[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Blood Bowl/ - The Old Thread Failed a GFI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: Bloodbowl Magazine Issue 5.jpg (356 KB, 994x1521) Image search: [Google]
Bloodbowl Magazine Issue 5.jpg
356 KB, 994x1521
Woops! We let the old thread die without making a new one.

http://www.thenaf.net/
https://fumbbl.com/
http://bbtactics.com/

A more colourful version of the latest rules, the CRP (aka LRB6):
http://marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

/tg/ FUMBBL group, currently in Round 4:
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view
Announcement and RULES:
http://pastebin.com/9St1yYU7

Cknoor's tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4Nr-Ky1PaFZys50S7zewio1O
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl
>>
This is the correct thread.
>>
Which miniature companies make the highest quality blood bowl or faux blood bowl type minis?

Not which are best for the price, just the best
>>
>>44084370
Is there anywhere I can find these old blood Bowl magazines? I've never really seen them on mega or anywhere?

I think I'd like to read them for nostalgia
>>
I'm starting a dark elf team, and i need to figure out the names for them, what would be a good theme for dark elf names.
right now i'm thinking i might name them after dictators but idk
>>
punch rats
>>
>>44085202
>dark elf team name
The Murder-rapists

Alternatively: The Aristocrats
>>
I have a Beastman in BB2 who now has both a Str + and Ag + level.

I don't think this guy will understand the phrase 'caged ball'.
>>
Why are Dark Elves so popular in this community?
They are fucking murder to play
>>
File: high elves.jpg (103 KB, 530x530) Image search: [Google]
high elves.jpg
103 KB, 530x530
>>44085007
I am a fan of the guys who made these High Elves

Fanath art

Who makes good Dark elves in the US btw? The only ones I could find were Italian

>>44085202
I'm a masochist and in bb1 they witches had the best "dat ass" in the game
>>
>>44085451
whoops meant to reply to >>44085404
>>
>>44085404
Because they have Elf strengths and only some of their weaknesses.
>>44085451
There are some ok Impact minis. Otherwise they are all from across the pond (lotta nice ones tho).
>>
>>44086221
>Because they have Elf strengths and only some of their weaknesses.
But they aren't zippy fast, nor can have much throwing, nor can they really win most fights.
DE "bash" is just a quick ambush for the ball and run like hell
>>
>>44086475
MV 7 and AGI4 is plenty. 2 extra block guys helps, and their "catcher" is str 3. Yea its still more surgical than orcs, but you take hit far better than say Welves.
>>
>>44082067
Resurrection tourneys hardly "fuck over" Chaos, even if they are Claw-dependent - casualties still stick over the course of a match. There's still plenty of blood - in fact, there's the chance for more because all teams get restored to full strength after each match.

And since all teams get an equal amount of SPP to distribute, whether or not this favours certain team rosters depends entirely on the values assigned at the resurrection tourneys. If the assigned SPP is very low, then yes, of course you'll favour teams like Amazon or Norse, but mid-to-high SPP allotments tend to balance things out for teams that need more development, or teams that are harder to develop.

Generally I think the balance of BB is pretty strong and I think the popularity of resurrection tournaments is also in the fact that it's a very "pick up and play" format.
>>
>>44086221
>>44086475
Flip it around; Dark Elves aren't Elves with -MA, they're Humans with +AG. They have a lot of flexibility in their style while still remaining very consistent.
>>
>>44087313
This is a good way to look at it. Especially if you plan to forego the Ogre, there's few reasons not to go DE.
>>
what are the strenghts and weaknesses of each team?
>>
>>44087999
it depends

any team in particular or style of play you're looking for?
>>
>>44088028
I played blood bowl something like 6-7 years ago using jervis' blood bowl rulebook, used skaven but wasn't totally convinced by them
maybe going for something more punchy?
>>
>>44085365
So is he your killer or your ball carrier?
>>
>>44088466
I think he means ball hunter, as in the beastman will just break through any cage to get the ball.
>>
>>44088045
chaos is punchy

but personally speaking, you can't really go wrong with orcs.
>>
File: 028 Orcs Full Team.jpg (1 MB, 1784x1280) Image search: [Google]
028 Orcs Full Team.jpg
1 MB, 1784x1280
>you rabble in charge of making threads

>>44085007

Simply the best?

Willy miniatures, they are expensive but they have a consistently great range, and thematically they are usually very similar to GW's own efforts, unlike some companies who try to stay away from them.

RN Estudio is another one that has some nice looking designs, I can't speak for the quality of the miniatures though, we've all seen kickstarters and the like with impressive CAD designs only for the miniatures to not be as great.

I'm a huge fan of the Impact! Miniatures Sarcos range, the "Gatormen". Though I can't say much about Impact! as a whole, some of their ranges are a bit poo.
>>
>>44088959
orcs=mindless fun here too I hope?
>>
>>44089194

Not really, actually.

Orcs are a very solid team right from the start. Consistent too, you won't suffer many turnovers if you play them right.

They can bash with the best, and move the ball around well with the right skills, not that you need to when you can cage up and steamroll it in.

For mindless fun you want Goblins.
>>
>>44084370
how's the quality of willy-miniatures? They look great, they have just the feel I want from BB, but I've only ever seen the pics they/(he?) put up. How are they cast?
>>
File: BB chaos dwarves.jpg (451 KB, 1063x552) Image search: [Google]
BB chaos dwarves.jpg
451 KB, 1063x552
>>44089385
forgot pic
>>
>>44089194
not beyond the regular blood bowl affair

orcs are just consistent, tough and punchy
>>
>>44089385

I can vouch for them, put together the "Egyptian" team for an old friend. Little flash, well hidden joints, no gap filling. Some of the best metals I've come across, fuck this "restic" meme materials.

What I'd expect at €100 a team.

