[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on updated Eldar Corsairs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
File: eldarcorsairs.jpg (102 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
eldarcorsairs.jpg
102 KB, 800x680
Hello! I can't bring myself to shell out for a new IA11 book just for the army list but I have yet to see a pdf for the rules. For now I just hope I can make a themed Eldar list using a little bit from each of the CE, DE, Harlequin dexes for the true hobbyist dream :)

Anyone had a look at the list yet and have some feedback on the possibilities?
>>
Even more broken than codex Eldar, good job forgeworld.
>>
Those were the rumours: http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/10/40k-rumors-new-eldar-corsairs-super-power-creep.html

While they seem to have strong options it seems there are a lot of themed options.
>>
>>44072938
forge world realizes 40k is dead balance wise so they're adding more fuel to the fire

they're hoping everyone realizes 30k/HH is a superior game and move on to buying their Resin Crack
>>
>>44072912
anyone have a pdf?
>>
>>44075659
Haven't found anything unfortunely :/
>>
someone tldr why this is looking broken i always knew they were fun, but broken?

im willing to bet its their allies shenanigans... fucking allies always ruin balance.
>>
>>44072912
I remember seeing some screenshots of a few models. Nothing really stood out as being crazy, but I could be wrong.
>>
What are the stats for the new Wraith Knights? The warp spider one has my cock diamond stiff.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 600x620
>>44076785
The monofilament one has two firing modes. Both are strength 7 AP 4 and can fire either as a hellstorm template or an apocalyptic blast. And since you have two a model... Yeah.

It also has the monofilament rule, which means it wounds based on initiative and auto wounds at AP 2 on the roll of a six.

The inferno lance is strength 8 AP 1 melta, and fires D3+2 shots per lance, again you get two per wraithknight. While it doesn't auto pen like the D does, the advantages of firing that insane number of melta shots is obvious. You will turbo fuck vehicle formations (and you can fire at multiple targets, because GC).

Also they can both warp shunt, which means they move 2d6 in a direction of your choice, then either scatter D6 or leap into ongoing reserves.

They also look really kewl.

Statlines are identical to current GW Wraithknight.
>>
>>44076617
from what I got it's basically eldar, but with more stuff.
>>
Not sure what these cries of 'brokenness' are all about. Saw the leaks and there wasn't really anything all that scary aside from the Phantom Titan obviously being a pile of rape. Probably /tg/ jumping the gun as usual.
>>
>>44076617
Hornets can have two pulse lasers for five points each and come in squadrons.

A psyker ability that lets you leg the length of the table and then assault.

A unit of jetbikes that can potentially toss out ten strength 10 AP 1 shots a turn.

These sorts of things.

Oh and that tank that shoots out a spray of D shots.
>>
>>44077102
>hornets
Yes, I'm as excited for them as I was when they had the exact same loadout before. The only change is that they are more expensive than before. So, nerf.

>jetbike dissonance cannons
A heavy 1 heavy bolter that gets stronger on a 6 to hit. Yes, this is strong if the gimmick works. A unit of 6 is expensive, and on average will shit out 4 S6 AP3 shots. Woohoo. You're still going to be jinking with them if the enemy looks at them funny and sees "S10 AP1 HOLY SHIT", so not much use there. Best use for then as I can see are their 5 point splinter cannons. Makes then better reavers.

>spray of D shots
Corsairs are limited to 1 HS slot per coterie, but the warp hunter could be squadroned. D3 small blasts that can't roll a 6 on the D table is formidable, but not on the same level as an army of wraiths. And if the vehicle has to jink at all, the gun is useless.

Corsairs can't even use the new wraithknight.

Quit your whining, the army is actually very balanced.
>>
>>44077102
>A psyker ability that lets you leg the length of the table and then assault.

Why cast powers when you can just use harlequins/deldar for DS/no scatter assault vehicles? Especially when aforementioned power needs to be rolled on, and then successfully cast, has an even more punishing perils table if you fail and the only CC unit you can cast it on makes you roll at -1 ld?
>>
>>44074163

The new DkoK list is horrible rule wise and the renegade list is pretty bad as well but with a broken detachment.

Forge World rule writers are just like GW ones, bad.
>>
>>44077219
You asked. And I don't know how you don't think those bikes aren't extremely powerful, or how easy it is for Eldar to twin link their weapons. Also, they can outflank and assault move so if you are doing it right you shouldn't be getting shot at at all.

I'll be buying this book myself as I love corsairs, but going "hurr pshaw!" at everything here is just childish.

>>44077271
Why not both? It's a really good ability. Cart something up the board and mess an enemy unit up in melee. It's great.

