[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warmahordes General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 9
File: WMDDec6.jpg (949 KB, 1488x1020) Image search: [Google]
WMDDec6.jpg
949 KB, 1488x1020
la RĂ©sistance edition

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
>textuploader <DOT> com / 5rkfo
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
> https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
> https://www.forwardkommander.com
>http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
> http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Aug%202015.pdf
Steamroller Rules
> http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
> http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
> http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issu
Your Dudes
>http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-2-3-2014
Abridged Lore
>gargantuans abridged: http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
>hordes abridged: http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
>abridged devastation: http://pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj

Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
>http://ironkingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
>>44074348
>warmachine tactics

>it ISNT a vidya translation of the normal game

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>44074367
Probably for the same reason Dawn of War was not a vidya translation of 40k and Total War: Warhammer will not be a vidya translation of WFB.
>>
>>44074348
So can someone give me a competetive Ashlynn list? At least as competetive as it's possible with her and Mercenaries. Preferably a tier list.
>>
>>44074414
but those 2 are RTS, they take place in real time.

Tactics is a turn based game

like bloodbowl, like space hulk

so instead of a vidya translation of warmachine, we get a Subpar turn based game that has little to do with Warmahordes.

plus Dawn of War (even Dawn of War 2) are mostly beloved games. Tactics is pretty much shat upon. A better comparison would be Regicide, that horrible mess of Chess and 40k.
>>
>>44074525
>Competitive
>Tier list
You're going to have to pick one. Basically you take a pile of guns, solos and other good stuff.

Ashlynn D'Elyse - WJ: +6
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker
- Rocinante - PC: 9

Alexia, Mistress of the Witchfire - PC: 4
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution - PC: 3
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist - PC: 2
Gastone Crosse - PC: 3
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - PC: 2
Taryn di la Rovissi, Llaelese Gun Mage - PC: 2

Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 6
- Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer - Officer 2
Greygore Boomhowler & Co. - Boomhowler and 9 Grunts: 9
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lady Aiyana & Master Holt: 4
Horgenhold Forge Guard - Leader & 9 Grunts: 8
>>
>>44074835
Something like this?

Ashlynn d'Elyse (*6pts)
* Vanguard (5pts)
* Vanguard (5pts)
Arcane Tempest Gun Mages (Leader and 5 Grunts) (6pts)
* Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer (0pts)
* * Mule (8pts)
* Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer (2pts)
* * Mule (8pts)
Precursor Knights (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Precursor Knight Officer & Standard (2pts)
Anastasia di Bray (2pts)
Harlan Versh (2pts)
Taryn di la Rovissi (2pts)
>>
File: ashlynn.png (1 MB, 632x852) Image search: [Google]
ashlynn.png
1 MB, 632x852
>>44074835
>>44074525
Meant to add that the list is pretty easy to change and flavor to taste with whatever solos or units you want. For example, if you want to be more shooty and mess tarpity you could drop Boomhowler and a solo and take Nyss Hunters and Reinholt.

The only thing that should always be in her lists are gun mages and maybe Sylys. Anything else is changeable
>>
>>44074958
So this is a fun list but it lacks hiting power. Knights are good but slow and with no pathfinder. Two units of gunmages is great but marshaled mules just don't kill things in practice.

The list is super cute and a lot of fun, but not super competitive unless your meta is nothing but light infantry and no terrain
>>
D E A D G A M E
E
A
D
B
U
M
P
>>
>>44075562
Why bother? This game is shit, let it die
>>
>>44075562
You're confusing Warmachine with Warhammer.
>>
dire troll mauler extreme is $25 on mini market, 3 left.