Not my reviews but worth a look:

https://scentofagamer.wordpress.com/2013/05/18/revffctwm/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P29E5NA8EJI
>>
>>44089494
thanks m8
>>
>>44089385

I only own one Willy miniature (one of their Mummies)

Quality isn't really superb, there was a bit of a moulding slip and the back of the miniature is a lit flatter and more featureless than the front.

That said the model certainly does the job and looks impressive, and as it's the only one that I own it may be a fluke.
>>
>tfw your wizard misses all 4 skinks in the first turn cage.

Killed one later but damn that wizard lost me the game.
>>
>>44091629
>using your wixxard on the first turn
>>
>>44091643
Of the second half.
>>
>>44087660
>Especially if you plan to forego the Ogre, there's few reasons not to go DE.
If you are a beginner they are rough
Dark elves can be extremely punishing to bad choices, Be it picking the wrong fight, injury, bad dice or not hitting enough.

The hardest games of DE that can shut the team down are the ones that dont have an apoth, lose a blitzer then and you make as well restart
>>
So I played black box for the first time last night and received nuffles fury. To be short, as chaos I had four players left on the pitch at the end against humies, but no serious injuries. At the end of the game I had the chance got a vanity pass, and made it for my 1 spp of the game. Lo and behold nuffle forgave me and gave mvp to my one player with spp in the entire game. Went to go check it out, expecting a kicker or blocker. No, no, no, nuffles graciousness knows no bounds, and thus he granted me +ST on a beastman for my team's first level roll.

Thing is I'm unsure what to make him after +ST. Do I go for a killer, ball blitzer, or what?
>>
>>44091763
Build him like you would a beastman. Except he has +strength. No philosophy here.
>>
>>44091763
As>>44091784 said you could just make him a normal beastman,but if you want something different you might go roadblock with block tackle stand firm and guard,eventhough that might take quite a while to get effective it is pretty fun
>>
>>44091763
Mighty blow, claw, piling on, block, tackle
>>
>Reports of attempted matchfixing again follow Frugs Jumpers, with their game against 16 Shades of Green being postponed until 18:00 Server time tomorrow.

>The 16 Shades coach waited for his opponent to arrive for some time before passing out, and his team was unable to rouse him.

>Prominent Tilean businessmen were quick to point out that he has a history of painkiller abuse, and it wasn't their fault Frug was delayed by a big bag full of cash.

>Tune in tomorrow to see who will prevail.
>>
>>44091734
this. I played a game against orcs last night with my DE. Blitzer, runner and witch elf died
>>
Rerolls Required v lex Maginots has begun!
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=797320
>>
>>44094123
Only got my phone on me so cannot spectate. I know its 0-0, but has there been carnage?
>>
>>44093175
Poor form, Frugs!
>>
>>44094293

Just a dead skelly, looks like.
>>
>>44094450
Sorry,will make sure to lose a couple tgs next week.
>>
>>44094493

Can't be having any skilled up TGs, you know the rules.
>>
>>44094387
>Several Tileans also complained about the Orc coach being vague about start times for the match, as its hard to influence betting markets when you don't know when a match will begin.
>>
I've assembled my tabletop norse team and five skins for my tabletop lizard team.

I'll probably pickup some wytches for my delf team this weekend.

Probably going to wait for bones were-alligator for a kroxigor since I don't think $60 from gw is worth it when I just want one krox, maybe I'll check ebay but probably not
>>
File: 1432418803053.png (86 KB, 221x316) Image search: [Google]
1432418803053.png
86 KB, 221x316
Buddhist Elves vs Salary Simians should be starting anytime now
>>
I threw an infamous three skull block the other day, passed the loner test though so it got re-rolled away, thanks for giving me that scare nuffle
>>
So I read on a blood bowl form that you could cut a human catcher if he doesn't get a stat up first roll.
>>
>>44095402
post a spectator link
>>
>>44095472
You certainly can!
>>
>>44095479
will do when it starts
>>
>>44095481
I mean Should
>>
bringing this over from the other thread

Is the anything more frustrating than watching someone who doesn't understand the game saying that they have no way out of a situation, or trying to make claims that certain things are OP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlLvulYTIFo
>>
>>44095764
>whining about crendor tournies

Uh, the whole point is the players in those tournies are not bloodbowl players (except crendor) which is like, kind of stupid?

Like cknoor was invited, and he refused to play in it
>>
>>44095764
To be fair, Crendor and Sam are the 2 most experienced players and both of them took the most try hard teams.
>>
>Coach Big Moth would like to make this statement after the Goblin victory vs Khemri

>"We are as astounded that there were no serious goblin injuries this game. On behalf of the national goblin player association, I deeply apologize for this one-sided violence."

>The goblin players refused to comment on this statement and chased our reporter out with shivs. We did manage to get a word from The Mad Gob, the goblins fanatic player, that had this to say about the situation:

>"Ahehughueglghbllflflffjhghjfkffffff"
>>
>>44095811
I thought they didn't even want cKnoor in this time.
>>
>>44095957
He was invited he said no. He doesn't think it would be fun
>>
>>44095957
cknoor said he didn't want to play because it wouldn't be fun to beat people who by now should have some understanding of the game.
>>
>>44096100

Is that what he actually said or did he just not want to play because the skill level would be so wide?

That I could understand, if he said what you quoted, that's kinda snobby.
>>
Mini time - post your BB minis!
>>
>>44096137
That's the truth though
>>
>>44096137
>that's kinda snobby.
not really. I couldn't watch that video for a minute. There is nothing intresting about how they are playing or the jokes they are doing.
>>
>>44096137
I think his actual wording was that the experience gap was too big. He didn't say they should know by now. But fucking seriously they should know by now and the 4 or so players who know how to play, Crendor, Sam, PFlax, and Total ass cancer took lizards, wood elves, orcs, and dark elves. Pflax let a guy spend 16 turns of a game blocking his line orc 1v1 with an orge without telling the guy he was being a retard and wasting his Ogre. So I think cknoor is annoyed that A. half the players suck and really should know how to fucking play at this point and B. the other half are cunts who play try hard teams and ball on srubs without helping them.