I do think /tg/ is being super reactionary with this (as per fucking usual) but saying these things aren't super scary is silly.
>>
>>44077280
plus the nerfed the living hell out of the dread pod

whats the point of an Immobile Assault Vehicle that you cant use when it arrives again?
>>
>>44077219
I thought they had the video rule and got stronger per successful hit, not every six.
>>
>>44077345
I never asked. That was a different anon. I'm as excited about corsairs as you are, but I think it's unfair to call them as OP or moreso than craftworlds eldar.

These guys are balanced, and looks to be how true eldar should be played. Not scatterlaser/D spam
>>
>>44077280
at least they SORT OF make CSM playable wihtout heldrakes
>>
>>44077417
Nope, some anon scanned the pages a week or so ago. They are mini vibro-cannons, but only get stronger on a 6 to hit.
>>
>>44077497
Oh thank god, I can field them and not feel like a cock.
>>
>>44077431
I agree, although they seem to be how true Dark Eldar should be played imo.
>>
>>44077497
link to the scans?
>>
>>44077632
Yeah, they aren't that impressive, but it's a really cool ability nonetheless.

>>44077711
Yeah, I see that. I dropped my Dark eldar because they didn't play well enough to fit the fluff in my mind. You can build better dark eldar in corsairs than you ever could with dark eldar this way, so I'm happy to be starting it soon.

>>44077732

Thread # is 43866096

Link I have is 404, maybe it's in the archive. No one has uploaded it to the General's MEGA yet.
>>
annoyingly, there are no pictures for the Cobra or Scorpion in that thread.
>>
File: what_rhymes_with_eldar.jpg (162 KB, 490x789) Image search: [Google]
what_rhymes_with_eldar.jpg
162 KB, 490x789
>>44076899
>Mfw
Oh thank you anon. My body is ready. I've got 30 Warp Spiders already, and having a huge one would be fantastic.
>>
>>44076899
>>44078893
Only thing that needs correcting here is the movement.
its normal 12" movement with d6" scatter, or enter ongoing reserves.
if the scatter would mishap, you enter ongoing reserves and take a wound
>>
>>44078966
My bad, thanks for the correction.
>>
>>44078966
Is this in the assault phase? why would you ever use that?
>>
>>44078893
>30

Mate I have ten. And they are horrifying enough. I pity da foo who has to go up against thirty.

Turns out they are perfect at murdering wraiths though. As in Necron wraiths.
>>
>>44077345

Honestly, a lot of these things aren't scary. Complaining about psychic abilities that do the equivalent of mediocre armies like Harlies and Deldar is just plain ol' /tg/ retardation.
>>
>>44079278
I do maintain that ability is really good, but yeah /tg/ can be a pack of retards when it comes to Eldar.

The fluffy perils chart and Wild psyker stuff has me super excited though.
>>
>>44079249
nope. movement.

>why would you ever use that?
who knows
>>
>>44079358
do you know if it is a Jetpack or still a Jump pack GC?
>>
>>44079249
Same reason people use swooping Hawks.

Jump out, hellstorm something, leap back into reserves and do it again after deepstriking again.

Or the same but melting tank battalions.

It has its uses.
>>
>>44079399
Jump GMC
>>
File: 1448726086031.jpg (1 MB, 2204x3920) Image search: [Google]
1448726086031.jpg
1 MB, 2204x3920
>>44079399
lets just do this
>>
>>44079442
Massive blast, my mistake. I was operating off memory.
>>
>>44079430
>>44079418
>>44079399
>>44079358
>>44079249
>>44079442
So its a completely useless ability.
Good to know it still has obscene guns.
>>
>>44079319
>The fluffy perils chart and Wild psyker stuff has me super excited though.
I would like to hear about this
>>
>>44079486
One of the perils has your psyker turning into a daemonette.
>>
File: 1448724055249.jpg (2 MB, 2204x3920) Image search: [Google]
1448724055249.jpg
2 MB, 2204x3920
>>44079486
>>
>>44079486
Corsairs have their own Perils chart. On a 1 they count as slain, gain the Daemon of Slaanesh special rule, and become controlled by your opponent. 2-3 automatically pins the unit and causes the power to be redirected onto a unit chosen by the opponent. 4-5 forces a Morale test on 3D6, dropping the lowest, for all friendly units within 12". And a 6 has no immediate effect, but causes a Perils on any double you roll in the future.

