[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nip Quest(fo realz)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: anonymous-men-bowing-8500166.jpg (32 KB, 350x258) Image search: [Google]
anonymous-men-bowing-8500166.jpg
32 KB, 350x258
(I'm gonna try this again, since last time I posted it too late for me to actually do anything)
Welcome to Nip Quest, or Japanese Quest, no matter how you want to say it, we're starting this quest! You're assuming the role of a lowly merchant thief, who takes what isn't barred down then attempts to sell it back for outrageous prices. As you might expect, living on the lamb is hard, and when someone approaches you, you claim that it's for your wife and kids, despite you being an unmarried man. Most people know you as scum, a bottomfeeder, and a lowlife. Others who are oblivious of your actions see you as a reliable trader who has good stock and good mon. The only reason you haven't been arrested is due to no proof to anyone's claims since you usually swipe the smaller things.

The setting takes place in ye olde feudal japan, an alternate version of it in case I mess up anything so it won't be on me imsosorryplzdonthurtme. But yeah, that's about the gist of it. Samurai are still around, and this takes place at 1603, the era of peace after constant warring that occurred and yadda yadda yadda, you probably know this, and if you don't, well that won't matter much in the grand scheme of things. We are set in the Edo market district, and this man being who he is was setting up his shop to get more customers with fresh hot stolen goods! But we don't seem to have a name for our little "protagonist." What name shall we give him?

Oh! I almost forgot, just say an action and roll a 1d100 to determine priority. The highest roll is the choice. If it gets too outta control, then I will resort to the typical quest system.
>>
Niwa.
>>
Rise
>>
>>44066170
Niimatsu
>>
>>44067434
>>44069662
>>44069662
You guys have to roll
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

Bump

Seriously, rolling for "Bump" to be his name.

Never rolled before; I hope this doesn't fuck up.
>>
I vote we steal a sword and con ourselves as a Sammy.

If we can pull it off it would make our job a lot easier. We tell people to do something and they will.

Of course, we have to be very careful not to get caught...

Name? Tsunetomo.
>>
>>44069889
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>44069889
>>44069898

Okay, maybe NOW I'm done embarrassing myself.
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>44069662
Rolling
>>
>>44070286
You, Niimatsu, has set up your stand early in the morning, with people beginning to tend to their daily duties of farming, and er...farming. Oh! And the occasional shopper. Most are from nearby villages, who only journeyed to the city to spoil themselves before going back to their work on the countryside. Others are regulars, lived here for a bit, with some richer than others based on their more extravagant dress.

You lit the lanterns in this early morning, as the sun was peeking, but has not yet fully risen, and probably will remain that way for a good two hours. Some eye you with disgust as you rub your hands together, anticipating the daily profit. They know your face, yet they have nothing to pin it with besides their word, and that's worthless. After all, you can't buy words!

As the morning went on, people presumably not from Edo, asked for your wares, and being the honest merchant you are, was happy to provide! They requested a small hoe for their farm, and you provided it! For a small fee of course, which was par for the course. The shopper happily accepted his purchase and went back the way you came.

The day was promising, as you made an early purchase that was at the very least, enough to buy yourself a drink or two, which was always nice. As you counted your mon however, a tall burly man wearing a rice hat approached you, his sheer admittedly scary size eclipsing the very sun behind him.

"C-can I help you?"

He looked at your puny stand, and began rustling through it, picking up various items, sniffing them and scowling before he plopped them on down next to you. "...Yeah. I want this vase right here...." He said in a deep monotone voice.

"Of course! May I ask why this interested you?"

"It's for a friend. A friend...WHOSE NAME IS RIGHT HERE!" He pointed out the to you, which in characters read 'Kawasuzi'. This is an outrage! This man has came to your storefront and openly accused you of stealing!...I think. What do?
>>
>>44070427
>They know our face
I vote we change venue as soon as possible.

>Accused of stealing

Next time we'll be sure to remove any marks of identification from our wares. Look at this as a learning experience.

I hope we have some sort of third party fall-guy picked out beforehand. If not, after leaving town we need to make a list of easy to blame and finger suspects in case we find ourselves in hot water again.

"When
the time comes, there is no moment for reasoning. And if you have not done your inquiring beforehand , there is most often
shame. Reading books and listening to people’s talk are for the purpose of prior resolution."
-Hagakure

We look him in the eye as smooth as silk and politely tell him that we bought this vase from third party. We are most certainly sorry if this was stolen from his friend, but we certainly didn't do the stealing.

Also, we might get more players if this wasn't called Nip quest. It sounds like it came from /pol/.
>>
>>44070558
Noted. Also, rolling is appreciated desu
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

>>44070587
Doh! I keep forgetting that damn roll!
>>
Be verbally aggressive. You're in a public space. Demand to know what he's implying!
>>
>>44070999
>mfw roll didn't work
i typed it roll, not dice

forgive me senpai
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>44070999
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG
>>
>>44070596
Incoming
>>
>>44070596
"I-I don't know what you're talking about...I bought it from a friend, I didn't know it was stolen...honest!" The towering man, filled with frustration grunted and tucked the inside his arm.

"You're a damn liar, you mean to tell me that you never saw these markings? This is obviously a name, yet you chose to try and sell it."

"N-no! I tried to find the owner, b-but..."

"You're stumbling on yourself you damn thief. First you say you didn't know it was stolen, and now you're saying you never noticed the markings. And what friends? From what I understand and see...no friends. Tell me where you found this!"

"I-I..." You wiped your perspiring forehead as you looked up at the aggressor, his stone face shifting into a huge smile as he watched you squirm. You look around, and people are glancing your way, some with devilish grins, others with confusion. "I-I"

"You don't have to answer, hey uh...what's your name?"

"Niimatsu"

"EVERYONE!" The tower of a man bellowed, his commanding tone of voice silencing the market area of his lessers. "WHO CAN VOUCH FOR THIS MAN?!" He placed the vase back on the stand. "WHO CAN VOUCH FOR NIIMATSU? WHO SEES HIM AS FRIEND?"

You stare up at this man with not only fear, but also in great awe, then hastily looked back into the crowd where most are shaking their head in response. You know that you have no acquaintances to speak of, and he knows this as he repeatedly looks back with confidence that absolutely melts your soul, with the worst being of what is your fate for being caught red handed. Surely there's something you can do? Or are we simply a defenseless rat?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.