But cknoor would never say that so he said the experience gap is too large and playing with them wouldn't be fun and he would just be telling them moves all game.
>>
>>44096200

I've watched a bunch of their matches. Some of them are absolute trash but it's kinda fun to watch them flail around and joke about with each other.
>>
>>44096244
Seriously though Dodger has played in 3 fucking tournaments. She is fucking the best player in the current tournament. How can she possibly suck so fucking much?

Also I am like 90% sure they just told Jessie that Chaos have kill teams without explaining that they need clawpomb to him first.
>>
>>44096320
Well he did get to murder some rat actors.
>>
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=797403

happening
>>
>>44096146
alright let me wrap this bb2 game up, most of my stuff are unpainted though
>>
>>44096320
I don't get why the fuck he's even plYing in the first place. He's clearly not enjoying the game, which makes it less fun to watch, and he obviously doesn't care enough to have a glance at the rule book.
Same goes for Dodger. If you play this shit a second time, look at the fucking rules.
>>
>>44096137
It's true though. Dodger's been in three of the Polaris league tourneys by now and she's playing progressively worse, while Cox has simply given up trying to even win games, just kill dudes (and didn't even pick the right team for killing dudes - starter Chaos can't hurt a fly).

It's fun watching the games between coaches of middling experience or the coaches who honestly try, but some of the games are just ugh.
>>
>>44096565
saying he's "clearly not enjoying the game" is a bit of an exaggeration. I think he's playing up how angry and butthurt he really is because it makes for good watching
>>
>>44096619
I used to think /tg/ was bad at bloodbowl, then I realized, we're not
>>
File: Broken Tooth Blitzers.png (37 KB, 959x634) Image search: [Google]
Broken Tooth Blitzers.png
37 KB, 959x634
>shitty lineman who has 2 SPP after a dozen games
>gets the MVP
>+1 ST on the Level up

[aggressive masturbation intensifies]
>>
>>44096692

Indeed, considering I basically walked the Reddit League 7-1 with starter Chaos, whilst I'm stuck on 2-2 in the /tg/ league, with a better team in starter Orcs
>>
>>44096809
Beating up ledditors sounds fun.
>>
Man when it's turn 8 you should rock the double down on your silverback, av9 versus av7 man, just pick the double down and pray to nuffle
>>
>>44097375
My Silverback went down on Turn 1 then didn't regain consciousness till midway through the second half.
Nuffle is never friendly to apes.
>>
>>44095764

>animations on for every successful block

How do they fucking stand it?
>>
>>44097496
I'm more worried about the terrible camera angle.
>>
So 3 questions.

With my human team I've decided to start employing 2 human catchers. My plan based on blood bowl tactic forum advice is don't have more than 1 rookie catcher at a time and 2 fire them if they don't stat up their first level up. So my ideal is a +ag guy for a catcher and +st guy for a safety/ball hawk. Would block, sidestep be the best for the +ag guy and wrestle, tackle for the +st guy? My thrower already has accurate, strong arm, safe throw. What skill should I give him to make him better at defense, block or wrestle or something else?

Part 2:
With Orcs I plan to build my black orcs as
A:Block, guard, MB
B:Block, guard, MB
C:guard, Block, MB
D:Block, guard, MB

I read that orcs should carry 2 POMB pieces (I only carry 1 as humans) So I figure
A:MB,PO, Tackle
B:MB,PO, Tackle
C:Tackle, guard
D:??

Should I rely on a thower for carrying the ball and take guard>tackle on the 4th blitzer or sure hands and what else and ditch the thrower? At what TV should I get a gobbo with sneeky git and at what TV should I get a guard>stand firm Troll to help with assists vs Chaos, Lizards, and Dorfs?

Finally what fun teams are there? I like to pass, foul, and to have strength access. I used to play Chaos but ditched them for lack of starting skills. Now I use humans mostly. I have Orc and Dorf teams I am starting and plan to make Nurgle and gobbos teams when they are added to BB2. Are there any other teams with good starting skills and strength access who can throw and foul people?
>>
>>44097926

Skaven gets strength access on their blitzers, and they have good starting skills and access to passing. They are way squishier that the other teams you're playing, but if you're fine with goblins then that might not matter that much.
>>
>>44097926
>>44098049

Norse is also a great team when it comes to starting skills, with strength access on a MA6 STR4 piece. They're worse at passing than normal humans since they lack a proper catcher, but they're much better at bashing.
>>
>>44097432
yeah, I know, I was watching the game
>>
I'm doing a dark elf team, and the current league has 2 daemons of khorne, goblins, slann, norse, human, and high elf. should i take 4 blitzer, 6 linemen and a runner, or 3 blitzer, 6 linemen and a witch elf? 2 RR each
>>
Scariest player in the /tg/ league so far?

I am really glad I haven't had to deal with The Poundinator yet.
>>
>>44098579
4 blitzers tend to be better. Witch elf might be nice against the teams without block though, so it depends on who you're afraid of.
>>
>>44098662
The poundinator has been really good at killing things so far, so he has my vote. All of the players with two levels seem pretty scary so far though.
>>
>>44098579
optimally you take the 4 blitzers, if you love to surf start with a witch elf
>>
>>44098818
>>44098669
i'm fairly new, so probably go for the blitzers i guess
>>
>>44098832
Yeah, witch elf can be difficult to use well. Blitzers are much safer.
>>
>>44098832
If you know how tackle zones work and how frenzy works either is fine, it depends if you're WAAC or like witch elf titties
>>
>>44098579
4 Blitzers if you're new, always. If you're new you tend to underestimate how easy it is to lose an AV7 guy - you need to protect that witch if she's going to do her job. Half of the blocks she takes will leave her stunned or worse.