If anyone even cares about trolls.
>>
>>44075562
Every thread
>If I say it enough it'll come true
>>
I was looking at getting into cryx because they've got cool zombies and spider warjacks, what should I buy/how do they play? I've got $150 to spend if that helps.
>>
>>44077256
Asphyxious 1
Bane Thralls plus their unit attachment
Deathrippers (I think they are 2 in a box)
Bile Thralls
Maybe the withershadow combine
Maybe a box of Micanithralls
>>
>>44077256
The battle box is not a bad place to start for cryx. Everything but the heavy Jack is useful down the road, and you can get the battle box cheaper than buying just the good stuff it contains. From there pick a unit that strikes your fancy. PDenegra makes everything good so it's hard to go wrong. The only things to avoid in cryx is incopreal units, heavy jacks, and cephelyx. Even those have a place once you start exploring the faction more, but are hard to make work at the start.
>>
File: 1428921721031.jpg (2 MB, 1574x1012) Image search: [Google]
1428921721031.jpg
2 MB, 1574x1012
This thread is now a Merc thread. Fuck main factions

Fiona the Black - WJ: +6
- Galleon - PC: 18

Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - PC: 2
Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile - PC: 2

Kayazy Assassins - Mercenaries - Leader & 9 Grunts: 8
- Kayazy Assassin Underboss - Mercenaries - PC: 2
Kayazy Eliminators - Mercenaries - Leader & Grunt: 3
Kayazy Eliminators - Mercenaries - Leader & Grunt: 3
The Devil's Shadow Mutineers - Mar, Morland, & Zira: 4
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters - Cylena & 9 Grunts: 10
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lady Aiyana & Master Holt: 4
>>
>>44078072

minions too right?

i'm of the opinion that if the blindwalkers animus was anything but range self it would be an auto include with almost everyone. as it is it is an arcnode that can't run and hates being on the front lines. it even has back line defender abilities. I guess it's good if you want and extra 5 or six ince range on a spell...
>>
>>44078264
>minions too right?
Sure, why not
>>
are there any blindwater casters to avoid? I've hear calaban is used less often than the others
>>
>>44078264
I think its only "good" in caliban or cryx (untill inflicter)
>>
>>44079338

I can't imagine cryx using it. theye'd have to take wrong eye too wouldn't they? that would kind of negate the whole arcnode thing
>>
>>44079371
Snapjaw is arguably the best heavy in cryx, and who cares about the arc node? Its a heavy with shieldgaurd. Park it next to D3/Terminus/Venethrax (maybe) and watch it survive several turns of shooting
>>
>>44079443
shit it makes Barts 'fuck you i have a galleon' list even MORE powerful
>>
>>44079483
So WESJ, bullsnapper and a blindwalker? Poor wrong eye is going to be strapped for fury support
>>
>>44079879
he's ALWAYS strapped though, doesn't change anything to add something that won't be generating that much in the list
>>
got a 35 point tourney coming up

rate my lists please?

Forge Master Syntherion (*6pts) tier 4
* Corollary (3pts)
* Diffuser (3pts)
* Diffuser (3pts)
* Galvanizer (0pts)
* Modulator (6pts)
* Prime Axiom (19pts)
Optifex Directive (Leader and 2 Grunts) (2pts)
Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex (1pts)

Iron Mother Directrix & Exponent Servitors (*4pts)
* Corollary (3pts)
* Diffuser (3pts)
* Assimilator (8pts)
* Cipher (9pts)
Obstructors (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Accretion Servitors (1pts)
Attunement Servitors (2pts)
Elimination Servitors (2pts)
Elimination Servitors (2pts)
>>
>>44080338

>>44080338

mother loves her tier 4 and syntherion doesn't need the PA in his

trade the cipher, the obstructors, and the ADO for a PA and trade syntherions PA for a cipher, an inverter and some atunement servitors
>>
>>44074348
So, in my Iron Kingdoms campaign, I had my players go up against a Deathless. Upon defeating him, to my lack of surprise, one of them decided to take his sword. It's said that if a living character uses the sword, they'll lose one 1 Willpower point per day and hear the whispers of the Deathless' spirit in their mind. Once their Willpower reaches 0, the Deathless then possesses the body of the wielder.

The player is aware of the first two details, but not the third, as it's not something that can really be told through evidence yet, and I don't want to tell him outright, although I've implied something bad happens. I already know how I can reveal it in-character to him, but he brought up an interesting hook, I think, on how to stave-off the Willpower drain, which is that he has to kill something every now-and-then.

