[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weird Character Ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 12
File: Y SO CUTE.jpg (81 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Y SO CUTE.jpg
81 KB, 640x640
So, I'm sure I'm not the only one, but what weird characters have you come up with or run in D&D

One I talked over with my DM, but never got a chance to use was a character cursed with fertility.
One of his ancestors was sterile and longed for children, so they went to a witch, who used magic to make them fertile, but the twist was that him and all his kin would have to have a child every year after turning 16, or they would die.
The character in question would live in this massive, MASSIVE house thats filled with his family. Like just hundreds of nieces and nephews and aunts and uncles. Just a huge fucking family.
His goal would be to find a way to lift the curse.

Thats the first one that sticks out, what about you, /tg/?

Picture slightly related? Theres a child in it, I guess. I had it saved and have never used it for anything.
>>
I'm making a dare devil bard. He entertains people by building ramps and then launching himself off them in a cart.
>>
>>44082414
I like it. I like it a lot.
>>
File: nowtobed.png (745 KB, 1323x3136) Image search: [Google]
nowtobed.png
745 KB, 1323x3136
Holy necromancer With a holy skeletal minion wielding a paladin sword of smiting decked in holy plate armour...until he was melted.
>>
After playing with another player who managed to pull it off, I've wanted to make a successful merchant bard or rogue for awhile now. Like he goes traveling to find new markets or materials and ends up opening stores or businesses wherever the party wanders, and sets up caravans and trade routes in their travels. Probably not competent in combat, they'd pay for mercenaries or bodyguards to do the brunt of their fighting.

>"Oh we have to head to the Elf haven because a dragon stole their Queen? I hear they make marvelous craftworks of the finest magical wood, give me three days and I'll have us a caravan headed out that way, to show them the marvels of silk in exchange."
>>
>>44082586
Holy Terra anon
that was one of the best fucking stories I ever read. Thank you.
>>
File: ohgodno.jpg (201 KB, 1202x899) Image search: [Google]
ohgodno.jpg
201 KB, 1202x899
bump for more ideas
>>
File: 1405557430817.png (3 MB, 980x1280) Image search: [Google]
1405557430817.png
3 MB, 980x1280
I've been wanting to make a young wizard or scholarly type character that makes a living off of making, collecting, and selling magical items and trinkets. She/He travels with adventures very often and provides menial services and useful items that adventures often forget. Not strong in combat situations but does the best they can do to slow down foes.

Though I've been having a tough time figuring out how to fund the making of the magic items. They often cost way too much for our party to even consider pulling all our money together. Our Dm doesn't let the party have too much spending money.

Are there any cheap magic items that are extremely useful?

How can I reduce the cost/time of creating an item?

Dm only runs 3.5, PF, and 5e
>>
File: wideriver.png (644 KB, 781x1000) Image search: [Google]
wideriver.png
644 KB, 781x1000
I played Mitt Romney completely serious for two years in a long-term campaign. His name (Joseph Wideriver) was Joseph Smith combined with a loose translation of Romney, he was a middle-aged merchant turned to adventuring when he was beaten out for Guild Leader by Baruch, his sigil was an elephant and he named his ship that we stole from cultists the Urgotheoabane. He took on a life of his own and became my favorite but I gained an affection for Romney having just played the character.

Pic related, I commissioned this by just describing Romney and the type of armor Wideriver had without ever telling the artist to draw Romney. My descriptive skills and his adhering to description skills are both top-notch.
>>
File: ohgreat.jpg (1 MB, 1328x1110) Image search: [Google]
ohgreat.jpg
1 MB, 1328x1110
>>
A Swashbuckling Necromancer, with several dashes of Captain Kirk.

It was for an Exalted game, and I decided to put together a Abyssal who wasn't a total psycho. It was my first time playing a charisma monster. I was kind of a "good" bad guy, it was fun.