The same goes for the runner of course but you tend to naturally protect him anyway since he's the one with the ball.
>>
File: cover.jpg (132 KB, 870x960) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
132 KB, 870x960
So I make a cadge, but my opponent just does that gay 2-2 stack thing and there is no viable way around it

How do you counter the cage counter?
>>
So for pestigors, I guess beastmen too, but mostly pestigors.

You figure a ball carrier, killer, safety, and then what for your 4th pestigor?

For ball carrier do you go extra arm>block>2 heads? Or a different progression?

for the killer do you start with block or go MB>Claw>PO>Block>tackle under the assumption that anyone worth killing has block anyway?

For the safety, Wrestle>Tackle>frenzy or is it more important to have block in case your ball carrier is knocked out?

What do you build the last guy to do?

How much tackle do you need? Should you take tackle on rotters? Do you take tackle before or after mighty blow on warriors?
>>
>>44100721
bash and move your cage slowly
>>
>>44100731
For my killer I get block first, because sometimes you'll get two beastmen hitting level two at the same time and maybe one of them rolls +ST or something bananas which throws a wrench in your plan.

Some warriors I don't rush MB, even if it's a killer like your 2nd or 3rd killer doesn't ~need~ mb immediately.

Like on my current team I rolled doubles on two of my killers so they got blodge (their brother had block mb claw) one of them ended up being block dodge mb the other block dodge tackle.

My killer beastman went block mb claw tackle pile on.

In general for my non-important beasts they get block, guard, then they get sent off to the farm.
>>
>>44100721

Depends on the amount of time you have. If you have several turns, be patient, advance the cage slowly, and make him regret leaving his players open to all the 2 die blocks you're going to get. Either you make it into the end zone doing this, he backs off because he's scared of the damage you're inflicting and thinks he's better off preserving his players for later in the match, or he doesn't back off and you don't score but he's got several played injured or KO'd for the next drive.

If there's not much time to score, the plan as above doesn't change much except don't sacrifice the stability of the cage just to move it unless you need to equalize or pull ahead. If you are behind, it does become much more difficult, but be patient and try and create an opportunity for your fastest player to try and have to only make one dodge to clear their wall.

If this is something you are still consistently having difficulty with, consider investing in Grab for a player. Having a Grab player on one of the front corners of your cage will make it even easier to torment your opponent as I described - let them force your cage towards the sidelines (it's what they want because they have an easier time slowing you down if you can be pushed off the pitch), and then use Grab to chain-block the front ends of their columns. Remember that in that situation, a pushback result might be preferable to a POW, if they're on the ground then they're still in your way and you can't block them again immediately to try and push them off the pitch.

It's also very easy to set up simple fouls when your cage is being stalled like this, but you obviously must never risk a portion of your cage (unless you are ready and able to replace it without interrupting the defense it provides) to commit the foul. Just another tool in the war of attrition they are trying to force you into.
>>
File: BB team names.png (19 KB, 661x374) Image search: [Google]
BB team names.png
19 KB, 661x374
fuck me
i'm running out of historical punny names for my team
send help /bbg/
>>
>>44102126
Chairman Pow
>>
>>44102126
Naballeon

Martin Goferit King

Christopher Golongus

I sack you-a-ton

Sackman Freud
>>
What did the ogre say to the amazon?

"Can you give my bonehead a mighty blow?"
>>
Why can't Khemri teams have children?

They only have mummies
>>
Daily reminder that Lizardmen are OP and Lizardmen players are tryhards.
>>
>>44102275

>I sack you-a-ton

No need to turn his first name into the actual words.

Isaac Yewton would still work. Or Isaac Yewtons
>>
File: bb team final.png (19 KB, 658x373) Image search: [Google]
bb team final.png
19 KB, 658x373
>>44102180
>>44102275
thanks friends
now to lose
all the fucking time
>>
>>44098735
yea 3 TDs 7 CAS is pretty tough to beat. +mv is also scary
Brood would probably be scarier with something other than Break Tackle
>>
So what are the great underated skills of bloodbowl?

Like I find that Jump up is brilliant for quick and slow players alike as it can give your full threat range at all times

ditto kick is useful as shit
>>
>>44102502
all of the skills are good, some are just more situational than others.

Like block is situational, but the situation is "if you block or are being blocked"
>>
>>44096146
plan to make some convertions one day
>>
File: Norse.png (1 MB, 1000x865) Image search: [Google]
Norse.png
1 MB, 1000x865
>>44096146
Here's my newly assembled norse team, the notwerewolves look a little funky if you get real close to 'em but they look awesome on the table.
>>
File: chaos team.jpg (1 MB, 2554x2427) Image search: [Google]
chaos team.jpg
1 MB, 2554x2427
>>44096146
>>44102796

Here's my chaos team

Lizard men are wip, delfs wip also
>>
File: MuoRqt7.gif (981 KB, 480x288) Image search: [Google]
MuoRqt7.gif
981 KB, 480x288
>>44102796

I'm sorry for pointing this out but I just have to:

They're doing the Monkey, man.
>>
File: heterosexualsportsman.png (417 KB, 610x407) Image search: [Google]
heterosexualsportsman.png
417 KB, 610x407
>>44102814
nah they're blocking ghosts
>>
>>44102814
>>44102831
oh, you meant the werewolves, yeah they're totes doing the monkey

I guess their team name will have to be something simian, and norse
>>
>>44098662

Tiny Tibby.
>>
>>44102361
Why are people still spouting this meme.
>>
>>44100721
A cage is slow. Really, really slow. Don't expect to advance more than a few squares every turn. Generally, it's only used by slow bashy teams like Dwarves or Undead, who don't really move very fast anyway.