I think that could be a neat mechanic, but I want to do a little more to make it more interesting. The problem is, I don't know what. His character is essentially an incredibly simple-minded Trollkin, so I think the Deathless whispering into his mind could cause some interesting roleplay within the group dynamic, but I'm not sure what else beyond that.

Maybe do a sorta Highlander thing where for each Orgoth thing he kills, or powerful undead, or something, the sword gets more powerful, or has a temporary boost, but at a cost of some kind.
>>
>>44080543
that math doesn't work... I would need to take out 3 more points to fit the axiom into mother's list, I can't take anything else out though besides the accretion servitor. I need the assimilator to deal with stealth, the diffuser to increase my threat range and help my servitors hit my backlash target, and if I drop a group of servitors or the directive, I wont get tier 4 anyway
>>
>>44074613
Tactics is actually shit because they took too much from tabletop.

There were infinitely better way to make the game better, but from the ground up chose terrible boring options designed to make the game drag.

Seriously, all they had to do was copypasta valkyria chronicles and the game would be passable and still encompassed the tabletop's essence.

Instead they chose to make a turn based thing with really tiny grids that may as well just be free movement. Wounds are inflated so combat is longer and pointless animation that drags everything out.
>>
>>44079317
Calaban.
>>
>>44081249
>>Tactics is actually shit because they took too much from tabletop.

no .. it's shit because:

#1 horrbly coded (crash to desktop alot, horrible action cam
#2 such bad coding could not get alot of tabletop mechancis right (self sacrafice)
#3 Incomplete as fuck (even with alot of bugs fixed it wassn't untill recently that inbetween scenario scenes were voiced over.. AND THEY ARE NOT EVEN PROPERLY ANIMATED YET
>>
>>44081408
It's bad from the core concept. I'm not saying that the coding is good, I'm saying that it's bad conceptually.
>>
>>44080649
A Deathless sword should be it's own reward really, if anything trying to focus on a way of using it outside of role-play opportunities should be mechanical disadvantages rather than giving some bonuses for doing the Bad And Stupid Thing.

the best option i can think of is that sure, killing something means no roll, but it gives you a negative modifier on the roll when you DO make it. Suddenly he's now stuck having to kill something as often as possible to stave off the roll he knows is going to do SOMETHING and hey! didn't those deathless whispers say something about a camp of people that probably did something wrong sometime? better hurry up though, times running out.
>>
>>44081676
Whats a Deathless
>>
>>44081676
Yeah, you do bring up some good points. It should be primarily roleplay-driven rather than mechanically. I still have a week to think it over.

>>44082043
Undead Orgoth overlords who have sat around in the remains of their old strongholds under the belief that everything is as it was in their life.
>>
>>44082466
it's a good idea to want to integrate it mechanically! all the game is after all is a mechanical shell for storytelling, i would just hesitate to use a Carrot in a scenario where you could be seen to be encouraging the guy to ruin/kill his character instead of making it about how everything natural is telling him to put it down.

The alternative is he sees it as inducement at best and feels you bribed him into taking that chance at worst. If you wanted to make it more orgorth flavored you could have it act as an orgoth doom magnet, or worse have anyone with an orgoth weapon give you a wide berth as they can sense the sword and REALLY don't want any of that action depending on how the campaign is structured so far.
>>
>>44082578
>i would just hesitate to use a Carrot in a scenario where you could be seen to be encouraging the guy to ruin/kill his character instead of making it about how everything natural is telling him to put it down.

> If you wanted to make it more orgorth flavored you could have it act as an orgoth doom magnet

Excellent points. My campaign is actually going to involve heavy-Orgoth stuff down the road, which is part of the reason why I want to do something with it, at least for the time being.

