[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chaos Space Marine Codex.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: prefer.png (325 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
prefer.png
325 KB, 500x500
I ctrl+f Chaos space marine codex and nothing showed up.

So this is a "What kinds of changes would you like to see for a great Codex; that happens to be Chaos Space Marines?"

Would it make sense to have more variety for the weapons? Or make them highly competitive against some of the more devastating lists out there?

I'm sure that some of the everyday weapons that are morphing have picked up some sort of noticeable change to their stats somehow. Or invent some.
>>
File: 1436324823977.jpg (75 KB, 782x546) Image search: [Google]
1436324823977.jpg
75 KB, 782x546
I Wish CSM would have a reliable way of rushing into close combat. Also make possessed good and chapter tactics for legions plz.
>>
>>44071567
I wish they would just go full ham and release side codexes like they do for some Space marine chapters.

Or have a CSM codex that is very substantial with lore and rules to make the different factions feel more unique and usable.

I might be asking too much though I don't know.
>>
>>44071440
I just want new CSM models, the ones we have are old as balls
>>
File: nofuture.jpg (108 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
nofuture.jpg
108 KB, 500x333
We've been talking about what we want for years now.
We got a beyond shitty Codex and have shitty minis, and, unlike the others, we are not going to get fixed.

It's the same old story, the sooner you give up, the sooner you will be at peace.
We are collectors and conversion-making people, and that's it.

Yes, a new codex and new boxes will arrive. And guess what? They will suck.

A set of false rumors proved that giving us good rules is so damn easy that a dude can make them in his free time just for the lulz.
But still, we are here waiting.
Writing them was never the problem.

And now look at Chaos in AoS.
That is the style we are going to get from the new minis.
Soulless, lame, exaggerated bullshit just to please the modern young teenager that want to be the "bad guys" just to get over the constant bullying.

Give up the daydreaming.
>>
File: CATS.jpg (62 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
CATS.jpg
62 KB, 250x250
>>44071830

C'mon, anon.
J-just one last time?
>>
>>44071440
I would have liked some legion rules. Which is why I'm getting into 30k now.
>>
>tfw don't play chaos
>Tfw want them to get a top-tier codex for once because I feel bad for them.

Orks too. I'd say sisters as well, but we all know that shit ain't happening.
>>
>>44072071
Like we said a thousand time, we don't care about being OP.
We would be happy to be on the SoB/Orks/Dark Eldar side. A weak codex, but a codex that at least lets you play with the faction you know and love.

Our codex is bad because it's not really CSM.
>>
>>44071830
I thought 3.5 was pretty good?
>>
>>44072170
It's was the right path.
If they follow that line, we would have get some amazing codices by now.
>>
>>44072071
>for once
they've had top tier books several times, man

much of the current state of affairs is because of how powerful their codices were
>>
File: 1446020346302.jpg (53 KB, 490x633) Image search: [Google]
1446020346302.jpg
53 KB, 490x633
>storm GW HQ
>take employees and everyone else present hostage
>kill everyone except for 8x8 people
>sacrifice them in a ritual to the dark gods
Atop the mountain of corpses you will either recieve daemonhood or a codex of your liking.
>>
>>44072282
I'm pretty sure that would open a warp rift; but is the Emperor ready?

Is he still rebirthing in this day and age?
>>
>>44072282
Or we could just let it go the road of Mordheim and have fan codexes
>>
So anything on a new 'dex?
>>
>>44072571
Right now the only believable rumor is that it will come no sooner than summer.
>>
>>44072887

Fuck. I should have played ultramarines.

I kinda feel that CSM 'dex is kinda poopy right now.
Chaos Space Marines themselves seem like a waste of good points.
The hell drakes and fiends are kinda cool though but I hate how the hellbrute has become a melee unit without good loadouts for shooting.
Another thing is that the spess mehreens have all kinds of cool shit, common geedub. Your story needs cool villains.
>>
>>44073066
Eldar were my second choice.

If only i knew.
>>
>>44072116
Sisters really aren't even all that weak, they're just lacking in diversity. Sure, they're not comically broken like Eldar, but they're certainly not "weak."

All Sisters really need is just a new model range. CSM need a lot more than that.
>>
Why didn't Games Workshop just go ahead and make all of the new AoS/End Times Chaos kits dual compatible with Chaos Space Marines? They're already close enough that you can do it with minimal conversion work (if giving them Space Marine pauldrons and power packs counts as a conversion), and it would've enabled them to sell more kits and books.
>>
>>44071440
For starters, I'd move Spawnhood to results 11-12 on the table, and let you take a Leadership test to avoid it. I'd give results 13-21 new effects; if you get to roll on the table, it should do something. I'd let you rearrange the order of the d6's so that you can try to avoid USR's that don't do anything for the unit in question. I'd make results 22, 33, 44, and 55 into powerful God-themed boons. Dark Apotheosis would let you keep Mastery Levels, non-weapon wargear, and any artifacts the model had, or you can instead choose any other result from the table.

I'd add at least one other way to gain boons other than killing characters. Maybe tie them to accomplishing tactical objectives so that you have a way to roll on the table even if the enemy avoids feeding your Champions?