For all other teams, intermediate play is understanding whether you need to cage in the first place. Caging is very secure but also very slow, for the above mentioned reasons. Often, you stay much more mobile by adopting loose cages or screen opponents off.

In teams with an actual passing threat, advancing several pass targets can force the opponent to divert resources away from stopping the advance of the cage. For this to work best you want to create a credible passing threat - one Catcher out alone is probably just going to get blitzed down, but a Catcher screened by a couple linemen or several Catchers in disparate locations will require more resources that can't be dedicated to stopping the cage.
>>
Nurglite here

We're number 1
We're number N1H1
>>
>>44102796
are these completely kitbashed?

>>44102811
I like the beastmen especially. The paint job, I mean yeah.
>>
xcom bowl when
>>
>>44106547
>Xenos v Humans
>still fail a 95%
>>
>rolling not a single die higher than 2 for an entire half
I think I might be done with this game for a while. I can't even fathom what the chances for this shit are.
>>
Frugs Jumpers vs 16 Shades of Green starting now
>>
Orcs v Frogs
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=797631
>>
Why do people bitch about clawpomp so much? Like just foul them. Mark them with linemen. All players who get mutation on single start without block. Meaning they either have to skip block guard tackle or take forever to level up. So either blodge/fend or just foul till they stop piling on or your players you want to protect are safe. If you have blodge or block guard they will have a hard time knocking your man's down.

Also storm vermin deserve the full strength of clawpomb. I think of you nurf clawpomb you need to buff storm vermin and maybe make fouling better for nurgle
>>
>>44108551
People just don't like how it allows them to kill easily.
>>
GFI
>>
>>44108551
Because having your whole team be av6 is crazy.

And the first skill in the clawpomb progression is always block so blodge isn't really that good.

As I mentioned above I put tackle on a couple of my people delaying MB and PO anyways.

People bitch about clawpomb because in a perpetual league clawpomb will cripple 2 or 3 of your players in a match. If you regularly play against clawpomb your TV will bottom out
>>
>>44106245
The werewolves are kitbashed, they're marauder legs, beastmen arms and chaos wolf bodies.

Linemen are marauders, the blitzers are bloodreavers from the AoS starter set.
>>
>>44108551
The main argument against ClawPOMB is that it's essentially a brainless strategy; you just keep throwing blocks and win via piece removal.

Generally though people complaining about ClawPOMB are almost always complaining in the context of a perpetually open league with random matchmaking (basically Cyanide or FUMBBL's Box); where it's possible to farm up a claw killer team. It's harder to do this in a league format where this puts a gigantic bullseye on your back and you actually have to win games consistently.
>>
Alright starting at 6:00PM server time Saturday we got Rap versus Funk in a clash of a life time. Can the funky skeletons groove on through to endzone and score a lil somethin somethin, or will the mean green goblins play dirty and bust some dusty, old, decaying knee caps?
>>
>>44111468
Either way, there will be blood.
>>
>bought Blood Bowl videogame on the Steam sale
>not enough experience to play against players
>not enough patience to play against the blatantly cheating AI
Should I just uninstall?
>>
>>44113409
NAF official is mostly a lot of noobs too. You'll never learn if you refuse to play. You can alternatively watch some stream/gameplay instead of being a faggot.
>>
>>44113409

>blatantly cheating AI

Do tell.
>>
>>44113437
They constantly go for two red dice and never get a negative one, basically negating the point of positioning your players. You will never get more than one roll higher than 4 during any turn. So basically, once I see a Defender Down I might as well end my turn. At first I thought it was just bad luck, but I've played four full games now and those things were true in all of them.
>>
>>44113532

You have no mathematical proof, just anecdotal evidence. 4 games is not enough when we're talking about the number of dice that would need to be rolled to notice a trend in favor of the AI over the player.

And even if what you're saying is true, the AI is so utterly braindead that even if it cheats you will still win.

I mean, I've actually seen it send a player that cannot pick up, catch, or even hold the ball to receive a High Kick. It's that fucking stupid of an AI.
>>
second for the ai is literally retarded

Constantly throwing 2dagainst blocks isn't cheating it's just bad.

And you know what we say about people who whine~

http://tindeck.com/listen/jvdn

But seriously checkout cknoor's tutorials and read
http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/playbooks/Woodelf2.pdf

It's the best general overview to bloodbowl and the strategies. Even if you don't play welfs.

Just ignore everything about leap bullshit
>>
>>44113589
>run all players with sure hands away
>use a lineman to pickup the ball

ok ai, thanks for wasting my time
>concede out
>spin naf official
>>
>Like dorfs
>Make dorf team
>Dorfs are the worst fucking team in the game

Fun
>>
>>44113887
They are actually the best though.
>>
File: 1366782253300.jpg (131 KB, 669x667) Image search: [Google]
1366782253300.jpg
131 KB, 669x667
>>44113945
>Can't move
>Only benefit is that they start off with a few skills
>Out bashed by every other bashing team
>>
File: i have sad.png (80 KB, 450x480) Image search: [Google]
i have sad.png
80 KB, 450x480
Am I the only fatguy who hates BB2 and wants to go back to good old BB:CE?
>>
>>44114118
CE is objectively superior to 2, but 2 is much prettier
>>
>>44114099
>Out bashed by every other bashing team
Well you can get outbashed by elves with orcs if you're shit, dwarves are the best bashy team at low TV.
>>
>>44114167
I agree that it's prettier... but it feels as if Cyanide is just trying to squeeze more and more money out of the masses.