--Oh, like maybe have the sword be the key to a major plot milestone I have planned. Have the party unknowingly carrying around a Chekhov's Gun that triggers the harbinger of doom.--

They're on their way to meet another Deathless, who is linked to the first via an ancient family line, and I was thinking having her reveal in ambient dialogue to another NPC that the sword contains the soul of her cousin, and muses that he'll be among the living again soon if the Trollkin isn't careful, but I think I'm pretty sold on the above idea, and that could cause him to toss it away and ruin it.
>>
>>44082466
Oh thats hilarious. I feel like thats a fun future Cryx party hook
>>
>>44078072
Fiona is delicious thamarite goodness, and I approve of this list. Not sold with the galleon with her 100% of the time, but its good enough that I wouldn't argue with anyone putting it in her list.
>>
No one talks about gorten any more. HERE"S MY GORTEN LIST.

Faction: Four Star Syndicate
Casters: 1/1
Gorten Grundback (*7pts)
* Ghordson Earthbreaker (19pts)
Alexia Ciannor & the Risen (Alexia and 9 Risen Grunts) (5pts)
Kayazy Assassins (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Kayazy Assassin Underboss (2pts)
Kayazy Eliminators (Leader and Grunt) (3pts)
Press Gangers (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Press Gangers (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
First Mate Hawk (2pts)
Ragman (2pts)
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord (2pts)
Thor Steinhammer (2pts)
>>
>>44079371
>>44079443
>>44079483
>>44079879
>>44079920
Just take a Bokur.
>>
>>44084262
Speaking of Feona, what would you want the next Thamarite warcaster to be like? Another dedicated mage? Someone like Acosta?
>>
>>44084502
Could be literally anything. Most Merc casters would pass as thamarites already if you just added "is a bit of a jerk" to their list of character traits.
>>
>>44084450
but muh new shiny
>>
>>44084502
>>44084620
Last stand on the spell list.

imagine Alexia
>>
>>44085230

>that's OUR spell slave scum!
>>
>>44085230
i just jizzed a bit. I mean, putting primed on alexia comes close to achieving the same thing, but there was always the skornergy of putting alexia in your durgen list when your other dudes were getting RFPed by your own spell. Outside of Alexia, last stand would be somewhat interesting on halberdiers I guess.
>>
>>44084450
Mine always gets oneshot
>>
>>44086279
take two bokurs.
>>
>>44086380
at that point, for one more point you just take the new shieldguard heavy
>>
Does anyone here actually care about or enjoy the lore?
I feel that this game's setting is by riddled with people who are only in it for the game or are still stuck in their "Not 40K, don't care phase."
>>
File: butchersmall.png (285 KB, 520x557) Image search: [Google]
butchersmall.png
285 KB, 520x557
>>44086461
background's interesting. Actual fluff is god awful.

I find it sad and amusing that the only compelling character in the narrative for both 40k and wm is a murder addicted retard.
>>
>>44086395
>you just take the new shieldguard heavy
>implying PP isn't too busy thinking of a tier list to sell blighted archers to actually make the cryx shieldguard heavy
>>
>>44086599
>Actual fluff is god awful.
Do you mean the writing or the actual storelines?
>>
>>44080338
>>44080543
>>44080716
Let's see.

I generally agree that Synth doesn't need the PA for his lists. It's nice to have, but he has a lot of problems protecting it, and he benefits so much from jack spam. Not to say you can't run it with him, just that you don't need too. At 35 points it's not as huge of a deal, of course, you just need to be proactive about removing enemy jack stuff.

As for the Mother list, first, you don't really need the Assy for stealth removal. Mother's Arc Node tricks generally let her arc onto stealth infantry anyways. Running her tier at 35 points is silly though, not enough leeway.

But let's real talk, first off.

First of all, Backlash is a trap spell. Don't try and be cute and kill someone with it. You lack the amount of attacks to actually make it work, and you're almost always better off casting SS or using the focus to boost her gun.

With that in mind, I'd drop those two units of Elimination Servitors, the Accretion Servitors and the ADO and add yourself two Engima foundries. That way, you can keep that unit of Obstructors on the table all game.

I'd personally trade the Cipher for a Monitor. Cipher's gun is alright, but it doesn't super benefit from Mother's feat. Monitor, however, can nail an Eyriss/Gorman/problem solo on feat turn at RNG15 and RAT8, and will do find in melee.
>>
>>44074367
I'd be more concerned with it being a piece of shit.
>>
>>44086461
I find the core stuff, like the gods, to be interesting enough. Morrow, Thamar, Menoth, Devourer Wurm, thats all well and good. The writing is horrendous though. Its the only time I've read a published work and thought, 'jesus, I could have written better than this'
>>
>>44086695
kinda both at this point.