I forget which Deathlord we were serving, I think it might have been a home brew. My character kept on trying to defect to the Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears.
>>
>>44081544
I know the loli is from Papa no Daughter Harem but who's the dude?
>>
>>44082414
Brilliant
>>
>>44081544
That's retarded.
>>
I played a spoilt rich kid who once had orchestrated a life debt situation with an orc who was very traditioned. Very low rule game so I was actually allowed to play both granted I did not rule the group direction and also played both realistically. The kid was a ranger and would run, hide, and snipe. He always.claimed he was responsible for all kills. The orc was a barbarian. It was interesting until bbeg revealed that the kid orchestrated the life debt. Then the orc killed the boy and left the party.to their doom. Apparently everyibe had a bit of a planned exit because one of our party members revealed himself to to be working for the bbeg, and another was bought by the bbeg with a bribe... That workd descended into chaos needless to say.

It is speculated that kri'zanth later are the rich kids body...
>>
>>44082586
I just woke up the house with my laughter. My sides.
>>
>>44086492
Looks like Isaac Clark from Dead Space
>>
>>44081544
That's pretty realmy, desu.

I played a tiefling paladin who just wanted to help people and be nice. Total asskicker in melee, but he always tried diplomacy first. It was refreshing.
>>
File: 1448708282863.jpg (11 KB, 90x257) Image search: [Google]
1448708282863.jpg
11 KB, 90x257
A Necromancer who bring back the ghosts of famous bards and forces them to tour. While acting like some kinda agent for them.
"Hey kid you're pretty good. If you ever make it big let me know when you're dead! Here's my card."
>>
>>44086492
It's Isaac Clarke from the Dead Space video game series, and he is uncharacteristically happy in the picture.
>>
>>44082414
cast predigation midair for fireworks
>>
A Lawful Good Paladin that is unambiguously lawful and good and does unanbiguously lawful and good things.
>>
>>44089152
Does this include fucking bitches and/or getting money?
>>
File: 1447789332165.jpg (24 KB, 314x282) Image search: [Google]
1447789332165.jpg
24 KB, 314x282
Sorcerer who pretends to be a wizard.
Uses her charisma to act intelligent.
Pretends to read a spell book every morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEORcu91LU8
>>
I didn't read your post OP but what the fuck crossover is that image? How do even decide to draw those two characters together?
>>
>>44081544
>all his kin would have to have a child every year after turning 16, or they would die.
let's say the first guy got the curse at at least 50 and died 10 years later.
let's be pessimistic and say only half of the childrens survive and the offspring only make it to 26.
with theses bad numbers, the family grows by more than a power of five each generation (after the first 16 years have passed)
AND IN THIS CASE ONE YEAR IS A GENERATION
this is not a massive house, it's a country worth of people in about 100years.

Either a lot more than I said die because of starvation/obstetric problems/not giving in to the curse; either your character is part of a family based government.
since they
>>
File: playerandadjacent.jpg (409 KB, 1024x2810) Image search: [Google]
playerandadjacent.jpg
409 KB, 1024x2810
>>
I wanted to play a dwarven cleric that worshiped his beard.

I was in my randumb high school phase though.
>>
>>44089677
I have no idea. I saw it on Facebook once day, and thought 'they this is cute'

>>44089830
I never said it was a GOOD idea.
>>
>>44081544
NO ISSAC DON'T TRUST IT ITS A TRICK FROM THE MARKERS!
>>
I'm not a fantasyfag in the slightest, so whenever I play D&D I usually just mix archetypes from other genres into it. Last character I played was a recently divorced accountant going through the mother of midlife crises. It was part of the lead in to him adventuring with a random mercenary and the daughter of the gunsmith he used to sell drugs to (alchemy was mostly a side hobby, which is how I justified him being only rank 1 well into his forties).

