palpatine that he was Anakin's "father" during that scene in Episode III at the opera house where he tells Anakin about the Sith Lord who discovered how to create life through the force and was murdered by his apprentice. Presumably that was Palpatine's old master, and seeing how Anakin was created through the force...

Anyway, that would make Luke the rightful hereditary heir of the Empire.
>>
>>44099321
Saying that only Sith deal in absolutes is only an absolute from A Certain Point of View, actually.
>>
>>44100236
How do you mean?
>>
>>44100305
It's over anon, he has the high ground.
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 601x829) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 601x829
>StarWars 40k hybrid
>>
>>44088771
That looks more like palpatines young clones than anakin
>>
>>44098428
Space spartan campaign?
>>
File: master-chief-painting-tutorial.jpg (215 KB, 950x500) Image search: [Google]
master-chief-painting-tutorial.jpg
215 KB, 950x500
>>44107273
>space spartan
>>
So is it true that you dont need the new x-wing core set? I really want to start to play but i prefere the galactic civil war ones rather the ones from the new movie
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.