Mk 1, stuff actually happened. Mk2 fluff is just pointless meandering
>>
>>44074367
Because why play the tabletop you could just play the videogame (the reason why is model sales...)
>>
>>44075562
>>44075728

And how exactly would Warmachine be dead?

Expecially considering how deep their main competitor for fantasy, GW, has dug themselves into the mud.

And don't mention unispired-copy-of-WHFB-without-what-made-WHFB-interesting Mantic, please.
>>
>>44074348
Is that game even any good?
>>
>>44087392
>Missing the point of tabletop miniature games like only a Stormtrooper could
>>
>>44088212
What, Tactics? Fuck no, it's a clunky piece of ass.
>>
How noobfriendly is the Iron Kingdoms RPG?
I don't really play WMH anymore but I enjoy the lore and I'd like to put some models to use.
>>
>>44088669

It's pretty straightforward. Combat works more-or-less like the wargame, out of combat it's pretty simple.

It definitely fits a more pulpy sort of style, but there's nothing wrong with that, especially for newer RPers.
>>
Anyone having info on the release schedule for the upcoming RPG products?
>>
>>44088974
There's a free Skorne Empire supplement coming out very soon.
Zu is reportedly in the works as well as a n Urban Adventure like treatment for Unleashed.
I really want a book for Rhul, Ios, and Cryx.
>>
File: 1436630885223.jpg (57 KB, 350x534) Image search: [Google]
1436630885223.jpg
57 KB, 350x534
>>44086461
Lore in general is crap, background is great. That's what fucking happens when the story has to serve a model release schedule. Devastation handled the spinning plates better than i would have expected though, a nice "hey these guys still exist" given the trolls had nothing to do the last few books but wander around and complain, people buttmad it isn't the Skorne and Legion edge train hopefully aren't tainting an actual effort to tie up some plot points and create stakes in a scenario where no tabletop characters are allowed to die.

TL;DR plots been shit, some signs of life are encouraging though
>>
>>44089214
i should add, even though 90% of it isn't actually very good i DO enjoy the lore but I'm coming from comic books, about the only place where there are MORE mary sues and resurrections. From my perspective people saying the lore is shit tier sound like the people who complain the game is unbalanced because one edge case specialised list can beat another, different one.
>>
>>44086461
not sure what people are comparing it to when they say it's shit i mean have you fuckers actually READ conan before?
>>
Can dorfs worship Cyriss?
>>
>>44089323
Scientists can, mostly by finding something important enough that the church and cult take an interest. but Rhulfolk have no scientists at all do they? just are just really good craftsmen, they even got cortex designs and blasting powder from humans.

I suppose a naturalised Dwarf outside the Rhulic conclaves that took an interest in actual discovery might want to, but why bother otherwise when your own gods ask much less and offer community in a culture that values that above most anything else.
>>
>>44086461
Like most players I like the setting, but don't care about the stories. And in all honesty, if you care about the fluff you're best off just making your own stories, either by playing campaigns or by getting an RPG group going. As with most wargames I guess.
>>
>>44088257
Well thats disappointing
>>
>>44074367
it is actually only thing diferent is it uses a grid and troops move indervidually but they add a group attack" move to simulate how it would be in the tabletop. literally it is the closest to the table top they could do with their engine .. as far as I think its the same. its really a lot closer than you think just obviously the table top players will say its worse because it requires no effort.. its a great game and literaly 95% like the table top while dawn of war is like 5% like the table top
>>
>>44086461
I like the fluff, I wish there was more, and I want cryx to get the damn anthac already.

