[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm currently creating a low-powered homebrew game and setting.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: weird alchemist dude.png (2 MB, 1500x2100) Image search: [Google]
weird alchemist dude.png
2 MB, 1500x2100
I'm currently creating a low-powered homebrew game and setting.

Give me some ideas for what alchemists, especially low level ones, can create. Really weak and situational shit preferred, no healing potions please.
>>
>>44080544
I would go the route of pseudo-apothecary-medicine.
Instead of pills and syringes just make potions and stuff which increases physical or mental capabilities and does similar effects to modern medicine.
>>
File: LT chemistry.png (358 KB, 728x1432) Image search: [Google]
LT chemistry.png
358 KB, 728x1432
>>44080544
1/2
>>
File: LT combustibles.png (122 KB, 376x772) Image search: [Google]
LT combustibles.png
122 KB, 376x772
>>44080719
2/2
>>
>>44080719
>>44080773

Thanks.

Anyone else?
>>
File: Herbalism.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Herbalism.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
File: The Poisoners Handbook.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
The Poisoners Handbook.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>44080544
I'm doing similiar. About those healing potions, I just make mine have such a brutal side effect that people will actually argue with their party that no, they don't want to use the potion just to help the party out and die faster.
>>
How the hell should one do reagents?

It's like you have the specific ingredients method, like each potion requires X and Y, which keeps tye potion making mystical and hard but that requires some bookkeeping.

Then you have the Elder Scrolls method where each ingredient can be used to make potions, but that requires even more bookkeeping.

The only other method I can think of is a heavily abstracted system but that takes some if the fun out of it.

So how to do alchemy ingredients and reagents?
>>
>>44080544
>Meridian Crystals
Special crystals attached to needles are permanently embedded into the body at key meridian points. These crystals expand and contract in response to fluctuations in the body's humours. As the crystals expand, the needles press in deeper. As the crystals contract, the needles release pressure.
This alchemical augmentation helps to regulate the body's flow of energy.
>>
>>44083363

bumping for this.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.