[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know how every Star Trek crew has some weird alien? I think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: star-trek-tng.jpg (53 KB, 655x485) Image search: [Google]
star-trek-tng.jpg
53 KB, 655x485
You know how every Star Trek crew has some weird alien? I think inns in fantasy role-playing games should do something similar. Every inn should have a strange non-human barmaid.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 640x761) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 640x761
>>44076072
Like elves?
>>
>>44076072
I can get behind this, though you have to be prepared for the possibility the player characters are going to hit on them so it might not be for everyone.
>>
>>44076072
>every inn should
I'm not a fan of making ever instance of something in my fantasy settings uniform. I don't really want to play in a lazily copy-and-pasted world.
>>
>>44076188
Maybe instead of having an exotic barmaid, every inn and tavern tries to have something, anything unique about it that it can advertise and use to draw in visitors from other towns.
>>
>>44076188
>>44076250
Not OP, but I think a crowded inn should always have one too.

A Lizardman chef trying out and experimenting with new meats and spices.

The Half-Elf bartender trying to pay tuition to 9 Winds Community College.

Kobolds busily taking food and drink around the buffet cart.

Dwarves poets playing illegal songs.

Pick just one at a time, etch.
>>
>>44076072

ST:TNG in D&D terms, that's just a half-orc, a half-elf, and a warforged made by humans. Exotic is an aboleth, a treant, something like that. Something humans can't really relate to/mate with normally.
>>
File: holy_corsetry_by_noxychan.jpg (157 KB, 535x700) Image search: [Google]
holy_corsetry_by_noxychan.jpg
157 KB, 535x700
>>
>>44076072
I always got Tiny the orc with a thyroid issue. He's the bars bouncer and resident multi planar organism as he's in every bar, tavern, inn, etc in all my settings. Even multiple on the same plane. You best not be messing around in his god damn bar either. Oooo, boy! Lemme tell you bout this big mother. You get rowdy with some patrons or make a ruckus? You bet your sweet ass he'll lug his hulking 8' something 500lbs. of muscle ass over there and ask you to kindly leave the premises or else he'll have to get management like no other. Yeah you heard him. What you gonna do about it? He's already half way to the owners office, you're fucked.
>>
File: CestreeBarmaid.png (96 KB, 578x770) Image search: [Google]
CestreeBarmaid.png
96 KB, 578x770
>Every inn should have a strange non-human barmaid.

Succubus barmaid, or Mermaid-in-a-Barrel bartender?
>>
>>44076553
You got their job titles mixed up.
>>
That's not a nice way to refer to Whoopi Goldberg
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 500x281
>>44076553
I like the idea of a mermaid in a barrel bartender a little better.

She always dreamt of going ashore and exploring the world of the land-walkers, but not being a particularly smart lass she hadn't anticipated how hard or expensive land-travel would be for someone with a tail and no legs who has to stay wet all the time.

Her great adventure never got any further than the old tavern on the quay, but she refuses to go back to her watery home and has taken a job tending bar at the Blackfish, asking every traveler that passes through for stories of their adventures while she tries to save up for some sort of magic item that will finally allow her to explore the woe herself.
>>
>>44076072
Hey, I wouldn't complain if every bar had a qt kobold barmaid.

I think the only people that would complain about it are people with shit taste.
>>
>>44076296
Worf is full Orc raised by humans
>>
File: image.jpg (180 KB, 636x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180 KB, 636x900
I'll bump this thread once for the possibility of more discussion of inns, taverns, bars.

Barmaids are of course fine too.
>>
Sometimes I think they greatest challenge an adventurer can face, one few overcome, is the attractive barmaid.
>>
>>44076145
>though you have to be prepared for the possibility
You mean the certainty? Knowing my group it's going to happen.
>>
>>44076296
Wesley was an Aasimar or some shit, too
>>
>>44080834
I mean, really all you have to worry about are those groups where some of the players might want to make a pass at the giant talking praying mantis, and where some of the other players are going to think that's really weird for some unknowable reason.
>>
>>44080070
She's what... a CR 1/2? 1/4?

A first level character could solo that easily.
>>
>>44082715
He means wooing her into bed, I'm sure, but enough adventurers are the cool, charismatic type that I still doubt it's that big a deal.
>>
>>44082840
I could make an Arrow to Knee joke here...

He's talking about them getting too involved with the locals and settling down.
>>
>>44076072
You know how every day on /tg/ there are some weird shitposts? I think posts on /tg/ should do something similar. Every post should have a loser for an OP like this one.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.