Another pet peeve I have of BB2 is that the players, when they fall down and are stunned/injured... that they actually moan and turn over as if "Oh wait, I'm injuried, I'm supposed to stay lying on the ground this way instead."
It would be much better if they didn't move, you know? And that, instead, if they aren't injuried or stunned that they turn around as if saying "Yeah, I'm down but I'm gonna get up soon bitch"
>>
>>44114175
>at low TV
> low TV
>>
>>44114396
Well you can't start a team with a team value higher than 1k, can you? That's low as far as I know.
>>
>>44114118
>>44114228
>it feels as if Cyanide is just trying to squeeze more and more money out of the masses.
Pretty much. The game is intentionally incomplete, and the remaining team rosters will be paid downloads. If people are willing to pay that much for a pretty-looking game, more power to them, but I'm more in it for the game itself.
>>
>>44114396
Dwarves are still solid bashers at higher levels. They have a ton of Guard access, which minimizes the number of blocks opponents are able to execute on you. Yes, Claw cuts holes in them but as noted previously ClawPOMB tends to be only a problem in endless open league metas.
>>
>>44113409
The only way to get gud at this game is to practice

I got the vidja on a whim, my first games agaisnts the computer with pathetic, then I got my td, then my first tie, then a win

Then I played REAL bloodbowl on fumbbl, and still learn as I get my ass kicked
>>
For a bullcentaur's first skill: Block, Break Tackle or sure hands?
>>
>>44116509
Depends on what you use them for. I prefer block though.
>>
>>44116681
They all feel really good, just what to get first
>>
>>44116744
What suits your playstyle more?
>>
>>44116918
I'm very new to non-elves, but I like being super grindy but I've had a lack of ball fondling skills fuck me hard with bullcentuars
>>
>>44117049
Get someone with sure hands then
>>
>>44117110
I've really liked them so far
I started with 4rr, 1 bull, and 6 dorfs
Then my first game the guy concided so I got enough for an extra bull
Now I have 3 dorfs with guard and am really digging the ability to grind for once
>>
Who is more min maxy Lizards or chaos dwarfs?
>>
>>44117223
Skaven.
>>
>>44117223
Chaos dorfs aren't really "min-maxy"
The dorfs are very very slow, that requires a good amount of board control to make sure you can't get past them.
Hobgobs are a joke piece, just there to assist or take a punch
The Centaurs are legit cool though, but even they start with a lack of skills and 2 agi

Lizards are stupid fast, even the 7 stronk pieces, have the best big guy 4u (tied with beast of nurgle) and don't take much skill to win
>>
Ok, /tg/, you've got a minotaur, yes the OPTIMAL strategy is to grind him up into hamburgers, but

Assuming he's got Tentacles, Claw, MB, Guard, Piling on, what do you give him if he levels up again?

He's only got one more level in him, MAYBE, but do you give in and just take juggernaut knowing he's shit? Maybe foul appearance to "protect" him?
>>
>>44117278
>skaven
>min maxy
Skaven have all of 6 good pieces and 1 decent piece and the rest suck.
>>
>>44117334
if he gets a doubles and block, I feel he's quite worth it
>>
>>44117334
pro could be nice

>>44117353
>1 decent piece and the rest suck
you get 4 of them though, also the blitzers aren't bad with strength and mutations
>>
>>44117380
>>44117361
No dubs anon, you rolled a 7
>>
>>44117380
Yea six good pieces, 4 gutter runners and 2 storm vermin. The thrower is better than the human thrower. But the rat ogre has wild animal and any wild animal sucks. The linerats suck at marking because lol 7 av. And they only have 2 storm vermin
>>
File: ChaikaLegs.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
ChaikaLegs.webm
2 MB, 800x450
>>44113409
If you are under 2 hours get a refund, blood bowl is only for the most autistic of virgins
>>
In BB2 mighty blow doesn't apply to an injury re-roll from piling on
>>
File: download.jpg (16 KB, 307x164) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
16 KB, 307x164
>>44108497
>>44108484
In case you missed it - Frugs Jumpers went down 1 td to 2 against 16 Shades of Green

>After the match star blocker, Dark, was asked about the game, "Dem frogs was slippery" he stated "Fankfully some nice fancy umies what come from Tilea made sure dey tripped evry time dey jumped or dodged, I fink dey put slime on dere feets or somefing"

>Reports are starting to emerge of the Tilean mafia wanting to ensure that the league final is played exactly how they like - more on this growing story in coming days
>>
File: 100_7883.jpg (203 KB, 1600x718) Image search: [Google]
100_7883.jpg
203 KB, 1600x718
Just completed my third match in the Reddit Fumbbl league! My pudgy dough shaped little halfling shits managed to win against dwarves! AND WITH ONLY A MASSIVE KICK TO THE GROIN RELATED INJURY TO SHOW FOR IT!

I'm so happy.
>>
>>44118345
>AND WITH ONLY A MASSIVE KICK TO THE GROIN RELATED INJURY TO SHOW FOR IT!
>lol all caps is funny and randum
Go back to reddit
>>
>>44117353
>Skaven have all of 6 good pieces and 1 decent piece and the rest suck.
you do know what min maxy means?
>>
>>44118459
Anon, I ended up joining the reddit league because there wasn't a /tg/ one to join at the time. I would rather be here, but I'm still having fun regardless.