>>44086599
I think denny is compelling, and I like gaspy, tho hes been a bit MIA in mk2
>>
Tired off my old Gorten 4star list so now I am trying him out in highborne.
System: Warmachine
Faction: Highborn Covenant
Casters: 1/1
Gorten Grundback (*7pts)
* Ghordson Earthbreaker (19pts)
* Sylys Wyshnalyrr, the Seeker (2pts)
* Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer (2pts)
Greygore Boomhowler & Co. (Boomhowler and 9 Grunts) (9pts)
Steelhead Halberdiers (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Steelhead Heavy Cavalry (Leader and 2 Grunts) (6pts)
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution (3pts)
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord (2pts)
Thor Steinhammer (2pts)
I have only played it 6-7 times but it has performed rather well.
I have played against Goreshade3, eThags, eVayl and Haley 3.
>>
>>44089323
Anyone can
>>
>>44088181
>If I don't post dead game, and generate rage posts, this thread would die within the day it's made.

>Don't mention the game that all the WHFB folk gravitated towards because WMH will never satisfy the itch that WHFB scratched.

Well if you stack it like that...of course everything seems great!

...but seriously. The games not dead, but its not exactly thriving either. Minis games this long established have such a high learning curve that getting new people in is intimidating, not to mention maintaining that knowledge once you do have it.

The people that played WHFB are looking for an experience that WMH does not provide.

I don't want MTG the Minis game in my rank and file WHFB dorfs. I don't want to lose hair over whether or not my list is meta enough just to play casually when I have to paint that many troops.

I don't like to play against the grey legion that so many WMH players are want to do.

And finally

I fookin love this game and I want to see it thrive and grow to the point that my kids can inherit my thousands of dollars worth of stuff. It's probably the most mentally stimulating game on the market short of guild ball. My gripes aside, I still really love Warmahordes and hope that it does better and survives whatever lull its going through right now.
>>
>>44090757
There's nothing compelling about Denny. All she does is basically be a sycophant to Gaspy and Gaspy talks in a retarded way that no one else does and is doing stuff that has is of no consequence.

Gaspy went to epic form by killing his boss, stabbing jesus and opening a portal to god realm. He went to his third form by turning a stick into a sword.

Denny got her dragon thing from... somewhere? It just comes out of the blue and she flies off on it. REALLY compelling stuff there.
>>
>>44086461
The fluff is passable if you can tolerate cheesy writing.

MK2 has been slowed to a crawl though and its not even the good kind of cheesy anymore.

And yes, the people that play this game do not give two shits about the fluff or the flavor of the game more often than not.

That's why if it were the only game I played I would go insane. The amount of "beep boop" no banter.exe players is pretty high, and finding a good humored player is a huge breath of fresh air.

The ones that are in it for "not 40K" only stuck around for a short while though, usually they are very fun to converse with at the very least :(
>>
>>44091305
Denny3 is only a thing because they had an idea for Haley3, and needed them to go up together.
>>
>>44091293
>whatever lull its going through right now
Probably the end of the US convention season.
>>
>>44091375
Again, not compelling.
>>
>>44091389
I know, it's saying why it was so out of left field.

They had an actual reason(and hell, one of the better triple epic reasons) for Haley to level up again, but then they went "Wait, Denny needs to go up as well."

And then they were like "Fuck it, put in a line about her jumping on a a dragon. Cryx players need a huge based caster, it's not like those aren't terrible."
>>
So I've had a Mammoth for a while, but only just put it together. What are the best casters to use it with? What models are needed to support it?
>>
>>44092837
P Makeda and Hexeris two are popular with it. You want a cyclops raider for snipe. Extoller soulward for eyeless sight.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1449774358055.jpg (85 KB, 1379x1488) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1449774358055.jpg
85 KB, 1379x1488
Rok rescuplt
>>
>>44093307
, well, it's a good thing I held off buying a new mauler kit to hardglue him
>>
>>44093307
I like it. It's got the to damn old and onory winter troll character better than the add-on kit ever did.
>>
>>44093376
That plastic dire Troll kit was ugly as sin anyways.
>>
>>44093307

Ghetorix resculpt when

His Axe looks cool but he just looks funny on the plastic body, very top heavy and static
>>
File: FB_IMG_1449777927913.jpg (21 KB, 573x596) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1449777927913.jpg
21 KB, 573x596
Other cool stuff
>>
>>44094133
What is this and where is it from?
>>
>>44094133
That is the most dynamic flameguard I've ever seen.
>>
>>44094133
Captain Menoth!
>>
>>44094133
Look at his larger pauldrons, a clear visual cue that he is stronger than a normal tfg
>>
>>44074367
i didn't want warmach tactics to be a bland copy of the TT game, because if i want to play TT warmach, i'll play TT warmach.

