[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Breakable Cards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
Is there a deck in any format that can potentially break this, or should I just trade it away now?

Also Thread about potentially breakable cards I guess.
>>
Its a cheap hand refill for control decks.
>>
>>44075742
Foil version is really really pretty
>>
>>44075742
Potentially...
It would have to be some sort of weird brew.
Playing it in a flash heavy deck (Clique and Snap tempo?) Would aliviate the drawback.
Additionally Notion Theif and Leyline of Anticipation could turn into a finisher or a... exile the card they're playing at the end of your turn psuedocounter spell.

It's mostly a casual card, but some inane brewer may do something with it.
It probably won't ever be worth more than the EDH inflation though.

But I'm wrong more and more these days, so do whatever you want.
>>
I've seen affinity attempt to run it, but it just lets the opponent get more answers more often than not. I kind of like it in burn out of the sideboard for grindy matchups. But it requires a blue splash, which is tough.

It's probably good in Burning Wish combo decks as a way to refill after being thoughtseized or otherwise countered a bunch.

As for breaking it? It would need to be instant speed or otherwise prevent your opponent from drawing the cards.
>>
maybe useful in burn as the last card in your hand?
>>
>>44075742
thats not half bad for a control deck, if you were forced to blast your way through most of your hand in lets say two headed giant because your pal had a bad draw/is worthless then playing this could save your ass
>>
>>44076023
>>44075974

Eh, I don't like it in Burn. Not that it would be hard to splash Blue in (people were already doing it for Treasure Cruise), but 3 mana is Harsh on Burn since its the most that you're likely going to get for a game. Still probably worth testing out though.
>>
If your deck revolves around emptying your hand as fast as possible, this is a good card and will put you ahead.
>>
>>44075742
its pretty good in standard if you run it in a sphinx's tutelage deck.
>>
>>44075742
I built a casual standard deck based on molten vortex that uses this and treasure cruise to draw as many lands as possible.
>>
>>44075742
Could be really useful in a R/U Burn deck. Assuming you fill your deck with lots of 1-3 mana burn spells and minimal land, you could reasonably dump your hand in the first 2-3 turns, then 'reload' it with Day's Undoing and burn them out again. Giving your opponent cards isn't nearly as big a drawback if your curve is low enough to dump your hand quickly and efficiently.
>>
>>44076625
That doesn't actually work. Any abilities that trigger before the "end the turn" process begins will not be put on the stack and will cease to exist.
>>
>>44076570
The idea is that you play it out of the sideboard specifically in matchups where the game will go long. So hypothetically the mana shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>44077870
I guess he means that once you have your Tutaleges out you just use Day's Undoing to refill your hand.
>>
Notion thief
>>
It's sideboardable in Delver for the Jund/Junk matchup and against some control decks in Modern. If it resolves, you get a hand full of threats and reach you can deploy quickly and they get more expensive answers they can't deploy fast enough.
>>
>>44078677
Also worth noting is that it can be pitched to Disrupting Shoal against Twin. The people who I saw running it say it's worth it to board it in, but I'd rather not draw them into combo pieces.
>>
>>44077870
The triggers do get put on the stack, they just fizzle because the card ends your turn before they have a chance to resolve
>>
>>44080438
The triggers do not get placed on the stack. Triggers do not go on the stack while a spell or ability is in the middle of resolving.
>>
>>44080438
>>44080480
To be specific, abilities that trigger are not put on the stack until a player would receive priority. For the case of Day's Undoing, abilities that trigger from the card drawing are not placed on the stack and cease to exist because of the rules for ending the turn.
>>
File: heartless-summoning.jpg (62 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
heartless-summoning.jpg
62 KB, 480x680
I feel like this card is extremely breakable. There is already a turn 2 win combo with it.
>>
>>44075742
I have it in foil, looks nice and thats about it
>>
>>44076650
>molten vortex
mah nugget

>>44078711
Wait, you're going to counter Exarch? Not Twin?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.