Also, fuck you, I'm excited.
>>
>>44118557
It's ok, it's funny because you're beating reddit with halflings and reddit is awful

I laughed at >>44118459 but I'm also sad because he's probably underage
>>
So, what teams could work out in the long run in a perpetual league? I mean, most of them can be good and you'll probably win against ClawPOMBers, but after that you can kiss your team goodbye.
I'm thinking maybe teams with extremely cheap players you don't give a shit about in the first place, like Skaven.
>>
>>44117353
Min max means cutting away what you don't need. The only levels you might get for linemen are kick. Everything else goes to Runners and Stormvermim. Skaven can just max 6 or 7 players and have abunch of shitty linemen to stay nice and low on TV.
>>
>>44118599
Skaven are at an advantage against clawpomb, because they don't care about claw, unfortunately the orcs and dwarves will get to 'em

If you want "good teams" in general just look at http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/LRB6Stats.htm

Pick anything near the top
>>
I challenge you guys to play "khorne" in bb2, get block frenzy on all your beastmen, hard mode, get frenzy at level 1.
>>
>>44118982
But ClawPOMB, is already the best way to murder.
>>
>>44119078
dis git don't even get it
>>
>>44119192
I get it, but Khorne is all about the murder. Most efficient murder is the best way to do it.
>>
>>44119233
nah it's about frenzy linemen and juggernaut positionals
>>
well, my slayer just quad skulls and got injured

thanks nuffle
>>
>sometimes, I'll watch a match in the crendorian invitational, and I'll turn the volume down low and talk over the people playing like I'm a sports-caster

Does anyone else do this
>>
>>44121071
I do it while spectating randoms, I've half a mind to actually cast
>>
>>44121184
I'd have half a mind to watch it.
>>
>>44121184
>>44121960
I'd have half mind to color commentate.
>>
>>44119642
I once made a game against noob humie,he started his turn with a block with the ogre on a long beard,skull both down,reroll,loner,injured.he quit like two turns later
>>
>>44122160
(whispers) bloood booowl
>>
>>44121960
maybe sometime I will
>>
Someone help an idiot who's only played BB2 so far and is reading the rulebook to get a proper understanding.

I know for a fact that in BB2 I've made passing attempts, and when the pass roll is failed, the thrower just fumbles the ball just as if they had made a pickup or catch attempt.

Yet in the rules for throwing the ball in the rulebook, I don't see anything about this - it just says that a failed pass roll results in an inaccurate pass, a ball that fumbles 3 times from the square the pass was targeting rather than the thrower just flat out dropping the ball.

Am I missing something here?
>>
>>44123598
When you roll a one, it fumbles from your square, representing the player being a real butterfingered faggot and dropping the ball.

You just got really unlucky there.
>>
>>44123736

I thought it may have been something like that but I never spotted a general rule about rolling 1s when handling the ball.

I definitely get why making Pass a mandatory skill was a dumb idea now, though.
>>
>>44119233
>Most efficient murder
That's Slaanesh
>>
>>44123598
There are three outcomes to a passed ball:

Accurate you passed the mandatory dice roll the Ball lands exactly into the square you wanted it to land

Inaccurate you didn't pass the mandatory dice roll but you also didn't get a 1 after applying all of the modifiers. (For instance you have agi 3 and need to roll a plus +4 since it is a Quick Pass you get +1 on that roll. You roll the die and get a 2 +1 = 3 so you throw an inaccurate pass) The Ball scatters 3 squares away from the intended landing square.(this can result that the Ball lands in the original square)

Fumbl after applying modifiers you rolled a one the square scatters 1 square away from the thrower.(a reminder that a rolled 1 is always a fail no matter the modifiers)

You can see the rules for Fumble on page 22 in the LRB 6
>>
>>44118345
are these yours?
>>
File: Xv4kjEy.jpg (61 KB, 681x635) Image search: [Google]
Xv4kjEy.jpg
61 KB, 681x635
>30k winnings, wanna reroll?
>damn right I want to
>alright here's your 20k winnings
>>
what's the quickest way to make an orc team?
>>
>>44126881
you gotta practice man, that's the only way to get fast, time yourself each time you make a new orc team and compare your times, try to beat your times and you'll get there, you'll also build muscle memory so it'll be faster
>>
>>44126906
I know it's sarcastic but what?
>>
>>44126917
you asked for the quickest way to make an orc team
>>
>>44126932
I make stupid questions, I receive stupid answers. fair enough

anyway, what kit should I use? would they come out well using the wild orcs box set? I really dig the models
>>
>>44126990
what's your budget like?
>>
So my Chaos Team has one substitute Beastman, two rerolls and an apothecary and I'm at 90k gold. Should I buy another spare Beastman just in case or save up for another reroll?
>>
>>44127204
depends on your environment
>>
>>44127204
Get a re-roll, probably
>>
>>44126990

You'd probably be alright for some lightly armoured throwers and linemen from that box, but might struggle in making distinct Black Orcs and Blitzers. Maybe try to get one sprue of Black Orcs, use the bodies for Black Orcs of course, but use the bits to put some shoulder pads on your Blitzers or something.
>>
>>44127204
You don't need any spare beastmen. They are just going to bloat your team value and steal MVPs from players who you actually care about. It's not like chaos is prone to injuries and get beaten up that easily, so there will be many matches when you'll never even get use out of your substitutes. I would eventually consider one later if you're planning to use a piece with dirty player, but there's not much point in having more than 11 players if your team's just starting out which I assume it is as you only have 2 rerolls.
>>
File: Impact_Sarcos_Team_P17.jpg (242 KB, 756x782) Image search: [Google]
Impact_Sarcos_Team_P17.jpg
242 KB, 756x782
Just ordered a salt-water Sarcos team from Impact! for a Christmas present, about to get some Elves off Black Scorpion too, and might throw some Werewolves in the Reaper Bones later so I can turn my Khemri/Undead team into a Necromantic one some times.

If only I had a league to play in
>>
How are mvps deturmened? Like what is the actual dice mechanism to make it random?
>>
>>44127595
You roll eleven D11, divide by 11, multiply that by the number of players on the team, subtract the number of players on the opposing team then add the digits of the number until you get a number equal or less to the number of players then you pick the xth player counting from the end of the roster. This is a player that doesn't get MVP. Repeat until there's only one player that wasn't chosen.
>>
>>44127595
If using actual dice, roll a D12 or D20 and just re-roll if you roll too high.
>>
>>44127595

Just use a D16 if you have one, or a D20 ignoring 17 onwards obviously.