Not exactly weird by most standards, but it's stuff like that I normally go for.
>>
>>44081544
I'm sure this one's a classic, but how about the psychotic fighter who thinks he's a wizard? Shouts 'I cast magic missile!' as he throws knives
>>
>>44081544
I want to play a female gnoll paladin who due to a mix of old tribal sin-eater beliefs, semi-misunderstood teachings of her new religon's stance on redemption, and fondness for eating carrion, has come to the conclusion that it's her paladiny duties to eat ALL the evil
>>
>>44082414
Bam Magera?
>>
>>44081544
I want to try playing an intelligent object, preferably something levels in a caster class able to cast still and silently or with levels in psion

Things happened and one of the other players is willing to let me play a panty psion worn by her barbarian, the DM is okay with this
I'm not sure I'm ready to go that far, though it could be fun
>>
>>44098880

Your DM is probably going to make a lot of bad KLK jokes
>>
>>44098947
>Your DM is probably going to make a lot of bad KLK jokes
...I hadn't actually thought of that, I know the babarian's player is a fan of that show, y'know what?
Fuck it, I'll be kamui, sounds like fun
>>
>>44086057
I have few words.
>>
>>44082414
>I'm making a dare devil bard. He entertains people by building ramps and then launching himself off them in a cart.

How does combat work? Do you actually still play music or does your whole kit change to fit the dare devil lifestyle and do super sick stunts while in combat.
>>
File: Stdonavan.png (171 KB, 1546x1250) Image search: [Google]
Stdonavan.png
171 KB, 1546x1250
>>44100772
Such as
>>
First game of 40K'verse TTRPG was Dark Heresy. Figure that as its my first time, I'll pick the least complicated role of 'beatstick'. Roll randomly for my features.
>blonde hair
>blue eyes
>muscular
Home world=primitive

Here's the thing, I was raised on these outdoor humor books and a favorite character of mine was an ornery hillbilly named Rancid Crabtree.

When I was told that Primitive world's were "Superstitous with ignorant and violent populaces" and then rolled my primitive quirk as "Dirt Ward" (never bathe, lest evil spirits track by scent), I heard banjos in my head and my fate was sealed.

Quark 'Shiv' Jarr, from the Imperium of Man's version of Kentucky, who was a cross between Fabio, Rambo, and Larry the Cable Guy.

He actually survived to the end of the campaign, having gotten a Heavy Stubber on the 2nd to last mission, which he named Martha.
>"Come give Martha a Kiss! Yee-Haw!!"
And yes, I spoke with a thick Hill-Billy drawl the entire time I was in character. It owned.
>taking at a Nobles house, get up to use the bathroom, come back with a confused expression and ask the Nobleman
>>"Scuse me sir, not to disparage your hi-falutin' ways, but why would y'all put a drinking fountain next to the toilet?"
>party dies laughing
After getting Martha, someone makes a joke about Quarl sleeping with her/it.
>"Hey now! Me and Martha ain't got that kinda relationship!"
>...
>...
>"She's a top."

While he was kidding, most of the group thinks that Quarl ended up a chosen of Nurgle after the campaign.
>>
File: qt gril make gaem.jpg (18 KB, 422x309) Image search: [Google]
qt gril make gaem.jpg
18 KB, 422x309
>>44081544
I just wanted to make a dwarf warrior dude that got himself a qt elven waifu, but cannot have sex with her because his dick is too huge.

He's on a quest to fix that in some way that isn't shrinking his own willy.
>>
File: prophecy.png (58 KB, 825x1057) Image search: [Google]
prophecy.png
58 KB, 825x1057
>>
Don't know if it was a 'quirky' character per se, but I had a lot of fun with him. A halfling Cleric for Milamal out of the Kingdoms of Kalamar book, which gives RIDICULOUS amounts of details on various faiths in Kalamar. My dude, the church of Mercy, Hope, Optimisim (You get the idea)
Problems
>HP= 1d6
>can only use blunt or non-lethal weapons, like nets
>NOT proficient in Medium or Heavy armor.
So, benefits?
>All Abjuration (healing) Magic counts as one spell level lower.
>add Wisdom modifier to damage healed with "Cure" spells.
Cure Light Wounds as a cantrip, with spells like Cure Poison/Disease/etc usable one spell level earlier than normal, plus the Mercy Domain gives the Cure Poison/Disease spells as Domain spells.

Feats for Metamagic (Ranged) and divine Metamagic later, and I am the halfling who can do a Macross Missle Spam with Healing magic.

Wait....Baneblade...
>"Ready to unleash 11 barrels of Health!"
...fuck y'all, I think that's funny.
>>
>>44103862
Brethren. How southern are you.
>>
>>44085604
Holy shit
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.