Redo the Mark and Icons as follows:
>>
>>44074625

Mark of Khorne: +1 A, Furious Charge, Counter-Attack
Mark of Slaanesh: +1 I, Acute Senses, Night Vision, Fleet
Mark of Nurgle: +1 T, Defensive Grenades
Mark of Tzeentch: 5++ or +1 to Invuln, Harness warp on 3+ or generate 1 WC if non-psyker, Access to Divination

All characters with a Mark may purchase an Exalted Mark.
Exalted Mark of Khorne (15 Points): +1 WS, +1 W, Rampage, Crusader
Exalted Mark of Slaanesh (15 Points): +1 WS, +1 W, Hit & Run
Exalted Mark of Nurgle (25 Points): +1 W, Feel no Pain or +1 to Feel No Pain if already have
Exalted Mark of Tzeentch (35 Points): +1 W, Psyker Mastery Level 1 or +1 to Mastery Level, May reroll dice when generating powers

Unmarked characters can purchase:
Exalted Champion of Chaos (10 Points): +1 W, May add or subtract one from one of the dice rolled for Chaos Boons (can't be used to get Apotheosis), Fearless

Icons are changed to the following. Units that Deep Strike within 6" of an Icon with the same alignment or within 6" of an Icon of Vengeance do not scatter.
Icon of Wrath (25 Points): Unit may reroll charge distances, units being charged can only overwatch if they pass a LD test, unit gains Hatred and Hammer of Wrath.
Icon of Excess (40 Points): Unit gains Feel No Pain, Preferred Enemy.
Icon of Decay (25 Points): Unit gains Slow and Purposeful, Stealth, and any models in melee with the unit suffer a number of S2 hits with the Poison (2+) rule equal to the number of models in the unit at I1.
Icon of Flame (20 Points): Bolt weapons and Autocanons used by the unit gain AP3 or Shred if they already have AP3. All ranged and melee attacks by the unit have Soul Blaze.
>>
Honestly I want an entire revamp of the shitty codex system, as it stands codices are just a retarded way to milk people for more money. All the current rules for every faction could be included in the BRB because there's not much material and a fuckload of unnecessary content-less space/model pictures in the BRB and codices (not that I don't like model pictures but it shouldn't be prioritized over useful content).

So if they're going to make us buy another expensive book, then at least make it worth it. Give us $50 worth of stuff since you are charging $50. What I mean by that is options, a plethora of options, a metric bootyload of options. 30 different types of foot MEQ, 10 different ways to run assault marines, etc. than can all use the same models. "B-But that would just be a bunch of convoluted rules-dense stuff nobody uses." No, fuck you. 1) 40k is not balanced anyway, so who cares if nobody uses some things. Somebody will, and it will be fun for them, 2) Minimalistic game design is cancer, see: the Elder Scrolls series. So what if some skills aren't optimal, people like those things and nobody is forcing you to use them. If you're worried about having to check the rulebook once in a while or facing something you're not familiar with, I invite you to fuck off and ruin some other hobby.

Some examples using the Chaos Space Marine (points costs adjusted for abilities of course) troop models might be:

>fabius's experiments: fearless marines with more toughness or something
>world eaters hit squad: shock troops with greater run distance and single use explosive axe heads
>alpha legion xenos liasons: bonus against xenos, and gain benefits if allied with xenos
>plague marine devastators: can use some kind of poison snot cannons, poison flamers, etc.
>plague marine fly wardens: can infect other units with plague markers, put a token on the unit and it suffers some effect

And of course a Chaos Space Marine armory that makes 3.5 look small time.
>>
Open topped rhinos.
>>
>>44074912
If you're changing anything else, just make certain units be able to charge out of rhinos, like

>chaos rhinos taken by a unit of khorne berzerkers, chosen, etc. have the assault vehicle special rule
>>
>>44074640
Possessed lose the ranom table. Instead, they gain benefits based on their Mark, which they must take.

Khorne: AP3, Shred.
Nurgle: Feel no Pain, Poison (3+)
Slaanesh: Rending, +3 to Run and Charge distance.
Tzeentch: Brotherhood of Sorcerers, Infiltrate.

Warp Talons gain the following rule:
Empyrean Predators: At beginning of your turn, this unit may voluntarily enter Ongoing Reserves. Instead of rolling for this unit, they automatically enter play via Deep Strike on your next turn. This unit may assault the turn they enter play due to Empyrean Predators. This rule may not be used if any Independent Characters have joined the unit.

All three God disciplines get redone as 6 power tables.

>Slaanesh
Primaris: Sensory Overload- Same as current but gains Ignores Cover

Hysterical Frenzy- Same as current.

Symphony of Pain- Same as current.

Ecstatic Seizures- Same as current.

Cacophonic Choir- Same as Codex: Chaos Daemons

Acquiesence- Same as Codex: Chaos Daemons.