The original boardgame came with 16 tokens and you picked one at random.

If you only have d6, roll for top/bottom half of the roster, then roll in that half. Of course this is awkward if you have an odd number of players, or an even number that then splits into an odd number like 14 into 7.
>>
>>44111468

Soon?
>>
>>44128722
Soon
>>
>>44128783
Soon!
>>
>>44128873
Soon-ish?
>>
>>44129221
Maybe not last time he was.on was 2hrs ago.
>>
>>44129415
[rock throwing intensifies]
>>
>>44129415
Let's hope he shows up then.
>>
>>44100721
Jesus Christ, look at that kid's face. He is clearly some sort of mutant and mental defective.
>>
I assume there's not much you can do when you only get skulls and pushes but to try and minimise risk of what could happen if it fails?

On them matches where the other guy lands his one die pows and good chances of armour breaks, it's so tempting to concede cause you know its just one of them games. even if you win, great, let me just re buy all that I lost.
>>
humans vs amazons

https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=798061
>>
File: 18plrffdugl46jpg.jpg (21 KB, 259x286) Image search: [Google]
18plrffdugl46jpg.jpg
21 KB, 259x286
>those grindy games between two slow bashy teams that end with no SPP for either team
>>
>>44130828

Dwarf vs Dwarf mirror match.
>>
I just LOVE it when an AG 6 relf dodges into 4 tackle zones, picks up the ball there, does two normal dodges, 2 GFIs, hands of to another guy in a tackle zone who then passes to a witch elf in a tackle zone all without a reroll and when she tries to score she snake eyes her dodge.
>>
>>44130974
You only get so much bullshit before nuffle gets wise my friend.
>>
>>44129415
So I guess the game's postponed to tomorrow?
>>
How important is getting the second Witch Elf? I feel like I only need one since I'm not going to be blitzing more than once and it might be difficult to level her up since my team's no longer low TV and she's going to start with no skills compared to the rest of my team.
>>
>>44131237
Not sure yet. My opponent has yet to log back on and respond to my message. Hoping I will get an answer soon.
>>
>>44131248
I feel the order of purchases are this
start: 2rr, 4blitz, 6 linos, 1 runner
next: apoth s soon as you can
then: Witch
after: 3rd rr
finally witch 3
>>
>>44131304
*witch 2
>>
File: 1418332514129.jpg (54 KB, 535x462) Image search: [Google]
1418332514129.jpg
54 KB, 535x462
>>44131304
>witch 3
>>
>>44131304
Well I got leader on my runner since he's not doing anything else that's very useful and leveled up early so the only thing left to buy is the Witch Elf. The thing is I don't know if I need her and if she's going to be worth it for the 110 TV.
>>
>>44131280
Let's hope for the best then.
>>
>>44131353
I disagree with leader at first
with nerves of steel dumpoff becomes pretty useful for throwing off your oppostion into wasting a blitz
>>
>>44131379
But they never get to my runner if he's the ball carrier since I care to set up a defense around him because he is the easiest to injure in my team.
>>
>>44131353
She just puts another threat range on the board (and sidelines) as well as a spare ball hawk
When you spread out your "big threats" it forces the opp to have to chose one to focus

>>44131400
>But they never get to my runner if he's the ball carrier since I care to set up a defense around him because he is the easiest to injure in my team.
Once Upon a time I had a witch in a cage. she got killed by a skaven on 1db, I was a pillar of salt
>>
>>44131426
>Thinking cages are a good way to stop Skaven.
>>
So, Wood Elves.

Do you like, ever get to have all 11 players, or are they pretty much constantly dead?

I had four fatalities over 5 games, and even with some post season train up(IE, we were allowed to milk the computer until we got to 1350 TV), I'm still down 2 players, and haven't yet gotten to buy any rerolls.

I'm just curious if it gets any better.
>>
Tg what do yiu use dwarf blitzers for?how do you position them?i feel like i am wasting them,i just started using dwarfs and i just use them as linos,occasionally handing the ball to them or using their bonus movement.
I am going to read some guides,but would like to hear your opinions and tips.
>>
>>44131812
They're long beards with extra movement and no tackle. They can be emergency ball carriers. Not much else to them from my experience.
>>
>>44131598

Wood Elves, like all elf teams, have that problem. But Wood Elves especially, because AV7. You need to play very carefully, avoid any and all blocks if you can, rely heavily on zoning tactic, and pray to Nuffle you get a good couple of early matches to give you the winnings you need for a substitute or two.

Loners are ok as long as your more important players stay on their feet. If you keep getting wardancers knocked out or seriously injuried, it might be time to go green and recycle the team.
>>
>>44132788
>go green
>as wood elves
Heh.
>>
>>44131248
The second Witch Elf is generally there as a backup. Witch Elves tend to disappear fast; they're only AV7 but tend to be a priority target because of how dangerous Jump Up is.
>>
>>44132788
I actually had one of my dancers die, well, -1AG, so effective deaths

However, I ended up keeping the team because my other wardancer has +MV and +AG, my thrower managed strong arm, and my catcher got NoS, so it's been pretty crazy.
>>
File: 1392161138552.png (337 KB, 442x574) Image search: [Google]
1392161138552.png
337 KB, 442x574
>my Beastman with extra arms and +AG fails the pick up
>the Beastman next to him fails to catch it
>the Chaos Warrior next to that dude fails to catch it
>the human dude next in line in that clusterfuck fails to catch it
>the Ogre fucking catches it
This fucking game sometimes.
>>
>>44132788
>played the same wood elf coach twice in NAF on blood bowl 2
>in both games I fouled one of his war dancers to death
>>
>>44136042

He deserved it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.