[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
card game vidya
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: hex+card+breakdown.jpg (147 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
hex+card+breakdown.jpg
147 KB, 960x960
How does /tg/ feel about Video Game Card Games

other than hearthstone since I already know what /tg/ says about hearthstone
>>
I enjoy me some Solforge. HS is to shallow and rng based.
>>
>>44080709
All the ones I've played either: Try way too hard to rape your wallet by sticking to the booster format or are dead. Leading me to the conclusion that people actively want their wallets to be raped.

Which runs counter to my expectations of playing a videogame. If I wanted to become poor in exchange for cards, i'd play an actual CCG in real life like a good goy.
>>
A lot of them commit the sin of having you "level up" your cards. I remember infinity wars being fun, if repetitive
>>
>>44080802
Still running on pretty much the same launch card pool.
>>
>>44080788
>Leading me to the conclusion that people actively want their wallets to be raped.

what else could cause Magic's 2nd market to form
>>
>>44080830
Well that kills any desire I had to pick it up again
>>
>>44080752
But solforge is power creep incarnate...
>>
>>44080709
I still waiting for that campaign mode
>>
>>44080788
Folowing this point.
I wonder why no game tried to follow the structure of an LCG on a digital game.
>>
>>44080709
Card Hunters is the only correct answer.
>>
>>44080709
The Heroes of Might and Magic (or whatever it's called; Champions or something) card game spinoff seems to be pretty solid without much jewry.
>>
Solforge is purty gud.

Infinity wars was good in the past but the balance went to shit with star trek.

Might and magic is hardcore but completely unbalamced.

the dungeon and dragons themed one with the pizza as currency was actually good.

altiel funded pearl harbor
>>
>>44080788
>people actively want their wallets raped

No, they're just easily manipulated due to ignorance and lack of impulse control. Phishing, carnival money, freemium skinner boxes, and, of course, booster packs: these rip-off scam formulas work like a charm over and over again throughout the decades because, despite the internet, we don't share collective wisdom, just collective access to information. I doubt the fraction of intelligent consumers among the populace of first world countries is higher than 1%.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.