Unlike the standard Perils chart, you don't get to roll a Ld test to avoid or reduce the effect, and unlike Farseers they don't have a Ghosthelm to protect them. Their unique Discipline is potentially very powerful, but every Perils you roll really hurts.
>>
>>44079634
Whadayya think of the Skathach Wraithknights?
>>
>>44079478
Don't GCs make 3d6 then multiply the highest one for movement? That 12" thing just negates that
>>
>>44079822
jump GCs move 12 in any direction ignoring terrain. or 12" normally and reroll charge distance.
>>
>>44079822
It's jump.
>>
>>44079689
I've not tried one yet. The one with the giant Deathspinners looks like it could be pretty useful for mass horde clearance, though I've found the basic Sword/Shield Wraithknight to be serviceable enough at that in melee and can still bring the D when required. Not sure how well the Fusion Lances or whatever they're called will stand up against the Heavy Wraithcannons - the extra shots are obviously going to be good at stripping wounds/hull points and getting around cover/invulnerable saves, but there's no chance of rolling a Killshot and just erasing your target outright.

Their teleportation special rule is pretty much pointless, which is disappointing. It doesn't seem to have a lot of use beyond shoving it back into Reserves and Deep Striking back into play on the other side of the board during games with especially large tables.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>44079866
I'm with you on the inferno lance one. I don't think it is necessary useful, unless you have a vehicle heavy meta.

The monofilament one is NUTS. Brilliant against necrons especially, which my friend has. Or against guardsman blobs.

I use the sword variant myself, I don't think it's necessary to have single shot ranged D or melta.

I'm rambling now so I shall stop. You going to start an army of these dudes?
>>
>>44079580
Fluffy, but pretty bad for the psyker. Unless they have some unique power, I expect to never use one, or only use WC1 powers on a single dice roll
>>
Neysu.com I through up my list to test stuff and lots of pics of conversions
>>
>>44080119
They have their own entirely unique powers.
>>
File: 1448716748697.jpg (2 MB, 2204x3920) Image search: [Google]
1448716748697.jpg
2 MB, 2204x3920
>>44080119
the corsair powers are amazing
>>
>>44080188
I would love to throw my friends necron deathstar into reserves. Or My other friends Calgar and honour guard.
>>
>>44080027
I already have! I got a few of the Corsairs when they were first released, but the army didn't really go anywhere. The new rules have really kicked the list back into life, so I'm getting a proper, functional list sorted out.

This will be my...fifth or sixth type of Eldar army, depending on how you count things.
>>
>>44080240
Cool bro. Come by the general some time after a few games and let us now what's the army is like. A lot of us would appreciate it.

Also holy crap. I count Eldar, Dark Eldar, Harlequins and Corsairs. What are the others?
>>
>>44080288
Eldar, Dark Eldar (3rd edition), Dark Eldar (5th edition), Dark Eldar (Haemonculus Covens), Harlequins. And now Corsairs.
>>
>take away Lash of Submission and Pavane
>give it to Eldar
Biggest bullshit in the game.
>>
>>44080381
Oh wow you collected Dark Eldar during third edition! What were they like back then?

>>44080398
What do those powers do?
>>
>>44080426
Lash of submission and pavane of slaanesh were the same power by two names that demons and chaos marines had that allowed you to move an enemy unit. Usually to group them up for blasts.

It was removed, and now the corsairs have it back as one of their powers
>>
>>44080475
Sounds...

Groovy...
>>
>>44080426
>What were they like back then?

In terms of gameplay? Not all that different, at their most basic level, from how they are now. Extremely fast, hard-hitting, and fragile. Those traits were more strongly emphasized back then, though - Raiders had no defensive options except for Night Shields, which made an opponent count as being 6" further away when shooting at them, for example. If something was shot at it usually died, whereas nowadays your vehicles can Jink and some come with built-in Invulnerable saves. The Codex was very sharply split between units which were extremely good for their cost and units which were almost unplayable. It's interesting to see how many special rules which are now common in 40k grew from that book; Turbo-Boost used to be unique to the Dark Eldar, and IIRC Fleet was originally given to them before retroactively being added to the Eldar codex.

>>44080475
If there is a god, it plays Eldar.
>>
>>44080398
Warp Blink is like Lash with a third of the range. But since we're dealing with Corsairs, if the Dreamer rolls it they'll probably be throwing dudes into range for Reckless Abandon or assault at every opportunity instead of closing to point blank range with a hostile squad.

Warp Tunnel and Webway Maze are nuts, but we're looking at 4-6 charges spent to reasonably ensure successful casting on a dude without any special rerolls or defenses against his amplified Perils table.
>>
>>44081062
Huh that's really interesting.

Since I have you here I might as well semi interrogate you. What was your first army? What got you interested in the hobby and start collecting?
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.