But giving us the worst of both worlds, the vidya game is slow and boring.
Why not an RTS? why not a turn by turn RPG, why not a diablo like, why not an FPS?

Of all the things it could have been they made it pointless.
Thing is, NWN came out in 2002, and it worked better than WM:T

i mean come on, ragdoll physics on little man dudes you look at from a mile away? what is the fucking point?
>>
>>44091254
I don't think Sylys is worth is with gorten. I also like having some ARM fixer (Aiyana, Ragman) in my gorten lists, since his kit says his method of dealing with armor consists only of "Apply Earthbreaker to affected area"

That might just be me though. The ARM bit. I feel more strongly about sylys.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1449777932440.jpg (29 KB, 741x617) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1449777932440.jpg
29 KB, 741x617
>>44094386
New releases for March
>>
File: FB_IMG_1449777937649.jpg (41 KB, 823x837) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1449777937649.jpg
41 KB, 823x837
>>
>>44095972
What is strength of granite?
>>
>>44095999
They look fun.

>>44096022
Predator nephalim?
>>
>>44095796
I just wish I could save my game in the middle of a mission. I assumed that was pretty trucking standard for a playable tactical game these days.
>>
>>44096115
He's the Grotesque so from Devastation
>>
>>44096044
Do you play gorten with more jacks than just an earthbreaker? No? Then my statement wasn't incorrect. Obviously a colossal with a damage buff will take care of a heavy target, but you can't always commit your colossal to kill that ONE hard to kill thing, because then its out of position and gets taken out by something else. Sometimes you need to rely on other parts of your army, and gorten does nothing to buff damage for things outside his battlegroup.
>>
>>44096115
>>>44095999
>They look fun.
fun? They look like WIP. In fact they had better be WIP because those are some mantic tier levels of shit models.
>>
How overpowered are warlocks/warcasters in the RPG?
>>
>>44098647
They're not too overpowered, honestly. Mostly because you actually have to take a bunch of things into account that you don't usually think about in the wargame. Things like orders from superior officers preventing you from doing whatever you want, finding a way to keep your beasts fed and healthy, coming up with the money to repair/replace warjacks if you're an independent warcaster, etc.

They're a force to be reckoned with, but they come with a LOT of strings attached.
>>
>>44098763
I'm running an Arcane Mechanik / Warcaster in a game I'm in now.

I can make cool shit, and in combat I can do and take a lot of damage.

That's really it. I can't really do anything out of combat due to the narrow skill set.
>>
>>44093307
Feel like I'd rather see a DJ, Terminus or denny2 resculpt but okay...
>>
Khador excited 'bout dat grolar?
>>
>>44102846
It's been too long. The hype has died.

I honestly don't fucking care anymore.
>>
>>44102902
>still waiting for the inflictor
>>
>>44102930
Preach
>>
>>44086723

two people in my meta use journeyman casters way too much. the elimination servitors are there to get rid of them.

I like the monitor idea. I don't own enigma foundries. I know I really need to get one but I'm broke
>>
>>44093307

I feel like there are a lot of models that needed a resculpt before a multikit upgrade character that's never used, but sure yea let's give Rok a new sculpt why not.
>>
>>44104318
are you feeling the boner for hordes yet?
>>
>>44104326
I mean, sure, just release all the gargantuans that trolls and legion vaugly want. But dont release the colossals that people actually want dven tho they came out earlier.

Also thanks for releasing barathrum before the inflictor. I was really holding my breath on that one
>>
>>44104765

If you think literally every legion player isn't sporting the most painful, throbbing erection at all times then you are mistaken
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.