Lash of Submission- Witchfire- WC3
Rng: 24" S: - AP: - Assault 1, Dance of Madness
Dance of Madness- Instead of rolling to wound, you may move each model in the unit hit up 6". This follows all the normal rules for movement (can't move through impassable terrain, can't move within an inch of enemies, etc).
>>
>>44071440
The biggest things I want are Legion tactics as a counterpart to Chapter tactics, a wider variety of options to customize units and vehicleswith special weapons and Marks, and having Veterans of the Long War give some bigger benefits to make them feel like they're 10,000 year old highly skilled veterans.
>>
>>44071830
Sad thing is even if all that good shit was true we wouldn't even be on par with the more broken codexes.
>>
>>44071440
>Posting a reddit meme
>>
>>44075049
>Nurgle
Primaris: Nurgle's Rot- Same as current except Range is 7".

Weapon Virus- Same as current.

Gift of Contagion- Same as current except can be instead cast as a blessing on Nurgle aligned units that grants Shrouded and Poison (2+).

Plague Wind- Same as current.

Miasma of Pestilence- Same as Codex: Chaos Daemons.

Stream of Corruption- Same as Codex: Chaos Daemons.

Blessed Ague - Can be cast as a blessing that target Nurgle aligned units or a malediction, is WC1 with a 24" range either way.
Blessing- Feel No Pain 5+ or +1 to Feel No Pain if the target already has it and It Will Not Die
Malediction- Unit treats all terrain as both difficult and dangerous terrain, suffers -2 WS and BS
>>
>>44075621

>Tzeentch
Primaris: Flickering Fire- Same as Codex: Chaos Daemons, except gains Inferno rule,and the range is 27".

Tzeentch's Firestorm- Same as current with following alterations. Range is 27", is a large blast, and can be cast for 1, 2, or 3 WC. 1 WC is base. 2 WC grants Ignores Cover and AP: d6. 3 WC grants Ignores Cover, AP: d6-1, Inferno hits are resolved at S5: AP:4 and ignore cover.

Boon of Mutation- Can either be cast in current mode except no S4 hit, or can be cast as a Focussed Witchfire for WC2 that forces a LD test on 3d6 that causes a wound with no armor or cover saves on failure and creates a Chaos Spawn if the target dies.

Doombolt- Same as current except gains Inferno, and can be cast for 1, 2, or 3 warp charge. 1 WC is base. 2 WC makes it S:9 and any vehicle that loses its last hull point explodes.. 3 WC makes it S: 10, successful Invulnerable saves must be rerolled, and any vehicle that loses its last hull point explodes..

Warptime- Blessing, Range 18", WC2.
Unit may reroll failed Invulnerable Saves and To-Hit rolls, can only affect Tzeentch-aligned models.

Grand Deception- Blessing, Range 18", WC2.
Unit may be redeployed to anywhere within 9" of current position, can't assault this turn, enemy units must reroll successful to-hit rolls against them, can only affect Tzeentch-aligned models.
>>
Improved Armoury and Costs
Improved Artifacts
Possessed table fixed
Remove Forced Challenges
Remove the ability to be turned into a Daemon Prince or Spawn, as this was done just to sell more fucking models
Add legion rules
Plastic Dreadclaw
Better wargear for cultist champion
Mandatory Aspiring Champion removed
Veteran tactics for Chosen
No longer forced to take 1 psychic power from your God's table if a Sorcerer
Expand equipment options for Warpsmith and Dark Apostle
>>
>>44075049
>>44075621
>>44075634
Left off Flicker Fire losing Warpflame and missed Changing all the Nurgle power ranges to multiples of 7.
>>
>>44075049
That could make possessed kinda cool
>>
Sad Panda - who has a 100% accuracy record - replied to a thread on dakka regarding CSM.

The Chaos Space Marine codex will not be overhauled in 2016. The post was somewhat ambiguous, but it sounds like CSM are getting something in 2016, but its not a full update.

Sad Pandas remarks have been as good as if GW themselves officially announced them. Looks like CSM are finished on the tabletop, for at least another year+.
>>
>>44077047
>Sad Panda
>A person not a hentai site
What?
>>
>>44077253
He/she is a source of info on several GW fansites and rumor sites. Yet to be wrong, so it looks like everyone can pack their CSM away until 2017 at least.
>>
>>44071830
Geeeet bent.
>>
File: 1449602939803.jpg (89 KB, 698x840) Image search: [Google]
1449602939803.jpg
89 KB, 698x840
>>44075382
Even if all that shit were true wed have to be nearly half price to be competitive.

GW has made their intentions known, they fucking hate chaos and are not going to fix it. Theyll allow daemons to exist due to Phil Kelly and chaos marines will always be shit tier because people got butt angry at 3.5.

Hell people were so angry at 3.5 they made melee impossible.

Fuck that game. And fuck that company.
>>
>>44071602
well, they are kinda doing this with daemonkin
>>
>>44077839
Yeah 40k is in the worst shape Ive ever seen it.
>>
>>44077891
According to Sad Panda, KDK was basically a spur of the moment release to capitalize on the Bloodthirster. Doesn't necessarily preclude more books in a similar vein, but it's a far cry from this Spring when everyone thought Tzeentch Daemonkin would be coming out soon after.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.